Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,841 members, 7,828,062 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 11:13 PM

My Little Dilemma - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Little Dilemma (6630 Views)

I Am In A Dilemma / A Mother's Dilemma In An Rccg Creche / Happy Birthday To My Little Princess (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Little Dilemma by tron23(m): 8:01pm On Dec 25, 2014
Lol, thanks everyone. I am grateful for all your advice. I just needed to clear my head, God bless you all. Thanks nairaland.
Re: My Little Dilemma by Evina(f): 8:06pm On Dec 25, 2014
cococandy:
mmm. Do you think your contribution is informed?

Actually, you are not in a position to ask such a question, as this thread is not about you.

One more thing, I don't have whatever it is you have been frantically searching for. So quit your attempts at derailing threads with my posts. cool

2 Likes

Re: My Little Dilemma by Nobody: 8:13pm On Dec 25, 2014
pickabeau1:
Frankly Aisha2 you have said too much
If a man can't understand neglect of family is a bad thing..he is still debating up n down
The man is enjoying his debate with the lady evina
When his baby comes
They will use nylon as diaper
While the pastors will continue buying private jets
Lol @ debating up and down when baby comes and cost of diapers hit him plus others adjustment go be by force no one will tell anybody to stop spending anyhow. Babies no dey hear or understand say money no dey
Re: My Little Dilemma by cococandy(f): 8:15pm On Dec 25, 2014
Evina:

Actually, you are not in a position to ask such a question, as this thread is not about you.

One more thing, I don't have whatever it is you have been frantically searching for. So quit your attempts at derailing threads with my posts. cool

Another one is feeling important.
undecided

Pls concentrate on the thread as it is not about you either.
If you don't want people with different opinions, then don't comment on threads because there will always be ppl who don't agree with you.

See your mumu self trying to guilt OP into thinking his not spending his money on already wealthy pastor is a crime.

4 Likes

Re: My Little Dilemma by pickabeau1: 8:20pm On Dec 25, 2014
aisha2:

Lol @ debating up and down when baby comes and cost of diapers hit him plus others adjustment go be by force no one will tell anybody to stop spending anyhow. Babies no dey hear or understand say money no dey

I directed him to the tithing thread as I did not want unnecessary theological discussions here

Tithing was ordained for the Jews to show appreciation to God and was for their own benefit
They were however to remember the wifows , orphans and the Levites who had no inheritance

Also to tithe you must have a minimum quantity of animals...every tenth.this was to ensure that the leas privileged did not bother

If I have 9 cows how can I tithe

But he loves the back n forth anyway...

3 Likes

Re: My Little Dilemma by Nobody: 8:24pm On Dec 25, 2014
cococandy:

undecided
If you don't want people with different opinions, then don't comment on threads because there will always be ppl who don't agree with you.
See your mumu self trying to guilt OP into thinking his not spending his money on already wealthy pastor is a crime.

Don't blame her oh. The pastors do great work with brainwashing and guilting members into giving contrary to the cheerful and heartfelt giving Jesus taught
infact if you sit and listen to some of these pastors you will be tempted to carry gun and rob because you will feel the urgency to bring money now now now now lol.

Its good to give to Gods work and missions but not the forceful guilt induced methodology used today.

7 Likes

Re: My Little Dilemma by Nobody: 8:26pm On Dec 25, 2014
pickabeau1:

I directed him to the tithing thread as I did not want unnecessary theological discussions here

Tithing was ordained for the Jews to show appreciation to God and was for their own benefit
They were however to remember the wifows , orphans and the Levites who had no inheritance

Also to tithe you must have a minimum quantity of animals...every tenth.this was to ensure that the leas privileged did not bother

If I have 9 cows how can I tithe

But he loves the back n forth anyway...

It is years of twisting the bible he is up against. Most people only start thinking when reality like this sets in. If our brother cant read the bible himself and understand the true concept of giving for himself why will he be bothered to read that long thread lol
Re: My Little Dilemma by cococandy(f): 8:28pm On Dec 25, 2014
aisha2:

Don't blame her oh. The pastors do great work with brainwashing and guilting members into giving contrary to the cheerful and heartfelt giving Jesus taught
infact if you sit and listen to some of these pastors you will be tempted to carry gun and rob because you will feel the urgency to bring money now now now now lol.

Its good to give to Gods work and missions but not the forceful guilt induced methodology used today.
Even in debt these people are not afraid to borrow more to give to already wealthy pastors who's kids are all schooling abroad. When their own kids school fees for the next semester is nowhere around complete.
Neither will the pastors make it possible for them to enrol their kids into the schools built with the members hard earned tithes.

I've to have garri where my brain is supposed to be before I can be brainwashed into such asinine way of reasoning.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Little Dilemma by pickabeau1: 8:29pm On Dec 25, 2014
aisha2:

It is years of twisting the bible he is up against. Most people only start thinking when reality like this sets in. If our brother cant read the bible himself and understand the true concept of giving for himself why will he be bothered to read that long thread lol

Exactly

However not all ministries embark on manipulative giving

1 Like

Re: My Little Dilemma by Evina(f): 8:34pm On Dec 25, 2014
cococandy:

undecided

cheesy how deluded can one get?

You have been jumping on my posts, looking for what I don't know nor care to know. I gave you the benefit of the doubt. But the hallucinations spewed on this post of yours has revealed the issues you have with yourself.

Madam Coco, I don notice you, I hope you can sleep happy now. grin

3 Likes

Re: My Little Dilemma by cococandy(f): 8:35pm On Dec 25, 2014
Op God will not be happy with you if your wife has that baby without you guys making any solid plans to take care of it.

In fact I blame you for coming to your senses too late. You should have stopped a long time ago even before your wife took in to prepare for raising a family.
Kids are expensive.
Every kid deserves the best the parents can afford. By now, all the money to take care of its needs up to one year of age should have been saved and kept aside in anticipation of its arrival.

Buckle up fast, 2months is a tight squeeze but you can still put something aside that will count at the moment of birth. Just CUT down on every unnecessary expenditure including TITHE and offering (yes I said it)

You can make sacrifices to give to the less privileged but you can't punish a new born infant to give to already wealthy men. There's no sense in that .

7 Likes

Re: My Little Dilemma by agbeke58(f): 8:36pm On Dec 25, 2014
@op, i strongly believe that christianity is a personal thing, and so does tithing too. Its a thing u can privately/personally settle it with God, instead of bringing it here on nairaland.

But my advice is just to live within ur earnings and cut off extravagance. Remember that bringing up a child requires even extra cash. So b wise. Good luck.

1 Like

Re: My Little Dilemma by boxymccoy(m): 8:40pm On Dec 25, 2014
Can I advise you?
Give †̥ Caesar that which belong †̥ Caesar and give †̥ God what belongs †̥ God.... Now listen, God also is not happen seeing I̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊ debt. So settle your debt first and then U̶̲̥̅̊ can come give to God. With this God is pleased.

1 Like

Re: My Little Dilemma by Nobody: 8:48pm On Dec 25, 2014
pickabeau1:

Exactly
However not all ministries embark on manipulative giving

True, I was joking with my priest days ago told him to start seeing visions in a few months he will buy a hummer
Told him that when people bring their cars for him to bless he can claim he saw a vision of death surrounding the car and they have to pay redemption offering or deliverance offering as they call it before they use the car lol
Instead he uses the small one he has to ensure kids who drop out of school go back to school or learn a trade

2 Likes

Re: My Little Dilemma by pickabeau1: 8:51pm On Dec 25, 2014
aisha2:

True, I was joking with my priest days ago told him to start seeing visions in a few months he will buy a hummer
Told him that when people bring their cars for him to bless he can claim he saw a vision of death surrounding the car and they have to pay redemption offering or deliverance offering as they call it before they use the car lol
Instead he uses the small one he has to ensure kids who drop out of school go back to school or learn a trade

The issue is out of hand
However God loves a cheerful giver...not one who is guilted into giving

3 Likes

Re: My Little Dilemma by Kimoni: 8:59pm On Dec 25, 2014
tron23:
@ evina should I stop paying my tithe for the next 3 mths and settle my bills? Yes or no? That's my question. Because wifey is making it seem like am a sinner, she says we should trust in God, fine I agree, but I need to make plans.

Your request amazes me. You want people with different views and religion to tell you something that has to do with your personal faith?? Who does that? Don't you think each person will advise you according to his/her own personal beliefs that may be in contrast to that which you believe? Don't you have people of similar faith that you can seek advice from? smh

Good luck as you get all the validation you are seeking to do that which you have already purposed to do.
Re: My Little Dilemma by Nobody: 9:20pm On Dec 25, 2014
Evina:
One more thing,

I am quite sure that before you married your wife, you made her believe you both were on the same page, as to spiritual matters.

You let her know tithing is non negotiable. Now the storms of life have come raging, you are looking at the wind instead of staying steadfast.

I am glad she is a good woman, who inspite of the challenges, refuses to compromise. Listen to your wife and the voice of reasoning within you. Remember, he that faints in the day of adversity has little strength. Ask for grace. This one too shall pass. smiley

I just love you

*No homo*
Re: My Little Dilemma by tsmith(f): 9:20pm On Dec 25, 2014
tron23:
Okay, I dont always do this. Here is my wahala. I am married, living abroad, my wife is 7mths pregnant. We are expecting our baby soon.
Now wifey isnt working, cash is abit tight. An owing some money, we haven't started buying things for baby yet.
I intend to clear my debt in the next 3 mths, and start buying baby stuffs. Now, as am the sole bread winner I want to stop paying my tithe, settle my debts and begin to live Within my financial means, wifey is insisting we pay tithe.
Also, we have Bills, rent and she aint contributing cash. I can't keep asking people for help, I don't like this life style. Presently wifey is vexing. She just went out. So what do you all think, an I wrong.

Please mature comments only.
I personally feel that I need to live within ny means this new 2015. No more extravagant living.

Op, hope you are aware that what you call your salary has already been taxed 10-20% as it were! So paying your tithes (whether on gross or net earning) is like Trying to feed the multitude with 2 fishes and 5 bread, almost an impossible task unless you are Jesus.

It's easy for those living in Nigeria or JJC (wife inclusive) to say pay your tithes, but the realities on ground in the westerner world is totally different. No miracles would pay or wipe away your bills or make you rich overnight. You can't afford to live by faith, but rather you need to live by what's on ground. if faith comes, then all good let it be the icing on the cake.

In the times of the bible& tithing, the church was it n done! There was no other taxes; I.e. council tax, other income/PAYE taxes, no TV licence to mention a few. The westerner world is already programmed to allow you have just enough to live on, not excess. Tithing is excess. To top it up God is understanding, do what you need to do regardless of what your wife says. With time she'd make up to the realities on ground. I can boldly say there are very few Nigerian especially who live in the UK and pay their tithes to the details. They give as they can

3 Likes

Re: My Little Dilemma by Evina(f): 9:39pm On Dec 25, 2014
Elantracey:

I just love you

*No homo*

I love you back smiley
Re: My Little Dilemma by OnyeEgo1(m): 11:39pm On Dec 25, 2014
Hello Tron23, don't allow anybody enslave ur mind with that fraudulent lie called tithe, it is not compulsory or mandatory to give anything to any body or any church, rather it shud b done spontaneously.

I mean u are the man here, take decision n make it stand, u can't neglect d place of planning n keep hoping n borrowing, i swear u won't have rest of mind.

Please heed dis piece of write up

5 Likes

Re: My Little Dilemma by smartigo: 1:36am On Dec 26, 2014
Hello Madam cococandy wink. Compliments of the seasons.
Re: My Little Dilemma by cococandy(f): 2:19am On Dec 26, 2014
smartigo:
Hello Madam cococandy wink. Compliments of the seasons.
same to you dear
Re: My Little Dilemma by kaboninc(m): 7:00am On Dec 26, 2014
aisha2:

Babies no dey hear or understand say money no dey

Very true!

1 Like

Re: My Little Dilemma by Nigga44: 8:07am On Dec 26, 2014
I so much love pastors. This guys are what you call 'real guy men' grin cheesy. The way they skillfully manipulate even the supposedly educated ones still amazes me.

I want to be a pastor when I grow up grin

1 Like

Re: My Little Dilemma by Goldenboy007(m): 4:47pm On Dec 26, 2014
Do what you need to do to take care of your family! God loves a cheerful giver and not someone that grudgingly gives what he can't afford! If it was tithe God uses to determine those He gives wealth then people like Dangote whose religion doesn't believe in tithes would be a pauper! Give it when you can afford it!
However - your tithe deduction is not the cause of your financial situation, it's your lack of discipline and planning! There are times I really wish people are made to pass qualifying exams and have a certificate in "Responsibility" before they are allowed to get married!

2 Likes

Re: My Little Dilemma by brocab: 10:36am On Dec 29, 2014
Can you tithe it to me please?
It shows clearly you ain't concerned about the husband or the mother or the baby's needs, but more concerned about the tithing needs.

Its good to see all those who tithe are obeying the old covenant laws, Galatians 3:10 only to receive a curse.

I say don't tithe spend all your monies on your new born preacher, pray to God asking for the blessings him/her deserves.

Open your eye's and see the lord has blessed you and your wife, not because of tithing, but because you both believed.

I pray you are not fooled by these false commandments, Jesus had set as free from these tithing money rackets.
thorpido:
Your wife is 7mths pregnant and you say you want to settle your debts and start buying baby things in the next 3 mths?Your baby will come in about 2 months.
Well now you need to cut down on all unnecessary spending and look for ways of settling your debts.

Now as a Christian,do you personally believe in tithing?Abraham,Isaac and Jacob tithed and they didn't do it because there was a law that compelled them to do it.They gave it of faith,they made God a partner.Those who don't understand it may disagree with the principle.If a man pays tithe and says it makes him more indebted,he should look more towards his confessions.

Take practical steps to manage your finances well.
Re: My Little Dilemma by thorpido(m): 11:07am On Dec 29, 2014
brocab:
Can you tithe it to me please?
It shows clearly you ain't concerned about the husband or the mother or the baby's needs, but more concerned about the tithing needs.

Its good to see all those who tithe are obeying the old covenant laws, Galatians 3:10 only to receive a curse.

I say don't tithe spend all your monies on your new born preacher, pray to God asking for the blessings him/her deserves.

Open your eye's and see the lord has blessed you and your wife, not because of tithing, but because you both believed.

I pray you are not fooled by these false commandments, Jesus had set as free from these tithing money rackets.
If you are God,I'll tithe to you.
Christianity doesn't make 'sense' and there are actions in the Scriptures that don't follow logic.If you did something repeatedly and it produces results that are traceable to the offerings you make,would you stop?

I understand the issue of tithe is a faith thing and not everyone will understand.
Re: My Little Dilemma by brocab: 12:14pm On Dec 29, 2014
First-Not everyone who pays tithes understand, it all make sense when one studies their bibles, firstly I don't tithe to a Levi priest, or a man who claims to be one, but I am a giver when the lord tells me to give.

And I receive my blessings when seeing someone else I have giving to be blessed.

I don't give in favour to receive unless the lord blesses me.

I believe we are all blessed, just having the word of God.

The lord clearly says: seek his kingdom {word} and all things shall be added to you.

He don't say: this in his new covenant, seek tithing monies and all things shall be added to you.

And where in the bible does it say, we are to follow the old testament tithing rules, and who was it who changed our food supply to money?

Their is logic in the scriptures if one knows where to look.

Second you are under the law, you are cursed as the lord says: you are.
thorpido:
If you are God,I'll tithe to you.
Christianity doesn't make 'sense' and there are actions in the Scriptures that don't follow logic.If you did something repeatedly and it produces results that are traceable to the offerings you make,would you stop?

I understand the issue of tithe is a faith thing and not everyone will understand.
Re: My Little Dilemma by thorpido(m): 12:49pm On Dec 29, 2014
Re: My Little Dilemma by thorpido(m): 12:49pm On Dec 29, 2014
brocab:
First-Not everyone who pays tithes understand, it all make sense when one studies their bibles, firstly I don't tithe to a Levi priest, or a man who claims to be one, but I am a giver when the lord tells me to give.

And I receive my blessings when seeing someone else I have giving to be blessed.

I don't give in favour to receive unless the lord blesses me.

I believe we are all blessed, just having the word of God.

The lord clearly says: seek his kingdom {word} and all things shall be added to you.

He don't say: this in his new covenant, seek tithing monies and all things shall be added to you.

And where in the bible does it say, we are to follow the old testament tithing rules, and who was it who changed our food supply to money?

Their is logic in the scriptures if one knows where to look.

Second you are under the law, you are cursed as the lord says: you are.
Your last statement just shows the kind of person you are.No wonder the bible says having a form of godliness but denying the power thereof.Christians by sheer name and not in words.You can tell a Christian by the maturity of words.I won't bother responding to you again.

You can continue in the curse you speak so much about.

1 Like

Re: My Little Dilemma by bukatyne(f): 12:56pm On Dec 29, 2014
tron23:
Okay, I dont always do this. Here is my wahala. I am married, living abroad, my wife is 7mths pregnant. We are expecting our baby soon.
Now wifey isnt working, cash is abit tight. An owing some money, we haven't started buying things for baby yet.
I intend to clear my debt in the next 3 mths, and start buying baby stuffs. Now, as am the sole bread winner I want to stop paying my tithe, settle my debts and begin to live Within my financial means, wifey is insisting we pay tithe.
Also, we have Bills, rent and she aint contributing cash. I can't keep asking people for help, I don't like this life style. Presently wifey is vexing. She just went out. So what do you all think, an I wrong.

Please mature comments only.
I personally feel that I need to live within ny means this new 2015. No more extravagant living.

Tithe is just 10% of your salary and I am a firm believer of paying tithes

I do not really know how things run over there so I cannot give practical advices on how to live within your means

Since you have decided to live within your means, you have identified areas you are extravagant and have decided to cut costs.

Baby things should be a priority right now and you can go for affordable stuffs as opposed to designer stuffs.

You can also tell your debtors to put you on a payment plan (pay a % of your debts monthly till you are done)

Goodluck
Re: My Little Dilemma by brocab: 2:43am On Dec 30, 2014
Good I never asked you too respond back to me in the first place.
It's ok you just need to study your bible, and when you do, the truth will set you free.

Galatians 3:19-What purpose then does the law serve?
It was added because of transgressions, till the seed should come to whom the promise was made;

V's 21 Is the law then against the promises of God? Certainly not!
For if there had been a law given which could have given life, truly righteousness would have been by the law.

V's 22 But the scripture has confined all under sin, that the faith in Jesus Christ might be given to those who believe.

V's 23 But before faith came we were kept under guard by the law,

V's 24 Therefore the law was our tutor to bring us to Christ, that we might be justified by faith.

So the lords clearly telling us, we are no longer under the law system, the law was used as our tutor to bring us to Christ.

So forget about that old testament tithing law, and come to Christ, Jesus is the only way to the father in heaven.

But if this information brings out the kind of person I'm supposed to be, all I can say: Praise the lord..

Can you explain what part of my statement had offended you
thorpido:
Your last statement just shows the kind of person you are.No wonder the bible says having a form of godliness but denying the power thereof.Christians by sheer name and not in words.You can tell a Christian by the maturity of words.I won't bother responding to you again.

You can continue in the curse you speak so much about.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

SINGLE MEN: I Am Warning You To Be Very Careful. / If You're In Need Of A Nanny For Your Kids I'm Available. / Do they Have A Case Or Are They Just Being Unreasonable?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.