Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,603 members, 7,809,191 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:06 AM

Sorry States Of Lagos Island - Politics (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sorry States Of Lagos Island (40862 Views)

Buhari 'Not Sorry' For 1983 Coup: Does Corruption Justify Military Action? / Molue Banned From Lagos Island / Niger To Start Repatriating Beggars To Their States Of Origin (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sorry States Of Lagos Island by myola(m): 9:55pm On Dec 26, 2014
M4gunners:
No doubt the people has a big role to play in keeping the city clean . However, the Governor have not done enough on this.If i can remember KAI was introduced in Lagos by Tinubu back then, but dat won't deprive people from crossing the road when dia is no bridge for them or stop urinating on the road side unless you build Toilet for people to use. They are many young boys in Lagos doing nothing. Why can't he employ dem to be doing it instead of roaming around taxing innocent people for their Money.

before you blame those living in the area,let me share my experience with PSP with you: up to mid this year, PSP had not be coming to my area at ajasa, so it's either you burned your dirt or you go and throw it yourself to refuse dump at nearest market where refuse truck will come and pack it since there is no "mai charaa" again. I picked the option to go and dropped it at where truck will come and pack it. to my surprised one Sunday morning I got to the market where I used to dumped it and couldn't found the PSP container there, while I was making enquiry to what happened and where I could dump my refuse, a guy who just dump his own refuse where the container used to be was got arrested bysome kai officials hidden somewhere for you to make mistake of dumping anything. on getting to refuse dump center at oke odo they said I can dump there too, I had to drove all the way to igando to dumped it and still had to paid.now tell me how many people do you think will have vehicle to go and be dropping refuse by themselves and wouldn't takes advantage of d drainage.

5 Likes

Re: Sorry States Of Lagos Island by NonFarmPayrol: 10:01pm On Dec 26, 2014
Collynzo419:

Shut up!

What is the population of Lagos?

Millions of ibos keep trooping into Yorubaland everyday so what do you expect?

How much tax do you and your family pay in Lagos? How much do Ibo immigrants pay in tax? Is it enuff to provide needed social amenities and infrastructures? NO!!

Lagos is over populated and it is a big problem so u cant compare it to your backward villages.

over populated
so that is an excuse for government neglect of common streets
i am not igbo for ur info. and i dont live in your mega slum grin grin

8 Likes

Re: Sorry States Of Lagos Island by M4gunners: 10:01pm On Dec 26, 2014
myola:

before you blame those living in the area,let me share my experience with PSP with you: up to mid this year, PSP had not be coming to my area at ajasa, so it's either you burned your dirt or you go and throw it yourself to refuse dump at nearest market where refuse truck will come and pack it since there is no "mai charaa" again. I picked the option to go and dropped it at where truck will come and pack it. to my surprised one Sunday morning I got to the market where I used to dumped it and couldn't found the PSP container there, while I was making enquiry to what happened and where I could dump my refuse, a guy who just dump his own refuse where the container used to be was got arrested bysome kai officials hidden somewhere for you to make mistake of dumping anything. on getting to refuse dump center at oke odo they said I can dump there too, I had to drove all the way to igando to dumped it and still had to paid.now tell me how many people do you think will have vehicle to go and be dropping refuse by themselves and wouldn't takes advantage of d drainage.
You are right bro . That's why i the government has not done well.
Re: Sorry States Of Lagos Island by Collynzo419: 10:33pm On Dec 26, 2014
NonFarmPayrol:

over populated
so that is an excuse for government neglect of common streets
i am not igbo for ur info. and i dont live in your mega slum grin grin

Aloy abeg just face your front.

Lagos is over populated. Only a big fool like u will not notice that.

Should we start comparing the slums of PH where you reside with Lagos?

3 Likes

Re: Sorry States Of Lagos Island by Nobody: 10:39pm On Dec 26, 2014
cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry
What is wrong with the leaders of that country?! cry
Re: Sorry States Of Lagos Island by MayorofLagos(m): 11:07pm On Dec 26, 2014
The difference between Lagos of 1974 and 2014 is the migration pattern.

Yoruba has not left where they were, the same Yoruba that kept a neat, tidy and beautiful city in the 70s is still there......but they have been joined by migrants who brought with them filth and eyesore from village.

2 Likes

Re: Sorry States Of Lagos Island by babestella: 11:15pm On Dec 26, 2014
ikweremilitant:
ha! A.p.c change the way u decieve gulable nigerians,especaly your e-ode on nairaland.

Take a visit to Ikotun, Egbe, Ejigbo, Okota, Ijegun, igando, ipaja, Okoko etc, you will laugh...........

7 Likes

Re: Sorry States Of Lagos Island by babestella: 11:17pm On Dec 26, 2014
Collynzo419:

Aloy abeg just face your front.

Lagos is over populated. Only a big fool like u will not notice that.

Should we start comparing the slums of PH where you reside with Lagos?

What is LAGOS doing with the excess money they make in Taxes & other revenues? After all they once claimed that they don't rely on monthly allocation to run LAGOS. What now?

7 Likes

Re: Sorry States Of Lagos Island by Collynzo419: 11:45pm On Dec 26, 2014
babestella:

[s]What is LAGOS doing with the excess money they make in Taxes & other revenues? After all they once claimed that they don't rely on monthly allocation to run LAGOS. What now[/s]?

You are Y1bo and you and your people have caused over population In Yorubaland

Ibos are the main problem in Lagos and we will need to tax you more to take care of our land since you people cannot survive in your enclave.

In threads like this, no Chinedu, okafor, emeka or chinyere has any right to talk ill of our governors. U are immigrants in Yorubaland - always remember that

Show us pics of your village for a change

2 Likes

Re: Sorry States Of Lagos Island by meccuno: 12:11am On Dec 27, 2014
oduastates:
Still better than your homestate.
I see earth moving equipments on the site .maclatunji:

Hahaahahah, be objective. I know that many Lagos Island roads are under construction but there has to be better project management to avoid this ugly pictures that do the people and tbe government no good.

What makes you think OP is from outside Lagos?

There is no perfect person, system or government. Governor Fashola should step-up his hustle on these projects.

Budget 101

There is a difference between

1 i have N5000 in the bank to buy a wrist watch (Qatar)

2 I was hoping to be able to raise N5000 (from taxes )in the next year , to buy a watch. but my roof ha started leaking today. I will try to raise the money next year.

3 I am hoping to raise N5000 for my saving account ( do nothing)

Apart from number one who has endless supply of money , you are assuming from the theory of the expectation that everything goes on smoothly on a project.
E.g There is hardly a project in Lagos which does not go through litigation. People are always suing the government for the most mundane of things.
Ebola was not budgetted for . The Lagos state government took on the responsibilities of the absent federal government.
Do you know that the Lagos metro project is being held back by Jonathan's government envious politics and bad belle .the metro has to go through a corridor held by the federal government (not owned ,all lands in Lagos are on lease )

Reality is a b*t*ch . Project management,PMP and prince 2 theory stops at the doors of reality . No project get done without money.
When funds are limited or when the hope of project being funded has a small window of opportunity, your theory goes out of the window.
Lagos is a poor state single handedly carrying the weight of a country.houses are being built and Streets are being created faster than the state can afford to pave old streets or repair damaged roads.

Finally ,There are those who genuinely want to draw the attention of the SG to their neighbourhood. There are also those who want to introduce that regressive type of governance and politics . Their job is that being down the best amongst us like they did to Awolowo.

Food for thought
You only need to visit the group Facebook pages of the person who put up post like this . Just 2 out of every 10 post is made by someone can be considered as making a measured or critical opinion .whether for or against, you've to respect the opinions of such people.
The irony was that most of the post against APC were made by persons who reside but are not from those states.
Their states are too good and transformational for them to stay.
Hmm , you wonder why?
No concept of government or governance . That is why.
Why should you listen to such people.
You have 2 choices if you are still sitting on the fence. Your culture , values and future or a street no one has heard of.
Mobilise to extricate ourselves from that cesspit. Time to end monkey dey work baboon dey chop country.

In 6 months in a bad economy .
This is what was declared , most of it has probably gone undeclared

Value Added Tax :N407.95bn,
Company Income Tax of N422.63bn
Customs & Excise Duties of N257.91bn

Most of this is coming out of Lagos , ogun and Ibadan . Like someone wrote ,Even after compensating for loss of population. That is more money being taken out of Lagos than any state contributes.
True federalism and resource control will change that.

geez....reading through your post was hell......didn't you do summary in school?

1 Like

Re: Sorry States Of Lagos Island by meccuno: 12:44am On Dec 27, 2014
oduastates:

Ijebu
Owo ile
Akoko ile
Ado Ekiti
Ilorin ile
Ikorodu ile
Oshogbo ile
Okitipupa ile
Epe ile
Ikosi ile
Abeokuta ile
Ondo ile
Ikenne ile
akure ile
Kabba ile
Ilara mokin ile
Lokoja ile
Ajaokuta ile
Ilorin ile
Ibadan ile
Eeko ile
Abadarigi ile
Dahomey ile
You see Lagos state but we see a small part of the kingdoms of the Yorubas .a true son knows his territory ranges from the Atlantic Ocean up to the savannah.
In those places, he knows that he belongs .
Ibadan is the capital And Eko is where we trade.
Anywhere in yorubaland is home . I hope you are enjoying your Christmas in your homeland and future separate country.
For Christmas , i remain in eeko ile , for sallah i will travel to ile - ife to celebrate with my Muslim friends.
Whichever way , I remain within the kingdoms of the yorubas.
I remain at home.
lolz....story for the gods.....
Re: Sorry States Of Lagos Island by MayorofLagos(m): 1:41am On Dec 27, 2014
I tell my fellow Yorubas....if you want to change your cities and restore grace in your environment and life, vote APC in 2015. Do you know why?

I have read APC manifesto and it answers a lot of the questions Yoruba has been agitating for on the Federal System of Governance.

Yoruba responds to his/her sorrounding with gracefullness....we are known for exchanging greetings and pleasantries, we are temperate and responsive, we think first and act later. Unlike these freaks who were born and raised to respond brutely to sorroundings and people, they act first and think later.

Omo Oodua, do you want regionalism? Vote APC and take back your destiny and cities!

PDP has no manifesto...and their political agenda is to continue with the Federal system as usual.
Re: Sorry States Of Lagos Island by rexzqcom(m): 7:32am On Dec 27, 2014
sexyseun:
In as much as i hate commenting on politics section due to sentiments, i must say that we nigerians are practically dirty. Take a look at those pictures once again, you can see that the gutter is littered with refuse, Is the gutter a refuse dump? I was passing by one day and i saw some women throwing bags of dirts inside the gutter, one of them even had to force the dirts right inside the gutter, with all these dont you know the gutter wont flow and hereby dirty water will litter all over the roads and in no time the road will wear off?
When i was young my daddy said buhari and tunde idiagbon instilled discipline to we nigerians, they made us inculcate the habit of queuing, also environmental sanitation was a MUST not to forget quickly their WAI(War Against Indiscipline) programme. We need someone like Buhari who will make us all sit down tight

Environmental cleaning should be daily on going duty. We create dirt and refuse in an ongoing basis . The cleaning should be ongoing as well . Daily to be precise. Man power are available to get it done. The weekly or is monthly environmental is a non starter. That's just window dressing. People are looking for jobs. They should be hired to do these cleaning on regular basis. The people of developed nations creates more trashes and litters their environments as we do, if not more, the difference is that they have dedicated labor force who cleans daily. Even their express ways are vacuumed and scrub washed with soap and water 2 _ 3 times weekly. That's the difference. Human activities generate dirt, cleaning it is our duty.
Re: Sorry States Of Lagos Island by rexzqcom(m): 7:52am On Dec 27, 2014
@ Mayor of Lagos,

If APC have a manifesto with plan to return to Regionalism, should come out with it and tell the nation how they intend to make it happen . That is the wish of most southerners. Is the north who have been against such order. I doubt Buhari will get northern vote for that.
Re: Sorry States Of Lagos Island by ayindejimmy(m): 8:32am On Dec 27, 2014
idumuose:

Hypocrites on rampage.You all blame Jonathan for his failure to put an end to insurgency and here you are blaming lagosians for

Fashola's failure.

Fashola has failed cos the buck stops at his table.
It's a waste of time, I obviously don't have, making you see my point. I don't even know where you're coming from. Who is blaming Gej here? Why the anger about blaming Gej... Is he your uncle... Did you hear me speak about the federal government?
If you can't address issues raised.. Plzzzzz, take a seat
Re: Sorry States Of Lagos Island by Unemadu: 10:03am On Dec 27, 2014
MayorofLagos:
The difference between Lagos of 1974 and 2014 is the migration pattern.

Yoruba has not left where they were, the same Yoruba that kept a neat, tidy and beautiful city in the 70s is still there......but they have been joined by migrants who brought with them filth and eyesore from village.

Mayorofibadan is this why lagos island is filty?

3 Likes

Re: Sorry States Of Lagos Island by Unemadu: 10:05am On Dec 27, 2014
Collynzo419:

You are Y1bo and you and your people have caused over population In Yorubaland

Ibos are the main problem in Lagos and we will need to tax you more to take care of our land since you people cannot survive in your enclave.

In threads like this, no Chinedu, okafor, emeka or chinyere has any right to talk ill of our governors. U are immigrants in Yorubaland - always remember that

Show us pics of your village for a change

If you tax igbos more will that change dirty habits?

5 Likes

Re: Sorry States Of Lagos Island by Unemadu: 10:14am On Dec 27, 2014
myola:

The blame rests squarely on the people.

After moving miles to dump your refuse what effort did you make to change that situation

Nigerias problem is too much individualism ( i dont care attitude )

Do the residents enjoy filth so much that they cant come together to tackle the situation?

Note: this does not apply only to environmental hygiene.

1 Like

Re: Sorry States Of Lagos Island by Tymax(m): 2:15pm On Dec 27, 2014
Dyt:

Mababo shogbo
Mon ba e pile e up
Jst one shot u will break the screen of whatever u typing it

Unam ikot
Ah! Please don't mind any insult thrown at you. Some people cannot simply make a point without hurling insults.

2 Likes

Re: Sorry States Of Lagos Island by Bruteforce101: 12:25am On Dec 28, 2014
customized13:
you have time oooo, don't you think mad people should be Ignored?

Mad people like Pa Nwabekeyi the okada rider. Lolzzzz

2 Likes

Re: Sorry States Of Lagos Island by Bruteforce101: 12:28am On Dec 28, 2014
Collynzo22:

Please ignore that coward, see how he is hiding behind a fake moniker to cause trouble.
The robot operates several accounts at once liking and quoting himself.
Stop giving him orgäsm by replying him.
He is a grade 1 bellend.

Amadi Collins Obinna, the road side welder. Shame you no get. Expect a letter from your supervisor by January. Its important

4 Likes

Re: Sorry States Of Lagos Island by redsun(m): 3:25am On Dec 28, 2014
Not very far away you have eko Atlantic emerging from the raging ocean. It is weird. Nobody should live like that,not even destitutes.

3 Likes

Re: Sorry States Of Lagos Island by IgrigiMercenery: 7:18am On Dec 28, 2014
Bruteforce101:

[s] Amadi Collins Obinna, the road side welder. Shame you no get. Expect a letter from your supervisor by January. Its important [/s]

**grins** Bayo, Close your smelly mouth and jagged teeth for once. A shell Engineer is better than a monkey that works in a bureau d change for his ab.oki master. **LOLS**

1 Like

Re: Sorry States Of Lagos Island by Bruteforce101: 8:21am On Dec 28, 2014
[s]
IgrigiMercenery:

**grins** Bayo, Close your smelly mouth and jagged teeth for once. A shell Engineer is better than a monkey that works in a bureau d change for his ab.oki master. **LOLS**
[/s]

You are just like your late father. No sense, just talk talk talk. Welder is now a shell emgineer, package it as u like...amadi the large head yeeboe remain a welder. Devil punish the Bayo and you together. Mumu

2 Likes

Re: Sorry States Of Lagos Island by Nobody: 9:07am On Dec 28, 2014
Someone should get us pictures from kosofe and owode area, where people swim before leaving their homes. cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Sorry States Of Lagos Island by reborn1: 11:00am On Dec 28, 2014
[s]
customized13:
Someone should get us pictures from kosofe and owode area, where people swim before leaving their homes. cheesy
[/s]

Dirty goat from Abia, your state is worst but you are quick to talk about others. Remove the log in your eyes, rubbish.
Re: Sorry States Of Lagos Island by redsun(m): 12:45pm On Dec 28, 2014
It is mind blowing to think this is 21st century Lagos with all the tax drives,Christmas lights,tree planting and bogus projects that only benefits the same blood suckers that are milking the people dry.

3 Likes

Re: Sorry States Of Lagos Island by francizy(m): 1:41am On Feb 13, 2015
dytbabe:

I actually expect these kinds of comments

I bet if u live here, u wld have died of cholera
Anuofia

Some people are just born to be slaves in their own fatherland, in their reasoning, in their way of life, in what they interpret, and just about everything concerning them..

Those two don't even deserve your time. You should have best ignored the gullible and blind fellows..

1 Like

Re: Sorry States Of Lagos Island by dytbabe: 11:03am On Feb 17, 2015
So its good to see they have started working on it
I hope they don't abandon

Re: Sorry States Of Lagos Island by Nobody: 11:16am On Feb 17, 2015
This is somewhere at ADOFF Iyana School Ojo, this pics was taking today, imagine how it will be in rainny season.

1 Like

Re: Sorry States Of Lagos Island by zimoni(f): 11:33am On Feb 17, 2015
Tinubu has ruined Lagos.

I like him as a person, but he should allow the governor to install the lg chairmen so they could be answerable to the governor.

They would perform when they know there's check and balance but in a situation where Tinubu collects about 40% of the lg allocation, how are they going to perform. LASG can't build all the roads. The lgs must also deliver.

Eko O Ni Baje Sha.
Re: Sorry States Of Lagos Island by Nobody: 12:03pm On Feb 17, 2015
Adoff Iyanay school Ojo

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Fulani Herdsmen Kill Pastor And His Two Workers During Attack In Edo (graphic) / Ferry Gberegbe's Children Gets N200M Scholarship From Wike / Governor El-Rufai Weeps On Meeting Boy Whose Eyes Were Removed By Ritualists

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.