Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,210 members, 7,829,339 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 03:17 AM

Why Did It Take 2,000 Years For The Gospel To Reach Nigeria? - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Did It Take 2,000 Years For The Gospel To Reach Nigeria? (29405 Views)

5 Things To Avoid When Evangelizing/sharing The Gospel / First Step Of Rebuilding The 3rd Temple after 2,000 years / The First Britsh Slave Ship To Reach The Americas Was Called The Good Jesus! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Did It Take 2,000 Years For The Gospel To Reach Nigeria? by Nobody: 7:00am On Dec 28, 2014
PAGAN9JA:

God is not the private property of christians.

We fear God but we spit @ christianity. U sabi me?
I love people who fear God. I love you already.
Re: Why Did It Take 2,000 Years For The Gospel To Reach Nigeria? by Vikky014(f): 7:02am On Dec 28, 2014
musawal:
A good poser for the educated minds. its just disheartening how Africans (Nigerians) use their education in selective reasoning and crass dogmatism.
Most responders are avoiding the very obvious questions: 1.why did christianity came to Africa at such a late period? (18th century AD)?
2.Why did it have to be when the whites needed slaves to power their industrialization that they came with this religeon?
3. Why is christianity not as entrenched in the middle east where it originated from as it is in Africa?
4. Why was the bible not brought to us directly in the language originally spoken by Jesus, to avoid the so many irregularities contained there-in: such as the real birthday of Jesus Christ; the different stories of the cross; the mysteries surrounding the death of Christ and His last days; too many to mention all.
to add to your list of question.5. why is it that christains are bombing the whole world?.6.why is shekau and mohammed a pastor?.
Re: Why Did It Take 2,000 Years For The Gospel To Reach Nigeria? by Skimpledawg(m): 7:03am On Dec 28, 2014
iamord:
wise guy!! This is what a lot of the people on here should have said!
My mum once advised dah I shuld'nt contribute my opinion in things dah does'nt concern me and my family unless ofcos tis gonna add some cash to d growing family grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Did It Take 2,000 Years For The Gospel To Reach Nigeria? by PAGAN9JA(m): 7:05am On Dec 28, 2014
Austin234:
Let me quickly add here dat u dont program God. He is God of timing. The time gospel reached Nigeria is d right time for it. It took about 400 years b4 d advent our Lord Jesus b/w d old testament and d new testament. It was d advent Jesus d broke d jinx.

So trying to sterotype God is opposite of d christian religion.

The onus stil lies on our shoulders to stil take d gospel to d heather land as there are many without dis gospel today. It is up to u and me

Shut up u fool! Ur gospel has created enough wahala in the world already u satanic agent from the pit of the underworld. U berra repent and serve the GODS of ur forefathers or else die or get killed in ur own ignorance. Fool!

2 Likes

Re: Why Did It Take 2,000 Years For The Gospel To Reach Nigeria? by PAGAN9JA(m): 7:07am On Dec 28, 2014
muafrika:
I love people who fear God. I love you already.

Are u gaY?
Re: Why Did It Take 2,000 Years For The Gospel To Reach Nigeria? by iamord(m): 7:08am On Dec 28, 2014
Skimpledawg:

My mum once advised dah I shuld'nt contribute my opinion in things dah does'nt concern me and my family unless ofcos tis gonna add some cash to d growing family grin
pere! All the people trying to answer and disprove the op for no reason , have just shown that they are low in logical reasoning. And give christanity a bad name

2 Likes

Re: Why Did It Take 2,000 Years For The Gospel To Reach Nigeria? by PAGAN9JA(m): 7:10am On Dec 28, 2014
astronautog:
SEUN SEUN SEUN!!! Y do u always attack christians??every sunday I see a topic on fp trying to damn d bible.I know u aint a christian and u guys have taken this too far!!is christianity the only religion on nairaland??is it because we are peace loving people??can u guys insult islam like thiscan u guys dear mock mohammed or d quran?pls use ur brains!!

U r the most noisemaking and bullshyt religion on Nairaland
Re: Why Did It Take 2,000 Years For The Gospel To Reach Nigeria? by PAGAN9JA(m): 7:12am On Dec 28, 2014
frakdon:
pls what do yu guys want to gain in asking such question?

We want to restore Traditional Religion in Nigeria and end the menace of foreign religion here once and for all.

1 Like

Re: Why Did It Take 2,000 Years For The Gospel To Reach Nigeria? by PAGAN9JA(m): 7:14am On Dec 28, 2014
Larow:
na u gangan be d Oponu! Instead of talking about africa as a whole, u mentioned Nigeria! Its right 4 some1 with a functional brain to ask. Now to ur answer! it was a task on the preachers of the gospel den cos they faced a lot of rejection, died as a result of enviromental effects and diseases! Jesus never told us to enforce it on any1 like d devil himself(Mohameed) who will fight and kill to ensure u accept his god! So its only logical! It has to take a very long time! But anyway, long time or not, d fact remains dat it has spread all over d entire world, so how does d time 4 it to reach me concern ur ancestors? That is d more reason we don't progress as blacks! Thinking about useless issues just like dis.

Christianity is dying in the west, has hardly impacted the East but is practiced in full force in underdeveloped Africa. Why is that?

3 Likes

Re: Why Did It Take 2,000 Years For The Gospel To Reach Nigeria? by bolliejay(m): 7:16am On Dec 28, 2014
God's way is misery that u can't fathom..........I just urge u guys to watch wat u say so u won't incur the wrath of Holyspirit.
Re: Why Did It Take 2,000 Years For The Gospel To Reach Nigeria? by Nobody: 7:16am On Dec 28, 2014
ROSSIKE:
If 'Jesus, the son of God' came to this earth and was born in the middle east in 1 AD, how come it took 2,000 years before this message from ''the son of god'' reached us in Nigeria? And then only when Europeans needed slaves and lands to colonize and loot for raw materials necessary to power their industrial revolution? Are you saying God did not deem it necessary to inform all those millions of Africans that would have lived from 1 AD to 1850 of the glorious kingdom of his son until Europeans decided just a couple hundred years ago they needed to raid Africa and loot resources? Did 'God' really 'postpone' the Nigerian introduction to his 'truth' until such a time as the Europeans needed to conquer and loot our lands, a full 2,000 years down the line, and why?

The ways of this imported 'God' are indeed strange!!

Am gonna tell u why. Because yes, europeans needed workforce for new continent and whats the point of comming and killing that workforce and taking other resources? Its better to come " peacefully" and spread gods word and manipulate masses. There was no reason to do that before because there was no need for workforce before, simply europeans didnt travel so much and discover new lands.
Re: Why Did It Take 2,000 Years For The Gospel To Reach Nigeria? by Brano(m): 7:18am On Dec 28, 2014
@op it's like your brain is upside-down. Who told you that the gospel of jesus christ arrived Nigeria 2000years ago? We christians only believe and preach that 2000years ago, jesus christ died on the cross. So think before you talk.
Re: Why Did It Take 2,000 Years For The Gospel To Reach Nigeria? by PAGAN9JA(m): 7:18am On Dec 28, 2014
bolliejay:
God's way is misery that u can't fathom..........I just urge u guys to watch wat u say so u won't incur the wrath of Holyspirit.

I urge u to stfu before u incur the wrath of the Gods, the very same that caused the end of ur weakling jewish carpenter man-god and the very same that caused ur existence.
Re: Why Did It Take 2,000 Years For The Gospel To Reach Nigeria? by Skimpledawg(m): 7:19am On Dec 28, 2014
iamord:
pere! All the people trying to answer and disprove the op for no reason , have just shown that they are low in logical reasoning. And give christanity a bad name
Dats true! D OP sounds very intellectual and is ready to face any1 tryna disprove her! 3days to nxt year! Evrybody is on his/her own o

1 Like

Re: Why Did It Take 2,000 Years For The Gospel To Reach Nigeria? by velvetglove: 7:23am On Dec 28, 2014
Did you know that some countries have no Christian population at all now I.e Centuries after Christ's death(a.d).
Re: Why Did It Take 2,000 Years For The Gospel To Reach Nigeria? by shdemidemi(m): 7:24am On Dec 28, 2014
iamord:
u don't need this! Just answer the question

And what makes you feel the OP sincerely want answers!!!

1 Like

Re: Why Did It Take 2,000 Years For The Gospel To Reach Nigeria? by sapientia(m): 7:26am On Dec 28, 2014
Re: Why Did It Take 2,000 Years For The Gospel To Reach Nigeria? by Nobody: 7:26am On Dec 28, 2014
PAGAN9JA
Very funny.

No.
Re: Why Did It Take 2,000 Years For The Gospel To Reach Nigeria? by astronautog(m): 7:29am On Dec 28, 2014
PAGAN9JA:

U r the most noisemaking and bullshyt religion on Nairaland
wow that's great so glad we remain d most peaceful and life changing religion bro.

1 Like

Re: Why Did It Take 2,000 Years For The Gospel To Reach Nigeria? by Acidosis(m): 7:29am On Dec 28, 2014
OP the intelligent illiterate. Take your Bible and read about the Ethiopian woman smiley

Gospel entered into Africa about 2000 years ago via the Ethiopian woman.

There was NO Nigeria, No Ghana back then. The word NIGERIA was coined some 100years ago, so how would GOSPEL enter into Nigeria?

It is true we have various levels of illiteracy.

OP is truly an illiterate. If Jesus was sent some 2000 years ago, how else do you expect his message to get to your imaginary Nigeria before his birth?

Are you confusing Jesus with Moses? Do you know Moses was given birth to in the land of Egypt? Did Jesus existed before Moses? Is Egypt an European country? We had countries like Egypt, Ethiopia, etc, but we had NO Nigeria.

So many question; too many for your brain to comprehend.

Very soon, you'd also ask why the bible never talked about Ekiti that was created in 1996. grin grin
Re: Why Did It Take 2,000 Years For The Gospel To Reach Nigeria? by Nobody: 7:31am On Dec 28, 2014
PAGAN9JA:

I urge u to stfu before u incur the wrath of the Gods, the very same that caused the end of ur weakling jewish carpenter man-god and the very same that caused ur existence.
Nope, no fear of God here.
Re: Why Did It Take 2,000 Years For The Gospel To Reach Nigeria? by Afroconnect: 7:33am On Dec 28, 2014
tpia0002:
was there a Nigeria 2000 years ago?
The first man to be found on the face of the earth was from Africa-Ethiopia precisely is where the earliest human remains were found...tens of thousands of years ago.

He talks about Africa generally not just Nigeria.
Re: Why Did It Take 2,000 Years For The Gospel To Reach Nigeria? by Rickysexy(m): 7:36am On Dec 28, 2014
omoh!....na cwious matter be this ooo abeg make we try reason em wella
Re: Why Did It Take 2,000 Years For The Gospel To Reach Nigeria? by sadebowale(m): 7:37am On Dec 28, 2014
Of all men, you're the most ignorant.

ROSSIKE:
If 'Jesus, the son of God' came to this earth and was born in the middle east in 1 AD, how come it took 2,000 years before this message from ''the son of god'' reached us in Nigeria? And then only when Europeans needed slaves and lands to colonize and loot for raw materials necessary to power their industrial revolution? Are you saying God did not deem it necessary to inform all those millions of Africans that would have lived from 1 AD to 1850 of the glorious kingdom of his son until Europeans decided just a couple hundred years ago they needed to raid Africa and loot resources? Did 'God' really 'postpone' the Nigerian introduction to his 'truth' until such a time as the Europeans needed to conquer and loot our lands, a full 2,000 years down the line, and why?

The ways of this imported 'God' are indeed strange!!
Re: Why Did It Take 2,000 Years For The Gospel To Reach Nigeria? by Afroconnect: 7:38am On Dec 28, 2014
Acidosis:
OP the intelligent illiterate. Take your Bible and read about the Ethiopian woman smiley

Gospel entered into Africa about 2000 years ago via the Ethiopian woman.

There was NO Nigeria, No Ghana back then. The word NIGERIA was coined some 100years ago, so how would GOSPEL enter into Nigeria?

It is true we have various levels of illiteracy.

OP is truly an illiterate. If Jesus was sent some 2000 years ago, how else do you expect his message to get to your imaginary Nigeria before his birth?

Are you confusing Jesus with Moses? Do you know Moses was given birth to in the land of Egypt? Did Jesus existed before Moses? Is Egypt an European country? We had countries like Egypt, Ethiopia, etc, but we had NO Nigeria.

So many question; too many for your brain to comprehend.

Very soon, you'd also ask why the bible never talked about Ekiti that was created in 1996. grin grin

There was a geographical space where present day Nigerians had lived for about 700yrs before the emergence of the portugese, then British.

The Benin empire,Nok tribes and Ile'Ife has been in existence-forget the name,black Africans known prsent day as Nigerians has roamed this space for about a thousand yrs.

2 Likes

Re: Why Did It Take 2,000 Years For The Gospel To Reach Nigeria? by Nobody: 7:39am On Dec 28, 2014
Vikky014:
lol.lemme helep you to approximate more.Y did it take 2014 years for the gospel of christ to reach Africa
intelligent mind
Re: Why Did It Take 2,000 Years For The Gospel To Reach Nigeria? by anonimi: 7:40am On Dec 28, 2014
ROSSIKE:

You don't get it do you? The fact that it took 2,000 years for the gospel to reach Nigeria from the middle east strongly suggests there is no ''God'' involved in the whole christian charade. That's the point being made. I mean, if we can fly to Dubai in under 5 hours today, how come the Creator of the Universe (for whom human technology must be really really puny) couldn't get his message to us from that region for 2,000 years?

It was either

a) because he didn't consider the message important enough to bother (in which case why should we bother?) or

b) he wasn't involved in any of the stories claimed in the bible.

Which is it?

The exact same thing can be said of Islam, which is also from the Middle East!
Re: Why Did It Take 2,000 Years For The Gospel To Reach Nigeria? by Skimpledawg(m): 7:43am On Dec 28, 2014
PAGAN9JA:

Shut up u fool! Ur gospel has created enough wahala in the world already u satanic agent from the pit of the underworld. U berra repent and serve the GODS of ur forefathers or else die or get killed in ur own ignorance. Fool!
Niqqa easy! D dude said his mind, say yours abeg without these strong words. Even tho u dnt fecilitate with his own God, atleast u admit thre is a being out there dah az bn kipin 'US' rite from Jan via Dec.....atleast FEAR dt being! Nawa o
Re: Why Did It Take 2,000 Years For The Gospel To Reach Nigeria? by kunlenkirol(m): 7:45am On Dec 28, 2014
[color=#990000][/color]if you had been reading your bible, you will know that a thousand year is like a day in the presence of God. The fact that it took 2000 years to get to Nigeria did not mean it took dt years to get to Africa. Saint Augustine had preached the gospel of Christ a long time in Carthage in present day Tunisia of something. So brothers and sisters, we should be thankful that the gospel eventually got to Nigeria. And Nigerians are at the frontier of spreading the gospel. The mystery of God cannot be understood by mortals.
Re: Why Did It Take 2,000 Years For The Gospel To Reach Nigeria? by Acidosis(m): 7:49am On Dec 28, 2014
Afroconnect:

There was a geographical space where present day Nigerians had lived for about 700yrs before the emergence of the portugese, then British.
The Benin empire,Nok tribes and Ile'Ife has been in existence-forget the name,black Africans known prsent day as Nigerians has roamed this space for about a thousand yrs.

Overall, the Bible never promised anyone instant message of Christ. The bible clearly states that the gospel will spread to Judea, Samaria and to other parts of the earth.

Some people still haven't heard about Christ! That's the reason we need more evangelists (people like Reinhard Bonnke, Late Bishop Ajayi Crowther, people like OP, etc) to further spread the message.

If everyone heard the gospel 1 day after the birth of Christ; the world would have ended over 2000years ago.

1 Like

Re: Why Did It Take 2,000 Years For The Gospel To Reach Nigeria? by malvisguy212: 7:50am On Dec 28, 2014
iamord:
your explanation does not correlate with the said question.. So my fore fathers were all thrown into hell for thousands of years .until it was deemed right to come and open us to the light
the op ask a stupid question, you don't expect the gospel to spread easily ,the devil will do all his best to stop it, the good news is that you and I have hared the gospel.

The book of revelation is clear, yoyr forefathers will be judge base on there good and bad deed or work.

1 Like

Re: Why Did It Take 2,000 Years For The Gospel To Reach Nigeria? by bolliejay(m): 8:04am On Dec 28, 2014
PAGAN9JA:

I don't trade words on NL but l can't help than to reply u dis once.....................
U are nothing but a frustrated satanist agent looking for who to misled.......u beta give ur life to christ b4 its too late!
And lemme warn u, sin against the father is forgivable, sin against the son is forgivable but sin against the holy spirt is NOT...I repeat watch wat u SAY!
2day is the last sunday of the year lemme go worship, dance to my maker who make me witness it.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

"Fire From Above Burns Jacket Of A Man Who Doubted Zimbabwean Pastor" - Says ECG / Prayer Points That Will Make You Laugh At The End / Lagos Pastor, Okafor Donates N500,000 To A Boy With Lump In The Head

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.