Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,408 members, 7,826,579 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 04:32 PM

Want To Start A Cassava Farm While In Schl.....need Professional Advice - Agriculture (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Want To Start A Cassava Farm While In Schl.....need Professional Advice (8894 Views)

Vitamin A Cassava Tuber For Sale........ / Which Chemical Can I Apply On My Cassava Farm? / Buyers And Marketers Of Vitamin A Cassava( GARRI) Needed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Want To Start A Cassava Farm While In Schl.....need Professional Advice by Aidenehi: 8:48pm On Jan 02, 2015
@jasper 7, u are very right, there are lot of young farmers here looking up to lesgupnigeria. I am one of them. Now I am satisfied with d way he has cleared his name
Re: Want To Start A Cassava Farm While In Schl.....need Professional Advice by jethro2: 7:59am On Jan 03, 2015
Lesgupnigeria:

Thanks for your contributions.
I have stated my own condition to forget and move on.
My advise for is for her to do the needful and i will move on,or else i will resume legal action.
Thanks.
I keep saying it and i will keep saying it that i will apologise to you on every thread on nairand if and when you successfully prove to me how profitable cassava planting and selling has been and how you have been raklng in N1,000,000 from 5 hectares like you claimed.
Those things you posted as evidence will can only convince a novice an internet farmer which you know i am not.

That is what you and i perfectly know.

Your grouse is that i said cassava farming is not profitable which i still insist its not.

Cassava is not profitable as you have been enticing people to venture into it.

To deserve the apology, you will have to successfully prove that you have been making millions from cassava planting.
That should not be an issue to you since you have been making the millions from cassava planting and selling.

NOTE
I WILL APOLOGISE ON EVERY THREAD ON NAIRALAND, NOT ONLY ON AGRICULTURE SECTION IF YOU CAN PROVE THE PROFITABILITY OF CASSAVA AS YOU HAVE CLAIMED.
PEACE
Re: Want To Start A Cassava Farm While In Schl.....need Professional Advice by Nobody: 8:08am On Jan 22, 2015
Chikezierussell@yahoo.com
Lesgupnigeria:

I could not get your message on my inbox.
Post your email here to get started.
Re: Want To Start A Cassava Farm While In Schl.....need Professional Advice by Goldenboy842(m): 10:16am On Jan 22, 2015
Process it and export to Akwa-Ibom state u'll make more money.
Re: Want To Start A Cassava Farm While In Schl.....need Professional Advice by INFOTECH2: 9:44pm On Jan 23, 2015
The real loser here is @Russell145. He started this thread to get advice from the gurus here and he has virtually been left hanging while his thread was turned into WWE (table and ladder match).

Please assist him with advice that would help him and others.

Wat I have learnt :

1. Its better to process your cassava after harvesting.

2. It also good to make a new thread if your original one has been taken over.

3. It is very good to be calm and patient while learning from all the gurus.

4. Research far and wide, then put it all into good use.

Happy new year everyone`

Russell145:
Good day everyone, my name is Chikezie Russell, a 200lvl student studying maritime management technology at the federal university of technology, owerri. I have seen the recent trend in the Nigerian economy in relation to the fall in the price of oil. With the way things are going in this country, there is every tedency for the Nigerian govt to shift frm oil to agriculture. Many graduates will want to becme involved in agriculture because in abt 5 to 10 yrs frm nw, agriculture will start paying like the oil industry(if nt more than). Only an unwise person( forgive me) will forsee such things and neglect it. To me, any poor man choses to be poor, except maybe circumstances. I cant say that i am frm a well to do hme, bt i intend to change dat. It is funny nowadays wen u see pple looking fr jobs wen most of their parents lands are lying in waste in the village. I would nt like fr smeone to pay my salary, instead i want to employ and pay pple via agriculture. I want to have the biggest farm in Africa. I want to export agricultural produce to other nations. Although these are big dreams, bt big dreams start small wit determination. My mum has abt 5 acres of land where she grows cassava and pineapple bt has nt been able to move frward(which i will attribute to her limitation in education). I will like to start a cassava farm. Whatever profit i make will be reinvested to expand the business. I intend going into exportation of my farm produce(thank God fr the course i am studying) in due time. The only challenge that i am having in my plan is time optimization. How am i going to balance my studies and the farm business 2geda. How am i going to start in this small way nd get to the stage of exporting nd hw to go about it and also financing. The issue of land is solved as well as the cassava stem needed for planting which my mum already has. This why i am here to seek the support of professionals, experts, great thinkers and others alike. Thank you so much for your support. God bless you, God bless agriculture and God bless NIGERIA, Amen.
Re: Want To Start A Cassava Farm While In Schl.....need Professional Advice by jethro2: 1:09am On Jan 24, 2015
I would not say he lose but would rather say he was exposed to options that could make or mar him.
Left for him to decide
INFOTECH2:
The real loser here is @Russell145. He started this thread to get advice from the gurus here and he has virtually been left hanging while his thread was turned into WWE (table and ladder match).

Please assist him with advice that would help him and others.

Wat I have learnt :

1. Its better to process your cassava after harvesting.

2. It also good to make a new thread if your original one has been taken over.

3. It is very good to be calm and patient while learning from all the gurus.

4. Research far and wide, then put it all into good use.

Happy new year everyone`

Re: Want To Start A Cassava Farm While In Schl.....need Professional Advice by Lesgupnigeria(m): 9:40am On Jan 27, 2015
Russell145:
Chikezierussell@yahoo.com
I think i sent it to you some times back
Some materials were attached to the mail.
If it was not you that i sent it to,please let me know asap.
thanks
Re: Want To Start A Cassava Farm While In Schl.....need Professional Advice by PresidKing(m): 8:09am On Sep 13, 2015
I love this comment, FYI, when I hear of cassava farming, I develop hypertension, heartache, and even headache, I mean severe ones, and I mean it, I still give kudos to those who do this farming, and before you say jack, I grow up with cassava farming, it is one I will always hate except you are the processor with processing machines right from peeling to get it market ready.

like advised, be careful of cassava farming.

jethro2:
I will advise you do cassava on the following conditions
1. If you will be the processor. That is you are adding value to it in whatever form. Be it starch, gari etc
2. If the processing firm is directly beside your farm. I meant some few kilometer distance.
Reason
1. Cassava prices are dictated by the processors. They are all privately owned and fix unreasonable price to extort farmers. The farmers are always at their mercy. So you are forced to sell.
2. Transportation cost takes the whole bulk of what could have been your gain. Cassava is a perishable goods that have a short life span
Lastly,cassava is not as profitable as people tend to claim. Most are after the consultation fee and hide behind the fact that until after a year or more before you get to discover you have been scammed.
NOTE
Please dont quote me if you dont have figures, names, clients, companies results that can testify and will be verified on the forum to prove me wrong.
Thank you

At Op, Agriculture is a very good venture and a highly profitable one. But please cassava is not. Until we have a regulated price by government to stabilise the fluctuations in price, its a no no area.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

WE Sell Empty Shipping Containers & Refrigerated(reefer) Containers20ft And 40ft / The Lord Prepared A Bush Meat Before Me This Morning / 12 Things You Must Know As A Farmer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.