Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,678 members, 7,816,780 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:01 PM

Nairalander's Boyfriend Wants Her To Keep Washing His Clothes. Please Advice - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Nairalander's Boyfriend Wants Her To Keep Washing His Clothes. Please Advice (23975 Views)

Woman Wants Her Hubby Sacked For Attacking Her Gigolo With Cutlass In Ekiti / My Boyfriend Wants Me To Give Up Custody Of My Little Boy, What Should I Do? / Her Husband Wants Her Back Home! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nairalander's Boyfriend Wants Her To Keep Washing His Clothes. Please Advice by rigarmortis: 5:12pm On Dec 17, 2014
Zellie:
I wish I could punch people over the internet sad

too bad you cant, innit?

but one thing you can do without the use of internet is..........take a long, tight rope, make a nose, manage to get your large but empty head into the noose, tie the end of the rope to a ceiling fan, climb on a chair, make sure everything is tightly in place, then kick off the chair.....

and watch what happens to your chicken neck.....

try it, you don't need 10mb for this, trust me.
Re: Nairalander's Boyfriend Wants Her To Keep Washing His Clothes. Please Advice by Classicalmusic: 5:17pm On Dec 17, 2014
Ogoanita:
In a serious, commited relationship where the guy is expecting the girl to help out with his house work * not that am saying it improper* i as a person can do all but when it come to washing cloths hmmmm:/ that where the real big deal comes in. Am really in a very tight corner right now cause all is not well with my relationship, i need sound and matured advice on this, your opinions and comments are highly welcomed tnx.

Basically, I don't have much advice to give. From your profile, I think you're somewhat stubborn and a bit straight-forward. However, you should be happy washing his clothes and cooking for him because it signifies love. You just need to be romantic so that he will keep loving you. If not, he might drop you for another woman.

Let me give you an insight. I cannot allow a woman whom I do not trust to cook for me and also wash my clothes because some women are really messed up and later they claim that they're capable of making us happy. cheesy

Please be caring today so that he will propose to you tomorrow.
Re: Nairalander's Boyfriend Wants Her To Keep Washing His Clothes. Please Advice by honeric01(m): 5:19pm On Dec 17, 2014
RaeMystix:

I knew what I meant, when I used that word...If you don't understand, then all you have to do is simply " Google it"; You difinetly with feel luck and happy, once you find your answer.

google what? a term created by bitter and confused people? who's a fake man? a man is a man, the only difference should be maturity and responsibility.

Know this today that there's nothing like a fake man or real man, what we have is matured/responsible and immature/irresponsible man/woman.

1 Like

Re: Nairalander's Boyfriend Wants Her To Keep Washing His Clothes. Please Advice by Welrez(m): 5:20pm On Dec 17, 2014
mutter:
In a serious committed relationship you should have taken his laundry and done it even without him having to ask you to do it.
What do you think marriage is all about?
- free maid and slave for husband and children.
-24 hours job, no leave no pay. cheesy

You don`t enter into a marriage and then suddenly start washing the cloths because of the ring.
If you love him you can do it with the joy of doing something for him.
I'm quoting you because I really like your comment. She comes here seeking advice from some people who can hardly manage their own relationships and probably going away with an attitude that ruins relationships. This is a simple matter that can be easily talked over instead of coming here to pick ideas that can complicate issues.

1 Like

Re: Nairalander's Boyfriend Wants Her To Keep Washing His Clothes. Please Advice by Emilord(m): 5:26pm On Dec 17, 2014
freecocoa:
I have no problems catering to my man but it becomes a problem if he starts carrying face when I don't want to do something I do or can do.

Then again OP, have you done his laundry before? Did he ask before you did it? Does he think it's a must you do it for him? If you answer yes to these questions, then your boyfriend feels entitled which isn't really a good thing, still I see no big deal in helping my man with his laundry when I want or if he politely asks.

E be like say two of una dey do power tussle sha and him wan tell you say "I'm the boss" and you kwa wan tell am say "I'm the boss of me", a relationship doesn't have to go that way, plus, you don't have to have that ring before you treat your man right.
freecocoa,is that really you?where have u been all this while?
Re: Nairalander's Boyfriend Wants Her To Keep Washing His Clothes. Please Advice by irepitan87(f): 5:29pm On Dec 17, 2014
@ lafflafia so intersting,can u advice ur sis to do dat,or does it means if washing his clothes or do d chores means she is wife material,
Wen dating a guy u can. Only do things dat comes frm ur mind.I dated my husband for more four years I only wash his clothes twice and it was because I met him washing it,I do oda chores,we r married now he still do d washing even he helped with cooking if I close late and he get home bf me,so if u r him u won't even dat lady all in d name of dat she can't do ur wish,
My own advice is if u r only comfortable with it,not wat u r force. To,sit him down talk to him and if he refuse u can do it for love sake,but for me I won't b a slave all in d name of love.
Haba we r all human being,let's take tins easy,

1 Like

Re: Nairalander's Boyfriend Wants Her To Keep Washing His Clothes. Please Advice by mutter(f): 5:31pm On Dec 17, 2014
Shirley07:

Most dumb female this forum has ever produced. Desperado.

.... :with the mission to save young naive girls from lying tounges that wish to leed them astray tongue.

1 Like

Re: Nairalander's Boyfriend Wants Her To Keep Washing His Clothes. Please Advice by freecocoa(f): 5:34pm On Dec 17, 2014
Emilord:
freecocoa,is that really you?where have u been all this while?
Ah, it's me noni o, I've been around, hanging out these days in the family section wink.
Re: Nairalander's Boyfriend Wants Her To Keep Washing His Clothes. Please Advice by queenbesha(f): 5:37pm On Dec 17, 2014
What I don't get is wat some guys actually think of their girlfriends. This person in question is nt bethrothed to u or anything. She is just ur girlfriend. If she washes ur cloth, be happy for dat, if she does nt, don't make it look as if she is failing to carry out ha responsibility! Mind you, she is nt ur wife yet and to some extent she is nt answerable to u. She nt washing ur cloths neither makes ha a bad person nor means that she does nt love u.
Now...wait a minuite o...all these guys that are busy condeming girls...hw many of ur girlfrnd's cloths have u washed...is doing dat an

1 Like

Re: Nairalander's Boyfriend Wants Her To Keep Washing His Clothes. Please Advice by AZeD1(m): 5:41pm On Dec 17, 2014
Classicalmusic:

Basically, I don't have much advice to give. From your profile, I think you're somewhat stubborn and a bit straight-forward. However, you should be happy washing his clothes and cooking for him because it signifies love. You just need to be romantic so that he will keep loving you. If not, he might drop you for another woman.

Let me give you an insight. I cannot allow a woman whom I do not trust to cook for me and also wash my clothes because some women are really messed up and later they claim that they're capable of making us happy. cheesy

Please be caring today so that he will propose to you tomorrow.
Washing and cooking signifies love? Really?
Any guy who expects his girl to wash his clothes for him just because they are dating is an a**

1 Like

Re: Nairalander's Boyfriend Wants Her To Keep Washing His Clothes. Please Advice by RaeMystix: 5:44pm On Dec 17, 2014
honeric01:

google what? a term created by bitter and confused people? who's a fake man? a man is a man, the only difference should be maturity and responsibility.

Know this today that there's nothing like a fake man or real man, what we have is matured/responsible and immature/irresponsible man/woman.

Okay sir!
Re: Nairalander's Boyfriend Wants Her To Keep Washing His Clothes. Please Advice by queenbesha(f): 5:47pm On Dec 17, 2014
What I don't get is wat some guys actually think of their girlfriends. This person in question is nt betrothed to u or anything. She is just ur girlfriend. If she washes ur cloth, be happy for dat, if she does nt, don't make it look as if she is failing to carry out ha responsibility! Mind you, she is nt ur wife yet and to some extent she is nt answerable to u. She nt washing ur cloths neither makes ha a bad person nor means that she does nt love u.
Now...wait a minuite o...all these guys that are busy condemning girls...hw many of ur girlfrnd's cloths have u washed...is doing dat an abomination?!!!!
Re: Nairalander's Boyfriend Wants Her To Keep Washing His Clothes. Please Advice by kccarew(f): 5:52pm On Dec 17, 2014
Pls permit me to do this...hahahahahahahahhahahahahaha, chai na wa oo, and more ahahahahahah, babe, see I aint laughing at u oo, but at ur bf, and sorry I am laughing but I couldn't help it.

Men ur man is funny in fact he aint ur man, ur guy, if he wants u to be washing his cloth, make him marry u, then buy washing machine for u so u could do lundry with ease while u have to go to work or do other chores at home, tell him I said so.
Ogoanita:
In a serious, commited relationship where the guy is expecting the girl to help out with his house work * not that am saying it improper* i as a person can do all but when it come to washing cloths hmmmm:/ that where the real big deal comes in. Am really in a very tight corner right now cause all is not well with my relationship, i need sound and matured advice on this, your opinions and comments are highly welcomed tnx.

1 Like

Re: Nairalander's Boyfriend Wants Her To Keep Washing His Clothes. Please Advice by Nobody: 6:00pm On Dec 17, 2014
MarvellousGod:
Getting upset because you ain't washing his clothes? He no well..Guess he's among the category of men that get gfs/marry because they're tired of chores and also believe chores are meant for females alone.....

There's a limit to what you can do for a bf please especially ones that take you/your kindness for granted. . Also, your mind doesn't support it so don't do it. . I really don't see a reason why he should get upset or your relationship threatened because of a minor issue like this, He obviously doesn't love you. .. Tell him to take his clothes to dry cleaners or bring his sisters over to do the washings since he's so handicapped to it. ..
Whoever you are, you too make sense oh.my own former stupid boyfy wanted me to suck his dick by force.c me c something.I told him I don't like it but e con dey vex.imagine.dt was a red flag for me

1 Like

Re: Nairalander's Boyfriend Wants Her To Keep Washing His Clothes. Please Advice by Nobody: 6:02pm On Dec 17, 2014
aisha2:
If you were my sister I would lock you up at home.
What are your own goals in life? Do you demand money from him?

Marriage or relationship nothing should be forced. You were not born to cook and clean, even if you want to it should be a choice and not a right. I learned the hard way, a man like that would always seek to limit you. He would want your whole life designed to run after him and worship him.

I don't know hoe you have presented yourself to him but I am uncomfortable with the idea of being in a relationship just so you get chores done or in a ladys case get her needs met.

He has been raised that way and if you are not ready to be a glorified maid to him and his family members, pound pounded yam manually, wash manually and do it all without a maid forget it. He will ask you to get a job like teaching or a shop so you can have time to be super woman. A man like that believes this is all a woman is good for. You dare not aspire for anything greater, having a career is out of it. Its all about him and what he wants

Gbam! U are on point

2 Likes

Re: Nairalander's Boyfriend Wants Her To Keep Washing His Clothes. Please Advice by Nobody: 6:02pm On Dec 17, 2014
lafflaff123:
@OP my advice to you is simple. Upgrade and start dating a guy that has a Washing machine/dryer and also a dish washer, so you don't have to do anything. I am sure you don't like cooking too right?date a guy that loves cooking and or his mother brings him food for it to be refrigerated.

Just curious about you, so my question to you is that WHAT EXACTLY do you women think you even bring into a relationship?any relationship?your minds are fixated in marriages and how to hook a guy alone. But, when it comes to actually doing anything tangible, you start complaining.

wot u saying? Y should she wash his cloths? Is she his maid? They r nt even married? I guess u r a man. Put urself in herr shoes and tell me if u ll comply. D guy is just an opportunist
Re: Nairalander's Boyfriend Wants Her To Keep Washing His Clothes. Please Advice by kccarew(f): 6:03pm On Dec 17, 2014
And o I forgot to add this... Let me ask u, where are u that he is asking u to wash for him? R u living couples lives when u aint married to him? I.e r u living together? If yes its ue fault so u av to face d consequences if no, make the guy pack him cloth go dry cleaner him no serious, but be sincere to urslf are u livuing with him pls reply me
kccarew:
Pls permit me to do this...hahahahahahahahhahahahahaha, chai na wa oo, and more ahahahahahah, babe, see I aint laughing at u oo, but at ur bf, and sorry I am laughing but I couldn't help it.

Men ur man is funny in fact he aint ur man, ur guy, if he wants u to be washing his cloth, make him marry u, then buy washing machine for u so u could do lundry with ease while u have to go to work or do other chores at home, tell him I said so.
Re: Nairalander's Boyfriend Wants Her To Keep Washing His Clothes. Please Advice by Nobody: 6:06pm On Dec 17, 2014
Wendy80:
Why shd you do his laundry for him? As what na? He's even angry about it. Better tell him to get a washing Machine for himself. A man who will marry you will definitely marry you weda u wash, scrub or mop for him or not.
I'm a prove.

Exactly!!

1 Like

Re: Nairalander's Boyfriend Wants Her To Keep Washing His Clothes. Please Advice by Nobody: 6:10pm On Dec 17, 2014
sauceny:

Either wayz,if u got married to him u still would wash his clothes....I only believe he is testing you,to see the kinda wife/mother you gon be.

Odiegu,testing indeed. A man that rily loves u won't put u thru dt kind of test. He will find a way around washing his clothes not using washing of clothes as test

There's a saying that a man will appreciate if u go out of ur way to do something for him,but he won't be d one to put u under pressure to do it

1 Like

Re: Nairalander's Boyfriend Wants Her To Keep Washing His Clothes. Please Advice by Nobody: 6:13pm On Dec 17, 2014
delors:
Listen to me sis, let him do his own laundry. You are not his wife yet, you are not his slave or househelp. Before he met you, who was doing his laundry? You?

If all you do is do his laundry every now and then, you are either jobless or you are being taken for granted. Do his laundry when and if it is convenient for you, it is not your responsibility and he should see it as a privilege not a birthright.

If you do his laundry every time, on the day u don't, he's gonna call u lazy. He can't be piling up dirty trousers and raising his shoulders expecting his darling slave to come wash his dirt off. Be wise woman, be thou wise.

Very very very well said . U get brain

2 Likes

Re: Nairalander's Boyfriend Wants Her To Keep Washing His Clothes. Please Advice by Classicalmusic: 6:16pm On Dec 17, 2014
AZeD1:

Washing and cooking signifies love? Really?
Any guy who expects his girl to wash his clothes for him just because they are dating is an a**
an assholee?Hahahahaha. Why did you say that?
Re: Nairalander's Boyfriend Wants Her To Keep Washing His Clothes. Please Advice by Nobody: 6:16pm On Dec 17, 2014
After she washes all his clothes, he will then marry somebody else that cant do any single thing for him. Hehehehe. chai! Men like this Op's boyfriend know how to use peoples' daughters as housegirls sha. Thank God say some of our ladies don wise up. LOL. Op, you better tell him to carry his clothes to dry cleaners or better still buy a washing machine. Nonsense!!

2 Likes

Re: Nairalander's Boyfriend Wants Her To Keep Washing His Clothes. Please Advice by manny4life(m): 6:33pm On Dec 17, 2014
Only on NL does love translate into washing a man's clothes. Will the man wash her clothes too? Will he cook or go to the market for her as well? A man that sees you as his slave DOES NOT love you but will eventually abuse you when you get married. I wash my own clothes or take it to the cleaners, I don't expect anyone to wash my own clothes. A woman washing a man's clothes should be a privilege NOT a right... Same as a man giving money to his gf should be privilege not a right.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nairalander's Boyfriend Wants Her To Keep Washing His Clothes. Please Advice by delishpot: 6:34pm On Dec 17, 2014
Zeemoor:
You can't wash or what?

Comming from a woman? Chei, no wonder women's lot cant improve beyound what women make their fellow women believe.

1 Like

Re: Nairalander's Boyfriend Wants Her To Keep Washing His Clothes. Please Advice by Nobody: 6:43pm On Dec 17, 2014
Say what?
delishpot:

Comming grom a woman? Chei, no wonder womens lot cant improve beyound what women make their fellow women believe.
Re: Nairalander's Boyfriend Wants Her To Keep Washing His Clothes. Please Advice by honeric01(m): 6:45pm On Dec 17, 2014
RaeMystix:

Okay sir!

Thank you for your understanding ma! cheesy

1 Like

Re: Nairalander's Boyfriend Wants Her To Keep Washing His Clothes. Please Advice by RaeMystix: 6:50pm On Dec 17, 2014
honeric01:

Thank you for your understanding ma! cheesy
You are very much welcome Sir! grin cheesy wink

1 Like

Re: Nairalander's Boyfriend Wants Her To Keep Washing His Clothes. Please Advice by honeric01(m): 6:55pm On Dec 17, 2014
freecocoa:
Ah, it's me noni o, I've been around, hanging out these days in the family section wink.

You're learning so fast.. cheesy cheesy cheesy tongue
Re: Nairalander's Boyfriend Wants Her To Keep Washing His Clothes. Please Advice by donem: 6:55pm On Dec 17, 2014
freecocoa:
I have no problems catering to my man but it becomes a problem if he starts carrying face when I don't want to do something I do or can do.

Then again OP, have you done his laundry before? Did he ask before you did it? Does he think it's a must you do it for him? If you answer yes to these questions, then your boyfriend feels entitled which isn't really a good thing, still I see no big deal in helping my man with his laundry when I want or if he politely asks.

E be like say two of una dey do power tussle sha and him wan tell you say "I'm the boss" and you kwa wan tell am say "I'm the boss of me", a relationship doesn't have to go that way, plus, you don't have to have that ring before you treat your man right.
@ Op this is my adopted comment.
Re: Nairalander's Boyfriend Wants Her To Keep Washing His Clothes. Please Advice by Emilord(m): 6:56pm On Dec 17, 2014
freecocoa:
oh! I see! Alright
Re: Nairalander's Boyfriend Wants Her To Keep Washing His Clothes. Please Advice by Pearl321(f): 6:56pm On Dec 17, 2014
What I always tell ladies: dont start what you cannot keep up with! If you start washing his clothes and he sees it as ur job, it wud be hard or impossible to stop wtout problems. I am married and my husband doesnt tell me to was his clothes like its my job! I take them and wash when I wish to help out or am washing mine. When he is less busy, he washes mine and his own too and iron them if need be. He sweeps d house when he feels to help, and even cooks most tym n tell me to relax. We wud just be romancing in d kitchen as i help him slice vegetable or grind crayfish. It makes life easier. That doesnt negate d fact that i respect myself enough to appreciate him for doing those things, but thats hw we started. In dis generation, men help women and women dnt die doing house chores.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Is It Right To Share House Chores Between Husband And Wife? Bamisepeters' Blog / Can A Husband Forgive Wife Caught In Adultery? / If Your Grandma Slaps Your Mum In Your Presence What Will You Do?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 101
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.