Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,673 members, 7,820,362 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:41 PM

Man Fights Wife Cus Dad Bought Her A New Car - Family (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Man Fights Wife Cus Dad Bought Her A New Car (57155 Views)

See What My Dad Bought For #500k Yesterday. / Drama As Man Fights Friend Over Wife In Hotel / Man Fights Over Prostitute In Hotel (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (27) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Man Fights Wife Cus Dad Bought Her A New Car by coogar: 9:21pm On Dec 20, 2014
Truckpusher:
grin
And this is one reason why you see Nigerian kids having more than six names all at once confusing the child more with the already confused country.

i am not even talking about 3rd, 4th, 5th & 6th names.....it's the first name i am talking about here. a FIL feeling entitled to name a child i sired? he would be thoroughly & verbally lashed......he would tell me which part of his spërm cells produced the baby he wants to name.

african parents need to calm down - they are the ones destroying many marriages although the economy could be blamed too. some of these wives spent close to 35 years under their father's roofs so the dads feel like they own them - marriage or not! grin cheesy the FIL that will try such nonsense with me will live to regret it.

nansense!

1 Like

Re: Man Fights Wife Cus Dad Bought Her A New Car by Emmalot121(m): 9:22pm On Dec 20, 2014
We have to sell/return that car. angry

2 Likes

Re: Man Fights Wife Cus Dad Bought Her A New Car by Truckpusher(m): 9:22pm On Dec 20, 2014
coogar:

i am not even talking about 3rd, 4th, 5th & 6th names.....it's the first name i am talking about here. a FIL feeling entitled to name a child i sired? he would be thoroughly verbally lashed......he would tell me which part of his spërm cells produced the baby he wants to name.

african parents need to calm down - they are the ones destroying many marriages although the economy could be blamed too. some of these wives spent close to 35 years under their father's roofs so the dads feel like they own them - marriage or not! grin cheesy the FIL that will try such nonsense with me will live to regret it.

nansense!
cheesy Lmao @ 35YRS

1 Like

Re: Man Fights Wife Cus Dad Bought Her A New Car by Matthewbriggs(m): 9:22pm On Dec 20, 2014
Mondisweets:
that car is to make life easier for his wife to move from on place to another without depending on him or public transport, how is getting angry over something like that ever rational?

how is that painting him in the negative light if he is the one getting angry over petty issues?

you tell me how buying a car for someone to use is interfering with his family please? undecided

OK. It would be futile lecturing you about context if after reading my first post which you quoted and the following ones you still don't get it.

I am afraid you never will get it. Therefore going back an forth with you would be irrational for me in this CONTEXT.

Have a field day with your opinion.

5 Likes

Re: Man Fights Wife Cus Dad Bought Her A New Car by Nobody: 9:23pm On Dec 20, 2014

3 Likes

Re: Man Fights Wife Cus Dad Bought Her A New Car by Nobody: 9:25pm On Dec 20, 2014
Matthewbriggs:

OK. It would be futile lecturing you about context if after reading my first post which you quoted and the following ones you still don't get it.

I am afraid you never will get it. Therefore going back an forth with you would be irrational for me in this CONTEXT.

Have a field day with your opinion.
Lets shift the goal post and run away. You cannot even prove that there is more to it but you are quick to put my opinion "in the negative light"

3 Likes

Re: Man Fights Wife Cus Dad Bought Her A New Car by Nobody: 9:27pm On Dec 20, 2014
Nonso23:

Commentator please keep analysing daddy issues or daddy and stop putting words into my mouth.
I said daddy issues. Leave it that way. It sounds better to me.

Lolll.
That's up to you. You stand corrected.

2 Likes

Re: Man Fights Wife Cus Dad Bought Her A New Car by Nobody: 9:29pm On Dec 20, 2014

2 Likes

Re: Man Fights Wife Cus Dad Bought Her A New Car by Nobody: 9:30pm On Dec 20, 2014
Nonso23:

I've given you one. That is more than enough.
you gave nothing undecided

A greedy person is never content.
She is a lazy woman who thinks that marriage is a walk in the park.
if she thought marriage was a walk in the park, do you think she would have agreed to being picked up and dropped off like a primary school child? So for a marriage to be called a good marriage a woman has to suffer in it first? undecided

5 Likes

Re: Man Fights Wife Cus Dad Bought Her A New Car by Nobody: 9:34pm On Dec 20, 2014

3 Likes

Re: Man Fights Wife Cus Dad Bought Her A New Car by Nobody: 9:42pm On Dec 20, 2014
Nonso23:

Read again, slowly.

The husband who has to fit her into his schedule is apparently enjoying the stress.
but who told you its not inconveniencing her? how she moves around when he is not there to pick her up and drop her off?

They resolved the issue like matured couples except that daddy's girl couldn't understand that she has a duty first to her home before her parents.
how has the car inconvenienced her duty to her home? Did her womanliness or head fall off the moment she received the car?

If she doesn't want to 'suffer', she should get out of the marriage and tie the knots with her car giving daddy.
if we keep raising more men with this mentality, Africa will continue to be backward. Suffering has become the key to a happy marriage? undecided

6 Likes

Re: Man Fights Wife Cus Dad Bought Her A New Car by Nobody: 9:53pm On Dec 20, 2014

4 Likes

Re: Man Fights Wife Cus Dad Bought Her A New Car by Nobody: 10:03pm On Dec 20, 2014
Nonso23:

Can you go back to your commentary job now?

Job? So were you planning on paying me, or was it more a service?

Daddy. Daddy issues.
Job. Service.

On second thought, I really should be getting payed here. Lmao.

Au revoir.

5 Likes

Re: Man Fights Wife Cus Dad Bought Her A New Car by crackhaus: 10:10pm On Dec 20, 2014
Woman fights husband because mom brought him a new wife...

This is quite a catchy heading, I must admit cool

4 Likes

Re: Man Fights Wife Cus Dad Bought Her A New Car by Nobody: 10:37pm On Dec 20, 2014
Family section is becoming so boring. .. What's with all these gender war?? why getting so worked up over what someone posts when you don't even know the person or married to him/her? Or are you guys vying for some position? Must every thread opened on the family section be turned to some childish and immature fight??

Thought those here were some mature and intelligent peeps..

1 Like

Re: Man Fights Wife Cus Dad Bought Her A New Car by LordReed(m): 10:41pm On Dec 20, 2014
correctguy0900:

lemme tell u, another life began for d two couples d day dey left dier parent's houses to live together. there are things dat are basic due to one's change of status. d relationship between father and son/ daughter naturally changes ones dey v attained adulthood.

e.g, a man cannot send d daughter any kind of errand simply coz she is ur daughter without her husband's knowledge or approval otherwise I will send u back to ur father.
Also, d husband and wife v become one, so nothing shld b done in disregard to dat. I think presenting a car gift to d family will b wiser dan just giving it to ur daughter as if d family cannot afford one. Even if is d wife dats buying it with her cash, she will respectfully inform her better half such day dey don't act in confusion .

Guy it's a gift, not an errand or a commandment. The receiver of the gift is free to do anything with it. There is no clause attached to the car saying it is for the wife only. Getting hot and bothered over something that is yours anyway is too childish for contemplation. So you need your FIL to decree first that the car is for the family before you know it is for the family yet you say you are the man, such a man is a joke.

9 Likes

Re: Man Fights Wife Cus Dad Bought Her A New Car by LordReed(m): 10:44pm On Dec 20, 2014
crackhaus:
Woman fights husband because mom brought him a new wife...

This is quite a catchy heading, I must admit cool

Yeah the daughter is going to Bleep the new car.

6 Likes

Re: Man Fights Wife Cus Dad Bought Her A New Car by bukatyne(f): 10:49pm On Dec 20, 2014
crackhaus:
What's all this about women marrying a man and complaining that they didn't choose to suffer because he didn't buy her a car?

I thought modern women get married, earn their own money, and buy their own cars... cheesycheesy

The truth is gradually being revealed -women on NL actually want their husbands to buy them a car, but don't want to act submissive to get this car...interesting! grin

Act submissive to get a car?

@Thread: LOL!

2 Likes

Re: Man Fights Wife Cus Dad Bought Her A New Car by coogar: 10:54pm On Dec 20, 2014
LordReed:

what a simplistic mind you've got....
it's not about fücking, it's the fact that the new woman puts a spotlight on the competence of the wife......so crackhaus is technically correct using that analogy.

ask yourself why wives get antsy when they see their MILs making food for the husband. it sends a clear message that the wife isn't good enough to make his food & it will undermine her confidence. if you cannot draw the 2 analogies together then i don't think you can be helped.

5 Likes

Re: Man Fights Wife Cus Dad Bought Her A New Car by bukatyne(f): 10:55pm On Dec 20, 2014
LordReed:

Hahahahaha!

I haff faint grin

Car = wife no comparism to house or cooking utensils

Who knows, Car might be the name of the wifey's second husband grin

3 Likes

Re: Man Fights Wife Cus Dad Bought Her A New Car by Nobody: 11:10pm On Dec 20, 2014
LordReed:

Guy it's a gift, not an errand or a commandment. The receiver of the gift is free to do anything with it. There is no clause attached to the car saying it is for the wife only. Getting hot and bothered over something that is yours anyway is too childish for contemplation. So you need your FIL to decree first that the car is for the family before you know it is for the family yet you say you are the man, such a man is a joke.

it was childish on d part of d man to resort to physical imbroglio in dis case. however, it is also true da such gift should be tagged family gift from father inlaw . it's wiser if d wife tells d husband dat Daddy gave us a car rather than my dad gave me a car. in d former case, d husband already knows dat d ride is for his wife no doubt but save for d purpose of reinforcing deir oneness, it was tagged a gift for d family.

just imagine anytime the wife's mother in law comes around with loads of things, and d wife says " mama, ah, u came with so many things o, and mama will say yes dey r for my son." wouldn't it now be better if mama just says dat yes, dey are for u people my children. dat statement further reinforces deir oneness though d wife knows tinz dat are specifically for her hobby. my cent o

5 Likes

Re: Man Fights Wife Cus Dad Bought Her A New Car by LordReed(m): 11:38pm On Dec 20, 2014
correctguy0900:

it was childish on d part of d man to resort to physical imbroglio in dis case. however, it is also true da such gift should be tagged family gift from father inlaw . it's wiser if d wife tells d husband dat Daddy gave us a car rather than my dad gave me a car. in d former case, d husband already knows dat d ride is for his wife no doubt but save for d purpose of reinforcing deir oneness, it was tagged a gift for d family.

just imagine anytime the wife's mother in law comes around with loads of things, and d wife says " mama, ah, u came with so many things o, and mama will say yes dey r for my son." wouldn't it now be better if mama just says dat yes, dey are for u people my children. dat statement further reinforces deir oneness though d wife knows tinz dat are specifically for her hobby. my cent o

The father in law doesn't have to tag it anything except gift. If the couple want to throw it into the lagoon that's their business.

My MIL sent my wife soup through Big Joe from Benin and boldly written on the package was my wife's name. It would be so childish of me to tell my wife I won't eat the soup because it was my wife's name on the package. That is what you are saying, I should quarrel with my wife over something so blatantly childish. MILs bring food stuff for their children everytime, it will be the foolish wife or husband who has to ask the MIL who did you bring it for. Some of us here will receive hampers and Christmas gifts so because the hamper was presented to your wife say at the office, you will say, "no return the hamper, they should present it to us as a family" , LoL. Chei! What infants!

8 Likes

Re: Man Fights Wife Cus Dad Bought Her A New Car by Ilekokonit: 11:43pm On Dec 20, 2014
kaboninc:
See as people dey fail exams?For a man to react the way he did, there must be an underlying issue.

For God's sake, if the FIL buys a car without some form of notice to his SIL, he's meddling in their affairs. Simple. He can buy the car, and the husband can insist that the car be returned. He's the husband to the wife, not the father. Let's get this straight!

How would that same FIL feel when someone buys a car for his wife without any hint from any source?

Please let's stop thinking like boyfriend and girlfriend!
Lol.

That's a major part in the epidemic of divorce nowadays. Immature and shortsighted shallow thinking.
Re: Man Fights Wife Cus Dad Bought Her A New Car by LordReed(m): 11:48pm On Dec 20, 2014
coogar:

what a simplistic mind you've got....
it's not about fücking, it's the fact that the new woman puts a spotlight on the competence of the wife......so crackhaus is technically correct using that analogy.

ask yourself why wives get antsy when they see their MILs making food for the husband. it sends a clear message that the wife isn't good enough to make his food & it will undermine her confidence. if you cannot draw the 2 analogies together then i don't think you can be helped.

You and the crackhaus comparing cars to second wives are the ones with the simplistic minds because all you think about is fucking.

I think is height of disrespect to watch your mother come in and take over your home. Are you a man for crying out loud? How does your mother come IN TO YOUR HOME to come and start determining what you will eat? The FIL on the other hand has not invaded your home or made any decision for you, he gave a gift. The best comparison for MILs is her bringing food stuff so you will now get angry that your MIL did not call you to say I am bringing food for you guys o. What kind of childishness is this for Petes sake?

10 Likes

Re: Man Fights Wife Cus Dad Bought Her A New Car by LordReed(m): 11:55pm On Dec 20, 2014
bukatyne:

Hahahahaha!

I haff faint grin

Car = wife no comparism to house or cooking utensils

Who knows, Car might be the name of the wifey's second husband grin

You truly have to be amazed at this kind of thinking. If second wife equals car then first wife must be bicycle, lol. No wonder they assume the women are some kind of thing you buy in the market and becomes your property.

9 Likes

Re: Man Fights Wife Cus Dad Bought Her A New Car by coogar: 12:00am On Dec 21, 2014
LordReed:

You and the crackhaus comparing cars to second wives are the ones with the simplistic minds because all you think about is fucking.

you are the one that brought sėx into this issue. no has mentioned anything about sėx.

I think is height of disrespect to watch your mother come in and take over your home. Are you a man for crying out loud? How does your mother come IN TO YOUR HOME to come and start determining what you will eat? The FIL on the other hand has not invaded your home or made any decision for you, he gave a gift. The best comparison for MILs is her bringing food stuff so you will now get angry that your MIL did not call you to say I am bringing food for you guys o. What kind of childishness is this for Petes sake?

so it's until someone invades your home that one undermines your competence? it's baffling that you compare food to a car. how does any food calls out your competence as a hubby? were you starving before your MIL brought in the food? come on, man - did you skip qualitative analysis classes in school?

7 Likes

Re: Man Fights Wife Cus Dad Bought Her A New Car by LordReed(m): 12:02am On Dec 21, 2014
Godiloveu:

LordReed, wat re u saying sef .... so if d car develops any mechanical problem she will turn to me for help /consultation abi?

anything about d car .....fast forward to ur pop 'c . me no wan know abarrit, shoor!

Rich man no wan give poor man respect again. abegi

LoL poor man too dey quick vex. No worry God go provide.

8 Likes

Re: Man Fights Wife Cus Dad Bought Her A New Car by Nobody: 12:13am On Dec 21, 2014
LordReed:

The father in law doesn't have to tag it anything except gift. If the couple want to throw it into the lagoon that's their business.

My MIL sent my wife soup through Big Joe from Benin and boldly written on the package was my wife's name. It would be so childish of me to tell my wife I won't eat the soup because it was my wife's name on the package. That is what you are saying, I should quarrel with my wife over something so blatantly childish. MILs bring food stuff for their children everytime, it will be the foolish wife or husband who has to ask the MIL who did you bring it for. Some of us here will receive hampers and Christmas gifts so because the hamper was presented to your wife say at the office, you will say, "no return the hamper, they should present it to us as a family" , LoL. Chei! What infants!

nawa for u sha. we r talking about father/ mother in law relationship with dier married children here, u dey talk of soup/ gift presented in office. if ur mIL prepares u ur favourite soup, isn't dat different from gift such as cars from FIL.

The in laws should simply treat both as deir children including when giving such gifts without obvious exoneration in order to promote unity btw dem. period.
learn from elders u dis man. I have grand children up to ur age. u dey make me cough again now. I will call my children for u

2 Likes

Re: Man Fights Wife Cus Dad Bought Her A New Car by Nobody: 12:15am On Dec 21, 2014
LordReed:

Bro, i think this thread has opened several cans of worms as regards some Nl males. I now know their problem. Their insecurities and childish way of thinking is horrible. And its a pity that women are gonna end up with these males. Are you kidding me? These are men talking? are you sure these are men?

WHAT SORT OF MAN FIGHTS WITH HIS WIFE JUST BECAUSE HER FATHER GAVE HER A CAR? How is the father interfering in the marriage by giving his daughter a car? #Puts both hands on the head# Oh lawd!! Some are saying why didnt her father give the car as a collective gift to both of them. Are you sure that statement doesnt ring jealousy? Jealousy that the wife now has a car but her hubby does not? What a childish way of thinking!! Gosh!! Maturity isnt about age!! Im shocked!! No wonder there are too many whinners having issues with women!!!

Chai!!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Fights Wife Cus Dad Bought Her A New Car by LordReed(m): 12:17am On Dec 21, 2014
coogar:

you are the one that brought sėx into this issue. no has mentioned anything about sėx.

LoL chei coogar make you try use some of that logic wey you dey always yarn about now. What is the thing you use in consumating a marriage, bicycle riding? Bwahaha.

so it's until someone invades your home that one undermines your competence? it's baffling that you compare food to a car. how does any food calls out your competence as a hubby? were you starving before your MIL brought in the food? come on, man - did you skip qualitative analysis classes in school?

Nope but that is not the point. Your mother coming into your house and determining what you will eat is not undermining your wife's competence but your authority as the man of the house.

Car and food are on the same level because they are both gifts. Is a second wife a gift? Is a second wife a utility item? Is a second wife a piece of good that can be put in storage or used by any member of the family? Apparently the qualitative analysis you were taught was how to make imaginary scenarios.

8 Likes

Re: Man Fights Wife Cus Dad Bought Her A New Car by cococandy(f): 12:17am On Dec 21, 2014
It is amazing to me too.
LordReed:

4 Likes

Re: Man Fights Wife Cus Dad Bought Her A New Car by LordReed(m): 12:30am On Dec 21, 2014
Sophyrocks:

Bro, i think this thread has opened several cans of worms as regards some Nl males. I now know their problem. Their insecurities and childish way of thinking is horrible. And its a pity that women are gonna end up with these males. Are you kidding me? These are men talking? are you sure these are men?

WHAT SORT OF MAN FIGHTS WITH HIS WIFE JUST BECAUSE HER FATHER GAVE HER A CAR? How is the father interfering in the marriage by giving his daughter a car? #Puts both hands on the head# Oh lawd!! Some are saying why didnt her father give the car as a collective gift to both of them. Are you sure that statement doesnt ring jealousy? Jealousy that the wife now has a car but her hubby does not? What a childish way of thinking!! Gosh!! Maturity isnt about age!! Im shocked!! No wonder there are too many whinners having issues with women!!!

Chai!!

Everything is an us versus them thing for some of these guys. Simply because the shoe is on the other foot. I am pretty sure if it was that a wife whose MIL sent her husband a car and was bitching that they'll be cursing out the woman as an ungrateful cur.

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (27) (Reply)

"Mummy Calm Down" - Boy Negotiates His Way Out Of Beating By His Mother / Is It Right For A Married Woman To Be Dressing In Front Of Her Younger Brother? / Bride Dumps Groom On Wedding Day For Being A Drop-Out

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.