Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,245 members, 7,825,942 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 07:03 AM

Academic Documents Written By Goodluck Jonathan In 1985, At UniPort - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Academic Documents Written By Goodluck Jonathan In 1985, At UniPort (44535 Views)

How Dasuki Arrested Buhari In 1985 & Destroyed His 1st Marriage / Photo Of Buhari With Victorious Eaglets In 1985, About To Do Same In 2015 / 'Imagine' By 'Goodluck Jonathan' - Funny Music Video (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Academic Documents Written By Goodluck Jonathan In 1985, At UniPort by Walspring: 11:34pm On Dec 27, 2014
Kenai:

I'd be lying if I said it wasn't strange/confusing.
But maybe he took some time off from work at the College of Education (if that's even possible) or studied Part-time.
Just don't know.

You dont need to be confused at all...

Maybe you need to make another research if its possible to be teaching and also doing research because i have seen more than 10 lecturers in a university who are teaching and also doing their Msc in another school..
Re: Academic Documents Written By Goodluck Jonathan In 1985, At UniPort by Walspring: 11:37pm On Dec 27, 2014
Comsol:

FYI, conference paper is also a publication. At the moment, I'm working on a paper to be presented in a conference come next year which will also be published on a top professional organization journal.
Also, in any publication, the first author is usually the main contributor or owner of that publication just like in this case.

On your second question, that is very possible. I remember my lecturer then who was running his PhD in a different school. Meanwhile if you check the number 7 reference on that publication you'll notice that he actually completed his MSc in 1984.

Dont mind them, You will notice that people like them dont attend university at all because if they do am sure they wont be doubting or asking this kind of question .. Imagine someone asking a useless and clueless question.

They will be the first person to type and say the president is clueless not knowing that they are also clueless too..

God will help us in this nation

1 Like

Re: Academic Documents Written By Goodluck Jonathan In 1985, At UniPort by Walspring: 11:40pm On Dec 27, 2014
gentleoyink:

Hello wiring, please note the College of Education and not University. In College of Education and other ND awarding institutions, a first degree holder can be employed as an Assistant Lecturer [1]. Maybe your question should be why is he a Lecturer with B.Sc qualification.

Also, it is very possible for him to have started studying for his Masters before or after he started working in the CoE. You must have seen workers studying for Masters in various universities across Nigeria. Abi na only GEJ own must different?

For example

[1] http://career.com.ng/academic-staff-recruitment-at-federal-college-of-education-gusau/

I tire for them ooo.

Make God help us for in this country
Re: Academic Documents Written By Goodluck Jonathan In 1985, At UniPort by pekeyim: 12:18am On Dec 28, 2014
Jwonder:

Shut up, what do you even know self..

Seriously Featuring someone on a track after smoking or.... ish is equals to a "Research"?

I feel for your unborn kids, Hope this stupidity doesn't transfer to them!
Re: Academic Documents Written By Goodluck Jonathan In 1985, At UniPort by mapet: 12:45am On Dec 28, 2014
Guys

I am made to understand that this is a dubious attempt by Jonathanians to give him credit he deserves not. This publication has nothing to do with GEJ, as the Jonathan G.E is a Graves E. Jonathan........

1 Like

Re: Academic Documents Written By Goodluck Jonathan In 1985, At UniPort by success10(m): 1:43am On Dec 28, 2014
bomboyi:
By these qualifications GEJ is supposed to work in lagoon and not Aso rock
hahahahah....I don lafff tired...

Baddest guy ever liveth.
Re: Academic Documents Written By Goodluck Jonathan In 1985, At UniPort by snakova(m): 1:54am On Dec 28, 2014
Comsol:

FYI, conference paper is also a publication. At the moment, I'm working on a paper to be presented in a conference come next year which will also be published on a top professional organization journal.
Also, in any publication, the first author is usually the main contributor or owner of that publication just like in this case.

On your second question, that is very possible. I remember my lecturer then who was running his PhD in a different school. Meanwhile if you check the number 7 reference on that publication you'll notice that he actually completed his MSc in 1984.
stop mis-yarning. conference paper might include multiple authors to be presented by any of the authors. Most of the time, the lowest in rank is the principal author, but not all of the time. I am not disputing his phd, but at most it must have been mediocre.
Re: Academic Documents Written By Goodluck Jonathan In 1985, At UniPort by MrGiddy(m): 5:45am On Dec 28, 2014
mikeansy:

please did you type that the way you pronounce it? grin grin grin grin grin
I thought I was d only one who saw that lol some persons just wanna talk not like they understand a thing just to make noise and hope to be seen is what they do.
Re: Academic Documents Written By Goodluck Jonathan In 1985, At UniPort by gnice545(m): 7:43am On Dec 28, 2014
ABOKI

Just learn to love GEJ

He will always be better than Buhari.

Accept and eat ur breakfast wit rest of mind.
Re: Academic Documents Written By Goodluck Jonathan In 1985, At UniPort by Raymysterio(m): 9:17am On Dec 28, 2014
wirinet:

It is encouraging that you took up the challenge to show us any of GEJ's thesis or publication, the problem is that the said paper is neither a thesis or a publication. It was appropriately labeled Conference or workshop item. It was a joint paper presented at a workshop. It would be very difficult to determine jonathan's contributions.

Meanwhile please help clarify these discrepancies in Jonathan's academic records;

He obtained his M.sc at the University of Port Harcourt in 1985 and he was a Lecturer at the Dept. Of Biology, Rivers State College of Education, Port Harcourt from 1983 – 1993. How did that work? he was lecturing at one university while studying to obtain an M.sc in another university.
My classmate that e graduated 2geda in 2009 from Uniben is a lecturer in College of Education Warri. And he is currently studying for his M.sc in University of Benin. How strange is that? Does that satisfy your curiosity?
Re: Academic Documents Written By Goodluck Jonathan In 1985, At UniPort by ISpiksDaTroof: 9:53am On Dec 28, 2014
mapet:
Guys

I am made to understand that this is a dubious attempt by Jonathanians to give him credit he deserves not. This publication has nothing to do with GEJ, as the Jonathan G.E is a Graves E. Jonathan........
Roflmao when I said this all I got were insults. I bet GEJ doesn't have a PhD. Nigerians have been scammed by a superscammer.
Re: Academic Documents Written By Goodluck Jonathan In 1985, At UniPort by elohorayodele: 12:57pm On Dec 28, 2014
I
wirinet:

It is encouraging that you took up the challenge to show us any of GEJ's thesis or publication, the problem is that the said paper is neither a thesis or a publication. It was appropriately labeled Conference or workshop item. It was a joint paper presented at a workshop. It would be very difficult to determine jonathan's contributions.

Meanwhile please help clarify these discrepancies in Jonathan's academic records;

He obtained his M.sc at the University of Port Harcourt in 1985 and he was a Lecturer at the Dept. Of Biology, Rivers State College of Education, Port Harcourt from 1983 – 1993. How did that work? he was lecturing at one university while studying to obtain an M.sc in another university.
A college of education just awards NCE so their lecturers mostly have BSc on assumption of duty. They then further their education at the same time.
Re: Academic Documents Written By Goodluck Jonathan In 1985, At UniPort by elohorayodele: 1:00pm On Dec 28, 2014
Walspring:

Dont mind them, You will notice that people like them dont attend university at all because if they do am sure they wont be doubting or asking this kind of question .. Imagine someone asking a useless and clueless question.

They will be the first person to type and say the president is clueless not knowing that they are also clueless too..

Re: Academic Documents Written By Goodluck Jonathan In 1985, At UniPort by Omooba77: 6:20pm On Dec 28, 2014
Walspring:

Some Nigerians are educated illiterates,you have number of papers you must present before you become a Prof.
Re: Academic Documents Written By Goodluck Jonathan In 1985, At UniPort by eruditebabe(f): 8:15pm On Dec 28, 2014
wirinet:

Its not new. A lot of lecturers prefer to get their degrees elsewhere other than their plc of wrk. U must be a novice in d educational sector, I guess. I aint a political person so dnt get me wrong. I m not @ all trying to be on joe's good side.
Re: Academic Documents Written By Goodluck Jonathan In 1985, At UniPort by bamidele029: 9:07pm On Dec 28, 2014
Okay, we've seen it
Re: Academic Documents Written By Goodluck Jonathan In 1985, At UniPort by Walspring: 9:59pm On Dec 28, 2014
Omooba77:

Some Nigerians are educated illiterates,you have number of papers you must present before you become a Prof.

You are right about this educated illiterates and we have alot of them on this politics thread..
Re: Academic Documents Written By Goodluck Jonathan In 1985, At UniPort by pekeyim: 8:31am On Dec 30, 2014
Jwonder:

Shut up, what do you even know self..

At least I know the difference between featuring someone after smoking that ish u smoke and writing an Academic paper aren't the same.

OLODO!!!
Re: Academic Documents Written By Goodluck Jonathan In 1985, At UniPort by ask4slimjay: 8:36pm On Dec 30, 2014
Kenai:

This thread is meant for mature comments from objective minds, and not petty brawls from glorified internet touts completely lacking in intellect and etiquette.
Please hit the "Back" button on the top left corner of your screen to end your misery. smiley
mehn. .dat was too direct.
Re: Academic Documents Written By Goodluck Jonathan In 1985, At UniPort by alby: 7:50pm On Jan 24, 2015
GMB IS NOT A TERRORIST

APC IS NO BOKO HARAM PARTY

TINUBU IS NO BASTARD

OSIBANJO IS NO VAGABOND NOR SAINT

GET BACK TO HISTORY IN ASABA 2012:

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/4853-nsa_azazi_blames_boko_haram_attacks_on_pdp_s_politics_of_exclusi.html

http://www.punchng.com/news/nsa-blames-pdp-for-boko-haram-crisis/

GMB IS NOT A SAINT BUT HAS A GREAT PASSION TO SEEING NIGERIA SUCCEED.

NIGERIA - CORRUPTION WILL BE THE BEST IN AFRICA.

WE THE COMMON PEOPLE WILL HOLD HIM RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY FAILURES.
Re: Academic Documents Written By Goodluck Jonathan In 1985, At UniPort by Nobody: 5:07am On Jan 25, 2015
wirinet:

Study fellowship
Re: Academic Documents Written By Goodluck Jonathan In 1985, At UniPort by emekatex: 4:07pm On Jan 25, 2015
wirinet:

My dear, it is very much possible. I knw someone who is doing so at Abia state university nw.
Re: Academic Documents Written By Goodluck Jonathan In 1985, At UniPort by chikea: 5:52pm On Feb 26, 2015
Kenai:
This thread was inspired by this post, from Dr. Hassan, requesting to see Goodluck Jonathan's thesis and publications.

While I am no spokesman for the president or any of these political players for that matter, I remember I did once come across one of his academic publications...

I found it at the AquaticCommons, and it was originally published on 29th November, 1985.

The publication is titled:
"Identification of West African Estuarine Shrimp and Crab Larvae"
by Jonathan, G.E. and Powell, C.B. and Hart, A.I. (1985).

Abstract: The paper deals with the decapod crustacean larvae likely to be found in fresh and brackish waters in tropical west Africa. It summarizes results from an ongoing program of describing larvae hatched directly from adults of known species, to provide the identification keys necessary for applied research on nursery grounds, plankton ecology and pollution effects. A preliminary key to stage - 1 larvae is given for approximately 40 species...

Item Type: Conference or Workshop Item.

Page Range: pp 197 - 206

The PDF is also downloadable here

That's the much I could find for now, but I'm sure we'd find more if we actually looked. undecided

they can as well chech the reference setion and see GEJ's MSc work done in 1984; therefore this work might be a pre-Phd final thesis work
Re: Academic Documents Written By Goodluck Jonathan In 1985, At UniPort by chikea: 5:56pm On Feb 26, 2015
emekatex:
My dear, it is very much possible. I knw someone who is doing so at Abia state university nw.

if you read up the reference you will note that his Msc dissertation was referenced in the work posted here. besides nothing bares you from working and studying anywhere.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Why We Handcuffed Metuh − NPS / Heads To Roll Over NDA Terror Attack / Buhari Meets Tinubu In Aso Rock Villa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.