Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,518 members, 7,830,530 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 02:19 AM

Confused!!! About To Do My Wedding In Two Months Time- Advice Please - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Confused!!! About To Do My Wedding In Two Months Time- Advice Please (765 Views)

Its Four Weeks To My Wedding But I Feel Like Running Away With My Ex. Pls Help / 5 Serious Suitors At A Time:advice. / We Are To Wed In Five Months Time,but Have No Stable Income (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Confused!!! About To Do My Wedding In Two Months Time- Advice Please by intercom: 12:18pm On Dec 22, 2014
Dear friends, Am about to do my wedding in two months time, I have a house where I am living in a satellite town, One bedroom flat. the problem with the area is that we ration light (NEPA), the road is not graded yet, it is a commercial environment where most people who work within FCT lives, another challenge with the area is that there is go-slow if you don't move out from your home before 7am you may be in the hold-up for some time. I told my wife to-be that this is where I am living, She asked is the place your house? which I didn't actual give her the right answer because I wanted to hear all that she has in her mind. She said ok, that she does not love the area, that the NEPA light is not constant, because of the nature of the road, that she will be going work late because she resumes 8am dot. 1 minute after 8am is query.

this place am staying is conducive for me, I also have a extra room for any visitor be it inlaw or friends during and after the wedding. and there is space for future plans.

What can I do here,
should I sale the house and we move to a satellite place close to the town?
should I rent out the apartment and use the money to get another apartment else where (the test and size, may not be up to the one I have)
Should I postpone the marriage till when money comes for us to move out and get another better apartment close to the town?
am confused please help me out.
Re: Confused!!! About To Do My Wedding In Two Months Time- Advice Please by beautycrush24(f): 12:24pm On Dec 22, 2014
If you had told her twas your house, she would have accepted it like that. But you went ahead to lie so you have to undo that. She'll have to readjust her wake up time or she'll try looking for another job that is close to the house.
You shouldnt sell or rent it out. Nothing gives more peace of mind than knowing u're free from landlord and neighbour wahala

3 Likes

Re: Confused!!! About To Do My Wedding In Two Months Time- Advice Please by derrick333(m): 12:26pm On Dec 22, 2014
9jà sha!! U wan Tel us say u get house? Ok oo , so u way get brain 2list does options u no fit choose d 1 way go suits u n ur prospective wife ?
Re: Confused!!! About To Do My Wedding In Two Months Time- Advice Please by Nobody: 12:31pm On Dec 22, 2014
First don't sell or rent out your house because there's this satisfaction that comes with living in your own house . Why don't you talk to her and try to know if she can actually adjust to the situation instead of trying to carry all the burden on your own , she can try to wake up early to beat the morning traffic and with time she'll get used to it and as for the light , things changes , it might just change tomorrow and if it doesn't there's generator nau at least there couldn't be power outage all the time .

1 Like

Re: Confused!!! About To Do My Wedding In Two Months Time- Advice Please by Enoquin(f): 12:31pm On Dec 22, 2014
Why didn't you tell her the house is yours? People make better decisions when they are fully informed of the prevailing circumstance(s).
If she knew the place was yours, her answer would have been different not because of ulterior motives but because she'd know how ridiculous it would be to trade an asset for a liability. But you keeping that information to yourself and expecting a perfect reply from her is ridiculous.
Re: Confused!!! About To Do My Wedding In Two Months Time- Advice Please by ammyluv2002(f): 12:32pm On Dec 22, 2014
Ain't there married women living in the said area? So why make a big deal out of it? Don't you think moving will make you spend more? Biko, let her know you are okay with the place . She needs to wake up early enough at least till the next rent then you guys leave, she shouldn't just condemn the place without trying. You messed up too @OP for not telling her the whole truth so you have to take part of the blame

On a second thought, she can rent a house of her choice with her money where there will be steady light and the roads are made in heaven undecided undecided
Re: Confused!!! About To Do My Wedding In Two Months Time- Advice Please by MizMyColi(f): 12:35pm On Dec 22, 2014
OP, evidently, you feel insecure about your achievement.
You're building a mountain out of a tiny speck of milk.
It's not easy to own a land in lagos, how much more, mould a block.

Three ingredients I recommend for a successful marriage relationship; Openness, Sincerity and Trust.

You flouted the first two, you should make amends already.

When you do, I believe she'd be willing to adjust.

If you do not have the money now.......if it was never in your plans to move out of the place, then please don't!
People live in far worse conditions and are able to fare well in city life's rats race.

Don't take an action that you'll regret later, follow your heart biko. If she's your woman, she'll stay and slug it out with you.
Re: Confused!!! About To Do My Wedding In Two Months Time- Advice Please by jmoore(m): 12:40pm On Dec 22, 2014
You are the architect of your confusion.
People react differently to different scenarios. I think her reaction would have been different if she heard the truth.

Say the truth and set yourself free.
Re: Confused!!! About To Do My Wedding In Two Months Time- Advice Please by Tallesty1(m): 12:42pm On Dec 22, 2014
Lying to your wife to be? How long do you think ts gonna hold b4 she finds out?

Tell her the truth, if she accepts then cool but if she doesn't then she should build her own house then come and marry you so that you will move into her choice of apprtment with her.
Re: Confused!!! About To Do My Wedding In Two Months Time- Advice Please by darepoju(m): 12:43pm On Dec 22, 2014
firstly.....
she's your soon to be wife, you will spend your whole lifes together... so I think its proper to really let her know u...u should have been straight and honest with her..
secondly..
u can't sell ur house because a woman doesn't like it or its location; no offence- but that's a little bit ill....she love u. she will learn to adapt its in human nature to adapt...

so u won't look stupid... u need to tell her that u just wanted to know her mind...but the house is urs..and will soon belong to d both of you...
she might be upset a bit. in fact she should be.. just say sorry and that's all...
good luck..
Re: Confused!!! About To Do My Wedding In Two Months Time- Advice Please by Nobody: 12:49pm On Dec 22, 2014
Sorry brah but I fail to understand the kinda marriage this lady wants to get herself into.

She is your fiancé but she doesn't know you have your own house? What other surprises do you have for her?

If I were that lady and I get to know about some very important details now, I would surely reconsider marrying you.
Re: Confused!!! About To Do My Wedding In Two Months Time- Advice Please by Nobody: 1:32pm On Dec 22, 2014
Tell her the truth. I doubt if she's gonna be happy staying there even after baring your mind, though. She doesn't like the place sad embarassed angry grin
Re: Confused!!! About To Do My Wedding In Two Months Time- Advice Please by intercom: 1:39pm On Dec 22, 2014
I refused to tell her when she asked because of the way she presented the question. But I will try and tell her. let me still know how she is going to react. thx all. I wont sell it, or rent it I will use it. thx all

(1) (Reply)

It’s Not You: Why Women Are So Attracted To The Men Who Hurt Them / The Nature Of Women / Ladies Discussion's ROOM

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.