Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,197 members, 7,860,296 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 09:05 AM

Will South South Support South East When The Time Comes? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Will South South Support South East When The Time Comes? (778 Views)

Jonathan'll Declare A Marshal Plan To Rebuild North East When Re-elected- Mu’azu / PDP Youth South/South East Rally & Townhall Meeting (Photos) / Will The South South Support Us In 2015 As We Supported Them In 2011? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Will South South Support South East When The Time Comes? by Dereformer(m): 2:08pm On Dec 19, 2014
I want to start this writeup by saying I am a die hard supporter of GEJ. No amount of campaign of calumny by APC will make me and my family and of course my entire students vote APC. Never.

I want to also say that I am the proudest Igbo man on earth. So nobody should be in doubt.

I am beginning to get worried as to whether we the Igbos will get the same level of support from our South south brother as we have given them in the past and even now.

It is on record that one of the greatest reasons why my beloved country, Biafra , was defeated in the war was because of the sabotage from our brothers in the south south.

My father told me that, had the south south not joined forces with the Nigerian government, we would have received the much needed arms and ammunition including relief materials, from Gabon and other countries that recognized Biafra, through Port Harcourt.

We have put all that behind us as evidenced by the maximum support we gave one of their own in the 2011 presidential election and also by the even greater support we will give them come February 2015.

The federal government before the emergence of GEJ has always created enmity between the south east and the south south. It is this divide and rule approach that has characterized federal government's dealings with the south south and south east.

GEJ will win the election come 2015, that I am very sure of. But again, will the south south support the south east when the time comes as it will soon come?

Please APC and all their supporters should keep off this thread.
Re: Will South South Support South East When The Time Comes? by wordcat(m): 2:40pm On Dec 19, 2014
South South will NOT support the Igbos when the time comes neither will North and the rest of Nigeria support the igbos. The reason I said so is because we don't have a base, we don't have anywhere we stand, we are only good at singing praises to any incumbent president!

5 Likes

Re: Will South South Support South East When The Time Comes? by meccuno: 2:41pm On Dec 19, 2014
Dereformer:
I want to start this writeup by saying I am a die hard supporter of GEJ. No amount of campaign of calumny by APC will make me and my family and of course my entire students vote APC. Never.

I want to also say that I am the proudest Igbo man on earth. So nobody should be in doubt.

I am beginning to get worried as to whether we the Igbos will get the same level of support from our South south brother as we have given them in the past and even now.

It is on record that one of the greatest reasons why my beloved country, Biafra , was defeated in the war was because of the sabotage from our brothers in the south south.

My father told me that, had the south south not joined forces with the Nigerian government, we would have received the much needed arms and ammunition including relief materials, from Gabon and other countries that recognized Biafra, through Port Harcourt.

We have put all that behind us as evidenced by the maximum support we gave one of their own in the 2011 presidential election and also by the even greater support we will give them come February 2015.

The federal government before the emergence of GEJ has always created enmity between the south east and the south south. It is this divide and rule approach that has characterized federal government's dealings with the south south and south east.

GEJ will win the election come 2015, that I am very sure of. But again, will the south south support the south east when the time comes as it will soon come?

you are not igbo.....stop fooling your self please......concentrate on what problems need to be solved in ur village and leave the igbos alone.

3 Likes

Re: Will South South Support South East When The Time Comes? by LogicPower(m): 2:45pm On Dec 19, 2014
Dereformer:

1. The first question you, your family and your entire students (I hope you are not using your position to brainwash and coerce them) should try to answer is this: WHY are you, all of you, so fanatically and inflexibly fixated on supporting GEJ/PDP, no matter what?

2. How do you think the SS see your ardent support for their kinsman? I mean do you think they see you as supporting him so ardently just for some strong sense of altruistic, brotherly solidarity with them, or for your own individual, group or sub-regional interests?

3. You seem to have mixed up two kinds of the potential support your SS brothers can render to your, namely the support of your presidential candidate in a future election and the support of your Biafran dream when, and if, it is rekindled and the battle for its realization begins.

4. Considering the ethno-political realities of the SS region, I think you can count MORE on the SS people's support for an Igbo presidential candidate than you can ever count on any kind of military, strategic or even moral support from them in the event of a second Biafra war breaking out.

2 Likes

Re: Will South South Support South East When The Time Comes? by kokoA(m): 2:56pm On Dec 19, 2014
Lol.. I laugh at "when the time comes".. grin that time will never "come". You don't sit down and wait for your time to "come", you make yourself relevant and fight for what is yours. Your people are only good at praise singing. An igbo APGA chieftain said GEJ has failed the east but they will still vote for him next year. shocked Believe me, when Buhari wins 2015 election the igbos will be the first to congratulate him and begin to sing his praises to high heavens.. Your people have no stand, they support anybody in power. The south south people are more politically intelligent than you guys, they will only support anybody that will protect their interest.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

MTN Data 1gb @ 1300. 2gb @ 2300. Contact 08039147922 / Father Mbaka Jonathan Courts Corrupt Officials / Buhari And His Certificates

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.