Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,011 members, 7,817,978 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:21 AM

What Cant Kill, Makes One Stronger - Literature (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / What Cant Kill, Makes One Stronger (8926 Views)

POEM: We Are Stronger! / We Are Stronger! / Keeping A Stronger Circle Of Friends (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Cant Kill, Makes One Stronger by Missmossy(f): 8:34pm On Mar 24, 2015
Am really enjoying the flow of this story,kudos Bigwig. Don't relent,more ink to your pen.

1 Like

Re: What Cant Kill, Makes One Stronger by bigwig97(m): 11:06pm On Mar 24, 2015
wow! a comment at last! thanks ma. i promise to give u an update first thing tomorrow morning...
Missmossy:
Am really enjoying the flow of this story,kudos Bigwig. Don't relent,more ink to your pen.
Re: What Cant Kill, Makes One Stronger by bigwig97(m): 8:32am On Mar 25, 2015
dedicated to missmossy
__ continuation __
"what do you like to eat, ore (meaning friend)?" sola asked her visitor, banke.
"anything will do"
"ok, give me a minute" sola said and walked towards her kitchen. minutes later, she was back with a bowl of ewedu soup and two wraps of eba. ''manage this and let me go and finish what i was doing in my room before you came in. i should be back before you finish eating. can i leave now?" sola said as she placed the food on a table infront of banke and turned to leave immediately without waiting to hear banke reply her. she stopped at the exit when she notice banke didn't say a word talkless of answering her question. she looked back to see banke crying and she ran to sit beside her and patted her like banke was her own daughter.
"banke why are you crying?"
banke who had been lost in thought, immediately regained her consciousness and said "was i crying? sola don't worry yourself, all is well?"
"do you think i'm a fool? you were crying and you are telling me nothing is wrong. talk to me"
banke shed tears for a while before she finally opened up. "last week, two men came to my house claiming to be workers of abani microfinance bank. they said ade borrowed #200k from them, about a year ago and promised to pay back within 15months. according to them, ade used his house as collateral and next month is the agreed month of final payment and failure to do this means our house is gone........" she couldn't continue talking because tears had already gathered in her eyes. sola was shocked and didn't know what to do, "sorry dear god is in control" was all she could say.
"god is in control and i'm facing all these?" banke shouted
"no. don't talk like that and....."
banke cut in, "i should be jumping around happily shey?"
"no, let me talk"
"go ahead, i'm all ears"
"god has provided the solution to your problems"
"ehnen? and what's the solution?" banke asked with a serious look
"marrying again"
"you are kidding me, right? you too know i can't do that"
"but that the only solution"
"hmmmmmmmm! but who will want to marry a second hand material like me?"
"thats no problem"
"how do you mean, sola?" banke asked with disbelief written all over her face.
"men have being disturbing me over you."
"that can't be true..!"
"it is infact, one me them was with me before you came in. it was when he saw you coming from afar that he ran to hide in the backyard" sola said in a calm but firm voice
"what?" banke shouted with disbelief
"infact, he's still there?" sola added
"hearing all our conversation? my god!!"
"can he come in now?" sola said after dropping the bomb-shell.
_______
*tbc*
Re: What Cant Kill, Makes One Stronger by bigwig97(m): 8:34am On Mar 25, 2015
jollyjoy, kindly drop you comment before you go, ma?
Re: What Cant Kill, Makes One Stronger by Nobody: 8:41am On Mar 25, 2015
bigwig97:
jollyjoy, kindly drop you comment before you go, ma?
lol!. Have been a silent reader all dis while though i must say u are doing a nice job bt all the same a little more devotion and constitent wil make the story more interesting and appealing .thanx.
Re: What Cant Kill, Makes One Stronger by Missmossy(f): 8:45am On Mar 25, 2015
bigwig97:
wow! a comment at last! thanks ma. i promise to give u an update first thing tomorrow morning...
Don't mention, thanks for the dedication. Babe2sure, Zyzxx, Signor11, Amazingangel come and read ooo grin
Re: What Cant Kill, Makes One Stronger by bigwig97(m): 8:47am On Mar 25, 2015
Jollyjoy:
lol!. Have been a silent reader all dis while though i must say u are doing a nice job bt all the same a little more devotion and constitent wil make the story more interesting and appealing .thanx.
noted! and thanks, ma'am
Re: What Cant Kill, Makes One Stronger by bigwig97(m): 8:48am On Mar 25, 2015
Missmossy:

Don't mention, thanks for the dedication. Babe2sure, Zyzxx, Signor11, Amazingangel come and read ooo grin
u are welcome, ma!!!
Re: What Cant Kill, Makes One Stronger by zyzxx(m): 9:49am On Mar 25, 2015
Missmossy:

present ma, thanks for d mention
Re: What Cant Kill, Makes One Stronger by Babe2sure(f): 2:27pm On Mar 25, 2015
Missmossy:

Ok dearie. By evening time.
Re: What Cant Kill, Makes One Stronger by Missmossy(f): 9:56pm On Mar 25, 2015
Babe2sure:

Ok dearie. By evening time.
You are welcome dear.
Re: What Cant Kill, Makes One Stronger by bigwig97(m): 11:04am On Mar 26, 2015
good morning, reader. i'm kind of busy now expect today's update before 9pm
Re: What Cant Kill, Makes One Stronger by Babe2sure(f): 7:07pm On Mar 26, 2015
Good story. I am enjoying it.
But there are some mistakes I want you to correct.
- All names should start with capital letters. Whether at the beginning of a sentence or in the middle -i.e Ade,Debo,Segun
- The village name should always start with capital letter. Whether at the beginning of a sentence or in the middle of a sentence also - Albani village.

- The herbalist was introduced as Ifayemi at the beginning, you later started using Fayemi. Except you intentionally shorten his name, it will be good to retain either of the two.

- After putting full stop at the end of a sentence. Always start the next word with capital letter.

- Space the story properly for enjoying read.

- Know when to use gods(the herbalist place) and God(when someone's prayer is answered). You kept using god for the two. it's wrong.

The story is too fast paced:
The doctor cannot take Debo home that very day, he told her his problems. I believe she needs to seek consent from her husband first. Maybe you should adjust that area.

'Segun decided to leave his brother to die,if Banke cannot foot the bill'- That sentence is too harsh. Try and rephrase the words. He will have human feelings, he can't just leave his brother to die because he cannot foot the bill.

You are getting there gradually. Keep it up!
Re: What Cant Kill, Makes One Stronger by bigwig97(m): 9:31pm On Mar 26, 2015
Babe2sure:
Good story. I am enjoying it.
But there are some mistakes I want you to correct.
- All names should start with capital letters. Whether at the beginning of a sentence or in the middle -i.e Ade,Debo,Segun
- The village name should always start with capital letter. Whether at the beginning of a sentence or in the middle of a sentence also - Albani village.
- The herbalist was introduced as Ifayemi at the beginning, you later started using Fayemi. Except you intentionally shorten his name, it will be good to retain either of the two.
- After putting full stop at the end of a sentence. Always start the next word with capital letter.
- Space the story properly for enjoying read.
- Know when to use gods(the herbalist place) and God(when someone's prayer is answered). You kept using god for the two. it's wrong.
The story is too fast paced:
The doctor cannot take Debo home that very day, he told her his problems. I believe she needs to seek consent from her husband first. Maybe you should adjust that area.
'Segun decided to leave his brother to die,if Banke cannot foot the bill'- That sentence is too harsh. Try and rephrase the words. He will have human feelings, he can't just leave his brother to die because he cannot foot the bill.
You are getting there gradually. Keep it up!
wow! I really love this. Infact I can categorically say you made today my greatest day on NL because of this constructive critics of yours. All what you've said would be corrected ASAP.
About capitalizing, this is mainingly because i'm using phone to type,and you know how easy it is to change from capital to small and vice versa on phone (ironically). But I will amend sha.
Fayemi is short form of writing Ifayemi.
Other aspects too will be reviewed and amended as i've said earlier.
Thanks, ma
Re: What Cant Kill, Makes One Stronger by Babe2sure(f): 11:31pm On Mar 26, 2015
bigwig97:
wow! I really love this. Infact I can categorically say you made today my greatest day on NL because of this constructive critics of yours. All what you've said would be corrected ASAP.
About capitalizing, this is mainingly because i'm using phone to type,and you know how easy it is to change from capital to small and vice versa on phone (ironically). But I will amend sha.
Fayemi is short form of writing Ifayemi.
Other aspects too will be reviewed and amended as i've said earlier.
Thanks, ma

You are welcome. smiley
Re: What Cant Kill, Makes One Stronger by bigwig97(m): 11:37pm On Mar 26, 2015
Dedicated to Babe2sure
__Continuation__
Banke just finished cooking lunch for herself and her son, whom she expected to return from school in few minutes. She sat on a chair in the living room wanting to relax and think about what Wole told her earlier in the day when she was at Sola's place. She tried as much as she can to remember all their conversation. She closed her eyes and everything that happened and was said appeared before her just as if she was watching a movie / was in a trance.
-Flash back-
"Wole, you can now come in" Sola beckoned to Wole, who had being in the backyard since Banke's arrival.
"Wole, so you are the one!!!" Banke asked a question that looked liked an exclamation
"Banke, calm down. and listen to what he has to say" Sola told Banke.
"But how can I? Wole is one of my husband's closest friends. Infact he played a very significant role during Ade's burial and you know that quite alright. Even if I'm gonna marry once again, not to Wole!" Banke said in a strong but calm manner. Her statement made Sola stare at Wole who sighed and sat on the seat very close to sola. Silence then enveloped the whole room.
"Wole, you haven't said anything?" Sola broke the silence.
"wha..at? ehnen? what sho..uld I s..ay?"Wole struggled to talk. Sola moved her mouth close to his ear and said "you are a man, for Christ's sake and don't forget you love her"
Wole turned and looked at Sola then something, only God knows, triggered him to move his seat close to Banke and he stared at her for a minute before saying "Banke, ever in my life I only fell in love twice. The first time was when we were in Abani high school. And I tried my best to make sure I marry this first love of mine but I was just too slow that a friend of mine won this girl's heart even before I made a move. so I had no choice than to leave my friend and his girl friend, whom I loved so dearly." he paused to check Banke's reaction. She seemed to be interested in his story and he continued "I forced myself to love again when I wanted marry my wife, Laide. And that was the second time I fell in love"
"Forced yourself to love? why?" Banke asked voluntarily
" hmm!, 'cause my first and real lover wasn't part of my life. so I couldn't love again"
"eeyah!" Banke said with pity written over her face.
"Banke" wole called.
"yes"
"you are my first love" he splitted out
"That can't be!"
"It is, Sola can testify to it. She had caught me staring at you times without number and I told her I love you. She was even the one that told me you were going out with Ade, my close friend"
"Sola, Is that so?"
"yes."
"Why didn't you inform me?"
"I didn't want to bother you when you already had Ade" Sola defended herself.
"ok. everything is now clear to me. But i can't marry Wole of all people"
"But why? I love you and I'm wealthy. What else do you want? Your son? I will take care of him as far as he is my friend's son."
"won't it look like we betray Ade?"
"Not at all, Ade too did the same to me. I told him about you and he went behind me to date you, so there's nothing wrong"
"are you using this as a revenge?" Banke asked
"no, how can I?" Wole replied her with a smile.
Banke returned the smile and Wole signalled to Sola, who left the living room to give the two would-be love birds some privacy.
Then Wole went on his knees, saying "Banke, will you marry me?
Re: What Cant Kill, Makes One Stronger by Babe2sure(f): 6:37am On Mar 27, 2015
Thanks for the dedication.

Hmmm......Wole warming his way back to his so called first love heart. cheesy
Hope, Ade died a natural death? Hope the tuberculosis he suffered, is a natural one? I will keep my fingers crossed to see how event unfolds.
Re: What Cant Kill, Makes One Stronger by bigwig97(m): 7:06am On Mar 27, 2015
Babe2sure:
Thanks for the dedication.

Hmmm......Wale warming his way back to his so called first love heart. cheesy
Hope, Ade died a natural death? Hope the tuberculosis he suffered, is a natural one? I will keep my fingers crossed to see how event unfolds.
you are welcome and good morning, hope you slept well? stay tuned as your questions would be answered.
Re: What Cant Kill, Makes One Stronger by Babe2sure(f): 7:20am On Mar 27, 2015
bigwig97:
you are welcome and good morning, hope you slept well? stay tuned as your questions would be answered.

Morning! Yeah, I did.
Okay. Patiently waiting.....
Re: What Cant Kill, Makes One Stronger by Naturehibrid(m): 8:04am On Mar 27, 2015
Wale the lover man, i just hope he had no hand in ade's death. Anyways good work kipitup
Re: What Cant Kill, Makes One Stronger by bigwig97(m): 8:58am On Mar 27, 2015
Naturehibrid:
Wale the lover man, i just hope he had no hand in ade's death. Anyways good work kipitup
hmm.. thanks
Re: What Cant Kill, Makes One Stronger by bigwig97(m): 11:02am On Mar 27, 2015
To Readers,
Please note that i made a mistake in my last update. I missed up the name of the 'so-called' lover man, lolz..
His name is Wole, not Wale. Wale is the doctor's husband.
Expect today's update before 9pm, as usual. Thanks.
Re: What Cant Kill, Makes One Stronger by bigwig97(m): 9:17pm On Mar 27, 2015
Dedicated To Naturalhybrid And D9ty7
__Continuation__
The following day, Kunle returned from school and met his mum seated in the livingroom.
"Good afternoon, mum" Kunle greeted Banke for the umpteenth time, "she didn't reply. She seemed to be lost in thought" he concluded. "But what can be wrong with mum?" he asked within himself. He moved close to her and tapped her. Banke suddenly wanted to jump out of her seat, she didn't know what came over her until her son told her he had being greeting her for about 5 minutes which she didn't respond to any of his greetings.
"My wonderful son, don't be annoyed with me, it's just that the challenges I'm facing these days are bothering me?" was all she could say.
"How on earth would i be annoyed with a sweet mother like you? mum, don't let issues bother you too much. My teacher taught me and my mates about a disease called hypertension, and she made us realize that it is caused by too much thinking. So mum try to avoid thinking so as to prevent this deadly disease"
Banke was impressed with the manner in which her son spoke, "Very intelligent, just like his father" she thought. "Ok. thanks boy. I will" She said hugging him. "Now go in to change your cloth". Kunle turned to leave but turned back when he remembered he had it in mind to ask his mother about somethings.
"Mum" he called out
"Yes, any problem?"
"None, it's just that I want to ask you why dad has not returned from where you said he travelled to. What's delaying him?" he asked.
Banke shocked. she wasn't expecting such question from him so she didn't know what to tell him. But she had too cook up something fast so that the nine-year old kunle would be emotionally down due to his father's death. He loved his father passionately and she knew that!
"Ermmm! I forgot to tell you he sent a message to me. He said he would be back in a month time, because the farm work is just too much. Infact I would have love to show you his letter but I forgot it in sola's house. Hope you understand" Banke lied. She had to add the "letter lie" to it to avoid smart Kunle from asking to see the letter.
"Do you think I will buy that?" Kunle asked with a serious look
"What do you mean?" Banke asked pretending not to know what he was talking about.
"Enough of all these pretense, mum! ok, let of come out straight. Dad travelled, right?" He asked with heavy sarcasm.
"yes" Banke said without noticing the manner in which her son
"Lies! how come my classmates told me mr wole, daddy's friend, wants to marry you?"
Banke was dumb-founded.
"How come what happened yesterday in sola's sitting room has become a talk me the town? Abani village and gossips sha? but what will i tell this boy before me?" she thought.
"mum. talk to me!" Kunle screamed
"Ok, first of all, I'm very sorry for lying to you all this while. Secondly, the issue at hand is that you dad is dead" She was forced to confess to him.
"What?" Kunle fell down on his kneels and began to weep and wail uncontrollably.
Mother and son cried till they had no energy left in them.

*tbc*
Re: What Cant Kill, Makes One Stronger by D9ty7(m): 11:00pm On Mar 27, 2015
bigwig97:
Dedicated To Naturalhybrid And D9ty7
Re: What Cant Kill, Makes One Stronger by bigwig97(m): 11:07pm On Mar 27, 2015
D9ty7:

This one that I got a dedication from you. I appreciate it boss. But sorry to disappoint you, I can't drop my 2k. That's all I have in bank, I will only drop 2kobo.
You have a good thing going on here. I wanna write and be like you when I grow up.
lolz. Atleast u dropped something, thanks.
You're kidding me, right? I'm the one that's meant to be like you not you like me.
Re: What Cant Kill, Makes One Stronger by Nobody: 11:07pm On Mar 27, 2015
let me follow this
Re: What Cant Kill, Makes One Stronger by bigwig97(m): 11:09pm On Mar 27, 2015
prettydiva89:
let me follow this
You are welcome,ma. I promise you won't regret following
Re: What Cant Kill, Makes One Stronger by Naturehibrid(m): 3:11am On Mar 28, 2015
Good work. i have always wanted to write something, funny enough when i sleep i get title of books but then i would not be able to come up with something. With all my oga at the top here on nairaland, i wil get the needed push. Tnks 4 d update and dedication.
Re: What Cant Kill, Makes One Stronger by Nobody: 7:42am On Mar 28, 2015
Missmossy:

I won't refuse you missmossy
But have been busy
But I'd find time to
Thanks for calling me here though
Re: What Cant Kill, Makes One Stronger by bigwig97(m): 8:19am On Mar 28, 2015
Naturehibrid:
Good work. i have always wanted to write something, funny enough when i sleep i get title of books but then i would not be able to come up with something. With all my oga at the top here on nairaland, i wil get the needed push. Tnks 4 d update and dedication.
don't mention bro. good morning.
Re: What Cant Kill, Makes One Stronger by bigwig97(m): 8:20am On Mar 28, 2015
signor11:

I won't refuse you missmossy
But have been busy
But I'd find time to
Thanks for calling me here though
better. u must find time, sir!
Re: What Cant Kill, Makes One Stronger by Nobody: 8:22am On Mar 28, 2015
bigwig97:
better. u must find time, sir!

Unhmm
Bidwig97
I'd do so
Nice job in advance

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Poem : A Farewell To My Late Mother Part One / Oyinkan Braithwaite For International Women's Prize / My First Day In Maritime Academy-True Story

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.