Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,321 members, 7,811,951 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:09 AM

Shippyme : Worst Shipment Company Ever! - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Shippyme : Worst Shipment Company Ever! (1095 Views)

Shippyme Customer Care Thread On Nairaland / UPDATED - [Shippyme.com Is A Nightmare Waiting To Happen To You.] / Review On Www.shippyme.com (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Shippyme : Worst Shipment Company Ever! by Nobody: 8:07am On Dec 15, 2014
EDIT: Finally got my packages on the 12th of January. It took a long time and so many complaints but I was told there was an embargo at the customs point.

Dear Nigerians,

Please avoid using Shippyme (owned by Circuit Atlantic) as they will eventually frustrate you till you regret ever using their service.

My Story:
Prior to this time, I had always thought shippyme was a reliable shipping company, not knowing that their fancy website and all the information given there was just to attract people they have no real intention of serving well.

I made a booking with Shippyme for the shipment of the stuffs I bought on Amazon with a GTB Mastercard. For almost 2 months now, it's been one story or the other about why they've been making mistakes and how they can't ship. And when they do update, it's something that doesn't make sense, like telling me it has been assigned for shipment, delivering to shipper for assessment. . . I mean, they're just playing games. . .

I made a payment of N12,500 for an order of N12,479 just to avoid troubles, by the time I made the payment, their website refused to respond to the payment update in time. And when they updated my payment information, I was still being asked to make another payment of N600+. . . Although I will never make another payment, God forbid!

Turns out I'm not the only one dissatisfied with their service. There are bad reviews all over the internet about their irresponsible service, both here on Nairaland and other websites.

Imagine spending over a month waiting for an order that's supposed to take 5-7 working days.

I will contact the EFCC and OPD to have this jokers shut down for good. It's been hell using them and I know that no business can survive with such mediocre service!
Till now, I still don't know the whereabouts of my package.

Use SHIPPYME at YOUR OWN RISK!
Re: Shippyme : Worst Shipment Company Ever! by Psalmpy(m): 8:27am On Dec 15, 2014
Never used shippyme b4 anyways
Re: Shippyme : Worst Shipment Company Ever! by Gentlepapi(m): 8:33am On Dec 15, 2014
facing same prob bt wif anoda company bought an iphone delivered to d company over a month yet no response
Re: Shippyme : Worst Shipment Company Ever! by ammyluv2002(f): 8:39am On Dec 15, 2014
Most of all these shipment companies are not reliable.
Re: Shippyme : Worst Shipment Company Ever! by donkripton(m): 10:44am On Dec 15, 2014
its a LIE
Re: Shippyme : Worst Shipment Company Ever! by Catlanta: 11:43am On Dec 15, 2014
If you are having issues understanding the updates on your booking you can call in to our customer care lines to get an explanation. Assigned to Batch, means it has been assigned to a batch (with other packages) scheduled to leave our US warehouse. Delivered to Carrier means the batch has been handed over to the Carrier who will bring it into the country via your chosen delivery method. The next update would be Departed/Clearing Customs. You can tell the exact location of your package at all points in time by following these updates. The recent shutdown at customs is the main reason you would have experienced delays this time around, an email alerting customers of this fact was sent out when the shutdown began. Finally, It always helps to provide a booking number so as to validate your claim and have someone assist you with whatever issues you may be having with your booking. As it is, with a booking number we can provide an ETA for delivery of the package.
nairalandist:
Dear Nigerians,

Please avoid using Shippyme (owned by Circuit Atlantic) as they will eventually frustrate you till you regret ever using their service.

My Story:
Prior to this time, I had always thought shippyme was a reliable shipping company, not knowing that their fancy website and all the information given there was just to attract people they have no real intention of serving well.

I made a booking with Shippyme for the shipment of the stuffs I bought on Amazon with a GTB Mastercard. For almost 2 months now, it's been one story or the other about why they've been making mistakes and how they can't ship. And when they do update, it's something that doesn't make sense, like telling me it has been assigned for shipment, delivering to shipper for assessment. . . I mean, they're just playing games. . .

I made a payment of N12,500 for an order of N12,479 just to avoid troubles, by the time I made the payment, their website refused to respond to the payment update in time. And when they updated my payment information, I was still being asked to make another payment of N600+. . . Although I will never make another payment, God forbid!

Turns out I'm not the only one dissatisfied with their service. There are bad reviews all over the internet about their irresponsible service, both here on Nairaland and other websites.

Imagine spending over a month waiting for an order that's supposed to take 5-7 working days.

I will contact the EFCC and OPC to have this jokers shut down for good. It's been hell using them and I know that no business can survive with such mediocre service!
Till now, I still don't know the whereabouts of my package.

Use SHIPPYME at YOUR OWN RISK!
Re: Shippyme : Worst Shipment Company Ever! by Nobody: 5:44am On Dec 16, 2014
Catlanta:
If you are having issues understanding the updates on your booking you can call in to our customer care lines to get an explanation. Assigned to Batch, means it has been assigned to a batch (with other packages) scheduled to leave our US warehouse. Delivered to Carrier means the batch has been handed over to the Carrier who will bring it into the country via your chosen delivery method. The next update would be Departed/Clearing Customs. You can tell the exact location of your package at all points in time by following these updates. The recent shutdown at customs is the main reason you would have experienced delays this time around, an email alerting customers of this fact was sent out when the shutdown began. Finally, It always helps to provide a booking number so as to validate your claim and have someone assist you with whatever issues you may be having with your booking. As it is, with a booking number we can provide an ETA for delivery of the package.

Please shut up and stop dodging your faults, your service is nonsense and you know it. . . Don't give me the 'understanding' crap.

I had to keep reminding your staff to update the content of my booking when they kept making mistakes. I had to argue over and over again for up to 2 weeks before it was done and when it was done, you guys billed me for consolidation. You guys have all the grammar in the world to snatch people's money but for you to deliver on time is a big problem.

Look at yourselves man, how come all of your customers are complaining? Instead of you to find a solution to the problem your company is having, you come here and start defending yourself. . . I just wanna collect my order and close the chapter with you guys for life.
Your service is the worst!

If I don't get my booking S1411137348 this year, I'm suing you guys to court. I've already sent an email to the EFCC to investigate your continual rip offs and bad service. Next thing you'll see from me is a letter from my lawyer.
I bought books to use as a teacher, one of my candidates had to fight me when she didn't get her learning materials on time and I'm not going to experience that nonsense without giving you guys a dosage of it.

You guys have been doing it to others for long, mine will be the last, I promise.
Re: Shippyme : Worst Shipment Company Ever! by Nobody: 1:13pm On Dec 16, 2014
See another rep from shippyme. Use your brain dude. Thats not how a good rep should act. Where did u get your customer care skills from? its a LIE indeed. Dont you have round table discussion on how to satisfy customers? Its time u got it right cos i can assure you, if you don't, you will run out of biz and be jobless
donkripton:
its a LIE
Re: Shippyme : Worst Shipment Company Ever! by Nobody: 9:43pm On Dec 16, 2014
deyinkadeji:
See another rep from shippyme. Use your brain dude. Thats not how a good rep should act. Where did u get your customer care skills from? its a LIE indeed. Dont you have round table discussion on how to satisfy customers? Its time u got it right cos i can assure you, if you don't, you will run out of biz and be jobless

Thank God for people like you bro. . . That's how they brainwash people here on nairaland and when you patronize them, they make you regret. Typical shippyme staff reply there. . . Thanks for pointing it out!
Re: Shippyme : Worst Shipment Company Ever! by shaiguy(m): 10:21am On Dec 17, 2014
Been using these guys for a long, long time now and still yet to get any issues. Shipped lots of stuff via them multiple times over the last 18 months or so and not one single issue.
As we speak, my next batch of items ( 17 in total have all arrived their location and I can see them on their portal) has just been assigned to a batch and should get to me soon.
I think ShippyMe needs to however invest in a proper support system that follows up with users having issues with them, the important thing is follow up. Even when I send emails when I am not clear about something, I usually don't get a response. You can't sustain a business this way, you need to follow up with clients that have issues with your service.
Like I said, I personally have no issue with them, my goods always arrive on time and intact but they can improve on their communication - GBAM

S1412026863
Re: Shippyme : Worst Shipment Company Ever! by shaiguy(m): 10:42am On Dec 17, 2014
This just came in too - Not a fault of ShippyMe :-(

Good morning

We wish to inform you that due to the sheer scale of the backlog of uncleared consignments at the cargo-handling facilities of the Nigerian Customs Authority, Cargo Carriers have placed an embargo on flights coming in from the US to Nigeria.

This is to enable customs clearing processes to catch up with the backlog before new consignments arrive.

As a result of this, incoming flights from the US will be halted until the backlog has been cleared. This will also enable consignments that have arrived to be cleared more quickly. As soon as the backlog has been cleared the Airlines will lift the embargo and resume normal flight operations.

We thank you for your patience and understanding as we work to ensure that your packages are delivered to you in the shortest possible time.

Thank you for using Shippyme.
Re: Shippyme : Worst Shipment Company Ever! by Catlanta: 9:50am On Dec 18, 2014
The shutdown and backlog at customs has been covered already. It is not a new story nor are we the only ones experiencing this. We have received several consignments already and are receiving more but the process has been severely hampered. Thanks for the booking number, we should be able to have issues sorted out shortly.
nairalandist:

Please shut up and stop dodging your faults, your service is nonsense and you know it. . . Don't give me the 'understanding' crap.

I had to keep reminding your staff to update the content of my booking when they kept making mistakes. I had to argue over and over again for up to 2 weeks before it was done and when it was done, you guys billed me for consolidation. You guys have all the grammar in the world to snatch people's money but for you to deliver on time is a big problem.

Look at yourselves man, how come all of your customers are complaining? Instead of you to find a solution to the problem your company is having, you come here and start defending yourself. . . I just wanna collect my order and close the chapter with you guys for life.

If I don't get my booking S1411137348 this year, I'm suing you guys to court. I've already sent an email to the EFCC to investigate your continual rip offs and bad service. Next thing you'll see from me is a letter from my lawyer.
I bought books to use as a teacher, one of my candidates had to fight me when she didn't get her learning materials on time and I'm not going to experience that nonsense without giving you guys a dosage of it.

You guys have been doing it to others for long, mine will be the last, I promise.
Re: Shippyme : Worst Shipment Company Ever! by Catlanta: 9:51am On Dec 18, 2014
Good day, only the irohadis and catlanta accounts on nairaland represent Shippyme and Circuit Atlantic on nairaland.
deyinkadeji:
Re: Shippyme : Worst Shipment Company Ever! by Nobody: 10:50am On Dec 18, 2014
Catlanta:
The shutdown and backlog at customs has been covered already. It is not a new story nor are we the only ones experiencing this. We have received several consignments already and are receiving more but the process has been severely hampered. Thanks for the booking number, we should be able to have issues sorted out shortly.

Let's just wait and see. . . I have my own plans.
Re: Shippyme : Worst Shipment Company Ever! by Papertrail11(m): 1:13pm On Dec 18, 2014
nairalandist:

A sensible Nigerian I will very much appreciate you sue this guys to court they are not serious I hav had ptoblem wif dem this yr.

involve the efcc and all keep them kn dier toes so they know wat dey are doin.

If yu are a nairalander never use shippyme again else yu wanna do wat dey call sara

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Shippyme : Worst Shipment Company Ever! by Nobody: 1:25pm On Dec 18, 2014
Catlanta:

This is actually true. Those who have shipments affected by the Nahco crisis should exercise a little bit of patience. At least the company is now showing some effort to respond to issues. In Nigeria customers always try to seek who to blame rather than acknowledge the main issues.

That said, I believe Aneale Iroha would have learnt a lot from this experience and accepted that logistics is a tough business. There is no excuse for transferring the pressures and frustrations of your type of business to customers given the way he resorted to name calling earlier.

By being so rude, the owner only succeeded in smearing his company name as reported in several Nigerian newspapers after being raided some weeks ago by CRD for running an illegal business. You could have avoided all this by compromising with the young man who lost N300k worth of goods. Crisis management is key in every business especially when dealing with extremely difficult customers like Nigerians.
Re: Shippyme : Worst Shipment Company Ever! by Nobody: 5:20am On Dec 20, 2014
Below is a copy of the letter I sent to the EFCC. I will keep updating this thread so you guys can know the evil behind Shippyme. God knows I've done my best to be patient.

My Email:

Dear Sir/Ma,
I hereby lay a formal complaint about the shipping company called Shippyme (owned by Circuit Atlantic Ltd).

My Story: On the 5th of November 2014, I opened an account with Shippyme.com (Nigeria) for the shipment of the items I bought onAmazon.com (USA) with a GTB Mastercard. For almost 2 months now, it's been one story or the other about why they can't ship. And when they do update me, it's something that doesn't make sense, like telling me it has been assigned for shipment, delivering to shipper for
assessment. . .
I made a payment of N12,500 for a shipment fee of N12,479 just to avoid troubles, by the time I made the payment, their website refused to respond to the payment update in time. And when they updated my payment information, I was still being asked to make another payment. . . I believe it's an attempt to delay shipments while telling people
to pay more while shipment is in transit. They refuse to update people's payment on their website and then keep increasing their fees and the customer has to bear all the losses.

Turns out I'm not the only one dissatisfied with their service.
There are bad reviews all over the internet about their irresponsible service. I've spent over a month waiting for an order that's supposed to take 5-7 working days.
I hereby implore the EFCC to come to my aid and bring this scam company to justice.

Sincerely

EFCC's Response:

Thank you for contacting the EFCC. Your email will be reviewed and responded to as soon as possible. . .(info@efccnigeria.org) e-mail immediately. . .
Re: Shippyme : Worst Shipment Company Ever! by Nobody: 5:22am On Dec 20, 2014
If I don't get my order from shippyme /circuit tlantic/ catlantic this year, I'm heading to the OPD in January 2015. They have to be made to pay for this madness in the court of law.

By the time you get invited to court by the Office of the Public Defender of the Lagos State Ministry of Justice, you'll learn to take your job more seriously and not toy with customers who sweat before they make money to pay for your service.

(1) (Reply)

Aliexpress Product Price / Which Is The Best : Me*rrybet Vs Na*irabet Vs Be*t9ja Affiliate Program / Mtn Is Looking For Ict Distributors

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.