Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,095 members, 7,814,849 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 08:51 PM

What are The Roles Of A Husband When His Wife Is Pregnant? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What are The Roles Of A Husband When His Wife Is Pregnant? (3627 Views)

What A Husband Needs From A Wife Is Never Sex / Was She Right To Have Defended Her Husband When His Mom Was Quarreling With Him? / The Roles Of A Father! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What are The Roles Of A Husband When His Wife Is Pregnant? by ffo(m): 2:24pm On Dec 23, 2014
Hello Nairalanders,

I will like to know the role of a man when your wife is pregnant especially from the experienced ones in the house.

thanks
Re: What are The Roles Of A Husband When His Wife Is Pregnant? by delishpot: 2:48pm On Dec 23, 2014
I dont get this question o. Its like a woman asking what is the role of a mother when her daughter is in labour.
Na person go teach you that one again? Its well.
Re: What are The Roles Of A Husband When His Wife Is Pregnant? by Nobody: 3:05pm On Dec 23, 2014
ffo:
Hello Nairalanders,
I will like to know the role of a man when your wife is pregnant especially from the experienced ones in the house.
thanks

Help any way you can.
Some women are strong during pregnancy some are weak throughout. If she cant cook, help her.
Rub her back when she needs a rub, listen to her when she complains dont compare her with other pregnant women pregnancy is different for each woman.

Have her doctors number handy, monitor her temperature, ask after her blood pressure count after each antenatal visit.
Google to learn about the stage of her pregnancy and the challenges she may be facing with it.

Try to ensure she avoids too much activities that involves bending

If you can go on evening walks with her.

Get fruits and fresh vegetables for her.
Most importantly listen to what she wants

13 Likes

Re: What are The Roles Of A Husband When His Wife Is Pregnant? by LordReed(m): 3:08pm On Dec 23, 2014
ffo:
Hello Nairalanders,

thanks

His role is to support his wife during the period. Help her perform things she'll normally be able to do but become difficult with her protruding tummy. He is also to make her feel loved by doing little things to alleviate any pain or discomfort she may have, like foot massages backrubs and so on. Pregnancy can be a trying time for some women so any help a man can render will be necessary.

6 Likes

Re: What are The Roles Of A Husband When His Wife Is Pregnant? by tpia0001: 3:14pm On Dec 23, 2014
10 Ways You Can Assist Your Pregnant Wife

https://www.nairaland.com/525032/10-ways-assist-pregnant-wife

Ways Husbands Can Show Love To Pregnant Wives

https://www.nairaland.com/1101093/ways-husbands-show-love-pregnant

1 Like

Re: What are The Roles Of A Husband When His Wife Is Pregnant? by tobechi74: 3:27pm On Dec 23, 2014
Cook for her
Re: What are The Roles Of A Husband When His Wife Is Pregnant? by lilmax(m): 3:30pm On Dec 23, 2014
aisha2:

Help any way you can.
Some women are strong during pregnancy some are weak throughout. If she cant cook, help her.
Rub her back when she needs a rub, listen to her when she complains dont compare her with other pregnant women pregnancy is different for each woman.

Have her doctors number handy, monitor her temperature, ask after her blood pressure count after each antenatal visit.
Google to learn about the stage of her pregnancy and the challenges she may be facing with it.

i like this
Re: What are The Roles Of A Husband When His Wife Is Pregnant? by HFOG(f): 4:08pm On Dec 23, 2014
LordReed:

His role is to support his wife during the period. Help her perform things she'll normally be able to do but become difficult with her protruding tummy. He is also to make her feel loved by doing little things to alleviate any pain or discomfort she may have, like foot massages backrubs and so on. Pregnancy can be a trying time for some women so any help a man can render will be necessary.
Yes o. Me brother is talking from experience. @OP, Help her carry/move heavy objects. You might need to help with cooking depending on how each pregnancy affects her. Washing clothes too. She would need to bend less as the pregnancy advances. Be ready to buy weird stuffs for her as her appetite demands. Some of the things she'll end up not eating them sef. She might throw up, spit out, urinate etc very often. Control whatever irritation you might feel. Remember it's your baby and she's your wife. She might wake you severally at night depending on how undisturbed her sleep is. And of course be patient and understanding if her desire for sex drops drastically. Just know that she's struggling to understand herself. Don't compare her with any other woman. We're all different and each pregnancy is different too. All the best. The joy of holding your baby will be worth whatever inconvenience you'll face now. Enjoy the season while it lasts and make it a pleasant one for her

9 Likes

Re: What are The Roles Of A Husband When His Wife Is Pregnant? by Sparkle777(f): 5:15pm On Dec 23, 2014
Aww, so sweet of you. Just be by her and love her more despite anything. God will bless and favour you for donig this.
Re: What are The Roles Of A Husband When His Wife Is Pregnant? by Nobody: 5:58pm On Dec 23, 2014
Cut her toe nails for her grin
Re: What are The Roles Of A Husband When His Wife Is Pregnant? by LordReed(m): 9:32pm On Dec 23, 2014
Mondisweets:
Cut her toe nails for her grin

grin grin

1 Like

Re: What are The Roles Of A Husband When His Wife Is Pregnant? by lovinam: 9:49pm On Dec 23, 2014
Above all don't cheat on her when she says no to kpekus. Some women have very low libido when pregnant. Try to be understanding

1 Like

Re: What are The Roles Of A Husband When His Wife Is Pregnant? by crackhaus: 10:10pm On Dec 23, 2014
Knack am akpako anytime she asks you to - DO NOT BE AFRAID! gringrin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What are The Roles Of A Husband When His Wife Is Pregnant? by Nobody: 10:22pm On Dec 23, 2014
crackhaus:
Knack am akpako anytime she asks you to - DO NOT BE AFRAID! gringrin
are u married ?

1 Like

Re: What are The Roles Of A Husband When His Wife Is Pregnant? by crackhaus: 10:28pm On Dec 23, 2014
lofty900:
are u married ?
www.google.com

6 Likes

Re: What are The Roles Of A Husband When His Wife Is Pregnant? by DollyParton1(f): 7:37am On Dec 24, 2014
lofty900:
are u married ?

crackhaus:

www.google.com
LOLz.... See craze....This kain question and the kain reply.... grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: What are The Roles Of A Husband When His Wife Is Pregnant? by ffo(m): 9:08am On Dec 24, 2014
aisha2:

Help any way you can.

thanks for the enlightenment

1 Like

Re: What are The Roles Of A Husband When His Wife Is Pregnant? by ffo(m): 9:19am On Dec 24, 2014
LordReed:

thanks
Re: What are The Roles Of A Husband When His Wife Is Pregnant? by ffo(m): 9:19am On Dec 24, 2014
HFOG:

Yes o. Me brother is talking from experience. @OP, Help her carry/move heavy objects. You might need to help with cooking depending on how each pregnancy affects her. Washing clothes too. She would need to bend less as the pregnancy advances. Be ready to buy weird stuffs for her as her appetite demands. Some of the things she'll end up not eating them sef. She might throw up, spit out, urinate etc very often. Control whatever irritation you might feel. Remember it's your baby and she's your wife. She might wake you severally at night depending on how undisturbed her sleep is. And of course be patient and understanding if her desire for sex drops drastically. Just know that she's struggling to understand herself. Don't compare her with any other woman. We're all different and each pregnancy is different too. All the best. The joy of holding your baby will be worth whatever inconvenience you'll face now. Enjoy the season while it lasts and make it a pleasant one for her

thanks for that
Sparkle777:
Aww, so sweet of you. Just be by her and love her more despite anything. God will bless and favour you for donig this.

Amen, thanks

1 Like

Re: What are The Roles Of A Husband When His Wife Is Pregnant? by ffo(m): 9:21am On Dec 24, 2014
lovinam:
Above all don't cheat on her when she says no to kpekus. Some women have very low libido when pregnant. Try to be understanding
ok
Re: What are The Roles Of A Husband When His Wife Is Pregnant? by crackhaus: 12:59pm On Dec 24, 2014
DollyParton1:

cheesy
Re: What are The Roles Of A Husband When His Wife Is Pregnant? by Nobody: 2:33pm On Dec 24, 2014
DollyParton1:

no mind am
Re: What are The Roles Of A Husband When His Wife Is Pregnant? by Sweetmarriage: 3:51pm On Dec 26, 2014
ffo:
Hello Nairalanders,

thanks

Hello, I've posted your question to our community facebook page, where others will give you more advices.

Here is the page
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Nigerian-Papalette/312263085651212?ref=hl
Re: What are The Roles Of A Husband When His Wife Is Pregnant? by ffo(m): 9:10pm On Dec 26, 2014
Sweetmarriage:

Hello, I've posted your question to our community facebook page, where others will give you more advices.

Here is the page
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Nigerian-Papalette/312263085651212?ref=hl

thanks
Re: What are The Roles Of A Husband When His Wife Is Pregnant? by SAMBARRY: 9:18pm On Dec 26, 2014
delishpot:
I dont get this question o. Its like a woman asking what is the role of a mother when her daughter is in labour.
Na person go teach you that one again? Its well.
the question is not for teenagers and children suffering from youthful exuberance and loose mouth. It's for experienced adults facing real life issues

3 Likes

Re: What are The Roles Of A Husband When His Wife Is Pregnant? by delishpot: 9:24pm On Dec 26, 2014
SAMBARRY:
the question is not for teenagers and children suffering from youthful exuberance and loose mouth. It's for experienced adults facing real life issues

Ok o. Never knew adult males dont know the role of an Adult male(Husband) to his pregnant wife. And here I was thinking I had seen and heard it all.
Re: What are The Roles Of A Husband When His Wife Is Pregnant? by SAMBARRY: 9:46pm On Dec 26, 2014
delishpot:

Ok o. Never knew adult males dont know the role of an Adult male(Husband) to his pregnant wife. And here I was thinking I had seen and heard it all.
no one knows it all that's why he is asking but it is not for kids to answey
Re: What are The Roles Of A Husband When His Wife Is Pregnant? by Exjoker(m): 12:46am On Dec 27, 2014
Helping her in doing some house chores, back massage, sometimes taking a short stroll with her(Exercise)

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Empty Thread / How do I solve this problem? / My Father Kept Malice With Me For Four Year For This Reason

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.