Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,337 members, 7,815,671 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:17 PM

Is Using Your Partner As Your DP A Sign Of Love? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is Using Your Partner As Your DP A Sign Of Love? (33205 Views)

PIC: When Your Side Guy Insists You Use His Picture As Your DP / Can U Tell Your Partner Your 'real' Income? / Can You Tell Your Partner Your E-mail Account Password & Your Atm Card Pin? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Using Your Partner As Your DP A Sign Of Love? by arvinsloane(m): 5:36pm On Dec 19, 2014
It happens that most people in relationships once in a while make there partner their DP

Most partners/ spouse avoid doing that,even when they are seriously in U

Now the quest is:
1 Putting ur partners pix as ur dp...does it show love or trust?

2 partner that is avoiding putting his/her partners pix on there BBM or WHATsApp or other social network platform, does it means they are unfaithful or they don't love their partner?
There is this girl who has threaten to break up with me if I don't use her pix on my BBM. I have asked her to go ahead because I'm not ready to do that.
Pls share ur view..
Re: Is Using Your Partner As Your DP A Sign Of Love? by temitemi1(m): 5:43pm On Dec 19, 2014
It shows how much u cherish n proud of ur lover or spouse. I do this all the time grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Is Using Your Partner As Your DP A Sign Of Love? by SeverusSnape(m): 5:44pm On Dec 19, 2014
I personally think it's not a sign of genuine love, A person can just upload a photo of his/her lover just to please him/her, Though some people do it to show others that they are taken(in a relationship), Its still not a sign of love.
Re: Is Using Your Partner As Your DP A Sign Of Love? by Emodeee: 5:51pm On Dec 19, 2014
yez, buh it is a sign of being stupid in luv. y do i say dat? cos u guyz r nt yet married. d consequential effect is dat, it will chase away all other intending suitors.
i'm nt saying u shouldn't use ya b.f or g.f as dp buh dn't let it be often.
Re: Is Using Your Partner As Your DP A Sign Of Love? by Nobody: 5:54pm On Dec 19, 2014
I used to do it but not always.
Re: Is Using Your Partner As Your DP A Sign Of Love? by ammyluv2002(f): 5:55pm On Dec 19, 2014
kristina1:
Same here! Like once in yellow moon grin grin
Re: Is Using Your Partner As Your DP A Sign Of Love? by Nobody: 5:58pm On Dec 19, 2014
ammyluv2002:
Same here! Like once in yellow moon grin grin
Exactly! lol
And i enjoy guys usn my pix as deir dp.
Re: Is Using Your Partner As Your DP A Sign Of Love? by chimerase2: 6:00pm On Dec 19, 2014
It was before but nt now I use ma sistas
Cus dey re de best cheesy
Dey most beautiful maidens I hv seen
Re: Is Using Your Partner As Your DP A Sign Of Love? by chimerase2: 6:05pm On Dec 19, 2014
kristina1:

Exactly! lol
And i enjoy guys usn my pix as deir dp.
ok I get oya send me ua own nah leme use it embarassed
Re: Is Using Your Partner As Your DP A Sign Of Love? by 1one: 6:06pm On Dec 19, 2014
I don't think it's a sign of love.... But it's also a way to somewhat re-assure your partner that you're not ashamed of them, and that they are the only person you're seeing.

The dynamics of a relationship varies from person to person, some people don't mind if their partners don't put their pictures as dps, while others "demand" it, not necessarily out of paranoia, insecurity or jealously, but that's how they personally interprete expression of love.

Summarily, whatever works for you, if you're in a committed relationship and you know your partner loves "PDADP" [Public Display of Affection on Display Picture], then very much so, please do it.

5 Likes

Re: Is Using Your Partner As Your DP A Sign Of Love? by Nobody: 6:08pm On Dec 19, 2014
chimerase2:
ok I get oya send me ua own nah leme use it embarassed
lol.......dnt bother urself
Re: Is Using Your Partner As Your DP A Sign Of Love? by lilmax(m): 6:11pm On Dec 19, 2014
It's never a sign

1 Like

Re: Is Using Your Partner As Your DP A Sign Of Love? by tosyne2much(m): 6:28pm On Dec 19, 2014
1one:
I don't think it's a sign of love.... But it's also a way to somewhat re-assure your partner that you're not ashamed of them, and that they are the only person you're seeing.

The dynamics of a relationship varies from person to person, some people don't mind if their partners don't put their pictures as dps, while others "demand" it, not necessarily out of paranoia, insecurity or jealously, but that's how they personally interprete expression of love.

Summarily, whatever works for you, if you're in a committed relationship and you know your partner loves "PDADP" [Public Display of Affection on Display Picture], then very much so, please do it.
I don't think I can make more sense than this

You saved me from typing stress

** kudos **

1 Like

Re: Is Using Your Partner As Your DP A Sign Of Love? by arvinsloane(m): 6:29pm On Dec 19, 2014
1one:

You have spoken well... I am a salesman and mostly all my customers , bosses and prospects are on my bbm list and whatsapp... I don't feel comfortable using a ladies pix cos it makes me look like a joker. Do you really think using a ladies pix on my Dp will have any effect on the people I do business with. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Is Using Your Partner As Your DP A Sign Of Love? by 1one: 6:30pm On Dec 19, 2014
tosyne2much:
I don't think I can make more sense than this

You saved me from typing stress

** kudos **

Thanks man cool
Re: Is Using Your Partner As Your DP A Sign Of Love? by 1one: 6:35pm On Dec 19, 2014
arvinsloane:

You have spoken well... I am a salesman and mostly all my customers , bosses and prospects are on my bbm list and whatsapp... I don't feel comfortable using a ladies pix cos it makes me look like a joker. Do you really think using a ladies pix on my Dp will have any effect on the people I do business with. Thanks

True...In your own case, your woman should be objective enough to see reasons, I don't think it's ethically appropriate business wise, to put your woman's picture as her dp since most of your contacts are business clients or prospects... But maybe on special occasions-her birthday... Feb 14 and others. Atleast your business partners are also human beings and not machines, they too must have and appreciate someone special in their lives.

3 Likes

Re: Is Using Your Partner As Your DP A Sign Of Love? by justmag(m): 6:49pm On Dec 19, 2014
Why do people make simple things so complex. It's just as simple as dat. "Your face as my dp" fin!! People get sooo sensitive about that. There are tooo many signs of love that people tend to ignore but then they find sign
s of love in something as simple as this. I say this because I have seen situations where a couple get into pointless arguments because one person refuses to use their picture as a dp. It's really not healthy sometimes.

1 Like

Re: Is Using Your Partner As Your DP A Sign Of Love? by AijaiI(f): 6:54pm On Dec 19, 2014
just like @1one said, wanting ur bf/gf 2 use u as dp does nt necessarily stem out jealousy or possessiveness. it's a reassuring thingy, it means u're proud of dis person, dat u're identifying urself wit dis person. it doesn't hav 2 be sth u do always but do appreciate esp wen u hav dis very beautiful/handsome pic of d person. Anytin odawise is B.S

3 Likes

Re: Is Using Your Partner As Your DP A Sign Of Love? by arvinsloane(m): 7:04pm On Dec 19, 2014
1one:

True...In your own case, your woman should be objective enough to see reasons, I don't think it's ethically appropriate business wise, to put your woman's picture as her dp since most of your contacts are business clients or prospects... But maybe on special occasions-her birthday... Feb 14 and others. Atleast your business partners are also human beings and not machines, they too must have and appreciate someone special in their lives.
Thanks bro.... ** madam Nkechi... Abeg give this oga 2 pots of isi ewu and nkwobi. With 5 bottles of small stout...after work,come house come collect money***
Re: Is Using Your Partner As Your DP A Sign Of Love? by jnrbayano(m): 7:09pm On Dec 19, 2014
Op,

It is never a sign, it's just an imported 21st century mundane desire.

The onus is on patners to love themselves well enough not to even notice a social media display picture upload.

My mum of blessed memory never knew what "over-bloated display picture" is, but never was she found wanting in loving my dad.

I don't do a relationship which is akin to "click like" if you love Jesus, "don't click like" if you love satan I always ask them, "so if I refuse to click "like" does that mean I don't like Jesus?"

Relate the two.
Re: Is Using Your Partner As Your DP A Sign Of Love? by emperorchedda(m): 7:12pm On Dec 19, 2014
Re: Is Using Your Partner As Your DP A Sign Of Love? by 1one: 7:22pm On Dec 19, 2014
arvinsloane:

Thanks bro.... ** madam Nkechi... Abeg give this oga 2 pots of isi ewu and nkwobi. With 5 bottles of small stout...after work,come house come collect money***

Hahahahaha!!! gringrin

*madam Nkechi... Abeg heLEP me change those 5bottles of stout to 3packs of Chivita Juice and 2 cans of Amstel Malta*

*Make the Isi-ewu sweet ooo*

gringringrin
Re: Is Using Your Partner As Your DP A Sign Of Love? by arvinsloane(m): 8:44pm On Dec 19, 2014
jnrbayano:
Op,

It is never a sign, it's just an imported 21st century mundane desire.

The onus is on patners to love themselves well enough not to even notice a social media display picture upload.

My mum of blessed memory never knew what "over-bloated display picture" is, but never was she found wanting in loving my dad.

I don't do a relationship which is akin to "click like" if you love Jesus, "don't click like" if you love satan I always ask them, "so if I refuse to click "like" does that mean I don't like Jesus?"

Relate the two.
You are making sense. I got you bro
Re: Is Using Your Partner As Your DP A Sign Of Love? by arvinsloane(m): 8:46pm On Dec 19, 2014
1one:

Hahahahaha!!! gringrin

*madam Nkechi... Abeg heLEP me change those 5bottles of stout to 3packs of Chivita Juice and 2 cans of Amstel Malta*

*Make the Isi-ewu sweet ooo*

gringringrin
Hehehehehehehehehe..... That one na jedi jedi o.... Weldone bro

1 Like

Re: Is Using Your Partner As Your DP A Sign Of Love? by kaboninc(m): 9:25pm On Dec 19, 2014
kristina1:

You used to do it but not always? Huh?
Re: Is Using Your Partner As Your DP A Sign Of Love? by wizard007(m): 9:27pm On Dec 19, 2014
Only dp? Mtcheeew e easy......I can be putting pics of 100 girls sef, so if that's your own assurance no wahala grin I know a friend who has not used himself for two years, even on his bday, na cake dey there, it's only kids that cry over these kinda things.
Re: Is Using Your Partner As Your DP A Sign Of Love? by wizard007(m): 9:28pm On Dec 19, 2014
kaboninc:

You used to do it but not always? Huh?

Na slip of finger cheesy
Re: Is Using Your Partner As Your DP A Sign Of Love? by Missmossy(f): 9:31pm On Dec 19, 2014
Ofcourse its a sign of love even fake love is announced via dp grin its a good thing cool
Re: Is Using Your Partner As Your DP A Sign Of Love? by kokoA(m): 11:13pm On Dec 19, 2014
I do this for all my new "catchs".. It shortens the "toasting" process grin when I get wetin I dey find nothing for u again oo.
Re: Is Using Your Partner As Your DP A Sign Of Love? by ronald4lif(m): 11:16pm On Dec 19, 2014
It ruins show especially when you are eyeing someone else
Re: Is Using Your Partner As Your DP A Sign Of Love? by TrishaP(f): 11:18pm On Dec 19, 2014
Umm I can't really tell

But most peeps see as Love
Re: Is Using Your Partner As Your DP A Sign Of Love? by Ucheosefoh(m): 11:42pm On Dec 19, 2014
It means a lot of things to many people somebody like me do use a picture of the girl I am wooing or that of my girlfriend or friends with benefit as DP if the other person ask I will tell her she is a cousin a good cousin for that matter

(1) (2) (Reply)

Caption This Couple's Wedding Picture / 13-Year-Old Girl Flees With Boyfriend In Lagos / Married Man Caught While Looking For A Hook Up As His Lonely Wife Laments.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.