Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,197 members, 7,825,756 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 10:19 PM

"Hail Zeus"? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / "Hail Zeus"? (791 Views)

Christians Worship Zeus As Their Christ With All Their Heart, Soul And Strength / What Is The Connection Between Jesus And Zeus? / Why Christians Ignorantly Oppose The Theory Of Evolution (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

"Hail Zeus"? by Nobody: 10:15am On Dec 25, 2014
Researchers put it that in order to facilitate the conversions of Pagans (Greeks) to Christians, the name "Yahushua" was first translated to "Iesus", then finally "Jesus". Having noted that, Aramaic ("Jesus'" native dialect) doesn't use the letter "J", but uses the letter "Y" instead in many notable Aramaic names.

The choice of using "Jesus" was suitable because it very much resembled "Zeus" and as well very much appreciable by the Greeks, as analyzed below;
"J" = "Ie" = "Hail"
"Sus" = "Sous" = "Zeus"
Therefore, Je'sus = Hail Zeus

Some folks say the name doesn't matter because The Almighty Himself caused the diversity of tongues at The Tower of Babel. But how would you feel if your name were "Saint Divine" but people called you "Snake Divide"?

Please, I'm not professing anything here, but merely awaiting the scrutiny of folks with sound reasoning. I need the sages in the house to assist me with providing useful hints and links (where necessary) because I'm not just reading here but seeking.
Re: "Hail Zeus"? by Nobody: 10:22am On Dec 25, 2014
I only know yeshua ,who is Jesus?
Re: "Hail Zeus"? by mkpakanaodogwu(m): 10:52am On Dec 25, 2014
Observing

(1) (Reply)

I Kept My Virginity, But Not My Purity / Three Popular Musicians Will Die; One Of Them Is A Young Boy -Johnson Suleman / (photo) Guess What Is Wrong With Her?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.