Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,487 members, 7,819,762 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:43 PM

This Was How President Jonathan Met Our Railway System (Pictures) - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / This Was How President Jonathan Met Our Railway System (Pictures) (49993 Views)

How President Buhari Can Stop Boko Haram - Prophet Cardinal Onaiyekan / How President Buhari Chose The Ministerial Nominees – Garba Shehu / How Jonathan Met Atiku In Yola (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: This Was How President Jonathan Met Our Railway System (Pictures) by angelsing(m): 12:06pm On Dec 20, 2014
ostopsmich:

Were you also aware that security directives/advise was given, not to go ahead with the exams b4 the chibok girls were kidnap and the governor of the state waved away the advise saying security were in place? Are you also aware that the principal daughter was not among those kidnapped girls and she ought to be among....with those facts you should deduce that it was an insider plan jez to discredit the president because how on earth will over 200girls be kidnapped in a state without the people in power of the state knowing, 200+ come on they are girls not mosquitoes. Its high tome we desist from ds destructive type of opposition and embrace true democracy where each one of us contribute our quota for the betterment of Nigeria
Guess all this conspiracy talk opinion was not shared by ur president cos if it was the former borno state governor will not be cleared by the SSS

1 Like

Re: This Was How President Jonathan Met Our Railway System (Pictures) by Awoofawo(m): 12:07pm On Dec 20, 2014
rozayx5:

too much grammar means he did nothing cheesy

You are not born then...... so no need to trade saliva with you... Take time out and go 2ru old posts. I don't support Buhari (cause he is too old we need fresh blood) nor Jonathan (cause he darn cluless and responsibilities shifter etc)

1 Like

Re: This Was How President Jonathan Met Our Railway System (Pictures) by Tchalz(m): 12:08pm On Dec 20, 2014
rozayx5:

too much grammar means he did nothing cheesy
.....I cannot fit laugh oooooooo! Think the dude's a comedian

1 Like

Re: This Was How President Jonathan Met Our Railway System (Pictures) by angelsing(m): 12:10pm On Dec 20, 2014
mikron:
yes it is open knowledge that he sanctioned d attacks, federal government prosecuting him? Hahaha. U and I know the answer to that. We re living witnesses to thieves walking freely in Nigeria today, some are even pardoned and given national honours. Of recent the nyanya mastermind bomber ogwuche walk out a free man and was even have the nerve to sue the govt to the tune of one million naira. Hahaha. That is our country for u.
Open knowledge he sanctioned it; No, insensitive statement Yes!..
Re: This Was How President Jonathan Met Our Railway System (Pictures) by Nobody: 12:12pm On Dec 20, 2014
omenka:
Who wants to see how Jonathan AMAZINGLY Transformed Security in Nigeria especially in the North East?? smiley

One question I keep asking is: what would these minions have said if the gsm revolution had taken place under this mediocre leadership

Person for read road talk for nairaland so
talkin off point since 19bc
Re: This Was How President Jonathan Met Our Railway System (Pictures) by opiscoal(m): 12:13pm On Dec 20, 2014
I study transport management technology, if dis is d transformation we can af den let's remain d way we re... Our trains re still running on 60-80kph., go to portharcort railway corps,. Its in a state of bismal dismal,. So juz hide dis pixs I beg

1 Like

Re: This Was How President Jonathan Met Our Railway System (Pictures) by akereconfi: 12:13pm On Dec 20, 2014
diluminati:
You keep showing these trains like it is a big deal. What a shame. Giant of Africa my asssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

You are a shame, what did the previous administrations do about it,

Talk about double standards.

That train in Nigeria is far better than some of the trains in England here. I use them always so I know what am talking about.

If you Google for pictures of trains in England, what Google will show you will look like custom gold plated trains

6 Likes

Re: This Was How President Jonathan Met Our Railway System (Pictures) by Awoofawo(m): 12:14pm On Dec 20, 2014
Tchalz:
undecided
Tchalz:
Re: This Was How President Jonathan Met Our Railway System (Pictures) by balladin: 12:15pm On Dec 20, 2014
diluminati:
GEJ is a joke if you don't know. This is what a country with so much oil money can come up with. Why do some set of nigerians love [size=18pt]MEDIOCRITY[/size]. compare that scrab to this in South Africa, nonsense

Prejudice will not allow your brain to work. Most of the infrastructure in SA were provided by the whites during the apartheid era. Our past leaders were busy destroying the little infrastructure that we had. Jonathan is trying to rescucitate some of these and some myopic Nigerians are here chanting CHANGE. Such a pity.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: This Was How President Jonathan Met Our Railway System (Pictures) by Locapito(m): 12:16pm On Dec 20, 2014
castancassy2:
pls brother, since we cant call it progress, wat should we call it? and tell us what Buhari did wen he was in power. if he did this railway u ar calling rubbish, President GEJ would have done more things than starting from grass. Dont allow foolish Buhari blind u.
am sure u re from south south region. Ethnicity apart, ur drunk fisherman brother has done nothing compare with the present situation in Nigeria and couple with billions of Dollars missing or shared among ur brothers and his thieves. I don't need to mention Buhari achievement for u, but go back home and ask the elders to tell u the name of the person that built one of the refinery within ur south south region. maybe u ve not heard that ur prodigal fisherman brother has penciled the refinery built by another good man in ur region for sale by first quarter of next year.
Re: This Was How President Jonathan Met Our Railway System (Pictures) by musicwriter(m): 12:17pm On Dec 20, 2014
diluminati:
GEJ is a joke if you don't know. This is what a country with so much oil money can come up with. Why do some set of nigerians love [size=18pt]MEDIOCRITY[/size]. compare that scrab to this in South Africa, nonsense

Yes, we live in a mediocre society. And this's as a result of past administrations. The railways have been in comatose since the 80's.
This's the only administration that is doing something to fix it.

4 Likes

Re: This Was How President Jonathan Met Our Railway System (Pictures) by megaik: 12:21pm On Dec 20, 2014
diluminati:

Enemies of Progress of Nigerian. Pls tell us what the past presidents where doing. It takes only a good leader to resuscitate a dead project like Railways especially in Nigerian setting.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: This Was How President Jonathan Met Our Railway System (Pictures) by mentorandfriend(m): 12:27pm On Dec 20, 2014
Welcome to Nigeria, where a public servant deeps his hands into our collective wealth and builds a road or whatever, and he is being lauded as if he did it with his own money. Nonsense. Countries as Singapore, South Korea and Brazil who we were better than in 1960 but who have since overtaken us will be laughing at this show going on in Nigeria.
Re: This Was How President Jonathan Met Our Railway System (Pictures) by donnaira(m): 12:27pm On Dec 20, 2014
diluminati:

your words are deceptive & immature.

2 Likes

Re: This Was How President Jonathan Met Our Railway System (Pictures) by anonimi: 12:30pm On Dec 20, 2014
angelsing:
Let's not deviate from the issue the Op raised....He posted a pix of the new railway track and couch which is a great improvement from the last government but the question I asked was for him to post a pix of the north as well. Simple!

I guess that in your clueless mind that question will not deviate from the issue the OP raised, abi

How DAFT can you be? shocked
Re: This Was How President Jonathan Met Our Railway System (Pictures) by donnaira(m): 12:33pm On Dec 20, 2014
ochejoseph:
It's very easy to criticise without cross checking the Facts, it's even easier to criticise blindly because in a blind state the individual is in a state of darkness and oblivious of what is happening in the surrounding !
Until we understand the past appreciating the future and the present might be difficult!

It was Nicholas Sparks who said
That "You're going to come across people in your life who will say all the right words at all the right times. But in the end, it's always their actions you should judge them by. It's actions, not words, that matter"

I leave you with sights and visuals of the how President Jonathan Met our Rail way system and it's current state as at this morning!

Happy viewing Happy weekend
&
God Bless Nigeria

Oche Otorkpa (MNSM)
www.twitter.com/ochejoseph
op you would have title this "how GEJ is transforming the railway sector" because he has not finished .

1 Like

Re: This Was How President Jonathan Met Our Railway System (Pictures) by Nobody: 12:33pm On Dec 20, 2014
Geostatistical:
Have u really traveled on this 'train'?

sharap name one sector dat has experienced a radical transformatiom ?. Gej is a good man and means well for nigerians but he lacks d capacity to effect the chamge. After 7yrs of rulong I dont seee any major accomplishment. The govt lack priority it is approach to solving many of nigerians problems. Buyin stoves worth billlions kicking off a house project days to election. These are all signs of desperation to me. He had 7rs to do all this. And serious buying stoves wor5h 3billion . Dat daft in my opinion. Alot of impunity happening today for corruption to power to security. The only part I can give him a part for a job well done is road constructiin in abj. Other than dat. If he had solved d power problem or security or even petroleum by supporting d seetin up of refineries maybe my perception maybe different. It does nt take a genius to knw a performer . Take it or leave it gej will make dis country worse if he come back I can swear on it. What baffles me most it those greedy people who keep misleading him. He want to rule for 11yrs. This country gave him support wen he was singin the I hv no shoes stories and look at hw he pays us back. From the oil subsidy scam to many other. The truth is Am nt sure APC will deliver but am willing to take dat chance since I hv seen wat gej is capable of. It foolishness to keep doing d samethin and expect different result. Pdp has had enough let give oppourtunty to others
Re: This Was How President Jonathan Met Our Railway System (Pictures) by anonimi: 12:35pm On Dec 20, 2014
opiscoal:
I study transport management technology, if dis is d transformation we can af den let's remain d way we re... Our trains re still running on 60-80kph., go to portharcort railway corps,. Its in a state of bismal dismal,. So juz hide dis pixs I beg

So you can show us the railway revival works by Buhari from 30 years ago, right
Or maybe the ones from Fashola & Amaechi after eight years grin

3 Likes

Re: This Was How President Jonathan Met Our Railway System (Pictures) by angelsing(m): 12:35pm On Dec 20, 2014
anonimi:

I guess that in your clueless mind that question will not deviate from the issue the OP raised, abi

How DAFT can you be? shocked
Do u have to throw banter and insult my person just to post ur comment?...in life we have good and bad, u can't have one without the other..He posted the good things the government has done, he shud also post the bad thing cos they go hand in hand...So sorry sir am no deviating and please if u know u won't argue without insulting my person don't quote me again...thanks!
Re: This Was How President Jonathan Met Our Railway System (Pictures) by Trustyd1(m): 12:37pm On Dec 20, 2014
Sincere9gerian:

Vultures running from pillar to post just to remain relevant. This thread is about the railways and not about the value of the naira. Stick to the topic
But if he want to talk abt naira and doller he should get facts abt oil price which is the only thing Nigeria is exporting for now.
doller get to that price when oil price fall.
how is that GEJ's fault? is a pity some people has made up their mind never to see anything good from GEJ admin. but am happy is just the the minority. GEJ till 2019. forward ever backward never. we are not going back to the 80s never. GMB is clueless he said he can stabilize the price of oil when is beyond a particular country.
to start with, and will use the army, air force and police to secure the economy. hmmmm

2 Likes

Re: This Was How President Jonathan Met Our Railway System (Pictures) by anonimi: 12:39pm On Dec 20, 2014
keyman0007:

After 7yrs of rulong I dont seee any major accomplishment.

How is 2010-2014 equal to 7 years
You go school at all?

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: This Was How President Jonathan Met Our Railway System (Pictures) by Nobody: 12:39pm On Dec 20, 2014
anonimi:

So you can show us the railway revival works by Buhari from 30 years ago, right
Or maybe the ones from Fashola & Amaechi after eight years grin

bros if you dont knw knw nw lagos state is building a light rail which will be kickin off soon. B4 askim always check your facts right
Re: This Was How President Jonathan Met Our Railway System (Pictures) by franzis(m): 12:41pm On Dec 20, 2014
ochejoseph:
It's very easy to criticise without cross checking the Facts, it's even easier to criticise blindly because in a blind state the individual is in a state of darkness and oblivious of what is happening in the surrounding !
Until we understand the past appreciating the future and the present might be difficult!

It was Nicholas Sparks who said
That "You're going to come across people in your life who will say all the right words at all the right times. But in the end, it's always their actions you should judge them by. It's actions, not words, that matter"

I leave you with sights and visuals of the how President Jonathan Met our Rail way system and it's current state as at this morning!

Happy viewing Happy weekend
&
God Bless Nigeria

Oche Otorkpa (MNSM)
www.twitter.com/ochejoseph
but there has been no improvement or change in the rail tracks running from yaba- mushin through oshodi -agege
Re: This Was How President Jonathan Met Our Railway System (Pictures) by Johnpaul2k2(m): 12:42pm On Dec 20, 2014
packman:

YOU WOULD SURELY DIE IN MEDIOCRITY..... YOUR CHILDREN CHILDREN..... WOULD ASK YOU WHY......

HOW MUCH WHERE YOU GIVE TO DIFFER FROM THE TRUTH.....

I CRY IN PAINFUL LAMENTATION FOR YOU.....

#RevolutionCries

and you too grin
Re: This Was How President Jonathan Met Our Railway System (Pictures) by Trustyd1(m): 12:43pm On Dec 20, 2014
angelsing:
No offense meant buddy!, can u upload the picture of how the president met the north and how it is presently......If half of the citizen dies on his watch who will ride this train?.
He has build about 7 Fed. Universities in the north.
they were never there before do your findings
Re: This Was How President Jonathan Met Our Railway System (Pictures) by clevvermind(m): 12:44pm On Dec 20, 2014
SuperMartins:
bro,he is..if not cos of d instability..Nigeria for don develop finish..
caused by one useless party.

1 Like

Re: This Was How President Jonathan Met Our Railway System (Pictures) by anonimi: 12:47pm On Dec 20, 2014
keyman0007:

bros if you dont knw knw nw lagos state is building a light rail which will be kickin off soon. B4 askim always check your facts right

Fashola has been in government for almost 8 years but LIGHT rail not completed. Yet he had Jakande's 31 year old template for similar project that clueless Buhari cancelled.
What a WASTE angry

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: This Was How President Jonathan Met Our Railway System (Pictures) by Nobody: 12:48pm On Dec 20, 2014
clevvermind:
caused by one useless party.
Lolz..i donot criticize any party tho..i only do that against leaders i sense to be inefficient..
Re: This Was How President Jonathan Met Our Railway System (Pictures) by Trustyd1(m): 12:53pm On Dec 20, 2014
ayindejimmy:

You people keep comparing the achievements of Buhari in 20 months to that of Gej in 60 months and still counting. If the two years he ruled with Yar'adua is added, that's 84 months.
Whoever is made comparison between the two is likened to comparing the achievements of 20 months old to the of a 60 months old.
For people to even compare them shows Gej's tenure is full of mediocrity
A 20month military dictatorship is as good as 100mnths civil president with the lawmakers, ( national assemble and senate) a dictator dont pass bill or budgets he do what he wants. a civilian cant just do as he wish his decisions must follow due processes. another persons said that he (GEJ) would have kill all involve in the early days of terrorist like if is done anyway. if he does the same people will come here and say he is worst than Idi Amin Dada.
my dear even in your family everyone will never always agree with your ideas and decisions.

2 Likes

Re: This Was How President Jonathan Met Our Railway System (Pictures) by ajayiopy: 12:54pm On Dec 20, 2014
This is what is obtainable in an ideal society, in less than ten years from now,Nigeria will be talking of upgrading this rail system to an international standard, why not just do the right thing at once,that is what sustainable development is all about. Kindly refer to the pix below for your kind guidance Mr president

Re: This Was How President Jonathan Met Our Railway System (Pictures) by Nobody: 12:57pm On Dec 20, 2014
GENERAL MUHAMMADU BUHARI
ECONOMY
Inherited a dwindling economy,
1. Paid of $50m loan within few days of assumption
and cleared the country's debt
2. Reduced Inflation from 23% to 3.21% within
20months.
3. Nigeria's GDP by Purchasing Power Parity was
$941.2, it Grew by 8.56 %
3. Refused to devalue the Naira
4. curbing imports of needless goods, curtailing oil
theft and using counter trade policy to barter
seized illegally bunkered crude oil for needful
goods like machineries, enabling it to export above
its OPEC quota.
5. Under Buhari, Hoarded Goods were Sold at prices
below market.
CORRUPTION:
1. Senator Sabo Bakin Zuwo, The Civilian Governor
of Kano State was jailed for 300Years because $4.5
million was said to be found "stacked up" in Zuwo's
home when it was searched by the new military
government. He died in 1989
2. Vice President Alex Ekwueme was jailed of
corruption. Stockpiles of money ranged from
$56,000 found at his home
3. Fmr Bendel Governor Ambrose Alli was jailed for
100years for misappropriating funds belonging to
Bendel State to the tune of N983,000. The Money
was meant for road project but he donated it to his
Party. He was later freed when Sir Gabriel
Igbenedion paid fine to the Government.
4. A total of 4000 exGovernment officials submitted
themselves to be tried for Corruption.Over 600 were
Jailed Convicted and Jailed.
5. Many High profile Government officials,
Businessmen, foreigners were jailed for one corrupt
practice or the other.
6. Political office Holders, Businessmen,
Contractors, civil servants and many others shunned
corruption like a Plague
INSURGENCY
1. Maitatsine Group founded by Maitatsine Marwa, a
Koranic scholar, rejected the hadith and the sunnah
and regarded the reading of any other book but
the Koran as paganism raised its head in 1979
during the Administration of President Shehu
Shagari after he was contained by the Murtala
and Obasanjo Administrations. Maitatsine spoke
against the use of radios, watches, bicycles, cars
and the possession of more money than
necessary. Churches, Market, Police Formations,
Government buildings etc was attacked leaving over
FIVE thousand dead btw 1979 and 1981 (including
Maitatsine).The Group moved to Kano, Borno,
Kaduna, Gombe and environs. Over 4,000 people
died(65% were insurgents). Buhari Crushed the
Insurgency COMPLETELY within 16months. The 2i/c
fled to Cameroon and was arrested in 2004.
OTHER SECURITY
1. There was high rate of armed robbery during
Shagari's regime. Buhari stopped it, brought an end
to armed robbery.
2. Introduced NURTW to checkmate "One Chance"
and subsequently brought law and order.
3. Drug traffikers were executed.
PETROLEUM INFRASTRUCTURE
1. As NNPC Chairman, He was the man that Initiated
and signed the construction contract of the existing
Warri and Kaduna refineries. Two of the ONLY 3
Refineries In Nigeria. As at that time, Nigeria had
just 1 Refinery-Portharcourt Refinery, established in
THE PRESS
He Instituted decree 2 and Decree 4 that was aimed
at gaging the Press and Banned street protests. This
is his only low but he was honest in his actions.
N/B: I deliberately refused to including Road
Projects and others so as not to make it too bulky
and boring.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (14) (Reply)

Apostle Johnson Suleman Prays For Peter Obi In Auchi (Photos, Video) / Mallam El-rufai's Son Enrolled In Local Kaduna School / Saraki's CCB Trial Live On Channels TV

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.