Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,984 members, 7,828,485 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 10:24 AM

How Much Does It Cost To Carry Out A Divorce Proceeding? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Much Does It Cost To Carry Out A Divorce Proceeding? (2221 Views)

"My Husband Uses ‘Aboniki’ Balm As Lubricant" – Woman Files For Divorce / 'return Me To My Former Shape Before A Divorce' - Wife Tells Husband / He Reveals His True Identity And Wants A Divorce (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Much Does It Cost To Carry Out A Divorce Proceeding? by Godmother(f): 6:18pm On Dec 15, 2014
A friend of mine want to get a divorce and is seeking for a divorce. I wanna know how much it would cost to carry out a divorce proceeding. Its really urgent. Pls need help.
Re: How Much Does It Cost To Carry Out A Divorce Proceeding? by lasneaker: 6:23pm On Dec 15, 2014
is more expensive than reconciliation

1 Like

Re: How Much Does It Cost To Carry Out A Divorce Proceeding? by Godmother(f): 6:33pm On Dec 15, 2014
lasneaker:
is more expensive than reconciliation

Na wa o. Do you have a price range?
Re: How Much Does It Cost To Carry Out A Divorce Proceeding? by cococandy(f): 6:41pm On Dec 15, 2014
Where does the person live? That will determine the cost. Divorce lawyers like money
Re: How Much Does It Cost To Carry Out A Divorce Proceeding? by Mamaflex(f): 6:45pm On Dec 15, 2014
Is the friend of yours a man or a woman?
Re: How Much Does It Cost To Carry Out A Divorce Proceeding? by mutter(f): 6:46pm On Dec 15, 2014
Depends on certain factors-
-where you live
- are children involved
- the property and valuables in the marriage.
The more property in dispute the higher the fees.
Re: How Much Does It Cost To Carry Out A Divorce Proceeding? by Nobody: 6:49pm On Dec 15, 2014
If it's an uncontested divorce and doesn't involve minor children, it won't cost much.....
Re: How Much Does It Cost To Carry Out A Divorce Proceeding? by Nobody: 6:53pm On Dec 15, 2014
Consult a divorce lawyer. To save time and money try and settle outside the court.
Re: How Much Does It Cost To Carry Out A Divorce Proceeding? by fr3do(m): 7:16pm On Dec 15, 2014
Tell your friend, divorces are unafrican.
Re: How Much Does It Cost To Carry Out A Divorce Proceeding? by KanwuliaJara: 7:27pm On Dec 15, 2014
Depends on where you live.
Depends on if children are involved.
Depends on how much assets you have as a couple.

Depends on if you choose to use attorneys or file by yourself. kiss
Re: How Much Does It Cost To Carry Out A Divorce Proceeding? by Godmother(f): 7:28pm On Dec 15, 2014
My friend is a female and stays in Iyana Ipaja. There are two kids involved. She met with a lawyer who gave her a ridiculously high price and she's looking for an alternative
Re: How Much Does It Cost To Carry Out A Divorce Proceeding? by cbrass(m): 7:29pm On Dec 15, 2014
Godmother:
A friend of mine want to get a divorce and is seeking for a divorce. I wanna know how much it would cost to carry out a divorce proceeding. Its really urgent. Pls need help.

Like seriously And you want to be part of it sad have you forgotten what the pastor said the day they were joined together undecided
Re: How Much Does It Cost To Carry Out A Divorce Proceeding? by SAMBARRY: 7:39pm On Dec 15, 2014
I don't know but I hear it's quite expensive. It becomes very difficult when kids are involved and worse when the kids are grown ups.a friend of mine spent about 500k for it however it was easy for her because there were no kids involved and she had her parents support for it.was also determined. So put all that into consideration
Re: How Much Does It Cost To Carry Out A Divorce Proceeding? by SAMBARRY: 7:47pm On Dec 15, 2014
Godmother:
My friend is a female and stays in Iyana Ipaja. There are two kids involved. She met with a lawyer who gave her a ridiculously high price and she's looking for an alternative
this is between the devil and the deep blue sea. If she can afford the price of the divorce issshh and going to court regularly for one thing or the other then fine and if she can't she should frustrate the man so bad and do everything he hates so he will be the one to say I'm tired of you. Please go

number 3 option is if she thinks the man is still worth it and she still wants her kids to have a father then she can work it out
choose whichever you think you want. Lobatan
Re: How Much Does It Cost To Carry Out A Divorce Proceeding? by Godmother(f): 9:21pm On Dec 15, 2014
SAMBARRY:
this is between the devil and the deep blue sea. If she can afford the price of the divorce issshh and going to court regularly for one thing or the other then fine and if she can't she should frustrate the man so bad and do everything he hates so he will be the one to say I'm tired of you. Please go

number 3 option is if she thinks the man is still worth it and she still wants her kids to have a father then she can work it out
choose whichever you think you want. Lobatan

Everyone wants her out cos the man has become violent;beats her a lot and is also diabolical. For her safety and sanity we want her away from him. But nobody wants her farther away from the man than herself. She calls him a demon and wants nothing to do with him again.
Re: How Much Does It Cost To Carry Out A Divorce Proceeding? by SAMBARRY: 9:34pm On Dec 15, 2014
Godmother:

Everyone wants her out cos the man has become violent;beats her a lot and is also diabolical. For her safety and sanity we want her away from him. But nobody wants her farther away from the man than herself. She calls him a demon and wants nothing to do with him again.
then let her do the needful but wait first even if she didn't know he was violent before marriage does it mean she didn't know he was diabolical to. Like she didn't know all these?

1 Like

Re: How Much Does It Cost To Carry Out A Divorce Proceeding? by cbrass(m): 10:05pm On Dec 15, 2014
Godmother:

Take it to the lord in prayer rather than a lord in the courthouse embarassed

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Much Does It Cost To Carry Out A Divorce Proceeding? by Nobody: 12:31am On Dec 16, 2014
She should just carry her bag and scram, then come back for divorce when she is ready for it at any price.

(1) (Reply)

How Do You Feel Being An Only Son/daughter? / The Stress Of Following Your Nigerian Mother To The Market - Kinginvahala / My Uncle Unknowingly Said He Has A Hand In My Father's Death

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.