Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,182 members, 7,821,992 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:09 AM

Some Childish Things Some Men Do - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Some Childish Things Some Men Do (33803 Views)

Why Do Some Men Like To Tempt Married Women? Why??? / Some Childish Things Most Women Do. / Some Childish Things Women Do (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Some Childish Things Some Men Do by caprini1: 9:50am On Jan 02, 2015
What will men even do,that is ok for you people? Hang themselves? Haba!

1 Like

Re: Some Childish Things Some Men Do by lizbum(f): 9:50am On Jan 02, 2015
Oahray:
well, for me, extreme is when a man raises his hand to strike his wife over any ish. Eating or not isn't a big deal. There ought to be more to a man than his stomach.

When two persons cannot settle their differences, it's usually because they are only concerned about their own opinions and emotions, and not that of the other person.

Getting worried about him not eating when there's a more important but unresolved issue, shows you care more about your ego (though you'd like him to believe it's his stomach you are concerned about) than about his mind. If you want to resolve an ish, be humble enough to do so. No use hiding behind the power of a meal.

Any woman that thinks food would cover any of her wrongs, never know me.
Fud dnt cover wrngs...atlst eat for d effort nd settle wateva quarrel it it u guys av. Tho I get ur point
Re: Some Childish Things Some Men Do by pato405(m): 9:53am On Jan 02, 2015
women pushing men to the edge and stirring provocation since the days of Eve. A woman who truly understands her husband should be duly aware of the things that could get him edgy and try as much as possible to avoid such things.

sometimes refusing to eat could be justified oo. ok imagine waiting till its about time for him to get back from work before strolling to the kitchen to cook. when asked why, the woman comes up with a barrage of excuses. I won't eat that food o, i will pick a quarrel and will eat out

1 Like

Re: Some Childish Things Some Men Do by Sharksblow(m): 9:55am On Jan 02, 2015
the fifth one isn't silly. Should he have allowed the visitors to know about their quarrels.

1 Like

Re: Some Childish Things Some Men Do by neighbourhud: 10:00am On Jan 02, 2015
babyfun:
Not having sex with their wives for months to punish her
Another person starts yanshing wife and they start calling family meetings.... tongue
No mind them! ...they forget if it is not 'greased' regularly, it will 'rust' wink
Re: Some Childish Things Some Men Do by chinnasa: 10:03am On Jan 02, 2015
Op, I guess most of the above happened in ur family but don't let such reflect in the one u will build.
Re: Some Childish Things Some Men Do by Nobody: 10:04am On Jan 02, 2015
Very classic examples. Very childish and f00lish. Age isnt all about maturity at all. Not eating my food is a punishment upon urself. Only u will waste money and food while i have done my part as wife by cooking. When ure tired of wasting them, nobody will tell u to eat next tym.
Re: Some Childish Things Some Men Do by Oahray: 10:05am On Jan 02, 2015
lizbum:

Fud dnt cover wrngs...atlst eat for d effort nd settle wateva quarrel it it u guys av. Tho I get ur point
how about we settle the quarrel first (or at least make a headway) before we eat? I like that one better tongue.

Even Jesus said to settle issues with others first before making a gift at the temple.
Re: Some Childish Things Some Men Do by sam4(m): 10:11am On Jan 02, 2015
gej crying in the Aso vila but he keep on telling us that everything is
under control. grin
Re: Some Childish Things Some Men Do by Malikberry(m): 10:11am On Jan 02, 2015
Waiting 4 a counter thread e.g childish things women do
Re: Some Childish Things Some Men Do by kabuski(m): 10:14am On Jan 02, 2015
Oahray:
On point except...
how can you have a quarrel (not just misunderstanding o, quarrel!) with someone and then settle down to eat her food? Quarrels are angry and heated disagreements.

No vex, I'd rather settle the matter first before eating. Hunger doesn't control me.
sure bro.....well said.the quarrel can even make a more evil woman poison the food.
Re: Some Childish Things Some Men Do by okotv(m): 10:16am On Jan 02, 2015
we were once kids jaree...

but I don't do any of the above
Re: Some Childish Things Some Men Do by Nobody: 10:24am On Jan 02, 2015
stinggy:

But I don't do it na embarassed embarassed tongue
Well, U welcome tongue grin
Re: Some Childish Things Some Men Do by deife(m): 10:47am On Jan 02, 2015
bushdoc9919:
Men are from Mars....

Women are from Jupiter. cheesy
Re: Some Childish Things Some Men Do by wizman11(m): 10:59am On Jan 02, 2015
why wont he act cool wen visitors ar around he shud display all his families problem on tv abi

1 Like

Re: Some Childish Things Some Men Do by delishpot: 11:06am On Jan 02, 2015
Oahray:
On point except...
how can you have a quarrel (not just misunderstanding o, quarrel!) with someone and then settle down to eat her food? Quarrels are angry and heated disagreements.

No vex, I'd rather settle the matter first before eating. Hunger doesn't control me.

I think what OP meant is rejecting the womans cooking just to teach her a lesson. Not because he just finished quarreling with her. As in days after the missunderstanding and even after the wife says sorry, the man still rejects her food just to show who is boss.
My dad never did this o. If he and mom quarell, him go ask her to feed am first so him go get energy reply her grin he will ask for the biggest meat even lol. Mom will be like na lie, no food until we solve this matter for ground. Na fasting bele we go use settle am. Any which way sha, my mon nor get time starve anybody. At 6pm, we don set the man's table, as him return from work, drop bag na to wash hand/ bathe and eat. Then family time. That was how we grew up.
Re: Some Childish Things Some Men Do by drehdinho(m): 11:08am On Jan 02, 2015
mayapop:
They are brainless too...

Ah ha a,eyi o wa poju...
Re: Some Childish Things Some Men Do by neoG(f): 11:16am On Jan 02, 2015
Oahray:
well, for me, extreme is when a man raises his hand to strike his wife over any ish. Eating or not isn't a big deal. There ought to be more to a man than his stomach.

When two persons cannot settle their differences, it's usually because they are only concerned about their own opinions and emotions, and not that of the other person.

Getting worried about him not eating when there's a more important but unresolved issue, shows you care more about your ego (though you'd like him to believe it's his stomach you are concerned about) than about his mind. If you want to resolve an ish, be humble enough to do so. No use hiding behind the power of a meal.

Any woman that thinks food would cover any of her wrongs, never know me.
u re right on point. Excellent
Re: Some Childish Things Some Men Do by Goodnuel: 11:26am On Jan 02, 2015
I don't think 1 and 2 are that chidish.
Re: Some Childish Things Some Men Do by Ifebazz(m): 11:33am On Jan 02, 2015
The last one is the most annoying .

Acting like a father Christmas outside but stingy to his family.

and also shouting at your child in public , what happened to getting home first and deal with the child the way you want to ? undecided
You'd understand this action soon enough when you become a parent. Just wait.
Re: Some Childish Things Some Men Do by Oahray: 11:36am On Jan 02, 2015
delishpot:

I think what OP meant is rejecting the womans cooking just to teach her a lesson. Not because he just finished quarreling with her. As in days after the missunderstanding and even after the wife says sorry, the man still rejects her food just to show who is boss.
My dad never did this o. If he and mom quarell, him go ask her to feed am first so him go get energy reply her grin he will ask for the biggest meat even lol. Mom will be like na lie, no food until we solve this matter for ground. Na fasting bele we go use settle am. Any which way sha, my mon nor get time starve anybody. At 6pm, we don set the man's table, as him return from work, drop bag na to wash hand/ bathe and eat. Then family time. That was how we grew up.
lol. Nice. I agree, a hungry man refusing to eat JUST TO TEACH A LESSON, is silly.

My own case different sha. I easily lose appetite when very upset, so no use expecting to makeup with food. It's not even a footpath to my heart, much less a road. We must settle the matter first tongue
Re: Some Childish Things Some Men Do by Etoshil18(m): 11:52am On Jan 02, 2015
lillyjane:
Being the "lion" of tribe of his house to his wife and kids that the kids will fall sick on hearing their dad's horn.
im touched
Re: Some Childish Things Some Men Do by delishpot: 11:56am On Jan 02, 2015
Oahray:
lol. Nice. I agree, a hungry man refusing to eat JUST TO TEACH A LESSON, is silly.

My own case different sha. I easily lose appetite when very upset, so no use expecting to makeup with food. It's not even a footpath to my heart, much less a road. We must settle the matter first tongue

I get you. Its all man with his own feeling. As long as when matter is settled, you eat the food. And not reject wifeys food for the next 1 month. Sone even demand for fowl grin. I guess, it also depends on how bad the quarel is too.
Re: Some Childish Things Some Men Do by Etoshil18(m): 11:56am On Jan 02, 2015
Ifebazz:

You'd understand this action soon enough when you become a parent. Just wait.
It z bera said than done
Re: Some Childish Things Some Men Do by OpraMenu(m): 1:06pm On Jan 02, 2015
YOU LADIES COMMENTING ARE NOT MARRIED, SO YOU HAVE NO CLUE TO WHAT HAPPENS IN MARRIAGE.

1 Like

Re: Some Childish Things Some Men Do by maskid(m): 1:28pm On Jan 02, 2015
mayapop:
They are brainless too...

I beg ur pardon?

Ganky putrescent skanger.....
Re: Some Childish Things Some Men Do by Jnrbayerno(m): 1:29pm On Jan 02, 2015
Terry68:
See how the ladies are rushing to reply the post.

When article on ladies was posted, many didn't come up quick, to comment as this O̶̲̥̅o̶̲̥̅o̶̲̥̅o̶̲̥̅o̶̲̥̅h

@op, not every as speculated.
the topic says some not all

1 Like

Re: Some Childish Things Some Men Do by Jnrbayerno(m): 1:36pm On Jan 02, 2015
chinnasa:
Op, I guess most of the above happened in ur family but don't let such reflect in the one u will build.
it mustn't happen in my family before I know...just saying it base on what I notice in many families

1 Like

Re: Some Childish Things Some Men Do by Jnrbayerno(m): 1:38pm On Jan 02, 2015
Inkredible:
Mtchewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nonsense angry angry angry angry

Idiatic post

Mtchew!!!
idiatic to you alome...must you even comment on the idiatic post

1 Like

Re: Some Childish Things Some Men Do by felicity111(f): 1:39pm On Jan 02, 2015
i dont see.anytin wrong in a man behaving as if evryting is cool in front of visitors. infact i think datz d best ting to do. u shud not tel d whole world dat u are avin probmz with ur wife even ur famiy shud not knw xcept wen it has gotten out of hand.
Re: Some Childish Things Some Men Do by opepwince: 2:10pm On Jan 02, 2015
!!!

Re: Some Childish Things Some Men Do by DocAdray(f): 2:16pm On Jan 02, 2015
True talk OP, you go school..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Nigerian Mum Flown To US, Finds Her Daughter Pregnant After 10 Years Of Marriage / Grandchildren Honour Their Grandmother Who Will Be 78 Years Next Month (pics) / My Friend's Wife Always Loves Calling Me

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.