Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,105 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:07 PM

Academic Documents Written By Goodluck Jonathan In 1985, At UniPort - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Academic Documents Written By Goodluck Jonathan In 1985, At UniPort (44529 Views)

How Dasuki Arrested Buhari In 1985 & Destroyed His 1st Marriage / Photo Of Buhari With Victorious Eaglets In 1985, About To Do Same In 2015 / 'Imagine' By 'Goodluck Jonathan' - Funny Music Video (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Academic Documents Written By Goodluck Jonathan In 1985, At UniPort by Kenai: 10:49am On Dec 23, 2014
People, I found another one:

http://europepmc.org/abstract/CBA/623600

"Diet of African Killifish Aphyosemion Gardneri 'Aplocheilidae' In a Nigerian Rainforest Pond"
by Akpan B.E., King R.P., Jonathan G.E.

Abstract: The diet of Aphyosemion gardneri was studied in Mfangmfang pond in Uyo, Nigeria from January to December. The major food components - in decreasing order of dominance - were terrestrial invertebrates, macrophytes, aquatic invertebrates, microcrustaceans, sand grains and algae...

I think this one was made in 2006.
You can download the PDF from that page, too.

4 Likes

Re: Academic Documents Written By Goodluck Jonathan In 1985, At UniPort by vivalavida(m): 10:50am On Dec 23, 2014
AbuMaryam1:
^^^ my guy this trash you upload to depend your pay master shall not work out here. The Otueke drunkard rent is over and the landlord is no more interested,2015 February he must pack and go period.

You seriously need to work on your spoken and written english. When someone gbagauns for two consecutive days,it is no more a typo issue.
Yesterday you wrote speak as *speeks*
Today you spelt defend as *depend*

Are you writing english with your hausa tongue pronounciation?

And please there is no word like drunkard in the dictionary. Just stick to your arabic schooling. And if you insist you must write in english,then check yourself into one of the various almajiri schools the president have built for you northern goats.

15 Likes

Re: Academic Documents Written By Goodluck Jonathan In 1985, At UniPort by darlingtonNYIG(m): 10:58am On Dec 23, 2014
wirinet:

It is encouraging that you took up the challenge to show us any of GEJ's thesis or publication, the problem is that the said paper is neither a thesis or a publication. It was appropriately labeled Conference or workshop item. It was a joint paper presented at a workshop. It would be very difficult to determine jonathan's contributions.

Meanwhile please help clarify these discrepancies in Jonathan's academic records;

He obtained his M.sc at the University of Port Harcourt in 1985 and he was a Lecturer at the Dept. Of Biology, Rivers State College of Education, Port Harcourt from 1983 – 1993. How did that work? he was lecturing at one university while studying to obtain an M.sc in another university.
my classmates Ozioma Inyama, clovis, leo onyemuche are all lecturers at UNN and they are yet to obtain their masters. Thus, it means they are so good at what they studied that made the university employ them without masters.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Academic Documents Written By Goodluck Jonathan In 1985, At UniPort by wirinet(m): 11:05am On Dec 23, 2014
gentleoyink:

Hello wiring, please note the College of Education and not University. In College of Education and other ND awarding institutions, a first degree holder can be employed as an Assistant Lecturer [1]. Maybe your question should be why is he a Lecturer with B.Sc qualification.

Also, it is very possible for him to have started studying for his Masters before or after he started working in the CoE. You must have seen workers studying for Masters in various universities across Nigeria. Abi na only GEJ own must different?

For example

[1] http://career.com.ng/academic-staff-recruitment-at-federal-college-of-education-gusau/

Apologies for my blunder, i erroneously assumed the college of Education is a university, so i then thought he should obtain his M.Sc from the university he is lecturing. I graduated from a Nigerian university, so i know how these things works. Lots of students studying for masters are employed in various fields.

You are the only person that understood i mistakingly assumed the college of education was a university.

About the conference paper. A conference paper is not tantamount to a publication. A conference paper has to be published before it becomes a publication. If this Jonathan's conference was published, kindly point to where it was published.
Re: Academic Documents Written By Goodluck Jonathan In 1985, At UniPort by Willzkid(m): 11:10am On Dec 23, 2014
Your attempt at critical reasoning reveals just one thing- Hatred
Even at the University level, you can be a Lecturer (Graduate Assistant or Assistant Lecturer) in one university while pursuing your MSc or PhD in another let alone a College of Education...
wirinet:

It is encouraging that you took up the challenge to show us any of GEJ's thesis or publication, the problem is that the said paper is neither a thesis or a publication. It was appropriately labeled Conference or workshop item. It was a joint paper presented at a workshop. It would be very difficult to determine jonathan's contributions.

Meanwhile please help clarify these discrepancies in Jonathan's academic records;

He obtained his M.sc at the University of Port Harcourt in 1985 and he was a Lecturer at the Dept. Of Biology, Rivers State College of Education, Port Harcourt from 1983 – 1993. How did that work? he was lecturing at one university while studying to obtain an M.sc in another university.

8 Likes

Re: Academic Documents Written By Goodluck Jonathan In 1985, At UniPort by Nobody: 11:10am On Dec 23, 2014
MudRaker:

You mean short service officers?

All serving army chiefs have publications. Marwa did his doctorate in Harvad and has a publication in their library.

How many Nigerian Universities have online libraries and if they did have they fully digitalized their library?

If you want GEJ's doctorate paper then go to the university that issued him a doctorate and search their library for a copy.

It is that simple!

So because of that, you had to confuse a university grad with an academic and insist that we provide the publication of a retd general just because people asked for the publications of an academic. You guys sha...

Maybe we ought to ask for GEJ's military pictures. If you can ask for GMB's publications, then we can also ask for GEJ's military pictures.

2 Likes

Re: Academic Documents Written By Goodluck Jonathan In 1985, At UniPort by LouisVanGaal(m): 11:11am On Dec 23, 2014
Kenai:

Yes, I know. But I still think it counts (to an extent) as one of his academic works.
Seeing it was made at UniPort in 1985, I'm hoping someone else carries on from here in unraveling the rest, if you know what I mean.
Oga, nobody would carry anything for you; who send uuugringrin
Re: Academic Documents Written By Goodluck Jonathan In 1985, At UniPort by Kenai: 11:12am On Dec 23, 2014
LouisVanGaal:
Oga, nobody would carry anything for you; who send uuugringrin

Another SS2 drop-out...

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Academic Documents Written By Goodluck Jonathan In 1985, At UniPort by Comsol: 11:13am On Dec 23, 2014
omenka:
Oga, a conference paper isn't a "publication", it is what it is, a conference paper. One may chose to "publish" a conference paper thereby making it a publication or present a publication at a conference making it a conference paper as well. But as long as a paper is yet to "published" in perhaps a journal, newspaper, magazine, publisher, etc, it is not a publication!

There are some conferences with dedicated journals that publish some author's presentations but let us not speculate here, we don't know for sure if this was "published".

On the second part, yes, one can be running a PG program and at the same time working as a lecturer. He probably was a graduate assistant going by the cv.

Ps: I think there was a time we dealt exhaustively with this issue. A poster was. Able to avail us with three publications in which Jonathan was a co-author. Two of them were published while he was in Bayelsa government house and the other I'm not sure but I think not as a lecturer. He wasn't a corresponding author in any of them though and that brings to question the manner of contribution he made to the papers. I hear someone say "financial". smiley

I don't think your views are different from mine. I was only trying to enlightened the poster that a conference paper can be a publication most especially when the conference organizers have affiliation with top professional bodies that publish journals.

1 Like

Re: Academic Documents Written By Goodluck Jonathan In 1985, At UniPort by LouisVanGaal(m): 11:16am On Dec 23, 2014
Willzkid:
Your attempt at critical reasoning reveals just one thing- Hatred
Even at the University level, you can be a Lecturer (Graduate Assistant or Assistant Lecturer) in one university while pursuing your MSc or PhD in another let alone a College of Education...Yours sincerely is a testimony to that, and I am employed in a first generation Federal University.
Oga, NUC requirement states that for a graduate to lecture, he/she must possess at least a Masters degree...A graduate asst lecturing is blocking class for the main lecturer...I.e helping hand and its not OFFICIAL
Re: Academic Documents Written By Goodluck Jonathan In 1985, At UniPort by LouisVanGaal(m): 11:18am On Dec 23, 2014
Kenai:

Another SS2 drop-out...
u wished undecidedundecided
Re: Academic Documents Written By Goodluck Jonathan In 1985, At UniPort by Kenai: 11:20am On Dec 23, 2014
LouisVanGaal:
u wished undecidedundecided

Okay, Pre-Degree. grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Academic Documents Written By Goodluck Jonathan In 1985, At UniPort by Chigold101(m): 11:41am On Dec 23, 2014
wirinet:

what is wrong with that? U can run ur ost graduate programme as a part time.

1 Like

Re: Academic Documents Written By Goodluck Jonathan In 1985, At UniPort by LouisVanGaal(m): 11:48am On Dec 23, 2014
Kenai:

Okay, Pre-Degree. grin
u no well...na u get ur mouth sha..I leave u 2ur guessestongue
Re: Academic Documents Written By Goodluck Jonathan In 1985, At UniPort by EldaTimba(m): 11:50am On Dec 23, 2014
ISpiksDaTroof:
Prove me wrong or shut up. Your unnecessary insults just showed you to be no better than a crazed, rabid, jungle Gorilla.
And see the man accusing me of insults. How daft can you be asking if the G.E jonathan is GEJ. Your daftness, I'm sorry might be beyond redemption

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Academic Documents Written By Goodluck Jonathan In 1985, At UniPort by Kenai: 11:52am On Dec 23, 2014
LouisVanGaal:
u no well...na u get ur mouth sha..I leave u 2ur guessestongue

Okay, abeg give me one last chance... Common Entrance? grin

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Academic Documents Written By Goodluck Jonathan In 1985, At UniPort by Chigold101(m): 11:56am On Dec 23, 2014
FindOut:

Actually, this is not strange in Nigeria. Like a poster mentioned above, he could have been doing it Part Time. However, Ph.D. or not, it is obvious GEJ just does not have what it takes to be a LEADER. Pure and simple. To make things worse, he is a very poor MANAGER as well. He is not fit to govern a state (as records show) let alone preside over a country. The man just doesn't have it.
okay i believe u. Tell us who the person who can and you got to know. I mean what the person has done to prove this.
Re: Academic Documents Written By Goodluck Jonathan In 1985, At UniPort by Willzkid(m): 12:00pm On Dec 23, 2014
LouisVanGaal:
Oga, NUC requirement states that for a graduate to lecture, he/she must possess at least a Masters degree...A graduate asst lecturing is blocking class for the main lecturer...I.e helping hand and its not OFFICIAL
A lecturer is a Job title for Academic staff in Nigerian universities not necessarily a rank. A graduate assistant is a lecturer whose academic duties are limited to research, community service and tutorials, so this does not violate NUC requirement
Same way in America, the University teaching staff are called Professors as a job designation, but the same title is also exclusive to the highest ranking university teaching staff
Re: Academic Documents Written By Goodluck Jonathan In 1985, At UniPort by agabaI23(m): 12:23pm On Dec 23, 2014
wirinet:

O boy! Did you just type the highlighted after seeing the list of authors?
Let me help you a bit.

1. He was the first author and that means he made the largest contribution. In Nigeria, most supervisors struggle for the first author position even when the work was carried out entirely by the student.
2. The acceptability of the work is higher with more than one author.
3. A conference paper is an abstract of a major work which most often is a part of a students thesis.
4. You may not see his thesis because thesis are not always published online however you can get his published journal article if you have subscription to the journal database and you know where to search. I am not sure you know.
4. If you want his thesis, go to UNIPORT Library.
5. If you do not see his pub online, ask him for the journals he published in. You can request for a reprint
6. Thank me wink

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Academic Documents Written By Goodluck Jonathan In 1985, At UniPort by azpekuliar: 1:56pm On Dec 23, 2014
omenka:
Where are the armies Jonathan commanded at a war front??

Have a nice day.

The Valentine's day massacre for Buhari and his followers is inevitable. We shall all toast to the victory of Dr. Goodluck Ebele Jonathan come February 2015.

4 Likes

Re: Academic Documents Written By Goodluck Jonathan In 1985, At UniPort by ISpiksDaTroof: 8:57am On Dec 24, 2014
EldaTimba:
And see the man accusing me of insults. How daft can you be asking if the G.E jonathan is GEJ. Your daftness, I'm sorry might be beyond redemption

G.E Jonathan could be "Godfrey Erkel Jonathan". It could also very well be "Guillermo Enrique Jonathan"....

Ive got my doubts because that man---Goodluck Jonathan--- whom I've heard speak at least 20 times, does not strike me as one with a PhD. You can get mad all you want, Gorilla.
Re: Academic Documents Written By Goodluck Jonathan In 1985, At UniPort by searay(m): 10:09am On Dec 24, 2014
wirinet:

have you heard of then word STUDY-LEAVE?

1 Like

Re: Academic Documents Written By Goodluck Jonathan In 1985, At UniPort by shiftmarket(m): 12:50pm On Dec 24, 2014
smartcount003:

My friend you are very wrong! In the academia, a main researcher would always want to include the name of his supervisor(s) or an associate in his publication with the aim of giving them a form of recognition and/or appreciation for their efforts of any kind. Alternate names are also included to give the publication a form of credibility, most especially if they are people who have created a niche for themselves in that particular field. The two publications I produced during my MSc research, I included the names of my two supervisors to show appreciation and to recognise them.

But your personal experience actually proves my point. You included the names of your two supervisors, but you were the person who really wrote the write up and the least (in terms of qualification or what ever) among them. This proves that it is not your supervisors that actually wrote it and included your name but the other way round. so please explain how I am very wrong.
Re: Academic Documents Written By Goodluck Jonathan In 1985, At UniPort by nigerianvenom(m): 1:53pm On Dec 24, 2014
Op,u are a great nigerian.
U did a nice work

5 Likes

Re: Academic Documents Written By Goodluck Jonathan In 1985, At UniPort by nigerianvenom(m): 2:05pm On Dec 24, 2014
EldaTimba:
I never knew you were this daft

Elder,when i told u how daft he was,u doubted but now he has proven to u the daftness in him

4 Likes

Re: Academic Documents Written By Goodluck Jonathan In 1985, At UniPort by anonimi: 2:11pm On Dec 24, 2014
wirinet:

Is the College of Education the same as a university
The man who would later be our president took it upon himself to further his scientific studies yet detractors continue to confuse themselves shocked

Whether una like am or not the confusion wey the Association of Pretending Crooks, APC don take dem broom do una must clear from una eyes!

Insha Allah
God Willing
L'ase Olodumare
Re: Academic Documents Written By Goodluck Jonathan In 1985, At UniPort by Kenai: 2:13pm On Dec 24, 2014
nigerianvenom:
Op,u are a great nigerian.
U did a nice work

Thank you.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Academic Documents Written By Goodluck Jonathan In 1985, At UniPort by integralng: 9:47am On Dec 27, 2014
Kenai:
This thread was inspired by this post, from Dr. Hassan, requesting to see Goodluck Jonathan's thesis and publications.

While I am no spokesman for the president or any of these political players for that matter, I remember I did once come across one of his academic publications...

I found it at the AquaticCommons, and it was originally published on 29th November, 1985.

The publication is titled:
"Identification of West African Estuarine Shrimp and Crab Larvae"
by Jonathan, G.E. and Powell, C.B. and Hart, A.I. (1985).

Abstract: The paper deals with the decapod crustacean larvae likely to be found in fresh and brackish waters in tropical west Africa. It summarizes results from an ongoing program of describing larvae hatched directly from adults of known species, to provide the identification keys necessary for applied research on nursery grounds, plankton ecology and pollution effects. A preliminary key to stage - 1 larvae is given for approximately 40 species...

Item Type: Conference or Workshop Item.

Page Range: pp 197 - 206

The PDF is also downloadable here

That's the much I could find for now, but I'm sure we'd find more if we actually looked. undecided
. @ Op:You are a cheap and mischievous liar.That publication you have quoted was not authored by Jonathan.You knew this that was why you did not give the full names of the contributors of the paper.The G.E Jonathan stated in the paper is Graves E Jonathan of the department of Plant/Animal, University of Georgia and not Goodluck Ebele Jonathan as you have echoed.This action of yours is an evidence that your principal jonaTAN does not have any scholarly papers hence your resort to falsehood.I gave up on jonaTAN a long time ago when I conducted a research on his being a doctoral degree holder and found out that he spent about 10years to round-off a programme that would have taken a brilliant student in Nigeria just 3years.And he didn't gain this title until he had become a Director in OMPADEC when he could bribe his away out.I read a report about his doctoral thesis when his supervisor turned down his papers severally because they were not scholarly and lack depth.I can't imagine that a 'scholar' that attended the Uniport for his BSc,MSc and PhD and his Alma Mater could not find him worthy of a teaching appointment.This speaks more of the low quality Jonathan is.
Re: Academic Documents Written By Goodluck Jonathan In 1985, At UniPort by Francis5: 10:11am On Dec 27, 2014
integralng:
. @ Op:You are a cheap and mischievous liar.That publication you have quoted was not authored by Jonathan.You knew this that was why you did not give the full names of the contributors of the paper.The G.E Jonathan stated in the paper is Graves E Jonathan of the department of Plant/Animal, University of Georgia and not Goodluck Ebele Jonathan as you have echoed.This action of yours is an evidence that your principal jonaTAN does not have any scholarly papers hence your resort to falsehood.I gave up on jonaTAN a long time ago when I conducted a research on his being a doctoral degree holder and found out that he spent about 10years to round-off a programme that would have taken a brilliant student in Nigeria just 3years.And he didn't gain this title until he had become a Director in OMPADEC when he could bribe his away out.I read a report about his doctoral thesis when his supervisor turned down his papers severally because they were not scholarly and lack depth.I can't imagine that a 'scholar' that attended the Uniport for his BSc,MSc and PhD and his Alma Mater could not find him worthy of a teaching appointment.This speaks more of the low quality Jonathan is.

You are such a cheap fooool
http://aquaticcommons.org/3411/1/PAGINA197.pdf

3 Likes

Re: Academic Documents Written By Goodluck Jonathan In 1985, At UniPort by Kenai: 10:40am On Dec 27, 2014
integralng:

You're a complete bastard and a DUNCE of epic proportions!
Your father is the liar.

"Graves E Jonathan from University of Georgia"? If you had even HALF a brain, you would have clicked on that link to see the research was conducted and made in affiliation with the UNIVERSITY OF PORT HARCOURT.

Click on that link, you lazy dunce!

Secondly, if you had EVER seen a research paper in your miserable, pathetic life, you would've known the standard format to be Surname first, and other names written as acronym, you thick-skulled moooron!
My post was copied in VERBATIM from that AquaticCommons website, and that was how the names were written there.

"Jonathan G.E." stands for "JONATHAN GOODLUCK EBELEMI" you knucklehead!

But why does it not surprise me that you don't know what a research paper is? You probably haven't graduated from any university to know so, and your post gives you away as a bloody school drop-out.
Your father and worthless family are the "cheap" ones.

Educate yourself, iiddiot!

You're part of the multitude of iidiiots who plague this forum screaming "Change" but can NEVER argue intelligently! You just start off by insulting people instead of laying out your points.

Dumbass.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Academic Documents Written By Goodluck Jonathan In 1985, At UniPort by Kenai: 10:47am On Dec 27, 2014
Francis5:

You are such a cheap fooool
http://aquaticcommons.org/3411/1/PAGINA197.pdf

Don't mind the imbbecile.
He just starts off by throwing insults without even getting his facts right, arguing like a f0cking almajiri.

It's iiddiots with his type of mindset who engage in pogroms when their master loses an election.

The pr!!ck even started with his cheap lie that Jonathan G.E. was from the Animal Science department of the University of Georgia, while the PDF document CLEARLY shows Jonathan G.E. is from the BIOLOGY DEPARTMENT OF UNIVERSITY OF PORT HARCOURT.
What an assshole!

Why do these Buhari supporters thrive on bare-faced lies and deceit?
The truth is staring you right in the face and you still resort to cheap lies.
First they claimed Buhari's daughter is married to an Igbo man, and now this? Such a shame!

1 Like

Re: Academic Documents Written By Goodluck Jonathan In 1985, At UniPort by Francis5: 10:52am On Dec 27, 2014
This one was peer reviewed and published in a Chinese journal; and he was the principal (last) author, even as a Gov or Dep Gov in Bayelsa. How many Nigerian politicians engage in academic activities?
http://www.currentzoology.org/temp/%7B1D85F525-23F0-410C-B5F7-6D5C2EF31B44%7D.pdf

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Two Nigeria Police Fighting (Video & Pictures ) / The First Thing President Buhari Does Every Morning / Uche Ogah Campaigned For PDP At APC Rally By Mistake

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.