Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,494 members, 7,816,174 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:04 AM

How Can You Tell The Difference Between Flirting And "just Being Nice?" - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How Can You Tell The Difference Between Flirting And "just Being Nice?" (12873 Views)

Roommate Is Sleeping With Our Landlord, Should I Tell The Landlord’s Wife? / What Is The Difference Between Flirting And Seduction / Disadvantages Of Being Nice To Women.. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Can You Tell The Difference Between Flirting And "just Being Nice?" by Nobody: 6:37pm On May 20, 2011
Personally, I think flirting already makes up for being nice, and being nice is almost like flirting.
What's the difference to you?
Re: How Can You Tell The Difference Between Flirting And "just Being Nice?" by Pweety4me(f): 6:40pm On May 20, 2011
People don't always flirt the same way, some1's being nice might be interpreted as being rude were all different, there should be some sort of connection there initially so both parties will ave mutual understanding!
Re: How Can You Tell The Difference Between Flirting And "just Being Nice?" by MrsChima(f): 6:42pm On May 20, 2011
Flirting is relative and varies from person to person.  My definition or expectation of flirting may be totally different from yours.  

One person may say that flirting is harmless as long no one is hurt by it.  One person may say that it is not good to flirt under no circumstance because it can lead to the wrong things if you are not expecting anything out of it.  

Being nice and flirting with someone are two separate actions.  President Obama can feed a tribe of children without sex flirting with the mother.
Re: How Can You Tell The Difference Between Flirting And "just Being Nice?" by MMM2(m): 6:48pm On May 20, 2011
dat means am a
flirt
Re: How Can You Tell The Difference Between Flirting And "just Being Nice?" by Nobody: 7:37pm On May 20, 2011
there is a HUGE difference between flirting and being nice although many people couldnt tell.
- flirting is more like giving/showing you the green light that there could be something more than friendship between us, if you make the right move.

- being nice is simply making sure that you are comfortable (at ease) around that person, while NEVER crossing the important friendly line!

remember someone flirting will automatically be NICE but someone nice wouldnt automatically be FLIRTING!

1 Like

Re: How Can You Tell The Difference Between Flirting And "just Being Nice?" by BABE3: 7:37pm On May 20, 2011
It depends on what the "flirter"  thinks flirting and being nice is. It also depends on what the "flirtee" perceives flirting and being nice as. smiley
Re: How Can You Tell The Difference Between Flirting And "just Being Nice?" by africhika(f): 1:08am On May 21, 2011
ladies tell me that i'm a flirt, i disagree. i just like to laugh when a guy tells a good joke- and i'm a very friendly person cool
Re: How Can You Tell The Difference Between Flirting And "just Being Nice?" by Phate07(m): 2:00am On May 21, 2011
MRbrownJAY:

there is a HUGE difference between flirting and being nice although many people couldnt tell.
- flirting is more like giving/showing you the green light that there could be something more than friendship between us, if you make the right move.

- being nice is simply making sure that you are comfortable (at ease) around that person, while NEVER crossing the important friendly line!

remember someone flirting will automatically be NICE but someone nice wouldnt automatically be FLIRTING!

No, the line is quite THIN. And can be crossed easily.

Re: How Can You Tell The Difference Between Flirting And "just Being Nice?" by snthesis(m): 2:28am On May 21, 2011
If I dnt fuckkkk ΰ -im bein nice cool
Re: How Can You Tell The Difference Between Flirting And "just Being Nice?" by iice(f): 4:07am On May 21, 2011
Flirting has sexual undertones.
Nice is just being accommodating, thoughtful.

MRbrownJAY:

C'est vrai!
Re: How Can You Tell The Difference Between Flirting And "just Being Nice?" by Onchedu(m): 1:54pm On May 21, 2011
Flirting is suggestive. Being nice is being nice with no undertones.

Flirting seeks indulgence. Being nice at worst seeks appreciation.

Flirting craves excitement. U don't have to be excited about being nice.

Flirting is complusive, impulsive & excessive. It could also become obsessive. Being nice is none of this.
E.t.c
Re: How Can You Tell The Difference Between Flirting And "just Being Nice?" by omega25red(m): 2:00pm On May 21, 2011
the trick is never to assume that just because a person is being nice to you means they want you
Re: How Can You Tell The Difference Between Flirting And "just Being Nice?" by Onchedu(m): 2:03pm On May 21, 2011
Flirting is self seeking. U want to feel good about what effect U can see U are having on the other person while doing those things U are doing.

Lets not lie to ourselves, we all flirt sometime like animals do mating rituals; but even animals choose who they mate with & they have flirting/mating seasons.

For those who say, ''I'm not flirting. I'm only being nice/polite,'' when it's clear to others that they are flirting, you're in denial.

Addictions are of different forms. No be only alcohol dey high person.
Re: How Can You Tell The Difference Between Flirting And "just Being Nice?" by Nobody: 8:48pm On May 21, 2011
Phate07:

No, the line is quite THIN. And can be crossed easily.

yes, you are right IF looking at it from the flirting point of view BUT definitely wrong if talking about someone being nice.
Re: How Can You Tell The Difference Between Flirting And "just Being Nice?" by oyinbogirl(f): 1:10pm On May 22, 2011
the trick is never to assume that just because a person is being nice to you means they want you

couldnt agree more
Re: How Can You Tell The Difference Between Flirting And "just Being Nice?" by Dsense(m): 1:11pm On May 22, 2011
iice:

Flirting has sexual undertones.
Nice is just being accommodating, thoughtful.

C'est vrai!

Well said!
Re: How Can You Tell The Difference Between Flirting And "just Being Nice?" by MrsChima(f): 1:25pm On May 22, 2011
Some people actually becomes smitten when someone's flirting with them. undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: How Can You Tell The Difference Between Flirting And "just Being Nice?" by lucabrasi(m): 1:27pm On May 22, 2011
personally i dont settle down to figure it out or i might not even make any move,i follow my feelings and dive in with the mindset that fair play no worries if she doesnt feel the same way.
luckily for me i have always ended up on the good end
Re: How Can You Tell The Difference Between Flirting And "just Being Nice?" by Nobody: 3:11pm On Nov 22, 2011
omega25red:

U make sense die! grin grin grin grin grin
grin
Re: How Can You Tell The Difference Between Flirting And "just Being Nice?" by itstpia1: 4:52am On Oct 21, 2014
being "nice" is not necessarily better than flirting.

and imo, flirting is really too risky to engage in.

although some people do it sha, maybe they understand better or something.
Re: How Can You Tell The Difference Between Flirting And "just Being Nice?" by itstpia1: 4:56am On Oct 21, 2014
omega25red:

true i suppose.

could be pity, or any number of things.

either way, whether nice, flirting, pity, good deed for the day, or whatever, anything that involves emotions, should be handled with care if one or both parties are getting too deep.
Re: How Can You Tell The Difference Between Flirting And "just Being Nice?" by meek2stylee(m): 9:42am On Oct 21, 2014
i was here

(1) (Reply)

The Kind Of Boobs Called Oil Well (photo) / 7 Online Dating Mistakes You Need To Avoid / Should I Text My Ex And Tell Him I Miss Him – I Need Answers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.