Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,337 members, 7,815,670 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:16 PM

Beauty Of Middlebelt Nigerian Women - Culture (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Beauty Of Middlebelt Nigerian Women (65427 Views)

Handsomeness Of Middlebelt-nigerian Men / Culture Zone of the Middlebelt people / Middlebelt Zone-Nupes,Idomas,Igalas,Ebiras,Tivs,Kabbas,Biroms,Fulani,Katafs etc (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Beauty Of Middlebelt Nigerian Women by Nowenuse: 7:52pm On Dec 28, 2014
tonychristopher:

Bro you make so much valid and salient point and I salute your courage for this . I am sorry that this happened or is happening ..do not blame the Igbo people some how its middle belt that caused all these

They will prefer to speak Hausa than their language

They will prefer yo join araewa

They will prefer to have Muslim and Hausa names than
Their names

Mist will prefer to do Hausa businesses like shoe polishing and others than christian based business

Many fought Biafra with Hausa which is regrettable though

So you see many factors that causes this and it will be nice if igala and idoma people speak out and carve a niche about themselves . I am particular about These two due to our similarity that is all ..if they can stand out and not allow the Hausa language and culture subsume their culture

I respect their right and fight against Fulani land grabbers and I think that notion is changing

Igbo understand the difference not all

I feel its post Biafra hang over ..they felt that why should their brother in muddle belt side with infidels and fight them ..so its natural the Igbo lump everybody up north together . But the idea is changing

We will get there

Your making sense and with this we can form firm cultural partnership

I also agree with some points u made here, but not all.
First of all i will disagree to any extent if u say that a middlebelt man shines shoes. I have never seen that all my life or heard of it. The worse kind of job our people may do is ride okada or gatemen (and there are also southernerns too i have found doing this, so many infact). But hardly can u ever find a Plateau, Kogi or Benue man carrying thay shoe shinning kit and walking on the road.
U can hardly find a middleblt man hawking yam, carrot or sugar cane on wheel barrow. It is extremely rare or impossible.

After secondary sch, some of our boys from the rural areas move to southern cities especially, to do anything good their hands can lay on for them to be able to generate some money to go back to their states to finance their farming or further their education. But the normal hausa man u will find doing shoe shinning in the south probably has never come close to the four walls of a school and has no intention of that.

Secondly pls, many middlebelters do not speak hausa or substitute hausa for their languages.
All Benue & Kogi people (tivs, idomas, igede, igalas & ebiras), they do not speak hausa naturally nor understand it, unless they have lived in the core-north.
It is those of us from Nasarawa, Plateau, Taraba, southern kaduna & parts of Niger state that do speak & understand hausa as a second language (but still not all of us). I am from Plateau and there are some places u will go in my state that the people there dont understand hausa.
The reason we adopted hausa as a second language after our own native languages was due to the extremely ethnically diverse nature of out region.
In my state Plateau alone we have over 40 indigenous ethnic groups and over 50 distinct language groups. In southern kaduna alone there are over 55 distinct language groups. Nasarawa over 30 ethnic groups, Niger state over 35 ethnic groups and Taraba (the most ethnically diverse state in Nigeria) over 60 distinct ethnic groups.
Each of us have our own distinct languages & cultures, and as colonisation set in, we had to start interracting with ourselves.
English language or pidgin did not come to out region as early as the Niger deltan minorities who are at the coastlands and had greater priviledges of contact with the colonialists n foreigners.......plus the hausa fulanis who were the rulers of the old northern region which we were under never encouraged education early.
These are some of the reasons why we adopted the hausa language as a lingua franca, because it was the closest majority language to us. And the hausas had already establiished great trading routes even extending to other surrounding african areas, and some of our people made use of these trading routes.

Another reason that made us learn to speak hausa was the SUDAN CHRISTIAN MISSIONARIES who came to evangelise most of our people. They came and saw the great ethnic diversity of our region and they deemed it very difficult and cumbersome to evangelize and make bibles/gospel materials available to each of us in our own distinct languages, so they decided to evangelize to us in hausa and left the hausa bible and hausa gospel materials to us. And this was how we startes using hausa in our churches and the society to an extent.

Prior to our christianization, our fore fathers never worshipped their idols in hausa language but in their own native languages.
As for our own muslim brothers, most of them received islam via hausa land, so hausa came in through that way too.
Remember, that this is applicable only to those of us from Plateau, Taraba, Nasarawa, Niger, Southern Kaduna and Adamawa.
As for Kogi, Benue and Kwarans, hausa language was never able to penetrate them cos they were closer to the south and their ethnic groups are larger. They are not ethnically diverse. Most of them even learn to speak yoruba or igbo as second languages.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Beauty Of Middlebelt Nigerian Women by oyxah(f): 11:37am On Dec 29, 2014
Abduletudaye:

Oiza.. tongue
warisit?
Re: Beauty Of Middlebelt Nigerian Women by Abduletudaye(m): 1:31pm On Dec 29, 2014
oyxah:
warisit?

Can't I call my fellow ebira pikin again? grin
Re: Beauty Of Middlebelt Nigerian Women by oyxah(f): 11:25am On Dec 30, 2014
Abduletudaye:

Can't I call my fellow ebira pikin again? grin
lif me o
Re: Beauty Of Middlebelt Nigerian Women by Abduletudaye(m): 11:42am On Dec 30, 2014
oyxah:
lif me o

Issalie...cheesy
Re: Beauty Of Middlebelt Nigerian Women by successnwa(f): 11:54am On Dec 30, 2014
sule5727:
dats mdle belt for u home of beauties....I luv dis post great..
as in the numbers of those I have seen are really endowed
Re: Beauty Of Middlebelt Nigerian Women by Nowenuse: 11:23am On Dec 31, 2014
smiley
Re: Beauty Of Middlebelt Nigerian Women by Nowenuse: 12:48pm On Jan 04, 2015
And to wrap up the list of beauties 4dis thread

Re: Beauty Of Middlebelt Nigerian Women by ianSweet(f): 11:03pm On Jan 04, 2015
The list can never really end, cos we middlebelt women are endlessly beautiful.
Nice thread.
Re: Beauty Of Middlebelt Nigerian Women by tonychristopher: 9:52am On Jan 05, 2015
Nowenuse:

I also agree with some points u made here, but not all.
First of all i will disagree to any extent if u say that a middlebelt man shines shoes. I have never seen that all my life or heard of it. The worse kind of job our people may do is ride okada or gatemen (and there are also southernerns too i have found doing this, so many infact). But hardly can u ever find a Plateau, Kogi or Benue man carrying thay shoe shinning kit and walking on the road.
U can hardly find a middleblt man hawking yam, carrot or sugar cane on wheel barrow. It is extremely rare or impossible.

After secondary sch, some of our boys from the rural areas move to southern cities especially, to do anything good their hands can lay on for them to be able to generate some money to go back to their states to finance their farming or further their education. But the normal hausa man u will find doing shoe shinning in the south probably has never come close to the four walls of a school and has no intention of that.

Secondly pls, many middlebelters do not speak hausa or substitute hausa for their languages.
All Benue & Kogi people (tivs, idomas, igede, igalas & ebiras), they do not speak hausa naturally nor understand it, unless they have lived in the core-north.
It is those of us from Nasarawa, Plateau, Taraba, southern kaduna & parts of Niger state that do speak & understand hausa as a second language (but still not all of us). I am from Plateau and there are some places u will go in my state that the people there dont understand hausa.
The reason we adopted hausa as a second language after our own native languages was due to the extremely ethnically diverse nature of out region.
In my state Plateau alone we have over 40 indigenous ethnic groups and over 50 distinct language groups. In southern kaduna alone there are over 55 distinct language groups. Nasarawa over 30 ethnic groups, Niger state over 35 ethnic groups and Taraba (the most ethnically diverse state in Nigeria) over 60 distinct ethnic groups.
Each of us have our own distinct languages & cultures, and as colonisation set in, we had to start interracting with ourselves.
English language or pidgin did not come to out region as early as the Niger deltan minorities who are at the coastlands and had greater priviledges of contact with the colonialists n foreigners.......plus the hausa fulanis who were the rulers of the old northern region which we were under never encouraged education early.
These are some of the reasons why we adopted the hausa language as a lingua franca, because it was the closest majority language to us. And the hausas had already establiished great trading routes even extending to other surrounding african areas, and some of our people made use of these trading routes.

Another reason that made us learn to speak hausa was the SUDAN CHRISTIAN MISSIONARIES who came to evangelise most of our people. They came and saw the great ethnic diversity of our region and they deemed it very difficult and cumbersome to evangelize and make bibles/gospel materials available to each of us in our own distinct languages, so they decided to evangelize to us in hausa and left the hausa bible and hausa gospel materials to us. And this was how we startes using hausa in our churches and the society to an extent.

Prior to our christianization, our fore fathers never worshipped their idols in hausa language but in their own native languages.
As for our own muslim brothers, most of them received islam via hausa land, so hausa came in through that way too.
Remember, that this is applicable only to those of us from Plateau, Taraba, Nasarawa, Niger, Southern Kaduna and Adamawa.
As for Kogi, Benue and Kwarans, hausa language was never able to penetrate them cos they were closer to the south and their ethnic groups are larger. They are not ethnically diverse. Most of them even learn to speak yoruba or igbo as second languages.

I am impressed with this explanations

Pls.
Re: Beauty Of Middlebelt Nigerian Women by OmojaOfOwelle: 10:27pm On Jan 18, 2015
[quote author=Nowenuse post=29230241]

I really want to believe that urself ad Adamskutty are igala muslims, hence u both will because of islam claim that u are more related with hausas & yorubas, but read this......

ANAMBRA IS THE ANCESTRAL HOME OF IGALAS
By C. XRYDZ-EYUTCHAE

It was Professor Anta Diop of Senegal who observed that ethnic groups often do not realize the extent to which they share kinship with the language, culture, traditions and historical socio-political structures, evolved by communities they have come to view as rivals.
Indeed ethnic groups tend to see themselves as self-enclosed communities. But as an example are the Luluas of Kenya aware of their kingship with the Luluas of Senegal?By the same token how many of us in Nigeria are aware that Anambra State is the ancestral home of theIgalas, Ngwas, Jukuns and Binis? Yet it remains historically true that Anambra State is the birth place of the founding fathers of Bendel, Imo and Benue States. Hence in language classification these separated people speak a common language which forms part of Kwa group of West African languages.
From Archeological discoveries at Ugwuele near Okigwe dating their existence to some ages follows that the Igbos were descendants of the first men of earth now traced to the Oduvai Gorge in East Africa. Inhistorical literature, the Igbos, originally known as Iduus had their territorial distribution covering South west of the African continent later converging at the whole of the low lying land mass North and South of the Niger and Benue river confluence, down the Niger and Anambra River basins right down to the Niger Delta and westward to River Okpara beyond Lagos as shown in Rev. Johnson’s map in his history of the Yorubas.
Later the low land dwellers were characterized as the Olu and the highlanders as the Igbo.TraditionWaves of migratrants led by Eri settled at Anambra River basin, establishing the ancient Iduu Ime KINGDOM at Aguleri. Historical traditions relate that his progenitors included Agulu and Menri (from who were descended the Nri), Igbo, Igala, Oba (whose descendants were the Binis) Enuike and a daughter, Ulu-uwa.Igbo, an itinerant missionary acquired large Iduu followers who became known as Igbo people thus losing their Iduu identity just as followers of Christ arecalled Christians whether they came from Rome, London or Bonn.
Eris other descendant Menri established a priestly kingdom at Nri known for purification ceremonies andcoronation of tributary of Iduu Ime kingdom. Hence, the Eze Nri Obalike (Nri kings (1989-1935) in the first decade of the 20th century told the Government Anthropologist, Northcote Thomas, that the area subject to him was Iduu.
On the same matter Lawton wrote:“A marked feature of this (Nri) tribe is its hostility to the European, natural enough, when it is remembered that prior to the British, the Obalike was Eze Nri and crowned the kings of Benin and presided over all the religious observation of surrounding peoples”.It was the tradition that coronation titles were usually conferred on tributary kings by the ancestral Iduu Ime kingdom which also assigned to each a General as head of the palace guards.
Hence in honour of their ancestor, Atta the ruler of Igala was titled Atta of Igala. The founders of Benin were the descendants of Oba Eri whose habitation was UgwuOgodo where exists today, the Ogodo spring in Umuleri, near Aguleri. Hence the Binis in modem times still trace their ancestry of “Igodo” a corruption of Ogodo, an Igbo word for elevated place.
Hence the first king of Benin, Iweka (anglicized to Eweka) was titled Oba in honour of their ancestor, Oba Eri. Eweka is English spelling of Iweka just as the letter E in England is pronounced I, This name Iweka an Igbo name in full means Iweka n’uno.
It reflected the internal feud at the time the-would-be king was born. His second name was Edoziuno, Edo for short, meaning peace maker, thus was derived Edo Kingdom.The name Benin itself was a corruption of the Igbo words. 'llo obi inu', meaning a place of bitter mindedness, again reflecting the quarrelsomeness of the people at that time over kingship disputes. To the first Benin king was assigned General Ado from Iduu Ime as head of his palace guards.
According to the tradition of the people, Egbunike, the founding father of the Ogbunikes has three brothers, Awkuzu, Umuleriand Nando and a sister, Nwonicha. General Ado who was assigned to the Oba of Benin, married Nwonicha and the marriage resulted in such progenies as Onitsha Ado, Ado Ekiti etc.

Background

The Marriage formed the basis of the link between Ogbunike and Onitsha, thus giving the historical background to the Igbo adage which says: “Afuzi Onicha, Ogbunike ewelu,” meaning in the absence of Onitsha, Ogbunike takes its turn.] that's what my father told me "we the #Owelles' in Anambra west comes from Imo state" na wao ö with history. Just curious to know which Becouse we speak igbo and igala

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Beauty Of Middlebelt Nigerian Women by onila(f): 2:00am On Mar 10, 2015
adamskutty:
u must be high on weed.

The yorubas in kogi are among the minority .

The largest and strongest ethnic group in kogi are the igalas (more than 60 percent) and most of us have our ancestry from the core north. Idiotic cow.

The yorubas are in kogi west.
grin
Re: Beauty Of Middlebelt Nigerian Women by adamskutty(m): 2:04pm On Mar 11, 2015
onila:
grin
i am hungry for kiss, kindly blow one hot one to me grin Shuka! Shuka! grin grin grin
Re: Beauty Of Middlebelt Nigerian Women by Nobody: 4:03pm On Mar 11, 2015
Re: Beauty Of Middlebelt Nigerian Women by drealzum(m): 3:21pm On Oct 17, 2015
Kallamu Noah You have done well. But I dont think you and we middle beltans owe any one explanation that we are not Hausas. I dont give a damn what these southerners think. Explaining yourself to them is inferiority complex to me. Do they have an idea of the opinion we have about them? Thats aside.
Any way good job. You have done well showcasing our culture and telling people who we really are but I dont think you need to debate with any one who dosen't agree with you. Next time you want to do something like this, I will help you with beautiful ngas women pictures. Those ones you have are now obsolete.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Ooni Of Ife, His Wife, Naomi And Their Entourage Stuck In Hotel Lift / Ooni Of Ife Recreates Photo Of 4th Ooni Who Was Transformed Into A Deity / Where Did Nigerians Get That Superiority Complex From?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.