Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,270 members, 7,811,789 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 07:37 PM

Nairaland Contractors Lounge - Business (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Nairaland Contractors Lounge (83158 Views)

Nairaland Contractors Lounge - Season 2 / Information Marketer's Lounge (Special Thread For Info Marketer! ) / Forex EA Developers Lounge (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (25) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nairaland Contractors Lounge by databoy247(m): 10:00am On Jan 26, 2015
opeolukoya:
God blesss you databoy been following this. Topic since,i have a Registered Limited company for 3years now I was about goin into computer supplies before some sad incident happened in my life now am back on my feet tho am into importation now but willl want to spread into contract pray we all learn and execute good contract through this thread

Nice one, God will help all of us.

Davidolives:
am in

You'll welcome.

@All, i will soon be shedding some light on how to do a CAC registration online. Yes, it's possible now. Stay tuned.

============================================================================================================
if you are thinking of starting out but really dont know what to do, if you are looking for silent information on available contracts, if you want to learn more procedures, then i advice that you subscribe here; http://eepurl.com/51ycX
Re: Nairaland Contractors Lounge by databoy247(m): 2:57pm On Jan 26, 2015
Are you one of those who dream of owning your own business? You'll be your own boss, and the captain of your destiny—–maybe even a captain of industry. Is it hard? Without a doubt. Is it challenging? Absolutely. Do you have to be wealthy and well-educated with a lengthy resumé? Not at all! Can you do it? yes!. So how do you do it, and make it work? Plan, plan, plan! There are some tried and true ways head down the path of creating your own business, and there is no time like the present to get started! Here are some great tips that might help you;

Have an idea.
It might be a product you've always wanted to make, or a service you feel people need. It might even be something people don't know they need yet, because it hasn't been invented! It can be helpful—–and fun—–to have people who are bright and creative join you for a casual brainstorming session. Start with a simple question like: "what shall we build?". The idea is not to create a business plan, just to generate some ideas. Many of the ideas will be duds, and there will be quite a few ordinary ones, but a few will emerge that have real potential.

Define your goals.
Do you want financial independence, eventually selling your business to the highest bidder (though not a popular idea here in Nigeria)? Do you want something small and sustainable, that you love doing and want to derive a steady income from? Or do you want to build a corporation with plenty of staff? These are the things that are good to know very early on.

Create a working name.
You could even do this before you have an idea for the business, and if the name is good, you may find it helps you define your business idea. As your plan grows, and things begin to take shape, the perfect name may come to you, but don't let that hinder you in the early phases—–create a name that you can use while you plan, and don't mind changing later. And yes you can make use of this name for a while before going ahead to register it with the CAC. This might be dangerous because you name might be stolen....so do it right!

Define your team.
Will you do this alone, or will you bring in one or two trusted friends to join you? This brings a lot of synergy to the table, as people bounce ideas off each other. Two people together can often create something that is greater than the sum of the two separate parts. Also, don't forget that when choosing the person or people you're going to build the business with, be careful. Even if someone is your best friend, it doesn't mean that you will partner well in a business operation. Start it with a reliable person.

Create a business plan.

A business plan helps to define what you think you need to launch your business, large or small. It summarizes the sense of your business in a single document. It also creates a map for investors, bankers, and other interested parties to use when determining how they can best help you and to help them decide whether or not your business is viable. Click here to get an extensive step by step guide here and even a full blown template.

Check out your competitors.

Know how much are they selling a similar product for. Can you add something to it (add value) to make yours different and hence make it a more enticing price?

Get a website.
If you're selling online, get your e-commerce in gear and either build a website, or have one built for you. It's your storefront, so anything and everything you can do to make people want to visit, and want to stay, do it.

Have interesting, eye-catching business cards printed.

Spend time developing an excellent social media presence.
This can be done well before the business is ready, increasing anticipation. Use Facebook, Google+ and Twitter, and any other social media you participate in to build excitement and spread the word. You want to build a buzz so that people will begin following your progress. (Be sure to choose business accounts for your business and keep your personal accounts separate.

This brief lecture is not for you if you already have an incorporated company. But if you are yet to get one, then consider these points carefully

4 Likes

Re: Nairaland Contractors Lounge by zeestone99(m): 10:52am On Jan 27, 2015
scantee:
@op God bless you nice thread. Though i just want to point out few things from ur post so far, many of what you listed (documents) here is not really neccessary for freshiers, especially the Nipex registration, i have pratically worked with at least 5 big oil coy, and still with them now, at same time my company (personal) runs a lot of contract jobs for spdc, nlng, agip, mobil, cheavelon etc without all that documents listed, and i am a bit confussed that some of the prices of some registration you mentioned differs here in Ph. Any way keep the good work coming, i will be contributing bit by bit as we progress, with time i would'nt mind given out a comprehensive contract profile for free here, it contains all the polices, method statements, it contains over 20 polices,

Hello we @ monz electric solutions re into solar and inverter supplies and installation, we supply laptops and other computer equipment, i hp we can do biznes 2geda u can reach us on 08117398294 or email monzelectricsolutions@gmail.com
Re: Nairaland Contractors Lounge by Nobody: 2:12pm On Jan 27, 2015
OP, please, how do I get the following documents?

* Current Tax Clearance Certificate
* VAT Registration Certificate
* Health, Safety, and Environment (HSE) Policies and
Procedures
* Quality Assurance / Quality Control (QA/QC) Policies
and Procedures
* Employees' Compensation Certificate or evidence of payment of Employees'
* Liability with Nigeria Social Insurance Trust Fund
(NSITF)
* Copy of agreement with original equipment
manufacturers/technical partners.

Cos I learnt they are documents required to get contract from NLNG.

And can TIN cover up for tax clearance certificate?

Thanks.
Re: Nairaland Contractors Lounge by databoy247(m): 4:01pm On Jan 27, 2015
lrguru:
OP, please, how do I get the following documents?

* Current Tax Clearance Certificate
* VAT Registration Certificate
* Health, Safety, and Environment (HSE) Policies and
Procedures
* Quality Assurance / Quality Control (QA/QC) Policies
and Procedures
* Employees' Compensation Certificate or evidence of payment of Employees'
* Liability with Nigeria Social Insurance Trust Fund
(NSITF)
* Copy of agreement with original equipment
manufacturers/technical partners.

Cos I learnt they are documents required to get contract from NLNG.

And can TIN cover up for tax clearance certificate?

Thanks.

Tax clearance certificate and VAT can be obtained from any Federal Inland Revenue Service (FIRS) office closet to you. Employee compensation and NISTF registration can be done in Abuja in the PENCOM/NISTF offices.

TIN is just your Identification number, it can't cover up for tax clearance certificate. Just like in school, having a matric number does not mean you have a degree yet. So go get one.

The other documents can be obtained at www.officemanager.com.ng
Re: Nairaland Contractors Lounge by Nobody: 5:13pm On Jan 27, 2015
databoy247:

Tax clearance certificate and VAT can be obtained from any Federal Inland Revenue Service (FIRS) office closet to you. Employee compensation and NISTF registration can be done in Abuja in the PENCOM/NISTF offices.

TIN is just your Identification number, it can't cover up for tax clearance certificate. Just like in school, having a matric number does not mean you have a degree yet. So go get one.

The other documents can be obtained at www.officemanager.com.ng

Thanks a lot boss. U are one in a million
Re: Nairaland Contractors Lounge by Ewenla202: 8:11pm On Jan 27, 2015
@databoy and others who contributed by sharing valuable information,just know that your efforts are highly apprecited . May God's infinite mercies be with you all ,thank you very much.
Re: Nairaland Contractors Lounge by scantee(m): 9:13am On Jan 29, 2015
Will be back here soon, still very busy at the moment. guys keep the thread going.

kudos to you guys.
Re: Nairaland Contractors Lounge by Nobody: 11:51am On Jan 29, 2015
Pls how do I get the tax clearance certificate and the VAT registration certificate?

Thanks
Re: Nairaland Contractors Lounge by favourume(f): 8:22pm On Jan 29, 2015
Pls do you have an idea of writing or developing a set of policies and procedures that regulate integrated facility management functions for contracts
Re: Nairaland Contractors Lounge by databoy247(m): 10:30pm On Jan 30, 2015
lrguru:
Pls how do I get the tax clearance certificate and the VAT registration certificate?

Thanks
The answer to your question is here:
databoy247:
Re: Nairaland Contractors Lounge by Nobody: 10:50pm On Jan 30, 2015
databoy247:

The answer to your question is here:
thanks a lot.
Re: Nairaland Contractors Lounge by databoy247(m): 1:14pm On Jan 31, 2015
favourume:
Pls do you have an idea of writing or developing a set of policies and procedures that regulate integrated facility management functions for contracts
Yes i do, but it depends on if you are giving out or sourcing for the contracts. I believe the set of policies for a regulated Integrated Facilities Management will be more of abiding instructions to properties and facilities utility either by direct end users or sub facilities managers under your direct supervision.

So it is a two way thing.
Re: Nairaland Contractors Lounge by mrprofits(m): 1:43pm On Jan 31, 2015
WE HAVE GOOD REWARD FOR ANYONE WHO HELP US OUT IN GETTING A CLEANING CONTRACT.
INDOOR CLEANING AND POLISHING OF DOORS, FLOORS,WINDOWS, WALLS.
POST CONSTRUCTION CLEANING
OUTDOOR
AND PAINTING CONTRACTS.
WE HAVE ALL IT TAKES TO SATISFY YOU.
CALL ME TODAY.08078322643.
PLEASE, DO HELP US WITH A CONTRACT TODAY.
Re: Nairaland Contractors Lounge by Immortal2010(m): 2:18pm On Jan 31, 2015
We are a genuine & Honest Oil and Gas company in Lagos Nigeria, with office in Lagos, we can supply pms AGO,&DPK . We have in stock the following products:

Petrol A.k.A AS Premium Motor Spirit (PMS)
Diesel A.k.A Automotive Gas & Oils (AGO)
Kerosene A.k.A Dual Purpose Kerosene (DPK)

We can supply the above to any destination within the country at a very reasonable and affordable price. You can count on us for prompt and safe delivery of your products.

For further inquiries , please contact:

Dickson: 08059435111
Email:immortaldickson2010@gmail.com
Re: Nairaland Contractors Lounge by alpharbody(m): 10:16am On Feb 01, 2015
pls databoy247 , I gave the contract of registering my company to a lawyer since last year November with CAC , but til now he say CAC are updating their system/management so getting availability of name or registration of enterprise is difficult to get . he say that some ppl that have send their own before me have not getting it , pls I want to know if their are persons facing the same problem here ,
any staff of CAC in the house should pls give us update of the problem of registering company with CAC since last year October....
Re: Nairaland Contractors Lounge by databoy247(m): 10:26am On Feb 01, 2015
alpharbody:

pls databoy247 , I gave the contract of registering my company to a lawyer since last year November with CAC , but til now he say CAC are updating their system/management so getting availability of name or registration of enterprise is difficult to get . he say that some ppl that have send their own before me have not getting it , pls I want to know if their are persons facing the same problem here ,
any staff of CAC in the house should pls give us update of the problem of registering company with CAC since last year October....

I think he is not being truthful. Why dont you pay a visit to the CAC office?

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Contractors Lounge by alpharbody(m): 10:38am On Feb 01, 2015
databoy247:

I think he is not being truthful. Why dont you pay a visit to the CAC office?

I wil visit their office in my area to confirm , because the delay is hindering me from going g to get other documents I need to apply for..
he mention something like its from abuja office
Re: Nairaland Contractors Lounge by chilaw: 12:15pm On Feb 01, 2015
For me, this is the best topic I have ever seen in nairaland. Let's keep post like this coming. Apart from information it contains, it will also help us to network.
For those in portharcourt or Niger Delta and beyond, should u need scaffold in ur buildings jobs or in offshores/onshore,and equipments like welding machines,compressors,pumps(all kinds)valves,barges,skips,storage tanks,conncrete mixers, compactors etc. And services such as blasting and spray painting,fabrication,screeding and painting etc.
Pls call 08082688118. See u @ the top. Cheers.
Re: Nairaland Contractors Lounge by databoy247(m): 12:22pm On Feb 03, 2015
There is currently an invitation for contractors to Bid at the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC). Also, there is an Invitation For Bids (IFB) For Procurement Of Goods for Bayelsa State Government. There are even supply jobs (AGOs) for some offshore locations, Facility Rehabilitation, consultancy services for Environmental Impact Assessment in Benue, Ogun and Zamfara states, etc.

I am a small time contractor, and i definitely cant do it all. The little i get is ok for me...for now. Hence, my sharing of information to you. Apart from hustling for contracts, i am a businessman...a consultant to be precise. Dont be suprised why i dont charge you millions for all the information i dish out frequently. Somebody has to help for life to maintain its balance.

Sometime ago i promised to work with existing and up coming contractors on giving out lates tenders, bids, and contract opportunities. But the condition is that you must position yourself to start working. To enjoy this, you must have registered with CAC and all the relevant authorities, and gotten all your complete documentation.

You have to view these new offers and contract opportunities;
http://officemanager.com.ng/new-contract-opportunities-available/

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nairaland Contractors Lounge by clementcro(m): 2:30pm On Feb 03, 2015
WE ARE ALSO IN NEED OF CONTRACTS, BELOW ARE THE LIST OF SERVICES WE CAN PROVIDE

Double-Edge Technologies is an Information Technology company based in Lagos Nigeria.
We specialize in creating ICT solutions for individuals, corporate bodies, government and non-governmental organizations.
Established in the year 2011, Double Edge Technologies has been a major role player in the ICT industry, we have consulted and still consulting for Nigerian Government organizations and even organizations across the West African Countries.
Below are the Services we can render to your organization
• Bulk SMS/ SMS Alert Application
• Website Development
• Web Portal Development
• Mobile Application Development
• Facebook Application Development
• Desktop Application Development
• Microsoft Sharepoint Development
• Customized Scratch Card Production
• Live/On demand Event Streaming Solution
• Microfinance/Banking Software
• Filling Station Management Software

CALL 08060595019
Re: Nairaland Contractors Lounge by mrprofits(m): 8:21am On Feb 04, 2015
WE SEEK FOR CLEANING JOBS IN THE FCT ABUJA, PHC,WARRI,ASABA,BENINCITY,
WE CARRYOUT ALL CLEANING SERVICES.
(1)HOME CAR WASH SERVICES/OFFICE CAR WASH SERVICES.
(2)COMMERCIAL CLEANING SERVICES (OFFICES,SHOPPING COMPLEXES, HOSPITALS, FAST FOOD JOINTS, BANKS, EVENTS CENTERS, SCHOOLS, ETC.)
(3)OIL AND GAS CLEANING SERVICES (FUEL STATIONS, TANK CLEANING AND COAT PAINTING, SLUDGE REMOVAL, DEGREASING, ALL PETROLEUM STORAGE TANK CLEANING,ETC).
(4)HOME CLEANING SERVICES (APARTMENT CLEANING, ESTATE CLEANING, ETC)
WE GUARANTEE 100% DELIVERY.
WE HAVE THE TEAM, WE HAVE THE EXPERTISE, WE HAVE THE VARIOUS PARTNERSHIPS.
WE REWARD ALL THOSE WHO SOURCE JOBS FOR US MAXIMALLY.
PLEASE, CALL US TO DAY

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nairaland Contractors Lounge by uphena: 8:54am On Feb 04, 2015
@databoy247(m)
what do you have for we that are into cleaning services? undecided cry
Re: Nairaland Contractors Lounge by mrprofits(m): 11:07am On Feb 04, 2015
uphena:
@databoy247(m)
what do you have for we that are into cleaning services? undecided cry
Where you stay Uphena?
Re: Nairaland Contractors Lounge by databoy247(m): 12:33pm On Feb 04, 2015
If you have not subscribed to our mailing list, then do so now cos you are missing out. My recent and last mail was practical steps on how to register as a contractor with NNPC either as a limited liability company or as an enterprise. Remember, through us, you get the information first and help you stay ahead in the game. To register, follow this http://eepurl.com/51ycX
Re: Nairaland Contractors Lounge by uphena: 4:46pm On Feb 04, 2015
mrprofits:

Where you stay Uphena?
i stay in lasgidi.
Re: Nairaland Contractors Lounge by awumen: 5:12pm On Feb 09, 2015
God will make all nairalander contractors to hammer this year oooooo!!!!!
Re: Nairaland Contractors Lounge by Nobody: 5:43pm On Feb 09, 2015
nice thread.....following with keen interest.please any contractor in the house that can offer me a job,am based in port harcourt
Re: Nairaland Contractors Lounge by rolextoni: 5:59pm On Feb 09, 2015
Hello, I find this topic really cool. I handle my coy registration with other big companies. @scantee @Lrguru Please can you send me your contact nos and email? We have registered as vendors with NLNG, how do we get contracts? Who can we speak with? Please a guide will be very useful.

Regards,
Re: Nairaland Contractors Lounge by scantee(m): 8:34pm On Feb 09, 2015
For those planning to register their company is now easy
to do so without service of an agent, do it yourself

first follow this link to check the availability of the name you intend to use, after which you proceed with the registration

Read the guidelines/instructions before registering.

http://services.cac.gov.ng/login
Re: Nairaland Contractors Lounge by scantee(m): 8:38pm On Feb 09, 2015
rolextoni:
Hello, I find this topic really cool. I handle my coy registration with other big companies. @scantee @Lrguru Please can you send me your contact nos and email? We have registered as vendors with NLNG, how do we get contracts? Who can we speak with? Please a guide will be very useful.

Regards,

Sorry bro I personal don't give out peoples contact or emails, I don't give contracts neither do I know who to contact to give you, I will only give you guidelines on how to go about it here.
Re: Nairaland Contractors Lounge by Nobody: 10:02pm On Feb 09, 2015
scantee:

Or ask of Helen Ogbuche at vendors Service she will help you. Send me a pm i will give you her emall address and phone number u can talk to her.

As for exxon mobil or cheavron u needs the nipex registration as databoy stated above.

I will guide u through on how to go about it i cant think straight now due to my sad day.

All will be well,pls take heart

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (25) (Reply)

Man In Only Towel At Ecobank ATM Withdrawing Money (Photo) / Top 19 Lucrative Business You Can Start In Nigeria With Less Money / Meet Grasshoppers Seller Who Makes ₦20,000 To ₦30,000 Daily In Kaduna (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.