Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,294 members, 7,836,286 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 02:55 AM

Catholicism Doctrines And Its Biblical Root(debunking An Argument) - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Catholicism Doctrines And Its Biblical Root(debunking An Argument) (23094 Views)

Why Do Churches Have Different Doctrines And Denominations? / Paganism And Catholicism: Sun Worship Symbols / 5 Easy Steps To Debunking The Quran (for Christians, Atheists, Agnostics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Catholicism Doctrines And Its Biblical Root(debunking An Argument) by naijaobi(m): 3:33pm On Dec 21, 2014
Simple questions, they keep running arround

why worship/honour graven image? when God already made it clear in his law "Do not worship any graven image, be it representing anything in heaven or on earth.

Why pray to mary first and then ask mary to beg jesus and then that Jesus should talk to God.? When Jesus himself already told us "No one comes through the father except through me" He didnt say through Mary.
Re: Catholicism Doctrines And Its Biblical Root(debunking An Argument) by blowjohn(m): 3:38pm On Dec 21, 2014
CMARY:
My brother there's no contradiction of commands here. The bible in Exodus 20vs1to5 God did not Literally forbid the making of statues, or the use. If you want to read that passage in context what God is forbade is exactly in verse5 of that chapter and it says thou shall not adore or worship or serve them. Or thou shall not bow down before them, depending on the version of bible you are using. All there points to just one instruction and that is: THOU SHALL NOT GIVE THE ADORATION/ WORSHIP PROPER FOR GOD ALONE TO ANY CREATED THING! SIMPLE, Whether a carved image or even a human being, you must not give that worship proper to God to any creature. The Big question is what is that form of worship proper to God alone? Is it the singing of praises? Of course No! Because you can ring the praises of the world footballer of the year. Even the Israelites sang the praises of king David when he killed Goliath. Singing of praises is a form of prayer actually but it is not meant does God alone. Is it the act of bowing your head down? NO! Because in Gen19vs1 Lot bowed down to the ground to venerate the two angels at sodom. It is a mark of honor of course but not meant for God alone. Gen42vs6 Joseph's brother bowed before Joseph with their faces on the ground. So bowing down your head before a superior or the spirit of a superi is not a form of worship meant for God alone. So follow me: The type of worship meant for God alone is LATRIA WORSHIP OR SUPREME WORSHIP, it's basic characteristic is that in this form of worship, the worshipper even for a micro second consciously acknowledges in his mind that the Deity begini worshiped is His un-created creator, use owner me his life, in fact his or her end point. That consciousness is always there. It is a spiritual reality it is not just a physical something. It is this spiritual characteristics that identifies SUPREME WORSHIP OR ADORATION. It has a special attitude to the state of mind of the worshipper. So if you understand this, then i can now tell you that in exodus 20vs1to5 God is saying do not give this LATRIA OR SUPREME WORSHIP TO ANY CREATURE. Simple!

Frm ur explanation above sir, what I can tel is that catholics have such an unusual mind that can raisew them to such a level that they can actually give 2 differrent degrees of adoration or praises to mary and Jesus. From my own understanding, if I were to praise a foorballer like u mentioned, sir, I don't't think I wud go so meekly or religiously to heap such praises on such a footballer. Afterall I know he doest add anything to my life nor sustains me. With this in mind, I must say, dats its indeed a dangerous thing to think that one can separate degrees of worship offered different 'gods'. Finally, lemi add that is it not funny that d job of interceding which u catholics place on mary also mean dat u place ur hopes on her too? If u belive mary prays for u, then why bother with jesus?
Re: Catholicism Doctrines And Its Biblical Root(debunking An Argument) by Jimmyo3(m): 3:39pm On Dec 21, 2014
CMARY:
My brother there's no contradiction of commands here. The bible in Exodus 20vs1to5 God did not Literally forbid the making of statues, or the use. If you want to read that passage in context what God is forbade is exactly in verse5 of that chapter and it says thou shall not adore or worship or serve them. Or thou shall not bow down before them, depending on the version of bible you are using. All there points to just one instruction and that is: THOU SHALL NOT GIVE THE ADORATION/ WORSHIP PROPER FOR GOD ALONE TO ANY CREATED THING! SIMPLE, Whether a carved image or even a human being, you must not give that worship proper to God to any creature. The Big question is what is that form of worship proper to God alone? Is it the singing of praises? Of course No! Because you can ring the praises of the world footballer of the year. Even the Israelites sang the praises of king David when he killed Goliath. Singing of praises is a form of prayer actually but it is not meant does God alone. Is it the act of bowing your head down? NO! Because in Gen19vs1 Lot bowed down to the ground to venerate the two angels at sodom. It is a mark of honor of course but not meant for God alone. Gen42vs6 Joseph's brother bowed before Joseph with their faces on the ground. So bowing down your head before a superior or the spirit of a superi is not a form of worship meant for God alone. So follow me: The type of worship meant for God alone is LATRIA WORSHIP OR SUPREME WORSHIP, it's basic characteristic is that in this form of worship, the worshipper even for a micro second consciously acknowledges in his mind that the Deity begini worshiped is His un-created creator, use owner me his life, in fact his or her end point. That consciousness is always there. It is a spiritual reality it is not just a physical something. It is this spiritual characteristics that identifies SUPREME WORSHIP OR ADORATION. It has a special attitude to the state of mind of the worshipper. So if you understand this, then i can now tell you that in exodus 20vs1to5 God is saying do not give this LATRIA OR SUPREME WORSHIP TO ANY CREATURE. Simple!
Am old and learned enough to differ b/w good and bad,right and wrong the end shall justify though,so dont try to confuse me...
Re: Catholicism Doctrines And Its Biblical Root(debunking An Argument) by Tallesty1(m): 3:45pm On Dec 21, 2014
Blainz:

Bro, you are the one trying to mislead people and I know it's not deliberate, it's just a matter of understanding... Now let me break it down in a simple way;
"each having a harp, and golden bowls full of incense, which are the prayers of the saints.." If you look at this statement very well you would notice that what the twenty-four elders were holding was what was stated using 'comas' and 'and'. You should also notice that it was stated that "and golden bowls full of incense, which are the prayers of the saints." You see? the bolded used the adjective 'which are' the prayers of saints NOT 'which is like' or 'which is as'. Hope you know the meaning of 'as and like' in grammars?
Now read the other scripture you used in buttressing your point and spot the difference..."
"Let my prayer be set forth before thee as incense; and the lifting up of my hands as the evening sacrifice."
Your point is?
Re: Catholicism Doctrines And Its Biblical Root(debunking An Argument) by macjireh: 3:45pm On Dec 21, 2014
italo:

You said burning incense is pagan.

Yet incense is burnt in heaven.

Shut up and give up.

i didn't wanna comment on ds but nevatheless

italo pls read ur statement and compare with d Bible. d Bible neva said insense are burnt in heaven, rather d prayers of d righteous are received in heaven as insense and at d right time they are poured out to God from d bowl
Re: Catholicism Doctrines And Its Biblical Root(debunking An Argument) by Nobody: 3:51pm On Dec 21, 2014
Proudly catholic. Living the faith. Glory to Jesus, Honour to mary
Re: Catholicism Doctrines And Its Biblical Root(debunking An Argument) by heatflux: 3:52pm On Dec 21, 2014
According to herald and co, the old testament is judaism and catholics practise paganism. If that is the case, I have these questions for you:
1) Why did Jesus spit on the sand and form a paste with it to heal the blind man when he could heal him without contact or even speaking a word? (Such pagan-like practises)
2) Elijah in the old testament had so many of such ritual-pagan-like miracles. Why didn't he heal or perform any miracle in his second life in the new testament?

1 Like

Re: Catholicism Doctrines And Its Biblical Root(debunking An Argument) by Anas09: 3:53pm On Dec 21, 2014
This is directed to @italo. I have been following the arguements here, but I want to say that most of the scriptures u cite are out of context, and if u take scriptures out of context u'll work in error. The scriptures are Ostensible, dats why u must understand why an instruction is given to do a particular thing. The bible says, precepts must be upon precepts, and statutes upon statudes. Follow and do as instructed. Please know this, all the religions of the world have grand masters. They regard Jesus as the grand master of christianity. Questions is, now we have Mary, we have Jesus, and pope, which one should they really take as our grand master?
Re: Catholicism Doctrines And Its Biblical Root(debunking An Argument) by brocab: 3:54pm On Dec 21, 2014
Do you honestly believe that?
Even the Pope believes it too, I suppose you are ready for the one world religion coming soon.
italo:

The authority with which you hold on to the Bible, THE CATHOLIC CHURCH - GOD'S ONE TRUE CHURCH.
Re: Catholicism Doctrines And Its Biblical Root(debunking An Argument) by brocab: 4:06pm On Dec 21, 2014
Well said: Do you judge, if not maybe you should, by there fruits you will know them.

Watch, and listen because many on this forum are reaching out to the lost, before Christ comes.

Maybe you should join us and share the good news, you know judgement is on the raise, then preach it.

Save all the hypocrites, who call themselves Christians.
kretiv:
All of you are jobless.

Instead of thinking on how to please God, you are arguing over churches.

I pity all hypocrites that call themselves "Christians" because on the judgement day no one will ask you which church you belong to, but how you lived your life.

"THE FEAR OF GOD IS THE BEGINNING OF WISDOM"
Re: Catholicism Doctrines And Its Biblical Root(debunking An Argument) by Nobody: 4:11pm On Dec 21, 2014
herald9:

grin

IgrigiMercenery:

**grins** Deolu, The difference between Deism and traditional/Animism is?

Chimdindu, you should quit stalking, you have the wrong person.

To answer your Q.

Deism is the believe in God without attachment to any doctrine or religious belief system.

In simpler terms; the thinking that there is a supreme being who created every thing natural but brushing of existence of religion in whatever guise. Unlike atheism that states there is no supreme being and no religion.

Animism/Traditional system are both religious beliefs, gerrit?

I should not have answered your stupid question but let me impart knowledge in a flat head.
Re: Catholicism Doctrines And Its Biblical Root(debunking An Argument) by Anas09: 4:14pm On Dec 21, 2014
Brethren pls, help me wif this info. I heard the Catholic church is considering making homosexuality a cannon in their church. There was a meeting to that effect. Is it true? Na beg I beg them ooo. Abeg make them no bring that kind shame near the church of christ abeg.
Re: Catholicism Doctrines And Its Biblical Root(debunking An Argument) by CMARY(m): 4:21pm On Dec 21, 2014
Jimmyo3:
Am old and learned enough to differ b/w good and bad,right and wrong the end shall justify though,so dont try to confuse me...
The truth is staring at your face, and you are feigning confusion. Accept the truth for only the truth shall set you free. Do not allow pride to hinder you, from seeing the light from true Faith. My proves are justifiable, by common sense and by the scriptures.
Re: Catholicism Doctrines And Its Biblical Root(debunking An Argument) by AfricaFace(f): 4:27pm On Dec 21, 2014
@FrancisTony.... May your days be long.... your children shall surround your table... you shall see your children's children.
for this truthful insight.. you will never lack from the blessings of the almighty....He shall give peace that will rein forever.

Remain blessed......
Re: Catholicism Doctrines And Its Biblical Root(debunking An Argument) by Anas09: 4:27pm On Dec 21, 2014
Italo, I hope you know that,that passage you r quoting abt the incense and the prayer of the saints, hasn't happened yet? That's going to be during the reign of the anti-christ. And its not literal incense, its even stated there, it means the prayer of the saints. Use scriptures within context pls.
Re: Catholicism Doctrines And Its Biblical Root(debunking An Argument) by brocab: 4:39pm On Dec 21, 2014
I actually went into a Catholic Church this evening, as I have always been puzzled about Catholic's paying tithes.

The priest don't really say much does he, its the people from all walks of life get up and read, I couldn't understand what was said: they weren't loud in speech, a million miles away.

I also noticed the priest receiving gifts of some sort, from Children.
Does that happen all the time?

I seen the three images {statues}, behind the priest, one of Jesus standing the other Jesus on the cross, and Jesus again as a baby with Mother Mary.

The seats were very uncomfortable hard to sit on, it was hard to see the front of the Church, there were massive poles in front of me.
And then later they called all the people for Holy communion, I wasn't invited because I'm not a Catholic,

I wonder if the Catholics will invite me to heaven?

Hey they ate something like bread and drank wine how cool.

Are we being ripped off we only eat a biscuit, and give us a berry drink.

That's different in the pentecostal Churches we accept everybody to join us when we do the Holy communion.

They don't announce the call on tithing, they do it in a quite way, while I was listing to the songs sang by the people in the corner, not the Church, and while I sat they pasted the plate around, and later while they had sang a few more songs they had past the plate around the second time.

Its not a verbal force, like we see in the pentecostal Churches, one might say" someone wasn't happy with the first plate past around.
Not enough money, they needed more.

The Catholics sang some bible verses, like Our Father in Heaven Hallowed be your name.

I had noticed the Church people say to each other "peace and safety be with you."

Thessalonians 5:3 say: For when they say peace and safety then sudden destruction comes upon them.

The Catholic Church will be the cause of the falling generation, many will die going to Hell.
Wake up, can't you see what's going on, the beast is at hand within the Church.

I had noticed while they were praying; bless our lord God and bless the Catholic Church as being the only true Church.
We are talking the End-times, the Pope is pushing for a one world religion.
He claims the Catholic Church is the only true Church.
Question is to whom?

The J Witness are also great followers of the Catholics, they have also been deceived by "Satan" pushing for the new world religion.
Churches from all walks of life, are heading this way.

Have you any imagination what the Churches would be like, if all religions came together, first there would be a lot of confusion. different Gods; the people will end up destroying each other, as planned.

Wake up people ask the lord into your lives, repent and ask for forgiveness. You may say you know Jesus, but does he know you?
The beast has rising, save yourselves and those around you; pray that you will meet the lord in the clouds. Amen....

I have been to a Mormon Church, it was like stepping into a courthouse, ready to be sentenced.
Re: Catholicism Doctrines And Its Biblical Root(debunking An Argument) by viper07: 4:54pm On Dec 21, 2014
lipsrsealed
Re: Catholicism Doctrines And Its Biblical Root(debunking An Argument) by brocab: 5:02pm On Dec 21, 2014
Yeh its true, the homosexuals are hitting all the Churches, You need to talk it out with your Pope, he's planning to bring in a one world religion system, so all religions around the globe become one.
Anas09:
Brethren pls, help me wif this info. I heard the Catholic church is considering making homosexuality a cannon in their church. There was a meeting to that effect. Is it true? Na beg I beg them ooo. Abeg make them no bring that kind shame near the church of christ abeg.
Re: Catholicism Doctrines And Its Biblical Root(debunking An Argument) by queebeediva(f): 5:45pm On Dec 21, 2014
Doctrin superority is distorbing ya all don't think of how to make heaven counitnue critizing your faith and yet you call yourselves christain bro and sist. Incase you don't no we are human and noting more and yet not even the most intellegent of all human can fully explain the mystry of God . So I refuse to join you guys commit that sin am out.
Re: Catholicism Doctrines And Its Biblical Root(debunking An Argument) by urchbarbie(f): 5:52pm On Dec 21, 2014
Anaskie:
This is why I love you. kiss
nna! but i lie?[color=#990000][/color] cry
Re: Catholicism Doctrines And Its Biblical Root(debunking An Argument) by hijaynation(m): 6:52pm On Dec 21, 2014
naijaobi:
Simple questions, they keep running arround

why worship/honour graven image? when God already made it clear in his law "Do not worship any graven image, be it representing anything in heaven or on earth.

Why pray to mary first and then ask mary to beg jesus and then that Jesus should talk to God.? When Jesus himself already told us "No one comes through the father except through me" He didnt say through Mary.

I just don't know why Nigerians don't like catholic.....all this redeem winners bla bla bla church's are not recognized everywhere even London declined winners from building a secondary school in their country but that can never happen to d Catholics cause they re a recognized church....all this bla bla church's all originated from nigeria a country Jesus never knew when he was on earth....and I guess Catholics are d ones who brought Christianity to nigeria smh for y'all

1 Like

Re: Catholicism Doctrines And Its Biblical Root(debunking An Argument) by Leem4: 6:55pm On Dec 21, 2014
I want to ask some question's,
what is the name of the first church in nigeria and the world, before the birth of jesus christ, which religion are the prophet of the lord practicing.
During the trans when elijah and moses, appear, which significance can anoda religion play in the life of jesus
Abraham, father of faith what religion, is he practice where is he
cc herald9
younsage

2 Likes

Re: Catholicism Doctrines And Its Biblical Root(debunking An Argument) by jeffoe(m): 7:17pm On Dec 21, 2014
Anas09:
you heard "hear say", these is a trademark of an ignorant and an illiterate gossiper do your proper research to get verifiable fact
visit vatican.va to get authentic church news and not from hungry bloggers
the church as over the years condemned homosexual act and not homosexuals. only the sick need the doctor 4rm Jesus himself.
Re: Catholicism Doctrines And Its Biblical Root(debunking An Argument) by Anas09: 7:40pm On Dec 21, 2014
Re: Catholicism Doctrines And Its Biblical Root(debunking An Argument) by NewSpiritMan: 8:18pm On Dec 21, 2014
Anas09:
What the pope is trying to get the world to understand is that these people are humans, they need our love and understanding. We need to live a life they can look at and say..."hey these people are correct. Let me be like them". The pope does not want to judge. He does not want to discriminate. Live an exemplary life that the gay can emulate. You would have done your part as a christian. Thanks.
Re: Catholicism Doctrines And Its Biblical Root(debunking An Argument) by urheme: 8:34pm On Dec 21, 2014
italo:

Rev5:8 Now when He had taken the scroll, the four living creatures and the twenty-four elders fell down before the Lamb, each having a harp, and golden bowls full of incense, which are the prayers of the saints.

Incense is used in heaven. Is heaven also pagan?

Give up!

Which heaven
Where you there
So we even have bowls in heaven embarassed

Revelation is just a nightmare or a bad dream that will never happen, that is why it is called revelation.
Re: Catholicism Doctrines And Its Biblical Root(debunking An Argument) by isdaline: 9:36pm On Dec 21, 2014
Op don't mind some people that don't know the difference between to honour and to worship. Catholics worship only God but also honour the righteous which is a good practice. The same people ccomplaining do honour others they regard as heroes here on this earth so what is wrong in honouring Mary. Again they complain about catholics kneeling before the cross yet their churches bear the symbol of the cross. Don't forget that pictorial presentation speaks to the mind better and in this would be deeper meditation.
Re: Catholicism Doctrines And Its Biblical Root(debunking An Argument) by usibengate(m): 9:51pm On Dec 21, 2014
Make I sleep first before I go come back come comment
Re: Catholicism Doctrines And Its Biblical Root(debunking An Argument) by Nobody: 10:22pm On Dec 21, 2014
Go to hell!

@ FrancisTony,Italo and my catholic brethrens....welldone.

herald9:
Lolz... I'm coming
Re: Catholicism Doctrines And Its Biblical Root(debunking An Argument) by Anaskie(m): 10:25pm On Dec 21, 2014
urchbarbie:
nna! but i lie?[color=#990000][/color] cry
Nne'm you know you are always on point.

1 Like

Re: Catholicism Doctrines And Its Biblical Root(debunking An Argument) by chukist: 10:48pm On Dec 21, 2014
Paying of ur tithe where is it written? Is nt old testament? Bringing ur first fruit to the church, is it nt the same old testament that contain it? And y are we still obeying this instruction in d old testament? Since wi believe that old testament is no longer relevant in our modern day Christianity
Re: Catholicism Doctrines And Its Biblical Root(debunking An Argument) by Nobody: 10:59pm On Dec 21, 2014
herald9:

Lolz... There's a relationship between burning of incense and the prayer of a believer.
Our prayers are like incense which rises into the nostrils of God...That's how incense worked in the olden days...Now that Jesus brought a new covenant... burning of incense is a sin to God.

And from that passage you quoted above... we can conclude that the bowl full of incense are the prayers of the righteous.

Not still convince?

Answer the questions on my next post.
did God communicate to you personally that burning of incense is a sin? Or are you God's spokesman? Be careful with what you say, no man speaks for God.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Evangelist Billy Graham Dies At 99 / Virgin Mary Image Seen On Hospital Window In Malaysia / Pastor Newman Edward Reveals 7 Revelations Shown To Him By God

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.