Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,788 members, 7,817,265 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:04 AM

Tade - The Rise Of An Activist. - Literature (22) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Tade - The Rise Of An Activist. (63378 Views)

The White Wizard By Tade Adegbindin / Tade Ipadeola Wins 2013 Nigeria Prize For Literature / <<<The Guardians: Rise of the Powers that Be>>> (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tade - The Rise Of An Activist. by loabb2(m): 8:25am On Oct 16, 2015
Nice update... I like it.
Re: Tade - The Rise Of An Activist. by rapmike(m): 9:18pm On Oct 16, 2015
Tade sighed. It has been three days since his episode with Made and it still tingles to think that Made, who had initially joined him in this crusade, did not only pull out, but is now also advising him against it. Tade started to wonder: is it against God's will to fight against injustice? Is God not a just God? Even though he was not crazy over salvation and that kind of sh*t, he knew enough to know that God did not condone injustice. So what was Made's problem? Just a bullet shot and he is afraid of death. What a lad!

On the other hand, he was happy that in his own little way, he was contributing to the fight against cultism. The highlight was the impeachment of the president, though the push against cult guys had picked momentum since then.

Meanwhile not far from campus, something was brewing up.

"Oscar, give me that semi-automatic, now!" Someone ordered.
"Trigger, no f*ck up, just arrange that guy and comot! We no want make them sabi say we show until tomorrow."

The voices so stopped and movements started as they crossed the expressway and made straight for campus

**********a*a****
"Pastor Uzo! Pastor Uzo!!"
Pastor Uzo, a 5ft3 man was quite the amiable persona, rarely ready to attend to his flock, despite the fact that he was a Part Three Sociology student. His over flogged excuse was that he was into business, which was true, it was also handy to note that h often had time for campus celebrities, even to the extent of dating some of them.

"Pastor Uzo! Abeg wait na!" Made rushed after him. Pastor Uzo, tired of being called annoyingly, turned around and gave that money doubler's smile.

"Mr Oyemade! How can I help you?" He said giving Made a soft punch.
"Pastor, Pastor Sir, I want to ask a question. Is it wrong to fight against cultism?"
"No, its not wrong. God does not condone evil and we as his children should follow his footsteps. He destroyed Sodom and Gomorrah because of their evil, sparing only Lot and his family. He destroyed Babylon because of their evil."

"We also have died and resurrected in Christ Jesus?" Made asked
"Yes."
"Why don't church folks fight against cultism then?" Made asked."Why was I discouraged from joining them?" He said, pointing to nowhere.

"Who is them?" Pastor Uzo asked
"DSM, Pacesetters, etc." That's the them am talking about. Made replied.

"They are not good role models for Christian living. Besides we are more concerned about the spiritual aspect of a person than the mere physical being."

"Is that so? Abi na because una dey fear?"

Pastor Uzo said nothing but walked away. Made, however was convinced that he had a role in fighting cultism. What his role was, remained a puzzle for him.

As he walked towards his hostel, he heard footsteps. Before he could turn in curiosity, a sharp bang occurred on his head, rendering him unconscious.

1 Like

Re: Tade - The Rise Of An Activist. by akinleye12345(m): 8:00am On Oct 17, 2015
Would really like to see how dis fight against cultism play-out,when it comes to the big dogs: sunday and co...on the other hand rapmike u been amazing so far, I just admire d way in which u carry ur audience. Do nt be deterred bro..
Re: Tade - The Rise Of An Activist. by ShowoleJesus: 9:18am On Oct 17, 2015
Keep up the good work! I cannot but appreciates this wonderful work
Re: Tade - The Rise Of An Activist. by Missmossy(f): 10:12am On Oct 17, 2015
You are doing wonderful job rapmike, thumbs up cheesy Keep it coming, Made is in for it.

2 Likes

Re: Tade - The Rise Of An Activist. by harjibolar10(m): 11:58am On Oct 17, 2015
Been long you saw me... Mr. Mike, believe me
I you have a wonderful piece of write_up here sir

Now, let the thriller continue
Re: Tade - The Rise Of An Activist. by domido(m): 7:58am On Oct 18, 2015
Ehen!!! Since u've been finding comment for encouragement,lemme say mine.

Just started reading this story for 3 days now finally am here. Mehn dis story is Sweet. Guy u try well well. More knowledge to you.
Re: Tade - The Rise Of An Activist. by Nobody: 9:07am On Oct 18, 2015
rapmike:
Tade sighed. It has been three days since his episode with Made and it still tingles to think that Made, who had initially joined him in this crusade, did not only pull out, but is now also advising him against it. Tade started to wonder: is it against God's will to fight against injustice? Is God not a just God? Even though he was not crazy over salvation and that kind of sh*t, he knew enough to know that God did not condone injustice. So what was Made's problem? Just a bullet shot and he is afraid of death. What a lad!

On the other hand, he was happy that in his own little way, he was contributing to the fight against cultism. The highlight was the impeachment of the president, though the push against cult guys had picked momentum since then.

Meanwhile not far from campus, something was brewing up.

"Oscar, give me that semi-automatic, now!" Someone ordered.
"Trigger, no f*ck up, just arrange that guy and comot! We no want make them sabi say we show until tomorrow."

The voices so stopped and movements started as they crossed the expressway and made straight for campus

**********a*a****
"Pastor Uzo! Pastor Uzo!!"
Pastor Uzo, a 5ft3 man was quite the amiable persona, rarely ready to attend to his flock, despite the fact that he was a Part Three Sociology student. His over flogged excuse was that he was into business, which was true, it was also handy to note that h often had time for campus celebrities, even to the extent of dating some of them.

"Pastor Uzo! Abeg wait na!" Made rushed after him. Pastor Uzo, tired of being called annoyingly, turned around and gave that money doubler's smile.

"Mr Oyemade! How can I help you?" He said giving Made a soft punch.
"Pastor, Pastor Sir, I want to ask a question. Is it wrong to fight against cultism?"
"No, its not wrong. God does not condone evil and we as his children should follow his footsteps. He destroyed Sodom and Gomorrah because of their evil, sparing only Lot and his family. He destroyed Babylon because of their evil."

"We also have died and resurrected in Christ Jesus?" Made asked
"Yes."
"Why don't church folks fight against cultism then?" Made asked."Why was I discouraged from joining them?" He said, pointing to nowhere.

"Who is them?" Pastor Uzo asked
"DSM, Pacesetters, etc." That's the them am talking about. Made replied.

"They are not good role models for Christian living. Besides we are more concerned about the spiritual aspect of a person than the mere physical being."

"Is that so? Abi na because una dey fear?"

Pastor Uzo said nothing but walked away. Made, however was convinced that he had a role in fighting cultism. What his role was, remained a puzzle for him.

As he walked towards his hostel, he heard footsteps. Before he could turn in curiosity, a sharp bang occurred on his head, rendering him unconscious.
Re: Tade - The Rise Of An Activist. by MhizEnkay(f): 3:19pm On Oct 18, 2015
You're in the shrine and you're shouting Jesus.
Keep up the good work, rapmike.
Re: Tade - The Rise Of An Activist. by rapmike(m): 5:07pm On Oct 18, 2015
MhizEnkay:
You're in the shrine and you're shouting Jesus.

Keep up the good work, rapmike.

Thanks and long time.....

How far?
Re: Tade - The Rise Of An Activist. by dpete1: 5:17pm On Oct 18, 2015
[quote author=SILENCER127 post=39097458][/quote]
This stupid dude just quoted every damn episode without a reason

Smh
Re: Tade - The Rise Of An Activist. by rapmike(m): 6:01pm On Oct 18, 2015
Made had gone missing for two days before Tade got wind of it.

"When last did you see him?" He asked Sodiq, one of his roommates.

"He was leaving for church sir, that's all I know. It was in the hostel."

"How do you know he was leaving for church?" Williams asked.
"He said so." Bode, another student said.
"So, he left for service and did not come back?" Dolapo, leader of the student security team asked.
Yes na! Made's roommates echoed.
"Which church is that?" Dolapo asked.
"RCCG." Bode said.
"RCF." Some other replied, resulting in a little argument on who is right.
"Stop!" Williams ordered.
He turned to Tade, Dolapo and Samuel, another student activist. "Let's go."

"See, whether we like it or not, Made was kidnapped. All we know is that its either in RCCG or RCF. As RCF holds their services in academics, BOOC to be exact and RCCG in Religious Grounds, let's split. I suspect RCCG but let's go in both directions to be sure. Tade, you and Williams should check around RCCG while I and Sammy check the road to RCF."

They all agreed, so Tade and Williams left ETF and headed towards to RCCG.
Do you know who may have done this? Williams asked Tade, who shook his head in a slightly confused manner.
"You are sure? I mean, in your conversations with him, he should have leaked something out."
"Not at all. Tade replied. He is a church person and I don't think anyone in particular or generally was after him. I heard he was loved by the church members. Who would want to touch a servant of God?"

"Dunnno." Tade said as they got to IGI building,located on the outskirts of the Sports Complex.

"In fact the kind of person Made is, nobody should be after him, what's that?" Tade ran towards a bushy area, sighting an identity card.

"This is Made's own card." Tade said, turning to face Williams, only to see him flat on the ground.

"Will....." Tade's call was cut short as a bulky guy hit him on the back of the head with a huge log of wood.

The bulky guy raised a phone and made a call.

"Kareem, we have Tade."

Dotun stared at the two guests he had. He had heard a lot about Kareem, so to see a slightly lean (according to his estimates) and not too muscular figure baffled him. Well, himself was not too muscular either, so it was fitting to have both of them with similar stature. Kareem was taller though.

The former Student Union President was trying hard to impress Dotun, but he was failing impressively. To try and impress Dotun was quite hard, especially trying to use your persona. Dotun had seen too many important guys that he will be swayed by a mere SUG President.

"We have met your assistant and he said you were not interested, that both of you are not interested in our proposition." The Student Union President said.

"So what are you doing here?" Dotun asked

"You should have respect for personalities." Kareem said, quietly confident. "You should know that for me to be here, its not mere shenanigans."
"I should believe so, but my assistant has ears for good jobs and he can act independently, so for him not to act is tellingly on your job." Dotun replied.

"Well, maybe he does not have ears for an excellent job." The ex-SUG president said.

"Okay, what is it then? If its has anything to do with students am not interested."

"Why are you not interested? "

"That is because its beneath me. Student cult groups, Student politics, all is beneath me. Right now, I am a highly sought after assassin. I and Sunday have chosen our paths and we are not considering going back, even for a second."

The SUG President wanted to speak, but Kareem held him back. "I hope that you don't regret it." Kareem said.

"No, I won't."

1 Like

Re: Tade - The Rise Of An Activist. by MhizEnkay(f): 7:24pm On Oct 18, 2015
rapmike:

Thanks and long time.....
How far?
Aal izz well. how are things with you?
Re: Tade - The Rise Of An Activist. by rapmike(m): 7:52pm On Oct 18, 2015
MhizEnkay:

Aal izz well. how are things with you?
I dey jare... Just trying.
Re: Tade - The Rise Of An Activist. by MhizEnkay(f): 8:05pm On Oct 18, 2015
rapmike:

I dey jare... Just trying.
well done oh jare
Re: Tade - The Rise Of An Activist. by domido(m): 10:00pm On Oct 18, 2015
Yes!!!!! One thing I observe about our story is that it has too many Characters that at a point I don't seem to remember what this character is. Pls try n do something about it. Like trying to refresh our memory who a character is in Parentheses. God bless bro.
Re: Tade - The Rise Of An Activist. by rapmike(m): 12:03am On Oct 19, 2015
domido:
Yes!!!!! One thing I observe about our story is that it has too many Characters that at a point I don't seem to remember what this character is. Pls try n do something about it. Like trying to refresh our memory who a character is in Parentheses. God bless bro.

Well, many of the characters are minor. For the main characters, they are not more than ten and they keep occurring in the story.

The story is almost rounding up so am not sure if I can start explaining each character in Parentheses. Thanks for the suggestion anyway.
Re: Tade - The Rise Of An Activist. by domido(m): 7:55am On Oct 19, 2015
rapmike:

Well, many of the characters are minor. For the main characters, they are not more than ten and they keep occurring in the story.

The story is almost rounding up so am not sure if I can start explaining each character in Parentheses. Thanks for the suggestion anyway.
Aiit, no p,I'll try.
Re: Tade - The Rise Of An Activist. by Igwoh: 10:15am On Oct 19, 2015
Following
Re: Tade - The Rise Of An Activist. by Lyoncrescent: 11:35am On Oct 19, 2015
Following. Still wondering how dotun and sunday will die
Re: Tade - The Rise Of An Activist. by rapmike(m): 1:33pm On Oct 19, 2015
Lyoncrescent:
Following. Still wondering how dotun and sunday will die

They won't die at the end of this part of the story.
Re: Tade - The Rise Of An Activist. by rapmike(m): 9:31pm On Oct 19, 2015
Kike ran towards Sports Hall, sweating profusely. She had just seen two men, hefty as f*ck and very mobile carrying two young people on their shoulders. What caught her eyes however, was the shining nature of their cutlasses, so sharpened that they resembled small knives used for killing cows.

She was lucky that she hid inside the bush just before they advanced towards her, so she could watch them as they entered into another part of the bush.

"Taaanaaa! Taaaanaa!!" Her phone started to ring, giving her away.

"Who is there?" One of the men spoke, dropping the body on the ground.
"Oscar, we no get time for play, make we dey waka."
"No be nonsense jare, I dey hear noise."
"If we waste am here......"
"If person find us here nko? Oscar replied. Oya, see that light."
Trigger looked at the direction that Oscar pointed at and sure enough, there was a light coming from the other end, probably from a phone.
That piece of evidence forced Trigger to drop his load and check out the phone.
They walked cautiously until they were sure that they were the only ones around, then they moved swiftly towards the phone, picked the phone and observed it for a second before dropping it.

Kike had shook up in fright as her phone rang. She did not expect her phone to be switched on, not to talk of ringing. She had hoped the person had not sent her to her death.
She watched them turned and with horror, saw one of them move drop his body and move towards her. However, he stopped after a few steps, a complete relief to her. However she had a feeling that she may stretch her luck too far if she continued.
So she dropped her phone, snuck out and moved slowly until she was some good meters ahead of them. Then she started to run. Run hard.
Re: Tade - The Rise Of An Activist. by rapmike(m): 6:44am On Oct 20, 2015
She ran hard until she stopped at Sports Hall.

"Hey, what's wrong with you?"The male porter asked her, concern written over his face. Kike ignored him and ran to Room 112, Block W. To the excos room.

"Please I want to see Judith!" She kept saying while knocking, disturbing the whole block.

"What's it?" Judith, the hall president asked.

"I see cult guys! I see cult guys!! I see..m..." Kike said, panting and pointing her hands everywhere.

"Lady, take it easy." She said, dragging Kike inside.

Once inside, Kike calmed down and told her everything that happened.

Judith quickly called Dolapo and within five minutes, he was in the hostel, listening to a shocked Kike's explanation.
"Don't worry, I know what to do."

Kike ran from there and went to Moremi,burst into the hall and went straight for her church excos room.

As she got there, she narrated her ordeal with her church president who was called Peace, but she included an important detail.

"When I was running, I saw Bro Made's Identity card."

"How do you know it was his own?"
She brought out the card.

"Ah! So you waited long enough to carry his card!" The roommates shouted.
"No, it was just hanging, so I snatched it."

"Aunty Peace, please let's pray for him, I feel that they want to kill him."
"Hmnn, Kike, wait here."
Peace walked out for what seemed like a minute and came back.
"I called to Holy Ghost Fire Prayer team. Let's meet them at White Wall now!"

Peace and Kike then stormed out to Sports complex, specifically White Wall.

1 Like

Re: Tade - The Rise Of An Activist. by vickkydgreat(m): 6:23am On Oct 21, 2015
Kudos to you master rapmike.. You are getting somewere with this but come and update for us o..

And while waiting for update the people here can please help me take a look at my new work on nairaland here"KUTANA THE GREAT..crisizm,encourage ar all expected with comments tank u all"
Re: Tade - The Rise Of An Activist. by rapmike(m): 8:56am On Oct 21, 2015
Good morning all.

Sorry for the slight delay in updates, its because the story is drawing to a close and I intend to finish it in about 4-6 updates. So am wrapping my head round it and writing down the closing pages.

However, 'Tade' as a book is a trilogy, meaning that I will write three books on the character Tade. So despite the fact that 'Tade- the rise of an activist' ends soon, the whole story will still continue at a latter date. Thanks for the time used in reading and commenting.

2 Likes

Re: Tade - The Rise Of An Activist. by JigsawKillah(m): 11:54am On Oct 21, 2015
Ride On, Boss
Re: Tade - The Rise Of An Activist. by domido(m): 9:31am On Oct 22, 2015
Okay!! Aiit.
Re: Tade - The Rise Of An Activist. by rapmike(m): 6:47am On Oct 23, 2015
Tade woke up suddenly, alerted by the sudden flow of water on his face. As he tried to survey the area, he realized that it was unusually dark and that he was bound.

"He is awake." He heard from somewhere in front of him. The earnest darkness helped to shield the identity of the speaker.

"Make we drag am jare." Another voice said and soon enough, hands held him to pull him up. As he thought of at least offering some resistance, he casted it out of his mind because he thought of being beaten up and did not like that thought. Moreover her wanted to know where he was going to and what happened.

Soon enough, he felt some warmth, which was a sign that he was at least near fire, yet it was still as black as before. It was then that it occurred to him that he was blindfolded. How he failed to realize that was a mystery to him, although he now remembered that he was knocked out and kidnapped, probably with Williams.

Rustles were heard around him as some burdens seemed to be dropped quickly. He moved his head in a bid to see who it was and cursed the person that blindfolded him.

Suddenly different chants was been heard from a distance, slowly filling the air and making Tade to cringe. It was cult members, he realized and he knew it meant something bad to him.

It meant trouble.
Re: Tade - The Rise Of An Activist. by vickkydgreat(m): 7:49am On Oct 23, 2015
Wahala things for you oo tade, i pray you survive unlike your brother..
Weldone rapmike
Re: Tade - The Rise Of An Activist. by rapmike(m): 8:21am On Oct 23, 2015
"Remove that thing comot their faces!" The blindfolds were removed and Tade could see that he was in the midst of students activists, who were bound like him. He could see that Williams was among the bound students, but was surprised to see Made and Korede among them since they were not involved in union activities.

He surveyed the environment and notice he was in a big clearing, big enough to host a party. The thicket around him made him think that it must be in a deep part of a forest, surely outside OAU and probably beyond Ife.

Turning to the front, Tade could see a lot of cult members, so many that he could not count them. His rough estimate gave a cult strength of about 300-400, though that estimate was understandably inflated. They were quite young, probably newbies brandishing cutlasses, although a few of them were with hand-held guns.

They stopped stopped the chants and their leaders came to the fore, Tade looking out for Dotun but surprised not to see him or any of the others that he knew.

"So these are the ants that you could not deal with alone?" Kareem asked, looking at the bound students.

"Who is Tade among them?" He asked, forcing a couple of hisses and hateful kind of murmur. Tade concluded that as one of the faces against student cultism, his name was not liked around here.

"Who is Tade?" Kareem asked a second time, facing Taiwo who immediately pointed at him.

Kareem walked forward, making Tade to guess what he wanted.

Twack! Tade's ears started to ring like door bells that have lost control and were ringing endlessly. Despite the sting of the slap, Tade remained resolute, something which forced a leering smile from Kareem.

"This guy get liver gan!" Kareem stated. Then facing Tade, he looked at him squarely in the eye.

"Do you know who I am?"

1 Like

Re: Tade - The Rise Of An Activist. by rapmike(m): 8:23am On Oct 23, 2015
vickkydgreat:
Wahala things for you oo tade, i pray you survive unlike your brother..

Weldone rapmike

Thanks.
Re: Tade - The Rise Of An Activist. by JigsawKillah(m): 12:11pm On Oct 23, 2015
Oga Come and update na

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (Reply)

Chimamanda Adichie: I Stopped Attending Catholic Churches In Nigeria Because ... / Twist Of Fate. / TORN (based On A True Life Story)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 111
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.