Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,015 members, 7,817,992 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:26 AM

What Cant Kill, Makes One Stronger - Literature (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / What Cant Kill, Makes One Stronger (8929 Views)

POEM: We Are Stronger! / We Are Stronger! / Keeping A Stronger Circle Of Friends (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Cant Kill, Makes One Stronger by bigwig97(m): 12:01pm On Dec 31, 2014
kingphilip, onemansquad, toykaythy, zyzxx, mariamferanmi, stuff46 and other ghost reader.... ur silence is killing me... come do sumtin abt t.... and hapi new yr in advance
Re: What Cant Kill, Makes One Stronger by Emzypaz(m): 12:30pm On Dec 31, 2014
Its the end of the year and we have decided to have an award for one Literature-lander who has done a lot this year. That person whose stories have influenced you, that person whose comments have made a positive change.
VOTE FOR THE LITERATURE SECTION PERSON OF THE YEAR; https://www.nairaland.com/2067377/literature-section-person-year-award#29364922.
Voting ends 8pm tonight and results would be announced by 11:59pm.
Bigwig97, I didn't mean to derail your thread. Accept my apologies please
Re: What Cant Kill, Makes One Stronger by bigwig97(m): 1:50pm On Dec 31, 2014
*continuation*
banke bathed and dressed kunle,her son in his school uniform, she was going to take him to school before going to market. she rushed into her bedroom and lifted her bed up. under her bed was a hole which is approximately 30cm deep. she do keep her money in the hole because the nearest bank to abani village was very far. banke brought out all the money in her 'hole-bank', counted it and was glad the money would be enough for what she wanted to buy. she ran to the big room, which served as their sittingroom, to meet segun and inform him that she was on her way to the market to buy the needed. segun was happy banke was able to raise the fund without digging a hole in his pocket, so to make him look responsible, he requested to be allowed to go get the needed stuffs but banke refused vehemently claiming that she didnt want to bother him. then,he told her to hurry up to save time as he would stay at home with ade,since she won't allow him to go. banke rushed out of the house with a 'jet speed'.
immediately banke left, ade started coughing. segun ran to get him a rag for him to spit his stained sputum on
________
doctor was surprised to meet such a scene... seeing debo postrating and pleading with tear all over his face made her pity the poor lad. she forgot to greet her husband and didnt even hear her daughter who was welcoming her. she went to debo,embraced him and asked him what the problem was. debo told her what happened and also tried to convince her of his innocence. she believed him at once and the question 'who then stole the money?' popped up in her mind. but she chose to just ignore the question for that moment. she left debo after patting him and went to her husband, who was already fuming about his wife's initial behaviour of ignoring her real family just because of an adopted thief. when lolade saw her husband's gloomy countenance, she remember she had not greeted him. immediately she went on her knees to greet and apologize. wale wanted to laugh because of the little acting lolade put up but his laughter fade away immediately his eyes met debo's eyes... he felt like kill him..
*tbc*
Re: What Cant Kill, Makes One Stronger by bigwig97(m): 1:51pm On Dec 31, 2014
Emzypaz:
Its the end of the year and we have decided to have an award for one Literature-lander who has done a lot this year. That person whose stories have influenced you, that person whose comments have made a positive change.
VOTE FOR THE LITERATURE SECTION PERSON OF THE YEAR; https://www.nairaland.com/2067377/literature-section-person-year-award#29364922.
Re: What Cant Kill, Makes One Stronger by bigwig97(m): 1:53pm On Dec 31, 2014
Emzypaz:
no problem...apology accepted
Re: What Cant Kill, Makes One Stronger by zyzxx(m): 7:16pm On Dec 31, 2014
bigwig97:
kingphilip, onemansquad, toykaythy, zyzxx, mariamferanmi, stuff46 and other ghost reader.... ur silence is killing me... come do sumtin abt t.... and hapi new yr in advance
I loose dis tread mistakenly,...
Thanks for d mention.
Re: What Cant Kill, Makes One Stronger by Onemansquad(m): 8:22pm On Dec 31, 2014
Bigwig97 9c 1 jst dnt wory d comments wil cum jst kip 'em cumin
calls stuff46,tecno4life,uthman51,fembleez1, bluestarry
Re: What Cant Kill, Makes One Stronger by bigwig97(m): 8:34pm On Dec 31, 2014
Onemansquad:
Bigwig97 9c 1 jst dnt wory d comments wil cum jst kip 'em cumin
calls stuff46,tecno4life,uthman51,fembleez1, bluestarry
k.... thanks
Re: What Cant Kill, Makes One Stronger by bigwig97(m): 8:35pm On Dec 31, 2014
hebenz comment before u go oh!
Re: What Cant Kill, Makes One Stronger by bigwig97(m): 8:36pm On Dec 31, 2014
zyzxx:
I loose dis tread mistakenly,...
Thanks for d mention.
welcum back oga
Re: What Cant Kill, Makes One Stronger by zyzxx(m): 8:39pm On Dec 31, 2014
bigwig97:
welcum back oga
thanks sir, Apy new year
Re: What Cant Kill, Makes One Stronger by bigwig97(m): 8:59pm On Dec 31, 2014
zyzxx:
thanks sir, Apy new year
wish u the same...
Re: What Cant Kill, Makes One Stronger by Uthman51(m): 7:25am On Jan 01, 2015
I don carry my new born baby come...make u come gv d baby update oo
Re: What Cant Kill, Makes One Stronger by bigwig97(m): 7:47am On Jan 01, 2015
Uthman51:
I don carry my new born baby come...make u come gv d baby update oo
whats the baby's name?
Re: What Cant Kill, Makes One Stronger by bigwig97(m): 7:49am On Jan 01, 2015
hmm... welcome to 2015.. god wil make u and ur family to swim in the rivers of abundance...happy new month!! cheer!
Re: What Cant Kill, Makes One Stronger by hebenz(m): 1:15pm On Jan 01, 2015
following... i'm sure u wont disappoint... love d beginning
Re: What Cant Kill, Makes One Stronger by bigwig97(m): 1:48pm On Jan 01, 2015
hebenz:
following... i'm sure u wont disappoint... love d beginning
thanks dude..... hapi new yr
Re: What Cant Kill, Makes One Stronger by bigwig97(m): 2:25pm On Jan 01, 2015
Dedicated To Uthman51's Baby And My Dearest Reader..
______
*continuation*
Banke took the white cloth and other materials to Fayemi's hut before returning home to carry Ade to fayemi's hut. Fayemi was surprise to see them 'you are so quick about' he said. who wont be quick when it comes to matter of life and death?. he swang into action. he said 'i will take care of my own part of the deal. by midnight, the sacrifice will be offered to the gods and by tomorrow you will see changes in ade and he will recover fully in two days' time'. Banke knelt down, 'great one, thank you very much. may u live long' segun also praised him.
'no problem. just make sure u come back to thank the gods once is healed', Fayemi said as he bid the farewell. Banke felt relieved and her faith in the gods grew. On the other side, fayemi knew ade's illness wasn't afflicted on him by the gods. From the symptoms, he guessed the illness to be tuberculosis. But out of greedy,he wanted to make money out of them, thus, the sacrifice. He laughed wickedly and packed the materials banke brought into his store.
_____
"honey, please let's forget what he did and pardon him" doctor lolade said. 'you can forgive him but why should i? he's a thief for christ sake' wale replied without looking at his wife 'u have to because he has no where to go and i dont think he is the one that stole the money' lolade answered. 'woman look here! tola and debo were the only one we left at home this morning. now my money is missing, this implies that either of them took it. i'm sure my own daughter cant steal then who is the thief here? the stranger u brought of course' tola who had been silent since her mum's arrival grinned sheepishly after wale replied lolade. 'honey, calm down. you and i know children of now-a-days are unpredictable. they can do anything in their parents absence' lolade said without thinking. her statement gave wale an edge over her, 'yes thats it' he shouted. 'debo can do anything behind you' he added. lolade was silent, she knew her husband wont succumb if the argument should continue. she decided to plead on debo's behalf. but wale wont listen, 'see it's lyk you will have to choose between me and debo' he said thereby throwing lolade in a dilemma..
*tbc*
Re: What Cant Kill, Makes One Stronger by stuff46(m): 2:27pm On Jan 01, 2015
sorry biqwiq, i am at anambra state and the problem of liqht is affectinq badly. So the rate of my comments here and on litrature section would reduce.

Riqht now am usinq my 6taz phone read through updates,buh with my little readinq, i came across some ...

1. 'without digging an
hole in his pocket' - i think its a hole (no need for to much talkinq on it)

2. The rate at which you are rushinq the story. It just make the story loose its taste and inturn confuse the reader.

3. At the 2 or 3 last update, when debo was in the hospital. When the doctor came by, you should atleast ensured a comprehensive conservation to enable the doctor know if the culprit isnt fakinq up the story about loosinq his father or somethinq of such.

And still on that update, when the doctor came, debo never asked the doctor what he was doinq there and i saw the doctor tellinq him when and how he was admitted. It just make the doctor act like a madman.

Hope you understand. Nice work though
Re: What Cant Kill, Makes One Stronger by bigwig97(m): 2:33pm On Jan 01, 2015
stuff46:
sorry biqwiq, i am at anambra state and the problem of liqht is affectinq badly. So the rate of my comments here and on litrature section would reduce.

Riqht now am usinq my 6taz phone read through updates,buh with my little readinq, i came across some ...

1. 'without digging an
hole in his pocket' - i think its a hole (no need for to much talkinq on it)

2. The rate at which you are rushinq the story. It just make the story loose its taste and inturn confuse the reader.

3. At the 2 or 3 last update, when debo was in the hospital. When the doctor came by, you should atleast ensured a comprehensive conservation to enable the doctor know if the culprit isnt fakinq up the story about loosinq his father or somethinq of such.

And still on that update, when the doctor came, debo never asked the doctor what he was doinq there and i saw the doctor tellinq him when and how he was admitted. It just make the doctor act like a madman.

Hope you understand. Nice work though
i understand u wella... i will make amendment ASAP... m so happy critics are rolling in... thanks sir
Re: What Cant Kill, Makes One Stronger by Uthman51(m): 5:20pm On Jan 01, 2015
Thanks for d dedication bro..
Re: What Cant Kill, Makes One Stronger by Uthman51(m): 5:25pm On Jan 01, 2015
Thanks for d dedication bro..Her name is Abiodun
Re: What Cant Kill, Makes One Stronger by bigwig97(m): 8:11pm On Jan 01, 2015
Uthman51:
Thanks for d dedication bro..Her name is Abiodun
wow! m also abiodun..lol
Re: What Cant Kill, Makes One Stronger by bigwig97(m): 2:22pm On Jan 03, 2015
-continuation-
wake's statement was like a blow to lolade. she sat lazily on the two-seater tola sat on. she thought of what will become of her if she divorces wale. will she divorce her husband because of a stranger? she remembered all what she went through before wale eventually married her.
-- FLASHBACK --
wale had just been employed into the fastest growing bank in the country. he was good-looking and wealthy. before he was 28, he had built his own house and had cars of his own. every spinster wanted to marry him. there was one of these ladies who went to the extent of getting him drunk,made him sleep with her and eventually got pregnant.this lady's name was sola. sola forced the pregnancy on wale. wale had no choice than to accept because he didnt want to have any child out of wedlock. he didnt like her because she wasn't as beautiful as he wanted his wife to be and wasnt as educated as he was. wale was unhappy with himself because he entered her trap. sola's parents weren't helping matters as they tried to ensure they get married as fast as possible. wale couldn't object but sola did. she said 'mum and dad, i would like to do that after my baby's delivery' 'why?' her mother asked. "because i wont like to stress myself and seeing myself wearing wedding gown with this big stomach wont make sense. hope you understand me, mum?" "no problem just make sure you don't waste time" "owkay mum" wale was happy that their marriage would be delayed, 'maybe God would have intervened before then' he thought. all was well until few months later when God granted wale's wish, sola had miscarriage!. she cried like a baby. she knew the only thing she could use to make wale hers was gone, she regretted going against her parents advise she would have been on a safer side if wale was already married to her. when wale heard the news he was very happy "at last i'm free" was all he could say he didnt even pity her. sola was ashamed of herself and left him for good. on the other hand, lolade had learnt to do all what wale likes but all her efforts to get him was fruitless. she was almost lossing her patience when wale, all of a sudden, started developing interest in her and with God on her side they eventually got married.
-BACK TO REALITY -
'wale, i never knew you were this mean. the issue on ground is not up to you making it be to the detriment of our marriage. wale i also want you to know that what am about to do now is all your fault, i never prayed to do this throughout my life but i have to do it now..........." lolade paused to clean the tears that involuntarily dropped from her eyes. wale was troubled, he was not sure of what she was going to do, "what will she do? divorce? but all what i said was just an empty threat' wale said to himself silently. 'will mum divorce dad because of the #2000 i stole?" tola soliloquized. debo too was baffled, 'what's she up to?' he asked quietly.
*tbc*
Re: What Cant Kill, Makes One Stronger by bigwig97(m): 4:25pm On Jan 04, 2015
*continuation*
silence enveloped the sittingroom, everyone to his/her own thought. then lolade continued "it will look as if i'm insane if i should choose debo at the expense of my marriage... ",she paused and looked at debo. wale's mind came back to rest. "debo, there's nothing i can do about this, so you will have to go." her voice trailed off and tears rolled down her cheeks. tola wondered why her mum was crying because debo would leave, but wale knew the reason, 'but how can a thief live with me" he thought. lolade remembered her past, her parents died when she was a teenager. she had to struggle to fend for herself since no one cared about her well-being. without minding what she was passing through, she remained faithful to god. she used to pray and fast fervently. about a year later god answered her prayers, one of her relatives decided to turn over a new leaf, her took care of lolade, and sent her to school. debo accepted his fate, he went to his room and came out with a 'ghana must go' bag which contained his clothes. lolade walked to his side and hugged him. she gave him three #1000 notes and bade him farewell. tola was just sitted without knowing whether to bid him farewell or do otherwise. wale didnt feel any pain in his heart because to him debo was nothing but a thief. debo carried his bag and walked towards the exit.
ade's health wasn't improving at all, it was even getting worse instead. banke was worried she didnt know what to do next. even segun himself, had gone to confront fayemi, but the latter told him to be patient that the gods would heal ade very soon. ade was getting thinner day-by-day. it was obvious that he wont survive the illness except god intervene. the illness had gotten to the extent that his voice could not be heard any longer. his mouth started moving, banke knew he was trying to talk to her so she moved closer to him and placed her ears close to his mouth and she heard him saying 'banke, i want to use this medium to thank you for all what you've done to ensure i'm healed,but the plan of the gods is different from ours. help of to take care of kunle, our son, if i die" banke became afraid and she shouted "noo! don't talk like that you will not die, never! just ....." she stopped talking when she saw ade giving up the ghost. ade was dead!
*tbc*
Re: What Cant Kill, Makes One Stronger by Nobody: 10:38pm On Jan 05, 2015
#following.....
Re: What Cant Kill, Makes One Stronger by bigwig97(m): 11:34pm On Jan 05, 2015
marioking:
#following.....
welcome on board... move straight to front seat boss
Re: What Cant Kill, Makes One Stronger by bigwig97(m): 11:38pm On Jan 05, 2015
i wanna apologize for not updating 2day.... school(FUNAAB) just resume fully and i was kind of busy 2ruout..
Also, tomorrow jan. 6 z my birthday, so, i will want you guyz to pray 4 me and send your wishes as well.
thanks
Re: What Cant Kill, Makes One Stronger by Kujan20: 7:56am On Jan 06, 2015
Happy bday Bro.....wishing u d very best ......carry on jare....I dey enjoy d story......enjoy its ur day
Re: What Cant Kill, Makes One Stronger by bigwig97(m): 2:47pm On Jan 06, 2015
Kujan20:
Happy bday Bro.....wishing u d very best ......carry on jare....I dey enjoy d story......enjoy its ur day
thanks
Re: What Cant Kill, Makes One Stronger by Nobody: 3:19pm On Jan 06, 2015
Nice story
Re: What Cant Kill, Makes One Stronger by bigwig97(m): 8:02am On Jan 17, 2015
dedicated to kujan20 and jollyjoy.
-CHAPTER 3-
Debo roamed about the street for about a week,if not for the money lolade gave him he would have been starved to death. he didn't want to return to hawking because of fear of being cheated by heartless beings. debo thought of how he would make ends meet and go to school also. as he was thinking, a black board in front of a small shop caught his attention, he went close to the board to read what was written on it. 'sales boy needed...' debo read what was on the board without reading the details, he thought of whether he should apply or not. he decided to try his fate, walked into the shop and greeted the woman in the shop. judging from the woman's look, she should be in her mid forties, 'how may i help you?' the woman asked after responding to his greeting. 'ma, i learnt sales boy is needed here and i want to apply ma' debo answered..
-tbc-

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Poem : A Farewell To My Late Mother Part One / Oyinkan Braithwaite For International Women's Prize / My First Day In Maritime Academy-True Story

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.