Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,434 members, 7,819,572 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:20 PM

Whats Your View On The Perception That Marrying A Handsome Guy Is Dangerous? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Whats Your View On The Perception That Marrying A Handsome Guy Is Dangerous? (3146 Views)

My Ordeal With A Handsome Guy And His Horrible Looking Big Pant / The Daily Pains Of A Handsome Or Good Looking Guy. / The Disadvantages Of Marrying A Virgin. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Whats Your View On The Perception That Marrying A Handsome Guy Is Dangerous? by Godmother(f): 11:34am On Dec 22, 2014
So...my aunt came few days go and went on and on advising me not to marry a handsome guy. According to her, when your husband is handsome, lots of guys will try to snatch him from you. He will also not be caring , thinking he's all in all. She says handsmome guys are never faithful and so a handsome husband won't be.

All the while she talked I just kept on thinking:

1. Are there no faithful and caring handsome guys out there?

2. Don't ugly guys cheat too?

If I'm to follow her advice it then means I will automatically reject every handsome guy that comes my way, without getting to know if he has a wonderful personality inside.
Re: Whats Your View On The Perception That Marrying A Handsome Guy Is Dangerous? by Tallesty1(m): 11:38am On Dec 22, 2014
Marry your aunt.

*Walks out.*

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Whats Your View On The Perception That Marrying A Handsome Guy Is Dangerous? by opiscoal(m): 11:39am On Dec 22, 2014
My daddy also told me dat I shd stay clear frm beautiful ladies,... Cos dia bombom is always in constant motion,. Wu knws? I mite b d guy u. Looking 4...FTC
Re: Whats Your View On The Perception That Marrying A Handsome Guy Is Dangerous? by Godmother(f): 11:41am On Dec 22, 2014
Tallesty1:
Marry your aunt.

*Walks out.*

I'm sure you must be feeling cool with yourself right now. You just gave a "King Solomon" type reply.

1 Like

Re: Whats Your View On The Perception That Marrying A Handsome Guy Is Dangerous? by Nobody: 11:41am On Dec 22, 2014
Everyone one is different , there's no need judging everybody with one experience or the other moreover every guy has a tendency to cheat whether ugly or handsome.

2 Likes

Re: Whats Your View On The Perception That Marrying A Handsome Guy Is Dangerous? by Nobody: 11:45am On Dec 22, 2014
Sorry to say dear godmother,that is a silly advice.

If you meet a guy with a cool character and is handsome too,what stops you from marrying him. Forget the notion that says handsome guys are not faithful,i've met alot of handsome guys that can prove this advice wrong.

If a man wants to cheat,he'd cheat whether handsome o or ugly.
And besides consider your kids. We don't want them ugly looking,do we?

3 Likes

Re: Whats Your View On The Perception That Marrying A Handsome Guy Is Dangerous? by LaurelP(m): 11:46am On Dec 22, 2014
Una too dey gossip
Which kain talk be dat one

1 Like

Re: Whats Your View On The Perception That Marrying A Handsome Guy Is Dangerous? by ireneony(f): 11:47am On Dec 22, 2014
That is a big fat lie.
someone being handsome does not automatically mean he is bad.
remember don't judge someone by what you see but by the content of their character cool

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Whats Your View On The Perception That Marrying A Handsome Guy Is Dangerous? by Godmother(f): 11:48am On Dec 22, 2014
Jennimma:

If you meet a guy with a cool character and is handsome too,what stops you from marrying him. Forget the notion that says handsome guys are not faithful,i've met alot of handsome guys that can prove this advice wrong.

Hahaha at the bolded.
At topic, I'm also of the opinion that a man will cheat if he wants to, wether handsome or not.
If anything, I feel an ugly dude might want to cheat more just to proove he's got game.
All the while my aunt spoke I just kept mute, cos I'm not really the arguing type

1 Like

Re: Whats Your View On The Perception That Marrying A Handsome Guy Is Dangerous? by Tallesty1(m): 11:58am On Dec 22, 2014
Godmother:

I'm sure you must be feeling cool with yourself right now. You just gave a "King Solomon" type reply.
Cool? Nope, I am disappointed in you. A Godmother (if you know the meaning) is not supposed to create silly threads.

Sorry.

1 Like

Re: Whats Your View On The Perception That Marrying A Handsome Guy Is Dangerous? by Fizboy(m): 12:02pm On Dec 22, 2014
ireneony:
That is a big fat lie.
someone being handsome does not automatically his bad.
remember don't judge someone by what you see but by the content of their character cool
nice talk...
Re: Whats Your View On The Perception That Marrying A Handsome Guy Is Dangerous? by Janeify(f): 12:06pm On Dec 22, 2014
Tallesty1:
Marry your aunt.

*Walks out.*
chai! grin advice of life
Re: Whats Your View On The Perception That Marrying A Handsome Guy Is Dangerous? by Nobody: 12:09pm On Dec 22, 2014
So your Aunt wants you to run away from guys like me?? Tell her I said 'Dalu'.
Re: Whats Your View On The Perception That Marrying A Handsome Guy Is Dangerous? by Nobody: 12:10pm On Dec 22, 2014
Is she saying in effect that if she happens to give birth to handsome male children, she would send them all to the seminary since, by her advice, ladies should stay clear of them?

1 Like

Re: Whats Your View On The Perception That Marrying A Handsome Guy Is Dangerous? by RFella(m): 12:11pm On Dec 22, 2014
Never judge a book by its cover...am expecting a retaliatory thread anyway.... grin marry me anyway, I don't cheat......
Re: Whats Your View On The Perception That Marrying A Handsome Guy Is Dangerous? by beautycrush24(f): 12:17pm On Dec 22, 2014
No matter the advice i get, i cant get married to an ugly guy.
If dat means i'm in danger den i guess danger is good cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Whats Your View On The Perception That Marrying A Handsome Guy Is Dangerous? by coolestboy(m): 12:25pm On Dec 22, 2014
A Ghanaian proverb says "A man who marries a beautiful wife is like a farmer planting corn by d roadside".
Same thing applicable to ur case... I think u get d logic?
Re: Whats Your View On The Perception That Marrying A Handsome Guy Is Dangerous? by lilmax(m): 12:39pm On Dec 22, 2014
Not all, I'm handsome and faithful
Re: Whats Your View On The Perception That Marrying A Handsome Guy Is Dangerous? by Beennkumar(m): 1:05pm On Dec 22, 2014
Good luck in your search for an ugly guy.
Re: Whats Your View On The Perception That Marrying A Handsome Guy Is Dangerous? by iamord(m): 1:05pm On Dec 22, 2014
same goes to the perception that light skinned girls are mami water
Re: Whats Your View On The Perception That Marrying A Handsome Guy Is Dangerous? by iamord(m): 1:08pm On Dec 22, 2014
beautycrush24:
u go girl! Settle for nothing less.. The secret is in holding the spouse and relationship.. Not all handsome guys are players
Re: Whats Your View On The Perception That Marrying A Handsome Guy Is Dangerous? by LordReed(m): 1:23pm On Dec 22, 2014
One of those funny notions people develop after bad experiences, a true fallacy.

2 Likes

Re: Whats Your View On The Perception That Marrying A Handsome Guy Is Dangerous? by HFOG(f): 1:39pm On Dec 22, 2014
I've learnt not to judge people's character by their looks. They're two parallel lines that may never meet

1 Like

Re: Whats Your View On The Perception That Marrying A Handsome Guy Is Dangerous? by Fizboy(m): 2:56pm On Dec 22, 2014
beautycrush24:
can we see ur pics pls
Re: Whats Your View On The Perception That Marrying A Handsome Guy Is Dangerous? by Nobody: 2:59pm On Dec 22, 2014
Godmother...godmother....
How many times am I call you? cheesy

I have to agree with your aunt "vaguely" : a greater percentage of handsome men get an inappropriate number of advances from the opposite s*x, and you know the flesh is weak (I wanna believe her problem is with their flesh, the fact that they are human and can fall to temptation). It is believed that "ugly men" don't have much choice/luck in short-term relationships - so they go for long-term ones (marriage) and strive to give it their best shot.

It's never ideal for us/her to generalise....there are definitely exceptions.

Love comes in different forms (short,tall,handsome...etc), whichever form it comes in- let it be worth it.
*cheating is individual, it gat nothing to do with the face.

That's all

2 Likes

Re: Whats Your View On The Perception That Marrying A Handsome Guy Is Dangerous? by Nobody: 3:14pm On Dec 22, 2014
Godmother:
So...my aunt came few days go and went on and on advising me not to marry a handsome guy. According to her, when your husband is handsome, lots of guys will try to snatch him from you. He will also not be caring , thinking he's all in all. She says handsmome guys are never faithful and so a handsome husband won't be.

All the while she talked I just kept on thinking:

1. Are there no faithful and caring handsome guys out there?

2. Don't ugly guys cheat too?

If I'm to follow her advice it then means I will automatically reject every handsome guy that comes my way, without getting to know if he has a wonderful personality inside.
I agree with ur aunt.wowor guys na dem dey faithful pass and na dem get money pass coz a handsome guy go just dey spend all day 4 mirror dey do fine Boy.listen to ur aunt
Re: Whats Your View On The Perception That Marrying A Handsome Guy Is Dangerous? by Nobody: 3:17pm On Dec 22, 2014
Jennimma:

as long as she dey preety the children go fine.i don see very very ugly men with Beautiful wives wey get fine fine children.na only if the woman worwor na im the children go wowor.
Re: Whats Your View On The Perception That Marrying A Handsome Guy Is Dangerous? by Nobody: 3:19pm On Dec 22, 2014
beautycrush24:
what of if the ugly guy get fat Bank account? cheesy
Re: Whats Your View On The Perception That Marrying A Handsome Guy Is Dangerous? by Nobody: 3:32pm On Dec 22, 2014
Dnt be deceived. Even ugly guys can be unfaithful. There are ugly guys who are terrible womanizers. Judge men based on their personalities. If you meet a handsome guy wth entitlement issues or pride that loves to use his looks to intimidate you, make you compete with other girls, to make you feel he is doing you favour by dating you, then your fears are understandable. But if he doesnt do that, then you know he is different. Its easy for people to get carried away with their looks.
Re: Whats Your View On The Perception That Marrying A Handsome Guy Is Dangerous? by LewisO: 3:35pm On Dec 22, 2014
Are u now telling God indirectly is a crime to create "Handsome" men? sad

Excuse me...
Re: Whats Your View On The Perception That Marrying A Handsome Guy Is Dangerous? by beautycrush24(f): 4:04pm On Dec 22, 2014
Fizboy:
can we see ur pics pls
dont bother. But i can assure u my beauty is jaw dropping

1 Like

Re: Whats Your View On The Perception That Marrying A Handsome Guy Is Dangerous? by beautycrush24(f): 4:06pm On Dec 22, 2014
lefulefu:

what of if the ugly guy get fat Bank account? cheesy

my dear i cant stand ugly peeps o no matter how fat the account is. No offence to the ugly peeps out there abeg

(1) (2) (Reply)

The DOS And DONTS On A First Date... / How Much Should Bride Price Be? / 18+ My Encounter With Garri!!!.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.