Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,311 members, 7,822,538 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:34 PM

Adjusting To Life As A Widower - Family (27) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Adjusting To Life As A Widower (123033 Views)

Poll: How has this thread helped you to appreciate your spouse better and positively affect your relationship?

Very Positive: 90% (9 votes)
Good: 0% (0 votes)
Fair: 10% (1 vote)
Not Really: 0% (0 votes)
Not At All: 0% (0 votes)
This poll has ended

Man Bounces Back To Life After Three Days In Morgue (Photo) / Getting Married To A Widower / Adjusting To Parenthood (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) ... (44) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Adjusting To Life As A Widower by serubawon(m): 9:22pm On Apr 24, 2013
ThiefOfHearts: Congrats serrubawon grin

Now go lose weight for your wedding tongue

Thank you very much ma'am. I believe my weight is ok and has never been a problem. She actually loves my 42" chest, (which is all muscle), even if I say so myself. wink

1 Like

Re: Adjusting To Life As A Widower by serubawon(m): 9:24pm On Apr 24, 2013
Mayflowa: I hate coming 2 this thread. I am never able to read a full page without crying. This is my 15th cry. I just disgraced myself now.

Wish you luck seru. I can't stand the emotion to read through

Wow!! An emotional man. 15th cry? I doff my cap o. Thanks for the compliment. smiley
Re: Adjusting To Life As A Widower by serubawon(m): 9:28pm On Apr 24, 2013
spoilt: Hey y'all. It's been a while. Serubawon this wedding has not happened? Better marry her fast. I like to close deals fast. When is it?

Well, you know Nigerian families ke. Even if you're at my age, parents still have to be respected. We could get married tomorrow for all I care, but her dad has some rigid requirements that we want to mellow down a bit. All things being equal, it should happen before the end of the year. You guys will be the 1st to know of course. grin

P.S. I do believe oga Analytical Baba is completely and irrevocably taken o cheesy
Re: Adjusting To Life As A Widower by spoilt(f): 10:38pm On Apr 24, 2013
^ okay oh. I don't want Mrs Analytical snatching off my weave. Meanwhile Serubawon hope say you no be orobo oh.cant have stomach protruding through ya tuxedo.
Re: Adjusting To Life As A Widower by serubawon(m): 11:11pm On Apr 24, 2013
spoilt: ^ okay oh. I don't want Mrs Analytical snatching off my weave. Meanwhile Serubawon hope say you no be orobo oh.cant have stomach protruding through ya tuxedo.

coolYes, I can say with all confidence that I'm not an "orobo". Let's just say that if I were your brother, you'd be happy to flaunt me to your friends.
Re: Adjusting To Life As A Widower by ThiefOfHearts(f): 9:03pm On Apr 25, 2013
serubawon:

Thank you very much ma'am. I believe my weight is ok and has never been a problem. She actually loves my 42" chest, (which is all muscle), even if I say so myself. wink

42" chest is the chest of 2 men..Baba Sala. tongue
Re: Adjusting To Life As A Widower by ThiefOfHearts(f): 9:04pm On Apr 25, 2013
spoilt: ^ okay oh. I don't want Mrs Analytical snatching off my weave. Meanwhile Serubawon hope say you no be orobo oh.cant have stomach protruding through ya tuxedo.

Dont mind him. He's total orobo. Ive been telling him since last year to calm down with olori's pounded yam grin
Re: Adjusting To Life As A Widower by serubawon(m): 10:14pm On Apr 25, 2013
ThiefOfHearts:

Dont mind him. He's total orobo. Ive been telling him since last year to calm down with olori's pounded yam grin

Ki lo de ke? Na fight? Well, Olori's pounded yam has been very mischievious though (but not that mischievious). She likes the way I look, so that's what counts. I like the way I look too y'know wink

P. S. And if you think all this is going to make me post a pic, well, who knows. Maybe not. grin wink cheesy cool
Re: Adjusting To Life As A Widower by nemesis(f): 1:04pm On Apr 29, 2013
ThiefOfHearts:

Orobo ke? I can witness to d fact dat hes not orobo ooo. im not sayin anymore dan dat b4 ppl jump on me again sad
Re: Adjusting To Life As A Widower by Nobody: 1:11pm On Apr 30, 2013
Wow! wow! wow! Actually stumbled on this thread around 3.am dis mrng and have been glued 2 my phone since then (and i have exams next week). With what i see on NL this days, never knew there's actually a [RESERVED PLACE 4 d matured ones. @Uncle Seru, am so happy u came out of ur trying time shining. ur story and the thread generally has been an encouragement to me (a young lad).

I bless God for all those He has been using on here; mama CC, Jenny, Uju, Spoilt, Tgirl, Sisi Kills, Uncle analytical nd everyother person. This indeed a place 2 be, where souls have been lifted, sadness turned to joy, testimonies shared, lessons learnt, more knowledge gained e.t.c.

God bless ur union, uncle Seru & Olori, i pray affliction shall not rise again the 2nd tym in ur life and family nd ur kids shall live 2 be a source of joy, esu o ni so won di ari sukun o IJN.

*Hope i didnt tresspass sha o, cos seems am d only kid here,but love sitting at d feet of d matured minds 2 learn*. Got 2 go and read now so i can pay my bills in d nearest future lyk all of u here or even become better.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Adjusting To Life As A Widower by serubawon(m): 1:59pm On Apr 30, 2013
Omo Daddy354: Wow! wow! wow! Actually stumbled on this thread around 3.am dis mrng and have been glued 2 my phone since then (and i have exams next week). With what i see on NL this days, never knew there's actually a [RESERVED PLACE 4 d matured ones. @Uncle Seru, am so happy u came out of ur trying time shining. ur story and the thread generally has been an encouragement to me (a young lad).

I bless God for all those He has been using on here; mama CC, Jenny, Uju, Spoilt, Tgirl, Sisi Kills, Uncle analytical nd everyother person. This indeed a place 2 be, where souls have been lifted, sadness turned to joy, testimonies shared, lessons learnt, more knowledge gained e.t.c.

God bless ur union, uncle Seru & Olori, i pray affliction shall not rise again the 2nd tym in ur life and family nd ur kids shall live 2 be a source of joy, esu o ni so won di ari sukun o IJN.

*Hope i didnt tresspass sha o, cos seems am d only lad here,but love sitting at d feet of d matured minds 2 learn*. Got 2 go and read now so i can pay my bills in d nearest future lyk all of u here or even become better.

Trespassing?? Not at all. As you said, this thread is for mature minds where people can learn from the experiences of others. Thanks for the prayers. They are highly appreciated. I'm a bit confused though. You call yourself a young lad, but it looks like you're female. Forget it, none of my business anyway. Glad you enjoyed the thread. smiley
Re: Adjusting To Life As A Widower by Nobody: 3:19pm On Apr 30, 2013
serubawon:

Trespassing?? Not at all. As you said, this thread is for mature minds where people can learn from the experiences of others. Thanks for the prayers. They are highly appreciated. I'm a bit confused though. You call yourself a young lad, but it looks like you're female. Forget it, none of my business anyway. Glad you enjoyed the thread. smiley
No mind me jare, 'lady' not 'lad'. Thanx 4 pointing dat out anyway
Re: Adjusting To Life As A Widower by serubawon(m): 5:20pm On Apr 30, 2013
Omo Daddy354:
No mind me jare, 'lady' not 'lad'. Thanx 4 pointing dat out anyway

No worry jare. You already sound like a very interesting person.
Re: Adjusting To Life As A Widower by Analytical(m): 9:47pm On May 01, 2013
spoilt: Analytical are you taken? My matchmaking antennae keeps seeing opportunity.

@Spoilt, Analytical is so taken- completely and comprehensively! Mrs Analytical ensures nothing is left! cool

@Serubawon, I trust you and Olori are doing great. Work and more work has taken over my entire time. I hardly have time again. This phase too shall pass though.
Re: Adjusting To Life As A Widower by serubawon(m): 12:50am On May 02, 2013
Analytical:

@Spoilt, Analytical is so taken- completely and comprehensively! Mrs Analytical ensures nothing is left! cool

@Serubawon, I trust you and Olori are doing great. Work and more work has taken over my entire time. I hardly have time again. This phase too shall pass though.

Your labor shall not be in vain my brother. God is definitely taking you to greater heights. My job schedule is killing me right now, but I'm definitely moving to greater things. cheesy
Re: Adjusting To Life As A Widower by nemesis(f): 10:39pm On May 09, 2013
Serubobo, abegiiiii do quick joo, Plenty of us want to witness this union o wink
Re: Adjusting To Life As A Widower by spoilt(f): 2:35pm On May 11, 2013
@Analytical now I know you are taken Lock, stock and barrel, Lol. Sorry couldn't recall you mentioning a family.

@Mrs Analytical chei na so I for try to matchmake your sweat and hardwork. Younglings of these days Kuku like ready made men.

@Anyone who atttempts to matchmake my husband. . . . .desist! I have fangs. Lol.
Re: Adjusting To Life As A Widower by edakedkay: 6:00pm On May 25, 2013
So happy for you Seru. I'm glad it's all falling in place for you. You're done with the tribulation.it's now time for jubilation.
Madam wedding planner(winks),pls put me on that list of asoebi and anything that will identify the NL crew.
I know everyone has been anxiously waiting to hear from me. Sorry for shutting you all out. Been battling with myself the whole time but I think I'm ready to complete my epistle. I resume work on Monday after almost a year. Tried that a month back but I was still disoriented. I think I'm ready now.
I lost Leona on January 16th. So it's still just me,bobo and DD. I don't want to go into details. Maybe someday I will. It's been a rough path but I'm grateful I'm here today though it's left me scathed.Putting this down is one of the difficult tasks I've had to face but I hope to heal thoroughly as life goes on.
I had a very good support system from my husband, family and friends who knew my history; and thanks to JennyKadry&winniegirl who tried several times to keep in touch.(Sorry I didn't get back).
Thanks are also due to everyone of you here who in one way or the other supported me.
Re: Adjusting To Life As A Widower by Nobody: 6:39pm On May 25, 2013
I dont know what to say. It is well
Re: Adjusting To Life As A Widower by Winneygirl(f): 6:51pm On May 25, 2013
Edakedkay...
I'm so relieved seeing Ur post.
Just Breathe...
Breathe & take a step forward each day as it comes.
Re: Adjusting To Life As A Widower by serubawon(m): 6:56pm On May 26, 2013
edakedkay: So happy for you Seru. I'm glad it's all falling in place for you. You're done with the tribulation.it's now time for jubilation.
Madam wedding planner(winks),pls put me on that list of asoebi and anything that will identify the NL crew.
I know everyone has been anxiously waiting to hear from me. Sorry for shutting you all out. Been battling with myself the whole time but I think I'm ready to complete my epistle. I resume work on Monday after almost a year. Tried that a month back but I was still disoriented. I think I'm ready now.
I lost Leona on January 16th. So it's still just me,bobo and DD. I don't want to go into details. Maybe someday I will. It's been a rough path but I'm grateful I'm here today though it's left me scathed.Putting this down is one of the difficult tasks I've had to face but I hope to heal thoroughly as life goes on.
I had a very good support system from my husband, family and friends who knew my history; and thanks to JennyKadry&winniegirl who tried several times to keep in touch.(Sorry I didn't get back).
Thanks are also due to everyone of you here who in one way or the other supported me.

I'm happy to see you back on the thread. Please accept my sincere and heartfelt condolences for your loss. I can't imagine how you feel, but I do know that the Lord we serve has His own way of comforting us in our tlme of mourning. I know that you will tell your story in your own time. Just know that you have a whole thread of brothers and sisters praying for you. Remain blessed.
Re: Adjusting To Life As A Widower by Geminilove(f): 5:54am On May 27, 2013
@serubawon,
Where do I start from it took me 4hrsand 16mins to read over 7 years of history and I felt every emotion from sadness, joy, excitement,to worry. You remind me so much of my own father, who pass away. It might sound silly but I feel like my dad bought me to this paper.I wish I had found this thread earlier because I actually could done with the help and advice of all you wonderful people on this thread. Nonetheless, I am glad I found the page. Can I request one thing please don't close this thread down, I found it very healing and educate. Now that found thread I don't want it to go.

I feel like JennyK, Spoilt Analytical, chaircover etc are all my friends too.

@serubawon, thank you for opening this thread and congrats on your engagement, Your wife to be as found a gem in you as you found in her. Thank you again for restoring what I have known to be true. I will be back to say more things and ask for advice.

P.S God forgive me but like the way you all ignored Nemesis it was best way, is that wicked of me hehe
Re: Adjusting To Life As A Widower by Nobody: 10:20am On May 27, 2013
Re: Adjusting To Life As A Widower by Nobody: 10:58am On May 27, 2013
@edkadkay
beauty for ashes dear.
E-HUGS

@serubobo&chaircover
hey hope you are all good and treating your kids to children's day
Re: Adjusting To Life As A Widower by Nobody: 10:58am On May 27, 2013
@edakadkay
beauty for ashes dear.
E-HUGS

@serubobo&chaircover
hey hope you are all good and treating your kids to children's day
Re: Adjusting To Life As A Widower by bellong: 12:52pm On May 27, 2013
Hmmmm... What a life history of ups and downs with a very bright future ahead..... I got to work this morning and stumbled on this thread, read from beginning till the end.

@OP, I like your resilience, patience and faith in God. A lot of people even some "christians" end up denying God when faced with storms of life that is certain will come everybody's way, its only a matter of time. I pray that God grants you the grace to end well in this journey of life and faith. I also wish and pray you a glorious home where the love of Christ reigns supreme and where the Trinity sup...

It is well with you and Olori in Jesus name.

Pardon my choice of words, I am not very good with words when it comes to writing/typing, I prefer to talk..Am a good talker. Hence reason I hardly write on NL..

To all those who have kept the company of the OP through the days of his valley, may God in His infinite mercies reward you all for the labour of love in multiple fold... Beautiful day to you all.

1 Like

Re: Adjusting To Life As A Widower by bellong: 1:04pm On May 27, 2013
edakedkay: So happy for you Seru. I'm glad it's all falling in place for you. You're done with the tribulation.it's now time for jubilation.

Going through your initial post and this, I may not understand how you feel deep down with that loss but I know you must have gone through several phases from that time till now. Like betrayal of trust in God, Yes it happens and its normal, God is not disappointed with that. I want you to know that it will end well for you and your family.

Sorry about the loss. I will urge you to tap into His grace that is available to weather storms of life. One passage that keeps me through the "valley of life" is "WHEN[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font] thou passeth through fire...." It says WHEN and not IF.. Meaning, every child of God and every living soul will surely be tried in the fiery furnace of life, its only a matter of time. Just have this assurance that HIS thoughts for you and your family are that of GOOD and not EVIL, to give you an EXPECTED END/A FUTURE AND A HOPE.

Anytime you have the time, you can listen to the sermon delivered by Pastor Tunde Bakare last sunday titled "The cross and the rulers of darkness" Find below the link.

http://www.latterrainassembly.org/media.php

PS: I am not a member of the church, only happened to be fortunate to join the live stream on sunday. hence I am not promoting any pastor. I believe this message will restore hope, assurance and life in you.

It is well with you and your household.
Re: Adjusting To Life As A Widower by bellong: 1:08pm On May 27, 2013
Winneygirl: Edakedkay...
I'm so relieved seeing Ur post.
Just Breathe...
Breathe & take a step forward each day as it comes.

In the course of my reading this thread I saw you had a concern. I want to believe everything is well with you now. Analytical delivered a very inspiring response which I believe must have brought hope and life into you. In addition, you can listen to this sermon by Pastor Tunde Bakare titled "The cross and the rulers of darkness". It blessed my soul, I know it will bless yours too.. Find the link below

http://www.latterrainassembly.org/media.php
Re: Adjusting To Life As A Widower by bellong: 1:34pm On May 27, 2013
@Edakedkay,

I want to drop you a piece of advice about your attitude towards "drugs". I know it is a forgone issue but for future sake. Pls do not mind the incoherent way I may try to pass the message across, I am very bad with writing/typing. I prefer talking.

I am an ardent and chronic believer of divine healing (healing without the intervention of drugs) I hate using medicine. However, you must realize that in marriage, such decision of not using drugs should not be your sole decision but in conjunction with your spouse. There are situations you use drugs and there times you stick to faith without drugs. In all these the Holy Spirit will surely give you a prompt and leading when to do any of the two. After all, Jesus never denied the importance of the medical profession when He said, ...only the sick needs a doctor.....(paraphrased). Please, next time any decision of such must be at the approval of your husband with a joint faith (one can only chase one thousand, while two will chase TEN thousand.) can you see the spiritual multiplier effect.

My sister, learn to always find balance with the two. At that point of your life, you needed the drugs. Always let your husband in the know when you want to go through the path of divine healing. A joint faith will chase ten thousand compared to self struggle.

It is well with you

2 Likes

Re: Adjusting To Life As A Widower by Olivialight(f): 2:55pm On May 27, 2013
serubawon:

Thanks. my daughter is 9 and my son is 7. Still young, but wise. they actually pray for God to give me a good wife and a loving mother for them. That actually confounds me, but I'm extremely grateful to God for giving me such wonderful kids. Funny thing is I'm now 40 and this thread is still on. I guess it's for a reason.

I hope more widowers would tap in and see that losing a spouse is not the end of the world as they know it. I know it's painful and the memories never leave. Even after almost 5 years, I still have those days where all I think about is her and it's miserable, trust me. However, I have been blessed in meeting men that lost their wives and with patience. waited for the right person to come along and they are experiencing happiness with their new spouse. Most men make the terrible mistake of drowning their sorrows in wine & women and then hook up with their worst nightmares and who suffers? The children of course. Most widows (women) never re-marry because it's not expected of them. That is sad, cruel and very unfair to these women. They need companionship even more than men. Not necessarily physical, but emotional. I pray that peoples perception changes and they accord widows the respect and help they really deserve. These women actually live in misery and slave for their children to survive. I'm a breadwinner and I know how difficult it is to raise kids single-handedly and provide for them at the same time. These women deserve kudos for their strength and chastity.

I guess I'm talking too much again. Men, think of your kids first before you commit to that woman, it could mean a world of difference in the welfare of your kids.
my dear am more than proud of u,may God strengthen u, protect&guide ur children.may he bless ur home &provide the right woman 4 u wen u r ready.ur children v d bst DAD KUDOS 2 U dear
Re: Adjusting To Life As A Widower by serubawon(m): 9:24pm On May 27, 2013
Geminilove: @serubawon,
Where do I start from it took me 4hrsand 16mins to read over 7 years of history and I felt every emotion from sadness, joy, excitement,to worry. You remind me so much of my own father, who pass away. It might sound silly but I feel like my dad bought me to this paper.I wish I had found this thread earlier because I actually could done with the help and advice of all you wonderful people on this thread. Nonetheless, I am glad I found the page. Can I request one thing please don't close this thread down, I found it very healing and educate. Now that found thread I don't want it to go.

I feel like JennyK, Spoilt Analytical, chaircover etc are all my friends too.

@serubawon, thank you for opening this thread and congrats on your engagement, Your wife to be as found a gem in you as you found in her. Thank you again for restoring what I have known to be true. I will be back to say more things and ask for advice.

P.S God forgive me but like the way you all ignored Nemesis it was best way, is that wicked of me hehe

Thank you very much. I'm happy that the posts from all the contributors came in useful to your particular situation. On the issue of closing it down, I guess that depends on how relevant the thread is to different people. As long as it touches the hearts of people and they contribute, it will stay on. Everything has a beginning and an end. 7 years strong and still going, I guess this thread hasn't quite reached it's end yet. It's all in the hands of God. Cheers
Re: Adjusting To Life As A Widower by serubawon(m): 9:27pm On May 27, 2013
bellong: Hmmmm... What a life history of ups and downs with a very bright future ahead..... I got to work this morning and stumbled on this thread, read from beginning till the end.

@OP, I like your resilience, patience and faith in God. A lot of people even some "christians" end up denying God when faced with storms of life that is certain will come everybody's way, its only a matter of time. I pray that God grants you the grace to end well in this journey of life and faith. I also wish and pray you a glorious home where the love of Christ reigns supreme and where the Trinity sup...

It is well with you and Olori in Jesus name.

Pardon my choice of words, I am not very good with words when it comes to writing/typing, I prefer to talk..Am a good talker. Hence reason I hardly write on NL..

To all those who have kept the company of the OP through the days of his valley, may God in His infinite mercies reward you all for the labour of love in multiple fold... Beautiful day to you all.

Thank you and God bless you. I believe that this thread is just to encourage people in different situations that even when it seems that all is lost and the future looks bleak, that's when God steps in to show us that He is with us through the fire and will see us through. He saw me though mine, He'll see everybody through theirs.

(1) (2) (3) ... (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) ... (44) (Reply)

17-Year-Old Boy Buys A Car For His Mother In Lagos. See Reactions (Photo, Video) / Concern As More Us-based Nigerians Murder Their Spouses / Soldier Catches Wife With Another Man, Parades Them Both Naked In Public. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.