Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,054 members, 7,810,943 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 07:00 PM

Why Are All These General Overseers Bringing Their Kids Into Pastoring - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Are All These General Overseers Bringing Their Kids Into Pastoring (4483 Views)

Open Letter To General Overseers And Church Leaders In Nigeria / What Is The Difference Between General Overseers And The Pope? / Is Pastoring Supposed To Be Full-Time Or Not? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Are All These General Overseers Bringing Their Kids Into Pastoring by pstbolanta: 1:03pm On Mar 29, 2010
I have discovered that most of these general overseers are bringing their kids into pastoring. I learnt of Oyedepo bringing his son not only to be a pastor but ahead of most of the pastors that knew when his son was born,also Fred Addo of praise chapel in kaduna ordaining his 20 yrs old son to also be a pastor and so many other cases. Please why is this so?
Re: Why Are All These General Overseers Bringing Their Kids Into Pastoring by jagunlabi(m): 1:26pm On Mar 29, 2010
Well, a craft as lucrative as pastoring needs to be kept in the family, goes without saying.
Re: Why Are All These General Overseers Bringing Their Kids Into Pastoring by pstbolanta: 1:32pm On Mar 29, 2010
jagunlabi:

Well, a craft as lucrative as pastoring needs to be kept in the family, goes without saying.
hmmmmmmmmmmm
Re: Why Are All These General Overseers Bringing Their Kids Into Pastoring by Kx: 1:35pm On Mar 29, 2010
I think it goes like this;
God "called" the fathers,the fathers now called the sons.
i think it makes sense.
At least there was a calling!
Re: Why Are All These General Overseers Bringing Their Kids Into Pastoring by pstbolanta: 1:42pm On Mar 29, 2010
Kx:

I think it goes like this;
God "called" the fathers,the fathers now called the sons.
i think it makes sense.
At least there was a calling!
what calling?who called the sons? is it God or their father?
Re: Why Are All These General Overseers Bringing Their Kids Into Pastoring by Fhemmmy: 1:48pm On Mar 29, 2010
How come many doctors wants their kids to be a doctor?
Re: Why Are All These General Overseers Bringing Their Kids Into Pastoring by Odunnu: 1:53pm On Mar 29, 2010
Plz tel us why doctorz want there children 2b in same profession
Re: Why Are All These General Overseers Bringing Their Kids Into Pastoring by pstbolanta: 1:56pm On Mar 29, 2010
Odunnu:

fhemmy answer him oooo
Re: Why Are All These General Overseers Bringing Their Kids Into Pastoring by Fhemmmy: 1:57pm On Mar 29, 2010
I just think this is another way to make a big deal out of nothing.
The kids want to be a pastor and even live like their father, what is the big deal about it, if the father is a great role model and living the life as God tells us to
Re: Why Are All These General Overseers Bringing Their Kids Into Pastoring by pstbolanta: 2:05pm On Mar 29, 2010
Fhemmmy:

I just think this is another way to make a big deal out of nothing.
The kids want to be a pastor and even live like their father, what is the big deal about it, if the father is a great role model and living the life as God tells us to
the thing is that God has to call them before they can be a pastor not their father calling them
Re: Why Are All These General Overseers Bringing Their Kids Into Pastoring by Fhemmmy: 2:16pm On Mar 29, 2010
pstbolanta:

the thing is that God has to call them before they can be a pastor not their father calling them

Who are me and you to judge them, how do you and i know they were not called?
This is my blv, any man that has not been called and decided to be a pastor will fail easy and neat . . . .so let God take up His battle and let is let them be.
Besides, there are more work in the pastoral field that does not have to be standing on the pulpit and performing miracles
Re: Why Are All These General Overseers Bringing Their Kids Into Pastoring by harakiri(m): 3:14pm On Mar 29, 2010
It's called "securing their investment".When i tell people churches are nothing but business centres, they stubbornly refuse to believe due to their greed e.g they want their bank accounts to multiply in 20 fold "pressed down" overnight due to assurances from Mr Pastor A.K.A Ceo.
Re: Why Are All These General Overseers Bringing Their Kids Into Pastoring by richmanel(m): 3:23pm On Mar 29, 2010
It's called "securing their investment".When i tell people churches are nothing but business centres, they stubbornly refuse to believe due to their greed e.g they want their bank accounts to multiply in 20 fold "pressed down" overnight due to assurances from Mr Pastor A.K.A Ceo.

Everyman is entitled to his own opinion but then, we should not forget that whatever we say will always come back to us (law of karma). Wish we could be more prudent on how we discuss spiritual affairs.
Re: Why Are All These General Overseers Bringing Their Kids Into Pastoring by harakiri(m): 3:36pm On Mar 29, 2010
richmanel:

Everyman is entitled to his own opinion but then, we should not forget that whatever we say will always come back to us (law of karma). Wish we could be more prudent on how we discuss spiritual affairs.

Abeg, make person hear word jare.Simply becoz your spiritual leader has you shaken with fear doesn't mean everyone is that gullible.Do people like you ever think how Africa would be if the white man hadn't brought his religion?What happened to our forefathers that never knew christianity?They all went to hell becoz of their ignorance abi?Abeg, go chop beans.

Have you ever wondered why fear is the backbone of all religious sects? It's always "thou shall not do this or else. . .". The bible says the world is not more than 5000 years old and yet there is fossil evidence of plants/animals dating back to billions of years.Has your mind ever pondered on that or you just blank out those thoughts not to "offend" the lord? The bible says "thou shall not kill" and yet, the isrealites slaughtered millions of innocent men,women and children in foreign places in their insatiable quest for more land.The victims were called "Gentiles". . .people who were minding their own business and worshiping their own deities.How do you justify that?Don't worry. . .i understand your type.You wouldn't dare ponder about these issues due to your greed for blessings.

Rubbish angry
Re: Why Are All These General Overseers Bringing Their Kids Into Pastoring by KunleOshob(m): 4:36pm On Mar 29, 2010
@Topic
this only happens in the penterascal/ word of faith business where churches are seen as business/investments by their promoters that must be "willed" to their children hence they are positioning them to take over the family business by bringing them into the business and training them so by the time the promoter dies or retires their children would be ready to take over the church empire/ conglomerate they have built for themselves and families.
Re: Why Are All These General Overseers Bringing Their Kids Into Pastoring by Fhemmmy: 4:42pm On Mar 29, 2010
KunleOshob:

@Topic
this only happens in the penterascal/ word of faith business where churches are seen as business/investments by their promoters that must be "willed" to their children hence they are positioning them to take over the family business by bringing them into the business and training them so by the time the promoter dies or retires their children would be ready to take over the church empire/ conglomerate they have built for themselves and families.

That is so untrue, and besides, while the child is being groomed, there are other leaders within the church that will be taking care of the affairs of the church
Re: Why Are All These General Overseers Bringing Their Kids Into Pastoring by KunleOshob(m): 5:09pm On Mar 29, 2010
Fhemmmy:

That is so untrue, and besides, while the child is being groomed, there are other leaders within the church that will be taking care of the affairs of the church

Yes they would be allowed to help run the church but they would never be allowed to take over the church, since is is considered the exclusive business preserve owned by the founders family. The other leaders in the church are merely unpaid empoloyees.
Re: Why Are All These General Overseers Bringing Their Kids Into Pastoring by wirinet(m): 5:48pm On Mar 29, 2010
Odunnu:

At least you agree that pastoring is a profession like any other, so why all the bull sh.it about being specially called by God. So you will also agree that opening a church is like starting a business in a chosen profession, and so the children must be groomed to take over the business, once the sole proprietor is gone.
Re: Why Are All These General Overseers Bringing Their Kids Into Pastoring by Fhemmmy: 6:24pm On Mar 29, 2010
KunleOshob:

Yes they would be allowed to help run the church but they would never be allowed to take over the church, since is is considered the exclusive business preserve owned by the founders family. The other leaders in the church are merely unpaid empoloyees.

There is nothing like take over the church, except you are talking about a "church" in which, i cant say too much about it, cos only God know which is which, but for a church, no one can take over, cos it is of the Lord
Re: Why Are All These General Overseers Bringing Their Kids Into Pastoring by Nobody: 7:36pm On Mar 29, 2010
its a lucrative family business.
Re: Why Are All These General Overseers Bringing Their Kids Into Pastoring by InesQor(m): 7:43pm On Mar 29, 2010
grin grin grin shocked cool tongue grin cheesy
Re: Why Are All These General Overseers Bringing Their Kids Into Pastoring by segyemaro(m): 10:01pm On Mar 29, 2010
Fhemmmy,i think u are still leaving in d past.
Re: Why Are All These General Overseers Bringing Their Kids Into Pastoring by harakiri(m): 10:12pm On Mar 29, 2010
I want to buy shares in Christ Embassy PLC.How do i apply?
Re: Why Are All These General Overseers Bringing Their Kids Into Pastoring by eghosaobas: 6:49am On Mar 30, 2010
U can ask any christ embassy member
Re: Why Are All These General Overseers Bringing Their Kids Into Pastoring by viaro: 11:13am On Mar 30, 2010
Fhemmmy:

Hehe ... them 'role models' roam all over the place. Sample a few below (note the apprentice sons understudying their fathers mentors)

[list][flash=290,230]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3BgGjkIMq0k&hl=en_GB&fs=1&[/flash]
"Are you outa ya mind? I want my money
NOW!"[/list]

[list][flash=290,230]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LcUjtIRPeDw&hl=en_GB&fs=1&[/flash]
"Everybody knows my children . . .
mercedes . . . convertible"
(son nods head as he takes in the lessons!) grin[/list]
Re: Why Are All These General Overseers Bringing Their Kids Into Pastoring by eghosaobas: 12:20pm On Mar 30, 2010
I did not get that.
Re: Why Are All These General Overseers Bringing Their Kids Into Pastoring by ogajim(m): 2:44pm On Mar 30, 2010
Dr. LT, CD and co (a long list of them) are always good entertainers.

Folks thought they had it bad in 9ja, it originated from here. cheesy
Re: Why Are All These General Overseers Bringing Their Kids Into Pastoring by eghosaobas: 2:51pm On Mar 30, 2010
How do u mean?
Re: Why Are All These General Overseers Bringing Their Kids Into Pastoring by ogajim(m): 3:12pm On Mar 30, 2010
^^By what omo Benin?
Re: Why Are All These General Overseers Bringing Their Kids Into Pastoring by sojjy03: 3:46pm On Mar 30, 2010
It will be so good for you to know that a pastor that has walked with God for over two decades with the proofs that he was called of God, will not do anything to jeopardize his relationship with God. I think you should find out very well before you post issues like this. For the records, i will like you to know that when Pastor Oyedepo Jnr. was born, God told the father that "another warrior has been born". Please what does that connote to you?

More so, he didn't call himself so he can't call anybody.

God bless you all.
Re: Why Are All These General Overseers Bringing Their Kids Into Pastoring by KunleOshob(m): 4:18pm On Mar 30, 2010
@sojjy03
Where you there when God God told Oyedepo that There are also numerous and convincing proofs that Oyedepo is a false preacher so stop claiming there are proofs he was called of God. I am sure you are one of the deluded folks who assume that since he is so wealthy God must be blessing him whilst conviniently ignoring the obviuos fact that the man made his money from fleecing the flock and merchandizing the gospel.
Re: Why Are All These General Overseers Bringing Their Kids Into Pastoring by ogajim(m): 4:19pm On Mar 30, 2010
sojjy03:

It will be so good for you to know that a pastor that has walked with God for over two decades with the proofs that he was called of God, will not do anything to jeopardize his relationship with God. I think you should find out very well before you post issues like this. For the records, i will like you to know that when Pastor Oyedepo Jnr. was born, God told the father that "another warrior has been born". Please what does that connote to you?

More so, he didn't call himself so he can't call anybody.

God bless you all.

^^^ This is the level of education in 9ja these days? undecided undecided undecided undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nollywood Actress Confesses Witchcraft On TB Joshua's Emmanuel TV / Does This Even Make Sense? / LADIES Be Careful Of The Men You Let Into Your Heart And Enter Your Body

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.