Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,777 members, 7,813,567 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 02:09 PM

What Is Wrong With Our Police? - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / What Is Wrong With Our Police? (15001 Views)

Tijani Adewole 365880 Of CTU Owerri Zone Is Not Among Our Police Friends. / Our Police Public Nuisances / What Is Wrong With Nigerians? As Kidnapped Md Of God Is Good Motors Found Dead (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is Wrong With Our Police? by igbsam(m): 7:08pm On Dec 16, 2014
If only I can narrate my own ordeal here.

Since my experience. I hardly move around with my laptop except I'm driving.
Re: What Is Wrong With Our Police? by Onyeasi(m): 7:09pm On Dec 16, 2014
F
Re: What Is Wrong With Our Police? by Jesuspikin87(m): 7:09pm On Dec 16, 2014
This police no get chill at all! The system is so so faulty!
Re: What Is Wrong With Our Police? by Adeoba10(m): 7:09pm On Dec 16, 2014
Oloriburuku niwon..... Sametyn happened to a friend of mine, they called him, thinking they wanted to ask direction, they pushed him inside danfo bus, on getting to their station, from no where, they brought out dis bag of india hemp, accussing them of being the owner.... Some policemen are just too....
Re: What Is Wrong With Our Police? by rozayx5(m): 7:10pm On Dec 16, 2014
frustratedman:
Sai buhari

sai Terrorist
RIP in the young corpers who lost their lives as a result of his power hunger undecided
Re: What Is Wrong With Our Police? by SAMBARRY: 7:10pm On Dec 16, 2014
My dear in nigeria there's no difference between a police and criminals. They work hand in hand
some are police in the day and armed robbers at night, some rent guns to criminals, some pack innocent people who are going about their buisny en mass and label false accusations against them. My dear they are nobody's friends . They have become a social nuisance and socio paths no thanks to federal government for not paying them their salaries as at when due, recruiting unrefined illiterates and not enlightening them.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is Wrong With Our Police? by romzyxy(m): 7:12pm On Dec 16, 2014
datx police for u........misbehaving since 1960BC even with receipt or without.
Re: What Is Wrong With Our Police? by rman: 7:13pm On Dec 16, 2014
@OP

If you really want to expose them, give us details!

Your area and the police station you were detained.

A lot of important and well connected people read nairaland.

2 Likes

Re: What Is Wrong With Our Police? by Firefire(m): 7:13pm On Dec 16, 2014
OP, Please can you share the name of the police station and do you know the name(s) or tag numbers of the officers' involved?

Bad Eggs are been flushed out of the force lately.

We should not allow this to continue.

Waiting for your response.

3 Likes

Re: What Is Wrong With Our Police? by tolustx(m): 7:15pm On Dec 16, 2014
seankafor:
Wait wait wait. Is uncle seun broke? Fp wit only 3 comments
the post made fp without any comment @ all. All dos comments came afta it made fp. I believe something is wrong somewhere. And it seems Mr Seun is not responding to dissome users posts ve been autonatically and instantly making fp with or without any comments. It is more pronounced in dis two users: therealmrst.an and lalasticla.la (I intentionally put d '.' It is not in dr monickers). Mr Seun! Say somtin.

1 Like

Re: What Is Wrong With Our Police? by peculiarabacus(m): 7:15pm On Dec 16, 2014
Like I do say:::::people that are meant to protect us are terriorising us...I don't know where are their brain is....not onlt police buh all of them do that...op I think you have never encounter a soldier b4 or opmesa...buh all the same take heart bro nothing spoil...let's reshape vision 2020 so that we can be free#teamtakebackNigeria
Re: What Is Wrong With Our Police? by ceejay80s(m): 7:15pm On Dec 16, 2014
Oga i no get wahala with police,
pls change topic to "WHAT IS WRONG WITH OUR NEPA "

1 Like

Re: What Is Wrong With Our Police? by 360command: 7:17pm On Dec 16, 2014
December tinz. Aside that, I never knew they still carry people with laptop since those hay days are over.I Once remember carrying a quotation list for ceramics. Been that the price was in dollars, the police thought it was yahoo I was doing. I explained and explained that this is legitimate business belonging to my dad but they insisted and took me to station. Good thing, the station was close to the home. The constables who saw me said,"watin I dey do for here"? I said "dem carry me because I carry quotation list for ceramic product". The constables alerted the police who apprehended me that "this na Oga son, oga wey dey live next to us". That was how they left me. I thank God that it was the police station I was familiar with and not the ones I never knew. This was somewhere in 2007.

1 Like

Re: What Is Wrong With Our Police? by ProsperUSA: 7:20pm On Dec 16, 2014
Second name for Nigerian police is corruption.
Re: What Is Wrong With Our Police? by Nobody: 7:20pm On Dec 16, 2014
rozayx5:

sai Terrorist
RIP in the young corpers who lost their lives as a result of his power hunger undecided

Sai clueless otueke man

RIP to the young jobseekers who lost their life in the immigration job scam undecided

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is Wrong With Our Police? by Nobody: 7:20pm On Dec 16, 2014
People!!! who can't slap sense into the police!
Re: What Is Wrong With Our Police? by sylaz(m): 7:21pm On Dec 16, 2014
Crazy thieving sons of bvtches the whole lot of those illiterate fvcks.
Re: What Is Wrong With Our Police? by rhames(m): 7:21pm On Dec 16, 2014
wildguy:
Two days ago, on my way home from work around 9pm, I was stopped by some police men for carrying a laptop. The mistake I made was I did not have the receipt and my ID on me. They put me in a danfo bus and headed to their station. On the way they picked up anybody they saw that had a bag on them. There was even a guy that had a laptop with him with his ID card and receipt that they picked "cause he was walking around with a laptop alone". They seized all our phones till we got to the police station.

When we got to the police station they separated those of us that had laptops from those that didn't. All of us with laptops were branded yahoo boys. They told us to turn on our systems so they can analyse what was on the system. When I switched on my own they saw visual studio with codes and sql server open (I am a developer) and they concluded that that was the software that I use in scamming my clients. After punching and slapping me for not telling them the truth of how I do my operation (they opened my yahoomail account and saw nothing that suggested that I was a yahoo guy), they packed my bag with my laptop and locked me in a cell(there were about 20 guys in the cell). They allowed me to make some calls before they locked me up.

My folks later came to bail me out around 2 in the morning and can you imagine that after collecting money for bail they asked for money from me to collect my belongings that was with them (They said I had to pay for the fuel money)

I got home and I was thinking

a. Are we saying that someone with a laptop cannot work around with it, even if the person has a receipt and an ID card?
b. How many people have they kept in the cell without any just reason or just cause "they were walking alone"?
c. Is there no agency that punishes law enforcers for abusing their power?
d. What training do the officers go through for them to separate a developer, photo editor, graphics designer from a yahoo guy?
e. How do we want to develop ourselves in the field of ICT when everybody that carries a laptop is called a yahoo guy?

This is where most Nigerians got it wrong. Whenever you are in police trouble. Don't be afraid to engage a lawyer , especially a human rights lawyer in as much as you did not commit any crime. We as citizens have always been giving the Nigerian Police Force a free ride for a long time and if you do not make an example of one of them, the rest will not desist from repeating the same thing. Four crimes happened to you and you suffered it in the hands of the police who are expected to be your protection of last resort: 1. Kidnapping 2. Extortion 3.Illegal torture and 4. Denial/Abuse of your fundamental human rights. A policeman with no sufficient grounds of accusing you of a crime can be tried and sued in his own name separately from a suit you will sue the police force itself. Dont fret. Do the right thing as we are no longer under military rule. Its not too late.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is Wrong With Our Police? by DECOtech(m): 7:23pm On Dec 16, 2014
We need to set traps for these men.

To do that, there has to be an organization in the interest of such issues.

The thing is that they abuse us and we say "thank you", so, the abuses will never stop unless we fight back, not individually but as a group.

2 Likes

Re: What Is Wrong With Our Police? by Nobody: 7:23pm On Dec 16, 2014
Not that they dont know you are not a yahoo boy, they are just making that accusation just to rip you off. But make una dey try get lawyer naw. Cos if you have a lawyer, all you have to do is call him and they dare not ask for bail money. Even if its a lawyer friend, just pally with one you can call in times like this. Once they take you to station, ask them for your offense and do not be afraid.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is Wrong With Our Police? by 360command: 7:25pm On Dec 16, 2014
igbsam:
If only I can narrate my own ordeal here.

Since my experience. I hardly move.around with my laptop except I'm driving.
speak your mind.
Re: What Is Wrong With Our Police? by Nobody: 7:26pm On Dec 16, 2014
wildguy:
Two days ago, on my way home from work around 9pm, I was stopped by some police men for carrying a laptop. The mistake I made was I did not have the receipt and my ID on me. They put me in a danfo bus and headed to their station. On the way they picked up anybody they saw that had a bag on them. There was even a guy that had a laptop with him with his ID card and receipt that they picked "cause he was walking around with a laptop alone". They seized all our phones till we got to the police station.

When we got to the police station they separated those of us that had laptops from those that didn't. All of us with laptops were branded yahoo boys. They told us to turn on our systems so they can analyse what was on the system. When I switched on my own they saw visual studio with codes and sql server open (I am a developer) and they concluded that that was the software that I use in scamming my clients. After punching and slapping me for not telling them the truth of how I do my operation (they opened my yahoomail account and saw nothing that suggested that I was a yahoo guy), they packed my bag with my laptop and locked me in a cell(there were about 20 guys in the cell). They allowed me to make some calls before they locked me up.

My folks later came to bail me out around 2 in the morning and can you imagine that after collecting money for bail they asked for money from me to collect my belongings that was with them (They said I had to pay for the fuel money)

What's your location?
Re: What Is Wrong With Our Police? by Funjosh(m): 7:27pm On Dec 16, 2014
Oga them no dey wear uniform o. How u wan take know dia name and tag

Firefire:
OP, Please can you share the name of the police station and do you know the name(s) or tag numbers of the officers' involved?

Bad Eggs are been flushed out of the force lately.

We should not allow this to continue.

Waiting for your response.

Re: What Is Wrong With Our Police? by Nobody: 7:27pm On Dec 16, 2014
wildguy:

a. Are we saying that someone with a laptop cannot work around with it, even if the person has a receipt and an ID card?
b. How many people have they kept in the cell without any just reason or just cause "they were walking alone"?
d. What training do the officers go through for them to separate a developer, photo editor, graphics designer from a yahoo guy?
e. How do we want to develop ourselves in the field of ICT when everybody that carries a laptop is called a yahoo guy?

just stop blaming the police force and blame your self. In developed countries stuffs like this happen, but its the right of the victim (which in this case is you) to file in a complaint and a lawsuit against the police department. But no we don't want lawyers to get rich off our sweat, we will rather come to nairaland and complain. Look up most cases in advance countries, you will see it is the victim that always sue the police force for millions of dollars.
My advice for you is to get an attorney and sue the police department, and i promise you the case will be settled either in court or outside court.

1 Like

Re: What Is Wrong With Our Police? by Anthrophile(m): 7:28pm On Dec 16, 2014
Predators prowl around at night so discreet fellas stay off the street. Their mission was to exploit as many victims as possible, not forgetting the fact that they must have ingested hard substances before launching out. You are lucky to be alive or not framed up. Some were not so lucky.
Re: What Is Wrong With Our Police? by Nobody: 7:29pm On Dec 16, 2014
wildguy:

What do u want us to do
U didnt even get their names or memorize their number.

1 Like

Re: What Is Wrong With Our Police? by Funjosh(m): 7:29pm On Dec 16, 2014
They are just bunch of animals. I had a simila experience with also. What i realy dont understand is the beating aspect you can read my ordeal here www.nairaland.com/1914898/horible-experience-hand-nigerian-police
Re: What Is Wrong With Our Police? by akoaki(m): 7:29pm On Dec 16, 2014
Nigeria police has never been a friend of the people even though they always claim that " police is your friend ". They only pretend to be your friend when you pay for service not rendered. It is even going to get worse now as the federal government has mandated them to increase their internally generated revenue.What a country called Nigeria.
Re: What Is Wrong With Our Police? by Nobody: 7:31pm On Dec 16, 2014
peculiarabacus:
Like I do say:::::people that are meant to protect us are terriorising us...I don't know where are their brain is....not onlt police buh all of them do that...op I think you have never encounter a soldier b4 or opmesa...buh all the same take heart bro nothing spoil...let's reshape vision 2020 so that we can be free#teamtakebackNigeria

what happen to getting a lawyer? nigerians are just too greedy
Re: What Is Wrong With Our Police? by gbaskiboy: 7:33pm On Dec 16, 2014
Blackbody20:
That's Naija police for you...You should be thankful u have people who can afford to bail you. All this impunity will stop by 2015 when that Otuoke man goes back to his zoo.
u mean GEJ is an otuoke man, walai he needs to go back to zoo

1 Like

Re: What Is Wrong With Our Police? by delors(m): 7:35pm On Dec 16, 2014
My experience in 2008:
So I just withdrew 80k from Diamond bank to complete my air ticket payment to SA. I was on the bike along opebi going to Bellview airline, then these policemen stopped me and asked the bike guy to go.
'Wetin you carry? What's in the bag? I said it's money and books.
"How much is there? Bring it out"I said 80k, showed them the receipt which was just about 10mins old.
You are a criminal, why do u have this big money? In fact o ya enter the bus (they had a danfo waiting by). I protested a bit but they were like 5 with one artificial yellow pawpaw ibo woman. See slaps. See pushing. See oppression. Being an acute aluta material back then at school, I held onto one of them tight, like a deathly hug. My bag was clutched to my body. Ain't no bagger taking my money.
They pushed me into the bus, locked the door and zoomed off to area F. My.forehwad was already blood stained, shirt torn, everything scatter but my bag was still tightly clutched.
They dragged me to their counter with more slaps but I wasn't begging, I was just holding their hands n tightly hugging anyone I saw wanted to punch. If not for the uniforms, I swear I for break their scrotum, it was that easy.
Write statement I no gree, surrender ur bag, for where. I sat there till like 9pm when their oga (dpo I guess) came on duty and I told him what happened. Showed him my student ID, bank receipt, etc he saw I was badly hurt in terms of what happened.
Then I wrote my statement there in his office. He read it the first time, gave me another sheet to rewrite but remove some expressions.
Later he let me go. Guess what, the ibo woman had changed to mufty and was ready to go home. All through that Area F road to the adjoining road, I was shouting Ashewo on her, calling her ole and all manners of names plus curses upon her n her children. I was that frustrated.
Those animals are criminals in uniforms.

5 Likes

Re: What Is Wrong With Our Police? by lekkie073(m): 7:49pm On Dec 16, 2014
onyeguy:
Hmm. My broda. Not only you because even my self have experience such of stupid act from so call police men in Lagos

Fist day I arrived at Lagos , have pick a taxi drop from international airport to my hotel logd in fastack , when I reach at apple junction then the story was totally changed, after all set and done I have to bail my self with 50k. because i was carrying 2 laptop, 70 prices of gorge , with 20 pics of bold 5 bb, also with 2 Samsung galaxy phone, and 2 iPhone , including my personal belongins undecided undecided
this ur composition na die o.....
Na from cape verde u been dey come

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Police Nab 8 Suspects With 11 Human Skulls In Kwara / Teenager Commits Suicide Over Missing Money / Pastor Arraigned For Defrauding Church Members In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.