Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,230 members, 7,815,297 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:25 AM

Misconceptions About Good-looking People - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Misconceptions About Good-looking People (1982 Views)

Some Common Misconceptions About Light-skinned Ladies / The Daily Pains Of A Handsome Or Good Looking Guy. / Why Are Some Good-looking People Not Photogenic? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Misconceptions About Good-looking People by Nobody: 7:22am On Dec 26, 2014
People are so quick to judge a goodlooking person faster than other people, they quickly make up their mind that you are proud or arrogant in only five seconds of meeting you!! When u are attractive, people expect you to be very polite and very jovial every second of your life and to everyone u meet. If you are shy then your life is a living hell because 90% of people will hate you! They wont believe ur being shy they will see u as proud and arrogant even if they only just met u five seconds ago. When you walk past girls as a goodlooking guy, they look you up so much that if u are not really confident u may miss your walking steps, and its as if they expect you to say hi because u notice that they start giving u dirty looks if u dont flirt with them or say hi (how can a person say hi to almost every girl that he walks past cuz they think hes hot, does it make sense). People need to understand that handsome boys dont walk out of their houses thinking (omg im so handsome , everyone look at my face of a God) they mostly dont care about their looks, PEOPLE NEED TO STOP TREATING THEM AS IF ALL THEY THINK ABOUT IS HOW HOT THEY ARE. No wonder beautiful girls are mostly very shallow because everyone only see them for their beauty 98% of the time. THIS IS SO WRONG.
Everyone deserves an equal chance, you cant hate on a person for things they have no control over.
Nairalanders You can add other misconceptions u have noticed about goodlooking people

2 Likes

Re: Misconceptions About Good-looking People by tosyne2much(m): 7:23am On Dec 26, 2014
That's the society we find ourselves

Just as you stated up there. The major misconception ladies have towards handsome peeps is that they are proud, arrogant and are more concerned about their looks. This always gat me wondering

I think only a silly handome dude places more emphasis on his looks thereby priding himself amongst others
Re: Misconceptions About Good-looking People by Richiy(f): 7:29am On Dec 26, 2014
There are two kinds of attractive people. Those that are fine and they know. Those that are fine and they don't know.

All these misconceptions you mentioned are mostly carried out by those fine people that know that they are fine and want to show the world. It eventually rubs off on all other fine people.

So, o.p, sorry eh?

1 Like

Re: Misconceptions About Good-looking People by Nobody: 7:34am On Dec 26, 2014
Richiy:
There are two kinds of attractive people. Those that are fine and they know. Those that are fine and they don't know.

All these misconceptions you mentioned are mostly carried out by those fine people that know that they are fine and want to show the world. It eventually rubs off on all other fine people.

So, o.p, sorry eh?

Nne, as 4me, I'm fine and I know it!
Re: Misconceptions About Good-looking People by tosyne2much(m): 7:40am On Dec 26, 2014
Richiy:
There are two kinds of attractive people. Those that are fine and they know. Those that are fine and they don't know

So, o.p, sorry eh?
my dear let us stop deceiving ourselves. There's no handsome person who doesn't know he's not handsome.

As a matter of fact, even if you are not good looking and you keep telling people that you are handsome, deep down within yourself, you will definitely know you truly are not what you claim or you are just an average (doesn't a short person knows he's short ?)

All this things boils down to maturity. Only immature handsome dudes misbehave and pride themselves by the compliments they receive from people and the opposite sex

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Misconceptions About Good-looking People by Maamin(m): 7:43am On Dec 26, 2014
Fine boy wahala!...but seriously I dont know that girls are affected by the looks of a handsome guy...#Adonis

*rubbing powder* grin
Re: Misconceptions About Good-looking People by Nobody: 7:47am On Dec 26, 2014
Richiy:

So, o.p, sorry eh?

I dont think they want to show the world tho. An attractive guy that wears a baseball hat , jordan canvasses and stylish clothes is not "showing off" anything hes simply being a lover of fashion. But every girl that sets her eyes on this attractive concludes "look at this proud guy, whats he feeling like" so wait, he should wear rag because he wants to look humble?

1 Like

Re: Misconceptions About Good-looking People by Richiy(f): 7:55am On Dec 26, 2014
soccerinfo9ja:

I dont think they want to show the world tho. An attractive guy that wears a baseball hat , jordan canvasses and stylish clothes is not "showing off" anything hes simply being a lover of fashion. But every girl that sets her eyes on this attractive concludes "look at this proud guy, whats he feeling like" so wait, he should wear rag because he wants to look humble?

You cannot deny that most attractive guys that are lovers of fashion do not show those traits. Not all but a lot of them do.

Except you want to hide it, use your mind's eye to take a count.
Re: Misconceptions About Good-looking People by Richiy(f): 8:00am On Dec 26, 2014
tosyne2much:
my dear let us stop deceiving ourselves. There's no handsome person who doesn't know he's not handsome.

As a matter of fact, even if you are not good looking and you keep telling people that you are handsome, deep down within yourself, you will definitely know you truly are not what you claim or you are just an average (doesn't a short person knows he's short ?)

All this things boils down to maturity. Only immature handsome dudes misbehave and pride themselves by the compliments they receive from people and the opposite sex

By knowing I don't mean it literally. I mean knowing its power and advantage.

It isn't hidden that attractive people get more attention and more favors than others. I know about that, my bestie being a very attractive girl.

But those of them that understand its power, will tend to use it. And rashly too. Hence the generalization.
Re: Misconceptions About Good-looking People by Nobody: 8:00am On Dec 26, 2014
Richiy:

You cannot deny that most attractive guys that are lovers of fashion do not show those traits. Not all but a lot of them do.

Except you want to hide it, use your mind's eye to take a count.

Some of them do it to show off their looks tho. But its sad that most girls grade all of them to be show offs and quickly discredit them before even getting to know them. People need to understand that fine face + stylish clothes doest = PRIDE!!!!! Wrong calculation very wrong!!

1 Like

Re: Misconceptions About Good-looking People by Richiy(f): 8:03am On Dec 26, 2014
soccerinfo9ja:

Some of them do it to show off their looks tho. But its sad that most girls grade all of them to be show offs and quickly discredit them before even getting to know them. People need to understand that fine face + stylish clothes doest = PRIDE!!!!! Wrong calculation very wrong!!

Did you just say some? Some means a little number. I say most of them do it.

Generalizing is wrong. Everybody deserves a chance to prove themselves. Fine, average or ugly.
Re: Misconceptions About Good-looking People by Richiy(f): 8:03am On Dec 26, 2014
DDeliverer:

Nne, as 4me, I'm fine and I know it!

Lol. Nna, carry go o!

1 Like

Re: Misconceptions About Good-looking People by Nobody: 8:04am On Dec 26, 2014
You wont believe that there are some attractive people who are scared of being fashionable because they dont want others to label them as proud. This is wrong. People think when ur goodlooking you have it all, they dont know its a mental battle you keep fighting with society everyday, strangers that already know your "character" before they even meet you.
Re: Misconceptions About Good-looking People by aristocrazzy: 8:10am On Dec 26, 2014
Its so true . I've experienced such several times.
I'm not arrogant but that's what they think.
Re: Misconceptions About Good-looking People by tosyne2much(m): 8:10am On Dec 26, 2014
Richiy:

By knowing I don't mean it literally. I mean knowing its power and advantage.

It isn't hidden that attractive people get more attention and more favors than others. I know about that, my bestie being a very attractive girl.

But those of them that understand its power, will tend to use it. And rashly too. Hence the generalization.
You made a lot of sense my dear. Only left for those who can utilize it

Btw, are u using yours rightly ? wink
Re: Misconceptions About Good-looking People by tosyne2much(m): 8:13am On Dec 26, 2014
aristocrazzy:
Its so true . I've experienced such several times.
I'm not arrogant but that's what they think.
hehehehehehehe.. An hansome dude spotted here grin

Ride on jhor my guy grin
Re: Misconceptions About Good-looking People by Richiy(f): 8:21am On Dec 26, 2014
tosyne2much:
You made a lot of sense my dear. Only left for those who can utilize it

Btw, are u using yours rightly ? wink

Lol..I know say I no too fine. Am the kinda average girl that know. wink wink

Anyways, I trust say you no dey go around dey flaunt your fine face ba
Re: Misconceptions About Good-looking People by Richie0974: 8:25am On Dec 26, 2014
That's d kind of situation I always find myself in....So does that mean am handsome??
Re: Misconceptions About Good-looking People by tosyne2much(m): 8:27am On Dec 26, 2014
Richiy:

Lol..I know say I no too fine. Am the kinda average girl that know. wink wink

Anyways, I trust say you no dey go around dey flaunt your fine face ba
that DP of yours looks more of an average babe ooo wink

Fllrt ke ? Shebi na guy wey hans dey flirt.. Me no fyn oo wink
Re: Misconceptions About Good-looking People by peeparty(m): 8:47am On Dec 26, 2014
it just the opinion of people
Re: Misconceptions About Good-looking People by major466(m): 8:59am On Dec 26, 2014
Some good points there. True, there seem to be this expectation placed on handsome dude in society. If they fail to meet them, they're regarded as proud and arrogant. But, there's a fine line between meeting those expectations and having a normal relationship with people. If you are are handsome dude and you are self centered, it will reflect on your behavior and people around you. These behaviors will give you out as a proud arrogant person even when you're not, all because you put too much pressure on yourself.
Self Centeredness can be construed as a recipe for proudness arrogance. Learn not to focus too much on yourself and have a normal relationship with people.

The one thing that set me off is that people expect handsome dudes to be friendly and flirty all the time. If you are the reserve type who mind his business, then you're in for a serious battle with society.

1 Like

Re: Misconceptions About Good-looking People by major466(m): 9:10am On Dec 26, 2014
soccerinfo9ja:
You wont believe that there are some attractive people who are scared of being fashionable because they dont want others to label them as proud. This is wrong. People think when ur goodlooking you have it all, they dont know its a mental battle you keep fighting with society everyday, strangers that already know your "character" before they even meet you.
Exactly. I experience that a lot. Most times when you dress nice and trendy, people will think you are a big boy who's heavily loaded.
Re: Misconceptions About Good-looking People by Daziz(m): 9:19am On Dec 26, 2014
And for we dat are not handsome allwe got to do is sit bk and enjoy reading comments
Re: Misconceptions About Good-looking People by Nobody: 9:41am On Dec 26, 2014
major466:
Some good points there. True, there seem to be this expectation placed on handsome dude in society. If they fail to meet them, they're regarded as proud and arrogant. But, there's a fine line between meeting those expectations and having a normal relationship with people. If you are are handsome dude and you are self centered, it will reflect on your behavior and people around you. These behaviors will give you out as a proud arrogant person even when you're not, all because you put too much pressure on yourself.
Self Centeredness can be construed as a recipe for proudness arrogance. Learn not to focus too much on yourself and have a normal relationship with people.

The one thing that set me off is that people expect handsome dudes to be friendly and flirty all the time. If you are the reserve type who mind his business, then you're in for a serious battle with society.

Guy u took the words out of my mouth. Soo effing true

1 Like

Re: Misconceptions About Good-looking People by Nobody: 10:22am On Dec 26, 2014
O
Re: Misconceptions About Good-looking People by Nobody: 10:28am On Dec 26, 2014
Eyah, the sufferings of handsome dudes.
Re: Misconceptions About Good-looking People by Nobody: 10:36am On Dec 26, 2014
Ov
Re: Misconceptions About Good-looking People by Nobody: 10:58am On Dec 26, 2014
see how i rushed to check his profile pics
Re: Misconceptions About Good-looking People by Dannyxy(m): 12:27pm On Dec 26, 2014
and it's more difficult to get into a serious relationship, as most girls believe you want to just flirt with them, they never believe that you can be committed to a relationship, they don't trust you, they suspect your every move...
it is well.
Re: Misconceptions About Good-looking People by tartar9(m): 1:18pm On Dec 26, 2014
StealthIdeals:
Over the years, I'v learnt a fact, as a handsome guy -- though, people around me go extra lenght by adding 'very', a camparative identifier to that 'handsome', but each time I look up myself in the mirror, I'm not different frm other men -- that you gain nothing from being nice to people. Until I became 30, I ajudged myself the nicest person on earth; girls made my life a hell in those years. Some would confront me saying my stepping is always feminine. Another one said I should avoid taking front seat in the church, because I would be distracting female choristers. I decided to be happy after 30 by rubishing every act of women around me. I respect men, but refuse to give a poo about the presence of any girl -- ugly or dainty. That was when they stopped maltreating me. The rationale paid off well, because I no longer rush to buy recharge cards whenever a gal sends 'call me back' SMS to me. I reply messages frm girls at my convinient time, unlike before that was immediate upon receipt of such SMSs.
see advitisement.pinshure or adonbilivit.
Re: Misconceptions About Good-looking People by Nobody: 2:04pm On Dec 26, 2014
Sebi u hav a camera phone? Take a pinshure, send it to me so dt i cn upload it.
Re: Misconceptions About Good-looking People by Nobody: 11:50pm On Dec 26, 2014
Lol...funny thread...people are like "I go through this everyday"....lol...they are even the least attractive on here....beautiful people don't blow there own trumpet...with that said,I agree people think like that...but if the person is humble,it will shine through...

(1) (Reply)

My Boo Want Me To Meet His Mum / Top 10 Things A Woman Must Not Do To Her Husband / To Be Honest. ..i'll Give 50k To Miss Nairaland 2015

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.