Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,994 members, 7,952,979 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 08:38 AM

How To Start A Profitable Plantain Farm In Nigeria (pics) - Agriculture (53) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / How To Start A Profitable Plantain Farm In Nigeria (pics) (175536 Views)

World's Largest Pig Farm In Kano / Mangu-Bokkos-Plateau: The Largest Mechanized Farm In Nigeria / How To Start And Grow A Profitable Plantain Flour Business In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) ... (69) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Start A Profitable Plantain Farm In Nigeria (pics) by Lesgupnigeria(m): 8:39am On Jan 04, 2021
My Dad use to say something " the cities of today were villages if yesterday".
He travelled extensively and during his travels,he saw how villages,towns turned to cities within years.
He always tell many stories of how the jungles of Aba, Port-harcourt,Lagos, Ibadan etc in the 1960's,70's,80's,90's are now big cities.

One thing I learn from his numerous stories is that where you have humans and development are synonymous.....there will always be development where you have humans.

Investing in farm business is a two edged profit sword.

After you must have made a lot of money from what you produce on your farm, at the same time, the value of your farmland keep going North.

In 2017,a potential client from italy who want to invest on the farm came visiting and when he got to one of our farm estates in ogbomoso said that "I don't think this place will be developed even in the next 40 years" and he left.

Those that knows me know that I don't talk too much to convince people.
Once I tell you the truth,you either take it or leave it. I wouldnot sweet talk you into taking the offer.

3 years from the time he left,I have watched the location developed with a lot of amenities such as electricity,good roads,

Last year,I sent him the before/after pictures of the area that he said it will take 40 years to develop.
He was rushing to take some acres but unfortunately it was too late as it was already acquired by someone else and he has to settle for another location.

For the past 5 years or so,I have seen enormous increase in migration from urban to rural areas creating a lot of developmental strides.

There is agricultural revolution going on currently in Nigeria and this is the right time to plug in

#DoAgric
#ItPays
#InvestInAgric

1 Like

Re: How To Start A Profitable Plantain Farm In Nigeria (pics) by Lesgupnigeria(m): 7:37am On Jan 05, 2021
Do you need farmland to start your farm business,we have thousands of farmland in our various farm estates in ijebu-igbo,ilorin and ogbomoso.
No problem, no issues,accessible,good road network.

We are the most trusted and biggest farmland owner through which you can access your farmland.
Re: How To Start A Profitable Plantain Farm In Nigeria (pics) by Donmegalin(m): 2:35pm On Jan 05, 2021
Goodday boss,read from page 1 till date,i must am really impressed,i stay in aba,nd i currently have 3 plots of land,have few questions.
1.how many suckers will be enough for the plots,
2.HOW can your suckers get to me if i purchase from u
3.can u teach me how to culture better suckers.
4.how much should i budget.?
i intend starting this planting season also have access to adequate water
Re: How To Start A Profitable Plantain Farm In Nigeria (pics) by Nezzjnr: 4:28pm On Jan 05, 2021
Lesgupnigeria:
Do you need farmland to start your farm business,we have thousands of farmland in our various farm estates in ijebu-igbo,ilorin and ogbomoso.
No problem, no issues,accessible,good road network.

We are the most trusted and biggest farmland owner through which you can access your farmland.
What irrigation plan will be the best for Plantains

Drip is quite expensive
Re: How To Start A Profitable Plantain Farm In Nigeria (pics) by Lesgupnigeria(m): 8:17am On Jan 06, 2021
Nezzjnr:

What irrigation plan will be the best for Plantains

Drip is quite expensive
May be expensive but it does the job better.
All.other might waste your water and grow you more weeds in the farm.
Re: How To Start A Profitable Plantain Farm In Nigeria (pics) by Nezzjnr: 10:19am On Jan 06, 2021
Lesgupnigeria:

May be expensive but it does the job better.
All.other might waste your water and grow you more weeds in the farm.
It'll really worth it at the end

Depending on Rainfall won't be ideal
Re: How To Start A Profitable Plantain Farm In Nigeria (pics) by Lesgupnigeria(m): 11:35am On Jan 06, 2021
Nezzjnr:

It'll really worth it at the end

Depending on Rainfall won't be ideal
Don't understand
Re: How To Start A Profitable Plantain Farm In Nigeria (pics) by Nezzjnr: 12:10pm On Jan 06, 2021
Lesgupnigeria:

Don't understand
I've seen people who depended on Rainfall to plant plantains
Re: How To Start A Profitable Plantain Farm In Nigeria (pics) by Lesgupnigeria(m): 7:57am On Jan 07, 2021
Nezzjnr:

I've seen people who depended on Rainfall to plant plantains
Yes,you can depend on rainfall if you plant early.
Feb/March
Although you can't compare your yield with someone who uses Irrigation.
Re: How To Start A Profitable Plantain Farm In Nigeria (pics) by Nezzjnr: 9:00am On Jan 07, 2021
Lesgupnigeria:

Yes,you can depend on rainfall if you plant early.
Feb/March
Although you can't compare your yield with someone who uses Irrigation.
True though.... Using drip for multiple acres will be very expensive
Re: How To Start A Profitable Plantain Farm In Nigeria (pics) by Lesgupnigeria(m): 8:30am On Jan 08, 2021
Nezzjnr:

True though.... Using drip for multiple acres will be very expensive
Yes, right

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How To Start A Profitable Plantain Farm In Nigeria (pics) by Lesgupnigeria(m): 12:17pm On Jan 11, 2021
Many years ago,I wrote down some goals that I wanted achieve by our organisation WaleAgro Nigeria; Acquire well secured 1000 Hectares of land for cultivation and for other agropreneurs /farmers that will be interested in owning farmland for Agribusiness.

At another time,I wrote that I want us to be producing 500MT of cassava,plantain,cashew on our farm estates with our local farmers;

At another time,we were looking for a certain number of financial partners that will be involved with profit sharing from our existing operations,

At the end of the day,all of the goals was achieved and surpassed those now; we are unto another bigger one now

Was it easy and smooth? Hell No

Was I stretched and stressed? Yes I was but it was a good stress and stretching

You want to create additional or multiple source of revenue from agriculture,what steps are you taking to reach your goals
Have you spoken to an expert about it?

Have you written them down?

You need to write them down and paste them in your bedroom where you can read it everyday.

The year is till new and it's not too late to do so.

Like a saying that "the best time to plant an iroko tree is 20 years ago,the next best time to plant another one is now"

Needed farmland in any of our cashew/plantain/oilpalm/cassava farm estates in ijebu-igbo,ogbomoso, ilorin or you want to partner or invest with WaleAgro in any of the investment/partnership packages

Just a DM away or call +2349031147593
Re: How To Start A Profitable Plantain Farm In Nigeria (pics) by helpfulposts(m): 2:30pm On Jan 11, 2021
Donmegalin:
Goodday boss,read from page 1 till date,i must am really impressed,i stay in aba,nd i currently have 3 plots of land,have few questions.
These question are left unanswered.
Re: How To Start A Profitable Plantain Farm In Nigeria (pics) by Lesgupnigeria(m): 11:04am On Jan 12, 2021
Donmegalin:
You can use 120-150 suckers for a plot.
You can come to our farm to pick it up
We also offer practical training for those interested in gaining knowledge
Re: How To Start A Profitable Plantain Farm In Nigeria (pics) by banji001: 11:34am On Jan 12, 2021
Lesgupnigeria:

You can use 120-150 suckers for a plot.
You can come to our farm to pick it up
We also offer practical training for those interested in gaining knowledge

Please I’ll be needing suckers too soon and I’ll I be able to reach out for the needs
Re: How To Start A Profitable Plantain Farm In Nigeria (pics) by Lesgupnigeria(m): 12:54pm On Jan 12, 2021
helpfulposts:

These question are left unanswered.
Already answered.
Thanks for bringing my attention to it
God bless
Re: How To Start A Profitable Plantain Farm In Nigeria (pics) by Nezzjnr: 4:20pm On Jan 12, 2021
How much is a sucker sold

I'm thinking of leasing lands for Years for the Project
Re: How To Start A Profitable Plantain Farm In Nigeria (pics) by Lesgupnigeria(m): 11:11am On Jan 13, 2021
Nezzjnr:
How much is a sucker sold

I'm thinking of leasing lands for Years for the Project
Okay.
It's not advisable to lease land for plantain
Outright purchase is okay for plantain.
Re: How To Start A Profitable Plantain Farm In Nigeria (pics) by Nezzjnr: 11:25am On Jan 13, 2021
Lesgupnigeria:

Okay.
It's not advisable to lease land for plantain
Outright purchase is okay for plantain.
How much will it cost

I need a place close to Mowe
Re: How To Start A Profitable Plantain Farm In Nigeria (pics) by Lesgupnigeria(m): 8:46am On Jan 15, 2021
Nezzjnr:

How much will it cost

I need a place close to Mowe
I don't think you can get a place as large as it will take you to start a profitable plantain farm in nigeria
Re: How To Start A Profitable Plantain Farm In Nigeria (pics) by Nezzjnr: 9:03am On Jan 15, 2021
Lesgupnigeria:

I don't think you can get a place as large as it will take you to start a profitable plantain farm in nigeria
Why do you say so Sir??
Re: How To Start A Profitable Plantain Farm In Nigeria (pics) by Lesgupnigeria(m): 7:15pm On Jan 17, 2021
Nezzjnr:

Why do you say so Sir??
I mean in mowe and not in nigeria
Re: How To Start A Profitable Plantain Farm In Nigeria (pics) by Nezzjnr: 7:33pm On Jan 17, 2021
Lesgupnigeria:

I mean in mowe and not in nigeria
Actually Mokoloki in Mowe Ofada
Re: How To Start A Profitable Plantain Farm In Nigeria (pics) by Lesgupnigeria(m): 7:53am On Jan 18, 2021
Nezzjnr:

Actually Mokoloki in Mowe Ofada
You can start from there but you might still need to get bigger farmland elsewhere as you grow in the business.
Re: How To Start A Profitable Plantain Farm In Nigeria (pics) by Nezzjnr: 8:34am On Jan 18, 2021
Lesgupnigeria:

You can start from there but you might still need to get bigger farmland elsewhere as you grow in the business.
Are the lands there not big??

Farmlands in where??
Re: How To Start A Profitable Plantain Farm In Nigeria (pics) by Nezzjnr: 5:45pm On Jan 18, 2021
Lesgupnigeria:

My tissue suckers goes for #100 but will look into subsidizing if you are buying more.
How many is the max you can sell for

Does one also need to keep buying it yearly since you said Uprooted suckers aren't the best
Re: How To Start A Profitable Plantain Farm In Nigeria (pics) by Nezzjnr: 5:46pm On Jan 18, 2021
Lesgupnigeria:
Do plantain...it is very profitable
Is that manure that is being sprayed round the plantain in the 2nd picture??
Re: How To Start A Profitable Plantain Farm In Nigeria (pics) by Nezzjnr: 7:30pm On Jan 18, 2021
olamkas:
Good day house.
It's been a long time I visit here.
Good to tell you guys that my plantains at 7 months have started fruiting.
Did you depend on rain
Re: How To Start A Profitable Plantain Farm In Nigeria (pics) by Lesgupnigeria(m): 9:06pm On Jan 18, 2021
Nezzjnr:

Are the lands there not big??

Farmlands in where??
Yes
You can get anywhere or you can also get from our plantain farm estates in ijebu-ode/ijebu-igbo (ogun state)
Re: How To Start A Profitable Plantain Farm In Nigeria (pics) by Nezzjnr: 9:42pm On Jan 18, 2021
Nezzjnr:

How many is the max you can sell for

Does one also need to keep buying it yearly since you said Uprooted suckers aren't the best

@ Lesgupnigeria please can you respond to this Sir
Re: How To Start A Profitable Plantain Farm In Nigeria (pics) by Lesgupnigeria(m): 6:58am On Jan 19, 2021
Nezzjnr:

Is that manure that is being sprayed round the plantain in the 2nd picture??
I can't see the pic but you should can start using fertiliser about some months (2) after planting
Re: How To Start A Profitable Plantain Farm In Nigeria (pics) by Nezzjnr: 8:06am On Jan 19, 2021
Lesgupnigeria:

I can't see the pic but you should can start using fertiliser about some months (2) after planting
If I use Npk 20 10 10 and Urea for the tissue culture sucker during the raining season

Will it be able to survive drought during the dry season

(1) (2) (3) ... (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) ... (69) (Reply)

Acres Of farmland For Sale At N60,000 Per Acre / My Organic Poultry Project (broilers) / Hidden Truths About Plantain Farming Business

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.