Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,850 members, 7,813,887 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:43 PM

Was She Right To Have Defended Her Husband When His Mom Was Quarreling With Him? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Was She Right To Have Defended Her Husband When His Mom Was Quarreling With Him? (4337 Views)

UNIZIK Graduate Vows To Commit Suicide, Apologizes To His Mom / See The Kind Of Picture A Guy Took With His Mom (photo) / Mom Was Filming Her Baby Playing. Sees Something Scary In The Background [PICS] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Was She Right To Have Defended Her Husband When His Mom Was Quarreling With Him? by Nobody: 4:25pm On Jun 10, 2015
There is a chaos going on now in a family whereby a man's mom is not in talking terms with her son's wife because she defended the son when the mother and the son were quarelling about something. "now half of the family said the wife did nothing wrong while the other said the wife should not have intervened. "so did the wife did wrong by supporting the husband?
Re: Was She Right To Have Defended Her Husband When His Mom Was Quarreling With Him? by doublewisdom: 4:28pm On Jun 10, 2015
I'm with the other half of the family on this one.

2 Likes

Re: Was She Right To Have Defended Her Husband When His Mom Was Quarreling With Him? by Nobody: 4:29pm On Jun 10, 2015
doublewisdom:
I'm with the other half of the family on this one.
what other half?
Re: Was She Right To Have Defended Her Husband When His Mom Was Quarreling With Him? by Nobody: 4:29pm On Jun 10, 2015
cc:royalboy,lalasticlala
Re: Was She Right To Have Defended Her Husband When His Mom Was Quarreling With Him? by KoredeBellosMum(f): 4:35pm On Jun 10, 2015
She wz totally wrong... she has no right interferin wif waheva issues d moda nd her son were havin!! Wife or not!

4 Likes

Re: Was She Right To Have Defended Her Husband When His Mom Was Quarreling With Him? by doublewisdom: 4:35pm On Jun 10, 2015
sweetorgasm:
what other half?
The first half.
Re: Was She Right To Have Defended Her Husband When His Mom Was Quarreling With Him? by elantraceey(f): 4:36pm On Jun 10, 2015
Yes she did wrong , In such issues it is wise for the woman to be on a neutral ground else they will both bring her to the center of their quarrel .

1 Like

Re: Was She Right To Have Defended Her Husband When His Mom Was Quarreling With Him? by Nobody: 4:36pm On Jun 10, 2015
doublewisdom:
The first half.
k now i get
Re: Was She Right To Have Defended Her Husband When His Mom Was Quarreling With Him? by Nobody: 4:40pm On Jun 10, 2015
The problem with interfering in mother and son wahala is they will settle with your head.

4 Likes

Re: Was She Right To Have Defended Her Husband When His Mom Was Quarreling With Him? by Nobody: 4:42pm On Jun 10, 2015
firstEVA:
The problem with interfering in mother and son wahala is they will settle with your head.
are u writing 4rm experience?
Re: Was She Right To Have Defended Her Husband When His Mom Was Quarreling With Him? by Nobody: 4:57pm On Jun 10, 2015
sweetorgasm:
are u writing 4rm experience?
oyinbo you again?
Re: Was She Right To Have Defended Her Husband When His Mom Was Quarreling With Him? by Wendy80(f): 4:59pm On Jun 10, 2015
Omo it's better u remain neutral and be the peacemaker. U can support ur husband in ur closet ie if he's Right.

3 Likes

Re: Was She Right To Have Defended Her Husband When His Mom Was Quarreling With Him? by Nobody: 5:00pm On Jun 10, 2015
firstEVA:
oyinbo you again?
LOL its just a sexy question na
Re: Was She Right To Have Defended Her Husband When His Mom Was Quarreling With Him? by Nobody: 5:00pm On Jun 10, 2015
Wendy80:
Omo it's better u remain neutral and be the peacemaker. U can support ur husband in ur closet ie if he's Right.
so she is wrong
Re: Was She Right To Have Defended Her Husband When His Mom Was Quarreling With Him? by Nobody: 5:03pm On Jun 10, 2015
sweetorgasm:
LOL its just a sexy question na
sexy kwa. Well I have experienced it, after my dad and his mom settled their differences, it took a longer time for my grand mother to settle with my mum.
Re: Was She Right To Have Defended Her Husband When His Mom Was Quarreling With Him? by Nobody: 5:04pm On Jun 10, 2015
firstEVA:
sexy kwa. Well I have experienced it, after my dad and his mom settled their differences, it took a longer time for my grand mother to settle with my mum.
hm hm do u mind sharing wat happened with me?
Re: Was She Right To Have Defended Her Husband When His Mom Was Quarreling With Him? by Nobody: 5:14pm On Jun 10, 2015
sweetorgasm:
hm hm do u mind sharing wat happened with me?
I am lost, what are you talking about?
Re: Was She Right To Have Defended Her Husband When His Mom Was Quarreling With Him? by Nobody: 5:21pm On Jun 10, 2015
firstEVA:
I am lost, what are you talking about?
d alibi
Re: Was She Right To Have Defended Her Husband When His Mom Was Quarreling With Him? by raumdeuter: 5:36pm On Jun 10, 2015
SHe is wrong
Re: Was She Right To Have Defended Her Husband When His Mom Was Quarreling With Him? by SAMBARRY: 5:48pm On Jun 10, 2015
That woman na iya agbaya.she should cover her head in shame. Agba tio tole niya yen.

instead of her to settle the issh between husband and wife she's taking sides. No wonder the elders say age doesn't depict wisdom. When a supposed grandma. An elder woman for that matter is behaving like an inexperienced woman.

Oniya undecided

agba oshi, agba rada rada undecided

No form of wisdom, no form of discretion of an old woman
Re: Was She Right To Have Defended Her Husband When His Mom Was Quarreling With Him? by Kimoni: 5:58pm On Jun 10, 2015
Why is she wrong? Because she is a wife? Does that make her less human? Or beneath everybody else in the family?

Na wa ooo

3 Likes

Re: Was She Right To Have Defended Her Husband When His Mom Was Quarreling With Him? by MMotimo: 6:06pm On Jun 10, 2015
SAMBARRY:
That woman na iya agbaya.she should cover her head in shame. Agba tio tole niya yen.
instead of her to settle the issh between husband and wife she's taking sides. No wonder the elders say age doesn't depict wisdom. When a supposed grandma. An elder woman for that matter is behaving like an inexperienced woman.
Oniya undecided

1 You completely misread/misunderstood the story
2 Attacking someone's MIL or mother is inappropriate, to put it delicately. As for calling her names, that's all kinds of wrong

@OP

The story is not complete - what did MIL, son and DIL say exactly? What was the argument about? You can't judge without those details. Important to ask the questions before rushing to judgement

2 Likes

Re: Was She Right To Have Defended Her Husband When His Mom Was Quarreling With Him? by MMotimo: 6:07pm On Jun 10, 2015
sweetorgasm:
There is a chaos going on now in a family whereby a man's mom is not in talking terms with her son's wife because she defended the son when the mother and the son were quarelling about something. "now half of the family said the wife did nothing wrong while the other said the wife should not have intervened. "so did the wife did wrong by supporting the husband?
Re: Was She Right To Have Defended Her Husband When His Mom Was Quarreling With Him? by bukatyne(f): 6:08pm On Jun 10, 2015
I am wit the other half that she should not have intervened;

She might not have known the genesis of the issue and just knows what they want her to know (depending on the family)

She should have been neutral and make peace instead.

She should apologize to the MIL and stay out of their family squabbles unless invited and interfere wit caution when invited.

4 Likes

Re: Was She Right To Have Defended Her Husband When His Mom Was Quarreling With Him? by ymdo(m): 6:11pm On Jun 10, 2015
bukatyne:
I am wit the other half that she should not have intervened;
She might not have known the genesis of the issue and just knows what they want her to know (depending on the family)
She should have been neutral and make peace instead.
She should apologize to the MIL and stay out of their family squabbles unless invited and interfere wit caution when invited.

I share your opinion.
Mods, no frontpage please. Some topics on nairaland usually make sense till it is moved to frontpage, then E-diots takeover.

1 Like

Re: Was She Right To Have Defended Her Husband When His Mom Was Quarreling With Him? by yomalex(m): 6:14pm On Jun 10, 2015
She shouldn't have interfered
Re: Was She Right To Have Defended Her Husband When His Mom Was Quarreling With Him? by freecocoa(f): 6:17pm On Jun 10, 2015
Well, it depends on what the issue is and what was said.

However, because of how delicate MIL and DIL relationships are(especially on this side of the world), it's best to not take sides but try to broker peace.
Re: Was She Right To Have Defended Her Husband When His Mom Was Quarreling With Him? by bukatyne(f): 6:57pm On Jun 10, 2015
ymdo:

I share your opinion.
Mods, no frontpage please. Some topics on nairaland usually make sense till it is moved to frontpage, then E-diots takeover.

Lol @ 2nd sentence
Re: Was She Right To Have Defended Her Husband When His Mom Was Quarreling With Him? by Nobody: 7:05pm On Jun 10, 2015
Kimoni:
Why is she wrong? Because she is a wife? Does that make her less human? Or beneath everybody else in the family?

Na wa ooo
i just wonda
Re: Was She Right To Have Defended Her Husband When His Mom Was Quarreling With Him? by Nobody: 7:06pm On Jun 10, 2015
dinachi:

Your contributions stinks the way you do! Must you insult another woman who is doing right by her man?
dat guy is just unbelievable
Re: Was She Right To Have Defended Her Husband When His Mom Was Quarreling With Him? by Nobody: 7:08pm On Jun 10, 2015
SAMBARRY:

Oniya undecided

No form of wisdom, no form of discretion of an old woman
ure so unbelievable

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How My Twin Sister Wrecked My Marriage... / GOD is Good / Are Today's Elders Worthy Of Emulation?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.