Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,769 members, 7,827,848 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 05:49 PM

My Little Dilemma - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Little Dilemma (6629 Views)

I Am In A Dilemma / A Mother's Dilemma In An Rccg Creche / Happy Birthday To My Little Princess (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Little Dilemma by baby124: 3:43am On Dec 30, 2014
Tell her to get a job and pay the tithes. If she can't, then you have to do what you have to to survive. Bill collector abroad does not want to hear story. As far as I am concerned now, the money you are bringing in is negative when compared with your debt. Your net worth is zero, so where will the tithes come from? Improve your financial situation and then resume your tithes. In the mean time, church offering will do

4 Likes

Re: My Little Dilemma by thorpido(m): 5:03am On Dec 30, 2014
brocab:
Good I never asked you too respond back to me in the first place.
It's ok you just need to study your bible, and when you do, the truth will set you free.

Galatians 3:19-What purpose then does the law serve?
It was added because of transgressions, till the seed should come to whom the promise was made;

V's 21 Is the law then against the promises of God? Certainly not!
For if there had been a law given which could have given life, truly righteousness would have been by the law.

V's 22 But the scripture has confined all under sin, that the faith in Jesus Christ might be given to those who believe.

V's 23 But before faith came we were kept under guard by the law,

V's 24 Therefore the law was our tutor to bring us to Christ, that we might be justified by faith.

So the lords clearly telling us, we are no longer under the law system, the law was used as our tutor to bring us to Christ.

So forget about that old testament tithing law, and come to Christ, Jesus is the only way to the father in heaven.

But if this information brings out the kind of person I'm supposed to be, all I can say: Praise the lord..

Can you explain what part of my statement had offended you
You're being ignorant.I tithe because i saw in the Scriptures that Abraham,Isaac and Jacob did it.Now tell me what law Jacob followed to tithe.Many of you are ignorant and think it started with the law of Moses.Moses only made it a law.Abraham did it as an act of faith.He understood principles of faith.
The bible calls us Abraham's seeds and children of faith,not the law.
That many of you have issues with pastors does not take away from Scriptures.Not every pastor is manipulative.The church i attend does not even talk about tithes.
A Christian is not under the law but understands faith principles.I'm not saying you have to pay tithes.Keep it so that no pastor can have your money.
Re: My Little Dilemma by oluwaseunla(m): 5:39am On Dec 30, 2014
pickabeau1:

However God loves a cheerful giver...not one who is guilted into giving

Tron23, please check out the above statement carefully. You are wasting your time paying tithe when deep down within you, you are not too comfortable with it. Do you think it's the money you are paying that God is after? No! God is after the heart of sacrifice, of obedience e.t.c. The way I see it, if you give tithe in the present state, you just dashed your money to the church/Pastor, not to God.

My advice- You are not in the right frame to give an acceptable tithe anyways. So, keep your tithe, don't waste it. Sort out your financial issues. Come back to tithe when you feel up to it.

May God help you.

1 Like

Re: My Little Dilemma by brocab: 7:57am On Dec 30, 2014
Firstly Abram paid a tithe from the spoils of war, that didn't belong to him.
A one off tithe.

So does that mean I should become a Robin-Hood and pay one tithe from the goods I retrieved.

Secondly- Genesis 28:20-22, Jacob made his own law, he gave a vow to God after a dream to give a tenth.

What verse in the bible shows Isaac tithed?

Later In the O/Testament it was a law given that Jews tithe to the Levi priesthood.

Then you tithe so does that make you a Jew.

We gentiles don't tithe we are from a different tribe.

If you read Hebrews 7:12 For the priesthood being changed, of necessity there is also a change of the law.

V's 14 For it is yet evident that our Lord arose from Judah, of which tribe Moses spoke nothing concerning priesthood.

V's 16 he has come, not according to the law of a fleshly commandment, but according to the power of an endless life.

The only answer I have, your not under God's old law, because the law on tithing was Foods, crops, shocks & first fruits to feed the priesthood and the needy.

You and millions chose to follow a different tithing rule.

It took Greed to change a nation one Man decided to twist and turn God's O/Testament laws, selling his own soul to the Devil for a price {Monies} Knowing many will turn their backs on the lord, robbing God and stealing from the poor the needy and widows and the fatherless.

And like you' the rest follow like sheep, twisting bible verses, leading many souls up the wrong garden path to hell.

Study your bible, don't just look at the verses read them.
thorpido:
You're being ignorant.I tithe because i saw in the Scriptures
that Abraham,Isaac and Jacob did it.Now tell me what law Jacob followed to tithe.Many of you are ignorant and think it started with the law of Moses.Moses only made it a law.Abraham did it as an act of faith.He understood principles of faith.
That many of you have issues with pastors does not take away from Scriptures.Not every pastor is manipulative.The church i attend does not even talk about tithes.
A Christian is not under the law but understands faith principles.I'm not saying you have to pay tithes.Keep it so that no pastor can have your money.
Re: My Little Dilemma by thorpido(m): 8:35am On Dec 30, 2014
brocab:
Firstly Abram paid a tithe from the spoils of war, that didn't belong to him.
A one off tithe.

So does that mean I should become a Robin-Hood and pay one tithe from the goods I retrieved.

Secondly- Genesis 28:20-22, Jacob made his own law, he gave a vow to God after a dream to give a tenth.

What verse in the bible shows Isaac tithed?

In the old testament,the spoils of war belong to the winner.God allowed it then.You said it was a one off tithe but that was because the bible only told us of one incident.If Abraham had fought ten wars,how many times do you think he would have tithed?
You say Jacob made his own law?That exactly is what I am teaching.It's a made law called the law of faith(it's not a law per se but for the sake of explanation).God calls himself the God of Abraham,Isaac and Jacob.Why?
I'm telling you i follow tithing by Jacob not the Levithical tithing.This is where revelation knowledge comes in.The just shall live by faith.
Re: My Little Dilemma by brocab: 9:22am On Dec 30, 2014
You aren't following Abram's tithing motives. You have your own motives of tithing, your tithing is not written anywhere in the bible.

Old testament tithing was Foods, crops, shock, and first fruits.

Your tithing is about monies, and that is not tithing under God's law, or even Abram or Isaac or Jacob's.
thorpido:
In the old testament,the spoils of war belong to the winner.God allowed it then.You said it was a one off tithe but that was because the bible only told us of one incident.If Abraham had fought ten wars,how many times do you think he would have tithed?
You say Jacob made his own law?That exactly is what I am teaching.It's a made law called the law of faith(it's not a law per se but for the sake of explanation).God calls himself the God of Abraham,Isaac and Jacob.Why?
I'm telling you i follow tithing by Jacob not the Levithical tithing.This is where revelation knowledge comes in.The just shall live by faith.
Re: My Little Dilemma by thorpido(m): 10:24am On Dec 30, 2014
brocab:
You aren't following Abram's tithing motives. You have your own motives of tithing, your tithing is not written anywhere in the bible.

Old testament tithing was Foods, crops, shock, and first fruits.

Your tithing is about monies, and that is not tithing under God's law, or even Abram or Isaac or Jacob's.
You are not following Jesus' mode of transportation.Jesus trekked,used boats and rode a donkey.
You are not a true follower of Jesus Christ.

Isn't it a contradiction that you reject tithing as an old testament law only to speak about giving of fruits and crops in the old testament?
Re: My Little Dilemma by brocab: 2:09pm On Dec 30, 2014
I understand now you haven't studied your bible.

Listen it's not your fault, I blame the prosperity greedy pastors, when I first became a Christian I was taught that same lie too.
Until one day I cried out to the lord, saying to him; lord this tithing thing isn't connecting with me. It never did.

I said: lord how come when you had called me into your kingdom you didn't mention about tithing. and how come lord you didn't tell me about it, until now.
He gave me that perfect answer, and I understood, if I had received the truth back then I would have walked away.
I was a Robin-hood, and after I was saved' and if only I knew about prosperity preachers than, I would have walked away from the church and the lord.

Since then bible scripture after bible verse I read my eye's have been open.

You have the old Testament tithing which is a bible doctrine which is about crops shocks, farming, first fruits, Cattle etc..
That O/Testament doctrine is about feeding the hungry and survival.

This so called new doctrine, made from greed a doctrine that was twisted and turned, using bible verses' had changed history, a system put in place, that many of his followers will enjoy her pleasures in a prosperous money system, living the dream.

The lord had warned us about these wolves in sheep clothing false prophets who won't stop at nothing.

Wake up-These Christians who have been chosen are keeping the false flag standing, you who tithe in this money system are supporting these false prophets, only to gain monies from the poor to the rich, while they become wealthier' your brothers/sisters/children/ and Christian families and friends, live in a poverty mode hungry dying every day.

Does that sound like the God of Abram, Isaac and Jacob..

thorpido:
You are not following Jesus' mode of transportation.Jesus trekked,used boats and rode a donkey.
You are not a true follower of Jesus Christ.

Isn't it a contradiction that you reject tithing as an old testament law only to speak about giving of fruits and crops in the old testament?

3 Likes

Re: My Little Dilemma by thorpido(m): 3:03pm On Dec 30, 2014
brocab:
I understand now you haven't studied your bible.

Listen it's not your fault, I blame the prosperity greedy pastors, when I first became a Christian I was taught that same lie too.
Until one day I cried out to the lord, saying to him; lord this tithing thing isn't connecting with me. It never did.

I said: lord how come when you had called me into your kingdom you didn't mention about tithing. and how come lord you didn't tell me about it, until now.
He gave me that perfect answer, and I understood, if I had received the truth back then I would have walked away.
I was a Robin-hood, and after I was saved' and if only I knew about prosperity preachers than, I would have walked away from the church and the lord.

Since then bible scripture after bible verse I read my eye's have been open.

You have the old Testament tithing which is a bible doctrine which is about crops shocks, farming, first fruits, Cattle etc..
That O/Testament doctrine is about feeding the hungry and survival.

This so called new doctrine, made from greed a doctrine that was twisted and turned, using bible verses' had changed history, a system put in place, that many of his followers will enjoy her pleasures in a prosperous money system, living the dream.

The lord had warned us about these wolves in sheep clothing false prophets who won't stop at nothing.

Wake up-These Christians who have been chosen are keeping the false flag standing, you who tithe in this money system are supporting these false prophets, only to gain monies from the poor to the rich, while they become wealthier' your brothers/sisters/children/ and Christian families and friends, live in a poverty mode hungry dying every day.

Does that sound like the God of Abram, Isaac and Jacob..

You didn't address the point i raised.You have only spent much time condemning pastors who are exploiting their congregation.

Do you know why they gave fruits,crops and livestock?It's simple enough!They were primarily farmers.It was all they could give.The means of exchange was primarily trade-by-barter.There was no currency.

You see knowledge is revelational and progressive.That is what you don't get.
Ask God to teach you more as you asked Him before to open your eyes.They are not fully open yet.
Re: My Little Dilemma by Nobody: 7:15pm On Dec 30, 2014
L
tron23:
@ evina, sincerely speaking, there are sine things that I hear that make me laugh.
I have been married for over 1 yr now. Part of what has caused me being in debt now is my failure to be firm when it matters.
Over the last year we have been living above our means, as a nice guy that believes I should provide the best for my family I have done my duties. Please answer me what is 10 percent. wifey will day pay your tithe, when it's middle of the month and we need money to pay Bills or buy food she will start nagging
Let me ask you have you travelled outside naija? No one here gives a damn even the so called religious leaders.
As am speaking now, I ain't git savings, haba is that life.

Going into 2015, I have resolved to cut my coat according to my size. Please us that a sin. I started paying tithe as early as 16yrs for your information.
Am asking for matured answers and I have got them.

Normally I don't do this, recently we went to see someone And I didn't have enough money to pay the Cab fare. Why should I put myself through all that.
I am a believer and I have prayed, this isn't lack of faith. I believe that it's time I made some changes to my life style.
God forgive me.

Ermmm cab fare? What happened to bus or train, live within your means. I don't think cutting off paying your tithes is the solution. From what you said about cab fare, it seems there is certainly room for improvement in your budgeting.

An idea is for you to move into a decent shared house for a little while and save up. At least for the 1st 3 months of baby's life, baby will be sharing a room with you and your wife anyway so that is a way of making substantial savings.

Go to charity shops and get some essentials for baby ie buggy, clothes etc instead of buying new. From a little acorn grows a big oak tree. My 2 cents

Ps: if you live in London, I've got loads of baby girl clothes, a bassinet, rocker if you are interested.
Re: My Little Dilemma by Nobody: 10:38pm On Dec 30, 2014
thorpido:
You're being ignorant.I tithe because i saw in the Scriptures that Abraham,Isaac and Jacob did it.Now tell me what law Jacob followed to tithe.Many of you are ignorant and think it started with the law of Moses.Moses only made it a law.Abraham did it as an act of faith.He understood principles of faith.
Re: My Little Dilemma by thorpido(m): 10:47pm On Dec 30, 2014
runnazz:

You obviously misunderstood that statement.Perhaps you were in a rush.
There is a difference between doing it because Abraham did it and doing it because you learn't from Abraham.I speak of the latter.Elisha walked with Elijah and learn't from him.His actions follow what he learn't not necessarily that he was 'copying' him.

Every other thing in your statement agrees with what I have been saying.
Re: My Little Dilemma by Nobody: 10:49pm On Dec 30, 2014
tron23:
The thing is this, I have done my calculations and if I follow them from this month, by early March, 2015 I will be be done and even have some extra cash.
But it will be easier to stop all spending including tithe (God please forgive me).
Am just looking for matured responses, thanks in advance.

What you lack my friend is faith..You can have faith with or without religious affiliation - faith is a state of being. Faith is putting hope and power into that which we can not see now...but know we will see in the future.

Now for you being a christian,God says without faith it is impossible to please Him, for he who comes to God must believe that He is, and that He is a rewarder of those who diligently seek Him.When you tithe to God, you are truly walking by faith and not by sight.Most of us normally don't have enough money to spare.So when we tithe, we're putting God to the test.We're saying, "Yes, Lord, I believe you are the God of your Word, and I am giving by faith...You lack conviction.I will not waste my time trying to convince you further until you find it personally which could take you through so many avoidable hurdles if only you can beleive in it yourself...some people need to go through very difficult situations before they can find their way while others believe and put their trust in God's words...this could just be a little test for you as greater things might come with the arrival of a newborn...God will never give us what we cannot handle...there is always a way out if we can look deep inwards,see past the haze..Don't do anything your conscience will not be at peace with...Good luck bro
Re: My Little Dilemma by Nobody: 10:52pm On Dec 30, 2014
thorpido:
You obviously misunderstood that statement.Perhaps you were in a rush.
There is a difference between doing it because Abraham did it and doing it because you learn't from Abraham.I speak of the latter.Elisha walked with Elijah and learn't from him.His actions follow what he learn't not necessarily that he was 'copying' him.

Every other thing in your statement agrees with what I have been saying.

bro u r right i was actually directing it to the op not u sorry bout that..the names kind of look same at first glance
Re: My Little Dilemma by thorpido(m): 10:56pm On Dec 30, 2014
runnazz:

bro u r right i was actually directing it to the op not u sorry bout that..the names kind of look same at first glance
okay bro.
Re: My Little Dilemma by brocab: 12:57am On Dec 31, 2014
To be honest, your knowledge is not of the bible, you are trying to twist and turn the bible so you may prove to yourself you are right and the scriptures are wrong.

You stand as a false prophet, you have been pushing this prosperity tithing on this forum towards the lords people, either to gain monies for yourself, or you are like the many sheep that follow.

And your wrong again in the old testament there was currency, money everywhere.

Genesis 37:29 Joseph was sold by his brothers for twenty shekels of silver.

Is that to strange for you to understand, God had used people to tithe from there own crops, shocks, cattle, etc..to feed the hungry.
Not shekels of silver.

You need to ask the lord to help you study your bible.
thorpido:
You didn't address the point i raised.You have only spent much time condemning pastors who are exploiting their congregation.

Do you know why they gave fruits,crops and livestock?It's simple enough!They were primarily farmers.It was all they could give.The means of exchange was primarily trade-by-barter.There was no currency.

You see knowledge is revelational and progressive.That is what you don't get.
Ask God to teach you more as you asked Him before to open your eyes.They are not fully open yet.
Re: My Little Dilemma by thorpido(m): 6:04am On Dec 31, 2014
brocab:
To be honest, your knowledge is not of the bible, you are trying to twist and turn the bible so you may prove to yourself you are right and the scriptures are wrong.

You stand as a false prophet, you have been pushing this prosperity tithing on this forum towards the lords people, either to gain monies for yourself, or you are like the many sheep that follow.

And your wrong again in the old testament there was currency, money everywhere.

Genesis 37:29 Joseph was sold by his brothers for twenty shekels of silver.

Is that to strange for you to understand, God had used people to tithe from there own crops, shocks, cattle, etc..to feed the hungry.
Not shekels of silver.

You need to ask the lord to help you study your bible.
Hahaha.I laugh at you.Now I'm trying to collect people's money.All along I have been soliciting for people to give me money?You're funny.
Anyway,it's been nice having the conversation with you.

May the Light of God continually light upon our hearts.
Re: My Little Dilemma by brocab: 8:18am On Dec 31, 2014
Funny as it may sound, every time you decide to preach today's tithing money messages, to anybody-you are soliciting. It would have been a more pleasant conversation with you if you knew what you were talking about.
thorpido:
Hahaha.I laugh at you.Now I'm trying to collect people's money.All along I have been soliciting for people to give me money?You're funny.
Anyway,it's been nice having the conversation with you.

May the Light of God continually light upon our hearts.
Re: My Little Dilemma by thorpido(m): 2:52pm On Dec 31, 2014
brocab:
Funny as it may sound, every time you decide to preach today's tithing money messages, to anybody-you are soliciting. It would have been a more pleasant conversation with you if you knew what you were talking about.
If indeed you knew!
Even muslims say they know so I understand your position.

All the best.
Re: My Little Dilemma by brocab: 1:23am On Jan 01, 2015
Really your not making any sense? Happy new year. Have a blessed day.
Any body can say they are Christians, any body can say they know Jesus
Question is" does Jesus know them.
thorpido:
If indeed you knew!
Even muslims say they know so I understand your position.

All the best.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Real Photos Of My Sister Killed Today At Onitsha Biafra Protest - "Vivian Gist" / No Man Should Be Encouraged To Marry A Single Mother: A Response To Vyvyanvyvy / SINGLE MEN: I Am Warning You To Be Very Careful.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.