Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,194 members, 7,829,273 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 11:31 PM

Did You Followed Your Childhood Passion As It Relates to choosing a Career - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Did You Followed Your Childhood Passion As It Relates to choosing a Career (735 Views)

If You Didn't Do These As A Child, Then Your Childhood Wasn't Awesome(pictures). / If You Played This In Your Childhood Then Your Childhoold Was Awesome (pic) / What Was Ur Experience When U Followed Your Mother To The Market (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Did You Followed Your Childhood Passion As It Relates to choosing a Career by dre11(m): 11:57pm On Dec 21, 2014
Prelude
Remember the good old days, when you are still young(most times in your primary school days) when you'd sit at your desk in school dreaming of the day you'd become a concellor, teacher, dancer radio personality, an adventurer such as Indiana Jones? Those innocent days where you believe u have the world at your feet and can do what ever you dare dream to do/be
But by the time students get to the last leg of their secondary school and you are trying to shape your destiny by the kind of course you pick to study or what path you want to follow in life.... many forget those dreams and choose a more lucrative or popular path due to parents or siblings influence.

To be totally honest, I can’t exactly remember what I wanted to be when I grew up. I definitely didn’t dream about being in H.R. or recruiting agencies, or working in the para-millitary as a psychology, physio threapy. I actually don’t think I realized those careers existed until I was about writting JAMB and see the bronchi. Even then, I had no idea that they would be for me.
Though my exact “dream job” wasn’t clear to me at a young age. But as time goes on the larger picture becomes clearer as i becomes more matured in decission making, judgement and thicking about where it all started.......
As in from the childhoold days.. those childhood dreams, aspiration, love, ideas etc So if you’re feeling lost in your career, call your parents, or your childhood friends, and have them remind you of the things you loved and chased as a kid. Maybe it won’t be relevant at all… But maybe it will remind you of your true calling.
(Those childhood dream....)

So, guys and ladies..
what kind of job did you had the passion for while growing up and where you able to live up to your dreams
Re: Did You Followed Your Childhood Passion As It Relates to choosing a Career by dre11(m): 11:59pm On Dec 21, 2014
Let me open the floor

I had wanted to be a doctor.. .

But, I niw found myself in the engineering field because of my dislike for biology

And am a proud engineer
Re: Did You Followed Your Childhood Passion As It Relates to choosing a Career by flinton(m): 12:01am On Dec 22, 2014
Nope, wanted to be a lawyer, switched Lane to medicals, so grateful I did!

1 Like

Re: Did You Followed Your Childhood Passion As It Relates to choosing a Career by emperorwhale(m): 12:02am On Dec 22, 2014
I wanted to be a soldier but nigerian factor will not let me, applied to NDA 5tym nd now dis year is my 4th year of direct short service bt I am a happy farmer for now till I get d army JOB

1 Like

Re: Did You Followed Your Childhood Passion As It Relates to choosing a Career by dre11(m): 12:08am On Dec 22, 2014
emperorwhale:
I wanted to be a soldier but nigerian factor will not let me, applied to NDA 5tym nd now dis year is my 4th year of direct short service bt I am a happy farmer for now till I get d army JOB

You still want to serve in the militarycheesy

That's great and I like your persistence, I pray you get your heart desires one day
Re: Did You Followed Your Childhood Passion As It Relates to choosing a Career by RaeMystix: 12:11am On Dec 22, 2014
I wanted to become a lawyer.... now studying to become a nurse; public health...possibly a medical doctor...Fingers crossed.

1 Like

Re: Did You Followed Your Childhood Passion As It Relates to choosing a Career by RaeMystix: 12:12am On Dec 22, 2014
I wanted to become a lawyer.... now studying to become a nurse/ public health / medical doctor. .Depends on where life takes me.
Re: Did You Followed Your Childhood Passion As It Relates to choosing a Career by AfricanApple(f): 12:35am On Dec 22, 2014
I really wanted to be a doctor, even while I was still in secondary school. I can't remember when journalism and entertainment became my passion

1 Like

Re: Did You Followed Your Childhood Passion As It Relates to choosing a Career by Nobody: 12:51am On Dec 22, 2014
Initially I wanted to be a teacher but latter on I began to have passion for engineering, aeronatics to be precised but because at the time I got admitted there was only one uni offering the course and I couldn't go there I had to opt for my second choice electrical/electronics and now that's what am studying now.

1 Like

Re: Did You Followed Your Childhood Passion As It Relates to choosing a Career by Nobody: 8:41am On Dec 22, 2014
I wanted to be a Banker just like my dad. Buh i found myself in sciences and i grew to love biology. I am now a Parasitologist. smiley smiley

1 Like

Re: Did You Followed Your Childhood Passion As It Relates to choosing a Career by woky: 8:56am On Dec 22, 2014
Wanted to be an Air force, but found myself in business

1 Like

Re: Did You Followed Your Childhood Passion As It Relates to choosing a Career by Nobody: 9:01am On Dec 22, 2014
dre11:

So, guys and ladies..
what kind of job did you had the passion for while growing up and where you able to live up to your dreams

i love making braids nd create fashion styles but my mum wanted me to be a doctor.i wasnt good in mathematics so i switched to arts class to study law.by d time jamb jam me three times i ended up studing english arts .i later got a job as a secretary along d line i went for an aviation ticketing programme and also business administration .
but i relly av passion for braids nd weaves.am stil hoping to learn sewing

1 Like

Re: Did You Followed Your Childhood Passion As It Relates to choosing a Career by dre11(m): 9:28am On Dec 22, 2014
ephee:

i love making braids nd create fashion styles but my mum wanted me to be a doctor.i wasnt good in mathematics so i switched to arts class to study law.by d time jamb jam me three times i ended up studing english arts .i later got a job as a secretary along d line i went for an aviation ticketing programme and also business administration .
but i relly av passion for braids nd weaves.am stil hoping to learn sewing

Quite a resume you have there.
And you still wanna learn sewing, braiding and weaving
Re: Did You Followed Your Childhood Passion As It Relates to choosing a Career by Nobody: 9:35am On Dec 22, 2014
dre11:

Quite a resume you have there.
And you still wanna learn sewing, braiding and weaving
dre11 i am very perfect wit braids nd weaves already.i want to only learn how to sew.
Re: Did You Followed Your Childhood Passion As It Relates to choosing a Career by dre11(m): 1:37pm On Dec 22, 2014
ephee:

dre11 i am very perfect wit braids nd weaves already.i want to only learn how to sew.

Okay,

Goodluck on your new found love then
Fashion designer should I say
Re: Did You Followed Your Childhood Passion As It Relates to choosing a Career by Babe2sure(f): 3:40pm On Dec 22, 2014
I had always wanted to be an accountant. And that is what I studied. I am so happy about that!

My father actually influenced my career choice. It was his secret wishes and one of his deepest desire to have me study accountancy. He likes the profession so much and he normally hold accountants in high esteem. When I was very young he was always giving me sermon on how lucrative the profession is.....blah blah blah. cheesy All these spark my lifelong interest in the profession.

I remember when I wanted to enter SS1. And I came home to tell him I was recommended to go to science class. Come and see the look on his face,grin he said,'you are not serious, go and change it to commercial class jor'. And I was like if not that I had already liked accountancy profession, is this how my papi is going to force me?

I would choose that career path over and over again!

(1) (Reply)

Mothers Please Come In And Answer This Question. / Nigerian Parents And Their Wrong Ideas On Cartoon Movies!!! / From The Heart Of A Great Mother To Her Beloved Daughter!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.