Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,773 members, 7,817,160 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:26 AM

Serie A, Premiership, La Liga Or Bundesliga? - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Serie A, Premiership, La Liga Or Bundesliga? (9473 Views)

Poll: Which professional league below would you pick?

Italian Serie A: 11% (7 votes)
English Premiership: 61% (38 votes)
Spanish La Liga: 25% (16 votes)
German Bundesliga: 1% (1 vote)
This poll has ended

Official Italian Serie A Fans Thread / French Ligue 1, Spanish La Liga, Italian Serie A, Dutch Eredivisi And Bundesliga / FG Bans DSTV From Airing English Premiership (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Serie A, Premiership, La Liga Or Bundesliga? by mochafella(m): 10:29pm On Aug 18, 2006
hustler:

@ mocha
what r u implyin??

It means each league can be seen as superior based on the prism thru which you view it and that any measurement is quite subjective.

Granted La Liga and Serie A produce more European champions but how do you argue with the viewership numbers and filled stadiums of EPL despite the high prices. My take is the purist will prefer La Liga and Serie A while the casual fan will prefer the EPL. Lets not forget the Bundesliga, who also have very high stadium attendance rates even if TV coverage is not that wide. Also in terms of financial stability the Bundesliga clubs are probably better placed than the La Liga, Serie A and EPL clubs.
Re: Serie A, Premiership, La Liga Or Bundesliga? by Jackal(m): 11:08pm On Aug 18, 2006
@ Mochafella,
I disagree with u.
The EPL will generate revenues close to 2 billion pounds this season as projected by finanacial analysts especially with Arsenal's new stadium and OT's extensions.
The La liga is second to the EPL and EPL is 40% better in finances and revenues generated.
Overall package of any football league in the world belongs to the Premiership.
The premiership's revenue can buy most clubs in Spain and Italy with few thousands of pounds to grow a decent pitch. grin
End of discussion.

@ sage,
U r sick for thinking i aint objective.
To even think u mis-informed the public in ur last comment has failed u as a soccer buff.
United were champions in 1999 and Liverpool won in 2005.
U must understand the EPL was formed due to the marked low point of the 80s in English football.
Stadiums were crumbling, supporters were faced with poor facilities, hooliganism was on the rise and English clubs were banned from European competitons because of the events at Heysel in the mid-80s.
As a result of this, many british players moved abroad.

However, by the turn of the 90's, luck smiled on England when they reached the S/finals of the world cup in Italy and UEFA lifted the ban on English clubs and most stadia in England were upgraded expensively to the best standards.
Television money rose to 44 million pounds in 1988 from the initial 6 million pound deal in 4 years.
Stadiums improved and match attendances and revenue rose and the country's elite clubs decided to form their own league to capitalise on the sudden influx of money being pumped into sports.

In 1991, a proposal to form a new league that wld bring massive funds into the game was submitted and that was how the Premiership was formed.
It was basically designed to be independent from the football association and the football league in terms of broadcasting and sponsorship deals.
In this way, the league attracted talents all over the world and has generated massive sponsorship deals, stupendous attendances and enormous tv rights to be the best sporting league in Europe in terms of stabilty, finances and transparency.
Re: Serie A, Premiership, La Liga Or Bundesliga? by hustler(m): 11:20pm On Aug 18, 2006
ok then i agree with u based on that.but on the aspect of financial stability i think i'd give it to EPL clubs ,

what with all these take overs right and left, imagine pompey now becoming a big spender in the market too, it's still not trans forming to exciting football tho.

dont forget dortmund are still in a lot of debt,

but i maintain that on the aspect of quality of play which is the main thing ppl look out for and not just noise ,   EPL still lags way behind.
Re: Serie A, Premiership, La Liga Or Bundesliga? by Omolulu(m): 10:17pm On Aug 24, 2006
It's really a big shame that some so called watchers of football can wake up in the morning and think that the premiership is one of the worst in Europe.Although i do not deny the fact that the premiership has it's flaws,I would argue even with the most Myopic of Serie A and La liga lovers that the premiership has the pace,excitement and attractiveness which makes it the most watched football league in the world.
     Thank God for Memory,When did they start showing live coverage of every La liga Match in Nigeria.80%of you Hypocrites who claim to be La liga lovers can't even mention all the terms that play in the La liga.this also applies to the serie a lovers(why do we like hypocrisy more than heaven).
        I agree the two leagues are amongst the best in Europe-La liga for it's entertaining attacking style of play and the serie a for it's concentration on rock solid defence(this was evident in the world cup).But in the interest of rationale let us be fair in our evaluation of the premiership rather than be blinded by Partial illiteracy.
    grin wink
Re: Serie A, Premiership, La Liga Or Bundesliga? by sil(m): 12:15pm On Aug 26, 2006
sage:

@ topic

U guys don't need to argue with people that are not objective esp Jackal

He argues blindly.

A league that b/w 1990 and 2005 produced only 1 champions league finalist while the Italian league produced 11 and spain 7 is not worth mentioning
Re: Serie A, Premiership, La Liga Or Bundesliga? by chidichris(m): 11:36am On Sep 02, 2006
German league aside, spanish and italian leagues were good then because it was in those two leagues that individual billionaires invest money.
as you can see the player wants where the get enough rewards for moving the leather and the fans wants where they will watch the stars move the leather.
i bet you, with individual ownership expansion in EPL, might thing continue in this terain, EPL will have all the best players in the world come 2008 and the league is good will be a function of quality players and quality players is a function of money.
Re: Serie A, Premiership, La Liga Or Bundesliga? by Meedu(m): 6:05pm On Mar 19, 2007
now, judging by the present performance of the clubs that hav made it so far to the quarter finals of this seasons CL. who would u vote for ? the EPL i bet. they re the most outstanding every season. smiley
Re: Serie A, Premiership, La Liga Or Bundesliga? by vicishow(m): 5:56am On Jun 08, 2009
Why waste ur football knowledge when you can actually make a lot of money with it? Are u willing 2 be part the winning team? Hurry up and book ur space and u'll be glad u did, [color=#990000][/color][center][/center][b][/b]
Re: Serie A, Premiership, La Liga Or Bundesliga? by mystikal(m): 5:29pm On Aug 22, 2009
Premiership rocks big time!
Re: Serie A, Premiership, La Liga Or Bundesliga? by chic2pimp(m): 8:20pm On Sep 21, 2009
Jackal:

@ sage,
U r sick for thinking i aint objective.
To even think u mis-informed the public in your last comment has failed u as a soccer buff.
United were champions in 1999 and Liverpool won in 2005.
U must understand the EPL was formed due to the marked low point of the 80s in English football.
Stadiums were crumbling, supporters were faced with poor facilities, hooliganism was on the rise and English clubs were banned from European competitons because of the events at Heysel in the mid-80s.
As a result of this, many british players moved abroad.

However, by the turn of the 90's, luck smiled on England when they reached the S/finals of the world cup in Italy and UEFA lifted the ban on English clubs and most stadia in England were upgraded expensively to the best standards.
Television money rose to 44 million pounds in 1988 from the initial 6 million pound deal in 4 years.
Stadiums improved and match attendances and revenue rose and the country's elite clubs decided to form their own league to capitalise on the sudden influx of money being pumped into sports.

In 1991, a proposal to form a new league that wld bring massive funds into the game was submitted and that was how the Premiership was formed.
It was basically designed to be independent from the football association and the football league in terms of broadcasting and sponsorship deals.
In this way, the league attracted talents all over the world and has generated massive sponsorship deals, stupendous attendances and enormous tv rights to be the best sporting league in Europe in terms of stabilty, finances and transparency.
Nice one mate. Copy and paste wink. This post was definitely taken from wikipedia.
Re: Serie A, Premiership, La Liga Or Bundesliga? by chic2pimp(m): 8:56pm On Sep 21, 2009
Premier League - Most Entertaining

La Liga - Most Skilful

Serie A - Tactical Awareness

During the nineties,the premiership was way behind both leagues but since the turn of the century,the premier league has definitely caught up with this leagues.

One thing that hasn't changed is the premier league's preference for bigger,more robust players.
Re: Serie A, Premiership, La Liga Or Bundesliga? by hustler(m): 7:22pm On Sep 23, 2009
@chic 2 love-vendor

I hope you have been watching la liga this season, I know it's still too early but please i havent seen any games yet. Pls could you tell me wat Ibra's stats are already looking Like??

I heard 4 games,4 goals,2 assists. Pls confirm

Thank you.
Re: Serie A, Premiership, La Liga Or Bundesliga? by chic2pimp(m): 1:51pm On Sep 25, 2009
^^^^ I never said Ibra was not a great player.

If my memory serves me right,my words were that he is OVERRATED and also a BIG GAME BOTTLER. I still stand by what I said until he proves otherwise.

His record in the champions league for the so called 'Best Striker In Europe' is nothing short of abysmal.

I'll repeat it for you just in case you haven't noticed. NO GOALS SCORED IN THE KNOCKOUT STAGES shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked. If that streak continues while he is playing in this multitalented Barca team,then. . . . . . . . . . .  grin
Re: Serie A, Premiership, La Liga Or Bundesliga? by Krayola(m): 4:44pm On Sep 25, 2009
[size=13pt]La Liga could be played at noon[/size]

Francisco Roca, the Director General of the Liga de Futbol Professional, better known as La Liga, has said that a shift in match timings is being contemplated. The reasoning behind this is to capture the huge Asian television audience, as the current matches are played in the middle of the night, due to the time difference. If the games are played in the early afternoon in Spain, it would fit with prime time viewing in Asia (20.00 – 22.00 Hours). He also said that the shift could be applied as early as “this year”.

Roca was speaking at a meeting on the future and promotion of Spanish football in the Chinese city of Canton. The proposed shift in timings, could help the target audience of La Liga to swell by 1.8 billion.

The English Premier League has been catering to the Asian market for years by scheduling games at Asian prime time, leading to huge fan bases for many English clubs in Asia. The Spanish giants, Real Madrid and FC Barcelona are well known in China but lag behind English clubs in terms of popularity.

The option of playing official games in Asian countries was also mooted, but the travelling over long distances in an already cramped schedule raised clouds of doubts over the feasibility of the proposal.

Interestingly, the Spanish league is not being telecast this year in India which has a population in excess of 1 billion people. The late timings of La Liga games in India was cited as one of the reasons by the broadcasters for low viewership, making the La Liga telecast rights an unattractive business proposition for them.

----------------------------------------------------------

Sounds like a good idea. I think people will rather watch Espanyol vs Atletico than Fulham vs Blackburn
Re: Serie A, Premiership, La Liga Or Bundesliga? by lifeisfun1: 1:40pm On Jan 26, 2011
Jackal
England is over-rated and blah blah and La Liga is the best but how many times has Spain won the world cup? Nil.

Now 2 years after that blaa blah, spain were european champions and 4 years later the World Champions. grin
Re: Serie A, Premiership, La Liga Or Bundesliga? by holydante(m): 7:32am On Jan 30, 2011
Lol@ this ressurected thread.

Funny how most of the postulations here still played itself out, Spain has proven itself since 2006 that this started, and its viewership rating has gone off the hook.

England is yet to win Uefa or WC and the has paraded less influence in CL too, they still remain financially stable with massive viewership.

Like chich2pimp insisted, Ibracadabra didn't live up to his predictions and has shipped out of Barca.

In footie, you are as good as your last result, I guess Spain is on top.

On Barca we stand
Re: Serie A, Premiership, La Liga Or Bundesliga? by lifeisfun1: 2:35pm On Jan 30, 2011
The best league in the world hasn't helped the national side in euros and world cup.
Re: Serie A, Premiership, La Liga Or Bundesliga? by dayokanu(m): 9:32pm On Jan 30, 2011
Anyone who claims the EPL is best definitely needs help, Else how do you explain that the 23 players from EPL were molested by 23 players from the Bundesliga last Summer in South Africa
Re: Serie A, Premiership, La Liga Or Bundesliga? by Phate07(m): 9:48pm On Jul 21, 2011
EPL is the best.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Arsenal Vs QPR (1 - 0) On 27th October 2012 / Wolves Vs Manchester United (1 - 2) On 23rd May 2021 / Brighton Vs Liverpool (2 - 2) On 8th October 2023

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.