Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,788 members, 7,817,270 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:12 AM

Tade - The Rise Of An Activist. - Literature (23) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Tade - The Rise Of An Activist. (63379 Views)

The White Wizard By Tade Adegbindin / Tade Ipadeola Wins 2013 Nigeria Prize For Literature / <<<The Guardians: Rise of the Powers that Be>>> (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tade - The Rise Of An Activist. by Igwoh: 10:06pm On Oct 23, 2015
Following at ur back
Re: Tade - The Rise Of An Activist. by rapmike(m): 5:53am On Oct 24, 2015
Tade looked at him nonchalantly, completely ignoring what he had to say. This action irritated the other cult members, who shouted and hit their cutlass on the ground. Taiwo had to physically restrain some, giving one particularly stubborn one a slap.

"I am Kareem a.k.a Lightening."

As soon as Tade heard his name, his face contorted in anger, even rising up in anger despite him being bound and bumping Kareem on his head before falling down.

Everyone was quiet for a second, shell-shocked with utmost bewilderment. Then Kareem began to laugh.

"You see. He turned to the other cult members. This young worm used to have an elder brother in this school. He challenged me and I taught him a lesson, ending his life. Now this one will go the same way, to serve as a lesson to all those students who think they can stand against us."

Tade struggled to stand up all this while, Kareem conveniently ignoring him. When he was done, Kareem lifted Tade up and offered him a choke-slap, forcing him to cough and collapse.

"You mad ni? Where do yiu think you are? You are bold and reckless, just like that brother of yours."

Made, who was quiet all through, suddenly found his voice. "Bros, abeg wetin I do wey I find myself for here?" A slap quickly found its way to his cheek, shutting him up.

"You dey mad? Who ask you?" Cult members, not over 25 years, started to ask him.

Kareem looked at him with some anger, but ignored him.

"Arrange them on a line now, let's send them in military fashion."

Quickly, they were all arranged. Kareem walked to the back, returned with a dozen set of guns. He then gave each gun to some guys, taking one for himself.

"Okay, take positions!"

At this point, Tade started to reflect on what kind of life he had lived and what he had done so far. He thought about making a difference but this was not the way he thought it would end.

Meanwhile, some 30 kilometers away, some fervent prayers were going on.

"Ah God! Deliver Brother Oyemade from evil! Any plans by the enemy to destroy his life shall be in vain!"

"Sister Nike! Precious said with an air of authority. The Spirit of God showed me that Brother Made's life is in serious danger! Let's intensify our prayers!"

The atmosphere suddenly increased as their hearts connected to a common cause.

A common cause who was about to extinguish.

"Oya make we set." Kareem shouted. All those with a gun then positioned themselves properly.

Pow! As the guns were fired, Tade fell face down.
Re: Tade - The Rise Of An Activist. by vickkydgreat(m): 6:09am On Oct 24, 2015
chai....thrre is God ooooooooo
Re: Tade - The Rise Of An Activist. by Lyoncrescent: 9:08am On Oct 24, 2015
Great story.
Re: Tade - The Rise Of An Activist. by Jackossky(m): 10:16am On Oct 24, 2015
Nice write up

I swear this guy deserves a laptop
Re: Tade - The Rise Of An Activist. by JigsawKillah(m): 10:19am On Oct 24, 2015
Rapmike. . .abeg make the updates longer na
Re: Tade - The Rise Of An Activist. by rapmike(m): 11:32am On Oct 24, 2015
Jackossky:
Nice write up
I swear this guy deserves a laptop
I really need one... Will you give me?
Re: Tade - The Rise Of An Activist. by Ipheyemmy01(m): 12:24pm On Oct 24, 2015
Good work bro. Keep it up.
Re: Tade - The Rise Of An Activist. by rapmike(m): 7:39am On Oct 25, 2015
He expected to die immediately, but could still feel himself. His fear tried to delude him that it was a body shot and that he will bleed to death. However, he started hearing gunfire, a lot of gun fire and running feet. He opened his eyes and looked in bewilderment.

Kareem was on the floor, dead! Cult guys were either dropping dead or fighting back whoever it was firing at them, with a few others running away. For people that were supposed to be killed, the cult members were acting as a good shield against stray bullets.

He looked around as he saw that all of them that Kareem had planned to murder were alive, some of them squirming around trying to get away from the gun-fight.

Soon enough, the remaining cult guys made a run for it, while their opponents from the other side, who were a mixture of policemen and students, charged forward.

"What happened? How did you find us?" Tade asked Dolapo, who as the Chief Security Officer was cutting them loose and freeing them all.

"It was a lady who saw them carry any two of you." Dolapo explained,using his gaze to signify that he did not know which exact two. "She came to Akintola Hall and explained to the Hall Chairman, who then called me. I then gathered guys and made a call to the AIG, who then set the police in motion." He said, smiling.

"It did not take that long before we found you guys and we attacked just before they pulled the trigger. We were lucky that some of them die immediately." Dolapo concluded the conversation.

Tade stood up and looked at Kareem. After all this while, killing people and feeling invincible, it took one bullet to kill him. All around him were littered with bodies, bodies of people 'loyal' to him. As he walked past them, still shocked and almost petrified, he concluded that God was with him at that hour.

His thoughts were interrupted by Made, who had rushed to hug him in happiness. That move reminded Tade that it was not only the dead that surrounded him. Made, Williams and the other chanted up the Great Ife Anthem.

That was a sign of Victory.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tade - The Rise Of An Activist. by rapmike(m): 7:43am On Oct 25, 2015
The next update will be my last one, as this part of the story ends there. So stay tuned, it may drop today!
Re: Tade - The Rise Of An Activist. by Igwoh: 7:46am On Oct 25, 2015
Wao so this is it

1 Like

Re: Tade - The Rise Of An Activist. by myndd(m): 11:09pm On Oct 26, 2015
Zizen Great Ife anthem I dy gbadun u
Re: Tade - The Rise Of An Activist. by JigsawKillah(m): 11:31pm On Oct 26, 2015
There's a part 2?
Re: Tade - The Rise Of An Activist. by rapmike(m): 8:57am On Oct 27, 2015
Sorry for not dropping any updates since. I have not been feeling that well; it comes and goes so I want to first recover to an extent (which am recovering already).

Let's see what happens today.
Re: Tade - The Rise Of An Activist. by Babysuccess02(f): 5:58pm On Oct 27, 2015
Eva since i signed on 2 nairaland, ur story is 1 of the best i hv encountered. Nice work rapmike
Re: Tade - The Rise Of An Activist. by Igwoh: 4:03pm On Oct 28, 2015
Eyaaaa! Get well soon @rapmike
Re: Tade - The Rise Of An Activist. by nellyme(f): 4:11pm On Oct 28, 2015
Get well soon rapmike.
Re: Tade - The Rise Of An Activist. by rapmike(m): 11:37am On Oct 29, 2015
Epilogue.

A year and a half later.

The sun shone with vengeful radiance, forcing people to move more quickly to their destinations. As a matter of fact, today was very hot in Ife, and it was not different at the campus.

Tade walked as fast as possible to his father's car, where Salisu will ever be waiting. His load was not much, yet he moved slower than possible as he reminisced all that he had experienced.

He got to the car, only to see an unfamiliar face. He almost thought he missed it and was about looking for his 'car', when he heard his dad calling him from the back.

Tade! Tade!! Come here! His father called out with an authoritative voice, embarrassing Tade a bit since he was already a graduate.

Tade turned and looked at the car again and as he predicted, his dad's head popped out of the window, giving him orders.

Oh Lord! Which kin thing be this na? He thought as he walked back to the car. He looked around and was grateful that none of his coursemates were around to see this.

As he walked to the boot and kept his luggage, his father stepped out of his car.

So five years in Ife and you can't recognize your father's car, ehn? Wale asked as if he was in suspense.

Tade looked at him with a slight frown. "Am sorry sir, I thought I will see Salisu as the driver. Who is this man?"

"That's Bode, Salisu's brother." The older man said before explaining what has been happening.

"Salisu is in the university! And Mechanical Engineering for that matter! How did that happen?"

"You know how funny northern universities, though he scored high enough to make it to A.B.U, Zaria which is a good school for all I hear." Wale concluded. "I wish him success anyway, since it seems that he had been planning it for long. Let start going."

As the car zoomed off, Tade looked at the scenery of OAU for the last time and smiled. Its time to move to the next level.

The end.

5 Likes

Re: Tade - The Rise Of An Activist. by rapmike(m): 11:38am On Oct 29, 2015
nellyme:
Get well soon rapmike.
Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Tade - The Rise Of An Activist. by rapmike(m): 11:39am On Oct 29, 2015
Babysuccess02:
Eva since i signed on 2 nairaland, ur story is 1 of the best i hv encountered. Nice work rapmike

Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Tade - The Rise Of An Activist. by rapmike(m): 11:47am On Oct 29, 2015
I thank all those who have in one way or the other contributed to this by commenting or giving likes or shares. I can't remember all my fans but I love you all and I appreciate your coming and commenting and all.

Cc:
Larrysun
MissMossy
Nellyme
JigsawKillah
Odumaiye
Igwoh
Repogirl
Babysuccess
Jackossky
Akinleye(sorry I don't remember the full username)
Kingphillip
And all others I can't remember their name.

This part of the story has ended, though I don't know when I will start the second part.

I will take a break and watch others for now, can't say when I will return to write again.

Thanks again for your comments, patience and every other commitment you showed to this story.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tade - The Rise Of An Activist. by vickkydgreat(m): 12:19pm On Oct 29, 2015
This story don end at last welldone bross rapmike hope you are well now? we await your return
Re: Tade - The Rise Of An Activist. by Mercyesse(f): 3:28pm On Oct 29, 2015
Wow,nyc ending. Bravo
Re: Tade - The Rise Of An Activist. by Niwdog(m): 7:04pm On Oct 30, 2015
Nice storyline and thanks for completin the story
Re: Tade - The Rise Of An Activist. by Igwoh: 12:00pm On Oct 31, 2015
Well done @ rapmike it wasnt easy though, bt i really thankgod for u and for keeping u safe through the good and bad times. But don't forget we are always at ur back to encourage and keep u company. Bros i really envied ur talent o!
Re: Tade - The Rise Of An Activist. by obumsway(m): 10:26am On Nov 01, 2015
You are too good with this story, waiting for more ........ From you !!
Re: Tade - The Rise Of An Activist. by nellyme(f): 11:30am On Nov 01, 2015
Thanks rapmike for sharing this wonderful story.
Re: Tade - The Rise Of An Activist. by virtuedagirl(f): 11:06am On Nov 02, 2015
Wow!started yesterday& i'm done reading this 1erful piece. It's such an interesting story wit lots of lessons in it,God bless u rapmike 4 sharing, thumbs up man&more inspirations 2 u. Alway follow dat voice carrying in d inside of u dats alway what u existed 2 do,in it is ur fulfilment,were there is a will there is always a way.
Re: Tade - The Rise Of An Activist. by michaelmo11(m): 3:19pm On Nov 02, 2015
Keep it up, rapmike
Re: Tade - The Rise Of An Activist. by kingphilip(m): 10:42am On Nov 10, 2015
princesssusan:

I have all d soft copies but dunno how to share truh here
pm me all the soft copies of the E. LET grey
Re: Tade - The Rise Of An Activist. by princesssusan(f): 10:09pm On Nov 11, 2015
kingphilip:
pm me all the soft copies of the E. LET grey

A command
Re: Tade - The Rise Of An Activist. by MhizEnkay(f): 5:18pm On Nov 12, 2015
Its beautiful. Thanks for sharing.

(1) (2) (3) ... (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (Reply)

Chimamanda Adichie: I Stopped Attending Catholic Churches In Nigeria Because ... / Twist Of Fate. / TORN (based On A True Life Story)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.