Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,773 members, 7,817,164 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:29 AM

Serie A, Premiership, La Liga Or Bundesliga? - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Serie A, Premiership, La Liga Or Bundesliga? (9474 Views)

Poll: Which professional league below would you pick?

Italian Serie A: 11% (7 votes)
English Premiership: 61% (38 votes)
Spanish La Liga: 25% (16 votes)
German Bundesliga: 1% (1 vote)
This poll has ended

Official Italian Serie A Fans Thread / French Ligue 1, Spanish La Liga, Italian Serie A, Dutch Eredivisi And Bundesliga / FG Bans DSTV From Airing English Premiership (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Serie A, Premiership, La Liga Or Bundesliga? by sage(m): 6:10pm On Aug 15, 2006
and all this bribery talk

so The 3 major final appearances by Italy in the past 12 yrs were bribery?

they bribe everybody abi, Fifa, Euro officials, Uefa and League too huh?
The fact that they produced 11 champions league finalists while England managed only 1 in the same period was Bribrey too huh? the fact that England cannot progress out of the group stages euro tounament (a tournament that has been won by all major european footballing nations Germany, Italy France and YES Spain and has no Brazil or Argentina in it) except 4 twice (one of which they were the host cheesy) speaks volumes.

AND WHO TOLD U THAT ALL THOSE GUYZ U MENTIONED ARE CULT HEROES IN OTHER LEAGUES?

Woodget ko Owen ni, Beckham ke
Re: Serie A, Premiership, La Liga Or Bundesliga? by adonye(m): 8:19pm On Aug 15, 2006
the best league in the world beyond doubt is the english premiership i mean look at the quality of teams in the english premiership the closest league is the italian serie a and there are only about 4 or five top quality teams and even worse in the la liga there are only about 5 for the love of god im a manu fan but the team that plays the best foot ball in the world is probably arsenal and i know 1 thing for sure manu arsenal chelsea and liverpool can beat any team in this world
Re: Serie A, Premiership, La Liga Or Bundesliga? by Jackal(m): 2:35am On Aug 16, 2006
@ sage + dayokanu,
Where the world footballer of the year plays does not make a league superior than the other.
Afterall the south americans are the major factor why the spanish la liga look so entertaining.
U even made a syntax error by listing Youri Djorkaeff. The dude did play for Bolton FC in the Premiership. grin

Talking about players that have played in the EPL, my list goes like this----------------
George Weah, Jurgen Klinsmann, Eric Cantona, David Beckham, Patrick Vieira, Jaap Stam, Juan Veron, Patrick Kluivert, Dennis Bergkamp, Edgar Davids,
Ruud Van Nistelrooy, Robert Pires, Thierry Henry, Roy Keane, Peter Schmeichel, Hidetoshi Nakata, Davor Suker, Jay-Jay Okocha, Hernan Crespo, Andriy Shevchenko and Michael Ballack.
Looking at this list carefully, u will notice all the players mentioned above all made Pele's 125 greatest soccer stars in the world.
Is this a coincidence? Am i missing something here?

It makes me laugh when Nairaland cats come here to drag EPL in the mud by saying its too predictable.
No league has been more predictable than La Liga.
Check this out-------------------------------
In the last 22 seasons in La Liga, Real Madrid and Barcelona have 18 league titles between them. 9 La Liga titles apiece!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I reckon other teams in Spain were just sleeping or these 2 teams are the only teams in the league. 18 titles in 22? Thats 90% shocked shocked shocked shocked

Moreover, if Italian teams can bribe their way over in the Serie A then i don't see any obstacle for 'em bribing their way in the UEFA Champions League.
Majority of the officials used in the UCL competitions are all referees from the top leagues in Europe- Italians are rogues so i cannot put the feat of bribery beyond them at any football competition.

All the players i mentioned are now cult heroes in the La Liga.
We all watched as Diego Forlan(Man Utd reject) clinched the pichichi trophy in 2004/05 season.
David Beckham(Anutha Man U reject) has been the most consistent player in the Real Madrid team since he's been there and i can go on and on.
Van Brockhorst(Arsenal reject) now commands a regular shirt @ Barca
I still maintain my stand that EPL is on top of other leagues OVERALL.
They got money, organisation, transparency, quality players, good TV coverage, and followership(largest fanbase)
Should i go on? tongue
Re: Serie A, Premiership, La Liga Or Bundesliga? by dayokanu(m): 7:38am On Aug 16, 2006
@Jackal
@ Jackal
Why are you making a comedy of this thread or why can you refer to Michael Owen who never got a regular shirt and started less than 10 games in the whole season before he was sent away to Newcastle,Jonathan Woodgate who has not played up to 10 games in 2 years, Ruud Nistelrooy who is yet to play a La Liga game cult figures
Did you notice that since David Beckham got to Madrid apart from shirt sales Madrid have not won any trophy not even Kings cup,Gravesen how many games did he play have you heard that Real have told him to get out,
Queiroz what did he win in Real Nothing .Wait till Gudjonsen play in Barca first Whenever English players get out they are like shit example the ones you mentioned
Now tell me who was England best player in the last world cup If you don't know check the internet
Re: Serie A, Premiership, La Liga Or Bundesliga? by dayokanu(m): 8:00am On Aug 16, 2006
@ Jackal
George Weah, Jurgen Klinsmann, Patrick Vieira, Juan Veron, Patrick Kluivert, Dennis Bergkamp, Edgar Davids,
Thierry Henry, Hidetoshi Nakata, Davor Suker, Jay-Jay Okocha, Hernan Crespo, Andriy Shevchenko and Michael Ballack
All these guys have something in common they came to EPL after being chased from other more serious leagues around Europe and the place to go is the Qatar of Europe where players go to retire after leaving here they go to the real Qatar after gaining experience from the mock Qatar of Europe e.g Jay-Jay, Weah,

Footballer of the century

1. Edson Arantes do Nascimento "PELÉ" (Brazil)
2. Diego MARADONA (Argentina)
3. Johan CRUYFF (Netherlands)
4. Alfredo DI STEFANO (Argentina/Spain)
5. Michel PLATINI (France)
6. Franz BECKENBAUER (Germany)
7. Ferenc PUSKAS (Hungary)
8. Marco VAN BASTEN (Netherlands)
9. Artur Antunes Coimbra "ZICO" (Brazil)
10. Gerd MÜLLER (Germany)
Lev YASHIN (Soviet Union)
12. Enzo FRANCESCOLI (Uruguay)
Re: Serie A, Premiership, La Liga Or Bundesliga? by dayokanu(m): 8:14am On Aug 16, 2006
That poll was taken in the mid 90s can you point to any player among them that played in the EPL but at least we can get enough EPL players in the bottom 10 grin
Re: Serie A, Premiership, La Liga Or Bundesliga? by dayokanu(m): 8:38am On Aug 16, 2006
In Spain we have had Barca, Real,Valencia,Villareal,Depor,Betis, Zaragoza,Bilbao,Athletico madrid,Osasuna,Celta vigo(11) have been in top 4 in the recent past
In Italy we have had Juve,AC,Inter,Roma,Lazio Fiorentina,Chievo,Parma,Udinese(9)
Germany we have had Bayern, Dortmund,kaiserslautern,Stuttgart,Bremen,Hamburg,Schalke,Hertha Berlin (cool
England we have Man U ,Chelski,Arsenal,Liverpool,Everton,Newcastle,Leeds (7)
you predicted those that would win all the first 4 in the major leagues next season did you realise that comparing your prediction to last years league standing you only got that of England right!!!!!!!!!!
So which is the predictable league?

ask why no Englishman is fit to coach any of the top clubs ?

Somebody mentioned Sylvinho,Gilberto,Edu despite the sterling performance of Gilberto for Arsenal,we all know that Roberto Carlos has customised the left full back position of the Selecao for the past ten years but for a few friendly games Sylvinho did not wear a Brazilian shirt he was just good enough for the Brazilian bench,Edu? which position which world cup did he play for Brazil?
These are facts you can all check up
Re: Serie A, Premiership, La Liga Or Bundesliga? by loyika(m): 9:28am On Aug 16, 2006
I really don't like to insult people, but like what was said in one MTN advert "Don't be Stupid Now!!" Do you watch football, when did Gilberto silva become a left back to compete with R Carlos, Do you actually know who Gilberto Silva is?. Secondly Edu played for Brazil at the Confederations cup and the Copa America, pls make sure you check your facts, the World Cup is not the only competition that Brazil play in.

And please nairaland members i know its so hard for some of you to just accept facts and state the truth, but did Bobby Robson not coach Barcalona, where the "Arrogant One" was his Translator, Did Terry Venables not coach abroad, DO YOU ALL WATCH FOOTBALL, IS STUPIDITY NOW A COMMON THING!!

Don't Real and Barca want players from the EPL, Is Paddy V not playing in the Seria A, Gio B was a shit player at Arsenal but is a star at Barca.

Becks and Owen made an impression in the Spainish League, Owen H is an important player at Bayern M. Gary Linikar was a great player at Barca, David Platt was a good player Abroad, Pls why in F@#K name am i even bothering with this stupid thread. If you all like, live in your Fantasy Island, as Tatoo would say "The Plane!! The Plane!!"
Re: Serie A, Premiership, La Liga Or Bundesliga? by dayokanu(m): 9:47am On Aug 16, 2006
I think I would prefer to keep this discussion with Jackal and any other person who can argue without trading insults I have exchanged opinions and facts with Jackal and others for close to ten times and we have not been close to personal attacks
Check my posts I compared Sylvinho with Carlos who play the same position. Sylvinho only plays when Carlos is not available,Gilberto silva was in top form but was benched for Emerson at the world cup
You too agree that they all play in confed cup and Copa America where most nation keep away their top players but not in the world cup where they showcase their best players
Answer this how many English coaches manage the top teams in EPL the top 10 team in EPL compare that to other leagues
So if you are mentioning the best players to ever play for Real,Barca or Bayern would your Michael Owen and Beckham ,Gary Lineker,Owen Hargreaves come in the top 10?
Re: Serie A, Premiership, La Liga Or Bundesliga? by loyika(m): 10:19am On Aug 16, 2006
Eh ya!! i am so sorry cry but in the school i went to when you make a sentence after a comma, it is a continuation of the previous statement being made, so please read your post again and see how you structured the statement!?

Secondly, Ronaldo, Ronaldinho, Adriano, Cafu Ortega, Ayala, Batistuta, and so on all played in the Copa and Confed Cups, Guess by your Standard, they are not first team players. Robinho was on the bench at the WC, guess he is a shiity player as well. Sorry Sir D(believe me i am not insulting you, cause you are doing as good job all by yourself), this point only proves that Brazil have strenght in depth, as Chelsea have stars that sit on the Bench but would make it into the First 11 of any Club in the World.

And why do you all keep confusing the topic with your threads, the topic is THE LEAGUES not the Nationalities, comparing the EPL with other leagues has nothing to do with comparing English Players with Spainish ones, i refer you to a statement by Arsene Wenger, where he stated that he was the Manager of Arsenal FC which just happens to be an EPL team, and not the manager of England!!

Listen nobody is trying to insult anyone, but what you all should quickly realise,this arguement is baseless. Whether you feel the EPL is shit and that your leagues are better, that does not change the Facts, you can bang your head on the wall or stay awake at night wonderoing why that is, still doesn't change S@#t!

I am an avid Mac user, and prefer Apple to Microsoft, but does that stop Windows from being the status quo of every computer system there is in the world? NO!! do i lose sleep over this? NO!! can i do anything to change this? NO!! so just take my advice and do what i do; LIVE WITH IT!!

I will leave you and Jackal to continue your love arguements, i apologise for butting in cheesy
Re: Serie A, Premiership, La Liga Or Bundesliga? by Jackal(m): 10:55am On Aug 16, 2006
@ loyika,
Save your breath for Dayokanu.
He knows he had lost this particular argument and he is desperately looking for a way out.
I nailed his coffin by letting him know that Real Madrid and Barcelona(The 2 dominant teams) had won the La Liga title 18 times in the last 22 seasons and thats 90%
The EPL has Man Utd and Arsenal has the dominant force and the 2 teams collectively have won the league 11 times in 14 seasons which is barely 80%.
Can anyone tell me which league is more predictable?

Michael Owen and David Beckham made their mark in the La Liga whether u agree to this fact or not.
Ruud Van Nistelrooy scored a goal in Madrid's pre-season already and u can bet he will def'ly bang in more goals.
Tomas Gravesen has been a solid rock in the middle of the pack.
Mateja Kezman(Chelsea reject) is now a cult hero at Athletico Madrid.
Diego Forlan surprised everyone by clinching the pichichi in a league that has Ronaldo, Raul, Etoo, Messi. Ronaldino, Robinho and Fernando Torres.
Forlan cld not even make a 1st team in United and he is one of the most important club figures in Spain. tongue

Did u say EPL reeks of veterans who had been chased from other serious leagues? I am having a giant laugh grin
Lemme tell u authoritatively that La Liga smells of grand-dads and great grand-dads.
Beckham was 28 when he left EPL for La Liga, Zidane was 29, Predrag Mijatovic was 27, Figo was 28, Davor Suker was 28, Van Nistelrooy is 30, Tomas Gravesen was 29, Cannavaro is 33 and Emerson is 30.
Barcelona tried to sign Henry at 29, Barca bought Thuram at 34 and Gudjohnsen at 28.
The average age in any La Liga team is above 28 and u have got the nerves to condemn the Premiership.
C'mon mate, take a chill pill-------U have lost this argument. grin
Re: Serie A, Premiership, La Liga Or Bundesliga? by dayokanu(m): 11:25am On Aug 16, 2006
@Loyika
Somebody mentioned Sylvinho,Gilberto,Edu. despite the sterling performance of Gilberto for Arsenal,we all know that Roberto Carlos has customised the left full back position of the Selecao for the past ten years but for a few friendly games Sylvinho did not wear a Brazilian shirt he was just good enough for the Brazilian bench,Edu? which position which world cup did he play for Brazil?
These are facts you can all check up
Can you notice that Carlos and Sylvinho were both mentioned in the same sentence without the coma
@Jackal you predicted the top teams in the variou league and I compared them to last seasons and I discovered that you only got that of EPL right or would you like to revise your earlier predictions?
Beckham made his mark selling shirts and not winning anything i hope this is right in 3 seasons and Owen was so good that he was sent away after a season largely as a sub Right?
All these players you mentioned are Old can you tell me the ages these players came epl
Re: Serie A, Premiership, La Liga Or Bundesliga? by loyika(m): 12:08pm On Aug 16, 2006
Robinho and Baptista did not win anything as well, i guess by your statement on Becks, they are all shitty players as well, sorry mate!! this says more about the inadequacies of the Real M team than about David B or M Owen, (i mean you spoil your own arguement by pointing out that Owen was on the bench, that mean the rest of the stars like Zizou, Ronaldo, raul and so on were Crap, since they won nothing during that period as well!?)

Again i repeat Brazil can field 3 teams, and they will all be Good, i mean a player like Juhinho of Lyon took time to make it into the Brazillian team, even when players like Denilson, who played at Real B still made the team. This just points to the Strenght in Depth of the Brazilian Football Squad.

once again you guys are still confusing the title of the thread, comparing Leagues has nothing to do with comparing Nationals. Spain has some of the worlds most gifted players, but they are perrinial under achievers on the World Stage, and like i said France were at the Finals of the WC, does that mean that Abidal and Malouda are going to be World footballers of the year!? or that the French League is suddenly one of the best leagues!?, since the WC i hasven't seen people falling over themselves for Grosso's signature.

Whether you agree or not, 2 plus 2 still equals 4, anyhow you want to twist it. So just Live with the fact that the EPL is considered the best League (Na only poor man dey abuse rich people, instead of trying to find a way of lifting himself off from his poverty!)

Technical Football = Spain/South America/Portugal.
Organisation in Football = Germany/USA.
TV exposure and Grit = Italy/Germany.
Violence = Turkey, in short the whole damn East european leagues.
Racism in Football = Spain/Italy and so on.

The Whole Package = The EPL
Technical Team = Arsenal
Organisation and Grit = Chelsea
Tv exposure = Man U
Violence = Blackburn
Racism = A bit of every team

:DAnd if you find the analysis above quite silly, well its as a result of this silly thread, the silly bug is catching on fast tongue God help us!!
Re: Serie A, Premiership, La Liga Or Bundesliga? by dayokanu(m): 1:50pm On Aug 16, 2006
weah,Okocha,Boghetti,Campo, Laurent Blanc,Vialli should I continue how old were they when they came to EPL
Re: Serie A, Premiership, La Liga Or Bundesliga? by dayokanu(m): 2:13pm On Aug 16, 2006
Of all the genuine stars that played all of them won something only Beckham and Owen didnot win who is talking about Robinho or layabout Baptista here
Re: Serie A, Premiership, La Liga Or Bundesliga? by loyika(m): 3:03pm On Aug 16, 2006
JESUS H CHRIST!!! let it go man, inshort we give up, since you seem to not want to accept the truth, there is nothing anyone can do to persuade you, so why bother!?

I mean Hitler also felt like you about the German armies capabilities to destroy the Russian Red army, and like you, there was no convincing otherwise, so let me leave this thread alone, before i totally go gaga!! tongue

But as a parting shot, Robinho and Baptista are all members of the Galaticos, Real actually broke the bank to sign Rob, i didn't see him win s@#k, being great brazillians should have propelled them to Super human status to lift Madrid to silverware since the English men were all crap, according to you that is!?

Anyway here is a link to one English Man who proved himself everywhere he played including Spain with Barca, i can't really be bothered posting the other links i have to put an end to this thread once and for all, i have decided to humbly turn the other cheek and let this stupidity end once and for all.

http://www.leicester.gov.uk/index.asp?pgid=769&mtype=print

And yeah!! you can have the last word (you were going to anyway, so knock yourself out mate!!) Enjoy cool
Re: Serie A, Premiership, La Liga Or Bundesliga? by dayokanu(m): 6:18pm On Aug 16, 2006
@loyika
I never said and would never say that every Brazilian or every Real player is a super star Kindly dispute any of the facts I laid down No EPL player has ever been voted world footballer of the year,Right? Owen Hargreaves one of the 2 players who play outside EPL was voted best English player in the world cup Right? In the last 15 years english teams have only reached the UCL final 3 times which is the lowest among the top 4 leagues Right? No English coach is managing the top clubs in EPL Right?

@Jackal
I hope you are still having a great laugh you named players in their late 20s wait as i am rolling out the names of the Grand fathers that have graced the Premiership Ravanelli , Attilio Lombardo,Diokaeff,Van der Saar you still want more?
Re: Serie A, Premiership, La Liga Or Bundesliga? by dayokanu(m): 6:48pm On Aug 16, 2006
@loyika
I never said and would never say that every Brazilian or every Real player is a super star Kindly dispute any of the facts I laid down No EPL player has ever been voted world footballer of the year,Right? Owen Hargreaves one of the 2 players who play outside EPL was voted best English player in the world cup Right? In the last 15 years english teams have only reached the UCL final 3 times which is the lowest among the top 4 leagues Right? No English coach is managing the top clubs in EPL Right?
Now let me have your own facts to prove that EPL is the best

@Jackal
I hope you are still having a great laugh you named players in their late 20s wait as i am rolling out the names of the Grand fathers that have graced the Premiership Ravanelli , Attilio Lombardo,Diokaeff,Van der Saar you still want more?
Re: Serie A, Premiership, La Liga Or Bundesliga? by buchio7(m): 12:17am On Aug 17, 2006
I just cant understand why some ppl would claim epl as better in quality to la liga or serie a, asides from the over-blown typical english publicity there is nothing to write about in terms of major english club achievement in europe. How many times has an english team won the champions league in the last 5 - 6 years in comparism to la liga,serie a and the bundesliga?

Even the over publicised national team is nothing to write about. Yes serie a and la liga have there problems but in terms of quality play and flair dont even try comparing epl to them. Epl loses miserably
Re: Serie A, Premiership, La Liga Or Bundesliga? by dayokanu(m): 7:37am On Aug 17, 2006
@Jackal
Why are you not replying or you want to go back on your statement about old players in the other leagues compared to EPL that have had players who played with the walking stick You better say something or else I would add names like Deschamps, Zola, Fernando Hierro or are you conceeding defeat
Okay write to Seun Osewa telling him to remove this
Did u say EPL reeks of veterans who had been chased from other serious leagues? I am having a giant laugh
Lemme tell u authoritatively that La Liga smells of grand-dads and great grand-dads.
Beckham was 28 when he left EPL for La Liga, Zidane was 29, Predrag Mijatovic was 27, Figo was 28, Davor Suker was 28, Van Nistelrooy is 30, Tomas Gravesen was 29, Cannavaro is 33 and Emerson is 30.
Barcelona tried to sign Henry at 29, Barca bought Thuram at 34 and Gudjohnsen at 28.
The average age in any La Liga team is above 28 and u have got the nerves to condemn the Premiership.
C'mon mate, take a chill pill-------U have lost this argument
on the percentages of winners, spain has 81.8% and EPL 78.5% using any mathematical model how does 81.8% translate to 90% rather rounding to the nearest 10, they are both 80%
Re: Serie A, Premiership, La Liga Or Bundesliga? by loyika(m): 9:48am On Aug 17, 2006
Ok F Rikaard and F Cappello are spainish i never knew that

What a very stupid thread this is becoming, the whole thing looks like a scene from the movie "FORREST GUMP!!"

You all should enjoy yourselves with your arguements, does it stop what is obvious. NO, so i really do not see the need to cross swords with you. The EPL as a whole Package is seen (whether you chose to believe it or not, will never be an issue!!) as the Best League in the world.

It is watched by more viewers than any other league, it pulls in more money than any other league, it has the riches club in the world, it has the most expensively assembled group of players in one club, it has a team filled with a group of young players that might produce a future world footballer of the year (Cesc Fab), it produced the most amount of players to this years world cup. Every team is known by everyone, from the best teams to the bottom clubs.

It is the main feature of any satelite and cable provider, both in Europe, Africa and Asia,. So Spain might be more of a flair league with beautiful technical play, The Bundesliga might be well organised like a well oiled machine, the Serie A might be full of Grit and tactics. BUT AS A WHOLE PACKAGE THE EPL IS CONSIDERED THE BEST LEAGUE. (Whether that changes in the future, we all have to wait and see).

All your analysis might be useful as an academic research paper, but we all know, Academic realities are quite different from World realities. Sadly my friends that is the truth of the matter. So talk all you want about CL winners and FIFA World Footballers of the year, that will not change a fact, as sad as that might sound, "Life's a bitch!! cool
Re: Serie A, Premiership, La Liga Or Bundesliga? by hustler(m): 10:43am On Aug 17, 2006
Names of players that came to premiership to "retire" when they could no longer compete in Europe's BIG leagues.

Vialli, Ravanelli, Lombardo, Casiraghi, Weah, Hierro, Djorkaeff, Ivan Campo, Nakata, Lombardo, Desailly, Lebouef, the lost is endless

and talk that Kezman has become a cult hero at athleticowhat kindhow many goals did he scorewho made him a cult figureisn't that where Torres playsand for clubs chasin Grosso, let me inform u that he had agreed to sign for Inter b4 the world cup.

and i wonder in what club tomas Gravesen has been a solid rock.i just wonder.Could it be at madriddefinitely not the madrid i watched last season with Pablo Garcia and guti running things there.Matter of fact Gravy is about to be offloaded.cannavaro might be goin to real at 33, but heaven knows the amount of quality still left in him is twice that of Rio Ferdinand.

Loyika and jackal u guys know where the quality lies in european football.dont deny it.

Re: Serie A, Premiership, La Liga Or Bundesliga? by Jackal(m): 12:05pm On Aug 17, 2006
@ Dayokanu,
I decided not to reply u cos i have won the argument.
More veterans play in La Liga than the EPL.
Amedeo Carboni of Valencia played last october at the age of 41yrs in La Liga.
Dino Zoff holds the record of the oldest player to play in the Serie A and he retired at the age of 42.
The oldest player ever to play in the Premiership is Teddy Sheringham and he is still 39.
How about that for a stat? shocked shocked shocked shocked

The average age of any team in La Liga and Serie A is almost twice that of any team in the EPL.
Van Der sar joined the Premiership at 31 and Ravanelli joined EPL at 27 which is quite okay.
U must understand Edwin Van der Sar is a goal-keeper and being old n experienced is the key in signing goalkeepers.

81.8% is still lots more than 78.5% so it means La Liga is more predictable than the EPL whether u accept these facts or not.
No doubt,La Liga has the flair and the general technical game play is better but the overall package belongs to the Premiership.
U cannot compare any football league in the world with the Premiership.
It's the largest growing sports league and thats why Billionaires are getting interested in the EPL.
Why didnt Roman go to La Liga to buy Barca or Real Madrid?
Re: Serie A, Premiership, La Liga Or Bundesliga? by dayokanu(m): 12:28pm On Aug 17, 2006
Abrahamovich cant go to other league because they have well laid down structures that cant just be bought over then maybe the viewership they enjoy not because it is the best they hope that by pumping money into the clubs they would conquer Europe but till now they are yet to. Liverpool has a better structure they even rejected Thai Billionaire proposal to buy them over and they won Europe not because of the money
The average age of any La liga team is twicw that of Any EPL team you mean Bolton is in La Liga? cause I dont think anyteam can be older than Bolton
Re: Serie A, Premiership, La Liga Or Bundesliga? by loyika(m): 12:41pm On Aug 17, 2006
QUALITY!? Flipping heck this is not a bloddy beauty contest!!!, Now if this was an issue of who plays the most attractive footie, then we all would raise our hands up and shout "SPAIN!!" but correct me if i am wrong, didn't i and Jackal say as much in our various posts. "Selective Eye sight Syndrome"  cheesy

All you guys have been doing is flogging a dead donkey, like i keep saying, as a whole Package no league can compare for now with the EPL, maybe some time in the Future other leagues could be packaged and hyped better than the EPL, but for now the EPL is Number 1 (Numero Uno), so just deal with it, and let this thread die a natural death, its becoming stale tongue
Re: Serie A, Premiership, La Liga Or Bundesliga? by dayokanu(m): 1:30pm On Aug 17, 2006
@Jackal
New England coach Steve McClaren has already hinted he may build a team around Hargreaves and could not have been more fulsome in his praise for the player.

'Owen was phenomenal,' he said. 'He set the standard for the others to follow in his attitude and whole game and both Steven Gerrard and Frank Lampard followed him.' this is from soccernet website

Owen Hargreaves your foot
maybe you should do something about that foot he was the only player on the field yesterday England vs Greece who plays outside.
He was the best English player in the last world cup
he was the only one to score a penalty. Coincidence?

@Loyika
Does the fact that Other leagues have done better in the UCL in recent years mean anything to you in terms of quality?
If not, answer this as truthfully as you can. Who is the best foot balling nation in the world? Is it Brazil?
Why?
won more trophies?
or because of the quality of players they have produced over years?
if this is correct then why cant you apply this to the leagues and figure it out for yourself?
Re: Serie A, Premiership, La Liga Or Bundesliga? by loyika(m): 2:34pm On Aug 17, 2006
What is your problem shocked

PORTO won the UCL does that mean the portugese league is any better than Sunday School Footie!! Monaco was in that final and Lyon have been Dark Horses for a while now, does that make the Ligue1 a brilliant league.

Liverpool won 2 years ago and Arsenal got to the final, expect an english team in the Final this year (quote me on this at the end of the season!!). Liverpool has won a few UCL trophies 5 in all and 3 UEFA cups, so what the Hell are you talking about!?

Lets see yes people can say that Brazil is the best footballing nation in the world, not because of the trophies they have won, but due to them having the highest number of Professional footballers scattered all over the world, even playing in different nationals teams, Deco for Portugal, Dos santos for Tunisa, Alex for Japan, Senna for Spain and the bloddy list goes on. Anyway i really do not see the sense in this analogy, like i keep repeating, we are not talking about National Teams but about Football Leagues. what does the Brazilian national team have to do with the EPL being the most popular league in the World notice i didn't say the most tactical, skillful or technical football league but once again as a WHOLE PACKAGE IT IS THE BEST!! WHAT IS IT THAT YOU ARE FAILING TO UNDERSTAND IN THAT STATEMENT!?

Like i said, this whole thread is becoming like "FORREST GUMP" SILLY!! tongue
Re: Serie A, Premiership, La Liga Or Bundesliga? by dayokanu(m): 3:19pm On Aug 17, 2006
Cant you see that Portugese league can not maintain consistency in reaching the finals, so a one off can go unnoticed. so also for French ligue, that was why I chose a period of 15years to provide a reasonable lenght of time to make a fair conclusion. you said Brazil is the greatest because they have players who have naturalised outside, so before 2002 when most of them naturalised they were not the best then who was the best then? ask anybody that why is Brazil the best, it is either they tell you that it is because of the number of world cup they have won or the quality of players that they posses not the endorsement or the finance
So if you can use that characteristics to judge Brazil and you still feel audience and Finance is the best way to Judge a good league. does that not seem like you are changing the goalpost?

EPL does not have any reasonable footballing strongpoint and you claim they are the best overall
They are not the most tactical, Skillful, technical nor have they won more times or have better players so why are they the best;Sponsorship and finance?
Re: Serie A, Premiership, La Liga Or Bundesliga? by sage(m): 6:17pm On Aug 17, 2006
@ topic

U guyz dont need to argue with people that are not objective esp Jackal

He argues blindly.

A league that b/w 1990 and 2005 produced only 1 champions league finalist while the Italian league produced 11 and spain 7 is not worth mentioning
Re: Serie A, Premiership, La Liga Or Bundesliga? by buchio7(m): 6:36pm On Aug 17, 2006
AMEN [b],AMEN , AMEN, [/b]TO THAT UR STATEMENT SAGE, HOW CAN WE BE COMPARING SERIE A ,LA LIGA TO EPL? THERE IS NO BASIS FOR COMPARISM AT ALL. LA LIGA AND SERIE A BETWEEN THEM HAVE PRODUCED MORE UCL CHAMPIONS THAN YOU CAN IMAGINE FOR THE PAST 2 DECADES DIMMING EPL CONSIDERABLY.
Re: Serie A, Premiership, La Liga Or Bundesliga? by mochafella(m): 7:16pm On Aug 17, 2006
Jackal:
I nailed his coffin by letting him know that Real Madrid and Barcelona(The 2 dominant teams) had won the La Liga title 18 times in the last 22 seasons and thats 90%
The EPL has Man Utd and Arsenal has the dominant force and the 2 teams collectively have won the league 11 times in 14 seasons which is barely 80%.
Jackal:

81.8% is still lots more than 78.5% so it means La Liga is more predictable than the EPL whether u accept these facts or not.
dayokanu:

on the percentages of winners, spain has 81.8% and EPL 78.5% using any mathematical model how does 81.8% translate to 90% rather rounding to the nearest 10, they are both 80%

erm Real and Barca have won La Liga 10 years out of last 14 years. Turns La Liga is just as predictable if not less, as the EPL over the same period.

Also speaking to the revenue figures, do they take into account differences in the ticket prices. Last I heard EPL has very high prices compared to the Serie A, not sure about La Liga. However it is difficult to argue with EPL's worldwide tv coverage/viewership.
Re: Serie A, Premiership, La Liga Or Bundesliga? by hustler(m): 10:19am On Aug 18, 2006
@ mocha
what r u implyin??

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Wolves Vs Manchester United (1 - 2) On 23rd May 2021 / Brighton Vs Liverpool (2 - 2) On 8th October 2023 / Fa Community Shield : Chelsea (2)4 Vs Man Utd (2) 1 on Pens

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 108
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.