Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,448 members, 7,816,036 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:11 AM

Why Do Nigerians Hate Local Rice? - Food (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Why Do Nigerians Hate Local Rice? (24281 Views)

Why Do Nigerians Prefer To Eat Meat At The End Of Their Meal? / Why Do Nigerians Cook Their Stew So Much? / Nessa-fel Ofada Rice (100% Natural. Stone And Smell Free Unpolished Local Rice) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Local Rice? by OpraMenu(m): 10:58am On Jan 06, 2015
Amisec:
I don't know why people buy the cheap local rice and then complain of stones, the local rice I have been eating is far costlier than most foreign rice and I haven't noticed any stone.

who told you there are cheap, this your statement shows that 1. you've never been to your home town if you have any. 2. you've never been to the market talk more of pricing the rice. 3. you didn't ask questions before making your comment. 4. you didn't read other comments. before commenting.
for your information Local rice is more expensive than your so called FOREIGN RICE.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Local Rice? by Amisec: 4:06pm On Jan 06, 2015
Guy, is it so hard to comprehend my comment? or you just read half of it?

OpraMenu:

who told you there are cheap, this your statement shows that 1. you've never been to your home town if you have any. 2. you've never been to the market talk more of pricing the rice. 3. you didn't ask questions before making your comment. 4. you didn't read other comments. before commenting.
for your information Local rice is more expensive than your so called FOREIGN RICE.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Local Rice? by Jibola77: 10:57am On Jul 14, 2017
The main problem Ofada /abakaliki rice is having is not really the problem of nutrition. Theres a million other nutritious food around that can be EASILY gotten. That's the main problem, it's HARD to get Ofada rice. but look all around you, normal white rice everywhere.

Currently, I live in Lagos and buy my rice online from www.ofadarice.com . is it more expensive than normal white rice? yes. But hey, health is wealth.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Local Rice? by Goldman360: 7:41am On Oct 13, 2017
Genetic Characterization of Abakaliki Rice Using Random Amplified Polymorphic DNA Maker (RAPD)

Rice is a cereal given containing high content of carbohydrate (i.e. it is an energy given food). It is a staple food that is commonly consumed in half of the world population. Rice is a nutritional crop contain one-fourth of the calories consumed by humans (Smith and Bruce D, 1998)

http://www.scharticles.com/characterizing-some-selected-abakaliki-rice-genetically-using-rapd/
Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Local Rice? by Bomgirl(f): 4:00pm On Oct 15, 2017
We always eat local abakaliki rice. My mum buys and sends to us. It's 7k a bushel and 200 for de-stoning. Very tasty.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Local Rice? by Probz(m): 5:02pm On Oct 15, 2017
Local rice doesn’t work for foreign food (jollof rice, fried rice). It’s good for white rice and that’s it.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Have You Ever Got A Bone Stuck In Your Throat? How Did You Remove It? / Roasted Corn VS Boiled Corn / How To Cook Nigerian Fish Stew

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.