Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,450 members, 7,819,662 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:08 PM

This Was How President Jonathan Met Our Railway System (Pictures) - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / This Was How President Jonathan Met Our Railway System (Pictures) (49992 Views)

How President Buhari Can Stop Boko Haram - Prophet Cardinal Onaiyekan / How President Buhari Chose The Ministerial Nominees – Garba Shehu / How Jonathan Met Atiku In Yola (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: This Was How President Jonathan Met Our Railway System (Pictures) by clevvermind(m): 11:36am On Dec 20, 2014
jonathan is really working.
Re: This Was How President Jonathan Met Our Railway System (Pictures) by bosun11(m): 11:36am On Dec 20, 2014
diluminati:
GEJ is a joke if you don't know. This is what a country with so much oil money can come up with. Why do some set of nigerians love [size=18pt]MEDIOCRITY[/size]. compare that scrab to this in South Africa, nonsense

cant believe this is S.A ..I weep for naija ooo...we seriously need a change in Nigeria W.T.F
Re: This Was How President Jonathan Met Our Railway System (Pictures) by unmask: 11:36am On Dec 20, 2014
ochejoseph:
Moving from a comatose rail system to what we presently have despite the huge expenditure expended in tackling insurgency coupled with the beheading, kidnap and killing of many rail construction workers is commendable!

in a few weeks time the president will also be commissioning sub saharan Africa's First speed rail
so in the picture, what happens to the other rail line?
Re: This Was How President Jonathan Met Our Railway System (Pictures) by Toktee(m): 11:37am On Dec 20, 2014
Callfubu:
oga, some or most of these rails were just completed. you don't expect them to start running immediately. but let me even take an objective stand to things, everybody is talking about obasanjo and praising him for what he did and didn't do. understand that obasanjo is a smart man and understands the laws of power that is why he managed to stay this relevant. ask yourself, do you in all honesty think OBJ paid for the contract in full before leaving office, or its what you heard in the media. if you tell me you were there when the transaction took place, I won't bother arguing. Now talking about roads in comparison to rails. rails are safer than roads and to be honest in a country like Nigeria, I would prefer we had more rails to ease the burden on the roads and mind you GEJ is still working on the roads
Try harder cos iam nt convienced,meanwhile,tell me the contract he initiate and excuted?
Re: This Was How President Jonathan Met Our Railway System (Pictures) by Nobody: 11:37am On Dec 20, 2014
clevvermind:
jonathan is really working.
bro,he is..if not cos of d instability..Nigeria for don develop finish..
Re: This Was How President Jonathan Met Our Railway System (Pictures) by Hogsmead: 11:39am On Dec 20, 2014
PhockPhockMan:
Did South Africa achieve this feat in four years?
It was there before Mandela, Thabo Mbeki and Zuma presidency. Get your facts right.
Yes,this line was built from 2006-2010.

1 Like

Re: This Was How President Jonathan Met Our Railway System (Pictures) by Kagarko(m): 11:39am On Dec 20, 2014
terrifiesme:

Bros or sis, this is not a party thing, be it apc,pdp, ac, anpp.... it's about individual charisma, and personality. If u call APC, is it about the name APC or the persons, or is it all the persons in the party that is good? Never, not even in pdp, or ac or whichever party... so beat it.

That's why we wanted the change we have been yearning for.

America's democracy is strong because power alternate between democrats and the republicans.

My guy please wise up and support this change PDP has failed woefully hence the need for change.
Re: This Was How President Jonathan Met Our Railway System (Pictures) by Hogsmead: 11:40am On Dec 20, 2014
PhockPhockMan:
Did South Africa achieve this feat in four years?
It was there before Mandela, Thabo Mbeki and Zuma presidency. Get your facts right.
This was built from 2006-2010.

1 Like

Re: This Was How President Jonathan Met Our Railway System (Pictures) by onyeamuma73: 11:41am On Dec 20, 2014
Johnpaul2k2:
Very good

Continue doing it.

Those who are with you are better off than those against you

Includes 22 states plus Rivers, Imo, Edo, Kano, lagos and more much

I wonder how haters will face your mighty achievements
yes ooooo in my contry state imo we dont vote paty but credible individual for governorship Rochas we still know for presidency Goodluck we will vote this is our stand and resolve

1 Like

Re: This Was How President Jonathan Met Our Railway System (Pictures) by AreaFada2: 11:41am On Dec 20, 2014
rozayx5:

i wonder. buhari followers are yet to show us tangible achievements of buhari.

Abi o.

In fact Buhari cancelled Lagos underground train system planned by Jakande.

600,000 Naira (big money at that time) advance/mobilisation had been paid by Lagos state to contractors already.

If any of the so-called leaders started such decades ago, GEJ would be building on that.

The one they call clueless is starting from zero. All their "wise men" did nothing for over 30 years but loot.

But these people are not about truth or logic. They are blinded by tribalism and vested interests.

3 Likes

Re: This Was How President Jonathan Met Our Railway System (Pictures) by tomzman: 11:42am On Dec 20, 2014
Nigerians and mediocrity. The govt gives u substandard projects at mind boggling cost and some morons would come online and be singing praises. I'm always moved to tears each time I see a 'train' passing through Yaba. Nigeria would not get better if we continue praising govt for delivering substandard products. Some morons on the forum are even thanking GEJ as if he did it with his money. Nigerians need a change of mentality!

1 Like

Re: This Was How President Jonathan Met Our Railway System (Pictures) by Nobody: 11:42am On Dec 20, 2014
taharqa:
OLODO
check ur dictionary
Re: This Was How President Jonathan Met Our Railway System (Pictures) by darediamond(m): 11:43am On Dec 20, 2014
Railway Transport Sytem is a Direct competitor of the Aboki Introduced Destructive Trailer Transport System so it has to bé killed.
That was the conclusion of the Caliphate Meeting held in Kano or so back In the years.
You can get all these secret News in Tell and many other ones that were functioning during it Era but which where not own by any Nigerian.
Truth is Bittern I tell you fellow Southerners, this thing call Nigeria is a wast of time and Energy and Precious Resource.
I wonder if clay can ever combine with Iron.
Ucheosefoh:
If I may ask what were our past leaders doing in office all this years starting from Shagari
, Buhari, Babangida, Abacha, Abubakar, Obasanjo and Yar'Adua that the railway were decaying ?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: This Was How President Jonathan Met Our Railway System (Pictures) by 49cents(m): 11:44am On Dec 20, 2014
am routing for GEJ not because he used our common funds to award contracts for this commendable railway projects, but because there is not yet issue driven candidacy available yet not even the hypocritical APC, APC CLAIMED THAT CONTROLLING THE SOUTHWEST WILL MAKE CREATE RAILS ACROSS THE SOUTH WESTERN BLOCK, FOUR YEARS AFTER NOTHING HA BEEN SEEN AND THEY ARE HERE SHOUTING CHANGE AND CARRYING BROOM

1 Like

Re: This Was How President Jonathan Met Our Railway System (Pictures) by Awoofawo(m): 11:45am On Dec 20, 2014
rozayx5:

pls show me one expressway buhari built or any railway track he laid
if you.cant bow your head in shame and leave this thread undecided

If you are old enough to witness Buhari reign, you realise that he real meant well for the country (thou) he not perfect. His assignment as head of state was re-orietating the massive to curb indiscipline..... a major ill of our country. Let suppose he spend more time in office, he would has touch every fibres of the society positively. BUT AS WE ALL KNOWN THERE LOT VAST INTERESTS ENTITIES who profit from status quot of NEGATIVE RETURN TO NATIONAL VAULT e.g IBB; OBJ; MKO; DANJUMA etc

1 Like

Re: This Was How President Jonathan Met Our Railway System (Pictures) by badex11: 11:45am On Dec 20, 2014
Re: This Was How President Jonathan Met Our Railway System (Pictures) by Nobody: 11:45am On Dec 20, 2014
taharqa:
OLODO
check ur dictionary nd learn........ignoramus
Re: This Was How President Jonathan Met Our Railway System (Pictures) by Nobody: 11:46am On Dec 20, 2014
diluminati:

You mean a naira now $194, thats fixing in your damaged brain? Blind mediocre!

What does naira being N194 to a dollar got to do with the transformation of the railway?...To your kinds N1 should be $1 without any idea of the advantage in the devaluation of the nation currency. How much is the Chinese currency to the US dollar? Has that stopped the progress in the Chinese economy? high time for you guys to wake up and know this silly argument of the naira being devalued makes no political point in the lead to the presidential election because a slightly devalued currency will encourage exports and tourism. I wont be surprise to hear your Voodoo economist general come to tell us he will make the Naira at par with the dollar by sending a bill to the National assembly since he can no longer decree it without any Macro economic support

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: This Was How President Jonathan Met Our Railway System (Pictures) by bnovative(m): 11:50am On Dec 20, 2014
rozayx5:

inflation lies busted
refinery lies busted
debt pay off lies busted
what did buhari achieve in terms of infrastructure.? as head of state

Unfortunately none exist, except he use to flog adult in public, talked down on Nigerians. and even stopped Yvette the railway that was proposed in Lagos.
Re: This Was How President Jonathan Met Our Railway System (Pictures) by Nobody: 11:50am On Dec 20, 2014
slimfit1:
He try no be small but I think we have people that can do better.
Yea we certainly have,but the problem remains the fact that Nigerians keep on recycling old leaders. sad And I hope you didn't have Buhari in mind when you typed that undecided the old man can never deliver.
Re: This Was How President Jonathan Met Our Railway System (Pictures) by Toktee(m): 11:51am On Dec 20, 2014
major466:
Even the blind know GEJ is working.
GEJ Till Buhari bring back our N2.8 billion naira.

Re: This Was How President Jonathan Met Our Railway System (Pictures) by angelsing(m): 11:52am On Dec 20, 2014
kingofpool:
If you want to talk about the bad part of his government, then you open a new thread or if you want to argue do it based on the issue at hand or point raised... Thankz for your understanding
Noted...GEJ has done well on the railway sector which shud be commended by all even if u don't like is style of governance...That said, can someone post the bad things this government has done, am too lazy to start typing and epistle and anyone who try to defend it will be referred to this thread
Re: This Was How President Jonathan Met Our Railway System (Pictures) by Toktee(m): 11:53am On Dec 20, 2014
major466:
Even the blind know GEJ is working.
GEJ Till Buhari bring back our N2.8 billion naira.
compare that to our missing $20bn and our girls.
Re: This Was How President Jonathan Met Our Railway System (Pictures) by ostopsmich(m): 11:54am On Dec 20, 2014
angelsing:
I never said its a child's play, what I ask for is the picture of the north presently...If it has the support of the north like u said, don't u think the presidency wud have fished those involve out.. When the chibok Girls were kidnap, they all accused the state Governor in all conspiracy talk and now he has been cleared....Let's leave the north agenda or born to rule talk, let's just face the question I asked
Were you also aware that security directives/advise was given, not to go ahead with the exams b4 the chibok girls were kidnap and the governor of the state waved away the advise saying security were in place? Are you also aware that the principal daughter was not among those kidnapped girls and she ought to be among....with those facts you should deduce that it was an insider plan jez to discredit the president because how on earth will over 200girls be kidnapped in a state without the people in power of the state knowing, 200+ come on they are girls not mosquitoes. Its high tome we desist from ds destructive type of opposition and embrace true democracy where each one of us contribute our quota for the betterment of Nigeria

1 Like

Re: This Was How President Jonathan Met Our Railway System (Pictures) by rozayx5(m): 11:54am On Dec 20, 2014
Awoofawo:

If you are old enough to witness Buhari reign, you realise that he real meant well for the country (thou) he not perfect. His assignment as head of state was re-orietating the massive to curb indiscipline..... a major ill of our country. Let suppose he spend more time in office, he would has touch every fibres of the society positively. BUT AS WE ALL KNOWN THERE LOT VAST INTERESTS ENTITIES who profit from status quot of NEGATIVE RETURN TO NATIONAL VAULT e.g IBB; OBJ; MKO; DANJUMA etc

too much grammar means he did nothing cheesy

1 Like

Re: This Was How President Jonathan Met Our Railway System (Pictures) by mikron(m): 11:55am On Dec 20, 2014
angelsing:
Buhari unleashed and ordered his northern terror to do that and yet he walks freely, isn't it sad he can't be persecuted and charge to pay for his crime?..I still remember the president calling him patriotic Nigeria, if the president can say that, don't u think he knows more than me and u....Sometimes I wonder wat is the Job of our SSS cos if they do their job we won't all be a detective.
yes it is open knowledge that he sanctioned d attacks, federal government prosecuting him? Hahaha. U and I know the answer to that. We re living witnesses to thieves walking freely in Nigeria today, some are even pardoned and given national honours. Of recent the nyanya mastermind bomber ogwuche walk out a free man and even have the nerve to sue the govt to the tune of one hundred mllion naira. Hahaha. That is our country for u.
Re: This Was How President Jonathan Met Our Railway System (Pictures) by Nobody: 11:55am On Dec 20, 2014
diluminati:

Shame on you if you call this progress. In reality this is retrogression. These contracts are handled by government cronies, they cut the funds and give you sub standard trains and rails, but you wont see that because your lifestyle is mediocre in its best.
Please answer this one question, what did the past leaders do concerning the rail way?
Re: This Was How President Jonathan Met Our Railway System (Pictures) by seangy4konji: 12:01pm On Dec 20, 2014
Chai. U wicked ooo. Scrap ehn??na him otuoke people him wan deh take carry goat let naw.
diluminati:
GEJ is a joke if you don't know. This is what a country with so much oil money can come up with. Why do some set of nigerians love [size=18pt]MEDIOCRITY[/size]. compare that scrab to this in South Africa, nonsense

Re: This Was How President Jonathan Met Our Railway System (Pictures) by Nobody: 12:03pm On Dec 20, 2014
ogb5:

Yes we have people who can do better, Certainly Buhari is not one of them. You can not do better when you are promising to stabilize world oil price that is beyond your control. We have seen those who did worse and left the railway in the previous comatose state, we don't want to try another failure, Buhari.

it either u r a tan ambassador or benefiting somehw from this govt on personal ground. GEJ has been given 7yrs nothing concrete to shw. I can bet the op doesnt even enter the train he is publicising.. Hw come they keep showing us pictures of the train.? I dont hv knw anyone who has entered dis so called trains cos dey r over crowded and to not cross d city. It is foolishness to keep doing the same thing and expect a different result. Gej has been tested and he has failed. The truth is am not sure APC may deliver as promised but I will atleast give them a chance. Since I hv given jona for 7yrs. If you hv a battery dat wont start your car, u try it for 7yrs it doesnt start the engine and u then hv anoda battery in your store u hvnt tried it in a long time. Wont you aleast try dat out to see if it wld start the ride. The truth is dis we are tired of corruption. Do u knw d level of corruption in this system. Even if buhari doesnt bring abt a radical change atleast I knw corruption will reduce. And pls dont get me wrong oh I knw gej is a nice man and means well for nigerians the problem is he lack the capacity to bring abt the change.

1 Like

Re: This Was How President Jonathan Met Our Railway System (Pictures) by bosun11(m): 12:03pm On Dec 20, 2014
optimusprime2:
It does'nt still change my decision of not voting for him, if I have the opportunity to vote...
After almost 6yrs- "6 Years" in power, Na only railway transcript
im dey brag about, was a railway system not present before in Nigeria...
If he was even talking about an upgrade to bullet trains... is maintenance of infrastructure (esp important ones like transportation) not supposed to be part of a nations budget? mtchew...

The "only" thing G.E.J's done for Naija's history was to remove fuel subsidy and still maintain that D.A.M woman till now.

complete Nonsense... abeg Next chapter

All are morons, but lets give all morons a chance until proven otherwise... keeping one moroñ in control for so long makes us all morons.

GOD BLESS YOU
Re: This Was How President Jonathan Met Our Railway System (Pictures) by Nobody: 12:06pm On Dec 20, 2014
tomzman:
Some morons on the forum are even thanking GEJ as if he did it with his money. Nigerians need a change of mentality!
What did past leaders use our money to do? Fund Agric no way, fund youth Development no way, at least boost the rail sector and reduce the burden on roads, no way. They kept on eating oil money.

tomzman:
I'm always moved to tears each time I see a 'train' passing through Yaba.
Don't be brother. If every of our past president did something to the rail way sector. It would have been something you would be proud of.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (14) (Reply)

Saraki's CCB Trial Live On Channels TV / Aregbesola Begins Payment Of Osun Workers’ Salaries / Apostle Johnson Suleman Prays For Peter Obi In Auchi (Photos, Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.