Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,355 members, 7,819,258 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:26 PM

Is it Possible for a AA genotype to give birth to SC.. Are They My Parents? - Health (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Is it Possible for a AA genotype to give birth to SC.. Are They My Parents? (57910 Views)

Is It Possible For A Hiv Positive Man Not To Pass It To His Wife? / Help! His Genotype Is AA And His Wife's Genotype Is AS But Their Daughter is SS / Please Explain Genotype AA (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is it Possible for a AA genotype to give birth to SC.. Are They My Parents? by Sagamite(m): 4:35pm On Jun 26, 2015
alabiyemmy:
oNLY YOUR mUM CAN ANSWER YOUR QUESTION.

What a moronic statement!

That also goes for the 41 cretins that clicked like.

Fooool, the mum is AA.

6 Likes

Re: Is it Possible for a AA genotype to give birth to SC.. Are They My Parents? by ideologies(m): 4:37pm On Jun 26, 2015
adamshuaib:
First Page tinzz

its SS not SC
Its AA or AS or SS
Noo SC, it doesn't exist
SS can only be given birth by AS + AS soo both ur parents had to be AS to get u
sc -sickle cell
Re: Is it Possible for a AA genotype to give birth to SC.. Are They My Parents? by AmarachiOnuoha(m): 4:38pm On Jun 26, 2015
That which is imposseble before men, may be possible before God. I advise u live ur live for God.
Re: Is it Possible for a AA genotype to give birth to SC.. Are They My Parents? by Sagamite(m): 4:38pm On Jun 26, 2015
MummyEsther:
Please forgive me first for what im about to say but it might be correct.

Your dad must have had you from a woman who had SC. I'm sorry its quite harsh to conclude it like this but that's the only medical explanation. Your mom must have taken you from your biological mom. it probably was an arrangement btw your mom and dad. Did they tell you they waited for a few years without a child before they had you?
I'm on the ttc forum where i saw your post, so I know such can happen especially if your dad was fertile and mom was not. As at that time they had you.

It could also be that they adopted you. Only DNA can prove all your doubts..

All you should worry about is your health and how to live long, don't press on them too much if they refuse to tell you. What trying to conceive women face in their homes and environment is enough to kill a woman psychologically.

Or possibly Nigeria's useless nurses mixed up new born babies.

1 Like

Re: Is it Possible for a AA genotype to give birth to SC.. Are They My Parents? by Nobody: 4:38pm On Jun 26, 2015
if u ask me na who I go ask

Do you live in Akwa Ibom State? Do you relish the desire to own your own business with little start up capital and promising returns in investment? Do you hope to look into the mirror each morning and know you are talking to the boss? Are you enterprising?/Would you love to be? Do you have an aptitude for thinking out of the box? Then call or add me up on whatsapp 08085188110. You will be glad you did
Re: Is it Possible for a AA genotype to give birth to SC.. Are They My Parents? by Badfinga: 4:38pm On Jun 26, 2015
Please which one is SC? It never appeared during my biology class
Re: Is it Possible for a AA genotype to give birth to SC.. Are They My Parents? by pekelepekele(m): 4:40pm On Jun 26, 2015
I know someone that his blood group changes from AA to SS when he turned 18. no joke...

spiritual attack can change your blood group.

if you like don't believe me , I will advise the OP to be closer to God.
Re: Is it Possible for a AA genotype to give birth to SC.. Are They My Parents? by bigfrancis21: 4:41pm On Jun 26, 2015
Leem4:
[b]i was born in the mid 90s. At birth i am a very healthy child according to my mum and relatives. My mum said, she can count the number's of time she took to the hospital.

It all started, when i am six years old, i started having crises. Majorly rheumatic pains in my body.
When these become convesant, our doctor told my, parent to carry out genotype test on me. As per the result of the test, i am SC. Since i am young, i dont have the knowlegde nor understanding about these.

Some month ago, a program is being aired in regards to advice to youth, base on genotype.
Then i voiced out to my parent, that as an literate , WHY did they get married to each other when they knew they will give bith to SS. WHY did they give birth to me to make me suffer. WHY do i have to live my life like these always, (they dont allow me to get involve in many activities ). As the conversation ensued, my mum said, during her time, the awareness level is low, and people dont even mind it.

Six years ago, for rougly two years, i didnt go the hospital, talkless of having crises. Am very healthy, but since last year, the crises and many health issue erupt again.

We relocated, then we changed our hospital, the doc the said my parents and i should go for genotype test and blood group test.
THIS is where the problem lie's, my mum is AA and my dad is AC. Regarding to the bloog group test, all of us are A+. With my little, knowledge, about genetics, if AA and AC is cross breed, they will give rise to AA AC AA AA. And they are both A+ they will give birth to A+. When i showed my mum these mistake, he told my dad, then we went to another hospital to retake the test which is still the same.
Now my question is this possible,? Is there any scientific backing about these, or are the not my parent, but i have physical resemblance to my dad.
Please i need your answer's
[/b]

I'm actually hearing of SC, AC and CC for the first time. During my undergraduate days when I took genetics class, we were only taught of AA, AS and SS genotypes. I guess I would have to update my knowledge.

I guess it is one of those rare genetic medical cases where certain medical events occur out of the ordinary or beyond the norm. I have read of stories where two sicklers (SS) have had an AA child.

A sure way to find out would be to have your dad tested for paternity.
Re: Is it Possible for a AA genotype to give birth to SC.. Are They My Parents? by natedalo: 4:41pm On Jun 26, 2015
Badfinga:
Please which one is SC? It never appeared during my biology class
It is beyond the scope of biology. You learn it in haematology if head in the direction of medicine and surgery

1 Like

Re: Is it Possible for a AA genotype to give birth to SC.. Are They My Parents? by donefezy: 4:42pm On Jun 26, 2015
Malawian:

sister, we have talked about this things before on another thread. there is something known as recessive genes. they can be dormant for even up to three generations but it is still there in your family DNA and could manifest anytime it choses.
we have a similar situation in my family even when both my parents are AA.
Bros please are you a science student? Cause this ur explanation ehn e get coma at the end
Re: Is it Possible for a AA genotype to give birth to SC.. Are They My Parents? by sammy455(m): 4:42pm On Jun 26, 2015
Leem4:
[b]i was born in the mid 90s. At birth i am a very healthy child according to my mum and relatives. My mum said, she can count the number's of time she took to the hospital.

It all started, when i am six years old, i started having crises. Majorly rheumatic pains in my body.
When these become convesant, our doctor told my, parent to carry out genotype test on me. As per the result of the test, i am SC. Since i am young, i dont have the knowlegde nor understanding about these.

Some month ago, a program is being aired in regards to advice to youth, base on genotype.
Then i voiced out to my parent, that as an literate , WHY did they get married to each other when they knew they will give bith to SS. WHY did they give birth to me to make me suffer. WHY do i have to live my life like these always, (they dont allow me to get involve in many activities ). As the conversation ensued, my mum said, during her time, the awareness level is low, and people dont even mind it.

Six years ago, for rougly two years, i didnt go the hospital, talkless of having crises. Am very healthy, but since last year, the crises and many health issue erupt again.

We relocated, then we changed our hospital, the doc the said my parents and i should go for genotype test and blood group test.
THIS is where the problem lie's, my mum is AA and my dad is AC. Regarding to the bloog group test, all of us are A+. With my little, knowledge, about genetics, if AA and AC is cross breed, they will give rise to AA AC AA AA. And they are both A+ they will give birth to A+. When i showed my mum these mistake, he told my dad, then we went to another hospital to retake the test which is still the same.
Now my question is this possible,? Is there any scientific backing about these, or are the not my parent, but i have physical resemblance to my dad.
Please i need your answer's ......

A man or woman with AS or AC or SS or SC or CC (very rare) cannot marry each other, if they want to avoid SS or SC.
They must marry a partner with AA, if they don't want to born a child with Sickle call syndrome.
If AS or AC marry each other, they have 25% chance of having a sickle child at every birth. If they marry SS or SC, they have 50% chance of having a sickle cell child at every birth.
Please note all their kids could be AS AC or AA.

If SS or SC marry each other, it's is nothing other than a terrible disaster.
All their children will have Sickle cell
SC and SS are almost the same only that SS suffers more severe crisis than SC carrier. You might not notice the presence of the disease on the body of SC carrier, unlike in SS.

Solution
The only thing that can change the genotype is an intentional act like BMT.
Bone Marrow transplant technology has been proven to be the only permanent cure to SS SC and CC; however, it is new, very expensive and cannot be done in any part of Africa, and carries some risks.
Naturally, environment or time cannot change genotype.

Please Note: Divine Miracles can change it as well - it has happened in so many part of the world.
Again, some SS carriers may start experiencing crisis at late age (as late as 40s).
If these sets of people go for test in a quack lab, definitely the lab technician will assume AA or AS since the person is not having the symptom.
Later in life it will become obvious when the symptom have come up, and another lab technician will report SS.

[/b]
Re: Is it Possible for a AA genotype to give birth to SC.. Are They My Parents? by Anextin(f): 4:44pm On Jun 26, 2015
adamshuaib:
First Page tinzz

its SS not SC
Its AA or AS or SS
Noo SC, it doesn't exist
do your research extensively, the person suffering from it, told u what he's battling with. SC does exist and their are more too. Its not limited to AA, AS
Re: Is it Possible for a AA genotype to give birth to SC.. Are They My Parents? by adanduka: 4:44pm On Jun 26, 2015
Don't know SC sha.
But it is possible and here's why...

How did the first SS happen?
How did the first albino come about?
How did many firsts happen?

There is always a first time, it is called the variety of life.

Get to heaven. God has the answer.
Re: Is it Possible for a AA genotype to give birth to SC.. Are They My Parents? by Anextin(f): 4:46pm On Jun 26, 2015
akudinaobi:

Thanks @adams they nearly got me confuse about genetics sc ac tin
And as for poster pls bury the hatchet ,don't dig out what you can condole its smell ,if you really wana know ur mom has all explanation to make she is manuplating the whole thing likewise you that is lying to this forum the you subjeted your parents to regular test
Why not request for dna text
my dear, ur Adams is wrong, SC does exist but it's rare. Pls do a little research and find out more

1 Like

Re: Is it Possible for a AA genotype to give birth to SC.. Are They My Parents? by Ultimate001: 4:48pm On Jun 26, 2015
Leem4:

Please i need your answer's
[/b]
Mutation cannot be that significant now....#thinking! But now that u've said you resemble ur dad, God knows best!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Is it Possible for a AA genotype to give birth to SC.. Are They My Parents? by dedugbaa(m): 4:48pm On Jun 26, 2015
I sympathize with you on this dilemma.Since your father is AC , your assumed mum is AA and you SC. Am sorry to inform you The only possible offspring of such union are AA and AC .You are definitely not the biological son of the wife of your dad. Since your share similar allele of C with your dad and seems to share facial resemblance ask him about your biological mum is most like your biological dad. Otherwise go for DNA test Contact DR Taiwo or Dr Minari of Cell biology and genetics department of Unilag.Such cases are routinely handled mind you,you might need professional counselling.

1 Like

Re: Is it Possible for a AA genotype to give birth to SC.. Are They My Parents? by axfix(m): 4:50pm On Jun 26, 2015
figur:
It is also possible you could have been switched at birth by the nurses/midwives mistakenly.As for you taking after your dad in appearance...well children tend to take after the physical appearances and characteristics of those who bring them up after a while.
So true dear.
Re: Is it Possible for a AA genotype to give birth to SC.. Are They My Parents? by ednut1(m): 4:50pm On Jun 26, 2015
take ur parents brush/ comb and go do dna. case closed
Re: Is it Possible for a AA genotype to give birth to SC.. Are They My Parents? by Dollarboom: 4:55pm On Jun 26, 2015
I have this to say to you,being an enlightened and an inquisitive person ,yes,do all the research you can to understand what is happening to you,it is OK. But at the end of it all,accept that what has happened,has happened and is beyond anybody's control. If your parents have been loving parents, appreciate them and make the best of what has come your way. Sometimes, one thinks,has the worst situation until he sees what others are living with. Life is a gift and life is short ,make good use of what you can grab out of it. After all,we are like pencils in the hand of God and he uses us to write whatever he wants.

Meanwhile,

Let your money work for you.

Let me use my 8 years acquired knowledge and secret of forex business to manage an account for you. You can talk to me right away on: 08162868544.
Re: Is it Possible for a AA genotype to give birth to SC.. Are They My Parents? by donefezy: 4:55pm On Jun 26, 2015
Pope22:

Don't get confused by all these people talking one thing or the other here, that is nairaland for you; most of them don't know when someone is serious.

Let me tell you something, there is something they call "mutation", its a kind of variation or alteration in the genotype of the offsprings. Normally, parents with AA and AA genotype will never have an offspring with AS but if mutation occurs, there is alteration and they will have an offspring with AS genotype, atleast one. Likewise parents with AA and AS like your parents are supposed to have offsprings with AA and AS gentypes but if mutation occurs, one of you is likely to have SS and its unfoortunate you happen to be the one that the mutation occured, so they are your parents and dont feel bad. You can get married to a guy with AA and have AS offsprings and you live your normal like. I am AA and I can get married to any lady regardless of her genotype so long there is love.

Mutation is always rare but it happens sometimes, so don't listen to these people. Goodluck.
Bros plz which course did you study.Cos only you understood what's wrong with her genotype
Re: Is it Possible for a AA genotype to give birth to SC.. Are They My Parents? by Shinatu: 4:55pm On Jun 26, 2015
I am an SC of over decades, my mum who was a midwife was so sure that she was an AA and it did not occur to her or the doctors to do a gynotype test for a long time after my crisis started, after it was done and it was discovered I was SC she was amazed.

Many people did not know the 'c' cell existed then and from what I have read ont this thread, many are still ignorant.

We all took it as a mistake that my mum did not know her real gynotype due to the fact that it was not commom, we never even thought of carrying out another test on my mum, the issue of who my mother was did not come up, I look like her anyway so there was no doubt.

The 'C' cell may not be an easy one to detect for ignorant laboratories, you may want to go for well established ones.

Never mind, your crisis will reduce and will not be intense anymore after sometime by God's grace.

3 Likes

Re: Is it Possible for a AA genotype to give birth to SC.. Are They My Parents? by Nobody: 4:56pm On Jun 26, 2015
Insidous:

Ode!
Read it again!

MOTHER ODE,
I NO READ AM, COME READ AM FOR ME undecided
Re: Is it Possible for a AA genotype to give birth to SC.. Are They My Parents? by sursur(m): 5:02pm On Jun 26, 2015
mezebel:
House I just discovered am AA,D negative and my man is equally AA but O' positive. What will be the gene of my children?
AD, AO grand chirld AP.C
Ï just discovered oo
Re: Is it Possible for a AA genotype to give birth to SC.. Are They My Parents? by Oluseyi2008(m): 5:05pm On Jun 26, 2015
Leem4:
PLS READ TRU AGAIN my mum is AA, AND I AM SC, AND DAD IS AS. SO I HAVE MY DAD S GENE, WHERE DID THE C IN MY GEN COME FROM

It not your so call FATHER that is your real father ask your mum WHO IS YOUR REAL FATHER?
Re: Is it Possible for a AA genotype to give birth to SC.. Are They My Parents? by MrsAnyanwu(f): 5:05pm On Jun 26, 2015
Pls we should try to giv soothing advices to dis young lady, from wht I am reading here, let dis young lady not suffer more Dan she has already suffered pls, young lady I don't hv any advice To give u, but pls take it easy with d parents dat brought u into dis world nd nurtured u pls, I feel ur pain , God bless nd heal ur soul .......
Re: Is it Possible for a AA genotype to give birth to SC.. Are They My Parents? by Pope22(m): 5:06pm On Jun 26, 2015
donefezy:

Bros plz which course did you study.Cos only you understood what's wrong with her genotype
You don't need to be a doctor before you can read up certain things you should know. Besides, back in secondary school they taught us about mutation under biology and that topic will always remain in my memory because its something everybody might exprience. I later read more about about that mutation when I left secondary school.

As for course I studied in the university, I was once a medical student but changed in my 2nd year to engineering because I have always dreamed of being an Engineer. Read anything you see and believe me, you will be versatile in knowledge.

1 Like

Re: Is it Possible for a AA genotype to give birth to SC.. Are They My Parents? by tracksmith: 5:07pm On Jun 26, 2015
My sista SC changes lik winch" i was born wit hemoglobin S C n F. Today most blood test show AS. Bt d truth is ur mum may nt b liein . I had early typd for 20min and i sent d msg bt it didnt reflect on NL. If u go again for electropholysis they wil b able to c d carrier 4get blood test it dsnt work always 4 SC even u wil notice in som blood test dat u r nt SC. I am almost 30 so I know wat I am sayn I am d wan dat has tasted al d sicklers cross n refusd to die. I am 76kg today. Bt dat wasnt always d case. Nxt time i wil xplan to u beta. Nevedles ask ur mum bt dnt disturb ha. SC isnt even knwn by medical people talkles of SO or B.thalasmia or Even E

1 Like

Re: Is it Possible for a AA genotype to give birth to SC.. Are They My Parents? by donefezy: 5:07pm On Jun 26, 2015
Nani4all:
Is either your mum is hiding something or Possibly 'point mutation' has occurred
#ThumbsUp
But i will go for FRAME SHIFT MUTATION, since it occurs at the gene level
Re: Is it Possible for a AA genotype to give birth to SC.. Are They My Parents? by precisionindepth: 5:08pm On Jun 26, 2015
adamshuaib:
First Page tinzz

its SS not SC
Its AA or AS or SS
Noo SC, it doesn't exist
there is SC but very rare
Re: Is it Possible for a AA genotype to give birth to SC.. Are They My Parents? by supersonic(m): 5:13pm On Jun 26, 2015
adamshuaib:
First Page tinzz

its SS not SC
Its AA or AS or SS
Noo SC, it doesn't exist
I don't agree with you. I have a very close relative who is SC,though she still have crises but she is seriously ok.
Re: Is it Possible for a AA genotype to give birth to SC.. Are They My Parents? by andyanders: 5:14pm On Jun 26, 2015
alabiyemmy:
oNLY YOUR mUM CAN ANSWER YOUR QUESTION.

Maybe your mother should tell you the truth.
Re: Is it Possible for a AA genotype to give birth to SC.. Are They My Parents? by gbengus26(m): 5:15pm On Jun 26, 2015
Your mother alone can answer your question and if you are not satisfy with her response, you can go for DNA test.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

"How Painful Coronavirus Testing Is" - Woman Shares Video / Flood ‘chases’ Corpses Out Of Mortuary In Lagos / Before And After Pictures Of Woman Who Got Pregnant

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.