Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,995 members, 7,825,072 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 05:32 AM

Buhari Calls Boko Haram Founder "Charismatic" - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Calls Boko Haram Founder "Charismatic" (2691 Views)

Buhari Calls Boko Haram His Brothers / Boko Haram Founder Is Now My Friend And Brother - Femi Fani-kayode / Buhari Calls For 'TOTAL' Sharia In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari Calls Boko Haram Founder "Charismatic" by Nobody: 2:51pm On Dec 24, 2014
Obinoscopy:
Hmmmmm, interesting.

Hello, i tried using 'mail the supermods' tab and i keep getting an unexpected error occurs.

Please can you send an email address i can forward a complaint to.
Re: Buhari Calls Boko Haram Founder "Charismatic" by Obinoscopy(m): 3:28pm On Dec 24, 2014
valacious:

Hello, i tried using 'mail the supermods' tab and i keep getting an unexpected error occurs.

Please can you send an email address i can forward a complaint to.
Send me a PM
Re: Buhari Calls Boko Haram Founder "Charismatic" by roqchiq(f): 3:34pm On Dec 24, 2014
@Op if i understand you correctly, you are baffled at the blatant admiration in the tone of the general, when he describes yusuf as 'charismatic'. and questions such as
1. Why will a 'patriotic Nigerian' be in awe of the leader of a terrorist sect, whether the sect became violent after his death or not?; which leads to the next question

2. Why would any living breathing Nigerian, identify with the 'charismatic nature of a religious fundamentalist' dead or living?

3. Why would True Nigerians advocate for someone who admires and supports religious fundamentalism?

a totally unrelated question
Why do I have this persistent and nagging feeling our Northern brethren (they are our siblings,because we are all Nigerians,only troublemakers find anything wrong with this statement), believe without any atom of doubt, that it is their right to rule OUR Country?

Feel free to answer.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Calls Boko Haram Founder "Charismatic" by ibisko04: 4:19pm On Dec 24, 2014
barcanista:
@ OP: what is your definition of Charisma? Have you heard of Charisma as a result of Brain? And brawn?
Only a charismatic fellow could attract followers and make them do his biddings like Yusuf did, Osama bin laden, Barrack Obama, Muhammadu Buhari,Ojukwu, Tony Aninih etc. The only distinction is that Yusuf , Osama and co used their charisma to actualise evil act, while Barrack Obama, Muhammadu Buhari, Tony Aninih etc used theirs to actualise their political prospects and nation building. At your question, yes, Yusuf was charismatic but being charismatic doesn't necessarily translate to something positive
Thank you very much for this your analysis. When you say someone is a charismatic, it means that fellow has something that others will like and want to listen to. If you don't know, it's only a charismatic fellow that can form such a group and movement like boko harram. So for Buhari calling Yusuf a charismatic fellow is to tell the story as it is. The only way out of this menace is to admit the fact of the matter and tackle it as such.
Re: Buhari Calls Boko Haram Founder "Charismatic" by eye4eye: 4:21pm On Dec 24, 2014
donguutti:
As a non Partisan, Fence sitter ,I have making effort to know more about our Presidential Aspirants and thus make an
Informed decision on Feb 14 2015.Since there is not much to be discovered about the SHOELESS and CLUELESS Jesus of Otuoke
(except of course his preferred Brand of Rum for the season)i decided to turn my attention to the "Peoples General".I have
read Interviews, speeches by GMB.The Latest of Which is that with Thisday Newspapers.

In that Interview , the General refers to Mohammed yusuf as "a young charismatic man" amidst other Important issues

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/buhari-in-quest-to-secure-nigeria/196454/

Now I want to know why Does GMB thinks Yusuf was/is charismatic, How did he become aware of Yusuf's charisma,

What did Yusuf do to impress GMB to warrant the "charismatic" Compliment

Why does the General Consider Yusuf charismatic and maitasine Evil.

Would GMB go to People/areas Afflicted by BH, Kano, Chibok,Markets,mosques,churches,Bus parks , Tertiary and tell them
that the Origin of our Collective Nightmare is charismatic.

You Buhari Supporter, was/is Mohammed Yusus charismatic to you? if yes Please explain

CC: Obiagell,Descartes, MudRaker, barcanista, Firefire,Ngwakwe, NgeneUkwenu, omenka,egift

Obasanjo also described Yusuf in glowing terms.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Calls Boko Haram Founder "Charismatic" by ibisko04: 4:34pm On Dec 24, 2014
barcanista:
your definition has vindicated Muhammadu Buhari. Without Charisma, you can't be a leader. Whether a Leader of cult group, political group, terrorists, religious group etc, you need charisma. The question is "a positive" or "negative" intent? Another is what can be made out of the fellow? Lemme give you an instance, Isaac Boro declared Niger Delta republic in 1966, he was arrested and jailed for treason within 2 weeks by Gen JTY Ironsi. When Ojukwu declared biafra republic, General Yakubu Gowon realised the need for a brave and charismatic figure from Niger Delta that commands following, he released the "jailed" Boro, drafted him into the Army and gave him the rank of a Major for him to head a unit and emancipate the Niger Delta from the clutches of Biafran rebels which he did within a short period. He was honored even at death till this moment. What if he was executed like the way Wiwa was? Sometimes we need to look beyond emotions. That doesn't justify Muhammed Yusuf action, arresting him was a great opportunity ffor us to understand their position as at 2009 and nip it to the bud before it got out of hand like we are experiencing today.
God will bless you more. The greatest mistake the Nigerian state made was the killing of Yusuf. When Yusuf was around and leading this group, he was in total control. If they were violent then, it was under control. Because they listen to their leader instructions. Yusuf was killed like animal without any trial, this is enough to turn them to animals as they are today. Yusuf would have been in the best to control his followers before the whole thing boomerang.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Calls Boko Haram Founder "Charismatic" by fr3do(m): 8:33pm On Dec 24, 2014
'Charismatic' is too flattering for a person like Yusuf Mohammed.
Re: Buhari Calls Boko Haram Founder "Charismatic" by fr3do(m): 8:40pm On Dec 24, 2014
ibisko04:

God will bless you more. The greatest mistake the Nigerian state made was the killing of Yusuf. When Yusuf was around and leading this group, he was in total control. If they were violent then, it was under control. Because they listen to their leader instructions. Yusuf was killed like animal without any trial, this is enough to turn them to animals as they are today. Yusuf would have been in the best to control his followers before the whole thing boomerang.

The killing of 100 Yusuf mohammeds is not enough to warranty what BH has done. Yusuf with the aid of already violent Northern culture taught even more violence. one way or the other, yusuf's cult would still have resorted to violence.
Re: Buhari Calls Boko Haram Founder "Charismatic" by FuckkME(f): 5:48pm On Jul 10, 2022
Lols so the Buhari omenka seunmsg and legendhero supported praised Boko haram founder

While they are trying to link PO to Ipob

Fowl nyash don open cheesy cheesy

Make una come see oooo obedientfc

(1) (2) (Reply)

Don’t Expect Miracles When I Tackle Boko Haram – Buhari Tells Nigerians / View Full List Of Buhari's Appointment So Far- All From North / Why Ahmed Gulak Is Right To Assume The National Chairmanship Position Of PDP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.