Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,264 members, 7,836,199 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 10:54 PM

Eligibility For 2015: S-court Dismisses Suit Against Jonathan - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Eligibility For 2015: S-court Dismisses Suit Against Jonathan (12666 Views)

WIKE’S VICTORY: Oyegun Calls For Probe Of S-court Judges / Supreme Court Dismisses Wike’s Suit Against Tribunal / 2015 : S’ East APC Moves To Save okorocha (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Eligibility For 2015: S-court Dismisses Suit Against Jonathan by Nobody: 5:55pm On Dec 16, 2014
erico2k2:

Yes you got the rite bit but take not of (B) he has not been elected twice, he has only once been,it was circumstances(Death of his Boss) that allowed him to take Oath .
This is where I said their handlers had legally defrauded them.

I have no idea what you're saying.

You yourself said you don't know why it hasn't been dismissed. Perhaps the judges know something you don't.

MissMeiya:

This is the section of the constitution that disqualifies him:
(2) Subject to the provisions of subsection (1) of this section, the President shall vacate his office at the expiration of a period of four years commencing from the date, when -
135.2 (a) and (b)
(a) in the case of a person first elected as President under this Constitution, he took the Oath of Allegiance and the oath of office; and
(b) in any other case, the person last elected to that office under this Constitution took the Oath of Allegiance and oath of office or would, but for his death, have taken such Oaths.

He was sworn in as President twice. The limit is two terms. The reason why GEJ delayed declaring until the last possible second, until INEC literally had to give him a deadline, was to avoid this suit. It couldn't be filed until he declared because it would have been considered speculative.
Re: Eligibility For 2015: S-court Dismisses Suit Against Jonathan by Kolade354(m): 5:58pm On Dec 16, 2014
castancassy2:
that shows that God is with the president and his name speaks 4 him. PDP people dont make noise as Apc do but come feburary next year, we will teach apc that they are still kid to us(PDP
fool who take who to court(pdp chieftain drag jonathan to court they are not making noise indeed).....the useless party wey u dey support cant give me 24 hour power supply i want to buy fuel, i cant even buy fuel due to strike by pengassan when the stupid govt refuse to pay them............when you get to heaven i guess your eyes will be open that jonathan is just running the affairs of this country like a primary school class captain
Re: Eligibility For 2015: S-court Dismisses Suit Against Jonathan by erico2k2(m): 6:04pm On Dec 16, 2014
MissMeiya:

I have no idea what you're saying.

You yourself said you don't know why it hasn't been dismissed. Perhaps the judges know something you don't.

How you mean?I stated clearly there that GEJ has only been elected once not twice,first Oath was as a result of the Death of his Boss then he was VP.GEJ was not elected by anybody after the Death of yaradua he was constitutionally appointed.
Re: Eligibility For 2015: S-court Dismisses Suit Against Jonathan by Nobody: 6:07pm On Dec 16, 2014
erico2k2:

How you mean?I stated clearly there that GEJ has only been elected once not twice,first Oath was as a result of the Death of his Boss then he was VP.GEJ was not elected by anybody after the Death of yaradua he was constitutionally appointed.

Sigh. [size=14pt]Who cares how many times he was elected?[/size] The constitution references what? The swearing in as President. Does the constitution specify being elected as the limiting factor? No, it does not. It specifies the OATH OF OFFICE.

GEJ took the Oath of Office how many times? Twice. What does that mean? It means that according to the Constitution, GEJ has reached his two term limit.

Please, stop mentioning me if you can't read.
Re: Eligibility For 2015: S-court Dismisses Suit Against Jonathan by Biggty(m): 6:09pm On Dec 16, 2014
The outcome of the verdict was never a doubt.

Jona till 2015
Re: Eligibility For 2015: S-court Dismisses Suit Against Jonathan by Nobody: 6:10pm On Dec 16, 2014
MissMeiya:

That's why I know NLers can't read, including the mod who retitled this thread.

The actual case was not dismissed. Only the case by a PDP chief to join the existing suit.

"A five-man panel of Justices of the
apex court presided over by the Chief
Justice of Nigeria, CJN, Justice
Mahmud Mohammed, [size=13pt]struck out the
appeal which was filed before it by a
Chieftain of the Peoples Democratic
Party, PDP, from Adamawa State, Dr.
Umar Ardo.[/size]

Delivering the ruling, the CJN,
accused Ardo of inviting the Supreme
Court to arrest [size=18pt]a proceeding pending
before the Abuja Division of the Court
of Appeal.

He noted that the substantive suit
challenging Jonathan’s eligibility
is currently before the appellate
court[/size], stressing that Ardo lacked the
locus-standi to move the apex court
to either take over hearing on the
matter or compel the appeal court to
join him as an interested party in the
pending appeal."
Re: Eligibility For 2015: S-court Dismisses Suit Against Jonathan by erico2k2(m): 6:23pm On Dec 16, 2014
MissMeiya:

Sigh. [size=14pt]Who cares how many times he was elected?[/size] The constitution references what? The swearing in as President. Does the constitution specify being elected as the limiting factor? No, it does not. It specifies the OATH OF OFFICE.

GEJ took the Oath of Office how many times? Twice. What does that mean? It means that according to the Constitution, GEJ has reached his two term limit.

Please, stop mentioning me if you can't read.
Then you are new to the constitution read check history of Al Gore and Gerald ford,these where their circumstances cos they where all VPs anyway I leave this gra gra
Re: Eligibility For 2015: S-court Dismisses Suit Against Jonathan by oloworulz(m): 9:53pm On Dec 16, 2014
darediamond:
The Buahri wey Thiefnibu even know say he go payin na him you de carry to infinity? My friend na maggot go dress you up oo if you continue.
na u won kill am? Eventhough he use 2days. Am sure GEJ go enter prison within that 2days.
Re: Eligibility For 2015: S-court Dismisses Suit Against Jonathan by darediamond(m): 9:56pm On Dec 16, 2014
Na only GEJ? What of Tinubu?
Ikanda, Ikangbe. Oni yeye!!!
oloworulz:
na u won kill am? Eventhough he use 2days. Am sure GEJ go enter prison within that 2days.
Re: Eligibility For 2015: S-court Dismisses Suit Against Jonathan by oloworulz(m): 10:01pm On Dec 16, 2014
darediamond:
Na only GEJ? What of Tinubu?
Ikanda, Ikangbe. Oni yeye!!!
i wish tinubu should go to prison too and all other thieves. Am not apc sympatizer. But i want Buhari, Nigeria needs Buhari.
Re: Eligibility For 2015: S-court Dismisses Suit Against Jonathan by darediamond(m): 10:04pm On Dec 16, 2014
Wo Gbenga moti ma un so wipe eniti o ba fe ko Oselu, ko ma bowa si Ile Yoruba!!

But I know Tinubu is fronting is support for Beastari. He is with GEJ underneath.
Or what do you think?

gbenga4sure:
I'm happy.Yorubas won't vote those who murdered abiola,jailed fela.As a Yoruba man I will proudly vote the clueless one who established about 20 higher institutions. The clueless one has won my heart.pls join me and let's proof to selfish tinubu that we are not gullible people.APC might win governorship election in some state.Yoruba(including kwara,kogi and parts of Edo)will vote as a intellectual nation even tinubu will be surprised. Pls think.GEJ loves us better than Tinubu and a gambari grin
Re: Eligibility For 2015: S-court Dismisses Suit Against Jonathan by darediamond(m): 10:11pm On Dec 16, 2014
That Beast??
He could not beat them and he joined them. Who are the them even though he himself is practically like them.
But half bread is better than none.
The none is Bokoari the Jiadist while the half bread is GEJ the so called "clueless".
I give the later passmark.
oloworulz:
i wish tinubu should go to prison too and all other thieves. Am not apc sympatizer. But i want Buhari, Nigeria needs Buhari.
Re: Eligibility For 2015: S-court Dismisses Suit Against Jonathan by bakila: 10:18pm On Dec 16, 2014
castancassy2:
that shows that God is with the president and his name speaks 4 him. PDP people dont make noise as Apc do but come feburary next year, we will teach apc that they are still kid to us(PDP

Unfortunate, with the number of likes you have makes it very unfortunate that you all did not see that the Supreme Court neither considered the facts nor the law on his eligibility. It mere struck out the matter.
Re: Eligibility For 2015: S-court Dismisses Suit Against Jonathan by oloworulz(m): 10:22pm On Dec 16, 2014
darediamond:
That Beast??
He could not beat them and he joined them. Who are the them even though he himself is practically like them.
But half bread is better than none.
The none is Bokoari the Jiadist while the half bread is GEJ the so called "clueless".
I give the later passmark.
it seems u and ur family are used to poverty and u want to also pass it to ur generation. Well, best of luck. SAI BUHARI TILL INFINITY
Re: Eligibility For 2015: S-court Dismisses Suit Against Jonathan by darediamond(m): 10:27pm On Dec 16, 2014
Animal!
oloworulz:
it seems u and ur family are used to poverty and u want to also pass it to ur generation. Well, best of luck. SAI BUHARI TILL INFINITY
Re: Eligibility For 2015: S-court Dismisses Suit Against Jonathan by erico2k2(m): 10:38pm On Dec 16, 2014
darediamond:
Animal!
grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Eligibility For 2015: S-court Dismisses Suit Against Jonathan by Nobody: 10:41pm On Dec 16, 2014
Alas!

GEJ TILL 2019.

Buhari will cry again in 2015 after being thoroughly defeated.
Re: Eligibility For 2015: S-court Dismisses Suit Against Jonathan by darediamond(m): 10:44pm On Dec 16, 2014
Y u dey shine teeth? U won lottery??
erico2k2:

grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Eligibility For 2015: S-court Dismisses Suit Against Jonathan by darediamond(m): 10:44pm On Dec 16, 2014
Y u dey shine teeth? U win lottery??
erico2k2:

grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Eligibility For 2015: S-court Dismisses Suit Against Jonathan by jimts(m): 11:33pm On Dec 16, 2014
Even Baba has spoken!
Its been 16yrs, Shine ur eyes! undecided
Re: Eligibility For 2015: S-court Dismisses Suit Against Jonathan by diepreyefrank: 12:06am On Dec 17, 2014
donphilopus:
Before now, most of us already knew the suit would be dismissed. That's what I've been clamouring for, anyway. We can now deal with him at the polls. He's going back to Otuoke come May 29th 2015!
Really? Lol. Super story...
Re: Eligibility For 2015: S-court Dismisses Suit Against Jonathan by gbenga4sure(m): 5:04am On Dec 17, 2014
darediamond:
Wo Gbenga moti ma un so wipe eniti o ba fe ko Oselu, ko ma bowa si Ile Yoruba!!

But I know Tinubu is fronting is support for Beastari. He is with GEJ underneath.
Or what do you think?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nigeria’s Debt Rises By N7.1tn In Two Years - Minister of Finance / PDP Vs APC: What Turaki Told Fayose In Ekiti / Tambuwal Reloctes Family From Kaduna!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.