Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,305 members, 7,811,905 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 11:01 PM

Nigeria's Economic Crisis May Not Affect Jonathan's Re-election. - Reuters - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria's Economic Crisis May Not Affect Jonathan's Re-election. - Reuters (10630 Views)

NASS Crisis May Lead To Buhari’s Impeachment – Lawyer / Why G7 Governors Decamping Does Not Really Affect Jonathan's 2015 Chances / Crisis May End Pdp’s Reign - Oyinlola (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria's Economic Crisis May Not Affect Jonathan's Re-election. - Reuters by Nobody: 3:11pm On Dec 14, 2014
Min57:
We r tired of this mathafacker, let him go back to his zoo or start a fish pond!!!

when will the cattle rearer go back to the bush
Re: Nigeria's Economic Crisis May Not Affect Jonathan's Re-election. - Reuters by Innodon(m): 3:12pm On Dec 14, 2014
ok
Re: Nigeria's Economic Crisis May Not Affect Jonathan's Re-election. - Reuters by drey076(m): 3:12pm On Dec 14, 2014
waternogetemeny:
GEJ till 2019
Ode

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's Economic Crisis May Not Affect Jonathan's Re-election. - Reuters by waternogetemeny: 3:13pm On Dec 14, 2014
drey076:

Ode

Mumu

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's Economic Crisis May Not Affect Jonathan's Re-election. - Reuters by PassingShot(m): 3:14pm On Dec 14, 2014
PDP/GEJ looking for just anything to give them a glimmer of hope.

Nothing for una come Feb 2015.

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria's Economic Crisis May Not Affect Jonathan's Re-election. - Reuters by Omowhara(m): 3:16pm On Dec 14, 2014
Propaganda to save GEJ blushes..

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria's Economic Crisis May Not Affect Jonathan's Re-election. - Reuters by taharqa: 3:18pm On Dec 14, 2014
PassingShot:
PDP/GEJ looking for just anything to give them a glimmer of hope.

Nothing for una come Feb 2015.

So you honestly believe, away from all d noise been made presently, that Buhari will win GEJ and PDP in a presidential election in just 2 months time, in this same Naija??

Is owk o....

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria's Economic Crisis May Not Affect Jonathan's Re-election. - Reuters by Nobody: 3:18pm On Dec 14, 2014
watery and impactless analysis by Reuters. Not impressed at all
Re: Nigeria's Economic Crisis May Not Affect Jonathan's Re-election. - Reuters by patrotic9gerian: 3:19pm On Dec 14, 2014
seun I am really suspecting you with the kind of GEJ thread you bring to front page and Buhari thread these days. I think PDP has dropped some change with you to promote GEJ for reelection next year. How come a president who has performed soo poorly is never criticised in most threads that make front page. I observed this change at least in the last 3 months... Pls be an instrument of Change and promote the truth and desire of Nigerians...

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria's Economic Crisis May Not Affect Jonathan's Re-election. - Reuters by Sylvarresta(m): 3:19pm On Dec 14, 2014
Na their Opinion be that..... All I knw is as for me and my family na Buhari we go vote for....

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's Economic Crisis May Not Affect Jonathan's Re-election. - Reuters by seedorfg(m): 3:19pm On Dec 14, 2014
Operation kick Gej outta aso rock comes 2015, no more jonadaftian or cluelessness

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria's Economic Crisis May Not Affect Jonathan's Re-election. - Reuters by Nobody: 3:21pm On Dec 14, 2014
They hate Naija yet they keep poking their nose like we care about their analysis.

Team GMB anyway!

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's Economic Crisis May Not Affect Jonathan's Re-election. - Reuters by Sylvarresta(m): 3:22pm On Dec 14, 2014
ypzilanti:

grin grin grin grin grin why are you soliciting for people to come and get rich? All your relatives and friends don rich finish?
don't mind the wretched being....
Re: Nigeria's Economic Crisis May Not Affect Jonathan's Re-election. - Reuters by edgyslim: 3:28pm On Dec 14, 2014
ypzilanti:

grin grin grin grin grin why are you soliciting for people to come and get rich? All your relatives and friends don rich finish?

Bro I had to login to tell you that was a fantastic response. I don laff so tey tears dey drop for my eyes.

Good 1 bro. Have a blessed Sunday.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's Economic Crisis May Not Affect Jonathan's Re-election. - Reuters by Worthyisthelamb: 3:30pm On Dec 14, 2014
Let's start with the recent policy of naira devaluation which is predicated against the backdrop of global plummet in the price per barrel of crude oil in the international market. As it were, a dollar exchanges for 182 naira at the official rate. What this implies is that if Nigeria sells a barrel of oil at one dollar, then she now earns 182 naira per barrel as compared to 150 naira when the exchange rate is 150 naira to a dollar. The implication is that in nominal terms the nation earns additional income from international trade. And the increased revenue from the devaluation policy can be used to finance the budget estimates. This would seem to have enamoured the nation against whatever shock that may result from the global oil price fall.
However, the negative effect of devaluation will clearly eclipsed the perceived benefits given the fact that Nigeria has a very high level of import content by the industrial sector and a high marginal propensity to import especially by the elites will rob the nation of the benefits of devaluation through the instrumentality of imported inflation via the monetary transmission mechanism. In layman analysis, if as a producer I import an input at the rate of one dollar, with the devaluation policy it means I will spend ore in naira term to get the same input and that will increase my cost of production. If the elasticity of demand for my product is low, the best course of action is to increase the price of the product to shift the burden on the final consumers. Then we have cost-push inflation which has a disastrous consequence on the economy.
How does devaluation affects the external sector? I will pontificate later on that.
Thank you for the attention.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria's Economic Crisis May Not Affect Jonathan's Re-election. - Reuters by Nobody: 3:30pm On Dec 14, 2014
Buhari should start his 'anti-kwuorroshien' crusade with his Boss, Tinubu.

GEJ till Buhari realizes he is too old to be President. How many Presidents in the world are over 72yrs.... Mugabe...lol

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria's Economic Crisis May Not Affect Jonathan's Re-election. - Reuters by ypzilanti: 3:31pm On Dec 14, 2014
edgyslim:

Bro I had to login to tell you that was a fantastic response. I don laff so tey tears dey drop for my eyes.

Good 1 bro. Have a blessed Sunday.

grin. Have a great week ahead too.
Re: Nigeria's Economic Crisis May Not Affect Jonathan's Re-election. - Reuters by Adminisher: 3:33pm On Dec 14, 2014
Morkavictor:
That good news.GEJ till 2019

Deceiving yourself. GEJ is going in February.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria's Economic Crisis May Not Affect Jonathan's Re-election. - Reuters by motherlode: 3:39pm On Dec 14, 2014
How does the low debt that Nigeria has incurred compared to developed nations change the lives of millions of people who are struggling to earn money for a living? undecided
or do you think making lives of millions of people miserable by devaluing the naira, no reduction of pump price of petrol despite fall in the global market price will help GEJ seek re-election? You must be joking cheesy
do you think bribing Nigerians to get their votes while GEJ keep destroying Nigeria will work? You must be high on ORIJIN undecided
Bros let me tell you " oju aja n seje lowo" - the dog's eye is currently bleeding that even the owner can go for it - so don't think Nigerians will vote GEJ come 2015 or have you forgotten this quote " forward ever, backward never ". wink
Tell your fellow Tanoids and PDP that they should not waste their energy campaigning for failure because they will end up visiting the hospital more than regular when the election results are announced grin but if GEJ and PDP collaborate with INEC to rig the election undecided then there will be a revolt because nobody wants to continue with failure. grin
1 of my morning devotion prayer goes thus ---- I and my family shall never be used as a sacrifice for the goodness of anybody and Nigeria wink. Think wisely or ............................. * SMH *
Re: Nigeria's Economic Crisis May Not Affect Jonathan's Re-election. - Reuters by Aiyekooto: 3:41pm On Dec 14, 2014
"Nigeria with its low debt ratios and fairly liquid markets has more capacity than most to increase borrowing ... to see it through a short-term price shock," says Razia Khan, Standard Chartered's Head of Africa Research.[b][/b]

This western media again, they know what is coming and are scared already. They'd rather we stay in perpetual poverty due to borrowing.
Almost $100bn is low debt only when it can be proved that it is used for the advancement of the country otherwise, it is huge. The FG owed 65% of the said debt.
Shivers in their mind knowing we are close to a debt free country.
Re: Nigeria's Economic Crisis May Not Affect Jonathan's Re-election. - Reuters by viccassi(m): 3:50pm On Dec 14, 2014
I beg, how are we not sure that the excessive withdrawals of dollars by Nigerian Politicians is not what shot up the Dollars?
Re: Nigeria's Economic Crisis May Not Affect Jonathan's Re-election. - Reuters by osimataylor(m): 3:52pm On Dec 14, 2014
Different unbiased commentators have long seen GEJ victory.They include BBC WilL Cross,Christain Purefoy former BBC lagos correspondent and now Reuters one of the most authoritative papers in the world.So the propaganda by our syndicated press like Punch,Nation,Vangaurd and Newsdeck will amount to nothin .GEJ all the way.
Re: Nigeria's Economic Crisis May Not Affect Jonathan's Re-election. - Reuters by Nonybb: 3:53pm On Dec 14, 2014
GEJ TILL 2019 till Buhari is able to use his ab@ki gworo-chewing teeth and shout praise the Lord Jesus

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria's Economic Crisis May Not Affect Jonathan's Re-election. - Reuters by peter4d2(m): 3:54pm On Dec 14, 2014
When as it bcum a sin 4 pple 2 have divergent views all dis paid apc goons won't stop amazing is tinubu a saint or d two faced atiku as suddenly bcum a monk

2 me having a gud oppositn is gud 4 naija politics cos it wuld kip d sitting govt on it s toes.

Gej till apc govnors,law makers @ both state n fed level declare their assets n buhari has 2 answer 4 money spent while he was minister 4 petroleum or so not xcluding jagaban himsef.
Re: Nigeria's Economic Crisis May Not Affect Jonathan's Re-election. - Reuters by atlwireles: 3:58pm On Dec 14, 2014
Nigerians have always voted along regional and tribal lines.
Re: Nigeria's Economic Crisis May Not Affect Jonathan's Re-election. - Reuters by rhazur(m): 3:59pm On Dec 14, 2014
"In many othe democracies, such turmoil would probably propel the incumbent from office"
A word is enuf 4d wise o!!!
Re: Nigeria's Economic Crisis May Not Affect Jonathan's Re-election. - Reuters by bigbozz(m): 4:14pm On Dec 14, 2014
''for the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of GOD. 19, for it is written, i will distroy the wisdom of the wise, the intelligence of the intelligent i will frustrate. 20 where is the wise man? Where is the scholar? Where are the philosophers of this age? Has not GOD made foolish the wisdom of this world? 1chorinthians 1:18-21
Re: Nigeria's Economic Crisis May Not Affect Jonathan's Re-election. - Reuters by livinbygrace: 4:19pm On Dec 14, 2014
rozayx5:
i wonder how buhari will fight corruption with people like tinubu in his camp

Forget about who is in the camp,God can use anybody to elevate anybody.Remember OBj from prison to president.So whoever in the camp is inconsequential ,the most important thing is for him to get there .Thank you
Re: Nigeria's Economic Crisis May Not Affect Jonathan's Re-election. - Reuters by Nobody: 4:20pm On Dec 14, 2014
Personally wud av voted for apc if they presented fashola, oshio, ribadu, rochas or any young n vibrant performer! In this 21st century, Buhari is not d change I desire, this man is too old to be relevant for use in dis modern age! Africans wen will u learn?

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's Economic Crisis May Not Affect Jonathan's Re-election. - Reuters by Ahmeduana(m): 4:30pm On Dec 14, 2014
rozayx5:
NO WITH MEMBERS OF NIGERIA HOUSE OF ASSEMBLY COLLECTING 354m naira IN A YEAR.
Re: Nigeria's Economic Crisis May Not Affect Jonathan's Re-election. - Reuters by Zico5(m): 4:36pm On Dec 14, 2014
rozayx5:

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Governor Okorocha Reacts To The Protest By Pensioners / Adulteration Responsible For Fuel Scarcity – Vanguard / Osinbajo To Visit Monarch, APC Chieftains In Ogun

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.