Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,681 members, 7,827,513 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 12:58 PM

Academic Documents Written By Goodluck Jonathan In 1985, At UniPort - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Academic Documents Written By Goodluck Jonathan In 1985, At UniPort (44537 Views)

How Dasuki Arrested Buhari In 1985 & Destroyed His 1st Marriage / Photo Of Buhari With Victorious Eaglets In 1985, About To Do Same In 2015 / 'Imagine' By 'Goodluck Jonathan' - Funny Music Video (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Academic Documents Written By Goodluck Jonathan In 1985, At UniPort by Chaleeee: 1:53pm On Dec 27, 2014
wirinet:

It is encouraging that you took up the challenge to show us any of GEJ's thesis or publication, the problem is that the said paper is neither a thesis or a publication. It was appropriately labeled Conference or workshop item. It was a joint paper presented at a workshop. It would be very difficult to determine jonathan's contributions.

Meanwhile please help clarify these discrepancies in Jonathan's academic records;

He obtained his M.sc at the University of Port Harcourt in 1985 and he was a Lecturer at the Dept. Of Biology, Rivers State College of Education, Port Harcourt from 1983 – 1993. How did that work? he was lecturing at one university while studying to obtain an M.sc in another university.

Have you ever heard of study-leave in the academic sphere? Lecturers who are employed in Nigerian universities can obtain higher degrees in other universities or even abroad and tender it at the end of the program. That's not out of place. Even when the program is running, your salaries are still being paid. How is this strange to you?

1 Like

Re: Academic Documents Written By Goodluck Jonathan In 1985, At UniPort by Mortiano(m): 1:54pm On Dec 27, 2014
wirinet:

It is encouraging that you took up the challenge to show us any of GEJ's thesis or publication, the problem is that the said paper is neither a thesis or a publication. It was appropriately labeled Conference or workshop item. It was a joint paper presented at a workshop. It would be very difficult to determine jonathan's contributions.

Meanwhile please help clarify these discrepancies in Jonathan's academic records;

He obtained his M.sc at the University of Port Harcourt in 1985 and he was a Lecturer at the Dept. Of Biology, Rivers State College of Education, Port Harcourt from 1983 – 1993. How did that work? he was lecturing at one university while studying to obtain an M.sc in another university.
my guy is very possible, I know someone that did just that
Re: Academic Documents Written By Goodluck Jonathan In 1985, At UniPort by Opiosko: 1:54pm On Dec 27, 2014
OrlandoOwoh:

ShakaZullu is the same person as Bloodykiller aka Bloodyassassin aka Opiaoku aka Opiosko aka DevilHimself aka Nebucadnazar. I identify him by his silly comments.
Pls dnt drag me into ur unproductive squabbles. Thank u
Re: Academic Documents Written By Goodluck Jonathan In 1985, At UniPort by Nobody: 1:57pm On Dec 27, 2014
Ok. How does that make him the man for the Job? after he has failed us for 6yrs. We have had 2 air crash during gej regime and nothing came out of the probing and investigations. You are glorying Nonsense! Wake up!

stagger:

You should tell us. Go and find out what the entry requirements for lecturers in Colleges of Education were as at 1983.

Up until a few years ago, you could become a university lecturer with a Masters Degree, while studying to obtain a PhD. I even know some Professors with a PhD now, who got into the university lecturing system with a Masters Degree.

If you are not clear on something, do some personal research first.
Re: Academic Documents Written By Goodluck Jonathan In 1985, At UniPort by adonismuller(m): 1:57pm On Dec 27, 2014
AbuMaryam1:
^^^ my guy this trash you upload to depend your pay master shall not work out here. The Otueke drunkard rent is over and the landlord is no more interested,2015 February he must pack and go period.
from your name,deep inside you,you know you are supporting BUHARI sentimentally, if APC presidential candidate was from igbo,I bet you won't support him!

This is Nigeria's major problem! Sentiment

2 Likes

Re: Academic Documents Written By Goodluck Jonathan In 1985, At UniPort by natureblack(m): 1:58pm On Dec 27, 2014
AbuMaryam1:

See frustration, you didn't hear anything. 7 weeks to go.
uhhhggg,please get lost.....

You lack academic adroitness for an equitable discourse angry angry angry ......go look for another section that accommodates your mindset,not here though. wink

2 Likes

Re: Academic Documents Written By Goodluck Jonathan In 1985, At UniPort by 1stola: 2:06pm On Dec 27, 2014
ShakaZullu:

Ok but am better off than someone who's mother got forked by a rabid dog

Mr man that dog in your street better check his DNA because it might be your missing father grin

Son of a nasty harlot and a product of dog's sperm

Go and fork your harlot mother to death

Because
Buhari is a terrorist
Apc is BOKOHARAM
Tinubu is a bastard
Osinbajo is a vagabond
Gej till 2019
Buhari will go to jail by Gej

grin
Some earlier said you reason from your anus.
I'm not here to argue with you. I'm only telling you the bitter truth.
Go ask your wh0re mother who your real father is first before typing another nonsense.
I know you very well. You are one of GEJ 's o paid media tout but, una plan no go work. Only you have five accounts on Nairaland. You just wasting your time because February is close by.
You better continue agitating for your hopeless Biafra.
Re: Academic Documents Written By Goodluck Jonathan In 1985, At UniPort by ShakaZullu(m): 2:14pm On Dec 27, 2014
1stola:

Some earlier said you reason from your anus.
I'm not here to argue with you. I'm only telling you the bitter truth.
Go ask your wh0re mother who your real father is first before typing another nonsense.
I know you very well. You are one of GEJ 's o paid media tout but, una plan no go work. Only you have five accounts on Nairaland. You just wasting your time because February is close by.
You better continue agitating for your hopeless Biafra.

No naaa you are the one to check your DNA because you are a product of dog's sperm but you have the right to know which of those mad dogs in your street that forked your mother to stupor.

Boy go and find which of the dogs or are you telling me that your mother was gang. Bangedd by dogs grin

Btw

Buhari will go to jail by Gej
Because
Buhari is a terrorist
Apc is BOKOHARAM
Tinubu is a bastard
Osinbajo is a vagabond
Gej till 2019

1 Like

Re: Academic Documents Written By Goodluck Jonathan In 1985, At UniPort by Kenai: 2:15pm On Dec 27, 2014
If there's anything I can deduce from the two academic documents by President Jonathan I posted on this thread, it's that he takes a special interest in Marine Biology (Zoology).
Intriguing.
Re: Academic Documents Written By Goodluck Jonathan In 1985, At UniPort by Nobody: 2:23pm On Dec 27, 2014
wirinet:

It's very possible. I know of a guy who was in his 3rdyear and was offering tutorials to students while I was in my 1st and 2nd year. Today, the guy is a full lecturer after being re-called by the University because of his outstanding qualifications.

1 Like

Re: Academic Documents Written By Goodluck Jonathan In 1985, At UniPort by darmochy1(m): 2:26pm On Dec 27, 2014
wirinet:

I don't see any impossibility there. It is possible for one to be lecturing in a school and pursuing MSc in a different school. For example, I have a colleague working as a graduate assistant in a university in Ekiti state and right now, we're both rounding up our MSc programme in LAUTECH (a university in Oyo state). He's doing both at the same time.
Re: Academic Documents Written By Goodluck Jonathan In 1985, At UniPort by Usman212s: 2:29pm On Dec 27, 2014
ShakaZullu:

I hate questions from fools

This will answer your questions

http://pointblanknews.com/pbn/exclusive/stop-killing-boko-haram-members-buhari-tells-fg/

Meanwhile

Buhari is a terrorist
Apc is BOKOHARAM
Tinubu is a bastard
Osinbajo is a vagabond
Gej till 2019
it is better to keep your mouth closed and
let people think you are a fool than to
open it and remove all doubt.
Re: Academic Documents Written By Goodluck Jonathan In 1985, At UniPort by ShakaZullu(m): 2:36pm On Dec 27, 2014
Usman212s:
it is better to keep your mouth closed and
let people think you are a fool than to
open it and remove all doubt.

I'll keep saying it

Buhari is a terrorist
Apc is BOKOHARAM
Tinubu is a bastard
Osinbajo is a vagabond
Gej till 2019

The facts are starring at you.

Btw

Your father is a foolish bastard
Re: Academic Documents Written By Goodluck Jonathan In 1985, At UniPort by Orikinla(m): 2:39pm On Dec 27, 2014
Kenai:

This thread is meant for mature comments from objective minds, and not petty brawls from glorified internet touts completely lacking in intellect and etiquette.
Please hit the "Back" button on the top left corner of your screen to end your misery. smiley

I am writing a paper on "The Political Amnesia of President Goodluck Jonathan" grin.Am

Re: Academic Documents Written By Goodluck Jonathan In 1985, At UniPort by gp6liveth(m): 2:44pm On Dec 27, 2014
What is the essence of analysing GEJ alma mater and his publications? Is it to discredit him in favour of buhari? Hmm. Buhari that does not even know what a journal is let alone thesis or a proposal.

I beg of u, this will only make sense if u have a more qualified candidate to oppose GEJ not that dictator/cow boy/sharia blood extremist buhari.
Re: Academic Documents Written By Goodluck Jonathan In 1985, At UniPort by Jwonder(m): 2:46pm On Dec 27, 2014
Morkavictor:
guy do you mind showing us what buhari have ever published.

LoL.. What do expect that illiterate to write..abeg call better person name.
Re: Academic Documents Written By Goodluck Jonathan In 1985, At UniPort by Adola1(m): 2:49pm On Dec 27, 2014
He obtained his M.sc at the University of Port Harcourt in 1985 and he was a Lecturer at the Dept. Of Biology, Rivers State College of Education, Port Harcourt from 1983 – 1993. How did that work? he was lecturing at one university while studying to obtain an M.sc in another university.[/quote] For your information Rivers State college of Education started awarding M.Ed not M.Sc about 7 years from today.
Re: Academic Documents Written By Goodluck Jonathan In 1985, At UniPort by Jwonder(m): 2:49pm On Dec 27, 2014
omenka:
What an idiotic comment. Academics as a matter of responsibility are supposed to publish. In fact, they can't rise up the ranks of their profession without publications.

I hate talking to ignorant fellows like you.

Still on the matter..abeg show us buhari own ohh!!!

1 Like

Re: Academic Documents Written By Goodluck Jonathan In 1985, At UniPort by Malawian(m): 2:51pm On Dec 27, 2014
wirinet:

so?
even some of my lecturers then were masters students as well.
i was in 500level when my HOD gained his PHD.
what do you know?
Re: Academic Documents Written By Goodluck Jonathan In 1985, At UniPort by Jwonder(m): 2:53pm On Dec 27, 2014
hifaif:

It isn't necessary for Buhari. He is not an academic. He was a soldier. Use your brain, haba.

How do u expect a man with no form of Education to rule 9ja... OBJ even beta pass am self, baba still commot shame go back skul..mtcheew!
Re: Academic Documents Written By Goodluck Jonathan In 1985, At UniPort by Jwonder(m): 2:55pm On Dec 27, 2014
MudRaker:

You mean short service officers?

All serving army chiefs have publications. Marwa did his doctorate in Harvad and has a publication in their library.

How many Nigerian Universities have online libraries and if they did have they fully digitalized their library?

If you want GEJ's doctorate paper then go to the university that issued him a doctorate and search their library for a copy.

It is that simple!

Re: Academic Documents Written By Goodluck Jonathan In 1985, At UniPort by Usman212s: 2:58pm On Dec 27, 2014
ShakaZullu:

I'll keep saying it

Buhari is a terrorist
Apc is BOKOHARAM
Tinubu is a bastard
Osinbajo is a vagabond
Gej till 2019

The facts are starring at you.

Btw

Your father is a foolish bastard
You are childish and silly
Re: Academic Documents Written By Goodluck Jonathan In 1985, At UniPort by olan4ward: 3:04pm On Dec 27, 2014
Wetin con hapen?Na that one go put food 4 my table?Thrash!
Re: Academic Documents Written By Goodluck Jonathan In 1985, At UniPort by Nobody: 3:14pm On Dec 27, 2014
Kenai:

I'd be lying if I said it wasn't strange/confusing.
But maybe he took some time off from work at the College of Education (if that's even possible) or studied Part-time.
Just don't know.
Guy, did u attend a university at all? Is M.Sc programme not usually a part time programme? Both schools are in Port Harcourt.
My friend's mum is a lecturer in Agbor COE, and is at the same time doing her Ph D in UNIBEN.
Re: Academic Documents Written By Goodluck Jonathan In 1985, At UniPort by Kenai: 3:20pm On Dec 27, 2014
ILIDEFI:

Guy, did u attend a university at all? Is M.Sc programme not usually a part time programme? Both schools are in Port Harcourt.
My friend's mum is a lecturer in Agbor COE, and is at the same time doing her Ph D in UNIBEN.

Dude, chill. I was initially confused because I thought it was prohibited by the NUC, but then I rechecked Wirinet's post to see it was a College of Education (which isn't under the jurisdiction of the NUC); so I agree it's totally possible to hold it down as both a lecturer and an M.sc student.
Re: Academic Documents Written By Goodluck Jonathan In 1985, At UniPort by Malawian(m): 3:22pm On Dec 27, 2014
integralng:
. @ Op:You are a cheap and mischievous liar.That publication you have quoted was not authored by Jonathan.You knew this that was why you did not give the full names of the contributors of the paper.The G.E Jonathan stated in the paper is Graves E Jonathan of the department of Plant/Animal, University of Georgia and not Goodluck Ebele Jonathan as you have echoed.This action of yours is an evidence that your principal jonaTAN does not have any scholarly papers hence your resort to falsehood.I gave up on jonaTAN a long time ago when I conducted a research on his being a doctoral degree holder and found out that he spent about 10years to round-off a programme that would have taken a brilliant student in Nigeria just 3years.And he didn't gain this title until he had become a Director in OMPADEC when he could bribe his away out.I read a report about his doctoral thesis when his supervisor turned down his papers severally because they were not scholarly and lack depth.I can't imagine that a 'scholar' that attended the Uniport for his BSc,MSc and PhD and his Alma Mater could not find him worthy of a teaching appointment.This speaks more of the low quality Jonathan is.
i have search the document. graves ko, cemetary ni.
Re: Academic Documents Written By Goodluck Jonathan In 1985, At UniPort by Nobody: 3:23pm On Dec 27, 2014
shiftmarket:

WRT coloured, the lowest ranked person among the authors is usually the main contributors, the others are usually reviewers who the lowest ranked person needs for the paper to easily fly or get published, just like upcoming musicians use already made stars to lunch their careers.
In that case, you are suggesting that GEJ was an expert such that junior colleagues in his profession needed his name for their publication. My guy, either way u look at it, GEJ was a professional and was accomplished in his field.
Re: Academic Documents Written By Goodluck Jonathan In 1985, At UniPort by Kei144(m): 3:29pm On Dec 27, 2014
wirinet:

Even today, B.Sc holders still teach in Colleges of Education.
Re: Academic Documents Written By Goodluck Jonathan In 1985, At UniPort by cuteboy2: 3:32pm On Dec 27, 2014
wirinet:

It is encouraging that you took up the challenge to show us any of GEJ's thesis or publication, the problem is that the said paper is neither a thesis or a publication. It was appropriately labeled Conference or workshop item. It was a joint paper presented at a workshop. It would be very difficult to determine jonathan's contributions

1. Why should it be a problem that the attached paper is neither a thesis or publication? The OP was very upfront that what he found was a Conference Paper, which you yourself acknowledged as "appropriately labeled". He obtained his MSc and PhD at Uniport and lectured at RSUST, both of them at Port Harcourt, not Toronto. Both schools are within easy reach. All his faculty colleagues, Head of Department, and Dean are all alive and still in the employ of the university, and can easily be reached. It is an easy task for anyone not crippled by political kwashiorkor to pay a visit and get the facts for himself.

2. Why should it be difficult to determine GEJ's contribution in a conference paper in which he was the lead author? Sometimes I just wonder what motivates people to dream up these phantom and pointless controversies.

1 Like

Re: Academic Documents Written By Goodluck Jonathan In 1985, At UniPort by wazobiaN9(m): 3:36pm On Dec 27, 2014
ShakaZullu:

BUHARI will cry again

Because

Buhari is a terrorist
Apc is BOKOHARAM
Tinubu is a bastard
Osinbajo is a vagabond
Gej till 2019

I decided to ignore your childish insults hurled at some committed character you most probably will never equal nor surpass in any notable sphere in your life time.

Pray tell me, do you have any hope for Nigeria beyond 2019??!! Or, you wouldn't mind if the Nigerian ship sinks at Otuoke come 2019?!!!
Re: Academic Documents Written By Goodluck Jonathan In 1985, At UniPort by Malawian(m): 3:39pm On Dec 27, 2014
Usman212s:
many people are so clueless like their GEJ. Please answer simple logic question: is it true that election is a game of number? If yes is the answer, why would buhari sponsor BH to kill the same people
who need to vote for him or why would he risked a state of
emergency in States that will give him the job at aso rock? Please reason before you make comments . l know there are very few unbiased and intelligent igbos who can logically reason with that.
to answer your question, buhari has never been a smart one. dont forget he failed all his exams.
all he knows is marrying nyarinyas old enough to be his grand daughter.

1 Like

Re: Academic Documents Written By Goodluck Jonathan In 1985, At UniPort by engrfcuksmtin(m): 3:46pm On Dec 27, 2014
Kenai:
This thread was inspired by this post, from Dr. Hassan, requesting to see Goodluck Jonathan's thesis and publications.

While I am no spokesman for the president or any of these political players for that matter, I remember I did once come across one of his academic publications...

I found it at the AquaticCommons, and it was originally published on 29th November, 1985.

The publication is titled:
"Identification of West African Estuarine Shrimp and Crab Larvae"
by Jonathan, G.E. and Powell, C.B. and Hart, A.I. (1985).

Abstract: The paper deals with the decapod crustacean larvae likely to be found in fresh and brackish waters in tropical west Africa. It summarizes results from an ongoing program of describing larvae hatched directly from adults of known species, to provide the identification keys necessary for applied research on nursery grounds, plankton ecology and pollution effects. A preliminary key to stage - 1 larvae is given for approximately 40 species...

Item Type: Conference or Workshop Item.

Page Range: pp 197 - 206

The PDF is also downloadable here

That's the much I could find for now, but I'm sure we'd find more if we actually looked. undecided
Can you present papers in Journals or presented at reputable conference's? A proper academia must publish at least in Journals and reputable (professional) conference proceedings. Wahalahi GEJ is not an academia!!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Why We Handcuffed Metuh − NPS / Boko Haram Attacks Hometown Of Babagana Monguno In Borno / Buhari Meets Tinubu In Aso Rock Villa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.