Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,390 members, 7,815,833 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:06 PM

Who Is The Spirit Of Truth In The Holly Bible. - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Who Is The Spirit Of Truth In The Holly Bible. (6346 Views)

Woman Delivered From The 'spirit Of Madness' At Lagos Church (Photos) / God Delivered My Sister From The Spirit Of Insanity: My Testimony / Are You Possessed By The Spirit Of The Dog? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Is The Spirit Of Truth In The Holly Bible. by Ovacoma: 6:07pm On May 29, 2015
eshbeewanna:

Your questions are senseless because they are baseless alllegations.

Back to the issue of holy ghost speaking.You christians always get jesus wrong often times whenever he says anything in the bible.The same way you interpreted him when he used the word "son of God" is just the same way you understand "holy ghost speaking".But the truth is holy ghost doesn't talk like human beign but rather "inspire" just like when they say "GOD Speak" not in the real sense of it.That is why up till now none you of have never seen the holy ghost live,talking to people and teaching people the word of God just the way jesus did during is life time.
Jesus was referring in that verse of John to a person like him(human) that will speak,hear,teach and show like he did.Moreover the holy ghost has ever been present before jesus came and also present with jesus during his mission.So why would jesus sent holy ghost that has ever been present to the disciples who knew this fact.But rather jesus was referring to a new person entirely a prophet and not a ghost.If God could send jesus a man that one can see and yet people still disbelieve him.Is it a ghost that people can't see they will believe?

That is why the Greek old manuscript used to interprete the bible distinctively used the word below:

The Greek word translated as "hear" in the Biblical verses ("whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak"wink is the Greek word "akouo" {ak-oo'-o} meaning to perceive sounds. It has, for instance, given us the word "acoustics," the science of sounds. Similarly the verb "to speak" is the Greek verb "laleo" {lal-eh'-o} which has the general meaning "to emit sounds" and the specific meaning "to speak." This verb occurs very frequently in the Greek text of the Gospels. It designates a solemn declaration by Jesus (peace be upon him) during his preachings (For example Matthew 9:18). Obviously these verbs require hearing and speech organs in order to facilitate them. There is a distinct difference between someone "inspiring" something and him "speaking" something. So the Paraclete will "hear" and "speak," not "inspire."

Jesus says:

That seeing they may see, and not perceived: and hearing they may hear, and not understand; lest at any time they should be converted and their sins should be forgiven them.  And He said unto them, Know ye not this parable? And how then will you know all parables?”  Mark 4:10-13,Mathw 13:13
i don't read ur essay, just answer those questions, if you can't, then just let go. '
was Muhammad sent from God in the name of Jesus? Did Muhammad come to the disciples of Jesus on the Pentecost? Does Muhammad live forever? Did Muhammad comfort Jesus disciples? Jesus says i will not leave u comfortless. how many years did it take Muhammad to show up? Can a comforter from God be killing people, raiding caravans, rapping slaves, lying, womanising, etc? Haba, can't quran only defend muha? Please, let peace reign!'. You say these questions are senseless and baseless? You don't even care for your own soul! Do you think muha can live @ this period without being arrested and hanged? This is d man u are defending shamelessly. You want to go to the same heaven with a man that commanded his followers to be raiding and stealing from merchant caravans, sleeping with a nine year old girl? I am not sure u can even think of doing such evils. Pathetic!

2 Likes

Re: Who Is The Spirit Of Truth In The Holly Bible. by Ovacoma: 9:07pm On May 29, 2015
Maamin:

And what is your point? undecided
he needs some special deliverance!
Re: Who Is The Spirit Of Truth In The Holly Bible. by Maamin(m): 11:01pm On May 29, 2015
Ovacoma:
he needs some special deliverance!

Of course he does..he is dead to the truth.
Re: Who Is The Spirit Of Truth In The Holly Bible. by eshbeewanna: 10:40am On May 30, 2015
Maamin:

Which of my questions above did you answer?

You are just an ignorant! You are not here to accept the truth even if God comes down to show you but just to argue just for the fun of it.My reply to you has answered your questions if you know your bible very well.

You know you don't a have any defence anymore.Instead of you to come out to tell us you don't have answer to the question I asked you.You just use question to answer question.
What a pity!

As regard your question about the name of God in Islam you display your ignorance again.

The word for God in arabic is AL-RABB while Gods real name of One true God is ALLAH(Eloh in hebrew
The Muslims call on to GOD Almighty as "The LORD" or "The GOD", which means "Yahweh" or "Jehovah" in Hebrew and "Al-Rab" in Arabic.

Please don't forget to answer my question about the holy ghost that I asked you in my previous reply.When you reply me.
Re: Who Is The Spirit Of Truth In The Holly Bible. by Maamin(m): 3:47pm On May 30, 2015
eshbeewanna:

You are just an ignorant! You are not here to accept the truth even if God comes down to show you but just to argue just for the fun of it.My reply to you has answered your questions if you know your bible very well.

You know you don't a have any defence anymore.Instead of you to come out to tell us you don't have answer to the question I asked you.You just use question to answer question.
What a pity!

As regard your question about the name of God in Islam you display your ignorance again.

The word for God in arabic is AL-RABB while Gods real name of One true God is ALLAH(Eloh in hebrew
The Muslims call on to GOD Almighty as "The LORD" or "The GOD", which means "Yahweh" or "Jehovah" in Hebrew and "Al-Rab" in Arabic.

Please don't forget to answer my question about the holy ghost that I asked you in my previous reply.When you reply me.

Hahahaha..i smell al-takiyyah, you lied very passionately. Here is what wiki says about the meaning of the words 'Ar-rabb' and 'Allah'....

Ar-Rabb

Rabb (Arabic: رب‎, Turkish: Rab is an Arabic word meaning Lord, Sustainer, Cherisher, Master, Nourisher. In Islam, Ar-Rabb is often used to address Allah, although Ar-Rabb is not one of the 99 names (or attributes) of Allah. When it is used with the definite article 'Ar' (Ar-Rabb) the Arabic word refers to Allah. As for other than Allah, it can be used to say Rabb Ad-Dar, the master of such and such object or the nourisher of such and such object. Rabb is also a common and acceptable first and/or last name throughout the world.
The literal meaning of the word is Sustainer, Master and/or "Nourisher", and in that sense, a man is the "rabb" of his house. With the same root is the verb yurabbi, meaning "raise" (as in raise a child).Rabb also mean the "Creator" as it is refer in the Quran several times "رب العالمين". However, Rabb covers such a wide meaning, that other languages lack an equivalent of the word.[citation needed] Some have explained it to mean a fostering things in such a manner as to make them attain one condition after another until they reach their goal of completion. Thus, it conveys not only the idea of fostering, bringing up or nourishing, but also that of regulating, completing, accomplishing, cherishing, sustaining and bringing to maturity by evolution from the earliest state to that of the highest perfection. The Quran, in Surah Fatihah, introduces this name in the beginning, "All praise and gratitude is due to Allah, Rabb of all the worlds." Note that it mentions "Rabb of all the worlds", thus stating clearly that he takes care, nourishes, fosters through every stage of existence, everything that exists.

Pre-Islamic Arabians used to believe that, while there were multiple 'aalihah (gods), only Allah was the Rabb (Lord/sustainer) of the earth and heavens. He is believed to be the abstract Supreme Being who is beyond any resemblance and the one who governs the heavens and earth.[citation needed]. In pre-Islamic Arabia, which is commonly referred to as the Jahiliya era, the worship of God(Allah) along other lesser gods was common, but Mohammad introduced a different religion centered on Allah. One of Mohammad's aims was to reintroduce Allah as being the "Rabbu alAAalameen" Or "رَبِّ الْعَالَمِينَ" which translates as "the Lord of the Worlds", who is beyond being solely a creator, but also the Only Deity who should be recognized by all men . Going back in history, other prophets, such as Abraham (in the Islamic view) and Moses, were also preaching to introduce God(Allah)as the Rabb(Lord) and say: Surely we are the apostles of the Lord of the worlds" [26:16] ... "قَالَ فِرْعَوْنُ وَمَا رَبُّ الْعَالَمِينَ " which may translate as "Pharaoh said: And what is the Lord of the worlds?" [26:23] "قَالَ رَبُّ السَّمَاوَاتِ وَالْأَرْضِ وَمَا بَيْنَهُمَا ۖ إِن كُنتُم مُّوقِنِينَ" which translates as "Musa"(Moses) said: The Lord of the heavens and the earth and what is between them, if you would be sure." [26:24]
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rabb

Allah

Allah (English pronunciation: /ˈælə/ or /ˈɑːlə/;[1] Arabic: الله‎ Allāh, IPA: [ʔalˤˈlˤɑːh]) is the Arabic word for God (al ilāh, literally "the God"wink.[2][3][4] The word has cognates in other Semitic languages, including Elah in Aramaic, ʾĒl in Canaanite and Elohim in Hebrew.[5][6]

It is used mainly by Muslims to refer to God in Islam,[7] but it has also been used by Arab Christians since pre-Islamic times.[8] It is also often, albeit not exclusively, used by Bábists, Bahá'ís, Indonesian and Maltese Christians, and Mizrahi Jews.[5][9][10] Christians and Sikhs in West Malaysia also use and have used the word to refer to God. This has caused political and legal controversies there as the law in West Malaysia prohibits non-Islamic uses of the word.[11][12][13][14]

so if Ar-Rabb is literally translated into (the lord) and Allah is translated literally as 'the God. I think you have not answered my question. I said what is the name of your Allah.?
Re: Who Is The Spirit Of Truth In The Holly Bible. by Anas09: 9:16pm On May 30, 2015
Yes, what is the personal name of your Allah. because "God" is not a pernal name to particular God, but a common noun for a whole class.
Every deity is a 'god' but evey deity has a personal name. What is the personal name of allah?
Re: Who Is The Spirit Of Truth In The Holly Bible. by MuttleyLaff: 10:01pm On May 30, 2015
hero70:
Who do Jesus mean when he talked about the spirit of truth in John chapter 16 verse 7,
which reads "I have many things to say unto youn but u cannot bear them now but when He the spirit of truth comes He shall guide u onto all truth, Nevertheless I tell you the truth; It is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come unto you; but if I depart, I will send him unto you.
Very good question and equally good observation.
Simply put, my reply is that, the Spirit of Truth is the Spirit of God
This is what Jesus meant when he talked about the the spirit of truth in John 16:7

If you have more questions on this please dont hesistate to ask

He's the holy spirit

An2elect2:
His Spirit.

tonybosses:
The spirit of truth is d comforter and that is the "holy spirit"

Scholar8200:
Besides, Christ's words as regards the Holy Spirit was in fulfilment of God's promise in the New Covenant given centuries before in Ezekiel 36:27 "And I will put my spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes, and ye shall keep my judgments, and do them." (Ezekiel 36:27).

Ovacoma:
u just mentioned another name of the Spirit of Truth: The Comforter. THEN READ JOHN 14:26; BUT THE COMFORTER WHICH IS THE HOLY GHOST, WHOM THE FATHER WILL SEND IN MY NAME, HE SHALL TEACH YOU ALL THINGS, AND BRING ALL THINGS TO YOUR REMEMBRANCE, WHATSOEVER I HAVE SAID UNTO YOU.

Maamin:
What is the name of your Allah? undecided

"Allah" is an Arabic word for "God" and its not a proper name, what is the proper name of your God(Allah)?

Anas09:
Yes, what is the personal name of your Allah. because "God" is not a pernal name to particular God, but a common noun for a whole class.
Every deity is a 'god' but evey deity has a personal name. What is the personal name of allah?

The above posters, in a succinct way but not-labouring-it manner alluded to the truth & fact that the Spirit of Truth is Spirit of God or Holy Spirit

Them and others like NumberOne2, enilove, udatso, and Emusan, whom I was unable to quote are correct too however they all should have expatiated (i.e. write at length or in detail more) to checkmate hero70, ezebrain, Rilwayne001, eshbeewanna and my main man Sweetnecta, so that they wouldnt come out with posts that at times looks misconceived.

Sweetnecta:
@Maamin(m): 10:05am
NO OFFENSE TAKEN. I MAY BE UNWISE.
I didnt realise until now that Sweetnecta still posts on Nairaland...
Thought he was AWOL
I wish you wouldn't confuse others about these YAHWEH, ELOI, Allah et al things

Sweetnecta:
BUT I SURE KNOW THAT THE NAME OF GOD IN THE BIBLE IS YAHWEH WHEN MOSES WAS TALKING TO THE CHILDREN OF ISRAEL,
Yes you're correct ...am sure you too, do know that YAHWEH is the name of Allah.
If you didnt, now you know.

God in English, Allah in Arabic, Eloi in Aramaic and El in Hebrew are all the same, they all refer to that Deity, the Creator of the universe in their respective tongue or language

Sango is god, with a common noun god, whilst Yahweh is God, with a proper noun God.

God in English, Chineke in Igbo, Olódùmarè in Yoruba, Allah in Arabic, Eloi in Aramaic and El in Hebrew are PROPER NOUNS
They are PROPER NOUNS and a title of Yahweh in different tongues or languages
Examples of the two proper nouns (i.e. title and direct address) are:
President Buhari, God Yahweh or God YHWH in English, Chineke Jehovah in Igbo, Olódùmarè Jehovah in Yoruba, Allah Yahweh in Arabic etc
President or God is the title
Buhari or Yahweh is the direct address

Yahweh is the direct address or name of this Deity, the Creator of the universe known as, God in English, Chineke in Igbo, Olódùmarè in Yoruba, Eloi in Aramaic, El in Hebrew and Allah in Arabic.

Sweetnecta:
ELOI FROM THE MOUTH OF JESUS ON OF MARY,
As mentioned earlier ELOI is Aramaic and has the same meaning as this other word Allah, in Arabic.
The root of this Aramaic word "ELOI" is "El" from Hebrew, and it means God in Hebrew.

Sweetnecta:
JEHOVAH WHEN THEY LATER LATINIZED IT AND IN QURAN HE IS ALLAH
[SO YOUR ASKING ME TO GIVE YOU THE NAME OF MY ALLAH IS NOT A WELL THOUGHT OUT QUESTION].
ALLAH IS A PROPER NAME OF GOD IN ARABIC LANGUAGE. CHECK ARABIC BIBLE YOU WILL FIND ALLAH AS NAME OF GOD INSTEAD OF YAHWEH OR ELOI OR JEHOVAH.
No, ALLAH IS NOT A PROPER NAME OF GOD IN ARABIC LANGUAGE
rather Allah is the Arabic translation or equivalent of the English word God.
Kindly & carefully note that, the name or direct address of Allah or God is Yahweh also known as Jehovah, both originally written as YHWH

Sweetnecta:
I THINK THE NAME OF THE CHIEF OF EVIL SPIRIT IS SATAN. THE SUPPORTERS OR FOLLOWERS OF SATAN AMONG THE SPIRITS ARE DEMONS.
Well, demons are fallen spirits or fallen angels (i.e. fallen messengers)

Sweetnecta:
YOU ARE NOW OBLIGATED TO TELL ME THE NAME OF THE HOLY SPIRIT.
This is where it really gets interesting,
as if you are able tell us the name of your spirit, then half the work is done.

Sweetnecta:
HIS PROPER NAME PLEASE SINCE WE ALREADY KNOW THE NAME OF GOD WHO IS NOT RUNNING ERRANDS BUT SENDING JESUS AND HOLY SPIRIT TO RUN ERRANDS.
WE ALSO KNOW THE PROPER NAME OF CHRIST.
BUT WE DONT KNOW THE PROPER NAME OF THE HOLY SPIRIT/HOLY GHOST.
You will sooner or later cotton on after realising what the HOLY SPIRIT, Spirit of God or Spirit of Truth properly is all about
Note that the original post WAS NOT asking for a name of the "HOLY SPIRIT/HOLY GHOST"
but rather was asking of a meaning of the "Spirit of Truth"
The difference and distinction between OP's and your request is clear

Sweetnecta:
PLEASE DONT GIVE ME JUST A NAME UNLESS YOU ARE SURE IT IS THE PROPER NAME BECAUSE I WILL WANT YOU TO CHECK FROM THE BIBLE FIRST.
I WILL CHECK WHEN YOU GIVE IT TO ME AND I WILL CALL YOU OUT IF YOU ARE WRONG.
Maamin asked this question about Allah that went unanswered but never mind that as sauce for the goose is sauce for the gander.
Now, if you will tell ALL, what the name of your spirit is, then, I happilly will move this on to the next level with you.

Sweetnecta:
IF YOU DONT KNOW IT JUST SAY SO AND GO FIND OUT FROM YOUR PASTORS.
I AM CERTAIN THEY WILL NOT KNOW IF YOU DONT KNOW.
As said earlier, Maamin asked this question that went unanswered
so its you who should have said I dont know
or should have gone to find out from your Imams or a Sheikh

Instead you allowed eshbeewanna to try hoodwink others with adjectives of Yahweh which describes Him
Al-Rabb is Adonai in Hebrew and is Lord in English.
This is a title and not the name of God or Allah, whose name is Yahweh.

Exodus 3:13-15
13But Moses protested, “If I go to the people of Israel and tell them,
‘The God of your ancestors has sent me to you,’ they will ask me, ‘What is his name?’ Then what should I tell them?”
14God replied to Moses, “I Am Who I Am"
Say this to the people of Israel: I Am has sent me to you.”
15God also said to Moses, “Say this to the people of Israel:
Yahweh, the God of your ancestors—the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob—has sent me to you.
This is my eternal name, my name to remember for all generations.

Isaiah 45:2-24
21Declare and bring [them] near; yea, let them take counsel together:
who hath caused this to be heard from ancient time? [who] hath declared it long ago? Is it not I, Jehovah?
And there is no God else beside me; a just God and a Saviour, there is none besides me.
22Look unto me, and be ye saved, all the ends of the earth: for I [am] God, and there is none else.
23I have sworn by myself,
the word is gone out of my mouth [in] righteousness and shall not return,
that unto me every knee shall bow, every tongue shall swear.
24Only in Jehovah, shall one say, have I righteousness and strength.
To him shall [men] come; and all that are incensed against him shall be ashamed.

Sweetnecta:
IN FACT NO ONE WILL KNOW BECAUSE I DONT KNOW IT AND I HAVE SEARCHED FOR DECADES WITHOUT FINDING IT.
This is not a case of knowing or not knowing
but it is more that of insight lacking or lacking understanding of what the HOLY SPIRIT, Spirit of God or Spirit of Truth is

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Is The Spirit Of Truth In The Holly Bible. by Maamin(m): 11:35pm On May 30, 2015
MuttleyLaff:
Very good question and equally good observation.
Simply put, my reply is that, the Spirit of Truth is the Spirit of God
This is what Jesus meant when he talked about the the spirit of truth in John 16:7

If you have more questions on this please dont hesistate to ask

The above posters, in a succinct way but not-labouring-it manner alluded to the truth & fact that the Spirit of Truth is Spirit of God or Holy Spirit

Them and others like NumberOne2, enilove, udatso, and Emusan, whom I was unable to quote are correct too however they all should have expatiated (i.e. write at length or in detail more) to checkmate hero70, ezebrain, Rilwayne001, eshbeewanna and my main man Sweetnecta, so that they wouldnt come out with posts that at times looks misconceived.

I didnt realise until now that Sweetnecta still posts on Nairaland...
Thought he was AWOL
I wish you wouldn't confuse others about these YAHWEH, ELOI, Allah et al things

Yes you're correct ...am sure you too, do know that YAHWEH is the name of Allah.
If you didnt, now you know.

God in English, Allah in Arabic, Eloi in Aramaic and El in Hebrew are all the same, they all refer to that Deity, the Creator of the universe in their respective tongue or language

Sango is god, with a common noun god, whilst Yahweh is God, with a proper noun God.

God in English, Chineke in Igbo, Olódùmarè in Yoruba, Allah in Arabic, Eloi in Aramaic and El in Hebrew are PROPER NOUNS
They are PROPER NOUNS and a title of Yahweh in different tongues or languages
Examples of the two proper nouns (i.e. title and direct address) are:
President Buhari, God Yahweh or God YHWH in English, Chineke Jehovah in Igbo, Olódùmarè Jehovah in Yoruba, Allah Yahweh in Arabic etc
President or God is the title
Buhari or Yahweh is the direct address

Yahweh is the direct address or name of this Deity, the Creator of the universe known as, God in English, Chineke in Igbo, Olódùmarè in Yoruba, Eloi in Aramaic, El in Hebrew and Allah in Arabic.

As mentioned earlier ELOI is Aramaic and has the same meaning as this other word Allah, in Arabic.
The root of this Aramaic word "ELOI" is "El" from Hebrew, and it means God in Hebrew.

No, ALLAH IS NOT A PROPER NAME OF GOD IN ARABIC LANGUAGE
rather Allah is the Arabic translation or equivalent of the English word God.
Kindly & carefully note that, the name or direct address of Allah or God is Yahweh also known as Jehovah, both originally written as YHWH

Well, demons are fallen spirits or fallen angels (i.e. fallen messengers)

This is where it really gets interesting,
as if you are able tell us the name of your spirit, then half the work is done.

You will sooner or later cotton on after realising what the HOLY SPIRIT, Spirit of God or Spirit of Truth properly is all about
Note that the original post WAS NOT asking for a name of the "HOLY SPIRIT/HOLY GHOST"
but rather was asking of a meaning of the "Spirit of Truth"
The difference and distinction between OP's and your request is clear

Maamin asked this question about Allah that went unanswered but never mind that as sauce for the goose is sauce for the gander.
Now, if you will tell ALL, what the name of your spirit is, then, I happilly will move this on to the next level with you.

As said earlier, Maamin asked this question that went unanswered
so its you who should have said I dont know
or should have gone to find out from your Imams or a Sheikh

Instead you allowed eshbeewanna to try hoodwink others with adjectives of Yahweh which describes Him
Al-Rabb is Adonai in Hebrew and is Lord in English.
This is a title and not the name of God or Allah, whose name is Yahweh.

Exodus 3:13-15
13But Moses protested, “If I go to the people of Israel and tell them,
‘The God of your ancestors has sent me to you,’ they will ask me, ‘What is his name?’ Then what should I tell them?”
14God replied to Moses, “I Am Who I Am"
Say this to the people of Israel: I Am has sent me to you.”
15God also said to Moses, “Say this to the people of Israel:
Yahweh, the God of your ancestors—the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob—has sent me to you.
This is my eternal name, my name to remember for all generations.

Isaiah 45:2-24
21Declare and bring [them] near; yea, let them take counsel together:
who hath caused this to be heard from ancient time? [who] hath declared it long ago? Is it not I, Jehovah?
And there is no God else beside me; a just God and a Saviour, there is none besides me.
22Look unto me, and be ye saved, all the ends of the earth: for I [am] God, and there is none else.
23I have sworn by myself,
the word is gone out of my mouth [in] righteousness and shall not return,
that unto me every knee shall bow, every tongue shall swear.
24Only in Jehovah, shall one say, have I righteousness and strength.
To him shall [men] come; and all that are incensed against him shall be ashamed.

This is not a case of knowing or not knowing
but it is more that of insight lacking or lacking understanding of what the HOLY SPIRIT, Spirit of God or Spirit of Truth is

Thanks for this explanation...am tired of asking this very simple question..Muslims always asking the name of the Holy spirit when they dont even know the name of their God.
Re: Who Is The Spirit Of Truth In The Holly Bible. by Sweetnecta: 2:49am On May 31, 2015
THE NAME OF MY GOD IS ALLAH. HE SAYS THAT TO MOSES [SA] IN SURAH TAHA.
I DONT KNOW HOW TO BEST EXPLAIN IT TO YOUR MIND EXCEPT THAT YOU ARE ALREADY COMMITTED NOT TO ACCEPT THE TRUTH.
THERE IS NO OTHER NAME FOR THE CREATOR IN ENGLISH BUT GOD, SAME FOR IT IN ARABIC BUT ALLAH.
IF ALLAH IS NOT IT ESPECIALLY WHEN HE SAYS 'I AM ALLAH', THEN TELL ME WHAT IT IS AND WHILE YOU ARE AT IT TELL ME THE NAME OF CREATOR IN ENGLISH EXCEPT GOD.

THE CHRISTIANS DIDNT STOP THERE EXCEPT THAT TO SAY HOLY SPIRIT IS NOT HUMAN BUT NAMELESS AND FACELESS GHOST FORGETTING THAT GHOST COULD BE DEVILISH, UNHOLY AND SPIRIT ARE MANY AND HOLY SPIRIT HAS BEEN AROUND LONG BEFORE MAN AND HAD INTERACTED WITH MANY HUMANS [ONE OF ITS INTERACTION IS A FUNNY ONE BECAUSE IT IS QUESTIONABLE SINCE THERE IS NO PROOF FOR IT IF YOU THINK DEEPLY ABOUT IT. YOU WILL REALIZE ITS A FOOLISH STATEMENT; JOHN INSIDE THE WOMB OF AUNTY ELIZABETH JUMPING UP BECAUSE HE WAS FILLED WITH HOLY SPIRIT. CAN YOU IMAGINE THE MAKE UP OF THAT STORY AS IF WHEN EVERY BABY IN THE WOMB KICKS, HE MUST BE FILLED WITH HOLY SPIRIT].

IS PROPHET NOT A SPIRIT AND PROPHET FROM GOD IS NOT A SPIRIT FROM GOD TO INDICATE IT MUST BE HOLY? LET US CHECK THIS OUT WITH A VERSE AT LEAST IN THE BIBLE; 1 John 4:1-3, "Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world. Hereby know ye the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesseth that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is of God: And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world."

THE ABOVE SAYS TO ME CONSIDERING THAT JESUS SAID ANOTHER COMFORTER WILL COME AFTER HIM THAT TRULY A PROPHET OF GOD IS A SPIRIT OF GOD, HENCE HOLY PROPHET IS HOLY SPIRIT. MUHAMMAD [SA] IS OFTEN REFERRED AS HOLY PROPHET AND NO OTHER PROPHET IN ANY OTHER TRADITION REFERS TO ANYONE AS HOLY PROPHET! MUHAMMAD [SA] IS THE ONLY ONE WITH REVELATION FROM GOD, IN SPITE OF HAVING A DIFFERENT RELIGION INSTEAD OF CHRISTIANITY SAYS JESUS SON OF MARY IS THE CHRIST.
Re: Who Is The Spirit Of Truth In The Holly Bible. by MuttleyLaff: 8:37am On May 31, 2015
Sweetnecta:
THE NAME OF MY GOD IS ALLAH.
Chief you know what you've just done here?
Repetition, is what you've done there and deliberating trying to mislead when knowing that Allah is God in Arabic
This is like you saying, THE NAME OF MY DAD IS ABBI, when we all know that Abbi is Dad in Arabic

Sweetnecta:
HE SAYS THAT TO MOSES [SA] IN SURAH TAHA.
Another thing Chief, when Moses met Allah (i.e. God) for the first time (i.e. in surah Taha 20: 9-21), God did not say my name is Allah to Moses but said "I am Allah or I am God"
This is like Buhari saying I am President, and we all know that President is not Buhari's name

Check surah Taha 20:14 to read the dialogue between Allah and Moses
It reads "I am Allah, there is no god except Me..." which effectively means "I am God, there is no god except Me..."
note the difference and distinction there, it DID NOT say "My NAME is Allah"

Sweetnecta:
I DONT KNOW HOW TO BEST EXPLAIN IT TO YOUR MIND
Try the simple or easy way for starters
Or just say admit you arent sure or dont know

Sweetnecta:
EXCEPT THAT YOU ARE ALREADY COMMITTED NOT TO ACCEPT THE TRUTH.
This is a good cop out.
Taking the easy way out of a sticky situation. Putting out this excuse to make things easier for yourself and squeeze yourself out of a tight corner

Sweetnecta:
THERE IS NO OTHER NAME FOR THE CREATOR IN ENGLISH BUT GOD, SAME FOR IT IN ARABIC BUT ALLAH.
Glad you admit this, because this is exactly what was earlier posted that God in English, Allah in Arabic, Eloi in Aramaic and El in Hebrew are all the same, they all refer to that Deity, the Creator of the universe in their respective tongue or language

Sweetnecta:
IF ALLAH IS NOT IT ESPECIALLY WHEN HE SAYS 'I AM ALLAH',
Allah is not His Name
and when He says I AM ALLAH', He is, saying 'I AM GOD'

Sweetnecta:
THEN TELL ME WHAT IT IS
Allah or God is not a name but is a title, as previously stated Sweetnecta.
The name of Allah or God, originally is YHWH, it is otherwise known as Yahweh or Jehovah

Sweetnecta:
AND WHILE YOU ARE AT IT TELL ME THE NAME OF CREATOR IN ENGLISH EXCEPT GOD.
Please dont ask a weak question or you'll get a weak answer back
Think about it, this is like me asking you of your indigenous Naija name in English or what is Oliver in indigenous Naija
- if your name is "Olu" in indigenous Naija then it still will be "Olu" in English

Sweetnecta:
THE CHRISTIANS DIDNT STOP THERE EXCEPT THAT TO SAY HOLY SPIRIT IS NOT HUMAN BUT NAMELESS AND FACELESS GHOST FORGETTING THAT GHOST COULD BE DEVILISH, UNHOLY AND SPIRIT ARE MANY AND HOLY SPIRIT HAS BEEN AROUND LONG BEFORE MAN AND HAD INTERACTED WITH MANY HUMANS [ONE OF ITS INTERACTION IS A FUNNY ONE BECAUSE IT IS QUESTIONABLE SINCE THERE IS NO PROOF FOR IT IF YOU THINK DEEPLY ABOUT IT. YOU WILL REALIZE ITS A FOOLISH STATEMENT; JOHN INSIDE THE WOMB OF AUNTY ELIZABETH JUMPING UP BECAUSE HE WAS FILLED WITH HOLY SPIRIT. CAN YOU IMAGINE THE MAKE UP OF THAT STORY AS IF WHEN EVERY BABY IN THE WOMB KICKS, HE MUST BE FILLED WITH HOLY SPIRIT]
No surprises there.
You know why it is foolish, it is because of verses like 1 Corinthians 1:20-21 and 1 Corinthians 1:27

1 Corinthians 1:20-21
20Where is the wise? where is the scribe? where is the disputer of this world? has not God made foolish the wisdom of this world?
21For since in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe

1 Corinthians 1:27
But God chose what the world thinks foolish to shame the wise,
and God chose what the world thinks weak to shame the strong.

Sweetnecta:
IS PROPHET NOT A SPIRIT AND PROPHET FROM GOD IS NOT A SPIRIT FROM GOD TO INDICATE IT MUST BE HOLY? LET US CHECK THIS OUT WITH A VERSE AT LEAST IN THE BIBLE; 1 John 4:1-3, "Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world. Hereby know ye the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesseth that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is of God: And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world."
You still havent told what the name of your spirit is
Do you know the name of your spirit, what is it called?
Or do you not have a spirit?
Can a man's spirit be broken or not?

Instead of shying from the above questions, please attempt answering them so we can progressively move on to the next level
and get more understanding of the spirit of man, the spirit of God, The Holy Spirit & Spirit of Truth

Sweetnecta:
THE ABOVE SAYS TO ME CONSIDERING THAT JESUS SAID ANOTHER COMFORTER WILL COME AFTER HIM THAT TRULY A PROPHET OF GOD IS A SPIRIT OF GOD, HENCE HOLY PROPHET IS HOLY SPIRIT. MUHAMMAD [SA] IS OFTEN REFERRED AS HOLY PROPHET AND NO OTHER PROPHET IN ANY OTHER TRADITION REFERS TO ANYONE AS HOLY PROPHET! MUHAMMAD [SA] IS THE ONLY ONE WITH REVELATION FROM GOD, IN SPITE OF HAVING A DIFFERENT RELIGION INSTEAD OF CHRISTIANITY SAYS JESUS SON OF MARY IS THE CHRIST.
SMH. This has already been adequately addressed by Ovacoma
Check the exchange between eshbeewanna and Ovacoma, here at https://www.nairaland.com/2062613/spirit-truth-holly-bible/2#34220313
Now ask yourself this question, does MUHAMMAD live for ever?
Sweetnecta, is MUHAMMAD still here with us on Earth?
Re: Who Is The Spirit Of Truth In The Holly Bible. by eshbeewanna: 10:25am On May 31, 2015
Maamin:

Hahahaha..i smell al-takiyyah, you lied very passionately. Here is what wiki says about the meaning of the words 'Ar-rabb' and 'Allah'....

Ar-Rabb

Rabb (Arabic: رب‎, Turkish: Rab is an Arabic word meaning Lord, Sustainer, Cherisher, Master, Nourisher. In Islam, Ar-Rabb is often used to address Allah, although Ar-Rabb is not one of the 99 names (or attributes) of Allah. When it is used with the definite article 'Ar' (Ar-Rabb) the Arabic word refers to Allah. As for other than Allah, it can be used to say Rabb Ad-Dar, the master of such and such object or the nourisher of such and such object. Rabb is also a common and acceptable first and/or last name throughout the world.
The literal meaning of the word is Sustainer, Master and/or "Nourisher", and in that sense, a man is the "rabb" of his house. With the same root is the verb yurabbi, meaning "raise" (as in raise a child).Rabb also mean the "Creator" as it is refer in the Quran several times "رب العالمين". However, Rabb covers such a wide meaning, that other languages lack an equivalent of the word.[citation needed] Some have explained it to mean a fostering things in such a manner as to make them attain one condition after another until they reach their goal of completion. Thus, it conveys not only the idea of fostering, bringing up or nourishing, but also that of regulating, completing, accomplishing, cherishing, sustaining and bringing to maturity by evolution from the earliest state to that of the highest perfection. The Quran, in Surah Fatihah, introduces this name in the beginning, "All praise and gratitude is due to Allah, Rabb of all the worlds." Note that it mentions "Rabb of all the worlds", thus stating clearly that he takes care, nourishes, fosters through every stage of existence, everything that exists.

Pre-Islamic Arabians used to believe that, while there were multiple 'aalihah (gods), only Allah was the Rabb (Lord/sustainer) of the earth and heavens. He is believed to be the abstract Supreme Being who is beyond any resemblance and the one who governs the heavens and earth.[citation needed]. In pre-Islamic Arabia, which is commonly referred to as the Jahiliya era, the worship of God(Allah) along other lesser gods was common, but Mohammad introduced a different religion centered on Allah. One of Mohammad's aims was to reintroduce Allah as being the "Rabbu alAAalameen" Or "رَبِّ الْعَالَمِينَ" which translates as "the Lord of the Worlds", who is beyond being solely a creator, but also the Only Deity who should be recognized by all men . Going back in history, other prophets, such as Abraham (in the Islamic view) and Moses, were also preaching to introduce God(Allah)as the Rabb(Lord) and say: Surely we are the apostles of the Lord of the worlds" [26:16] ... "قَالَ فِرْعَوْنُ وَمَا رَبُّ الْعَالَمِينَ " which may translate as "Pharaoh said: And what is the Lord of the worlds?" [26:23] "قَالَ رَبُّ السَّمَاوَاتِ وَالْأَرْضِ وَمَا بَيْنَهُمَا ۖ إِن كُنتُم مُّوقِنِينَ" which translates as "Musa"(Moses) said: The Lord of the heavens and the earth and what is between them, if you would be sure." [26:24]
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rabb

Allah

Allah (English pronunciation: /ˈælə/ or /ˈɑːlə/;[1] Arabic: الله‎ Allāh, IPA: [ʔalˤˈlˤɑːh]) is the Arabic word for God (al ilāh, literally "the God"wink.[2][3][4] The word has cognates in other Semitic languages, including Elah in Aramaic, ʾĒl in Canaanite and Elohim in Hebrew.[5][6]

It is used mainly by Muslims to refer to God in Islam,[7] but it has also been used by Arab Christians since pre-Islamic times.[8] It is also often, albeit not exclusively, used by Bábists, Bahá'ís, Indonesian and Maltese Christians, and Mizrahi Jews.[5][9][10] Christians and Sikhs in West Malaysia also use and have used the word to refer to God. This has caused political and legal controversies there as the law in West Malaysia prohibits non-Islamic uses of the word.[11][12][13][14]

so if Ar-Rabb is literally translated into (the lord) and Allah is translated literally as 'the God. I think you have not answered my question. I said what is the name of your Allah.?

I thank God that you quoted from wiki.Let me tell you again,when it comes to Islam wiki is not reliable source of information for we muslims because it is controlled by non muslims ok.Getting your information from there is questionable.

It is very obvious that you lack understanding a lot because it often reflect in your comments.Anyway the Quran has answered you already

"Say, "Call Him Allah, or call Him the Rahman(most beneficient) ; whichever name you use, to Him belongs the "Asma al-Husna" (most beautiful names)." 17:110

It is clearly stated above that the name of God in arabic is Allah.However in Islam Allah has many beautiful attributes in which( AR-Rahman) is one of them.which anyone can also call him with if he likes.
That is why he said in the verse above.which ever name you choose to call him,he hears and his ready to answer you.
You can see how you and your wiki failed woefully again.

Concerning Rabb,if "Rabb" means (Lord) then it is the word for God.
This is bible explanation for the word LORD.

has authority, or 'master'; Adonai in Hebrew . Look also at LORD below.

Lord ~ (A) ~ one who rules or is a master. God is the Lord who rules everyone.

lord ~ (A) ~ someone with authority.

LORD ~ (A) ~ the special name that God gave for himself to the Jews in the Old Testament . Do not confuse it with 'Lord'. Lord can be a word for any person that we obey. These are two completely different Hebrew words. But people who spoke Greek used the same word for both. People called Jesus Lord. It could have meant that they wanted to obey him. But they might have meant that Jesus was God.

Lord ~ (B) ~ a title for God, or Jesus, to show that he is over all.

Lord ~ (B) ~ master, ruler, God.

LORD ~ (B) ~ the special name that God gave himself to the Jews in the Old Testament . Do not confuse it with 'Lord', which can be a word of respect for any person. These are two completely different Hebrew words. People who spoke Greek used the same word for both. So, when people called Jesus Lord, it could have been a word of respect. But they might have meant that Jesus was God.

LORD ~ (B) ~ God's holiest name. It probably means that he is always God. The Jews refused to speak this word aloud, in order to respect God. See also Elyon , YHWH , Yahweh , Adonai , Elohim .
You can see above again Gods name ELOHIM(ALLAHUM in arabic)
YAHWEH or JEHOVA(YA HUWA in arabic)

Please am still waiting for you to answer my question about the holy spirit in my previous post which you have dodge again.
Re: Who Is The Spirit Of Truth In The Holly Bible. by Orunto: 10:26am On May 31, 2015
C H R I S T !!!! HE IS THE WAY, THE TRUTH AND THE LIFE.

1 Like

Re: Who Is The Spirit Of Truth In The Holly Bible. by Sweetnecta: 10:42am On May 31, 2015
Re: Who Is The Spirit Of Truth In The Holly Bible. by MuttleyLaff: 11:29am On May 31, 2015
Sweetnecta:
h t t p s://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yte-ad6Y31s
Whats the point of pasting this video here.
Sweetnecta like I mentioned earlier, I thought you did an AWOL along with JeSoul, didnt know you very much are around on Nairaland

I dont understand why instead of answering questions posed to you, you need to bring out an Ehrman video with references to mythologies etc to hide behind
Don't dilly-dally for too long, as you are stopping the thread to progressively moved on to other levels

To begin Ehrman is a renegade Christian
though he says he doesnt believe in God anymore, he is not an Atheist (i.e. one who denies the existence of God)
he presently is Agnostic (i.e. one who doesnt believe in the understanding of God, is skeptical about the existence of God but stops short of going the true atheism path)

Bart D. Ehrman:
32:40 I think it's important to understand that in this book I actually did not take a stand
32:44 on either the question of whether Jesus was God or whether he was actually raised from the dead
32:50 Erm I leave open both questions because those are theological questions based on religious beliefs
32:58 and I'm writing the book as a historian,
33:06 I'm not allowing my religious beliefs or disbeliefs to affect how I tell the historical story of how Christology develop
of how Jesus became God

That out of the way, now Sweetnecta, note that Ehrman's book, according to him, is about "How Jesus Became God"
and wasnt about whether Jesus was God or not
I hope you fully watched and understood Ehrman's arguments or points in the video
as I am interested to know about the points you salvaged from watching the video
Re: Who Is The Spirit Of Truth In The Holly Bible. by Sweetnecta: 11:50am On May 31, 2015
@Mattleylaff: COULD YOU TELL ME THE NAME OF GOD IN ENGLISH EXCEPT IT IS GOD? IF I SAY THE NAME OF GOD IN ARABIC IS ALLAH OR THE NAME OF ALLAH IN ARABIC IS ALLAH I WILL BE CORRECT EXCEPT YOU CAN PROVE ME WRONG BY GIVING THE NAME OF GOD IN ENGLISH EXCEPT YOU WILL SAY 'CHIEF YOU KNOW ITS GOD!" I GUESS SINCE YOU ARE PARROTING WHAT SOMEONE WHO DOESN'T KNOW ALLAH IS PROPER NAME OF THE CREATOR/LORD OF ALL IN ARABIC, HENCE YOUR ASSUMPTION THAT ALLAH IS NOT IT. SURAH HASR IS SUFFICIENT TO SUPPORT ME AND REMOVE THE CHAIR FROM YOUR BOTTOM. IS IT POSSIBLE FOR AKAN PERSON FROM GHANA TO SAY TO A FULANI MAN FROM MAIDUGURI IN NIGERIA THAT MAIDUGURI IS NOT A PROPER NAME OF THE CITY OF MAIDUGURI IN NIGERIA, ASKING HIM TO GIVE HIM PROPER NAME OF THE CITY OF MAIDUGURI IN AUTHENTIC MAIDUGURI LANGUAGE/DIALECT [I AM ASSUMING THEY ARE FULANI AND MAIDIGURI IS FULANI WORD]?

EVERY GROUP MAY HAVE A DIFFERENT NAME FOR GOD. BUT GOD HAS A SPECIFIC NAME HE PARTICULARLY CALLS HIMSELF. I WILL NOT SAY 'I AM THAT I AM' BECAUSE THIS IS TO SAY THEY WILL KNOW WHO YOU ARE REPRESENTING WHEN YOU SHOW THEM WHAT YOU CAME WITH OF CONFIDENCE, FIRMNESS, MIRACLES, ETC. BUT IT IS FAR FROM BEING A PROPER NAME. AN IDENTITY, YES, BUT NOT A PROPER NAME. ELOI AND THE LIKES SOUND VERY SIMILAR TO ALLAH. THE OTHERS THAT DO NOT SOUND LIKE ALLAH SEEM TO BE DESCRIPTIVE, BUT NOT PROPER NAME. ALLAH THEREFORE BEING THE THE NAME FOR THE LAST REVELATION SEEM TO BE WHAT IT IS SINCE OTHER ACCENTS HAVE SIMILAR SOUNDING WORD FOR THE PROPER NAME OF THE CREATOR. ITS LIKE THE YORUBA SPEAKERS IN LIBERIA. YOU HAVE TO LISTEN VERY CAREFULLY TO PICK UP YORUBA WORD IN THEIR LANGUAGE. ISHEKIRI IS THE SAME THING ABOUT THE YORUBA IN THEIR LANGUAGE. SO ARE THE PEOPLE THAT SPEAK YORUBA FOR THEIR PAGAN RELIGION AND CULTURE IN BRAZIL, CUBA AND PANAMA TO NAME A FEW.

59;20; Not equal are the companions of the Fire and the companions of Paradise. The companions of Paradise - they are the attainers [of success].

59:21 If We had sent down this Qur'an upon a mountain, you would have seen it humbled and coming apart from fear of Allah . And these examples We present to the people that perhaps they will give thought.

59:22 He is Allah , other than whom there is no deity, Knower of the unseen and the witnessed. He is the Entirely Merciful, the Especially Merciful.

59:23 He is Allah , other than whom there is no deity, the Sovereign, the Pure, the Perfection, the Bestower of Faith, the Overseer, the Exalted in Might, the Compeller, the Superior. Exalted is Allah above whatever they associate with Him.

59:24 He is Allah , the Creator, the Inventor, the Fashioner; to Him belong the best names. Whatever is in the heavens and earth is exalting Him. And He is the Exalted in Might, the Wise.

IF I GO TO SURAH TAHA WHERE THE CREATOR INVITED MOSES [AS] TO BE GO TELL PHARAOH ABOUT THE EVIL OF HIS DEEDS AND STOP THE OPPRESSION OF THE CHILDREN OF JACOB [AS], THE CREATOR INTRODUCED HIMSELF AS ALLAH.

20;7; And if you speak aloud - then indeed, He knows the secret and what is [even] more hidden.

20:8 Allah - there is no deity except Him. To Him belong the best names.

20:9 And has the story of Moses reached you? -

20:10 When he saw a fire and said to his family, "Stay here; indeed, I have perceived a fire; perhaps I can bring you a torch or find at the fire some guidance."

20:11 And when he came to it, he was called, "O Moses,

20:12 Indeed, I am your Lord, so remove your sandals. Indeed, you are in the sacred valley of Tuwa.

20:13 And I have chosen you, so listen to what is revealed [to you].

20:14 Indeed, I am Allah . There is no deity except Me, so worship Me and establish prayer for My remembrance.

20:15 Indeed, the Hour is coming - I almost conceal it - so that every soul may be recompensed according to that for which it strives.

20:16 So do not let one avert you from it who does not believe in it and follows his desire, for you [then] would perish.

YOU WILL READ FROM THE ABOVE THAT ALLAH IS A PROPER NAME AND THERE IS NOT A POSSIBLE TRANSLATION OF IT IN ANY LANGUAGE. IF I ASK YOU WHAT IS THE NAME OF MUHAMMADU BUHARI IN ENGLISH OR HAUSA OR THE DAURA TOWN HE IS A NATIVE, COULD YOU SAY IT IS OTHER THAN MUHAMMADU BUHARI? YET HE IS THE PRESIDENT OF NIGERIA. THE FIRST CITIZEN OF NIGERIA. THE MAIN RESIDENT OF ASO VILLA. OTHER QUALIFICATION TO IDENTIFY GOD IN ARABIC AND IN ENGLISH CAN BE INTERPRETED. BUT THE NAME OF GOD IN PROPER ARABIC LANGUAGE IS ALLAH. I HOPE THIS ANSWERED YOUR QUESTIONED?

AND AS OF THE QURAN CONCERNING THE HOLY SPIRIT, THERE IS 1 'HOLY' SPIRIT AND IT IS FROM THE RANK OF THE ANGELS, SO IT IS CLEAR AND NOT AMBIGUOUS BECAUSE IT IS MENTIONED THAT IT IS A CREATION/SLAVE/SERVANT OF ALLAH LIKE THE REST OF ANGELS IN THE SURAH SAFFAT; ANGELS AND THE SPIRIT IN RANK TO SHOW THAT THEY ARE ALL SERVANTS OF GOD ALMIGHTY ALLAH.

78;37 [From] the Lord of the heavens and the earth and whatever is between them, the Most Merciful. They possess not from Him [authority for] speech.

78:38 The Day that the Spirit and the angels will stand in rows, they will not speak except for one whom the Most Merciful permits, and he will say what is correct.

78:39 That is the True Day; so he who wills may take to his Lord a [way of] return.

YOU CAN READ WHERE GOD SAYS HE SENDS GABRIEL ON ERRANDS;
2:97[b] Say, "Whoever is an enemy to Gabriel - it is [none but] he who has brought the Qur'an down upon your heart, [O Muhammad], by permission of Allah , confirming that which was before it and as guidance and good tidings for the believers."[/b]

2:98 Whoever is an enemy to Allah and His angels and His messengers and Gabriel and Michael - then indeed, Allah is an enemy to the disbelievers.

2:99 And We have certainly revealed to you verses [which are] clear proofs, and no one would deny them except the defiantly disobedient.

2:100 Is it not [true] that every time they took a covenant a party of them threw it away? But, [in fact], most of them do not believe.

2:101 And when a messenger from Allah came to them confirming that which was with them, a party of those who had been given the Scripture threw the Scripture of Allah behind their backs as if they did not know [what it contained].

I WANT YOU TO READ CHAPTER 37 ON YOUR OWN. PERCHANCE YOU MAY REFLECT. I SEEK GUIDANCE OF ALLAH UPON YOUR HEART. AMIN.

I THOUGHT THE VIDEO OF THE PROFESSOR WILL SHOW YOU HOW WRONG YOU ARE TO MAKE THE JEWISH MAN PROPHET JESUS OF THE BIBLE GOD. I GUESS I MISJUDGED YOUR CAPABILITY OF MIND. AS TO MY BEING AWOL, I AM TRYING TO GET OUT OF NAIRALAND. IF YOU CAN DO IT OF THE TWO IDS, DISABLE, DEACTIVATE /UNSUBSCRIBE THEM, I AM READY TO GIVE YOU THE EMAIL I USED FOR THEM I THINK OR PETITION SEUN TO JUST DO IT. SEUN IS ALL ABOUT THE TRAFFIC AND NUMBER DICTATES THE DENSITY OF THE TRAFFIC.
Re: Who Is The Spirit Of Truth In The Holly Bible. by MuttleyLaff: 12:05pm On May 31, 2015
^^^
Sweetnecta sorry I am not quoting you, though I would love to for posterity sake,
but you're repeating and recycling what has already been mentioned but confusing and mixing them up

Why do you keeping repeating an answered question, asking "COULD YOU TELL ME THE NAME OF GOD IN ENGLISH EXCEPT IT IS GOD" ?
The name of God, name of Allah, for the umpteeth time is YHWH, also known as Yahweh or Jehovah, choose whichever floats your boat

What is the difference in Allah and God?
What is Allah? What is God?
What is the name of Allah? What is the name of God? Bet you are going to say the name of Allah is Allah

Again, Allah is not a name of God, just like President is not Buhari's name
Please tell us your middle indigenious Naija name, then without translating it, tell us what is your middle name in English.

Remember I volunteered the exact verses where Moses met Allah (i.e. God) for the first time (i.e. in surah Taha 20: 9-21),
and there God did not say my name is Allah to Moses but said "I am Allah or I am God"
This is like Buhari saying I am President, and we all know that President is not Buhari's name

I also earlier suggested that you check surah Taha 20:14 to read the dialogue between Allah and Moses
It reads "I am Allah, there is no god except Me..." which effectively means "I am God, there is no god except Me..."
note the difference and distinction there, it DID NOT say "My NAME is Allah"
I dont know what you're on about with this your parrotting defense mechanism

You keep dropping adjectives of Allah or attributes of God, without giving us the proper name.
Give us a verse where Allah said: "My NAME is so-so and so..."

PS: I dont want you off Nairaland, please keep your mature posts coming, just that I didnt know you still post, thought you left same time JeSoul did, thats all
Re: Who Is The Spirit Of Truth In The Holly Bible. by helpishere(m): 12:24pm On May 31, 2015
The Spirit of Truth is Jesus christ. He is the truth. The Truth shall set us free. Pilate asked, what is truth? In john 14, 16, Jesus told the disciples that the world cannot receive the Spirit because they cannot see him, but that the disciples know him, 1. Because he dwells with them, 2. The spirit of truth shall be in them. In acts chap 1, the angels told the disciples that this same Jesus whom you see being taken up will in like manner return to them and he did so on the day of pentecost. The book of John chap 1, the same was in the begining with God and in gen chap 1, the spirit of God was with God and hebrews 9 told us that christ died through the Eternal Spirit and when the Spirit came down from heaven, neither John who was filled with the spirit from the womb nor the devil did not know the Son of God until they heard the voice from heaven saying this is my beloved Son...... When John said, I did not know him, does that mean he was lying because Jesus and John were cousins and he knew right from the womb, the job he was coming to do. Satan asked Jesus twice, if you are the Son of God, because he could not believe his ears. And when Jesus told the jews that he came down from heaven, the jews were angry claiming that they know his parents and his siblings, so how can he come from heaven? In hebrews 10, we were told that when he came into the world, a body was prepared for him. AS for Islam, Jesus stated that there is another sheep which is not of his fold which he shall bring unto his fold. The only problem is that they have gone astray and are worshiping other gods made by man. Allah was one of the gods of the arabs and Mohammed destroyed all and left allah standing and since then the followers have been waring to make him remain standing but the bible told us that the gods that did not create the heaven and the earth, they shall all perish from the earth. Fear them not, they cannot do evil neither can they do good. Finally, he has put the Spirit of His Son into our hearts whereby we cry Abba Father. The Spirit of Truth once dwelt with us but now he dwells in us. I knock at the door, if any opens, I and my Father will come in and sup with him. Open your hearts today and God bless you today and always as you invite the Lord into your hearts. Come into my heart, come into my heart, Lord Jesus, come in today, come in to stay, come into my heart, LORD JESUS
Re: Who Is The Spirit Of Truth In The Holly Bible. by Sweetnecta: 12:57pm On May 31, 2015
^ YOU ARE JUST AS DIFFICULT AS THE HINDU GUY TELLING ME THAT I THINK ONLY MUSLIM ARE HUMANS, WHILE HE KNOWS I WILL NOT BE DISCUSSING WITH ANYTHING THAT IS NOT HUMAN.

ALLAH IS PROPER NAME OF CREATOR WHILE GOD IS NOT BECAUSE YOU CAN USE GOD FOR ANYTHING INCLUDING CHANGING THE GENDER AND FINALLY GOD IS ONLY A TITLE, A DESCRIPTIVE WORD. PROPER NAME IS WHAT IS UNIQUE ABOUT A BEING. IN THE CASE OF THE CREATOR, IT IS ALLAH.
BUHARI IS TO THE PRESIDENT OF NIGERIA IS THE PROPER NAME JUST LIKE ALLAH IS THE CREATOR OF CREATION. I AM GOING TO TELL YOU MY MIDDLE NAME? ARE YOU KIDDING ME? YOU SOUND LIKE A YOUNG MAN TELLING ME SOMETIMES THAT IT IS GENERATION THAT INVENTED SOME LINGO AND I REALIZED HE WAS STILL IN HIS 20S IS HIS REASON FOR THINKING THE BUCK STARTED ROLLING WITH HIS GENERATION. MY NAME DOES NOT HAVE AN OYINBO EQUIVALENCE JUST LIKE ALLAH DOES. THE OYINBOS DON'T HAVE A PROPER NAME FOR CREATOR. THEY DO NOT HAVE A REVELATION AND THE REVELATION IN THEIR HANDS HAS ALLAH SOUNDING WORD FOR PROPER NAME OF THE CREATOR,

surah Taha 20: 9-21; HE SAYS I AM ALLAH AND HE DIDNT SAY I AM GOD BECAUSE THE WORD ALLAH IS NOT TRANSLATED. GET IT? IT IS NOT LIKE SAYING BUHARI SAYING I AM PRESIDENT BUT IT IS LIKE THE PRESIDENT OF NIGERIA SAYING I AM BUHARI, IN NIGERIA OF TODAY YOU HAVE NO OTHER PRESIDENT BESIDE ME, SO LISTEN TO MY COMMAND AND CARRY IT OUT AS A SOLDIER.
I AM MUSLIM AND I READ QURAN IN ARABIC AND I HAVE SURAH TAHA IN FRONT OF ME RIGHT NOW. YOU ARE NOT A MUSLIM AND EVEN IF YOU READ ARABIC, SINCE YOUR HEART HAS NO IDAYAH IN IT YET, IT WILL NOT GET YOU TO REFLECT THAT ALLAH IS LEFT IN ARABIC AND NOT REPLACED BY ANY OYINBO WORD. A PERSON SAYS I AM JAMES. DOES HE HAVE TO SAY MY NAME IS JAMES FOR YOU TO KNOW THAT INDEED HIS NAME IS JAMES?
WHEN ALLAH SAYS I AM ALLAH IT MEANS I AM ALLAH BY NAME AND NOT ONE CAN BEAR THAT NAME WITH ME EXCEPT THAT HE IS LYING BECAUSE HE HAS NO RIGHT TO DO SO. IS GOD NOT THE SAME AS LORD WHEN YOU SAY OH GOD OR OH LORD? BUT NEITHER IS NAME OF THE CREATOR. AT LEAST NOT IN PROPER BOOKS OF REVELATIONS IN SPITE OF ALL EXCEPT 1 BEING CORRUPTED AWAY FROM THE PRISTINE ORIGINAL EACH WAS IN THE TIME OF THE RECEIVER?

10;2 Have the people been amazed that We revealed [revelation] to a man from among them, [saying], "Warn mankind and give good tidings to those who believe that they will have a [firm] precedence of honor with their Lord"? [But] the disbelievers say, "Indeed, this is an obvious magician."

10:3 Indeed, your Lord is Allah , who created the heavens and the earth in six days and then established Himself above the Throne, arranging the matter [of His creation]. There is no intercessor except after His permission. That is Allah , your Lord, so worship Him. Then will you not remember?

2;255;

'Allah. There is no god[God] but He,-the Living, the Self-subsisting, Eternal. No slumber can seize Him nor sleep. His are all things in the heavens and on earth. Who is there can intercede in His presence except as He permitteth? He knoweth what (appeareth to His creatures as) before or after or behind them. Nor shall they compass aught of His knowledge except as He willeth. His Throne doth extend over the heavens and the earth, and He feeleth no fatigue in guarding and preserving them for He is the Most High, the Supreme (in glory).'
(Surat Al- Baqara:255)
WE SEE THAT THE NAME ALLAH STANDS AND GOD STANDS SEPARATELY TO INDICATE THAT THERE COULD BE MANY WITH SUCH NAME, BUT ONLY ONE CAN CLAIM TO BE REAL GOD. AND HIS NAME IS ALLAH. ILLA IS GOD AND THAT COULD BE ANYTHING WORSHIPED. MEN WORSHIP THEIR WIVES, ETC.

2;257 Allah[THE NAME OF THE TRUE GOD WHO IS 1] is the ally of those who believe. He brings them out from darknesses into the light. And those who disbelieve - their allies are Taghut[THE NAME OF ALL FAKE GODS THAT PEOPLE WORSHIP SO TRINITARIAN GOD CONSEPT WILL FALL INTO THIS]. They take them out of the light into darknesses. Those are the companions of the Fire; they will abide eternally therein.

I AM NOT INTERESTED IN NAIRALAND, EXCEPT THAT I WANT THE IDS TO DIE. NIGERIANS HAVE CHANGED FROM WHEN I KNEW HER. TODAY YOU HAVE YOUTH HAVING NO REGARDS FOR ELDERS TO THE POINT THAT THEY ARE SEEKING THE DESTRUCTION OF THE PAST PRESIDENT. THAT TO ME IS NOT A CROWD I WISH TO HANG AROUND. UNTIL THIS IS DONE, I WILL STAND IN OPPOSITION TO MANY ESPECIALLY THE TRI OF OBVIOUS IGNORANCE; IFEANN WHO THINKS SHE IS THE GREATEST HAPPENING SINCE COMPUTER AGE.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Who Is The Spirit Of Truth In The Holly Bible. by Scholar8200(m): 12:58pm On May 31, 2015
Let's consider [Jesus speaking] Acts 1:5,"For John truly baptised with water, but you shall be baptised with the Holy Ghost not many days hence". I believe this clarifies the Person that Jesus referred to.

1 Like

Re: Who Is The Spirit Of Truth In The Holly Bible. by eshbeewanna: 1:15pm On May 31, 2015
MuttleyLaff:
^^^

You keep dropping adjectives of Allah or attributes of God, without giving us the proper name.
Give us a verse where Allah said: "My name is so-so and so..."

The Quran says:

Say: "Call upon Allah, or call upon Rahman: by whatever name ye call upon Him, (it is well): for to Him belong the Most Beautiful Names. Neither speak thy Prayer aloud, nor speak it in a low tone, but seek a middle course between."

You can see that Allah says" by whatever name you call upon him"
Is name is Allah.

Again in the Quran Allah says instructs we muslims that before we start any act of worship or prayer we must invoke the name of Allah.That is why you see the statement always in the begining of every chapter in the Quran

Bismillahi Rahman Raheem meaning (In The Name of Allah The Most merciful,The Most Gracious)

But the problem with you christians is that you have a mind set which you don't want to change.which makes you to twist what is obvious.
If you read my post above you will understand better.To be candid this question about the name of Allah is illogical.
The word for God in arabic is Rabb(God/Lord)in English.While his name is Allah.

1 Like

Re: Who Is The Spirit Of Truth In The Holly Bible. by Sweetnecta: 1:16pm On May 31, 2015
^ is there a baptism at all by Jesus or by holy ghost? tell me who either baptized and how can you prove it.
Re: Who Is The Spirit Of Truth In The Holly Bible. by Ovacoma: 1:21pm On May 31, 2015
Most important point of all these argument is that muhammad is not the Holy Spirit!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Who Is The Spirit Of Truth In The Holly Bible. by MuttleyLaff: 2:05pm On May 31, 2015
Sweetnecta:
^ YOU ARE JUST AS DIFFICULT AS THE HINDU GUY TELLING ME THAT I THINK ONLY MUSLIM ARE HUMANS, WHILE HE KNOWS I WILL NOT BE DISCUSSING WITH ANYTHING THAT IS NOT HUMAN.
... YOU'RE BEING INCREDIBLE STUBBORN WITH NOT ADMITTING THAT ALLAH IS GOD, GOD IS ALLAH

Sweetnecta:
ALLAH IS PROPER NAME OF CREATOR WHILE GOD IS NOT
BECAUSE YOU CAN USE GOD FOR ANYTHING INCLUDING CHANGING THE GENDER AND FINALLY GOD IS ONLY A TITLE, A DESCRIPTIVE WORD. PROPER NAME IS WHAT IS UNIQUE ABOUT A BEING. IN THE CASE OF THE CREATOR, IT IS ALLAH.
... YOU ARE MIXING UP "God" WITH "god"
MY DEAR SIR, "God" AND "god" ARE BOTH TITLES
IN THE CASE OF THE CREATOR, IT IS "God" OR ALLAH
PEOPLE MAKE A "god" OF ANYTHING (I.E. DRINK TO SOME CAN BE A "god", ERECTED STATUES CAN BE "god" ETC)
"God" OR ALLAH IS DISTINCT FROM "god"

Sweetnecta:
BUHARI IS TO THE PRESIDENT OF NIGERIA IS THE PROPER NAME JUST LIKE ALLAH IS THE CREATOR OF CREATION.
NO, YOU'RE GOOFING AGAIN.
THE PRESIDENT OF NIGERIA IS A TITLE JUST LIKE ALLAH OR GOD IS A TITLE OF THE CREATOR

Sweetnecta:
I AM GOING TO TELL YOU MY MIDDLE NAME? ARE YOU KIDDING ME? YOU SOUND LIKE A YOUNG MAN TELLING ME SOMETIMES THAT IT IS GENERATION THAT INVENTED SOME LINGO AND I REALIZED HE WAS STILL IN HIS 20S IS HIS REASON FOR THINKING THE BUCK STARTED ROLLING WITH HIS GENERATION. MY NAME DOES NOT HAVE AN OYINBO EQUIVALENCE JUST LIKE ALLAH DOES.
... THAT EXACTLY IS THE POINT, FACT AND TRUTH OF THIS MATTER
GOD'S NAME YHWH OTHERWISE CALLED JEHOVAH OR YAHWEH DOESNT HAVE AN OYINBO EQUIVALENCE
THE OYINBO EQUIVALENCE OF ALLAH HOWEVER IS GOD

Sweetnecta:
THE OYINBOS DON'T HAVE A PROPER NAME FOR CREATOR. THEY DO NOT HAVE A REVELATION AND THE REVELATION IN THEIR HANDS HAS ALLAH SOUNDING WORD FOR PROPER NAME OF THE CREATOR
EVERY TONGUE HAS A TITLE FOR THE CREATOR BUT DONT NECESSARILY KNOW HIS DIRECT ADDRESS OR NAME

Sweetnecta:
surah Taha 20: 9-21; HE SAYS I AM ALLAH AND HE DIDNT SAY I AM GOD BECAUSE THE WORD ALLAH IS NOT TRANSLATED. GET IT? IT IS NOT LIKE SAYING BUHARI SAYING I AM PRESIDENT BUT IT IS LIKE THE PRESIDENT OF NIGERIA SAYING I AM BUHARI, IN NIGERIA OF TODAY YOU HAVE NO OTHER PRESIDENT BESIDE ME, SO LISTEN TO MY COMMAND AND CARRY IT OUT AS A SOLDIER.
I AM MUSLIM AND I READ QURAN IN ARABIC AND I HAVE SURAH TAHA IN FRONT OF ME RIGHT NOW. YOU ARE NOT A MUSLIM AND EVEN IF YOU READ ARABIC, SINCE YOUR HEART HAS NO IDAYAH IN IT YET, IT WILL NOT GET YOU TO REFLECT THAT ALLAH IS LEFT IN ARABIC AND NOT REPLACED BY ANY OYINBO WORD. A PERSON SAYS I AM JAMES. DOES HE HAVE TO SAY MY NAME IS JAMES FOR YOU TO KNOW THAT INDEED HIS NAME IS JAMES?

Sweetnecta:
WHEN ALLAH SAYS I AM ALLAH IT MEANS I AM ALLAH BY NAME AND NOT ONE CAN BEAR THAT NAME WITH ME EXCEPT THAT HE IS LYING BECAUSE HE HAS NO RIGHT TO DO SO. IS GOD NOT THE SAME AS LORD WHEN YOU SAY OH GOD OR OH LORD? BUT NEITHER IS NAME OF THE CREATOR. AT LEAST NOT IN PROPER BOOKS OF REVELATIONS IN SPITE OF ALL EXCEPT 1 BEING CORRUPTED AWAY FROM THE PRISTINE ORIGINAL EACH WAS IN THE TIME OF THE RECEIVER?
ALHAJI, DONT HELP THE QUARAN, JUST PROVIDE THE VERSE WHERE ALLAH CATEGORICALLY SAYS "MY NAME IS SO-SO AND SO"

Sweetnecta:
10;2 Have the people been amazed that We revealed [revelation] to a man from among them, [saying], "Warn mankind and give good tidings to those who believe that they will have a [firm] precedence of honor with their Lord"? [But] the disbelievers say, "Indeed, this is an obvious magician."

10:3 Indeed, your Lord is Allah , who created the heavens and the earth in six days and then established Himself above the Throne, arranging the matter [of His creation]. There is no intercessor except after His permission. That is Allah , your Lord, so worship Him. Then will you not remember?

2;255;

'Allah. There is no god[God] but He,-the Living, the Self-subsisting, Eternal. No slumber can seize Him nor sleep. His are all things in the heavens and on earth. Who is there can intercede in His presence except as He permitteth? He knoweth what (appeareth to His creatures as) before or after or behind them. Nor shall they compass aught of His knowledge except as He willeth. His Throne doth extend over the heavens and the earth, and He feeleth no fatigue in guarding and preserving them for He is the Most High, the Supreme (in glory).'
(Surat Al- Baqara:255)
WE SEE THAT THE NAME ALLAH STANDS AND GOD STANDS SEPARATELY TO INDICATE THAT THERE COULD BE MANY WITH SUCH NAME,
ALHAJI, NOT SO FAST, YOU SNEAKILY TRIED TO HELP THE VERSE THERE
NOTE IT HAD "god" BUT YOU OR SOMEONE EDITED IT WITH "God" IN BRACKETS
YOU DO AGREE THAT "gods" HAVE NAMES JUST AS GOD OR ALLAH HAS HIS NAME?

Sweetnecta:
BUT ONLY ONE CAN CLAIM TO BE REAL GOD. AND HIS NAME IS ALLAH. ILLA IS GOD AND THAT COULD BE ANYTHING WORSHIPED. MEN WORSHIP THEIR WIVES, ETC.
...EXACTLY! MAN MAKE A "god" OF ANYTHING THAT TAKES TO HIS FANCY OR IGNORANCE

2;257 Allah[THE NAME OF THE TRUE GOD WHO IS 1] is the ally of those who believe. He brings them out from darknesses into the light. And those who disbelieve - their allies are Taghut[THE NAME OF ALL FAKE GODS THAT PEOPLE WORSHIP SO TRINITARIAN GOD CONSEPT WILL FALL INTO THIS]. They take them out of the light into darknesses. Those are the companions of the Fire; they will abide eternally therein.

Sweetnecta:
I AM NOT INTERESTED IN NAIRALAND, EXCEPT THAT I WANT THE IDS TO DIE.
NIGERIANS HAVE CHANGED FROM WHEN I KNEW HER.
TODAY YOU HAVE YOUTH HAVING NO REGARDS FOR ELDERS TO THE POINT THAT THEY ARE SEEKING THE DESTRUCTION OF THE PAST PRESIDENT.
END TIME THINGS MY FRIEND.

Sweetnecta:
THAT TO ME IS NOT A CROWD I WISH TO HANG AROUND. UNTIL THIS IS DONE, I WILL STAND IN OPPOSITION TO MANY ESPECIALLY THE TRI OF OBVIOUS IGNORANCE; IFEANN WHO THINKS SHE IS THE GREATEST HAPPENING SINCE COMPUTER AGE.
DONT GET EMASCULATED, TRUTHFUL WORDS ALWAYS STAND THE TEST OF TIME BUT LIES ARE SOON EXPOSED

eshbeewanna:
The Quran says:

Say: "Call upon Allah, or call upon Rahman: by whatever name ye call upon Him, (it is well):
for to Him belong the Most Beautiful Names. Neither speak thy Prayer aloud, nor speak it in a low tone, but seek a middle course between."
"Call upon Allah" means Call upon God, Rahman means Most Gracious (i.e. still an adjective and another of God's many atrributes)
and "by whatever name ye call upon Him" is not His name
The Quran gives you a blank canvass about God's real or actual name,
whereas the Bible has God (i.e. Allah) so many times categorically state what His name is

eshbeewanna:
You can see that Allah says" by whatever name you call upon him"
Is name is Allah.
Yes I can see but where does it says what Allah's, God's direct name is

eshbeewanna:
Again in the Quran Allah says instructs we muslims that before we start any act of worship or prayer we must invoke the name of Allah.That is why you see the statement always in the begining of every chapter in the Quran

Bismillahi Rahman Raheem meaning (In The Name of Allah The Most merciful,The Most Gracious)
This actually means In The Name of Allah The Most merciful,The Most Gracious but what is the name of Allah gan-gan. What is God's name ogbeni.

eshbeewanna:
But the problem with you christians is that you have a mind set which you don't want to change. Which makes you to twist what is obvious.
There is this Yoruba adage which says: "Ai tete mu ole, ole nmu oloko"
loosely meaning, "the thief is raising the alarm before the owner does"

eshbeewanna:
If you read my post above you will understand better. To be candid this question about the name of Allah is illogical.
The word for God in arabic is Rabb(God/Lord)in English. While his name is Allah.
Again as earlier told Sweetnecta, the word for God in Arabic is, Allah
whereas Rabb is, Lord in English, and Adonai in Hebrew. Rabb is an adjective and not a noun.
Please stop all this Taqiyya, and if its not genuine Taqiyya, then curb the ignorance

When Sweetnecta was asked to share the verse where Allah says: "My name is so-so and so" he dismally failed to do so
Here is giving you the opportunity to share with all where Allah categorically says: "My name is so-so and so"

Here are a few examples for you to follow showing Allah in the Bible saying what His name is:

Exodus 6:3
and I appeared unto Abraham, unto Isaac, and unto Jacob, as God Almighty, but by my name the LORD (YHWH) I was not known to them

I appeared to Abraham, to Isaac, and to Jacob as El-Shaddai--'God Almighty'--but I did not reveal my name, Yahweh, to them.

Isaiah 42:8
"I am Yahweh. That is my name. I will not give my glory to another, nor my praise to engraved images

Psalm 68:4
Sing to God! Sing praises to His name. Exalt Him who rides on the clouds -- His name is Yahweh--and rejoice before Him

Sweetnecta and eshbeewanna, who is and what is YHWH, otherwise known as Yahweh or Jehovah in Exodus 6:3, Isaiah 42:8 and Psalm 68:4

Dont keep us waiting, please also kindly attempt matching verses in the Quran JUST LIKE ONES IN BIBLE VERSES ABOVE where Allah categorically states what His name is or where His name (i.e. direct address) is categorically stated
Re: Who Is The Spirit Of Truth In The Holly Bible. by MuttleyLaff: 3:04pm On May 31, 2015
Scholar8200:
Let's consider [Jesus speaking]
Acts 1:5,"For John truly baptised with water, but you shall be baptised with the Holy Ghost not many days hence". I believe this seals the Person Jesus referred to.

Ovacoma:
Most important point of all these argument is that muhammad is not the Holy Spirit!
cc hero70

Since the original post has been derailed and is not progressively moving on,
well it's now time to steer it back to what "The Spirit Of Truth" is really all about, where it is coming from and it's purpose

John 14:16-17
16I will ask the Father, and He will give you another Helper, that He may be with you forever;
17that is the Spirit of truth, whom the world cannot receive, because it does not see Him or know Him,
but you know Him because He abides with you and will be in you.

John 14:26
However, the helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, will teach you everything.
He will remind you of everything that I have ever told you.

John 15:26
But when the Helper comes, whom I will send to you from the Father, the Spirit of truth,
who proceeds from the Father, he will bear witness about me

1 Corinthians 2:10-12
10But it was to us that God revealed these things by his Spirit. For his Spirit searches out everything and shows us God’s deep secrets.
11No one can know a person’s thoughts except that person’s own spirit, and no one can know God’s thoughts except God’s own Spirit.
12And we have received God’s Spirit (not the world’s spirit), so we can know the wonderful things God has freely given us.
Re: Who Is The Spirit Of Truth In The Holly Bible. by Ovacoma: 3:31pm On May 31, 2015
MuttleyLaff:

cc hero70

Since the original post has been derailed and is not progressively moving on,
well it's now time to steer it back to what "The Spirit Of Truth" is really all about, where it is coming from and it's purpose

John 14:16-17
16I will ask the Father, and He will give you another Helper, that He may be with you forever;
17that is the Spirit of truth, whom the world cannot receive, because it does not see Him or know Him,
but you know Him because He abides with you and will be in you.

John 14:26
However, the helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, will teach you everything.
He will remind you of everything that I have ever told you.

John 15:26
But when the Helper comes, whom I will send to you from the Father, the Spirit of truth,
who proceeds from the Father, he will bear witness about me

1 Corinthians 2:10-12
10But it was to us that God revealed these things by his Spirit. For his Spirit searches out everything and shows us God’s deep secrets.
11No one can know a person’s thoughts except that person’s own spirit, and no one can know God’s thoughts except God’s own Spirit.
12And we have received God’s Spirit (not the world’s spirit), so we can know the wonderful things God has freely given us.

thank you very much.
This also means the Holy Spirit knows everything just as The Father and the son; He wouldn't need any angel to be dictating any verses to Him in a cave somewhere.
Who still think muhammad is the Holy Spirit o?
Re: Who Is The Spirit Of Truth In The Holly Bible. by Ifeann(f): 4:32pm On May 31, 2015
Sweetnecta:
^ YOU ARE JUST AS DIFFICULT AS THE HINDU GUY TELLING ME THAT....

IFEANN WHO THINKS SHE IS THE GREATEST HAPPENING SINCE COMPUTER AGE.

I have never boasted or made such a statement... u are the one who thinks so

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Is The Spirit Of Truth In The Holly Bible. by eshbeewanna: 5:16pm On May 31, 2015
MuttleyLaff:
"Call upon Allah" means Call upon God, Rahman means Most Gracious (i.e. still an adjective and another of God's many atrributes)
and "by whatever name ye call upon Him" is not His name
The Quran gives you a blank canvass about God's real or actual name,
whereas the Bible has God (i.e. Allah) so many times categorically state what His name is

Yes I can see but where does it says what Allah's, God's direct name is

This actually means In The Name of Allah The Most merciful,The Most Gracious but what is the name of Allah gan-gan. What is God's name ogbeni.

There is this Yoruba adage which says: "Ai tete mu ole, ole nmu oloko"
loosely meaning, "the thief is raising the alarm before the owner does"

Again as earlier told Sweetnecta, the word for God in Arabic is, Allah
whereas Rabb is, Lord in English, and Adonai in Hebrew. Rabb is an adjective and not a noun.
Please stop all this Taqiyya, and if its not genuine Taqiyya, then curb the ignorance

When Sweetnecta was asked to share the verse where Allah says: "My name is so-so and so" he dismally failed to do so
Here is giving you the opportunity to share with all where Allah categorically says: "My name is so-so and so"

Here are a few examples for you to follow showing Allah in the Bible saying what His name is:

and I appeared unto Abraham, unto Isaac, and unto Jacob, as God Almighty, but by my name the LORD (YHWH) I was not known to them

I appeared to Abraham, to Isaac, and to Jacob as El-Shaddai--'God Almighty'--but I did not reveal my name, Yahweh, to them.

Isaiah 42:8
"I am Yahweh. That is my name. I will not give my glory to another, nor my praise to engraved images

Psalm 68:4
Sing to God! Sing praises to His name. Exalt Him who rides on the clouds -- His name is Yahweh--and rejoice before Him

Sweetnecta and eshbeewanna, who is and what is YHWH, otherwise known as Yahweh or Jehovah in Exodus 6:3, Isaiah 42:8 and Psalm 68:4

Dont keep us waiting, please also kindly attempt matching verses in the Quran JUST LIKE ONES IN BIBLE VERSES ABOVE where Allah categorically states what His name is or where His name (i.e. direct address) is categorically stated

It is obvious here that you are just playing pranks.You asked for a verse where Allah calls is name Allah.I gave it to you,you quickly twisted it again that I should give you just the way the bible stated it.
The quranic verses stated it clearly that Allah is God's name and that if you choose to call him by his attributes you are free.
I have said before now that even if God himself comes down to tell you is name you will still not believe just because of your wrong mind set.
However I will still take my time to educate you again.

To begin with,how can a title beginning with "the" be a name? Yahweh, also means "the Eternal", which means "Al-Samad" in Arabic. It's just a title!
  "Yahweh" wasn't even the first thing GOD Almighty was addressed with in the Bible!
  So why then does the Arabic Bible use "Allah" and "Yahweh" for GOD?
  Why did Jesus choose to say the Aramaic "Eloi" to the Hebrew speaking people?

One thing that many non-Hebrew speaking Jews and Christians mistake about is the name of GOD Almighty in the Bible.  "Yahweh" in Hebrew means "The LORD" or the "The GOD".  It is not a name.  Let us look at the following quotations from Christian and Jewish resources:

"Judaism teaches that while God's name exists in written form, it is too holy to be pronounced.  The result has been that, over the last 2000 years, the correct pronunciation has been lost."

"About 3,500 years ago, God spoke to Moses, saying: 'Thus shall you speak to the Israelites: The LORD [Hebrew: YHWH], the God of your fathers, the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob, has sent me to you: This shall be My name forever, this My appellation for all eternity.'   (Exodus 3:15; Psalm 135:13)"  (Mankind's Search for GOD, p.225).

"....the four Hebrew consonants YHWH (Yahweh) that in their Latinized form have come to be known over the centuries in English as JEHOVAH."   (Mankind's Search for GOD, p.225).

So the word "YHWH" or "Yahweh" or "Jehovah" is not the ORIGINAL name, but the appellation (title) for the Almighty GOD.  This is perfectly fine, because Jews, Christians and Muslims call on to GOD Almighty as "The LORD" or "The GOD", which means "Yahweh" or "Jehovah" in Hebrew and "Al-Rab" in Arabic.  "Al-Rab" in Arabic and "Yahweh" in Hebrew and the other translations in all other languages are indeed GOD Almighty's title.   But they are NOT His original Name!

Let us look at what Exodus 3:15 and Psalm 135:13 from the NIV Bible say:  "God also said to Moses, "Say to the Israelites, `The LORD [Notice that they didn't write Jehovah.  "The LORD" in only a title], the God of your fathers--the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac and the God of Jacob--has sent me to you.' This is my name forever, the name by which I am to be remembered from generation to generation.  (From the NIV Bible, Exodus 3:15)"

"Your name, O LORD, endures forever, your renown, O LORD, through all generations.  (From the NIV Bible, Psalm 135:13)"

So as we clearly see from the above Verses from the NIV Bible, the original name for GOD Almighty is not "Yahweh".  The title "The LORD" is only a title and a nick name (if you will) that we give to GOD Almighty.  But "Yahweh" is definitely NOT THE ORIGINAL NAME for GOD Almighty.

"Allah" on the other hand is a name.  It is the name of GOD Almighty.   Below, you will see ample proofs from the Aramaic language that the name of GOD Almighty was indeed "Allah". 

"GOD" in Arabic and Aramaic sound the same, and it is "Allah".

Jesus peace be upon him spoke Aramaic during his ministry.

"Allah" is GOD's Name, "Elaw" means "GOD" in Aramaic: How can they be the same?  I clearly proved from the Noble Quran that "Allah" means the Supreme GOD Almighty in Arabic.

How can a title beginning with "the" be a name?

Beside the crystal clear proofs above about Yahweh or Jehovah being just a title or "appellation" (Exodus 3:15) for GOD Almighty, I would like to raise this simple question, and simple common sense test:

How can any title that begins with "the" be a name?

If I call you "the man", as it is a common slang for a person to be called that here in the US, would that really make your name "the man"? 

A Christian just recently told me that in Hebrew, Yahweh not only means "The LORD" or the "The GOD", but it also means "The Eternal" (according to the New Dictionary of the Bible).  That's all perfect with me.

The Eternal, Yahweh or Jehovah, means "Al-Samad" in Arabic.  Allah Almighty called Himself "Al-Samad" in the Noble Quran (Noble Verse 112:2).  I am willing to address Allah Almighty from now on by the "Al-Samad" title (Yahweh in Hebrew) and not by "Allah Almighty" (His Holy Name) if that's going to make Christians understand Islam and embrace it!

How difficult is it to comprehend that a title beginning with "the" can never be a name!  Let alone being an original name! 

"Yahweh" wasn't even the first thing GOD Almighty was addressed with in the Bible!

Some Christians still insist that GOD Almighty's original Holy Name was Yahweh.   They rely on Exodus 3:15 to prove this nonsense.  I clearly proved in the section above that "Yahweh" in Exodus 3:15 was only a title and not a name, and it means "The LORD", "The GOD" and the "The Eternal" (according to the New Dictionary of the Bible).

Now, let's assume for a second that "Yahweh" is a name, which is really ridiculous since its English translation starts with "the".   This still doesn't prove that GOD Almighty's original name is Yahweh!  Exodus 3:15 that Christians are so big on using was revealed to Prophet Moses peace be upon him.   How many years are there between Adam and Moses peace be upon them? Probably thousands!  If not even millions!

So according to the Christians' logic, GOD Almighty was Nameless from the time of Adam until the time of Moses where He, the Almighty, supposedly had finally found Himself and His identity.  Correct?  Wrong!  That's all a bunch of nonsense!

GOD Almighty's original Holy Name is clearly "Allah" or "Elaw"!   Like I said above, when Jesus peace be upon him was put on the cross, he cried to GOD Almighty and said "Eloi", which is derived from "Elaw" or "Allah".  He didn't say "Yahwahoi"!

Therefore, any Christian who decides to act stubborn and reject the crystal clear fact that GOD Almighty's original Holy Name was indeed "Allah", because of fearing that it would prove Islam to be the faith of Truth, is guilty of sinning against GOD Almighty!
Re: Who Is The Spirit Of Truth In The Holly Bible. by MuttleyLaff: 6:13pm On May 31, 2015
eshbeewanna:
It is obvious here that you are just playing pranks. You asked for a verse where Allah calls is name Allah.
No, I did not ask where Allah calls His name Allah, as I know, Allah isnt God's name
I asked for a verse where Allah (i.e. God) said what His name is
but you came back with Allah, which is a title
and also added as names of Allah, a few bunch of other attributes or adjectives describing Allah/God's attributes

eshbeewanna:
I gave it to you, you quickly twisted it again that I should give you just the way the bible stated it.
The quranic verses stated it clearly that Allah is God's name and that if you choose to call him by his attributes you are free.
No you gave a verse saying "I am Allah, call me whatever name under the sun etc". The verse at no point say "My name is this or that, or call me by this or that name"
You mistake qualifying with twisting
I had to qualify the question and asked that, just like the Bible verses I showed earlier, where in the Quran, did Allah or God say "My name is so-so or so"

eshbeewanna:
I have said before now that even if God himself comes down to tell you is name you will still not believe just because of your wrong mind set.
under which stone have you been living?
God has already has told us what His name is. Numerous times He said it.
Do these verses mean anything to you Alfa?

eshbeewanna:
However I will still take my time to educate you again.
You mean your plagiarised post that followed
That article you plagiarised which is riddled with misleading interpretation of what YHWH means

Let's give you some proper "education", a bit of Bible 101

YHWH is Allah's direct addressing (i.e. Allah/God's name). YHWH is God's name.
It is a proper noun and not an adjective like Al-Samad and others of the sort are

The Jews feel God's name (i.e. YHWH) is too sacred to mention, utter or write down, so whenever or instead of writing YHWH they say or replace it with Adonai, Adonai means owner and its English equivalent is Lord

Your plagiarised article is ignorant that, as Allah is God in Arabic, so "Eloi" is God in Aramaic.

The Hebrews, all dont necessarily speak or understand Aramaic which is why they said "He is calling of Eli" thinking He was calling on Elijah
not realising Jesus actually was saying
"My God, my God...."

eshbeewanna:
To begin with,how can a title beginning with "the" be a name? Yahweh, also means "the Eternal", which means "Al-Samad" in Arabic. It's just a title!
  So why then does the Arabic Bible use "Allah" and "Yahweh" for GOD?
  Why did Jesus choose to say the Aramaic "Eloi" to the Hebrew speaking people?

One thing that many non-Hebrew speaking Jews and Christians mistake about is the name of GOD Almighty in the Bible.  "Yahweh" in Hebrew means "The LORD" or the "The GOD".  It is not a name.  Let us look at the following quotations from Christian and Jewish resources:

"Judaism teaches that while God's name exists in written form, it is too holy to be pronounced.  The result has been that, over the last 2000 years, the correct pronunciation has been lost."

"About 3,500 years ago, God spoke to Moses, saying: 'Thus shall you speak to the Israelites: The LORD [Hebrew: YHWH], the God of your fathers, the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob, has sent me to you: This shall be My name forever, this My appellation for all eternity.'   (Exodus 3:15; Psalm 135:13)"  (Mankind's Search for GOD, p.225).

"....the four Hebrew consonants YHWH (Yahweh) that in their Latinized form have come to be known over the centuries in English as JEHOVAH."   (Mankind's Search for GOD, p.225).

So the word "YHWH" or "Yahweh" or "Jehovah" is not the ORIGINAL name, but the appellation (title) for the Almighty GOD.  This is perfectly fine, because Jews, Christians and Muslims call on to GOD Almighty as "The LORD" or "The GOD", which means "Yahweh" or "Jehovah" in Hebrew and "Al-Rab" in Arabic.  "Al-Rab" in Arabic and "Yahweh" in Hebrew and the other translations in all other languages are indeed GOD Almighty's title.   But they are NOT His original Name!

Let us look at what Exodus 3:15 and Psalm 135:13 from the NIV Bible say:  "God also said to Moses, "Say to the Israelites, `The LORD [Notice that they didn't write Jehovah.  "The LORD" in only a title], the God of your fathers--the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac and the God of Jacob--has sent me to you.' This is my name forever, the name by which I am to be remembered from generation to generation.  (From the NIV Bible, Exodus 3:15)"

"Your name, O LORD, endures forever, your renown, O LORD, through all generations.  (From the NIV Bible, Psalm 135:13)"

So as we clearly see from the above Verses from the NIV Bible, the original name for GOD Almighty is not "Yahweh".  The title "The LORD" is only a title and a nick name (if you will) that we give to GOD Almighty.  But "Yahweh" is definitely NOT THE ORIGINAL NAME for GOD Almighty.

"Allah" on the other hand is a name.  It is the name of GOD Almighty.   Below, you will see ample proofs from the Aramaic language that the name of GOD Almighty was indeed "Allah". 

"GOD" in Arabic and Aramaic sound the same, and it is "Allah".

Jesus peace be upon him spoke Aramaic during his ministry.

"Allah" is GOD's Name, "Elaw" means "GOD" in Aramaic: How can they be the same?  I clearly proved from the Noble Quran that "Allah" means the Supreme GOD Almighty in Arabic.

How can a title beginning with "the" be a name?

Beside the crystal clear proofs above about Yahweh or Jehovah being just a title or "appellation" (Exodus 3:15) for GOD Almighty, I would like to raise this simple question, and simple common sense test:

How can any title that begins with "the" be a name?

If I call you "the man", as it is a common slang for a person to be called that here in the US, would that really make your name "the man"? 

A Christian just recently told me that in Hebrew, Yahweh not only means "The LORD" or the "The GOD", but it also means "The Eternal" (according to the New Dictionary of the Bible).  That's all perfect with me.

The Eternal, Yahweh or Jehovah, means "Al-Samad" in Arabic.  Allah Almighty called Himself "Al-Samad" in the Noble Quran (Noble Verse 112:2).  I am willing to address Allah Almighty from now on by the "Al-Samad" title (Yahweh in Hebrew) and not by "Allah Almighty" (His Holy Name) if that's going to make Christians understand Islam and embrace it!

How difficult is it to comprehend that a title beginning with "the" can never be a name!  Let alone being an original name! 

Some Christians still insist that GOD Almighty's original Holy Name was Yahweh.   They rely on Exodus 3:15 to prove this nonsense.  I clearly proved in the section above that "Yahweh" in Exodus 3:15 was only a title and not a name, and it means "The LORD", "The GOD" and the "The Eternal" (according to the New Dictionary of the Bible).

Now, let's assume for a second that "Yahweh" is a name, which is really ridiculous since its English translation starts with "the".   This still doesn't prove that GOD Almighty's original name is Yahweh!  Exodus 3:15 that Christians are so big on using was revealed to Prophet Moses peace be upon him.   How many years are there between Adam and Moses peace be upon them? Probably thousands!  If not even millions!

So according to the Christians' logic, GOD Almighty was Nameless from the time of Adam until the time of Moses where He, the Almighty, supposedly had finally found Himself and His identity.  Correct?  Wrong!  That's all a bunch of nonsense!

GOD Almighty's original Holy Name is clearly "Allah" or "Elaw"!   Like I said above, when Jesus peace be upon him was put on the cross, he cried to GOD Almighty and said "Eloi", which is derived from "Elaw" or "Allah".  He didn't say "Yahwahoi"!

Therefore, any Christian who decides to act stubborn and reject the crystal clear fact that GOD Almighty's original Holy Name was indeed "Allah", because of fearing that it would prove Islam to be the faith of Truth, is guilty of sinning against GOD Almighty!
cc Ifeann
SMH, I had to quote you and for posterity sake, let all SEE and READ THIS PLAGIARISM
I thought you were a honest poster but have noticed if you arent doing Taqiyya
then you are up with treacheries, passing on other peoples' work as yours
You are that lazy, you couldnt be original and had to palm off other people's write up verbatim as yours
You cant be trusted to be above board. You've really been caught naughty copying someone else whole article word for word.
You've also insulted your future self as well. Dingdong. Cant be taken serious anymore. Shame on you
Re: Who Is The Spirit Of Truth In The Holly Bible. by Sweetnecta: 9:13pm On May 31, 2015
I DONT THINK OF YOU IFEANN MORE THAN WHAT YOU REALLY ARE WHICH IS THE REASON I AM LETTING YOU KNOW THAT YOU ARE JUST 1 AMONG THE LARGE CROWD.

@myttleylaff; BUHARI IS A NAME. ALLAH IS A NAME. BUHARI SAYS I AM BUHARI. ALLAH SAYS I AM ALLAH.
PRESIDENT IS A TITLE; THE PRESIDENT OF THE COUNTRY CALLED NIGERIA. CREATOR IS A TITLE; THE CREATOR OF ALL.

AND AS TO GOD/god, MY GOD MAY BE god TO YOU BECAUSE I WORSHIP HIM, BUT YOU DONT.
ALLAH IS THE NAME OF MY GOD. GOD/god IN ARABIC IS ILLAH WHILE THE GOD IS REAL, THE god IS NOT REAL;
THE GOD IS ALLAH, THE god IS AL UZZA, AL MANAH, ETC, EACH OF THE god BEING IDOL AND NOW DESTROYED.
ALLAH WAS NEVER REPRESENTED ON EARTH BY ANYTHING PHYSICAL DURING THE TIME THE ARABS ADOPTED PAGANISM.

BELOW IS DEFINITION OF GOD/god; www.thefreedictionary.com/god

god
Also found in: Medical, Legal, Acronyms, Idioms, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
god (gŏd)
n.
1. God
a. A being conceived as the perfect, omnipotent, omniscient originator and ruler of the universe, the principal object of faith and worship in monotheistic religions.
b. The force, effect, or a manifestation or aspect of this being.
2. A being of supernatural powers or attributes, believed in and worshiped by a people, especially a male deity thought to control some part of nature or reality.
3. An image of a supernatural being; an idol.
4. One that is worshiped, idealized, or followed: Money was their god.

ENGLISH IS NOT THE STANDARD LANGUAGE OF SPIRITUAL GUIDANCE, AT LEAST NOT IN ISLAM. IF ARABS AND MUSLIMS SAY ALLAH IS A PROPER NAME FOR A BEING THAT THE ENGLISH WILL SAY IS GOD THE CREATOR, NOT THE GODS THAT HAVE EXISTED WHILE NONE OF THEM IS THE BEING THAT IS TRULY GOD, HOW DO YOU ARGUE AGAINST THAT WHEN YOU HAVE NO IDEA OF THE DEPTH OF THE TRUTH OF THE STATEMENT? DOESNT ELOI, ELAH OF SCOFFIELD BIBLE SOUND LIKE ALLAH AND NOT LIKE YAHWEH, JEHOVAH OR GOD?

www.islambasics.com/view.php?bkID=28&chapter=4

ALLAH IN THE BIBLE

The above exercise proves that El, Elah and Elohim are not three distinctly different words. They all represent the single Arabic word Allah. This is not my wishful thinking. Please see below. It is a photostatic reproduction of a page from the English Bible, edited by Rev. C. I. Scofield,D.D., with his Bible Commentary· This Doctor of Divinity is well respected among the Bible Scholars of the Christian world. He is backed in his "NEW AND IMPROVED EDITION" of this translation by a galaxy of eight other D.D.'s:

Rev. Henry G. Weston, D.D., LL.D., President Crozer Theological jeminary.
Rev. W. G. Moorehead, D.D., President Xenia (U.I,) Theological Seminary.
Rev. lames M. Gray, D.D., President Moody Bible Institute.
Rev. Elmore Harris, D.D., President Toronto Bible Institute.
Rev. William !. Erdman, D.D., Author "The Gospel of John," etc.
Rev. Arthur T. Pierson, D.D., Author, Editor, Teacher, etc.
Rev. William L. Pettingill, D.D., Author, Editor, Teacher.
Arno C. Gaebelein, Author "Harmoney of Prophetic Word," etc.

I have not listed the above luminaries to awe you. They have been unanimous in supporting Rev. Scofield in his "New and Improved" commentary.

Please note that in their comment No. 1 below left, they concur that - "Elohim, (sometimes El or Elah meaning God)" and alternatively spelled "Alah" (line three, third word). All the eight D.D.'s above could not have been blind in dittoing the spelling "Alah" for God. How far were they from the Arabic word spelled - ALLAH - in English, I ask you dear reader? This is Allah's handiwork, but the Devil (I must give him a capital "grin," he deserves it) was not slow in making a quick come-back through his agents. He succeeded in firing all the D.D.'s responsible for that debacle, and had them replaced by nine others with more impressive degrees than the previous lot. You will find them in the recent reproduction of "The New Scofield Reference Bible." You will not be able to lay your hands anymore on the Bible with "Alah" in it. The Devil has seen to that.
genesis1.jpg genesis2.jpg (88228 bytes)

MY ONLY PLEA

I had made some public statements regarding my discovery of the word "Alah" as alternatively spelled from the usual Christian spelling "Elah." My plea to the Christians was this that spell the word as you like, with an "A" or an "E", with a single "L" or double "LL's", but for goodness sake pronounce the word correctly, as we Muslims do. Because even with its proper Anglicised spelling -
A L L A H: "IT IS SO FAR FROM ITS ARABIC ORIGINAL, WHEN PRONOUNCED WITH A THIN ENGLISH CONSONANT AND FEEBLE VOWELS, THAT MANY AN ARAB MUSLIM WOULD FIND IT UNRECOGNIZABLE." Says Rev. Kenneth Cragg, the Anglican Bishop of Jerusalem in his book, "The Call of the Minaret," page 36.

As much as the Englishman has the right to dictate to us as to how his language is to be sounded, surely we Muslims have as much right to demand a common courtesy when taking the name of God. We do not wish the word Allah to go into limbo like the "Yahuwa" of the ]ews. More than 6000 times the formula "YAHUWA ELAH," or ya"HUWA ALAH," or "HUWALLAH," (He is Allah!) occur in the Hebrew manuscripts of the Jewish Bible, commonly called the "Old Testament," by the Christians. If this fact is openly acknowledged by the learned men of Christianity and broadcasted as Rev. Scofield had done then the day for Muslims and Christians to worship God together would not be far distant. But the Devil will not have it. Vested interests are involved. Instead of pronouncing the word ALAH correctly, they would rather have the whole word omitted.

QUICK ABROGATION

"Now You See It" - "Now You Don't" is an old, old gimmick in the West. Compare the above and see how cleverly, how deftly the new band of missionaries expunged the word "Alah" from the "Authorised King James Version" of the Scofield translation of the Bible1. . . .

1. For further examples of the Christian gymnastics in the Bible, see Chapter 4 in my book - "Is the Bible God's Word?".

UNIQUE NAME FOR UNIQUE GOD

. . . "Further, in English, if some gentleman was to look after somebody's child as a guardian, we would say that he is a "godfather" to the child, and the woman - a "god- mother" to the child. And if one tried to be a bit too funny, a bit too clever, one would say -'What do you think of yourself, are you a tin god!' We spell god with a capital "G" (God), and we spell god with a small "g" (god), which creates in your minds grades and grades of divinities." . . .

. . . You have a variety of choices in the list above. Take your pick like that old woman who lit one candle to St. Michael and another to the Devil. So that whether she went to Heaven or to Hell she would have a friend.

Jupiter the god of Heaven
Pluto the god of Hell
Mars the god of War
Neptune the god of the Sea and
Zeus the god-father of them all

with his many wives and many children. His Hercules, his Appolo, his Horus, his Isis and Osiris.

1 Like

Re: Who Is The Spirit Of Truth In The Holly Bible. by MuttleyLaff: 10:14pm On May 31, 2015
Sweetnecta:
@myttleylaff; BUHARI IS A NAME. ALLAH IS A NAME. BUHARI SAYS I AM BUHARI. ALLAH SAYS I AM ALLAH.
PRESIDENT IS A TITLE; THE PRESIDENT OF THE COUNTRY CALLED NIGERIA. CREATOR IS A TITLE; THE CREATOR OF ALL.
Sweetnecta, hmm, though you are doing a circular argument, lets try this another way.
Sweetnecta, please tell, what is God to an Arabic Christian or what is God in an Arabic Christian's tongue

Sweetnecta:
AND AS TO GOD/god, MY GOD MAY BE god TO YOU BECAUSE I WORSHIP HIM, BUT YOU DONT
We havent gone to that level about whether your God maybe "God" or "god" yet
We haven't discussed what your God may be to me yet.
We have only wrestled with the fact and truth that God in English, is Allah in Arabic (i.e. the one Person)
We also tried to establish and agree on what God/Allah specifically said His name is

Sweetnecta:
ALLAH IS THE NAME OF MY GOD. GOD/god IN ARABIC IS ILLAH WHILE THE GOD IS REAL, THE god IS NOT REAL;
THE GOD IS ALLAH, THE god IS AL UZZA, AL MANAH, ETC, EACH OF THE god BEING IDOL AND NOW DESTROYED.
ALLAH WAS NEVER REPRESENTED ON EARTH BY ANYTHING PHYSICAL DURING THE TIME THE ARABS ADOPTED PAGANISM.
All asked was the verse where Allah stated specifically that His name is so-so and so
I am Allah doesnt wash as His name, just like I am President wont wash as Buhari implying President is his name
You see now that Allah/God, just like President in these contexts are titles and not direct address of persons

Sweetnecta:
BELOW IS DEFINITION OF GOD/god; www.thefreedictionary.com/god

god
Also found in: Medical, Legal, Acronyms, Idioms, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
god (gŏd)
n.
1. God
a. A being conceived as the perfect, omnipotent, omniscient originator and ruler of the universe, the principal object of faith and worship in monotheistic religions.
b. The force, effect, or a manifestation or aspect of this being.
2. A being of supernatural powers or attributes, believed in and worshiped by a people, especially a male deity thought to control some part of nature or reality.
3. An image of a supernatural being; an idol.
4. One that is worshiped, idealized, or followed: Money was their god.
Thank you for this redundant and recycled effort.
Remember, it has been posted how men make "gods" of whatever takes to their whims or fancies

Sweetnecta:
ENGLISH IS NOT THE STANDARD LANGUAGE OF SPIRITUAL GUIDANCE, AT LEAST NOT IN ISLAM.
OK, I hear you and this opinion of your isnt necessarily a barrier though, or is it?
Out of curiosity, what is THE STANDARD LANGUAGE OF SPIRITUAL GUIDANCE, AT LEAST IN CHRISTIANITY

Sweetnecta:
IF ARABS AND MUSLIMS SAY ALLAH IS A PROPER NAME FOR A BEING THAT THE ENGLISH WILL SAY IS GOD THE CREATOR, NOT THE GODS THAT HAVE EXISTED WHILE NONE OF THEM IS THE BEING THAT IS TRULY GOD, HOW DO YOU ARGUE AGAINST THAT WHEN YOU HAVE NO IDEA OF THE DEPTH OF THE TRUTH OF THE STATEMENT?
How do you argue against God saying specifically: "My name is YHWH"
Mind you, there is a good guess WHY ARABS AND MUSLIMS SAY ALLAH IS A PROPER NAME INSTEAD OF YHWH OTHERWISE KNOWN AS YAHWEH OR JEHOVAH

Sweetnecta:
DOESNT ELOI, ELAH OF SCOFFIELD BIBLE SOUND LIKE ALLAH AND NOT LIKE YAHWEH, JEHOVAH OR GOD?
DONT YOU KNOW THAT ELOI, ELAH AND ALLAH ARE SEMITIC TONGUES OR LANGUAGES?
DONT YOU KNOW THAT THEY ALL MEAN THE SAME THING?
DONT YOU KNOW THAT THEY ALL MEAN "God" AND DO NOT MEAN YAHWEH, JEHOVAH OR YHWH, THE NAME OF GOD?

Sweetnecta:
www.islambasics.com/view.php?bkID=28&chapter=4

ALLAH IN THE BIBLE

The above exercise proves that El, Elah and Elohim are not three distinctly different words. They all represent the single Arabic word Allah. This is not my wishful thinking. Please see below. It is a photostatic reproduction of a page from the English Bible, edited by Rev. C. I. Scofield,D.D., with his Bible Commentary· This Doctor of Divinity is well respected among the Bible Scholars of the Christian world. He is backed in his "NEW AND IMPROVED EDITION" of this translation by a galaxy of eight other D.D.'s:

Rev. Henry G. Weston, D.D., LL.D., President Crozer Theological jeminary.
Rev. W. G. Moorehead, D.D., President Xenia (U.I,) Theological Seminary.
Rev. lames M. Gray, D.D., President Moody Bible Institute.
Rev. Elmore Harris, D.D., President Toronto Bible Institute.
Rev. William !. Erdman, D.D., Author "The Gospel of John," etc.
Rev. Arthur T. Pierson, D.D., Author, Editor, Teacher, etc.
Rev. William L. Pettingill, D.D., Author, Editor, Teacher.
Arno C. Gaebelein, Author "Harmoney of Prophetic Word," etc.

I have not listed the above luminaries to awe you. They have been unanimous in supporting Rev. Scofield in his "New and Improved" commentary.

Please note that in their comment No. 1 below left, they concur that - "Elohim, (sometimes El or Elah meaning God)" and alternatively spelled "Alah" (line three, third word). All the eight D.D.'s above could not have been blind in dittoing the spelling "Alah" for God. How far were they from the Arabic word spelled - ALLAH - in English, I ask you dear reader? This is Allah's handiwork, but the Devil (I must give him a capital "grin," he deserves it) was not slow in making a quick come-back through his agents. He succeeded in firing all the D.D.'s responsible for that debacle, and had them replaced by nine others with more impressive degrees than the previous lot. You will find them in the recent reproduction of "The New Scofield Reference Bible." You will not be able to lay your hands anymore on the Bible with "Alah" in it. The Devil has seen to that.
genesis1.jpg genesis2.jpg (88228 bytes)

MY ONLY PLEA

I had made some public statements regarding my discovery of the word "Alah" as alternatively spelled from the usual Christian spelling "Elah." My plea to the Christians was this that spell the word as you like, with an "A" or an "E", with a single "L" or double "LL's", but for goodness sake pronounce the word correctly, as we Muslims do. Because even with its proper Anglicised spelling -
A L L A H: "IT IS SO FAR FROM ITS ARABIC ORIGINAL, WHEN PRONOUNCED WITH A THIN ENGLISH CONSONANT AND FEEBLE VOWELS, THAT MANY AN ARAB MUSLIM WOULD FIND IT UNRECOGNIZABLE." Says Rev. Kenneth Cragg, the Anglican Bishop of Jerusalem in his book, "The Call of the Minaret," page 36.

As much as the Englishman has the right to dictate to us as to how his language is to be sounded, surely we Muslims have as much right to demand a common courtesy when taking the name of God. We do not wish the word Allah to go into limbo like the "Yahuwa" of the ]ews. More than 6000 times the formula "YAHUWA ELAH," or ya"HUWA ALAH," or "HUWALLAH," (He is Allah!) occur in the Hebrew manuscripts of the Jewish Bible, commonly called the "Old Testament," by the Christians. If this fact is openly acknowledged by the learned men of Christianity and broadcasted as Rev. Scofield had done then the day for Muslims and Christians to worship God together would not be far distant. But the Devil will not have it. Vested interests are involved. Instead of pronouncing the word ALAH correctly, they would rather have the whole word omitted.

QUICK ABROGATION

"Now You See It" - "Now You Don't" is an old, old gimmick in the West. Compare the above and see how cleverly, how deftly the new band of missionaries expunged the word "Alah" from the "Authorised King James Version" of the Scofield translation of the Bible1. . . .

1. For further examples of the Christian gymnastics in the Bible, see Chapter 4 in my book - "Is the Bible God's Word?".

UNIQUE NAME FOR UNIQUE GOD

. . . "Further, in English, if some gentleman was to look after somebody's child as a guardian, we would say that he is a "godfather" to the child, and the woman - a "god- mother" to the child. And if one tried to be a bit too funny, a bit too clever, one would say -'What do you think of yourself, are you a tin god!' We spell god with a capital "G" (God), and we spell god with a small "g" (god), which creates in your minds grades and grades of divinities." . . .

. . . You have a variety of choices in the list above. Take your pick like that old woman who lit one candle to St. Michael and another to the Devil. So that whether she went to Heaven or to Hell she would have a friend.

Jupiter the god of Heaven
Pluto the god of Hell
Mars the god of War
Neptune the god of the Sea and
Zeus the god-father of them all

with his many wives and many children. His Hercules, his Appolo, his Horus, his Isis and Osiris.
Ahmed Deedat's? Hmm? May his soul rest in peace
You guys always rely and fall back on other people's long articles to shore yourselves up
I guess you all do this as ploy or last resort more likely to tire out and obfuscate people than enlighten them

Well, if you did read my previous posts, you would note, I too had earlier & always stated that God is Allah in Arabic, and Allah is God in English
Also made the distinction between "God" and "god" like done in that article.
What we seems to be locking horns over is that Allah/God said in the Bible that His name is YHWH and it is His name forever
He didnt say "I am YHWH" but did say, importantly, "My name is YHWH"
Re: Who Is The Spirit Of Truth In The Holly Bible. by eshbeewanna: 10:22pm On May 31, 2015
MuttleyLaff:
No I did not ask where Allah calls is name Allah, as I know Allah isnt God's name
I asked for a verse where Allah (i.e. God) said what His name is
but you came back with Allah, which is a title and a bunch of other attributes or adjectives describing Allah/God's attributes

No you gave a verse saying "I am Allah, call me whatever name under the sun etc". The verse at no point say "My name is this or that, or call me by this or that name"
You mistake qualifying with twisting
I had to qualify the question and asked that, just like the Bible verses I showed earlier, where in the Quran, did Allah or God say "My name is so-so or so"

under which stone have you been living?
God has already has told us what His name is. Numerous times He said it.
Do these verses mean anything to you Alfa?

You mean the plagiarism that followed
That article which is riddled with misleading interpretation of what YHWH means
Let's give you a bit of Bible 101
YHWH is Allah's direct addressing, it is God's name. It is a proper noun and not an adjective like Al-Samad and others of the sort are
The Jews feel God's name (i.e. YHWH) is too sacred to mention, utter or write down, so whenever or instead of writing YHWH they say or replace it with Adonai, Adonai means owner and its English equivalent is Lord
Your plagiarised article made is ignorant that that as Allah is God in Arabic, so "Eloi" is God in Aramaic
The Hebrews all dont necessarily speak or understand Aramaic which is why they said "He is calling of Eli" not realising Jesus actually was saying "My God, my God...."

cc Ifeann
SMH, I had to quote you and for posterity sake, let all SEE and READ THIS PLAGIARISM
I though you were a honest poster but have noticed if you arent doing Taqiyya
then you are up with treacheries, passing on other peoples' work as yours
You are that lazy, you couldnt be original and had to palm off other people's write up verbatim as yours
You cant be trusted to be above board. Shame on you

You are just what I call you, the moment you see the truth you look for other excuses. if I post somebody's article is just to make you understand the issue better. Is there anything wrong in that?
I only used his article to educate you oga!Rather than referring you to go and check the site I only brought it to your door step.
May be it is because I used the word let me educate you.
Is that the bone of contention here?
A sincere seeker of truth should be ready to accept the truth irrespective of where the truth comes from.

You have been claiming that yahweh is the name of God.You didn't even know that the word yahweh is just a title or attributes just like we mention Allah's attributes to you in the verses we mentioned to you.where Allah clealy mention his name and his attributes but you rather objected to it.when you discovered the verse quoted answered your question.
The yahweh you were beating your chest about is not different either.Yahweh simply means the lord which cannot be regarded as the true name of God but rather an adjective too. You see how I exposed your ignorance.
But the funny thing is that Jesus your master never used the word yahweh for God once in the new testament.what a shame!
Jesus that you claimed that is God didn't even know that he is yahweh let alone mentioning it to the disciples.
Instead he mentioned Eloi Eloi lamasabaktani(my God,My God why did you forsake me)which is the same thing in arabic Allah,Allah limaa sabbacktanni.
Jesus knew God's name to be Eloi,Elaw,Elohim which in arabic is Allah.
Your ignorance did not inform you that Jesus spoke hebrew which is aramaic just like arabic. They are sister languages they have a lot in common.But the mere fact that your bible was written in greek language and later translated to english has really deprived you of so mAny things
Please show me in the new testament where jesus used the word yahweh for God.If you can't the tag of being a liar,Ignorant and also hypocrite shall forever be on you.
If you like go and forge a bible verse.You will see how am going to bust you seriously.
I have been making you make a fool of yourself since but you didn't know because your bible used the word El shaddai for God before the word yahweh.But the truth here again is that El shaddai too is a title.  

The Names of God in the Old Testament

El Shaddai (Lord God Almighty)
El Elyon (The Most High God)
Adonai (Lord, Master)
Yahweh (Lord, Jehovah)
Jehovah Nissi (The Lord My Banner)
Jehovah-Raah (The Lord My Shepherd)
Jehovah Rapha (The Lord That Heals)
Jehovah Shammah (The Lord Is There)
Jehovah Tsidkenu (The Lord Our Righteousness)
Jehovah Mekoddishkem (The Lord Who Sanctifies You)
El Olam (The Everlasting God)
Elohim (God)
Qanna (Jealous)
Jehovah Jireh (The Lord Will Provide)
Jehovah Shalom (The Lord Is Peace)
Jehovah Sabaoth (The Lord of Hosts)

But the word Elohim(God)is Called Allahumma in arabic the( im) and(um)in aramaic language is used for respect.Is either you call him Eloi,Eloh and Allah or Eloim or Allahumma.
If you look at the names above its only Elohim that interpreted to be God while others are mere attributes just like we have been telling you.
We know you and your like mission on this platform is nothing but to tell lies against islam and also to distort the truth.
We will used your bible to refute your pack of lies.I would rather follow what jesus say rather than follow ignorant like you.
You criticise the word Allah all the time but yet you couldn't do away with it in your bible.what a big shame on you!
You christians are so criminal minded to extent that you rob your fellow arab christians their right of expression just because majority of them are muslims.The hatred you have for Islam has made you to bash their God Allah just because you want to impose on them the word yahweh which they understand better than you do.
Mind you jesus didn't speak greek neither did he speak english but he spoke hebrew which is very close to arabic.If you want to understand jesus and bible teaching verywell go make research on the hebrew bible and you will be more enlightened.Below are few example of the similarities in both languages

HEBREW. ARABIC. ENGLISH

Elah. Ilah. god
Ikhud. Ahud. one
Yaum. Yaum. day
Shaloam. Salaam. peace
Yahuwa. Ya Huwa. O he

Let me give you another example to help you.
If someone is black in colour and his name is Jude.But he also calls himself blackky.Now he agrees to be called blackky which is his other name he answers anytime people call him Blackky.Obviously people will know that Blackky can't be his real name but an attribute or characteristic.
However, if you ask the person his name officially he will not tell you Blackky but rather he will tell you Jude, is real name. But that does not mean if you call him Blackky he won't answer you.

Now Allah says:

Say or Call him Allah or Rahman(The Merciful) to him belong the most beautiful names.
In the verse above Allah let us know that his real name is Allah because he mention first Allah which he refers himself to be in several places in the quran.And next he mentioned his attribute ar-rahman(the merciful) just like I explain to you in the example I gave you above.

In another place he said again

Say he is Allah,the one and only.
Allah,the eternal.
He begeth not,nor is he begothen....

We can see above again he his stressing his real name Allah before mentioning his attributes.
In fact he calls himself Allah several times in the Quran to proove that,that is his real name.

But the truth is talking to you is like talking to somebody that is blind,deaf and dumb.It will not profit him.
Re: Who Is The Spirit Of Truth In The Holly Bible. by MuttleyLaff: 10:37pm On May 31, 2015
eshbeewanna:
You are just what I call you, the moment you see the truth you look for other excuses. if I post somebody's article is just to make you understand the issue better. Is there anything wrong in that?
I only used his article to educate you oga!Rather than referring you to go and check the site I only brought it to your door step.
May be it is because I used the word let me educate you.
Is that the bone of contention here?
A sincere seeker of truth should be ready to accept the truth irrespective of where the truth comes from.

You have been claiming that yahweh is the name of God.You didn't even know that the word yahweh is just a title or attributes just like we mention Allah's attributes to you in the verses we mentioned to you.where Allah clealy mention his name and his attributes but you rather objected to it.when you discovered the verse quoted answered your question.
The yahweh you were beating your chest about is not different either.Yahweh simply means the lord which cannot be regarded as the true name of God but rather an adjective too. You see how I exposed your ignorance.
But the funny thing is that Jesus your master never used the word yahweh for God once in the new testament.what a shame!
Jesus that you claimed that is God didn't even know that he is yahweh let alone mentioning it to the disciples.
Instead he mentioned Eloi Eloi lamasabaktani(my God,My God why did you forsake me)which is the same thing in arabic Allah,Allah limaa sabbacktanni.
Jesus knew God's name to be Eloi,Elaw,Elohim which in arabic is Allah.
Your ignorance did not inform you that Jesus spoke hebrew which is aramaic just like arabic. They are sister languages they have a lot in common.But the mere fact that your bible was written in greek language and later translated to english has really deprived you of so mAny things
Please show me in the new testament where jesus used the word yahweh for God.If you can't the tag of being a liar,Ignorant and also hypocrite shall forever be on you.
If you like go and forge a bible verse.You will see how am going to bust you seriously.
I have been making you make a fool of yourself since but you didn't know because your bible used the word El shaddai for God too which appear in genesis and you never mentioned it because it appear before the word yahweh.But the truth here again is that El shaddai too is a title.  

The Names of God in the Old Testament

El Shaddai (Lord God Almighty)
El Elyon (The Most High God)
Adonai (Lord, Master)
Yahweh (Lord, Jehovah)
Jehovah Nissi (The Lord My Banner)
Jehovah-Raah (The Lord My Shepherd)
Jehovah Rapha (The Lord That Heals)
Jehovah Shammah (The Lord Is There)
Jehovah Tsidkenu (The Lord Our Righteousness)
Jehovah Mekoddishkem (The Lord Who Sanctifies You)
El Olam (The Everlasting God)
Elohim (God)
Qanna (Jealous)
Jehovah Jireh (The Lord Will Provide)
Jehovah Shalom (The Lord Is Peace)
Jehovah Sabaoth (The Lord of Hosts)

But the word Elohim(God)is Called Allahumma in arabic the( im) and(um)in aramaic language is used for respect.Is either you call him Eloi,Eloh and Allah or Eloim or Allahumma.
If you look at the names above its only Elohim that interpreted to be God while others are mere attributes just like we have been telling you.
We know you and your like mission on this platform is nothing but to tell lies against islam and also to distort the truth.
We will used your bible to refute your pack of lies.I would rather follow what jesus say rather than follow ignorant like you.
You criticise the word Allah all the time but yet you couldn't do away with it in your bible.what a big shame on you!
You christians are so criminal minded to extent that you rob your fellow arab christians their right of expression just because majority of them are muslims.The hatred you have for Islam has made you to bash their God Allah just because you want to impose on them the word yahweh which they understand better than you do.
Mind you jesus didn't speak greek neither did he speak english but he spoke hebrew which is very close to arabic.If you want to understand jesus and bible teaching verywell go make research on the hebrew bible and you will be more enlightened.Below are few example of the similarities in both languages

HEBREW. ARABIC. ENGLISH

Elah. Ilah. god
Ikhud. Ahud. one
Yaum. Yaum. day
Shaloam. Salaam. peace
Yahuwa. Ya Huwa. O he

Let me give you another example to help you.
If someone is black in colour and his name is Jude.But he also calls himself blackky.Now he agrees to be called blackky which is his other name he answers anytime people call him Blackky.Obviously people will know that Blackky can't be his real name but an attribute or characteristic.
However, if you ask the person his name officially he will not tell you Blackky but rather he will tell you Jude, is real name. But that does not mean if you call him Blackky he won't answer you.

Now Allah says:

Say or Call him Allah or Rahman(The Merciful) to him belong the most beautiful names.
In the verse above Allah let us know that his real name is Allah because he mention first Allah which he refers himself to be in several places in the quran.And next he mentioned his attribute ar-rahman(the merciful) just like I explain to you in the example I gave you above.

In another place he said again

Say he is Allah,the one and only.
Allah,the eternal.
He begeth not,nor is he begothen....

We can see above again he his stressing his real name Allah before mentioning his attributes.
In fact he calls himself Allah several times in the Quran to proove that,that is his real name.

But the truth is talking to you is like talking to somebody that is blind,deaf and dumb.It will not profit him.

Now with the above, you have just confirmed beyond reasonable doubt that you are a shameless incorrigible so and so
How can you lift an entire article word for word and not give credit to the owner or paste the source

Dont know what else to do if after giving you some proper "education", a bit of Bible 101 of the below, you cant swallow your pride, suck it up and stop whining.

YHWH is Allah's direct addressing (i.e. Allah/God's name). YHWH is God's name.
It is a proper noun and not an adjective like Al-Samad and others of the sort are

Your plagiarised article is ignorant that, as Allah is God in Arabic, so "Eloi" is God in Aramaic.

The Hebrews, all dont necessarily speak or understand Aramaic which is why they said "He is calling of Eli" thinking He was calling on Elijah
not realising Jesus actually was saying "My God, my God...."

Part of my response to Sweetnecta touches on parts in your last post
Catch up with it here https://www.nairaland.com/2062613/spirit-truth-holly-bible/2#34293991
and then wallow in ignorance my friend, as I have now un-followed this thread

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

What Does It Mean That Our Sins Are Washed Away? / Do Atheists Have Hope? What Is Their Purpose In Life? What Keeps Atheists Alive? / Christ Is Coming Soon!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 439
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.