Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,675 members, 7,820,370 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:48 PM

Senate Rejects Bill To Recognise Anambra As Oil Producer - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Senate Rejects Bill To Recognise Anambra As Oil Producer (34885 Views)

Tension In Anambra As 47 Boko Haram Prisoners Arrive Ekwulobia Prisons / MASSOB Urges UN To Recognise State Of Biafra / Breaking! Economic Activities Crippled In Anambra As Fuel Price Rise To ¥250 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Senate Rejects Bill To Recognise Anambra As Oil Producer by OdenigboAroli(m): 3:35pm On Dec 17, 2014
9jacrip:

Your tribal chauvinist side is starting to rear its head Berem, werin do you?
It is not a case of panic, I am only trying to get knowledge here.
Oil is said to abound in Lagos, Ogun and Ondo, no sweating that.

You meant palm oil,right?
Lmao

7 Likes

Re: Senate Rejects Bill To Recognise Anambra As Oil Producer by Nobody: 3:35pm On Dec 17, 2014
lygn19:
der is a difference btw NDDC and southsouth... hiw wud u feel if ur state produces oil even if it's 2 drops as u say it and u re not being compensated... as far as dat two drops add to the fg purse u ve every right to ve compensated whether us by NDDC or higher allocation.

True that.
Your post appeals to reason.
I'm just saying grouping every state producing a drop of oil will eventually create chaos as witnessed in Anambra and Kogi situation. Asides from putting money in the FG's purse and securing a good economic future incase of a break up. I think the main factor for the struggle is the derivation.
The boko haram, militancy and now inter-state conflict will add to an eventual implosion.
In a nutshell, a bar should be set for the adoption of states to NDDC for sanity sake.
Re: Senate Rejects Bill To Recognise Anambra As Oil Producer by Abagworo(m): 3:36pm On Dec 17, 2014
Some people need to understand the difference between NDDC and oil producing States. Abacha's OMPADEC is a better term of reference than NDDC.
Re: Senate Rejects Bill To Recognise Anambra As Oil Producer by Nobody: 3:36pm On Dec 17, 2014
Collynzo9:

Where did you get that from?
I will like to see it

Ok sir, chill.
Re: Senate Rejects Bill To Recognise Anambra As Oil Producer by Nobody: 3:36pm On Dec 17, 2014
9jacrip:

Your tribal chauvinist side is starting to rear its head Berem, werin do you?

It is not a case of panic, I am only trying to get knowledge here.
Oil is said to abound in Lagos, Ogun and Ondo, no sweating that.
Na you cause am! stop tempting me to go back to my old ways of ethnic bigotry. Not even now elections are fast approaching. embarassed embarassed
Re: Senate Rejects Bill To Recognise Anambra As Oil Producer by Collynzo9: 3:36pm On Dec 17, 2014
9jacrip:

True.
I am just wondering if every state, even with the tiniest production of oil should be part of NNDC
No they shouldn't be part of the NDDC, just let them keep whatever ''tiny'' revenue that comes out to themselves.
As I've proven in previous posts, Ukwa west alone makes more money for the FG than is given to Abia state as a whole.
If Abia is allowed to keep their oil money to themselves, they will have 10 times more than what they receive from the FG, same goes for Imo. Even if the revenue is shared among the 5 eastern states, each of them will still receive far more than they currently do.
Unfortunately, they have to share their wealth with unproductive states like Osun, Oyo, Ekiti etc.

16 Likes

Re: Senate Rejects Bill To Recognise Anambra As Oil Producer by Nobody: 3:37pm On Dec 17, 2014
lygn19:
ask urself d reason y... igbos re found everywhere even in states dat re worse off... I don't want to argue dat, let it be for another day.

Economic exploitation of where there is no fellow competitor by brining goods and services absent in these states that are worse off.
Re: Senate Rejects Bill To Recognise Anambra As Oil Producer by huptin(m): 3:38pm On Dec 17, 2014
lygn19:
emigration in igbo land is not always economic related... it's just a culture... do u discover dat der was a time Amaechi was complaining dat Gej gave out rivers oil wells to Bayelsa and Abia... if they don't hv oil which is dat.

Haba Oga, what kind of culture encourages emigration? Please come up with something better!!!

1 Like

Re: Senate Rejects Bill To Recognise Anambra As Oil Producer by Nobody: 3:39pm On Dec 17, 2014
OkijaAmaka:
Lets see what your backward and lassa fever ravaged mud shamlets of Osunistan, Ekitinistan, Oyonistan and Ogunistan have over Abia and stop attaching to lagos that is a no mans land

Anambra is not a niger delta state yet but she has the lowest poverty rate in Nigeria, this is not an Osundefender and APC statistics.

Follow this link this lassa fever mud dweller from ibadam

m.allafrica.com/stories/201011190437.html/

Ok.
It still does not stop your ilk from migrating here in droves doing the lowest types of jobs or turn to crime. smiley.

1 Like

Re: Senate Rejects Bill To Recognise Anambra As Oil Producer by Heroesglobal(m): 3:39pm On Dec 17, 2014
Mr 9jacrip please don't ask blind questions, marry your Google about oil producing states in Nigeria, you will see everything you want to see, Imo and Abia started producing oil for a very long time, Anambra had not only oil but has the largest Natural gas reserve in Africa which prompted China to have signed a $20b deal even during Obasanjo, Everywhere south is blessed google it nd don't argue more,

may it also interest you to know that few Anambra business men have already sank in more than 8b naira plus Anambra state govt to be able to put up the first indigenous Refinery in Nigeria there in Anambara state, so where are the kogites when all those investments were ongoing, Now they want to come nd eat from where they did not sow, Crazy lazy iddiots of the North.

12 Likes

Re: Senate Rejects Bill To Recognise Anambra As Oil Producer by Nobody: 3:39pm On Dec 17, 2014
Most of you just argure from your an'us instead of brain, borne out of hatred for igbos.

Keep having heart attack because Imo and Abia are in NDDC, fo'olish tribalists!

11 Likes

Re: Senate Rejects Bill To Recognise Anambra As Oil Producer by Nobody: 3:40pm On Dec 17, 2014
9jacrip:

True that.
Your post appeals to reason.
I'm just saying grouping every state producing a drop of oil will eventually create chaos as witnessed in Anambra and Kogi situation. Asides from putting money in the FG's purse and securing a good economic future incase of a break up. I think the main factor for the struggle is the derivation.
The boko haram, militancy and now inter-state conflict will add to an eventual implosion.
In a nutshell, a bar should be set for the adoption of states to NDDC for sanity sake.
if dat was to be d case... then d states who don't produce up to dat bar as u said wud be allowed freedom and full control of d resources below that bar, since they re not being compensated.

5 Likes

Re: Senate Rejects Bill To Recognise Anambra As Oil Producer by kettykin: 3:40pm On Dec 17, 2014
size38:
This is a welcome development. Anambra state does not have any oil. The oil they claim to have belongs to kogi state. Before una bounce on me, am not yoruba, hausa or igbo. Am a free born of south-south.

lol he who runs before he is chased !!!

2 Likes

Re: Senate Rejects Bill To Recognise Anambra As Oil Producer by Nobody: 3:40pm On Dec 17, 2014
centje:
seriously, what are you posting here How can you say Abia is dead, since the return of democracy Abia state has not been favored with good leaders that's all, economically, they're among the gaints in Nigeria.

Nor vex.
Re: Senate Rejects Bill To Recognise Anambra As Oil Producer by OdenigboAroli(m): 3:40pm On Dec 17, 2014
lygn19:
lol... see ur mouth like dubai...

Lets be real here; If all the money earned from crude drilling in Imo or Abia should go directly to them they do be far more developed than they ,today . Even if its 300,000,000 a day.

1 Like

Re: Senate Rejects Bill To Recognise Anambra As Oil Producer by PerfumeRepublik: 3:42pm On Dec 17, 2014
9jacrip:

True.
I am just wondering if every state, even with the tiniest production of oil should be part of NNDC

Come to think of it How many states in Nigeria produce oil? Not all states do , other states without crude have other resources( tin, copper, bauxite et al).its left for individuals who have love for their state to develope these resources just like the orient consortuim in Anambra is doing.
The senator did no wrong in clamouring for the addition of his state to benefit from the NDDC largese, and the other senators that flagged him down did well also by protecting their interests..
Its left for the boundary commission to iron things out to know who own what..
I believe the thread shouldn't warrant name calling..

3 Likes

Re: Senate Rejects Bill To Recognise Anambra As Oil Producer by asha80(m): 3:42pm On Dec 17, 2014
9jacrip:

Ok.
It still does not stop your ilk from migrating here in droves doing the lowest types of jobs or turn to crime. smiley.
the same way your brothers are selling expired agbo in the east endangering lives there

11 Likes

Re: Senate Rejects Bill To Recognise Anambra As Oil Producer by IGBOSON1: 3:43pm On Dec 17, 2014
9jacrip:

You seem unnecessarily angry.
I asked a question, since when did questions start getting regarded as lies? I'm only curious, we know oil producing states in the 'producing sense'. I'm only wondering what oil is Abia producing when it is even a poor state and under-developed infrastructurally?

Being part of NNDC does not mean'chit', it is all for revenue sharing.

I am not here to argue, I am just curious and please post links for me to feed on rather than go back and forth.

^^^You're testing her patience with your crass stupidity and ignorance!

8 Likes

Re: Senate Rejects Bill To Recognise Anambra As Oil Producer by akpabana: 3:43pm On Dec 17, 2014
Bliss4Lyfe:
Just a temporary set back. Oil is no longer a major earner, so who cares. Over-dependence on oil has seen the Russian currency crash to nothing in one week.

Anambra does not depend on oil alone and never will. The oil will never go to Kogi and thanks to the senate for reminding the Presidency on doing the needful. I have evry faith the executive gov of GEJ will do just that.

Kogi or Enugu will not get a penny from Anambra oil sales. Cry me a river.
Good women of ur kind ranged war b/w Saul/David, Atiku/Obj..... Ever since they been fighting have u visited the place to see the boundry? Jst came to NL to open mouth. Mchew, I pray the Govt do the needful to end the killing.I know where the oil is. Pardon if u are offended pls.
Re: Senate Rejects Bill To Recognise Anambra As Oil Producer by synergycom19: 3:44pm On Dec 17, 2014
So because GEJ said so ,this guys are so guilable

1 Like

Re: Senate Rejects Bill To Recognise Anambra As Oil Producer by Nobody: 3:44pm On Dec 17, 2014
Heroesglobal:
Mr 9jacrip please don't ask blind questions, marry your Google about oil producing states in Nigeria, you will see everything you want to see, Imo and Abia started producing oil for a very long time, Anambra had not only oil but has the largest Natural gas reserve in Africa which prompted China to have signed a $20b deal even during Obasanjo, Everywhere south is blessed google it nd don't argue more,

may it also interest you to know that few Anambra business men have already sank in more than 8b naira plus Anambra state govt to be able to put up the first indigenous Refinery in Nigeria there in Anambara state, so where are the kogites when all those investments were ongoing, Now they want to come nd eat from where they did not sow, Crazy lazy iddiots of the North.
ur comment is tribalistic it ain't good to refer to a people or group of people like dat.
Re: Senate Rejects Bill To Recognise Anambra As Oil Producer by OdenigboAroli(m): 3:44pm On Dec 17, 2014
9jacrip:

Ok.

And we also have thousands of yorubas in the east doing some of the most degrading jobs.
Though they havent imported their cannibalism yet but we are ready to put them to check...Nonsense....Bring on your madness.

9 Likes

Re: Senate Rejects Bill To Recognise Anambra As Oil Producer by Nobody: 3:45pm On Dec 17, 2014
OdenigboAroli:

You meant palm oil,right?
Lmao

cheesy
Re: Senate Rejects Bill To Recognise Anambra As Oil Producer by Nobody: 3:45pm On Dec 17, 2014
9jacrip:

Ok.
you see the path you're going? Is this also part of the discussion? Smh

2 Likes

Re: Senate Rejects Bill To Recognise Anambra As Oil Producer by Nobody: 3:46pm On Dec 17, 2014
OdenigboAroli:

Lets be real here; If all the money earned from crude drilling in Imo or Abia should go directly to them they do be far more developed than they ,today . Even if its 300,000,000 a day.
when thief's like orji na governor...lol''' in ur dreams.
Re: Senate Rejects Bill To Recognise Anambra As Oil Producer by OdenigboAroli(m): 3:46pm On Dec 17, 2014
lygn19:
ur comment is tribalistic it ain't good to refer to a people or group of people like dat.

He didnt make the comments in vain.

4 Likes

Re: Senate Rejects Bill To Recognise Anambra As Oil Producer by Nobody: 3:46pm On Dec 17, 2014
OdenigboAroli:

And we also have thousands of yorubas in the east doing some of the most degrading jobs.
Though they havent imported their cannibalism yet but we are ready to put them to check...Nonsense....Bring on your madness.

We know the cannibalistic group so that is resolved.

1 Like

Re: Senate Rejects Bill To Recognise Anambra As Oil Producer by Nobody: 3:47pm On Dec 17, 2014
Because you phools are too lazy to see opportunities down your nose, a visitor will bring container and the landlord will collect N50 toll only to prostrate to the visitor like a demigod.

Your not ashamed of yourselves, strangers will come open shops and sell goods, your youngmen are doing pinklips and tatoos in their so called land.

9jacrip:

Ok.

13 Likes

Re: Senate Rejects Bill To Recognise Anambra As Oil Producer by Arysexy(m): 3:48pm On Dec 17, 2014
Senate did not reject But suspended the enlisting till boundary demarcation complete their task.

Igbo haters already masturbating.

Ayogu eze, iwe nwanne adirokwa eru na okpukpu.

10 Likes

Re: Senate Rejects Bill To Recognise Anambra As Oil Producer by Nobody: 3:48pm On Dec 17, 2014
IGBOSON1:

^^^You're testing her patience with your crass stupidity and ignorance!

See this bastard jumping into a convo he is uninvited to and talking about stupidity and ignorance?
Dawg, bera back the fnck up.

1 Like

Re: Senate Rejects Bill To Recognise Anambra As Oil Producer by Nobody: 3:49pm On Dec 17, 2014
lygn19:
if dat was to be d case... then d states who don't produce up to dat bar as u said wud be allowed freedom and full control of d resources below that bar, since they re not being compensated.

My point exactly.
But it won't work in this fucking naija.
So it should be left untouched or produced for local consumption and state gets some form of compensation.
Re: Senate Rejects Bill To Recognise Anambra As Oil Producer by Nobody: 3:49pm On Dec 17, 2014
9jacrip:
It is only right to cure the affliction of ignorance when discovered, so please kindly enlighten me on how Abia is an oil producing state.

And Imo?

How and when did they start producing oil? I'm not talking discovery of crude oil presence, I am talking production in the class of Bayelsa, Rivers, Akwa Ibom.

Do you have any problem with the 2 states been oil producing states? Who in Nigeria doesn't know that the Nigeria doesn't know that Abia state and Imo State are oil producing states?

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

National Assembly Set To Take Over Rivers Assembly / Nigeria Must Kill NNPC - El-rufai / Youths Elect Representatives On Lagos SARS Panel. See How To Follow Proceedings

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.