Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,163 members, 7,953,620 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 08:55 PM

How To Start A Profitable Plantain Farm In Nigeria (pics) - Agriculture (51) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / How To Start A Profitable Plantain Farm In Nigeria (pics) (175604 Views)

World's Largest Pig Farm In Kano / Mangu-Bokkos-Plateau: The Largest Mechanized Farm In Nigeria / How To Start And Grow A Profitable Plantain Flour Business In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) ... (69) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Start A Profitable Plantain Farm In Nigeria (pics) by Lesgupnigeria(m): 8:15am On Sep 27, 2020
chommyAngela:
Please how many weeks will it take plantain suckers to come out after planting??
Do you mean from planting to harvesting?
Re: How To Start A Profitable Plantain Farm In Nigeria (pics) by chommyAngela: 8:24am On Sep 27, 2020
Lesgupnigeria:

Do you mean from planting to harvesting?
No,what I meant was if you plant a New sucker,how many weeks will it take for new plantain leaves to come out.
Re: How To Start A Profitable Plantain Farm In Nigeria (pics) by Lesgupnigeria(m): 5:34pm On Sep 27, 2020
FarmTech:
hello, pls can u sell 500m spray tube?
I didn't get this question

Do you have spray tube for sale?

Or you want to purchase one?
Re: How To Start A Profitable Plantain Farm In Nigeria (pics) by Lesgupnigeria(m): 5:35pm On Sep 27, 2020
chommyAngela:
No,what I meant was if you plant a New sucker,how many weeks will it take for new plantain leaves to come out.

Maybe in 2 weeks depending on weather situation of the location
Re: How To Start A Profitable Plantain Farm In Nigeria (pics) by chommyAngela: 9:17pm On Sep 27, 2020
Lesgupnigeria:

Maybe in 2 weeks depending on weather situation of the location
thanks..Mine is now 3weeks but no show.
Re: How To Start A Profitable Plantain Farm In Nigeria (pics) by FarmTech(m): 9:42pm On Sep 27, 2020
Lesgupnigeria:

I didn't get this question

Do you have spray tube for sale?

Or you want to purchase one?
Ok.
I want to buy 50m spray tube.
Re: How To Start A Profitable Plantain Farm In Nigeria (pics) by Lesgupnigeria(m): 12:54pm On Sep 28, 2020
chommyAngela:
thanks..Mine is now 3weeks but no show.
Ha!
Maybe it's the type of sucker you bought or the land might not be good for plantain.
Re: How To Start A Profitable Plantain Farm In Nigeria (pics) by Lesgupnigeria(m): 8:21am On Sep 29, 2020
With all of thine getting,have knowledge

Knowledge is the gap between success and failure,between you not losing money and actually losing money.
Without knowledge,you are not going to see returns in your investment
Seeking for knowledge bring collaboration with others
The more you learn,the higher your potential of earning
Knowledge is key.

Seek for knowledge

You can join our Agribusiness bootcamp through the link on my first page for training
Re: How To Start A Profitable Plantain Farm In Nigeria (pics) by Lesgupnigeria(m): 7:22am On Oct 06, 2020
FarmTech:

Ok.
I want to buy 50m spray tube.
It's not available at the moment.
Thanks.
Re: How To Start A Profitable Plantain Farm In Nigeria (pics) by jessybabe46(f): 8:20am On Oct 07, 2020
Lesgupnigeria:

Thank you
God bless
You are welcome sir
Re: How To Start A Profitable Plantain Farm In Nigeria (pics) by Lesgupnigeria(m): 6:50am On Oct 08, 2020
jessybabe46:

You are welcome sir
Thanks
Re: How To Start A Profitable Plantain Farm In Nigeria (pics) by Lesgupnigeria(m): 4:01am On Oct 09, 2020
Learning to venture or invest into agriculture is dynamic and require regular update.
What you know yesterday will not be sufficient to make your agribusiness venture work.

Your level of knowledge is significantly proportional to your earning potential.
I started making more when I upgraded my knowledge,thereby made fewer mistakes in the process.

Good morning fam
Re: How To Start A Profitable Plantain Farm In Nigeria (pics) by Lesgupnigeria(m): 4:53pm On Oct 11, 2020
Happy Sunday to you all.
Don't forget to #getinvolved#Doagric
Re: How To Start A Profitable Plantain Farm In Nigeria (pics) by Lesgupnigeria(m): 8:11pm On Oct 15, 2020

1 Like

Re: How To Start A Profitable Plantain Farm In Nigeria (pics) by Lesgupnigeria(m): 6:46am On Oct 20, 2020
Consider plantain farming anytime you are looking for which area to venture into...it's worth it and thank me later

Re: How To Start A Profitable Plantain Farm In Nigeria (pics) by sayitall(m): 8:21pm On Oct 20, 2020
Where is your farm sites
Re: How To Start A Profitable Plantain Farm In Nigeria (pics) by Lesgupnigeria(m): 1:16pm On Oct 23, 2020
sayitall:
Where is your farm sites
Ijebu-igbo, ogbomoso and ilorin.
Re: How To Start A Profitable Plantain Farm In Nigeria (pics) by Nobody: 2:52pm On Nov 01, 2020
How do I use liquid fertilizer on my plantain? Is it effective?
Re: How To Start A Profitable Plantain Farm In Nigeria (pics) by Tickles001(m): 7:31pm On Nov 01, 2020
Lesgupnigeria:

Ijebu-igbo, ogbomoso and ilorin.

I sent you a message on WhatsApp. Please find time to reply. I have some things to talk with you
Re: How To Start A Profitable Plantain Farm In Nigeria (pics) by Lesgupnigeria(m): 10:46am On Nov 02, 2020
Oyus:
How do I use liquid fertilizer on my plantain? Is it effective?
Yes,it is although you will have to apply 2 times or.more for effectiveness.
Re: How To Start A Profitable Plantain Farm In Nigeria (pics) by Lesgupnigeria(m): 10:47am On Nov 02, 2020
Tickles001:

I sent you a message on WhatsApp. Please find time to reply. I have some things to talk with you
Guess it has been replied,if not,you can call +2348164628081 for quicker response.
Regards.
Re: How To Start A Profitable Plantain Farm In Nigeria (pics) by Lesgupnigeria(m): 11:50am On Nov 05, 2020
Since I saw this picture,my mind has been running wild on how we can turn into what we called waste in this country into wealth.

It is high time I stopped Baba Ahmed from wasting this plantain waste on the farm and we start generating foreign exchange from it.

Our plantain farm alone can generate hundred of thousand of dollars,not to talk of other thousands of plantain farms around.

Unfortunately as a nation and as an individual we are blind to those kind of opportunities that can easily generate good revenue for us.

If we focus on this plantain value chain as a nation,this might add some tens/hundred of millions of dollars to our reserve but the question is who will?.....May God open our eyes to see these wealth creating opportunities agriculture present and the ability to explore through.

Re: How To Start A Profitable Plantain Farm In Nigeria (pics) by Nobody: 5:53pm On Nov 05, 2020
Thanks. What brand of the liquid fertilizer, and how do i apply it please. Thank you.
Lesgupnigeria:

Guess it has been replied,if not,you can call +2348164628081 for quicker response.
Regards.
Re: How To Start A Profitable Plantain Farm In Nigeria (pics) by Nobody: 5:54pm On Nov 05, 2020
Thanks. What brand of the liquid fertilizer, and how do i apply it please. Thank you.
Lesgupnigeria:

Yes,it is although you will have to apply 2 times or.more for effectiveness.
Re: How To Start A Profitable Plantain Farm In Nigeria (pics) by Lesgupnigeria(m): 9:50am On Nov 06, 2020
Oyus:
There are many good brands anyway but you can use this one
Maxiforce

1 Like

Re: How To Start A Profitable Plantain Farm In Nigeria (pics) by Nobody: 8:22pm On Nov 06, 2020
Thank you. Where can i find it in Edo state, and what is the price like. Thanks
Lesgupnigeria:

There are many good brands anyway but you can use this one
Maxiforce
Re: How To Start A Profitable Plantain Farm In Nigeria (pics) by Richfarmer(m): 9:52pm On Nov 06, 2020
Please can someone here explain to me more about spinach farming, i can hardly find any useful topic about it here on nairaland why is it not cultivated more unlike cucumbers and peppers? Is it that there is no market for it or the profit dont just add up. Where can one market it or source for sure buyers. I need a thorough research before Investing in it, and also where can the seeds be bought from? thanks
Re: How To Start A Profitable Plantain Farm In Nigeria (pics) by Richfarmer(m): 9:56pm On Nov 06, 2020
Lesgupnigeria:
Since I saw this picture,my mind has been running wild on how we can turn into what we called waste in this country into wealth.

It is high time I stopped Baba Ahmed from wasting this plantain waste on the farm and we start generating foreign exchange from it.

Our plantain farm alone can generate hundred of thousand of dollars,not to talk of other thousands of plantain farms around.

Unfortunately as a nation and as an individual we are blind to those kind of opportunities that can easily generate good revenue for us.

If we focus on this plantain value chain as a nation,this might add some tens/hundred of millions of dollars to our reserve but the question is who will?.....May God open our eyes to see these wealth creating opportunities agriculture present and the ability to explore through.

can #30-40m be enough to run this?
Re: How To Start A Profitable Plantain Farm In Nigeria (pics) by Lesgupnigeria(m): 1:25am On Nov 07, 2020
Oyus:
Thank you. Where can i find it in Edo state, and what is the price like. Thanks
Price varies from one location to another
Visit any agricultural input shop and ask for the brand.
Re: How To Start A Profitable Plantain Farm In Nigeria (pics) by Lesgupnigeria(m): 4:41pm On Nov 10, 2020
Re: How To Start A Profitable Plantain Farm In Nigeria (pics) by Lesgupnigeria(m): 8:45am On Nov 11, 2020
Richfarmer:
Please can someone here explain to me more about spinach
farming,
i can hardly find any useful topic about it here on nairaland
why is it not cultivated more unlike cucumbers and peppers?
Is it that there is no market for it or the profit dont just add up.
Where can one market it or source for sure buyers.
I need a thorough research before Investing in it,
and also where can the seeds be bought from? thanks
It's being cultivated and sold in many of the local markets in Nigeria (especially in the south west)
If you want to cultivate one,you can visit agric shops near you where the seeds are being sold.
Re: How To Start A Profitable Plantain Farm In Nigeria (pics) by Lesgupnigeria(m): 1:19pm On Nov 12, 2020
A one-time or few times failure in your farm business doesn't means agriculture is not profitable,it means the steps you took is not the right one to reach success level and call for knowledge
You will do well and go far by sticking to agriculture on a long term basis learning, relearning and pushing forward

(1) (2) (3) ... (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) ... (69) (Reply)

Acres Of farmland For Sale At N60,000 Per Acre / My Organic Poultry Project (broilers) / Hidden Truths About Plantain Farming Business

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.