Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,317 members, 7,815,599 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:05 PM

Who Is The Spirit Of Truth In The Holly Bible. - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Who Is The Spirit Of Truth In The Holly Bible. (6338 Views)

Woman Delivered From The 'spirit Of Madness' At Lagos Church (Photos) / God Delivered My Sister From The Spirit Of Insanity: My Testimony / Are You Possessed By The Spirit Of The Dog? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Is The Spirit Of Truth In The Holly Bible. by eshbeewanna: 11:53pm On May 31, 2015
MuttleyLaff:
Now with the above, you have just confirm beyond reasonable doubt that you are a shameless incorrigible so and so
How can you lift an entire article word for word and not give credit to the owner or paste the source

Dont know what else to do if after giving you some proper "education", a bit of Bible 101 of the below, you cant swallow your pride, suck it up and stop whining.

YHWH is Allah's direct addressing (i.e. Allah/God's name). YHWH is God's name.
It is a proper noun and not an adjective like Al-Samad and others of the sort are

The Jews feel God's name (i.e. YHWH) is too sacred to mention, utter or write down, so whenever or instead of writing YHWH they say or replace it with Adonai, Adonai means owner and its English equivalent is Lord

Your plagiarised article is ignorant that, as Allah is God in Arabic, so "Eloi" is God in Aramaic.

The Hebrews, all dont necessarily speak or understand Aramaic which is why they said "He is calling of Eli" thinking He was calling on Elijah
not realising Jesus actually was saying "My God, my God...."

Part of my response to Sweetnecta touches on parts in your last post
Catch up with it here https://www.nairaland.com/2062613/spirit-truth-holly-bible/2#34293991
and then wallow in ignorance my friend, as I have now un-followed this thread

We can see that you want to runnaway I asked you a simple question you have not answered It up till now. Why can't you answer my question liar?
I ask you again since jesus is called God by you christians why did he not mention the word yahweh in the new testament?Did he forget or he didn't know God is yahweh ?
Please show me where in the New testament he mentioned yahweh?
If you can't the tag of liar,Ignorant and hypocrite of the highest order will forever remain on you and your likes.Coward!
I have put him on the run.
Re: Who Is The Spirit Of Truth In The Holly Bible. by eshbeewanna: 12:09am On Jun 01, 2015
Sweetnecta:
I DONT THINK OF YOU IFEANN MORE THAN WHAT YOU REALLY ARE WHICH IS THE REASON I AM LETTING YOU KNOW THAT YOU ARE JUST 1 AMONG THE LARGE CROWD.

@myttleylaff; BUHARI IS A NAME. ALLAH IS A NAME. BUHARI SAYS I AM BUHARI. ALLAH SAYS I AM ALLAH.
PRESIDENT IS A TITLE; THE PRESIDENT OF THE COUNTRY CALLED NIGERIA. CREATOR IS A TITLE; THE CREATOR OF ALL.

AND AS TO GOD/god, MY GOD MAY BE god TO YOU BECAUSE I WORSHIP HIM, BUT YOU DONT.
ALLAH IS THE NAME OF MY GOD. GOD/god IN ARABIC IS ILLAH WHILE THE GOD IS REAL, THE god IS NOT REAL;
THE GOD IS ALLAH, THE god IS AL UZZA, AL MANAH, ETC, EACH OF THE god BEING IDOL AND NOW DESTROYED.
ALLAH WAS NEVER REPRESENTED ON EARTH BY ANYTHING PHYSICAL DURING THE TIME THE ARABS ADOPTED PAGANISM.

BELOW IS DEFINITION OF GOD/god; www.thefreedictionary.com/god

god
Also found in: Medical, Legal, Acronyms, Idioms, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
god (gŏd)
n.
1. God
a. A being conceived as the perfect, omnipotent, omniscient originator and ruler of the universe, the principal object of faith and worship in monotheistic religions.
b. The force, effect, or a manifestation or aspect of this being.
2. A being of supernatural powers or attributes, believed in and worshiped by a people, especially a male deity thought to control some part of nature or reality.
3. An image of a supernatural being; an idol.
4. One that is worshiped, idealized, or followed: Money was their god.

ENGLISH IS NOT THE STANDARD LANGUAGE OF SPIRITUAL GUIDANCE, AT LEAST NOT IN ISLAM. IF ARABS AND MUSLIMS SAY ALLAH IS A PROPER NAME FOR A BEING THAT THE ENGLISH WILL SAY IS GOD THE CREATOR, NOT THE GODS THAT HAVE EXISTED WHILE NONE OF THEM IS THE BEING THAT IS TRULY GOD, HOW DO YOU ARGUE AGAINST THAT WHEN YOU HAVE NO IDEA OF THE DEPTH OF THE TRUTH OF THE STATEMENT? DOESNT ELOI, ELAH OF SCOFFIELD BIBLE SOUND LIKE ALLAH AND NOT LIKE YAHWEH, JEHOVAH OR GOD?

www.islambasics.com/view.php?bkID=28&chapter=4

ALLAH IN THE BIBLE

The above exercise proves that El, Elah and Elohim are not three distinctly different words. They all represent the single Arabic word Allah. This is not my wishful thinking. Please see below. It is a photostatic reproduction of a page from the English Bible, edited by Rev. C. I. Scofield,D.D., with his Bible Commentary· This Doctor of Divinity is well respected among the Bible Scholars of the Christian world. He is backed in his "NEW AND IMPROVED EDITION" of this translation by a galaxy of eight other D.D.'s:

Rev. Henry G. Weston, D.D., LL.D., President Crozer Theological jeminary.
Rev. W. G. Moorehead, D.D., President Xenia (U.I,) Theological Seminary.
Rev. lames M. Gray, D.D., President Moody Bible Institute.
Rev. Elmore Harris, D.D., President Toronto Bible Institute.
Rev. William !. Erdman, D.D., Author "The Gospel of John," etc.
Rev. Arthur T. Pierson, D.D., Author, Editor, Teacher, etc.
Rev. William L. Pettingill, D.D., Author, Editor, Teacher.
Arno C. Gaebelein, Author "Harmoney of Prophetic Word," etc.

I have not listed the above luminaries to awe you. They have been unanimous in supporting Rev. Scofield in his "New and Improved" commentary.

Please note that in their comment No. 1 below left, they concur that - "Elohim, (sometimes El or Elah meaning God)" and alternatively spelled "Alah" (line three, third word). All the eight D.D.'s above could not have been blind in dittoing the spelling "Alah" for God. How far were they from the Arabic word spelled - ALLAH - in English, I ask you dear reader? This is Allah's handiwork, but the Devil (I must give him a capital "grin," he deserves it) was not slow in making a quick come-back through his agents. He succeeded in firing all the D.D.'s responsible for that debacle, and had them replaced by nine others with more impressive degrees than the previous lot. You will find them in the recent reproduction of "The New Scofield Reference Bible." You will not be able to lay your hands anymore on the Bible with "Alah" in it. The Devil has seen to that.
genesis1.jpg genesis2.jpg (88228 bytes)

MY ONLY PLEA

I had made some public statements regarding my discovery of the word "Alah" as alternatively spelled from the usual Christian spelling "Elah." My plea to the Christians was this that spell the word as you like, with an "A" or an "E", with a single "L" or double "LL's", but for goodness sake pronounce the word correctly, as we Muslims do. Because even with its proper Anglicised spelling -
A L L A H: "IT IS SO FAR FROM ITS ARABIC ORIGINAL, WHEN PRONOUNCED WITH A THIN ENGLISH CONSONANT AND FEEBLE VOWELS, THAT MANY AN ARAB MUSLIM WOULD FIND IT UNRECOGNIZABLE." Says Rev. Kenneth Cragg, the Anglican Bishop of Jerusalem in his book, "The Call of the Minaret," page 36.

As much as the Englishman has the right to dictate to us as to how his language is to be sounded, surely we Muslims have as much right to demand a common courtesy when taking the name of God. We do not wish the word Allah to go into limbo like the "Yahuwa" of the ]ews. More than 6000 times the formula "YAHUWA ELAH," or ya"HUWA ALAH," or "HUWALLAH," (He is Allah!) occur in the Hebrew manuscripts of the Jewish Bible, commonly called the "Old Testament," by the Christians. If this fact is openly acknowledged by the learned men of Christianity and broadcasted as Rev. Scofield had done then the day for Muslims and Christians to worship God together would not be far distant. But the Devil will not have it. Vested interests are involved. Instead of pronouncing the word ALAH correctly, they would rather have the whole word omitted.

QUICK ABROGATION

"Now You See It" - "Now You Don't" is an old, old gimmick in the West. Compare the above and see how cleverly, how deftly the new band of missionaries expunged the word "Alah" from the "Authorised King James Version" of the Scofield translation of the Bible1. . . .

1. For further examples of the Christian gymnastics in the Bible, see Chapter 4 in my book - "Is the Bible God's Word?".

UNIQUE NAME FOR UNIQUE GOD

. . . "Further, in English, if some gentleman was to look after somebody's child as a guardian, we would say that he is a "godfather" to the child, and the woman - a "god- mother" to the child. And if one tried to be a bit too funny, a bit too clever, one would say -'What do you think of yourself, are you a tin god!' We spell god with a capital "G" (God), and we spell god with a small "g" (god), which creates in your minds grades and grades of divinities." . . .

. . . You have a variety of choices in the list above. Take your pick like that old woman who lit one candle to St. Michael and another to the Devil. So that whether she went to Heaven or to Hell she would have a friend.

Jupiter the god of Heaven
Pluto the god of Hell
Mars the god of War
Neptune the god of the Sea and
Zeus the god-father of them all

with his many wives and many children. His Hercules, his Appolo, his Horus, his Isis and Osiris.

Salaam! My brother you can see that the ignoramus can't defend himself anymore because he noticed he is drowned already.
See what I asked above that made him flee.
What a pity!
Re: Who Is The Spirit Of Truth In The Holly Bible. by Ovacoma: 3:06am On Jun 01, 2015
But, muhamad is not the Spirit of Truth!
Re: Who Is The Spirit Of Truth In The Holly Bible. by Scholar8200(m): 8:01am On Jun 01, 2015
Sweetnecta:
^ is there a baptism at all by Jesus or by holy ghost? tell me who either baptized and how can you prove it.
Jesus expressedly stated that the disciples will be baptised with the Holy Ghost and that it was an event that will happen first at Jerusalem where they were to gather (subsequently anywhere where believers are)
Luke 24:49 (AMP)
49 And behold, I will send forth upon you what My Father has promised; but remain in the city [Jerusalem] until you are clothed with power from on high

This power was to be as a result of the coming of the Holy Spirit
Acts 1:8
8 But you shall receive power (ability, efficiency, and might) when the Holy Spirit has come upon you, and you shall be My witnesses in Jerusalem and all Judea and Samaria and to the ends (the very bounds) of the earth.

Jesus spoke all the above; John the baptist had earlier said of Jesus

Matthew 3:11
11 I indeed baptize you [c]in (with) water [d]because of repentance [that is, because of your [e]changing your minds for the better, heartily amending your ways, with abhorrence of your past sins]. But He Who is coming after me is mightier than I, Whose sandals I am not worthy or fit to take off or carry; He will baptize you with the Holy Spirit and with fire.

Ustadh,I believe this is clear enough.
Re: Who Is The Spirit Of Truth In The Holly Bible. by davidedmorn: 8:07am On Jun 01, 2015
Trusting in Christ eternally unites us with him and other believers. Our new relationship with Christ gives us his presence and purpose in life.
end time prophecy
Re: Who Is The Spirit Of Truth In The Holly Bible. by Sweetnecta: 11:26am On Jun 01, 2015
@scholar8200; I APPRECIATE YOUR EXPLANATION ABOVE AND WITHOUT BEING SUBJECTIVE AND I AM BEING OBJECTIVE IN THIS. BUT YOUR EXPLANATION DOES NOT CUT THE MUSTER. JOHN SAID WHEN HE WA BAPTIZING WITH WATER AND JESUS COMING TO HIM SO THAT HE CAN BE SO BAPTIZED WITH WATER BY JOHN TO SERVE THE PURPOE OF WHAT IT SERVES, THAT IS REMISSION OF SINS, JOHN SAID JESU WILL BAPTIZED WITH HOLY SPIRIT,. ETC.

JOHN DIDNT SAY JESUS WILL NOT BUT THROUGH HIM OTHERS WILL. I WILL SAY WHAT JOHN SAID ABOUT JESUS OF BAPTISM WITH HOLY SPIRIT DID NOT GET FULFILLED BECAUSE JESUS HIMSELF DIDNT BAPTIZE ANYONE INCLUDING HIS DISCIPLES WITH HOLY SPIRIT. THIS IS AN ACTION THAT JESUS SHOULD HAVE DONE WHILE ON EARTH WITH THEM NOT WHILE SOMEWHERE ELSE, LITERALLY.

HERE IS THE REALITY FROM THE BIBLE. AT THE BAPTIZING OF JESUS BY JOHN, IT IS REPORTED THAT A VOICE WAS HEARD FROM ABOVE AND IT IS ASSUMED THAT THIS IS FROM GOD. IF JESUS WAS TO BAPTIZED FROM ABOVE WITH THE HOLY SPIRIT THEN A VOICE SHOULD BE HEARD AT THE EVENT. BUT NO VOICE WAS HEARD AND THIS BY ITSELF PROVES THAT BOTH JESUS AND JOHN FAILED ACCORDING TO THE BIBLE NARRATIVE HERE. INCIDENTALLY, THE EVENT WAS SUPPOSED TO BE MADE TO PRECLUDE/ELIMINATE ANY POSSIBILITY OF A HUMAN BEING BEING THE COMFORTER JESUS SAID WILL COME AFTER HIM. BUT THAT VERY COMFORTER IF IT WAS TO BE THE HOLY SPIRIT AT THE PENTECOST SHOULD HAVE SPOKEN UP AND FULFILL ALL THE DUTIES BY INSTRUCTION TO FOLLOW. THE DISCIPLES SHOULD HAVE BEEN ABLE TO RECORD THE WHOLE INSTRUCTION AND BE ABLE TO PASS IT ON TO AT LEAST ALLOW REMNANT OF IT TO REACH THIS GENERATION NOW AS REMNANT OF THE GOSPEL OF JESUS REACHED THIS GENERATION.

INCIDENTALLY, IT IS REPORTED THAT THE HOLY SPIRIT SPOKE TO MANY INCLUDING PETER AT LATER DATE SO NO ONE CAN SAY OH THE HOLY SPIRIT CAN TALK IN AN AUDIBLE VOICE. THE BIBLE WRITERS GOOFED PLENTY. THEY MADE UP STUFFS AS THEY WENT ALONG. AND GOD EXPOSED THEIR DECEPTION WHICH CAN BE EASILY DISCOVERED BY THINKING PEOPLE. THEY SAY SOMETHING THAT MUST BE IN ACTION AT POINT A. BUT WHEN WE GET TO POINT A WHERE YOU EXPECT ACTION, NOTHING. THEN WHEN ACTION HAPPENED MY A DIFFERENT PERSON AT A DIFFERENT TIME THEY SAY THAT WAS IT FORGETTING THAT IT IS REALLY NOT IT BECAUSE PIECES OF THE PUZZLE DONT FIT.

IF JESUS IN HEAVEN WAS ABLE TO SPEAK TO MR PAUL THE KILLER AND THE LAIR FOR THE GLORY OF GOD, WHY CAN JESUS SPEAK AT THE BAPTISM BY THE HOLY SPIRIT? THE REALITY IS THAT THE HOLY SPIRIT IS A HUMAN AT ANOTHER PLACE IN ANOTHER TIME [MUHAMMAD [SA] IS HIS NAME]. HERE IS MY PROOF; IMAGINE A PHONE CALL FROM YOUR MOTHER THAT YOUR AUNT WILL BE COMING TO SEE YOU SUNDAY AND THERE WILL BE SOME GOODIES COMING ALONG WITH HER FOR YOU. ON SUNDAY YOU RECEIVED A VISIT FROM A WOMAN WHO IS RELATED TO YOUR DAD. THIS PERSON CAME IN WITH NO PACKAGE. INSTEAD ATE SOME OF YOUR FOOD. SINCE YOU ARE WEALTHY AND NOT STARVING, YOU ENJOYED THE COMPANY OF YOUR GUEST ANYHOW AND WAS ABOUT THE VISIT. 3 MONTHS WENT BYE AND WHEN YOU LEAST EXPECTED IT, AS A MATTER OF FACT, YOU ARE ON OFFICIAL ASSIGNMENT AND AWAY FROM YOUR OFFICE FOR ABOUT 3 WEEKS. DURING THIS WEEK, YOUR MOTHER'S YOUNGEST SISTER WHO IS YOUR FAVORITE AUNT CAME FOR A FEW DAYS AND ALONG WITH HER IS A PACKAGE OF GOODS THAT WAYS OVER 150 KGS. SHE SPENT 5 DAYS AT YOUR HOME AND YOUR YOUNGER BROTHER WAS THE ONLY ONE TO SEE HER BECAUSE OF YOUR OFFICIAL ASSIGNMENT IN ANOTHER STATE.

LET ME ASK YOU IF YOU KNOW WHICH OF THE 2 VISITORS WAS THE EXPECTED GUEST MOM SPOKE ABOUT TO YOU ON THE PHONE; THE ONE YOU SAW THAT BROUGHT NOTHING BUT RAIDED YOUR REFRIGERATOR OR THE BLOOD AUNT THAT CAME WHILE YOUR WERE AWAY BUT BROUGHT A LOT OF FOODS SO THAT YOU COULD ENJOY MOMMA'S HOME COOKING IN SPITE OF MOMMA BEING FAR AWAY?

FOR ME, IT IS NOT THE PERSON WHO CAME EMPTY HANDED BUT THE AUNT THAT CAME LATER WITH 150 KGS OF FOODS TO REPLENISH MY DWINDLING PANTRY. THE PERSON THAT CAME EARLIER IS THE WRONG PERSON EXPECTED THE REASON THERE WAS NO FOOD BROUGHT [HE OR SHE COULD HAVE BEEN A 'MO GBO MO YA'] WHILE YOUR MOTHER'S SISTER IS BLOOD [A TRUE AUNT] AND SHE BROUGHT WHAT MOMMA MENTIONED. THE REALITY IS THAT MOMMA DIDNT SAY WHICH SUNDAY, BUT JUST SUNDAY IN THE FUTURE AND HOPEFULLY SOON.

TURNING THE ISSUE AROUND TO GUIDANCE, THE JEWS WERE REPRESENTED IN THE TIME OF MUHAMMAD [SA] BY THE MANY JEWISH TRIBES THAT LIVED IN OLD YATRIB CITY THAT BECAME MADINAH. SO THE JEWS HEARD MUHAMMAD [SA] AND MANY LIKE IN THE LIFE OF EVERY PROPHET [AS] BELIEVED HIM AND SOME REMAINED DISBELIEVERS. AND IF YOU ASK ME, BAPTISM OR BEING BORN AGAIN IS TO SYMBOLICALLY MAKE A CONSCIOUS DECISION AT A POINT AND TIME IN YOUR LIFE TO TURN A GOOD SPIRITUAL LEAF, SHUNNING ALL KINDS OF ACTIONS OF EVIL, REBELLION AND DISBELIEF AND TURNING TO BELIEF AND KEEP UP THE STRUGGLE IN THAT STATE, SEEKING REPENTANCE WHEN YOU ERR. ISLAM DOES THAT WITHOUT FORCING YOU TO DO ANYTHING BUT CLEANSE YOUR HEART AND BODY. WHEN A PERSON DECIDES TO ACCEPT ISLAM, HIS HEART HAS A MAKEOVER, A CLEANSING, A BATH, A CLEANING IF YOU WILL. HIS BODY GETS CLEANED BY SHOWERING, A BATH AND MUSLIMS DO THIS [TAHARAH] IN THE WUDUH THAT MUST BE VALID IN ORDER TO MAKE SALAH. EVEN READING QURAN; SURAH WAQIAH SAY YOU ARE TO BE IN STATE OF PURITY. DEFINITELY THE HEART HAS TO BE PURE BEFORE GUIDANCE ENTERS IT.

AND AT LEAST EVERY FRIDAY MUSLIM IS ENCOURAGED TO CLEAN HIMSELF BY BATHING, SHOWERING FOR JUMU'AH PRAYER. AND AFTER SEXUAL INTERCOURSE, THE RITUAL BATH/SHOWER IS A MUST.

I AM SURE THAT SOME WILL ARGUE BUT JESUS IS TO SEND OR THE ENTITY WILL BE SENT IN JESUS NAME. THE REALITY IS THAT THE ONE THAT SENT JESUS AS JESUS DIDNT SEND HIMSELF NOR IS HE THE ABSOLUTE GOD, IT IS THAT ABSOLUTE GOD WHO SENT JESUS THAT WHOEVER THE ABSOLUTE GOD SENT AFTER JESUS IS THE TRUE ONE SENT AND SPOKEN ABOUT BY JESUS. MUHAMMAD [SA] PASS THIS TEST BOTH WHILE IN MAKKA BECAUSE THE FIRST MALE CONVERT [WARAQAH IBN AUF [RA]] STUDIED THE PREVIOUS SCRIPTURE. AND WHEN HE HEARD ABOUT WHAT THE HOLY PROPHET [SA] HAD ENCOUNTER HE SAID IT IS ANGEL GABRIEL THAT WAS SENT TO MOSES [AS] AND IF I WERE YOUNG WHEN YOUR PEOPLE WILL BE AFTER YOU AND WILL THROW YOU OUT, I WILL BE THERE WITH YOU. WE SAY WARAQAH [RA] REVERTED TO ISLAM BY THIS AFFIRMATION AND IT WAS NOT LONG AFTER THAT HE DIED IN THIS STATE OF BELIEF.

I AM PAUSING FOR A MOMENT TO REFLECT ABOUT THIS WAS ANGEL GABRIEL THAT WAS SENT TO MOSES [AS]. DID MOSES EXPERIENCE THE SAME TERRIFYING EXPERIENCES TO THAT OF THE FIRST ENCOUNTER OF THE NOBLE PROPHET [SA]? THE BIBLE IS QUITE ABOUT MANY THINGS. THIS IS ONE OF THEM. I AM WONDERING IF A SIMPLE MAN SUDDENLY SAY A MAN APPEARED IN FRONT OF HIM AS IF HE JUST CAME OUT OF A WALL OR SOMETHING, WHAT WILL BE HIS REACTION, EXCEPT FRIGHT? DEFINITELY MOSES MUST HAVE BEEN FRIGHTENED WHEN GOD SPOKE TO HIM THROUGH THE FLAME OF THE BURNING BUSH BECAUSE THE BUSH VEGETATION WAS NOT BURN, WHICH BY ITSELF A MIRACLE.

EVEN JACOB [AS] WAS HURT AND LIMPED UNTIL HIS DEAD BY WHAT THE ANGEL DID TO HIM. THAT ANGEL MUST BE GABRIEL AS WELL. SO IN REALITY, SCHOLAR8200, MUHAMMAD [SA] IS WHO YOU SHOULD FOLLOW BY THE QURAN AND HE IS HERE IN MY LIFE TODAY SECURED IN MY HEART BY HIS SUNNAH, SIRAH.

PHYSICAL DEAD DOES NOT END THE LIFE OF A GOOD SOUL OR HIS MENTION. MUHAMMAD [SA] IS BELOVED TO EACH MUSLIM MORE THAN HIS MOTHER, HIMSELF, ETC. MUHAMMAD [SA] HAS FOR ME WHAT BRINGS ME LIFE. THIS MORNING I WAS THINKING ABOUT HIS CONDITION IN THE BATTLE OF UHUD WHEN THE PAGAN MAKKANS HURT HIM. HE WAS SAYING HOW COULD PEOPLE TREAT THEIR PROPHET [AS] THIS WAY AND BE SUCCESSFUL? ALLAH THE ALMIGHTY STOPPED HIM FROM CONTINUING TO COMPLAIN AS HE WAS ABOUT THE PAGANS. ALHAMDULILLAH, TODAY IN MAKKAH THERE IS NO OPEN PAGAN, UNLIKE MY BELOVED CITY OF NEW YORK WHERE YOU HAVE ALL KINDS; FROM SATAN WORSHIPER, TO PHARAOH WORHIPER, ETC. REVERENT MOON IS EVEN A GOD. TALK ABOUT A MEGA FALL.
Re: Who Is The Spirit Of Truth In The Holly Bible. by Scholar8200(m): 12:01pm On Jun 01, 2015
Sweetnecta:
@scholar8200; I APPRECIATE YOUR EXPLANATION ABOVE AND WITHOUT BEING SUBJECTIVE AND I AM BEING OBJECTIVE IN THIS. BUT YOUR EXPLANATION DOES NOT CUT THE MUSTER. JOHN SAID WHEN HE WA BAPTIZING WITH WATER AND JESUS COMING TO HIM SO THAT HE CAN BE SO BAPTIZED WITH WATER BY JOHN TO SERVE THE PURPOE OF WHAT IT SERVES, THAT IS REMISSION OF SINS, JOHN SAID JESU WILL BAPTIZED WITH HOLY SPIRIT,. ETC.

JOHN DIDNT SAY JESUS WILL NOT BUT THROUGH HIM OTHERS WILL. I WILL SAY WHAT JOHN SAID ABOUT JESUS OF BAPTISM WITH HOLY SPIRIT DID NOT GET FULFILLED BECAUSE JESUS HIMSELF DIDNT BAPTIZE ANYONE INCLUDING HIS DISCIPLES WITH HOLY SPIRIT. THIS IS AN ACTION THAT JESUS SHOULD HAVE DONE WHILE ON EARTH WITH THEM NOT WHILE SOMEWHERE ELSE, LITERALLY.
Would you substantiate this from the Bible?

HERE IS THE REALITY FROM THE BIBLE. AT THE BAPTIZING OF JESUS BY JOHN, IT IS REPORTED THAT A VOICE WAS HEARD FROM ABOVE AND IT IS ASSUMED THAT THIS IS FROM GOD. IF JESUS WAS TO BAPTIZED FROM ABOVE WITH THE HOLY SPIRIT THEN A VOICE SHOULD BE HEARD AT THE EVENT. BUT NO VOICE WAS HEARD AND THIS BY ITSELF PROVES THAT BOTH JESUS AND JOHN FAILED ACCORDING TO THE BIBLE
Also prove this with scripture. Most of these are your opinions and they contradict that which is written!

INCIDENTALLY, IT IS REPORTED THAT THE HOLY SPIRIT SPOKE TO MANY INCLUDING PETER AT LATER DATE SO NO ONE CAN SAY OH THE HOLY SPIRIT CAN TALK IN AN AUDIBLE VOICE. THE BIBLE WRITERS GOOFED PLENTY. THEY MADE UP STUFFS AS THEY WENT ALONG. AND GOD EXPOSED THEIR DECEPTION WHICH CAN BE EASILY DISCOVERED BY THINKING PEOPLE. THEY SAY SOMETHING THAT MUST BE IN ACTION AT POINT A. BUT WHEN WE GET TO POINT A WHERE YOU EXPECT ACTION, NOTHING. THEN WHEN ACTION HAPPENED MY A DIFFERENT PERSON AT A DIFFERENT TIME THEY SAY THAT WAS IT FORGETTING THAT IT IS REALLY NOT IT BECAUSE PIECES OF THE PUZZLE DONT FIT.
Very strange! Where do you stand?

IF JESUS IN HEAVEN WAS ABLE TO SPEAK TO MR PAUL THE KILLER AND THE LAIR FOR THE GLORY OF GOD, WHY CAN JESUS SPEAK AT THE BAPTISM BY THE HOLY SPIRIT? THE REALITY IS THAT THE HOLY SPIRIT IS A HUMAN AT ANOTHER PLACE IN ANOTHER TIME [MUHAMMAD [SA] IS HIS NAME]. HERE IS MY PROOF; IMAGINE A PHONE CALL FROM YOUR MOTHER THAT YOUR AUNT WILL BE COMING TO SEE YOU SUNDAY AND THERE WILL BE SOME GOODIES COMING ALONG WITH HER FOR YOU. ON SUNDAY YOU RECEIVED A VISIT FROM A WOMAN WHO IS RELATED TO YOUR DAD. THIS PERSON CAME IN WITH NO PACKAGE. INSTEAD ATE SOME OF YOUR FOOD. SINCE YOU ARE WEALTHY AND NOT STARVING, YOU ENJOYED THE COMPANY OF YOUR GUEST ANYHOW AND WAS ABOUT THE VISIT. 3 MONTHS WENT BYE AND WHEN YOU LEAST EXPECTED IT, AS A MATTER OF FACT, YOU ARE ON OFFICIAL ASSIGNMENT AND AWAY FROM YOUR OFFICE FOR ABOUT 3 WEEKS. DURING THIS WEEK, YOUR MOTHER'S YOUNGEST SISTER WHO IS YOUR FAVORITE AUNT CAME FOR A FEW DAYS AND ALONG WITH HER IS A PACKAGE OF GOODS THAT WAYS OVER 150 KGS. SHE SPENT 5 DAYS AT YOUR HOME AND YOUR YOUNGER BROTHER WAS THE ONLY ONE TO SEE HER BECAUSE OF YOUR OFFICIAL ASSIGNMENT IN ANOTHER STATE.
This is no proof ! Explain Luke 12:12 in the light of your 'proof'. (I have given mine below)
Luke 12:11-12(JESUS CHRIST Speaking)
11 And when they bring you unto the synagogues, and unto magistrates, and powers, take ye no thought how or what thing ye shall answer, or what ye shall say:

12 For the Holy Ghost shall teach you in the same hour what ye ought to say.

Fulfilled (one of the instances) Acts 4:6-9
6 Including Annas the high priest and Caiaphas and John and Alexander and all others who belonged to the high priestly relationship.
7 And they set the men in their midst and repeatedly demanded, By what sort of power or by what kind of authority did [such people as] you do this [healing]?
8 Then Peter, [because he was] filled with [and controlled by] the Holy Spirit, said to them, Rulers of the people and members of the council (the Sanhedrin),
9 If we are being put on trial [here] today and examined concerning a good deed done to benefit a feeble (helpless) cripple, by what means this man has been restored to health,
(AMP)

TURNING THE ISSUE AROUND TO GUIDANCE, THE JEWS WERE REPRESENTED IN THE TIME OF MUHAMMAD [SA] BY THE MANY JEWISH TRIBES THAT LIVED IN OLD YATRIB CITY THAT BECAME MADINAH. SO THE JEWS HEARD MUHAMMAD [SA] AND MANY LIKE IN THE LIFE OF EVERY PROPHET [AS] BELIEVED HIM AND SOME REMAINED DISBELIEVERS. AND IF YOU ASK ME, BAPTISM OR BEING BORN AGAIN IS TO SYMBOLICALLY MAKE A CONSCIOUS DECISION AT A POINT AND TIME IN YOUR LIFE TO TURN A GOOD SPIRITUAL LEAF, SHUNNING ALL KINDS OF ACTIONS OF EVIL, REBELLION AND DISBELIEF AND TURNING TO BELIEF AND KEEP UP THE STRUGGLE IN THAT STATE, SEEKING REPENTANCE WHEN YOU ERR
Now ustadh, JESUS( who first used that word 'born-again' gives us HIS definition and I believe that to be infinitely credible)
John 3:5
Jesus answered, I assure you, most solemnly I tell you, unless a man is born of ... the Spirit, he cannot [ever] enter the kingdom of God.

There He is mentioned again - The Spirit and one of His multifarious roles in the New Covenant!

I AM PAUSING FOR A MOMENT TO REFLECT ABOUT THIS WAS ANGEL GABRIEL THAT WAS SENT TO MOSES [AS]. DID MOSES EXPERIENCE THE SAME TERRIFYING EXPERIENCES TO THAT OF THE FIRST ENCOUNTER OF THE NOBLE PROPHET [SA]? THE BIBLE IS QUITE ABOUT MANY THINGS. THIS IS ONE OF THEM. I AM WONDERING IF A SIMPLE MAN SUDDENLY SAY A MAN APPEARED IN FRONT OF HIM AS IF HE JUST CAME OUT OF A WALL OR SOMETHING, WHAT WILL BE HIS REACTION, EXCEPT FRIGHT? DEFINITELY MOSES MUST HAVE BEEN FRIGHTENED WHEN GOD SPOKE TO HIM THROUGH THE FLAME OF THE BURNING BUSH BECAUSE THE BUSH VEGETATION WAS NOT BURN, WHICH BY ITSELF A MIRACLE.

Ustadh, it wont be right to sound as though you know better than the people who were eye-witnesses to this very things!

John 7:37 - 39
37 Now on the final and most important day of the Feast, Jesus stood, and He cried in a loud voice, If any man is thirsty, let him come to Me and drink!
38 He who believes in Me [who cleaves to and trusts in and relies on Me] as the Scripture has said, From his innermost being shall flow [continuously] springs and rivers of living water.
39 But He was speaking here of the Spirit, Whom those who believed (trusted, had faith) in Him were afterward to receive. For the [Holy] Spirit had not yet been given, because Jesus was not yet glorified (raised to honor).

Jesus Himself said in John 16 that the Holy Spirit (in fulfilling His part in the New Covenant) would be sent by Him after His (Jesus') departure.

John 16:7
7 However, I am telling you nothing but the truth when I say it is profitable (good, expedient, advantageous) for you that I go away. Because if I do not go away, the Comforter (Counselor, Helper, Advocate, Intercessor, Strengthener, Standby) will not come to you [into close fellowship with you]; but if I go away, I will send Him to you [to be in close fellowship with you].(AMP). (In keeping with the promise made in the New Covenant!)

Besides, going by your argument, why would the mention of the Holy Spirit in one part of the Gospels/Bible differ from the meaning in another part of the same Gospel and/or in the whole Bible, within its contextual habitat?
Re: Who Is The Spirit Of Truth In The Holly Bible. by MuttleyLaff: 5:42pm On Jun 03, 2015
Maamin:
You muslims use the word "Allah" to refer to God in islam..you dont have any proper name for Allah,
the word "Allah" is not a name but title
just like God in english, Oluwa in yoruba, Elohim in hebrew, Theo in greek, Elah in aramaic, Chineke in igbo etc.

So I ask for the last time what is the name of your God not title.?

Dont know how I missed that Maamin post, I should have quoted it lot more earlier than now

Also what Sweetnecta might not want to admit is that Arabic is a Semitic language that predates Islam
Allah personally revealed that His name is YHWH, there are also verses where others have called Him by His name (i.e. YHWH) too
Sweetnecta is headstrong about God's name is God (i.e. Allah's name is Allah)
even when there is nowhere in the Bible or Quran where God says "My NAME is God" or "My NAME is Allah"

Sweetnecta DOESNT HAVE, DOESNT KNOW the name of God/Allah except for that title God/Allah.

This "JUST NOTICED" other thread https://www.nairaland.com/2327835/arabic-language-not-religion#33950151"
ABOUT "Arabic is a Language and not a Religion" MADE ME re-visit this thread

1 Like

Re: Who Is The Spirit Of Truth In The Holly Bible. by Maamin(m): 6:02pm On Jun 03, 2015
MuttleyLaff:

Dont know how I missed that Maamin post, I should have quoted it lot more earlier than now

Also what Sweetnecta might not want to admit is that Arabic is a Semitic language that predates Islam
Allah personally revealed that His name is YHWH, there are also verses where others have called by Him by His name (i.e. YHWH) too
Sweetnecta is headstrong about God's name is God (i.e. Allah's name is Allah)
even when there is nowhere in the Bible or Quran where God says "My NAME is God" or "My NAME is Allah"

Sweetnecta DOESNT HAVE, DOESNT KNOW the name of God/Allah except for that title God/Allah.

This JUST NOTICED other thread https://www.nairaland.com/2327835/arabic-language-not-religion#33950151"
ABOUT "Arabic is a Language and not a Religion" MADE ME re-visit this thread

I have asked this particular question time without number, but am yet to get reasonable answer from them. sad
Re: Who Is The Spirit Of Truth In The Holly Bible. by MuttleyLaff: 6:12pm On Jun 03, 2015
Maamin:
I have asked this particular question time without number, but am yet to get reasonable answer from them. sad
I know you have bro, so I too, and quite a few times in different ways, at that
but I did notice that each time he is asked, he goes into defensive mode and waffles

It is very simple, easy to admit and lay the matter to rest by just saying: "I dont know Allah/God's personal name
however what I am aware of is His title,
we use Allah/God as a name albeit Allah/God never said categorically that His name ever was Allah/God"

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

India Has The Highest Conversion Rate To Christianity In The World / Beejay Accepts Promise10's Challenge On Blood Money / How To Pray When You Don't Know what To Pray

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 124
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.