Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,544 members, 7,823,385 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 09:30 AM

Want To Start A Cassava Farm While In Schl.....need Professional Advice - Agriculture (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Want To Start A Cassava Farm While In Schl.....need Professional Advice (8891 Views)

Vitamin A Cassava Tuber For Sale........ / Which Chemical Can I Apply On My Cassava Farm? / Buyers And Marketers Of Vitamin A Cassava( GARRI) Needed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Want To Start A Cassava Farm While In Schl.....need Professional Advice by jethro2: 2:53pm On Dec 30, 2014
Prodeegee:

The truth be told, if people like you are the ones ill meet at yabdi, then its not worth it.
You just insult anyone and everyone.
I knw you'll yab me too...but that's fine
YABDI has got nothing to do with how i express my personal opinion on issues
And no you got it wrong. Respect is reciprocal.
I attend to any one that feels i don't have to express myself because i have a contrary opinion.
Re: Want To Start A Cassava Farm While In Schl.....need Professional Advice by Lesgupnigeria(m): 3:37pm On Dec 30, 2014
AreaFada2:

Thanks for your sincere opinion.

However, I don't think we should be challenging each other, rather we should liaise and synchronise as much as possible.
As I do not have any evidence that the gentleman is just making things up, I think it's fair to give him a positive signal to assist where possible.

I assume (rightly or wrongly) that your business is based in the East, while the gentleman is based in the West.

I don't think I'm totally wrong to believe that market volume might differ in both places. Considering location of Ogun/Oyo being closer to Lagos & its population and available export possibilities.

Peace.
Kindly check my new thread to see the whole truth about the transaction.
nairaland.com/2067189/open-truth-cassava-transaction-false
Re: Want To Start A Cassava Farm While In Schl.....need Professional Advice by Lesgupnigeria(m): 3:40pm On Dec 30, 2014
stagger:
Jethro2,

I recall that when I replied to Amarawa on a similar thread that gari was going for 6000 per 50kg bag, u clearly said I know nothing about the business, and that the said 50kg bag is 2,500 or 3,000.

Amarawa went to a market here in the FCT, and confirmed that what I said was the fact.

There is something you are not doing right, and I think you are in a wrong location. Instead of shooting down people's dreams and acting as a doubting Thomas (mind you, Thomas the doubter was eventually proven wrong), I think you should liaise with others having more success, rub minds, exchange ideas and move forward.

By the way, I agree with you that processing is the way to go. But it is also possible to meet with companies who need cassava as raw materials. They hardly get enough to meet their requirements so they will offer better pricing.

A company like Ekha Agro which produces glucose syrup for use by drinks companies has to fulfill its obligations to its clients such as NBC. They will therefore be quite desperate for raw cassava and will offer better pricing than a local processor who makes gari for sale to end users.

Get my drift?
Thanks for all your contributions on this agric section.
please check my latest article to see the whole truth.
Re: Want To Start A Cassava Farm While In Schl.....need Professional Advice by Lesgupnigeria(m): 3:41pm On Dec 30, 2014
Russell145:
I am fllwing, bt u guys shld take it easy, this shldnt result to insults nd tins of the sort. To my post, where i intend doing the business is in Edo state. The cassava will be processed into garri and sold at the market till i am able to expand. My mum already has the machine which they use for processing the cassava. Another question is this, processing the cassava into garri nd selling it raw, which is more profitable.
You can check how all my cassava transaction was made on my latest thread.
thanks
Re: Want To Start A Cassava Farm While In Schl.....need Professional Advice by Lesgupnigeria(m): 3:44pm On Dec 30, 2014
Dokitadotun:
@OP, look well well and learn my brother. @Lesgupnigeria, first and foremost i don't think it is gentlemanly of you to be taunting someone that he couldn't sell off his farm produce. No, not at all. I am a follower of your post on NL. Secondly, i will personally want to know why you did not assist jethro2 in getting links to buyers?. I strongly believe you are out to help guys, at least from your postings so far. @Jethro2, things may not always be one sided, what you think is not working here may be working there. Pls let us be sincere in our analysis. I have met great guys on NL who are genuine to the core. Have a nice day everyone.
you can check my genuine cassava transaction on my latest thread.
Kindly check my new thread to see the whole truth about the transaction.
Re: Want To Start A Cassava Farm While In Schl.....need Professional Advice by Lesgupnigeria(m): 3:46pm On Dec 30, 2014
solbash11:
@ lesgupnigeria
@ jethro

E ma ja n'ibi yi o, Mi o Fe wahala ooo!
(make u no wage e-war for here, I no want wahala oooo)

Seriously, you guys should settle ur scores amicably.
May God help you.
Kindly check my new thread to see the whole truth about the transaction.Thank you
Re: Want To Start A Cassava Farm While In Schl.....need Professional Advice by Lesgupnigeria(m): 3:48pm On Dec 30, 2014
Soloxam:
Just passing.
kindly pass reach my new thread to see the whole truth of the cassava transactions.
Re: Want To Start A Cassava Farm While In Schl.....need Professional Advice by jethro2: 3:51pm On Dec 30, 2014
See me see this idiot oooo.
I wrote my post and said dont quote me without mentioning any name or quoting anyone.
Please do you read what you wrote?
"How was i refering to your boss?

You reason upside down. I am not so suprise.

Kudos for your investigative journalism

No, they are not pampering me. They are glad someone is exposing the scam called lesgupnigeria

Offcourse i know he has cassava farm. I can take you to the farm site if you want.

I am glad you are working. Keep it coming.

But i still insist lesgupnigeria is deceiving people about cassava. You have not yet convince me.

Yet your boss that knows
Firstman01:

you got my point straight away. No any sign of leadership trait.
You threw a stone at someone without a just cause and you said the person should nt quote you. You should not have thrown d stone in the first place if you dont want him to quote/attack you. Freedom of speech does not mean you should see a mopol/ an army and tell him 'officer you be thief o'.
A leader of her calibre, if you hav personal issues wt ur friend, call him one on one and sort things out. And not coming to the social media to attack his integrity.
For her to say d cassava success story of lesgup is a fabricated story and a scam without a proof. The meaning is that a to z of d whole lesgup story is 100% fake. Hotmass testified that he(lesgup) got d farmland from him. The breaking news now is that lesgup has released a proof that he sold over N1m worth of cassava.
My brother, people are pampering her, seems they are really afraid to scold her of her gross insolence cos of the foul,dirty and abusive utterances she wl dish out at them.
Re: Want To Start A Cassava Farm While In Schl.....need Professional Advice by Lesgupnigeria(m): 3:52pm On Dec 30, 2014
mercylicious:
@stagger, poultry section is what it is cos we have real farmers there. Real farmers understand what it takes to be a farmer. They help you when you have issues cos they are practising farmers.

Wait till u have sellers/mkters in dt section and see how it will go. They paint a beautiful picture to make u buy what th have to sell. I saw one post by a seller in poultry section and fnk was quick to put things right, cos he is a practising farmer.
thanks madam for your contributions on agric sections.
kindly check my new threads to see the whole truth of the cassava transactions.
thanks
Re: Want To Start A Cassava Farm While In Schl.....need Professional Advice by Lesgupnigeria(m): 3:55pm On Dec 30, 2014
jasper7:
All info posted here should be verifiable. we are here to help and not to boast. if na to boast, we can do that in bizness section
kindly check my new thread to see that i no dey boast and you can verify it yourself.
Re: Want To Start A Cassava Farm While In Schl.....need Professional Advice by Lesgupnigeria(m): 3:57pm On Dec 30, 2014
cava:
@ jethro take it easy. i can sight pride from ur write up on this thread. take it easy. iam not and advocate of lesgup or anyone else but they way you drive your points and opinion makes it like look childish. the other time u opened thread to accuse the federal government of being fraudlent and unrealistic while some people have benefitted from the same avenue you targeted fraudlent. the most embarrasing situation in life is seeing someone achieve what you say is impossible.Years back i told my MD that a task was impossible to achieve only to see my colleague achieve my impossiblity. since then i have learnt to stoop to learn. a beg if u have any issue against lespug ,u guys should take it else where and not here. we are here to learn. for the fact you have been invited to tutor new farmers at yadbi or any other place should not make you see your self as being too important to write trash.pride they say goes before a fall
@lesgup i know business is like a war zone you cannot let the other person know your strong hold or weak point but if there have ways you can help your fellow nairalander please do and let us stop raining insults here. we are here to learn.thanks
Kindly check my new thread to see the whole truth about the transaction.Thank you
Re: Want To Start A Cassava Farm While In Schl.....need Professional Advice by Lesgupnigeria(m): 4:00pm On Dec 30, 2014
naijareferee:
at lesgupnigeria...i think your reputation should be protected here cos of what i want to do with u next year
at jethro2....i think you should be humble enough to follow the lead of gurus in the field....if not e go be like say u get bad belle
showing you his financial transactions is a no brainer esp as a business man...what if the company he transacted with sue him for unnecessary exposure
i think even if u are not happy with his anability to help you...now that you need him most...you should thread carefully cos wisdom will be profitable here
at lesgupnigeria... pls dont tout peoples ill fortune or misadventure...cos u are giving a wrong impression to your would be customer

i think the person at a loss here is the op...who sought for advise but only to witness the e war of two people with bottled up anger

pls lets encourage the young man and help him where possible
Re: Want To Start A Cassava Farm While In Schl.....need Professional Advice by Lesgupnigeria(m): 4:08pm On Dec 30, 2014
Firstman01:

you're a 'referee' indeed man! Love ur submission and dat of @stagger.
So much dissapointed in jethro2 too for disregarding the advice of the elders like Stagger, an elder and a professional who has bn into farming since '80s. A yoruba adage says 't'omode ba ni aso ju agbalagba, ko le ni akisa bi agba'. Somebody should help interpret this o.
He is still ranting,attacking and making noise, going to other threads(plantains) to raise ds cassava issues again. A high sense of immaturity n arrogance frm jethro2. This is not ur 1st time of destructively attacking personality on ds forum, u've also insulted stagger calling him Methuselah, Judging n condeming him by ur myopic sense of reasoning.
This is d submission from an elder(Stagger)- "there is something u're not doing right... Instead of shooting down people's dreams n acting like a doubting Thomas,... U should liaise wt others having more success,rub minds and move forward".

i want to thank you guys that believe in me even with the heavy false accusation against me.God bless you all
Re: Want To Start A Cassava Farm While In Schl.....need Professional Advice by Lesgupnigeria(m): 4:13pm On Dec 30, 2014
jethro2:

but its the facts that I know lesgup has been deceiving with most of his write ups on cassava. He has no contract with any cassava processing factory.

you can say that again in the law court with evidences to back your statement up.
Re: Want To Start A Cassava Farm While In Schl.....need Professional Advice by Lesgupnigeria(m): 4:15pm On Dec 30, 2014
Prodeegee:

The truth be told, if people like you are the ones ill meet at yabdi, then its not worth it.

You just insult anyone and everyone.

I knw you'll yab me too...but that's fine

I wonder o

Re: Want To Start A Cassava Farm While In Schl.....need Professional Advice by Prodeegee(m): 4:23pm On Dec 30, 2014
Lesgupnigeria:

I wonder o

I've seen it man. Just keep your cool. Uve acted mature enough. Keep it rolling
Re: Want To Start A Cassava Farm While In Schl.....need Professional Advice by Prodeegee(m): 4:40pm On Dec 30, 2014
jethro2:

YABDI has got nothing to do with how i express my personal opinion on issues
And no you got it wrong. Respect is reciprocal.
I attend to any one that feels i don't have to express myself because i have a contrary opinion.

YABDI has got everything to do with it.

So if someone attacks you at yabdi you'll probably call him a fool or a dullard for asking questions.

The first thing you look forward to in a responsible leader is manners.

I wonder if the Agric section got really cool people or they're all threading softly as someone has said so you don't attack them.

And still you keep doing it even after much advice.

As supermatins will say, "be selective in your battles, sometimes peace is better than being right"

This is going to tell much of who you are. Pls stop this act of ' adiye da mi logun nu...' Settle ur scores amicably.

My 2kobo
Re: Want To Start A Cassava Farm While In Schl.....need Professional Advice by Prodeegee(m): 4:43pm On Dec 30, 2014
Firstman01:

you got my point straight away. No any sign of leadership trait.

You threw a stone at someone without a just cause and you said the person should nt quote you. You should not have thrown d stone in the first place if you dont want him to quote/attack you. Freedom of speech does not mean you should see a mopol/ an army and tell him 'officer you be thief o'.
A leader of her calibre, if you hav personal issues wt ur friend, call him one on one and sort things out. And not coming to the social media to attack his integrity.
For her to say d cassava success story of lesgup is a fabricated story and a scam without a proof. The meaning is that a to z of d whole lesgup story is 100% fake. Hotmass testified that he(lesgup) got d farmland from him. The breaking news now is that lesgup has released a proof that he sold over N1m worth of cassava.

My brother, people are pampering her, seems they are really afraid to scold her of her gross insolence cos of the foul,dirty and abusive utterances she wl dish out at them.

Lol...people are saving their reputation on nairaland...they won't let someone come and go and come and ruin their rep danudanu...lol.
Re: Want To Start A Cassava Farm While In Schl.....need Professional Advice by Nobody: 6:14pm On Dec 30, 2014
Abeg, e don do.

You guys should stop attacking Jethro. She said her mind.
@legsup, jethro isnt the first person that has questioned your figures , i dont know why you took hers personal. Soladel, the cassava technology transfer expert from iita once did. I recall she told you post sales figures takes up to 30% of cassava production. Another cassava farmer also did and your argument then.was that the cost varies from location to location . Jethro's point was that we should look b4 we leap and that if you want to go into cassava, you should think processing along wit it cos of the occasional gluts. It isnt as if she didnt sign agreement with a processor but they changed their minds and were pricing it ridiculously low and hence she decided to wait before she sells. Though i dont know jethro nor even heard her voice, but i have followed her posts and know she has farmed a wide range of crops and from her experience, cassava wasnt as good as the others she tried and she sounded warning to others.

Ive have spoken to legsup on phone b4 now and he sounds good but i must say here dt u gave the first blow by quoting her and attacking her goods (Except there has been an issue b4 now btw you two) .

@firstman and prodigee, why una come dey carry d matter for head?

I wont want to start probing legsup evidence, nor quoting old posts on this cassava matter. please let the sleeping dog lie.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Want To Start A Cassava Farm While In Schl.....need Professional Advice by oluks05: 6:29pm On Dec 30, 2014
mercylicious:
Abeg, e don do.

@legsup, jethro isnt the first person that has questioned your figures , i dont know why you took hers personal. Soladel, the cassava technology transfer expert from iita once did. I recall she told you post sales figures takes up to 30% of cassava production. Another cassava farmer also did and your argument then.was that the cost varies from location to location . Jethro's point was that we should look b4 we leap and that if you want to go into cassava, you should think processing along wit it cos of the occasional gluts. It isnt as if she didnt sign agreement with a processor but they changed their minds and were pricing it ridiculously low and hence she decided to wait before she sells. Though i dont know jethro nor even heard her voice, but i have followed her posts and know she has farmed a wide range of crops and from her experience, cassava wasnt as good as the others she tried and she sounded warning to others.

Ive have spoken to legsup on phone b4 now and he sounds good but i must say here dt u gave the first blow by quoting her and attacking her goods (Except there has been an issue b4 now btw you two) .

I wont want to start probing legsup evidence, nor quoting old posts on this cassava matter. please let the sleeping dog lie.

Jethro took it to another "abnormal" level calling him a scammer, a thief, a lie, without any prove or evidence other than a "hunch". She went all out to attack him with no justification. Jehtro is someone I really look up to in this agric section I have read and followed all her thread but the way she was so vindictive about this was a thorough let down. While I tend to get her point of trying to prevent anyone especially we newbies from falling prey to "whatever" her approach were totally off point!
Re: Want To Start A Cassava Farm While In Schl.....need Professional Advice by Aidenehi: 8:47pm On Dec 30, 2014
[quote author=oluks05 post=29344005]

Jethro took it to another "abnormal" level calling him a scammer, a thief, a lie, without any prove or evidence other than a "hunch". She went all out to attack him with no justification. Jehtro is someone I really look up to in this agric section I have read and followed all her thread but the way she was so vindictive about this was a thorough let down. While I tend to get her point of trying to prevent anyone especially we newbies from falling prey to "whatever" her approach were totally off point!

I once admired Jethro. But now I don't think so anymore
Re: Want To Start A Cassava Farm While In Schl.....need Professional Advice by OluchiDelly: 9:25pm On Dec 30, 2014
oluks05:

yes, "totally off point" you used the right words. i am happy that people are out to condemn her ill manners. She professed to have submitted and admitted that she is been childish, yet she keeps bringing out more irrelevant points and every of her comment has been so abusive and full of dirty words.

1 Like

Re: Want To Start A Cassava Farm While In Schl.....need Professional Advice by jethro2: 9:38pm On Dec 30, 2014
OluchiDelly:

i am happy that people are out to condemn her ill manners. She professed to have submitted and admitted that she is been childish, yet she keeps bringing out more irrelevant points and every of her comment has been so abusive and full of dirty words.
You smell of so much desperation.
This brings to mind a lesgupnigeria cassava thread where someone point out the fact that two of the foot soldiers got registered on nairaland same day in order to defend their boss.
For that same fact that you register in less than 30 minutes and i am your main target means a lot.
I guess i give up.
Re: Want To Start A Cassava Farm While In Schl.....need Professional Advice by OluchiDelly: 9:57pm On Dec 30, 2014
jethro2:

You smell of so much desperation.
This brings to mind a lesgupnigeria cassava thread where someone point out the fact that two of the foot soldiers got registered on nairaland same day in order to defend their boss.
For that same fact that you register in less than 30 minutes and i am your main target means a lot.
I guess i give up.

just in incase you do not know, this website has more non register followers than the registered ones. People are following all over the world. I decided to register this night to be able to talk senses into your medulla oblongata.
Re: Want To Start A Cassava Farm While In Schl.....need Professional Advice by Aqudo: 10:50pm On Dec 30, 2014
Prodeegee:

YABDI has got everything to do with it.

So if someone attacks you at yabdi you'll probably call him a fool or a dullard for asking questions.

The first thing you look forward to in a responsible leader is manners.

I wonder if the Agric section got really cool people or they're all threading softly as someone has said so you don't attack them.

And still you keep doing it even after much advice.

As supermatins will say, "be selective in your battles, sometimes peace is better than being right"

This is going to tell much of who you are. Pls stop this act of ' adiye da mi logun nu...' Settle ur scores amicably.

My 2kobo

monitoring the whole thing since. I just registered too.because without registering you caannot coment. Are you people really sure this person called jethro is really a leader?
I think he should go for courses on Public Speaking. He really needs to seek for knowledge from those who know better as stager has advised.
Re: Want To Start A Cassava Farm While In Schl.....need Professional Advice by Prodeegee(m): 12:32am On Dec 31, 2014
Aqudo:

monitoring the whole thing since. I just registered too.because without registering you caannot coment. Are you people really sure this person called jethro is really a leader?
I think he should go for courses on Public Speaking. He really needs to seek for knowledge from those who know better as stager has advised.

Funny enof, He is a She...that complicates everything ryt?
Re: Want To Start A Cassava Farm While In Schl.....need Professional Advice by Prodeegee(m): 12:39am On Dec 31, 2014
mercylicious:
Abeg, e don do.

Hello, was I talking to you?

Do you own this thread or are you Jethro?

If I carry am for head na ur head I put am? Na only you waka come?

Pls pls and pls I came here to make a point, with respect to everyone here. Even jethro.

I nevr said anything about the transactions, just d manners.
Re: Want To Start A Cassava Farm While In Schl.....need Professional Advice by Aqudo: 2:49am On Dec 31, 2014
Prodeegee:

Funny enof, He is a She...that complicates everything ryt?

i am a 'she' also. for being a she, that is the more reason she needs to be humble and pocket her pride to publicly apologise, for the good of her matrimonial home and that of d forum. This is what i expect her P.A you just scolded to tell her.
We in diaspora here can see she has been defeated but still provin stubborn.
We also notice she put all her contacts: office add, farm add, meeting venue on this forum yet she is still abusing and calling people "stupid, fool, idiot". Did she know d true id of those people she abuses?
We expect her to just apologise, she already landed herself into trouble when she said her rival did "not do any cassava transaction and that the cassava company is a ghost one". But the bank document released prove contrary.

2 Likes

Re: Want To Start A Cassava Farm While In Schl.....need Professional Advice by Lesgupnigeria(m): 10:01am On Dec 31, 2014
To everyone that made 2014 informative,contributed one or two things on this thread and on agric section,
Also for your support,contructive criticisms,understanding
i want to say thank you

Let's make agricbusiness more vibrant, innovative and more profitable in this coming year 2015.

Happy new year in advance.
Re: Want To Start A Cassava Farm While In Schl.....need Professional Advice by Nobody: 10:14am On Dec 31, 2014
Aqudo:

i am a 'she' also. for being a she, that is the more reason she needs to be humble and pocket her pride to publicly apologise, for the good of her matrimonial home and that of d forum. This is what i expect her P.A you just scolded to tell her.
We in diaspora here can see she has been defeated but still provin stubborn.
We also notice she put all her contacts: office add, farm add, meeting venue on this forum yet she is still abusing and calling people "stupid, fool, idiot". Did she know d true id of those people she abuses?
We expect her to just apologise, she already landed herself into trouble when she said her rival did "not do any cassava transaction and that the cassava company is a ghost one". But the bank document released prove contrary.

i've said it dat i do not feel insulted by those names she called me cos i am a leader to the core, i kno wht it takes to be humble.
She used those ugly names just because she felt i and host of others are in kg class. And she must have read my comments on other threads where i addressed pple as my oga, boss, sir. I respect ppl, regardless of their ages and finacial status, who are better equiped/knowledgeable than me in their field cos i want to learn from them.
If she had passed thru post graduate schools, she would had seen 35yrs old phd holder lecturer who is a boss to 40 to 45yrs old students. Is not about d age but the knowlegde. If she had not pushed stagger to d wall, no one could hav known dat d man can even giv birth to her.
Wisdom/knowledge is d principal thing, in all ur dealings, get it. Wshing everyone happy new year in adv.

3 Likes

Re: Want To Start A Cassava Farm While In Schl.....need Professional Advice by Lesgupnigeria(m): 11:40am On Dec 31, 2014
Aqudo:

Thanks for your contributions.
I have stated my own condition to forget and move on.
My advise for is for her to do the needful and i will move on,or else i will resume legal action.
Thanks.
Re: Want To Start A Cassava Farm While In Schl.....need Professional Advice by jasper7(m): 6:46pm On Jan 02, 2015
Lesgupnigeria:

kindly check my new thread to see that i no dey boast and you can verify it yourself.
I am sincerely happy with what you have posted. the reason why I have been quite aggressive over this issue is because you are one of the people I have been looking up to on this section. altho am not into cassava farming at all. but I have read virtually all your thread here. it would have been a great disappointment if all your info were unverified. it's good you have posted what you did. I'll let those with the bone in their mouth to continue. but at least am satisfied and relaxed now. Thanks bro

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

The Lord Prepared A Bush Meat Before Me This Morning / WE Sell Empty Shipping Containers & Refrigerated(reefer) Containers20ft And 40ft / 12 Things You Must Know As A Farmer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 105
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.