Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,464 members, 7,816,088 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:50 AM

How Did God Harden Pharaoh's Heart? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Did God Harden Pharaoh's Heart? (5815 Views)

SERMON JOTTERS: Confronting Your Pharaoh- D.K Olukoya (Sunday Service-29-MARCH-) / Reason God Hardened Pharaoh's Heart To Send His Army After Israelites. / Why Did God Harden Pharaoh's Heart, Hence Making Him Look Like A Bad Person? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Did God Harden Pharaoh's Heart? by Recognise: 4:25pm On Dec 07, 2008
deleted
Re: How Did God Harden Pharaoh's Heart? by Chrisbenogor(m): 4:50pm On Dec 07, 2008
Very simple, God made him stubborn, there was no way he was going to let people go no matter the signs he saw, God needed to show him and the whole world that he was God and can do whatever he likes including killing innocent first borns.
God wanted to show his powers, he was the puppet master, Moses was his stage manager.
Re: How Did God Harden Pharaoh's Heart? by AdamBrody1(m): 5:13pm On Dec 07, 2008
There was nothing pharoah could do to change his mind. So much for the free will christian apologists keep on saying that god gave men! For him to have DELIBRATELY harden pharoah's heart, he wanted to destroy him without remorse. All the show offs by Moses was just unecessary efizzi to kill people and children when Pharoah had no hand in negotiating or trying to stop the wanton madness of moses. Pharoah was virtually a statue and Moses was just a killing machine on behalf of god.
Re: How Did God Harden Pharaoh's Heart? by Chrisbenogor(m): 5:44pm On Dec 07, 2008
If only moses had access to B 52 bombers and F 16's or just maybe apache helicopters the carnage would not have been able to enter history books.
Re: How Did God Harden Pharaoh's Heart? by Recognise: 6:42pm On Dec 07, 2008
deleted
Re: How Did God Harden Pharaoh's Heart? by AdamBrody1(m): 8:53pm On Dec 07, 2008
@Chrisbenogor and @Adam Brody

Thanks for the sarcasm(s) and satire

- Don't quit the day jobs yet guys

- Chris Rock can be rest assured there is no competition and his career is safe J 

Thank you! Don't Mention!  grin

We are glad to be of service to pick holes in the bible!

24 hours we are at your service. The good thing about our services is that it is free!
Re: How Did God Harden Pharaoh's Heart? by Okijajuju1(m): 9:09pm On Dec 07, 2008
I am so glad Recognise has asked a very beautiful question.

Question; Why did God hardnen Pharoahs Heart??

Answer 1; To have an excuse for the genocide which he wanted to carry out on the Egyptians.

Scriptures; Exodus 3:17-20

Exodus 3:17-20

17 And I have said, I will bring you up out of the affliction of Egypt unto the land of the Canaanites, and the Hittites, and the Amorites, and the Perizzites, and the Hivites, and the Jebusites, unto a land flowing with milk and honey.

18 And they shall hearken to thy voice: and thou shalt come, thou and the elders of Israel, unto the king of Egypt, and ye shall say unto him, The LORD God of the Hebrews hath met with us: and now let us go, we beseech thee, three days' journey into the wilderness, that we may sacrifice to the LORD our God.

19 And I am sure that the king of Egypt will not let you go, no, not by a mighty hand.
20 And I will stretch out my hand, and smite Egypt with all my wonders which I will do in the midst thereof: and after that he will let you go.
KJV

COMMENTARY;
From the scriptures above, you can clearly see that he already knew that Pharoah was not going to let them go even if Moses asked, so he prepared the carnage he was going to rain on their land. In modern Law, its called "premeditated Genocide/murders".

Answer;  Exodus 3: 19

Exodus 3:19

19 And I am sure that the king of Egypt will not let you go, no, not by a mighty hand.
KJV

Question; Could Pharoah have been blamed for his decision to stop the Isrealites from leaving??

Answer; No. Now from the above passage, one could have reasoned that naturally, Pharoah would not let them go just by Moses asking. God knew this, but he took extra precaution to make sure that pharoah would not change his mind so as to have a reason to continue maiming and destroying the land that had once saved "His People" from starving to death and being wiped off the earth.

Scriptures; Exodus 4:21

Exodus 4:21

21 And the LORD said unto Moses, When thou goest to return into Egypt, see that thou do all those wonders before Pharaoh, which I have put in thine hand: but I will harden his heart, that he shall not let the people go.
KJV

Commentary; You can see clearly here that Pharoah was deduced to a puppet. It's like mind control. His heart was Hardned by God. He was not going to let the Isrealis go not while he was under God's spell, even if they had killed all of Egypt. And we can see the reason why he did it from these passages;

Ex 7:3-5

3 And I will harden Pharaoh's heart, and multiply my signs and my wonders in the land of Egypt.

4 But Pharaoh shall not hearken unto you, that I may lay my hand upon Egypt, and bring forth mine armies, and my people the children of Israel, out of the land of Egypt by great judgments.

5 And the Egyptians shall know that I am the LORD, when I stretch forth mine hand upon Egypt, and bring out the children of Israel from among them.
KJV

Keypoints; And multiply my signs and wonders in the land of Egypt.
                  That I may lay my hands upon Egpyt.
                  Bring forth my people out of the land by "GREAT JUDGEMENT".
                  And the Egyptians may know that I am lord.

Question; Was it Gods intention to wipe out the Isrealis??

Answer; Yes

Scriptures;  Joshua 11:20

Joshua 11:20

For it was of the LORD to harden their hearts, that they should come against Israel in battle, that he might destroy them utterly, and that they might have no favour, but that he might destroy them, as the LORD commanded Moses.
KJV

Commentary; This is prtty self explanatory. The Isrealites exodus was a divine genocide, masterminded by God himself.

Exodus 14: 4-6

Exodus 14:4-6

4 And I will harden Pharaoh's heart, that he shall follow after them; and I will be honoured upon Pharaoh, and upon all his host; that the Egyptians may know that I am the LORD. And they did so.

5 And it was told the king of Egypt that the people fled: and the heart of Pharaoh and of his servants was turned against the people, and they said, Why have we done this, that we have let Israel go from serving us?

6 And he made ready his chariot, and took his people with him:
KJV

Commentary; Now one would have tought that killing the Egyptian first-borns would have quelled any mans blood thirst, but Nope, we are not dealing with Man in this case. This is the warth of the all loving and merciful God, It takes more that the blood on first-borns to pacify him. SO he hardens the mind of pharoah even more and makes him send his people to their impending death in the Red Sea. This can be seen from these passages;

Exodus 14:23-30

23 And the Egyptians pursued, and went in after them to the midst of the sea, even all Pharaoh's horses, his chariots, and his horsemen.

24 And it came to pass, that in the morning watch the LORD looked unto the host of the Egyptians through the pillar of fire and of the cloud, and troubled the host of the Egyptians,

25 And took off their chariot wheels, that they drave them heavily: so that the Egyptians said, Let us flee from the face of Israel; for the LORD fighteth for them against the Egyptians.

26 And the LORD said unto Moses, Stretch out thine hand over the sea, that the waters may come again upon the Egyptians, upon their chariots, and upon their horsemen.

27 And Moses stretched forth his hand over the sea, and the sea returned to his strength when the morning appeared; and the Egyptians fled against it; and the LORD overthrew the Egyptians in the midst of the sea.

28 And the waters returned, and covered the chariots, and the horsemen, and all the host of Pharaoh that came into the sea after them; there remained not so much as one of them.

29 But the children of Israel walked upon dry land in the midst of the sea; and the waters were a wall unto them on their right hand, and on their left.

KJV

Keypoints;  And the LORD said unto Moses, Stretch out thine hand over the sea, that the waters may come again upon the Egyptians, upon their chariots, and upon their horsemen.   

Question; What did God hope to achieve from this senseless carnage/massacre??

Answer; Power through Fear. If he could impress the Isrealis with the death of the Egyptians, they would fear him and be in total obiedience of his commandments.

Scripture; Exodus 14:31

Exodus 14: 31
31 And Israel saw that great work which the LORD did upon the Egyptians: and the people feared the LORD, and believed the LORD, and his servant Moses.
KJV

I hope I have managed to answer this question as concisely as possible.
Re: How Did God Harden Pharaoh's Heart? by AdamBrody1(m): 10:21pm On Dec 07, 2008
Okija_juju:

I am so glad Recognise has asked a very beautiful question.

Question; Why did God hardnen Pharoahs Heart??

Answer 1; To have an excuse for the genocide which he wanted to carry out on the Egyptians.

Scriptures; Exodus 3:17-20

COMMENTARY;
From the scriptures above, you can clearly see that he already knew that Pharoah was not going to let them go even if Moses asked, so he prepared the carnage he was going to rain on their land. In modern Law, its called "premeditated Genocide/murders".

Answer; Exodus 3: 19

Question; Could Pharoah have been blamed for his decision to stop the Isrealites from leaving??

Answer; No. Now from the above passage, one could have reasoned that naturally, Pharoah would not let them go just by Moses asking. God knew this, but he took extra precaution to make sure that pharoah would not change his mind so as to have a reason to continue maiming and destroying the land that had once saved "His People" from starving to death and being wiped off the earth.

Scriptures; Exodus 4:21

Commentary; You can see clearly here that Pharoah was deduced to a puppet. It's like mind control. His heart was Hardned by God. He was not going to let the Isrealis go not while he was under God's spell, even if they had killed all of Egypt. And we can see the reason why he did it from these passages;

Keypoints; And multiply my signs and wonders in the land of Egypt.
That I may lay my hands upon Egpyt.
Bring forth my people out of the land by "GREAT JUDGEMENT".
And the Egyptians may know that I am lord.

Question; Was it Gods intention to wipe out the Isrealis??

Answer; Yes

Scriptures; Joshua 11:20

Commentary; This is prtty self explanatory. The Isrealites exodus was a divine genocide, masterminded by God himself.

Exodus 14: 4-6

Commentary; Now one would have tought that killing the Egyptian first-borns would have quelled any mans blood thirst, but Nope, we are not dealing with Man in this case. This is the warth of the all loving and merciful God, It takes more that the blood on first-borns to pacify him. SO he hardens the mind of pharoah even more and makes him send his people to their impending death in the Red Sea. This can be seen from these passages;

Keypoints; And the LORD said unto Moses, Stretch out thine hand over the sea, that the waters may come again upon the Egyptians, upon their chariots, and upon their horsemen.

Question; What did God hope to achieve from this senseless carnage/massacre??

Answer; Power through Fear. If he could impress the Isrealis with the death of the Egyptians, they would fear him and be in total obiedience of his commandments.

Scripture; Exodus 14:31

I hope I have managed to answer this question as concisely as possible.

Bros you harsh o! See as you de knack the head of christians like this

Re: How Did God Harden Pharaoh's Heart? by Chrisbenogor(m): 10:51pm On Dec 07, 2008
@recognise
See e get one warri proverb wey say small pikin wey wan get bald head na headache go kill am.
Shebi my oga okija don answer you now.
Chris Rock no reach na, I go die na im person dey aim towards na wa for you oh. smiley
Re: How Did God Harden Pharaoh's Heart? by Okijajuju1(m): 10:59pm On Dec 07, 2008
Chrisbenogor:

@recognise
See e get one warri proverb wey say small pikin wey wan get bald head na headache go kill am.
Shebi my oga okija don answer you now.
Chris Rock no reach na, I go die na I'm person dey aim towards na wa for you oh. smiley

Na me be this??
Bros I dey hail you back. Na you be the chairman for this territory o!!
NA I go die you aim?? Na Okey Bakassi me I dey target o!!
No mind recognise. How ehn go dey ask question wey even pikin for sunday school already sabi.
Re: How Did God Harden Pharaoh's Heart? by Recognise: 11:08pm On Dec 07, 2008
deleted
Re: How Did God Harden Pharaoh's Heart? by Okijajuju1(m): 11:23pm On Dec 07, 2008
@ Recognise

Now you are just trying to be a smartass.

How did God harden Pharoah's heart?? How about How did God turn Lot's wife to a pillar of salt, or how did Jesus feed the multitude with 5 bread and two Fishes, or how did Jesus turn water to wine or How did Jonah survive in the belly of the whale, or how did Noah manage to build an Ark of that size with the technology and tools avaliable to him at that time??

When you say you have a hardened heart what does it mean?? When you are called a hardened criminal what des that mean??
How else would God have hardened Pharoahs mind??

Remember that according to the book of  Proverb 21:1

Proverb 21: 1

21:1 The king's heart is in the hand of the LORD, as the rivers of water: he turneth it whithersoever he will.
KJV

So there you have it, the answer to how did God harden Pharoahs heart.

Got you, didnt I   grin
Re: How Did God Harden Pharaoh's Heart? by AdamBrody1(m): 11:38pm On Dec 07, 2008
@recognise

Ok smart alec, we were all pulling yor legs but i think you really want to get nasty and we love a nasty COMIC dog fight!

Ok the question was"How did god harden Pharoah's heart"

Hmm, let me see; There could be possible explanations using god as a reference in respect of his physical actions in the bibe:

1. God said he removed a bone from Adam to create Eve! Maybe he removed a bone from Eve and used it to plank Pharoah's heart since he has a doctorate degree in Bone-ology and cloning or

2. May be he opened his big fat lips and recited some mumbo jumbo and harden pharoah's heart, remember he used this same skill to turn Lot's wife into salt, so the big fat lip gibberish could be an option or

3. Maybe he came down from heaven to have a smoke with Pharoah and didnt tell pharoah that the weed he was offering him had the capacity to cause the arteries to clot the valves in his heart hereby hardenen the heart due to the over dose of nicotine! Remember god is a god of fire and smoke and he revels in burnt offerings, so that could be an option too.

I think that's how his heart was hardened. What do you think since the question is more of HOW and not WHY[b][/b]! grin
Re: How Did God Harden Pharaoh's Heart? by Recognise: 12:21am On Dec 08, 2008
deleted
Re: How Did God Harden Pharaoh's Heart? by Image123(m): 12:23am On Dec 08, 2008
@recognise
thanks I saw your reply on Magdalene.
I'm not exactly sure on your question but I think you can check up Romans9. It could be of help.If not,you may need to be clearer with your question.blessings
Re: How Did God Harden Pharaoh's Heart? by Okijajuju1(m): 12:32am On Dec 08, 2008
@ Recognise

Thank you very much.

I rest my case. Have a good week ahead. grin
Re: How Did God Harden Pharaoh's Heart? by Chrisbenogor(m): 12:38am On Dec 08, 2008
@adam
lol I have not laughed over a nairaland in a long time.
@recognise
Which kind question be that eh, look my friend you have to recognise that people recognise when someone is recognisably obnoxious and has intentionally failed to recognise the gross stupidity in a question. So look closely you just might recognise that flaw in your question and your recognition might prompt you to realise that some people recognise questions that don't make sense. I hope you recognised the answer to your question.
Re: How Did God Harden Pharaoh's Heart? by Recognise: 12:54am On Dec 08, 2008
deleted
Re: How Did God Harden Pharaoh's Heart? by Chrisbenogor(m): 8:25am On Dec 08, 2008
@recognise
Hopefully you did not miss taking your pills, personally I think the bone thingy would have been the way to go.
How about how did God create adam from dust? Or maybe I should ask adam.
@adam
How did God create you from dust?
Re: How Did God Harden Pharaoh's Heart? by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:40pm On Dec 08, 2008
@Recognise,

I thank the Lord for your wisdom and sense of humour with the way you responded to those who were trying to ridicule God with their answers.  You surely applied the wisdom of Solomon in Provebs 26:5 that says "Answer a fool according to his folly, lest he be wise in his own conceit."  This is when one answers wisely so as to confute folly, exposing his senselessness in the process, so that he would not think he is wise in his own eyes.  The scoffers came to ridicule God but ended up being ridiculed. grin

My attempt at answering the question on "How God hardened Pharaoh's heart" is because I feel it will solve most of the misconceptions people have about God.

It is sometimes stated that God did certain things in Scriptures but this on many occasions means that God permitted them to happen.  That is, He allows it or gives the opportunity for it to happen.  In the case of Pharaoh, God gave Pharaoh the occasion to resist Him and harden his own heart.(as in Ex.9:12; 10:1,20,27; 11:10; 14:8; Rom.9:18) similarly, as the preaching of the gospel, even on NL can either save (i.e. reindeer) or damn the readers or hearers.  It can either soften or harden the hearts of men depending on the state of their hearts.  It can either bring life or death depending on how we respond to the message. (Rom.2:4-11; 2Cor.2:15-16).  Any judgment or calamity which does not break the nature and humble the soul will only end up hardening the heart as that of Pharaoh.  A typical illustration is taken from nature, as the sun hardens the clay and melts the wax or candle, so it is with the truth.  The blame or cause should not be the sun, and in this case God, but in the materials, in this case Pharaoh's heart.

Therefore, it can be said that God permitted the occasion for Pharaoh's heart to resist Him and harden his own heart.  undecided
Re: How Did God Harden Pharaoh's Heart? by olabowale(m): 7:29pm On Dec 08, 2008
At least the Christians are head and shoulders better than you fellows who believe that there is no God or a need for Him to participate and direct the affairs of what He created. A man asked "How," you answered "Why!" If you had done that in a formal academic envirment, most professors will have no problem giving you a fat Zero, without a need further to check your writing.

How is a process. Why is reason. They are not the same. God in His infinite wisdom, by the answer of the chap who answered for the opponents of God, made him go at a tangent, raving on, on why, instead of on the How.

God (Allah) in creating man allows man to have freewill. So by this freewill that man possesses, he can take the path of righteousness, that is guidance. Or the path of evilness, that is disobedience, arrogance, etc. But when man's soul was removed from the back of our father Adam, man was made to swear about his acceptance of God as Creator, God and Lord who should be obeyed and worship.

By this recognization and God has demostrated His fairness towards man, in case on the day of Judgement, the guilty will be referred back to the fact that they had aforetime accepted the Lordship of God and committed to worship Him, alone without any partnership. But the freewill serves as a determining factor of obedience or disobedience.

Part of disobedience out of his freewill to choose his own preferred destination, is the injustices that Pharaoh exercised on the nations of Israel, by discriminating on them based on their race, alone. He oppressed them and made them slaves. It is in this state of injustice of Pharaoh that God raised up Moses (AS) to go and appeal to Pharaoh. To speak softly to Pharaoh and perchance, Pharaoh heart will be soft towards good speech and receive admonition, whereby realising that he had practiced injustice on the people who were brought to Egypt because of the nobility of Prophet Joseph, who had served as a minister of treasury and as a way to save Egypt from Starvation, in the past generations.

The many miracles performed by God through the hand of Moses, so that Pharaoh may know that Moses was not trying to extracate the children of Israel under his own interest, but by the command of the Creator, did not help the situation with Pharaoh. Instead of seeking counsel from the wisdom of the wise and few who fear God, he became arrogant. His arrogance became increased, to the point that he proclaimed that he himself was the authority that allows the Nile River to flow! At one time he asked his chief Engineer to build a tower because he would like to climb up to see the God that Moses was talking about.

His engieer (Haman) said that he should not mind Moses, since there is no one there to see up in heaven, even if it was built. But this engineer had become arrogant himself telling lies and not truthful that it is impossible to build to reach heavens, because he was a close inner circle person of Pharaoh. Now each miracle brings another layer of arrogance and hardness to the heart of Pharaoh. With all of these Pharaoh was still not destroyed because, he loved his mother very much. And God favors, women always, and those who love their mothers and don't severe relationship with the womb.

Moses told his Lord that he was unable to overcome the tyrannical Pharaoh, who has many tricks up his sleeves. Remember that he alsways asked Moses to make the plague, each time go away? You see the arrogance of a man who says that he is a "god", yet he still had to ask a "prophet", Moses to let the suffering, a miracle passaway on the People of Egypt. Arrogance had blind him so much that he was not able to reflect on his weaknesses; asking Moses for help.

In the state of distress that Moses told God his frustration, coupled with the fact that Pharaoh was always harsher than before, after every lift of a miracle, the Children of Israel began to blame Moses for everything wrong. God Almighty revealed to Moses that as long as Pharaoh is in good favor with his mother, God will not debase him, even though he is an evil man! This information from God, was a for Moses to achieve victory over Pharaoh. Moses was a prophet of God and he has wisdom from his Lord.

Moses knew that God will not let a prophet pray unless that the prayer is accepted by God. Immediately, Moses prayed to God to make Pharaoh fall out of his mother's favor. The prayer was accepted, and the dye was cast. The process of descrution was already in process, from that point on. The How has just began! (To those who mock God, your mockery could not even have effect on the belief system of anyone who has belief that there is God who is capable of all things).

Pharaoh, being a King in crisis because of Moses' presence in the land, performing miracles and to Pharaoh, competing with his authority, came in, one day, pass his mother's dinner time. He came in while still fuming with anger. He saw his mother sitting without eating the food set before her. He quipped why the mother have not eaten. The mother told him that he was waiting for him to feed her. The angry King responded with some unpleasantries to his mother, in the manner that his mother was very unhappy! For the first time, Pharaoh had angered his mother who disliked him, giving the opening for the impending process of the last chapter for the total destructions of Pharaoh, the mighty tyrant!

That is how the mighty arrogant fell! The end of it was that Pharaoh perished in the sea, in the long run.
Re: How Did God Harden Pharaoh's Heart? by Chrisbenogor(m): 8:08pm On Dec 08, 2008
And olabowale now knows how God hardened someone's heart. Great
Re: How Did God Harden Pharaoh's Heart? by olabowale(m): 9:16pm On Dec 08, 2008
Islam comprises of the Qur'aan which is the "Words" of Allah, alone without a single word from other entity in it. Then the Ahadiths; Qursi from Allah and then the explanation of Qur'aan, the ahadith from Muhammad (AS). Then sunnah, the action of Muhammad or what he allows others to do. Then the Sirah (story of the life of Muhammad), and then the stories of the other prophets (AS). Moses is a prophet of Islam. And he was the one that dealth with the Pharaoh in question. Or was there a different Pharaoh or a different Prophet?
Re: How Did God Harden Pharaoh's Heart? by Nobody: 9:22pm On Dec 08, 2008
olabowale:

Islam comprises of the Qur'aan which is the "Words" of Allah, alone without a single word from other entity in it. Then the Ahadiths; Qursi from Allah and then the explanation of Qur'aan, the ahadith from Muhammad (AS). Then sunnah, the action of Muhammad or what he allows others to do. Then the Sirah (story of the life of Muhammad), and then the stories of the other prophets (AS). Moses is a prophet of Islam. And he was the one that dealth with the Pharaoh in question. Or was there a different Pharaoh or a different Prophet?

where was his mosque?  grin
Which direction did he face since there was no temple in Jerusalem neither a qibla in Mecca?
Did he perform ablution?
Who did he cry unto since the name allah didnt even exist in his time?
Which quran did he read?

Best of all WHERE ARE THE WRITINGS OF THIS MOSES IN THE QURAN?
Re: How Did God Harden Pharaoh's Heart? by mazaje(m): 10:34pm On Dec 08, 2008
olabowale:

who is this deluded man?. . . . .
Re: How Did God Harden Pharaoh's Heart? by olabowale(m): 2:55am On Dec 09, 2008
@DavidDylan: « #23 on: Yesterday at 09:22:36 PM »

where was his mosque?

Kaaba was built by Ibrahim and his son, Ismail (AS to both of them). Kaaba is part of "Masjid Haram" in Makka. I guess if Ibrahim and Ismail, prophets ho existed before Musa were associated with this great Masjid in Makka, it will not be impossible that where Musa worshipped was a Masjid, too. The only way you can argue against by statement then is that Musa had a different "religion" from the religion of Ibrahim and his son, Ismail. Remember that Ibrahim was referred as the "father of belief!" Anyone, therefore who has a diffrent belief from the belief of Ibrahim has to be concluded to be a disbeliever! You sir, David is therefore a disbeliever.

But wait, the whole earth is a Masjid, except the parts that are not fit to be Masjid based on the things that humans have erected on them. Masjid At-Taqwa's former bathroom was moved to the basement. Hence the place that used to be "bathroom" is now part of the mussala, where people pray, read Qur'an and dhikr!

Which direction did he face since there was no temple in Jerusalem neither a qibla in Mecca?

And Musa never lived in Jerusalem. And Allah chose the direction He pleased that a messenger lled his community in prayer! He also chose what amount to Islam for that community, since Islam was not completed on any prophet but Muhammad (AS), alone!

Did he perform ablution?

Ablution is purification of body with water. Yes Musa performed ablution. Afterall, he cleaned his private parts and also showered if there was any sexual emission and after meeting his wife in bed. Musa (AS) was an obedient prophet/Messenger of Allah.

Who did he cry unto since the name allah didnt even exist in his time?

Since he grew up in Coptic Egypt, in the powerful household of Pharaoh, we would expect him that his language, as a member of the elite is primarily Egyptian language! The lanuage of Arabia has been alive long time before Musa was born. Hence there is no doubt that the speaker of the Arabic language know that Allah is the God Who can not be represented by "Imagery, statue, etc". We must also know that tehere was no time you could claim that Musa cried to his Lord by calling him Jehovah, Yahweh, etc, while in the house of Pharaoh or while he escaped to the land of Medianites. Neither people, the Egyptian Coptics and Medianites would have called their God Yahweh, or Jehovah or Abba! lol. You will fail to proof me wrong, regardless of your effort, for a very simple reason; languages spoken in the locations we found Musa (AS). Hebrew was never spoken in either place.

Which quran did he read?

His book was not Qur'an. His book was not Injil either. His book was Torah. Qur'aan acknowledges that, already. I will stp for a moment to give you a few chances to escape. Then I will corner you and tighten up the noose. lol.

Best of all WHERE ARE THE WRITINGS OF THIS MOSES IN THE QURAN?

Musa didn't write anything. Musa's revelation, you meant, I suppose. If you read the Qur'aan, you will see the index pages where you can find the materials about Musa. Those were the revelations given to him. For example the Moses important law and commandment as a revelation is there is no god but Allah, the God who is Single Lord and deserves all worship! Read Qur'aan, David. You will even find that Sabur (Psalm) of Prophet King David is mentioned. Daud (AS) is mentioned in honoring manner. There is no acusation of him as an adulter or murderer. Both the Christian Bible, were not ashamed to tag him!

By the way, Wednesday is Ojude Oba in Ijebu Ode. I saw it once. It was amazing in those days. I hope you will have a chance of being in Ijebu Ode, on this ocassion.

@mazaje (m): « #24 on: Yesterday at 10:34:30 PM »

who is this deluded man?. . . . .

Where did you see delution? Whats delutional about my matter of fact statement? The man is dumbfounded, so he can only tag me as delutional. Of course you know that Musa (AS) was not a christian. My your christian definition, his condition is dire. But my Islamic definition, he was an obedient slave/servant of his Creator. Therefore he was a Muslim. A prophet, who was a messenger, with a revelation known as Torah!
Re: How Did God Harden Pharaoh's Heart? by Nobody: 3:03am On Dec 09, 2008
olabowale:

Kaaba was built by Ibrahim and his son, Ismail (AS to both of them).

Having been thoroughly researched, this lie has been well and truly debunked.
We also do not have ANY record of Moses travelling 5 times a day to go pray in Mecca from Egypt.

olabowale:

But wait, the whole earth is a Masjid, except the parts that are not fit to be Masjid

where was Moses' mosque . . . all of a sudden the whole earth is a masjid? shocked

olabowale:

And Musa never lived in Jerusalem. And Allah chose the direction He pleased that a messenger lled his community in prayer! He also chose what amount to Islam for that community, since Islam was not completed on any prophet but Muhammad (AS), alone!

Which direction did Moses face in prayer? simple question . . .

olabowale:

Ablution is purification of body with water. Yes Musa performed ablution. Afterall, he cleaned his private parts and also showered if there was any sexual emission and after meeting his wife in bed. Musa (AS) was an obedient prophet/Messenger of Allah.

So everyone taking a bath today is performing ablution? undecided

olabowale:

Since he grew up in Coptic Egypt, in the powerful household of Pharaoh, we would expect him that his language, as a member of the elite is primarily Egyptian language! The lanuage of Arabia has been alive long time before Musa was born. Hence there is no doubt that the speaker of the Arabic language know that Allah is the God Who can not be represented by "Imagery, statue, etc". We must also know that tehere was no time you could claim that Musa cried to his Lord by calling him Jehovah, Yahweh, etc, while in the house of Pharaoh or while he escaped to the land of Medianites. Neither people, the Egyptian Coptics and Medianites would have called their God Yahweh, or Jehovah or Abba! lol. You will fail to proof me wrong, regardless of your effort, for a very simple reason; languages spoken in the locations we found Musa (AS). Hebrew was never spoken in either place.

The islamic invasion of Egypt did not occur until 639AD . . . more than 2000 yrs after Moses had long disappeared . . . We also know that there is NO arabic inscriptions from the time of the pharaohs which one would expect if indeed the primary language of Egypt was arabic.

At your age, i shldnt expect you to be such a poor liar.

olabowale:

His book was not Qur'an. His book was not Injil either. His book was Torah. Qur'aan acknowledges that, already. I will stp for a moment to give you a few chances to escape. Then I will corner you and tighten up the noose. lol.

What has injil got to do with this? I asked you a question - what quran was moses reading?
If Torah was Moses book . . . is the torah part of the quran? Why is it not?

Where are the writings of Moses in the quran?

olabowale:

Musa didn't write anything. Musa's revelation, you meant, I suppose. If you read the Qur'aan, you will see the index pages where you can find the materials about Musa. Those were the revelations given to him. For example the Moses important law and commandment as a revelation is there is no god but Allah, the God who is Single Lord and deserves all worship! Read Qur'aan, David. You will even find that Sabur (Psalm) of Prophet King David is mentioned. Daud (AS) is mentioned in honoring manner. There is no acusation of him as an adulter or murderer. Both the Christian Bible, were not ashamed to tag him!

We know that the first 5 books are indeed written by Moses and his associates.

Now why are they not in your quran?
Re: How Did God Harden Pharaoh's Heart? by olabowale(m): 3:51am On Dec 09, 2008
No place did I say that Coptic Egypt's language was Arabic. However, I made indication to the fact that Arabic as a language was already spoken by communities of people long time before Musa! The people of Yemen was speaking Arabic. Makkans were speaking Arabic, too. Now the poor liar is you, because of your poor insight and inability to process any religious data, other than what is in the Bible!

Age has nothing to do with it!

How could you have debunked a well established fact, about Kaaba and Ibrahim? Isiaqa came after Ibrahim. And the remembrance of the act of slaughter is what we are in, now. And interestingly, only the Muslims are observing this! It must be that the muslims finds it important to pay great attention to this great thing that happened to Ibrahim.

I guess its not Isiaqa (A), afterall. Otherwise the Muslims would have said so. And Kaaba was a structure in existence, long time before the first temple of the Children of Israel in Palestine.
Re: How Did God Harden Pharaoh's Heart? by Nobody: 4:02am On Dec 09, 2008
olabowale:

No place did I say that Coptic Egypt's language was Arabic. However, I made indication to the fact that Arabic as a language was already spoken by communities of people long time before Musa! The people of Yemen was speaking Arabic. Makkans were speaking Arabic, too. Now the poor liar is you, because of your poor insight and inability to process any religious data, other than what is in the Bible!

The earliest texts of ancient arabic are found in 8BC . . . Moses had long died over 1000 yrs ago. There is NO record arabic was a language known to the Egyptians during the time of Moses so no you are simply lying or clueless.

olabowale:

How could you have debunked a well established fact, about Kaaba and Ibrahim?

this "fact" is "well established" by who? shocked

olabowale:

I guess its not Isiaqa (A), afterall. Otherwise the Muslims would have said so. And Kaaba was a structure in existence, long time before the first temple of the Children of Israel in Palestine.

We know this isnt true.
Re: How Did God Harden Pharaoh's Heart? by olabowale(m): 4:18am On Dec 09, 2008
Open you eyes, aburo. For the humpty time, I never said that Egyptian during the time of Moses spoke Arabic! If you miss this very clear statement, how easy is for you to miss others? Think about it for a moment, there.
Re: How Did God Harden Pharaoh's Heart? by Nobody: 4:26am On Dec 09, 2008
olabowale:

Open you eyes, aburo. For the humpty time, I never said that Egyptian during the time of Moses spoke Arabic! If you miss this very clear statement, how easy is for you to miss others? Think about it for a moment, there.

then how did Moses pray to "allah" who didnt even exist then?
Did he pray in coptic?
Re: How Did God Harden Pharaoh's Heart? by Chrisbenogor(m): 6:59am On Dec 09, 2008
Did moses even write anything

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Does Satan Really Eat With His Left Hand? And Other Quranic Discrepancies! / Only 144000 Persons Are Chosen To Ascend To Heaven / Society And Atheism

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 132
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.