Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,182 members, 7,822,003 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:40 AM

Understand Your ''being Nice Limits - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Understand Your ''being Nice Limits (5216 Views)

After Viewing These, You Would Understand Your Woman Better. / Disadvantages Of Being Nice To Women.. / How Can You Tell The Difference Between Flirting And "just Being Nice?" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Understand Your ''being Nice Limits by Nobody: 6:55pm On Dec 22, 2014
I am nice to evryone,irrespective of who u are
And if u throw it back to my face or hurt me for been nice
Trust me I wuld still be nice to people
Its ur own big loss

1 Like

Re: Understand Your ''being Nice Limits by beylinko(m): 6:58pm On Dec 22, 2014
badoolee:
I am nice to evryone,irrespective of who u are
And if u throw it back to my face or hurt me for been nice
Trust me I wuld still be nice to people
Its ur own big loss
Correct !
Re: Understand Your ''being Nice Limits by iceberylin(m): 7:53pm On Dec 22, 2014
chimerase2:
lol u dn kworrpt grin
Have u forgotton amu de master? grin
Master of fwendZone undecided
Re: Understand Your ''being Nice Limits by chimerase2: 8:03pm On Dec 22, 2014
iceberylin:

Master of fwendZone undecided
sharap n learn angry
Re: Understand Your ''being Nice Limits by misshoree(f): 8:25pm On Dec 22, 2014
jworos:
lol,u corrected yourself by yourself..
I actually meant gurls

cheesy
Re: Understand Your ''being Nice Limits by Koko88(m): 11:42pm On Dec 27, 2014
I'm too nice... Friends call me father christmas and many of them take me for granted. They call only when they need something from me!
Re: Understand Your ''being Nice Limits by ihedinobi2: 10:39am On Jan 06, 2015
Nice one, OP. Pun intended grin

One thing a man should never be is permissive by default. That is not manly at all. And that is essentially what people call being nice. A man is a leader, thus he should be assertive.

However, assertive just because is what being a jerk is about. A jerk is assertive just because he can be. There's no thought in his head for what the cost of his assertiveness could be to the person he's dealing with.

Women will always be attracted to men who exude that confidence that makes men assertive. That feeling that someone knows what they're doing is what makes people want to follow them. The same dynamic works between women and men. A woman will typically follow a man who projects a sense of "having it together", a sense of indomitability.

Niceness does not have to mean permissive. It should simply mean "considerate about other people's well-being and of the effect of one's power on others". In fact, that is actually what it means. But in a world where selfishness APPEARS to be the rule, this automatically sounds like wimpiness, permissiveness to a lot of ears. It isn't.

For men, be nice, that is, be good. But don't sacrifice good principles that you hold and which define you merely to please people. Note that niceness is not a principle, it is an attitude, a behavior you show to others especially those who in one way or another are weaker than you.

For women, be nice too. But don't sacrifice good principles you hold merely to make some guy happy. If a man cares about you, it is because he loves your principles. Any other claim is not really worth listening to.

1 Like

Re: Understand Your ''being Nice Limits by ayocool(m): 11:35am On Jan 06, 2015
ihedinobi2:
Nice one, OP. Pun intended grin

One thing a man should never be is permissive by default. That is not manly at all. And that is essentially what people call being nice. A man is a leader, thus he should be assertive.

However, assertive just because is what being a jerk is about. A jerk is assertive just because he can be. There's no thought in his head for what the cost of his assertiveness could be to the person he's dealing with.

Women will always be attracted to men who exude that confidence that makes men assertive. That feeling that someone knows what they're doing is what makes people want to follow them. The same dynamic works between women and men. A woman will typically follow a man who projects a sense of "having it together", a sense of indomitability.

Niceness does not have to mean permissive. It should simply mean "considerate about other people's well-being and of the effect of one's power on others". In fact, that is actually what it means. But in a world where selfishness APPEARS to be the rule, this automatically sounds like wimpiness, permissiveness to a lot of ears. It isn't.

For men, be nice, that is, be good. But don't sacrifice good principles that you hold and which define you merely to please people. Note that niceness is not a principle, it is an attitude, a behavior you show to others especially those who in one way or another are weaker than you.

For women, be nice too. But don't sacrifice good principles you hold merely to make some guy happy. If a man cares about you, it is because he loves your principles. Any other claim is not really worth listening to.

I totally agree. And most times.. lack of confidence, fear and low self esteem will push people to the corner of being too nice. Meaning they would do anything to please others to avoid being talked about or to look perfect. They they get tagged. Quiet, easy going and people with soft voices fall more victims.

The moment you know or feel someone is trying to be selfish or taking advantage of any of your good deeds, Know that you have crossed the line of sacrificing your good principles.
Re: Understand Your ''being Nice Limits by ayocool(m): 11:39am On Jan 06, 2015
Koko88:
I'm too nice... Friends call me father christmas and many of them take me for granted. They call only when they need something from me!

Maybe you dont have real friends. But yet, if you are a natural giver and whatever you are giving comes from your mind and you dont regret your actions after, then you are not doing anything wrong.
Re: Understand Your ''being Nice Limits by toliamy: 12:16pm On Jan 06, 2015
@ op
been nice to people especially my family makes me happy and that's a priority to me,that's one of my prayer points. That is who i am, that exactly what God want me to be if not it would be the other way round. but i don't allow any one to me take for a fool i give as i pleased.

nice post though.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

That One Statement Your Lover Said That Melted Your Heart / Hilarious ! Side Chicks Vs Main Chick ( Photo ) / Picture: When Abokis Dab...see Dabbing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.